Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Spyro Fan-Made Films- Frixion
First | Previous | Page 3 of 20 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20
Spyro Fan-Made Films- Frixion [CLOSED]
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#101 Posted: 23:27:57 28/12/2011
Where can I upload it because I haven't got a YouTube account :/
---
Why am I back
Skijarama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1500
#102 Posted: 23:43:50 28/12/2011
Well, you could always send it to me personally. Shoot over a PM.
#103 Posted: 05:24:42 29/12/2011
I'll try to upload it on imageshack then
---
Why am I back
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#104 Posted: 07:03:28 29/12/2011
SJ, would you like this sort of format for the script?

IGNITUS: In the year of the dragon, in a world beyond the realms, I, like all the others, awaited the birth of the dragon that the prophecies foretold. But the Dark Master had heard the prophecies as well. I should have hidden the eggs long before, but I... I thought we were prepared, I thought they were safe... Oh... how I was wrong.

{There is a bang, then the Dark Amy appears, knocking down the door.}

VOLTEER: Ignitus, save them! The Dark Armies have come!

{IGNITUS flees, and sends the egg in a mushroom down the stream.}

IGNITUS: May the Ancestors look after you. May they look after us all.
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#105 Posted: 07:31:06 29/12/2011
*looks around*
Well, waited and checked this thread almost once each day. No sign from Bolt saying anything as a confirmation.

I'm gonna have to decline my offer on being a concept artist.
(Gonna be working on my own stuff for next year, anyways.)

I wish you all the best of luck in this! ^___^
#106 Posted: 17:34:05 29/12/2011
@Hyena: okedokey.

@Angel: Looks good. Just a tad more detail might work.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#107 Posted: 00:47:47 30/12/2011
I REMEMBER THIS.

It's still alive?
#108 Posted: 01:35:12 30/12/2011
Yup. smilie And i aim to keep it that way.
#109 Posted: 01:41:21 30/12/2011
'Kay. I'll work on it nao.
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
#110 Posted: 12:47:08 30/12/2011
I have an excuse!!!!

I was sort of banned from the computer so I'm aiming to have the video up tomorrow
(I don't think I'll do Scratch cause my voice does not suit him smilie )
---
Why am I back
#111 Posted: 13:16:47 30/12/2011
That's ok, just try and get it up as soon as you can. smilie
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
#112 Posted: 13:44:02 30/12/2011
Ok

Is the Elemental Dragon the voice that says Expose your heart and summon ghost then face alone what you fear most
if so HELL YEAH!
if not what lines should I say?
---
Why am I back
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:09 30/12/2011 by Cynder134
Jasher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1177
#113 Posted: 16:03:24 30/12/2011
An addon is available for blender that allows one to export scenes from Blender to CryEngine 3.

I highly recommend that your team looks into using CryEngine 3 to render your scenes instead of blenders internal render engine.

I believe you can get CryEngine 3 for free.

http://www.blendernation.com/2...lenderNation%29

CryEngine 3 should be able to handle large scenes without going really slow like blender.

This is just a recommendation.
#114 Posted: 17:08:02 30/12/2011
Thanks for the tip. When it comes time to actually render stuff, we'll look into it.
Jak_o_Shadows Red Sparx Gems: 89
#115 Posted: 05:06:10 02/01/2012
As soon as you've got any concept art for scenery/buildings, let me know. I'll have a go at modelling some of it.
#116 Posted: 16:13:09 02/01/2012
Well keep you posted.
#117 Posted: 11:42:17 03/01/2012
I've got Photoshop now, I'll try some concept art once I get home. (Currently I'm on holidays)
---
#118 Posted: 14:11:45 03/01/2012
Good to know.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#119 Posted: 04:25:34 04/01/2012
I've posted on the other topic before, stating I knew a really good artist, but she hasn't replied to my message(Cynder&SpyroFan if not the other way around.) She has done the Spyro comics, her artwork is phenomenal to me. I recommended her, but u can't contact her. She is on DA, if anyone else is, try to get her to help with sketches and background, maybe even some scenes. If you don't think you need another artist, just look up her work.

Ps: I would help myself, but all I've got is my phone and a school computer that is only useful at school. I'll try to help if you need any.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
brektzar Green Sparx Gems: 111
#120 Posted: 04:31:12 04/01/2012
Ok, ive been busy,Skijarama ORDERED ME(!) to do Cynder in an adult form, i got a hold of game models, which have CHAOTIC topology and overall distribution of the vertices, and i thought id do some retopo on that.. That didnt quite work the way i wanted, so i took out the super bad parts of the mesh and made my own(this is still undergoing development, this is by no means done!) and saved som that i redid the topology on. The old one has had the most work done, the younger ones are not as lucky, theyve recieved a tiny bit of work but nothing close to what i put into the big one.

So these models will need some extra touching up. I did lots of retopo on the older Cynder, minimal on the smaller ones. Old cynder lacks some claws and some spikes and better spikes for the tail and horns for the head, i have no time atm to do this, so it would be great if anyone here can take it and fix it, i would prefer it if Jasher did it, hes the one texturing them and i think hes the one with the most exoerience in Blender.

As i said, theres a lack of pretty significant detail in the models, but right now im short on time, when i have the time ill see what else i can do, i was thinking about a poster/cover for the movie.
I kinda see the poster to be Spyro standing on a cliff with Cynder watching down on a town. I can try my hand at that when i have the time and post updates here or on the main website. But ill need Jashers updated and textured models for that.

And lastly, a message to Jasher:
If you feel like it i would appreciate it if you could take it upon you to finish the retopology i started on these models, spikes , fangs and horns need to be fixed and it needs to be prepared for animation.
If you can not do this ill do it myself when i have the time, but that could take a while. And the texturing part i can not do properly, but you did a good job on unwrapping Spyro so ill leave that to you aswell if you want to smilie

And the file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/107070...te/Cynder.blend
---
//Jimmy
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:32:17 04/01/2012 by brektzar
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#121 Posted: 09:40:03 04/01/2012
Quote: SpyroD
I've posted on the other topic before, stating I knew a really good artist, but she hasn't replied to my message(Cynder&SpyroFan if not the other way around.) She has done the Spyro comics, her artwork is phenomenal to me. I recommended her, but u can't contact her. She is on DA, if anyone else is, try to get her to help with sketches and background, maybe even some scenes. If you don't think you need another artist, just look up her work.

Ps: I would help myself, but all I've got is my phone and a school computer that is only useful at school. I'll try to help if you need any.

CASF is taking a break from the internet. she was getting quite tired of the fans pestering her and she felt that she'd gotten too caught up in the fandom. you probably won't hear from her for awhile :/
#122 Posted: 16:44:49 04/01/2012
This will take a bit longer than the last one.

I am also busier than before but I will make some time for this every week.

I'll do them all in order together.
#123 Posted: 17:00:55 04/01/2012
Thanks Jasher! Appreciate the help smilie
---
//Jimmy
#124 Posted: 20:59:40 04/01/2012
Nice work Brektzar. Again, thank you very much for your continued help.
#125 Posted: 05:51:44 05/01/2012
Great job Brektzar!

SJ, do you want me to see if arceustheprime is still in this project? She was doing Advertising, but I'm not sure if she's really working on anything.
---
#126 Posted: 14:58:13 05/01/2012
Go ahead and check.
#127 Posted: 01:04:05 06/01/2012
'Kay, I'll check with her now.

EDIT: She's still in. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:18 06/01/2012 by Angel220200
#128 Posted: 01:59:49 06/01/2012
Good to know.
#129 Posted: 02:35:59 06/01/2012
Quote: Skijarama
Good to know.

Quote: Skijarama
Good to know.

I'm getting a feeling of Deja-Vu.. smilie
---
#130 Posted: 02:45:27 06/01/2012
lol. I just like to keep my statement short and to-the-point. :B
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#131 Posted: 05:43:29 06/01/2012
Just because I don't post for 1 and a half pages doesnt mean I'm out.
#132 Posted: 12:38:15 06/01/2012
Sorry Master.. It seemed like ages. (I've got a short memory smilie)
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#133 Posted: 14:25:35 06/01/2012
Quote: Jasher
An addon is available for blender that allows one to export scenes from Blender to CryEngine 3.

I highly recommend that your team looks into using CryEngine 3 to render your scenes instead of blenders internal render engine.

CryEngine 3 should be able to handle large scenes without going really slow like blender.

The CryEngine is awesome for a game but if you want to put together a quality movie, don't use this. You can't render all the channels of the textures with that as far as I know.

For low rendering time, I suggest you to render per pass and do the compositing in like Adobe After Effect. You'll gain time, since you don't have a rendering farm.

Spyro still needs work on his textures and on his rigging for what I see. Good luck, it's a big project.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:18 06/01/2012 by Reimu
#134 Posted: 18:41:31 06/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
Quote: Jasher

The CryEngine is awesome for a game but if you want to put together a quality movie, don't use this. You can't render all the channels of the textures with that as far as I know.

For low rendering time, I suggest you to render per pass and do the compositing in like Adobe After Effect. You'll gain time, since you don't have a rendering farm.

Spyro still needs work on his textures and on his rigging for what I see. Good luck, it's a big project.

Well I stand corrected then. smilie
#135 Posted: 20:47:20 06/01/2012
I think we should look into that before we make a final derision.
#136 Posted: 06:48:33 09/01/2012
Im using Dropbox to upload my files, its easy to use and very good. You can sync files with other people aswell, basically you choose a folder to sync and everything in it will be synced with the rest of the group, this makes for easy updates and such.

So i suggest you creat a dropbox for Frixion and then all of us creates an account aswell. However let the main account, frixion, invite us all! That way there will be more room on the main account.
This might just be a temporary solution though, the bandwith and disk space is limited for free users.
---
//Jimmy
#137 Posted: 01:54:06 10/01/2012
Btw, I can't work on anything at the moment since my Computers Internet is down.
#138 Posted: 02:29:35 10/01/2012
Same with me, except my whole laptop died. Now I'm just using my mum's.
---
#139 Posted: 02:47:36 10/01/2012
I'm using my iPod. It probably would of been fixed already if my Das wasn't in Indonesia....
I might call the Service Provider to see if they can help.
#140 Posted: 09:52:18 10/01/2012
Good idea. If that doesn't work, I guess you could search it up on the internet..
---
Jak_o_Shadows Red Sparx Gems: 89
#141 Posted: 11:41:16 10/01/2012
Blender has easily got the ability to render the whole thing. While i'm not sure about the ability to use the new render engine, cycles, with the full set of compositing features, by the time we are to the rendering stage it will have. At the moment, the major priorities should be completing the script, then concept art, than modeling. Then animation should be done using low-poly models, which allows for quick render times.
I don't see the need for adobe after effects. For an example of a project done well, see the recent sintel/durian project done by the blender foundation. http://www.sintel.org/page/30/
#142 Posted: 14:17:44 10/01/2012
Ive been using sintel as my example for a while now. Either way, if you think that it will be ready for that by the time were ready to render, then lets go right ahead with it. Of course, we need to do some test renders to figure some stuff out first. like, optimizing blender for our renders, and figuring out how long say, a fight scene would last if it were 3 minutes, in say. tall plains.
#143 Posted: 19:17:38 10/01/2012
A few reasons why cycles shouldnt be used for this is:

Does not support SSS(sub surface scattering) which makes skin look like skin and other organic things where light shines through a tiny bit. You can fake it in cycles using a copies of your mesh and playing with nodes, but this is not ideal, in fact it takes more time than changing a few sliders in blender internal.

Its faster and easier to set up procedural textures in internal, no need for nodes when doing a simple texture, in cycles every texture and every material, even lights are heavily based on nodes, so a really good understanding of nodes is needed for this(knowledge conserning GIMP or PS is of great help since nodes is quite similar to those in terms of functionality)

The only reason i would use Cycles for something like this is because its fast, and its physically accurate.

I vote for blender internal using a render farm. there is a free one(as long as you commit your own computer to do rendering for other people) around 5k computers hooked up to it i think from all over the world. This would make it easier and faster to render the scenes when theyre done.

I do agree with Jak_o_Shadows that using low poly models to animate would be best, thats why i didnt make the models super high poly, but enough so every moving part is movable, which can then also be subsurfed and sculped upon to make final details when the rigging and animation is done.

And i also agree with him on the after effects comment, why would we need it? Blender is free, and Blenders compositor can do so much, and for those who dont know, they are working on a new open movie project, this time it will be heavily based on VFX. That means that the VFX parts in Blender will get major updates and new stuff will be added. So be patient and in time blender will be able to do what we need.

Fire and smoke etc is allready easy to do in Blender internal, and dragons do like their fire smilie

Sorry for the long post, didnt mean to anger anyone but this is my take on things smilie
---
//Jimmy
#144 Posted: 20:32:38 10/01/2012
Ill just let you guys talk this particular one out, as i've got very little knowledge on that front. smilie
#145 Posted: 21:19:24 10/01/2012
Quote: Jak_o_Shadows
Blender has easily got the ability to render the whole thing. While i'm not sure about the ability to use the new render engine, cycles, with the full set of compositing features, by the time we are to the rendering stage it will have. At the moment, the major priorities should be completing the script, then concept art, than modeling. Then animation should be done using low-poly models, which allows for quick render times.
I don't see the need for adobe after effects. For an example of a project done well, see the recent sintel/durian project done by the blender foundation. http://www.sintel.org/page/30/

To lower rendering time. Rendering a motion blur is really long in a 3D software, while you can do it in a few seconds in adobe after effects or any compositing program.
#146 Posted: 03:51:20 11/01/2012
Is adobe after effects free now? Cause, correct me if i'm wrong, last time i checked, it cost allot.
#147 Posted: 05:11:00 11/01/2012
AE is expensive, i mean REALLY expensive, its basically only worth it if you have a student license or you own a company that can buy it for you smilie

Plus, motion blur is not that slow in 3D packages anymore, and if we use a render farm it wont matter, it will be done quicker anyway. And if you have to re-render a scene, you would have to re-apply the blur in AE everytime whilst in Blender it renders with the rest of the scene.

After effects has lots of features Blender doesnt, but the effects(particles etc, and now even good motion tracking) can be done in blender, most of them at least, with alittle tweaking anything is possible. And i do believe its easier to keep things, as much as possible, in the same program to eliminate any incompatibilities.

Oh, btw, if youre gonna use Dropbox, heres my refferal link smilie
http://db.tt/AixnKGds

Ill get a little extra space if you use that when you creat your own smilie
---
//Jimmy
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:13:23 11/01/2012 by brektzar
#148 Posted: 12:20:33 11/01/2012
You don't have incompatibilities between pictures you know. You can render your scene in layers and adjust the colors, the shadows and everything in a compositing program (no need to be adobe after effect).

Plus, for the motion blur, it does add more rendering time, sometimes more than the double. It's less time consuming to add the motion blur in the compositing program than rendering it back again in Blender.

Anyway, it was just an advice, I don't know how many computers you have and how powerful they are, but 2 years ago it took me 4-5 hours to render a 1 minute 30 second (approximatively) scene with 7 computers iirc, just because there was water in it. So be sure that your scene is really optimized and well done.
#149 Posted: 18:59:28 11/01/2012
Reimu, ok, my bad, my experience with AE is not that straight forward, but i should say ive only played around with a student copy maybe 10 hours all together. Im just saying what i experienced.

If we were to use a render farm, like http://www.renderfarm.fi there are 5k plus computers, so the complexity of the scen wont matter as it will render fast and not on our computers, which allows us to work on other scenes at the same time.

4-5 hours is not that bad, ive done renders of still images taking way more time than that. Its up to how much time you can commit and how much time away from the computer you can last smilie

I didnt mean to offend you in any way, keep the suggestions coming, im sure SJ will consider them all and read up on all of it to help us further the progress, and it starts with suggestions smilie

Do you know of any GOOD free preferably open source compositors? I have heard about Jahshaka and Veejay, never used them though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jahshakafx
http://www.veejayhq.net/
---
//Jimmy
First | Previous | Page 3 of 20 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me