First | Previous | Page 5 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#201 Posted: 12:43:55 13/02/2012
What's a good path for Wrecking Ball on the Wii?
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#202 Posted: 15:03:24 13/02/2012
Quote: Fireballz

The path that puts him on the shelf. I always avoid playing Wrecking Ball. Better options exist with the Magic element.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#203 Posted: 16:41:48 13/02/2012
Quote: joerox123

I agree EXCEPT for ... don't have a heart attack.... DROBOT. He belongs in the clockwork dragon. I know everyone says the other path is better. But as a clockworker he kills everything in sight!!! On a separate note, cynder is exactly like zap!! they both have lightning! they both have fast damaging paths! so in my opinion the nether welder path SUCKS!! I like the other one better.

whut?
masterblaster drobot kills everything in sight too! you tried it? and the bladegears suck veru much

Quote: Fireballz

ultimate spinner. the tongue path is very weak. ultimate spinner is... uhm... i can't say strong but... very annoying for your opponent
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#204 Posted: 17:20:03 13/02/2012
Master Blaster outclasses Clockwork Dragon by far... Nah it's like heaven & hell. No comparison.
---
smilie
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#205 Posted: 17:40:14 13/02/2012
i took the spinner path for wrecking ball, he's a fun little guy overall. His soul gem is really awesome!
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#206 Posted: 20:47:52 13/02/2012
What's the best path for Terrafin and Slam Bam?
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#207 Posted: 20:50:11 13/02/2012
Quote: Madel

The punching one for Terrafin and read my one for Slam Bam on the Ice path on page 4 post #187.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:51:33 13/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#208 Posted: 20:53:11 13/02/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

The punching one for Terrafin and read my one for Slam Bam on the Ice path on page 4 post #187.

Thanks. smilie I'll definitely go ice path for Slam Bam and I'll let my friend know your advice on Terrafin.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#209 Posted: 20:54:58 13/02/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Thanks. smilie I'll definitely go ice path for Slam Bam and I'll let my friend know your advice on Terrafin.

Yep. Terrafin does good damage on this path.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

jerazik Red Sparx Gems: 56
#210 Posted: 01:35:23 14/02/2012
Let's revisit this thread. I plan on redoing my Slam Bam and having him go the Blizzard Brawler Upgrade Path simply because I rarely use the Ice Prisons from the Glacial Yeti Upgrade Path. More damage plus 40 Armor sounds like a better plus he still has Yeti Ice Shoe Slide to cover his lack of Speed issues.

Now my main question is, what makes Ignitor's Soul of the Flame Upgrade Path better than his Blademaster Upgrade Path? I know in the Soul of the Flame Upgrade Path that his Flame Form moves faster, has the option of triggering explosions, doing more damage and having a second Flame Form Mortar, but the thing that bothers me is how vulnerable your body is left when you leave your armor. I'm not exactly sure how much more damage Flame Form would do on this Upgrade Path but is it better than the 40 Damage per hit Ignitor normally does with basic attacks? I'm asking because my Ignitor is currently maxed out on the Blademaster Upgrade Path and was wondering how much more viable his Soul of the Flame Upgrade Path was. Keep in mind, I know that there are better melee Skylanders out there, but I just want what's best for Ignitor at the moment. Thanks in advance for any input!
---
Currently Owned Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#211 Posted: 01:56:30 14/02/2012
Flame form salvos do 50 damage a piece, and at close range, all three can hit an enemy at once for massive damage. The explosion does 38, I believe, and running over your enemy with the flame form does over 20. This damage adds up very quickly, and honestly, he puts out better numbers on this form than he does with his sword, in addition to having one of the fastest and best ranged attacks in the game. The explosion also allows you to return to your pile of armor instantly, which eliminates it as a liability and actually allows you to use it as a trap. The truth is, opponents don't WANT to be close to Ignitor, and if you can trick them into thinking they do, you can blast them with potentially 150 damage in mortars, explode your flame form instantly for another 38 damage, and make them rue the day they ever dared charge you. Not terribly effective versus Stealth Elf, but she's just one character.

I really would reset him, maxed out or not. Soul of the Flame is one of the best characters in the game.
jerazik Red Sparx Gems: 56
#212 Posted: 02:27:20 14/02/2012
That, Tashiji, was the perfect reply. Thank you very much for that, for providing a situational example and the numbers to back them up. That strategy alone is incredibly intriguing and I would love to try it out. Yeah, Stealth Elf is just ONE Skylander, and being the highest tier DPS out of all of them, it's hard to find a decent counter for her anyway. Thanks again for your input! I'll go ahead and redo Ignitor after I redo Slam Bam and finish maxing out my last four Skylanders (Boomer, Prism Break, Zap and Spyro).
---
Currently Owned Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#213 Posted: 02:54:35 14/02/2012
For the Wii version, what path should I take for Drill Sergeant? I heard his charge attack is nerfed on the Wii game, but it is still better than the other path on Wii?
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#214 Posted: 03:25:26 14/02/2012
It is nerfed, but still somewhat respectable actually. Definitely go charge. It's slower, and covers less distance than PS360, but is still no slouch. Remember to keep your auto-blaster button held down no matter what, and shoot your drill hands whenever they're available. If you can master juggling all three of his abilities at once, even on Wii version he's second only to Drobot as a Tech champion, and a strong middle-tier character overall. There's a lot to like about Drill Sergeant, you just have to get past a natural bias for seeing big numbers and embrace his damage over time.
#215 Posted: 03:33:41 14/02/2012
A problem I tend to have with smilie is that he takes a lot of damage. Is charging right up to the enemies really the best idea? :S
---
#216 Posted: 03:36:45 14/02/2012
You don't charge directly, you clip them while charging past and shooting things at them. Auto Blaster adds up and frustrates, drill cannons home in and add even more damage, and by the time you brush them with your charge, you'll have really caused some respectable DoT. Aim for the sides, circle around, make yourself difficult to hit. Drill Sergeant can be pretty nimble with a little practice, and he performs well in PVP... more so on PS360, but he's still better than his numbers would indicate on Wii.
#217 Posted: 03:49:59 14/02/2012
Ah. That's what I'm doing wrong then. I keep plowing straight into enemies to get multiple hits. smilie Thanks for the info. Drill Sergeant's always been one of my favourite Skylanders from a toy design standpoint, so I want to be able to use him well. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:50:37 14/02/2012 by DinoHex
#218 Posted: 03:54:04 14/02/2012
He's my favorite Tech character too. Yes, Drobot is better, but at least Boomer and Trigger Happy aren't! He's a nice silver medal in his element.
#219 Posted: 00:27:40 15/02/2012
Is Gill Grunt's water path nerfed in the wii game? I hear it's better, but I can't seem to get multiple hits on an enemy with it.:/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:00 15/02/2012 by DinoHex
#220 Posted: 00:32:10 15/02/2012
You have to constantly shoot starfish while firing it. The water itself only accounts for some of the damage; the rest is from sealife.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#221 Posted: 00:34:08 15/02/2012
Quote: Tashiji
You have to constantly shoot starfish while firing it. The water itself only accounts for some of the damage; the rest is from sealife.

Ah, that's why I liked the harpoon path better.

For whoever asked me about that, I resetted Gil and tried the Water Weaver path. It's alright, but I still like the Harpoon path better...
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#222 Posted: 00:34:22 15/02/2012

That path shoots starfish!?
---

Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#223 Posted: 00:35:00 15/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Ah, that's why I liked the harpoon path better.

For whoever asked me about that, I resetted Gil and tried the Water Weaver path. It's alright, but I still like the Harpoon path better...

But Water Weaver is way better.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#224 Posted: 00:38:17 15/02/2012
Yes, it does shoot starfish. If you press the primary attack button while firing Water Weaver's cannon, sealife projectiles fire for additional damage.
#225 Posted: 00:41:55 15/02/2012
Quote: Rays

Are you playing on the Wii? It's terrible on the Wii.

If you are, I just can't use it. Characters like Prism Break or Double Trouble are better because it does a constant stream of damage. On the Wii, it's not every second, and although you get to move around a lot faster, it doesn't do a whole lot of damage, at least from what I've seen.
---
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#226 Posted: 00:43:19 15/02/2012
^ It does. You just spam the water fish attacks while using the jetpack.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#227 Posted: 01:32:14 15/02/2012
Quote: Rays

Are you playing on the Wii? It's terrible on the Wii.

If you are, I just can't use it. Characters like Prism Break or Double Trouble are better because it does a constant stream of damage. On the Wii, it's not every second, and although you get to move around a lot faster, it doesn't do a whole lot of damage, at least from what I've seen.

This is because, even at his best, Gill Grunt isn't as good as Prism Break or Double Trouble. Water Weaver is still his best path, because Harpooner is even worse.
ghost master Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#228 Posted: 02:18:51 15/02/2012
Thanks Tashiji for your upgrade path opinions. Still stuck for hex though.
---
I have no ideas for a signature.
#229 Posted: 02:25:25 15/02/2012
I dunno. I just cqant get into Water Weaver. I had much more fun with the harpoons. Plus I can pick enemes off at a long distance.
---
#230 Posted: 02:25:37 15/02/2012
With Hex, it's a matter of what mode you intend to use her for. In PVP, it's hard to match Bone Crafter. Her defensive superiority with that path is only matched by Prism Break, and it's quite handy in repelling would-be attackers who might try to exploit Hex's awful movement speed. In story mode, though, everything that makes Bone Crafter great for PVP doesn't really do anything of use. You don't need to defend, and Skull Rain charges for too long to be practical, even with the reductions. Shade Master, on the other hand, just demolishes CPU enemies at such a pace that it renders defending at all, or charging up for a move like Skull Rain, irrelevant.

So, base your choice with Hex on what you plan to do with her. We have our primary Hex on Shade Master for story-mode purposes, and with Giants looming, that's looking like a better decision than it did when there was only the one game to worry about. We do have a boxed Bone Crafter Hex for PVP, though, and I must say, she's more than a match for most characters on that path.
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#231 Posted: 02:29:27 15/02/2012
I dunno. I just cqant get into Water Weaver. I had much more fun with the harpoons. Plus I can pick enemes off at a long distance.

Same. Everyone says Water Weaver is better, but its hard to use for me. The damage is slow and he always squelches.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#232 Posted: 02:54:56 15/02/2012
Sometimes the build that's technically superior isn't up the player's alley. For me, it's Ultimate Spinner Wrecking Ball. I don't find the build fun at all, I think there are better chargers, and even though I know the tongue build is less useful, I still find it far more engaging.
#233 Posted: 03:05:14 15/02/2012
Quote: ghost master
Thanks Tashiji for your upgrade path opinions. Still stuck for hex though.

I've tried both paths and they are both pretty good, but I like the Bones one better. This is for the story playing mode not PvP.
---

EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#234 Posted: 03:33:32 15/02/2012
I'm thinking it could be a version difference. ...?

I play the PC version which, as far as I know, has the same stats as the PS360 version, and with a little practice I can use my Water Weaver Gill Grunt to cover an entire area with a 50-100 damage-per-second impenetrable torrent of death.

The water does around 20 damage per second (forgot whether it was just under or just over 20) and has a very powerful knockback that keeps enemies well away. The water also has decent range after upgrading and once you get some practice with that swivelling motion of the movement controls while you fire you can keep a fairly large area of battlefield covered with a seemingly constant stream of the stuff. Adding to this, the inifinite water upgrade allows constant use of the jetpack to scoot around anything that somehow penetrates your wall of doom, so with the right ammount of practice and concentration you can ensure that nothing touches Gill Grunt during his little offensive.
The Starfish bombs are harder to use to their best extent, but even without practice you can get away with indiscriminately peppering them all over the place, because their radius of damage is just about big enough to catch a few nearby targets in their 20-damage-a-piece blast. You can have about six of these launched at once remember so it should be pretty easy to cover most of the battlefield with them. With a little aiming practice and a feel for the movement patterns of enemies caught in the water spray, you can eventually learn to place the starfish bombs with precision to ensure maximum payoff from each blast.

You'll notice that most of the things I described above involve practice to learn to do, and this is one of my personal favourite things about Gill Grunt! I believe there's nothing wrong with a little bit of learning curve in a game like Skylanders, and I enjoy using Gill Grunt because while he causes a lot large-area carnage, he doesn't do it in a way I would describe as "effortless": You always have to pay attention to make sure your enemy doesn't get through the flow of water, and if it does you have to choose whether to jetpack off to one side or carefully drop a starfish bomb in its path. Personally, it's this small ammount of concentration during battle that keeps Gill Grunt exciting for me.

I had to put a little time in to get a feel for what he's capable of, but now I can wipe battlefields clean of monsters in single player, while in PvP I can pin an unprepared opponent in to a corner and cover him in starfish bombs whilst watching a massive chunk of his health bar turn red. Fun times.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:36:14 15/02/2012 by EgoNaut
#235 Posted: 04:16:36 15/02/2012
What path should I take for Boomer? I kinda want to go on the smashing path (Clobber Troll).
---

Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#236 Posted: 04:23:58 15/02/2012
I chose that Path and i like it. You hit the ground once everybodys frozen
hold square and BOOM! Now everybodys dead.
WithWhirlwind Green Sparx Gems: 388
#237 Posted: 04:25:07 15/02/2012
If you want to take clobber troll, personally I like the other because his dynamite does incredible damage then splits into 3 sticks and you spam with troll bombs, so it has superiority but if you want clobber toll you should try clobber troll
---
Have:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#238 Posted: 04:27:23 15/02/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
I chose that Path and i like it. You hit the ground once everybodys frozen
hold square and BOOM! Now everybodys dead.

Ok umm I have the Wii version.

Quote: WithWhirlwind
If you want to take clobber troll, personally I like the other because his dynamite does incredible damage then splits into 3 sticks and you spam with troll bombs, so it has superiority but if you want clobber toll you should try clobber troll

Thanks I'll try clobber troll and if I don't like it I'll reset and try the Dynamite one. smilie
(P.S. Are you excited? We are going to be Green Sparx this week and not newbies anymore! smilie)
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:29:12 15/02/2012 by Whirlwind5598
WithWhirlwind Green Sparx Gems: 388
#239 Posted: 04:41:38 15/02/2012
Quote:
Thanks I'll try clobber troll and if I don't like it I'll reset and try the Dynamite one.
(P.S. Are you excited? We are going to be Green Sparx this week and not newbies anymore! )

Yes! I'm very exited
---
Have:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Caramelted Red Sparx Gems: 93
#240 Posted: 10:53:51 16/02/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
Quote: syzygy333
What's the better way to go with Ignitor...soul of the flame or blademaster? Thx!

Definately Soul of the Flame.

Soul of the Flame is powerful and fun - Blademaster is an average melee attacker in a game full of awesome melee attackers like Stealth Elf.

Average? Hardly! 40 damage per hit!!! I wouldn't say average!
---
I'll let the flames begin!
#241 Posted: 14:05:21 16/02/2012
i can assure everyone gill grunt's water weaver path is strong even on the wii.
can someone give some numbers about ignitor damage plz?
---
#242 Posted: 14:39:25 16/02/2012
Quote: Caramelted
Quote: syzygy333
What's the better way to go with Ignitor...soul of the flame or blademaster? Thx!

Definately Soul of the Flame.

Soul of the Flame is powerful and fun - Blademaster is an average melee attacker in a game full of awesome melee attackers like Stealth Elf.

Average? Hardly! 40 damage per hit!!! I wouldn't say average!

I meant average in the sense that other melee attackers like Stealth Elf and Terrafin can do much better.

Voodude, I'd recommend seeing post 212 by Tashiji further up this page for some Ignitor damage numbers.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:42:34 16/02/2012 by EgoNaut
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#243 Posted: 01:04:40 17/02/2012
Yes it kicks but on wii
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#244 Posted: 01:14:43 17/02/2012
I would choose the punch path for Slam Bam, he does some great damage! But anyone can be better with a certain path. smilie
---
I like Skylanders...
#245 Posted: 01:24:21 17/02/2012
Ignitor really is an average melee compared to the game's elite. Most people champion Battlemaster because that's what they picked. I don't really know anyone who's played both and hasn't stuck with Soul of the Flame.
#246 Posted: 14:26:30 17/02/2012
i saw tashiji post. soul flame seems very good. but what about the other path and the melee attacks?
---
#247 Posted: 15:18:00 17/02/2012
Quote: voodude
i saw tashiji post. soul flame seems very good. but what about the other path and the melee attacks?

I don't remember the exact numbers. I just know that the total damage output is alot less than that of Soul of the Flame, maybe even half the ammount.
---
#248 Posted: 16:47:50 17/02/2012
Quote: voodude

I don't remember the exact numbers. I just know that the total damage output is alot less than that of Soul of the Flame, maybe even half the ammount.

too bad i love melee characters and combos so much... i still want know more about blademaster smilie
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#249 Posted: 22:23:50 20/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Hey, did anyone try Double Trouble's Conjuror path and like it?
---
but i love it all smooth
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#250 Posted: 00:05:33 21/02/2012
i know wham shell isn't out yet, but could u recomend a upgrade path for him
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
First | Previous | Page 5 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me