Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 33 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1601 Posted: 19:02:34 30/06/2013
Quote: Matteomax
I can confirm that was indeed Kappa.

How so? Were you the one that Gnorc'd him?
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1602 Posted: 20:24:25 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Was he just trying to have some fun, then? I mean, I thought it was a bit funny, honestly. He really put some thought into his prank, lol.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#1603 Posted: 20:36:12 30/06/2013
ok... how many did you spent for this... It's not a room anymore... it's a shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1604 Posted: 21:22:39 30/06/2013
So---are there consequences for making fake--multiple accts and trying to start problems--joke or no joke? Just curious what happens in cases like this
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#1605 Posted: 21:50:53 30/06/2013
Quote: shelly9871
So---are there consequences for making fake--multiple accts and trying to start problems--joke or no joke? Just curious what happens in cases like this

No joke. It's frowned upon on the forums.

You can find this and a list of more rules at this link: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/rules/

Hope this helps smilie
---
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#1606 Posted: 16:13:03 14/07/2013
hey gamemaster, are you planning on getting any of the japanese skylanders
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#1607 Posted: 16:48:32 14/07/2013
Great question---if there is a way to get them--we are going to get them. But I don't want to start unless we can "finish." So---there has to be reliable/affordable way to get them. If anybody will figure it out---it'll be Gamemaster78----
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1608 Posted: 17:08:56 14/07/2013
Well, with the Purple variants, looks like it's an Encore.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1609 Posted: 17:20:38 14/07/2013
What do you mean matteomax?
---
#1610 Posted: 17:28:27 14/07/2013

That everyone thought he was done.
It's basically like an encore; He'll be back.
---
#1611 Posted: 17:40:29 14/07/2013
Oops--sorry--a little slow on the uptake--I'm doing to much at once--lol.
---
#1612 Posted: 21:57:45 14/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Landerfan2012
hey gamemaster, are you planning on getting any of the japanese skylanders

I wouldn't mind getting ahold of a Darklight Crypt pack, if they indeed play in English, so I can get my youngest daughter the Adventure Packs, which I swore I wouldn't buy her, if I couldn't find all 4.

Quote: Matteomax

That everyone thought he was done.
It's basically like an encore; He'll be back.

Well, depends on how many purples there are, and if they finally start showing up on Ebay. However, I would make sure to get them before the Giantkicks come in, so I can still fit it all in the "The End."
---
#1613 Posted: 23:15:25 14/07/2013
There is one on eBay now $429
---
#1614 Posted: 23:22:35 14/07/2013
Pretty sure he wouldn't buy it.. I know no one who would.
---
#1615 Posted: 23:37:16 14/07/2013
It's SO So much money. Id certainly spend that and more on Skylanders but not on one single figure. Unless it was one of the original toy fair three.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1616 Posted: 20:27:34 17/07/2013
poor RolandRogers he got ripto'ed...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1617 Posted: 20:29:13 17/07/2013
^That was you on another account, Kappa. Most of us know that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1618 Posted: 20:32:17 17/07/2013
nope... it wasn't me...
#1619 Posted: 20:36:28 17/07/2013
Deny all you want, we know the truth. But just don't do something like that again, you know, to avoid anymore trouble. :3

It's SO So much money. Id certainly spend that and more on Skylanders but not on one single figure. Unless it was one of the original toy fair three.

I remember the time I ordered a S1 Cynder from ebay when she was first going to be released, a reasonable price too.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:33 17/07/2013 by Aura24
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#1620 Posted: 20:40:15 17/07/2013
Welcome back Kappa, everyone here miss you smilie
#1621 Posted: 20:41:08 17/07/2013
I've had many "reasonable" deals on eBay. Do I wish the prices were less and that we had a way to get them as collectors and for our kids--Yep--

Aura are you talking about the toy fair cynder? That's one that has eluded us. Hopefully in the future we will have an opportunity to buy one. smilie
---
#1622 Posted: 20:47:16 17/07/2013
No, I was talking about the normal S1 Cynder. I know those rare Toy Fair toys are extremely hard to get.
---
#1623 Posted: 20:53:51 17/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Honestly, had that Roland person really came here talking down collections that are minus variants, it wouldn't have bothered me.

In my eyes, those are just extras. Case in point, since it's such a hassle to get chase variants, I have decided to get rid of ALL variants regardless of if they register as Special or not.

I would rather focus my money on beefing up my collection with figures that are on the poster, or show up different ingame, while also buying other merchandise such as books, posters, Mega Bloks, etc.

Perhaps if they made chase variants easier to obtain, instead of make them so rare, they barely hit the shelf (which doesn't happen in this city at all), I could see myself being interested in chase variants. However, I hate seeing how much of a hassle it is, so in my eyes, it's just not worth it anymore.

The new violet variants do look cool, but not for the asking price. I now consider myself to be stupid for paying hundreds for figures that register as Special, and look different cosmetically. I just have to learn from my mistakes and never do any chase variant buying off of Ebay ever again. So, as of this moment, my variant days are over once I sell whatever Giant variants I own.

It's a shame, though, really. Had they been obscure, buy findable, it wouldn't be such a buzzkill. However, when you lack motivation, why motivate yourself towards a lost cause?

So, when I do the end, it truly is the end of something. The end of my Giants collection, as I save for my Swap Force collection, and the end of my chase variant collecting in full. Pics will be updated to reflect their absense.
---
#1624 Posted: 21:04:42 17/07/2013
i am looking forward to see your swap force collection when you start that one smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:12:41 17/07/2013 by kappapopm
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1625 Posted: 22:12:44 17/07/2013
just to be clear, this comment is not intended as trolling ...

@GameMaster69 basically you are going from obsessed "superfan" to someone who just has multiples of items that are easily available to anyone. you are selling your giants chase variants which include several that someone at toys for bob sent you free (that person must really be doing a happy dance at hearing this)

... seems like you have just thrown your toys out of the pram so many times and can see that others with harder to achieve collections are not achievable to you, and to use your own words, "you lack motivation, why motivate yourself towards a lost cause."
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#1626 Posted: 22:33:44 17/07/2013
Looking at this huge collection makes my 55 skylanders look like a grain of sand on a beach * cuddles with my 55 skylanders*
---
henlo
#1627 Posted: 22:51:40 17/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, Tig, it's not "intended" to be trolling, but it's more condescending. You don't know me, so your theories are just that.

I still consider myself a "superfan." Again, I don't know anyone else in the world who will be displaying all 256 combinations of Swap Force figures. I don't know anyone else who decided that since one cannot experience both upgrades, they will buy 2 of each to experience both upgrades. That has since stopped with Series 2 figures, but each game will feature figures that can't swap paths.

I will say this, though, not one single person here needs variants to be a "superfan." I think superfan comes from being over obsessed with Skylanders, and I have yet to see someone as over obsessed as me. It's kind of sad to say, really, but it's true.

However, pop quiz, did you know I was dubbed the "Skylanders Superfan" before I even had my first variant (silver Dino-Rang), so apparently, the fine folks at TFB didn't even think I needed them to be dubbed that (still truly an honor).

And I bet the guy who gave me the Employee Break, who you say is doing a happy dance, would be happy to know that the sale of the figure he gave me, went to helping kids affected by the May 20th tornado here in Oklahoma City. Yes... 24 people died that day, 10 of them were children. The children that survived, that lived in Moore, lost their toys.

I chose not to think about myself, and sold the figure to help buy toys (along with giving some sealed toys I had in my garage) for girls affected by the tornado (boys got the sealed toys I had in my garage). So, in my friend at Activision being nice, I paid it forward, by giving up a piece of my collection, to help a fellow human beings.

It really shouldn't matter to you - unless you're chapped about something and it eats at you - what I do with my collection. My collection still rocks awesome in my books, and my collection will be unique when compared to other collections, variants or not. Where I may lack variants, the ultimate Skylanders shrine I build one day will reflect other unique attributes that others didn't do with their collections.

I do always find it funny though, how you want the moniker given to me by others, to not ring true. You treat it like a first-world problem, in my opinion, because the only time you ring in, is when you see me getting rid of pieces of my collection for whatever reason. Funny thing is, every assumption you've had about me, has been dead wrong.

Children in need > variants anyday.

I don't think the employee at Acti would be sad at all - he's a parent so he could probably relate - that his gift from his job, eventually went to helping children who were forced to find whatever means to survive that day, that they could. Some lost their friends, their parents, their home, their school, or their favorite toys. Yeah, he wouldn't be mad at all.

http://www.weather.com/news/to...ornado-20130522

That's on top of the 200 I spent on groceries to help all families affected. I am very proud of what I did.

So, yes, I still consider myself to be a superfan. To me, a superfan doesn't own every piece of merch said property provides, because sometimes it's impossible to get it all. Can you find a Spyro's Adventure Slap Bracelet? Sometimes, being a superfan could mean it's the only game you play, despite having beat each game two days after it came out, 100%, across every console version, while leveling up and doing over 4000 Heroics for 198 Skylanders (2 of each).

It has never been - in my eyes - "oh, you own the variants, your collection can't be matched," my take on it has always been, "oh, you went overboard with the brand, you're like some kind of superfan." When all is said and done, I will have built a room in the future house I have built, just for Skylanders, while building a separate game room, theatre, man cave, and whatever room I choose to build inside the huge house I have built one day. Know anyone else having a house built, and telling the designer, "hey, I want a room, and I want it to look like this, because that's what my Skylanders collection needs?" Who knows. There could be. I am one of those people, though. Know anyone else buying 17 copies of Swap Force and every Swaplander to display all 256? Who knows. I know I am. Know anyone with 8 copies of the first game, and 12 copies of the second game? How about 4-5 of each figure?

You place too much importance on the variants. Maybe it's because you know you own them, so you want them to feel important. Anytime my friends came over, any of them who actually acknowledged their existence, said they were downright ugly and made my walls look less colorful (due to the awesome art by I-Wei), with their milky off-white, gold, and silver finishes.

I may very well own them again in time, who knows. I am leaning towards not, but it depends on how much money I can just toss around wherever, thanks to my career of choice. However, at this time, they don't do anything to make my collection look better than what it is. They're just expensive versions of the same toys I already have hanging on my wall. It's how you know that while being the superfan, you're still in control. I won't let the variants control me, as I spend stupid amounts of money or bend over backwards to get them, but rather, I control my collection, while still having an astounding collection, even though I lack variants.
---
#1628 Posted: 22:59:19 17/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Will171717
Looking at this huge collection makes my 55 skylanders look like a grain of sand on a beach * cuddles with my 55 skylanders*

Well, it's like I told Tig, and have said all along, it's not the size of the collection, it's having a collection period. A lot of us gave Skylanders a chance, while others trashed it as being nothing more than a kiddie game.

I have stated that 1 or 1 million, everyone has an awesome Skylanders collection.

You just have to excuse those who own variants and basically do their version of bragging about it. Some take owning the variants as they have a better collection. One even tried to throw out that stupid line a while back of "quality over quantity." More people noticed - when I had all variants - my quantity, never the quality. Honestly, I think with Skylanders, quantity and quality go hand in hand. I've seen some excellent collections, and those collections didn't feature a single chase variant.

However, those people - and I feel I do myself - present our collections in a way that make people not see what's missing, but see what's there to begin with.

So, 55 Skylanders is better than NO Skylanders. You don't need variants - remember that - to have an awesome collection. That 55 should speak for itself. You gave the game a chance, while others played it safe, by falling in line to their Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Halo, Mario, and Zelda games.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#1629 Posted: 23:03:14 17/07/2013
Quote: t7gga
just to be clear, this comment is not intended as trolling ...

@GameMaster69 basically you are going from obsessed "superfan" to someone who just has multiples of items that are easily available to anyone. you are selling your giants chase variants which include several that someone at toys for bob sent you free (that person must really be doing a happy dance at hearing this)

... seems like you have just thrown your toys out of the pram so many times and can see that others with harder to achieve collections are not achievable to you, and to use your own words, "you lack motivation, why motivate yourself towards a lost cause."

t7gga about took the words from my mouth. And, just like he, I do not intend this as trolling, but a real criticism.

GameMaster, I see you constantly contradicting yourself. You're always discouraging other users as "talking down" other collections. Suggesting that other fans aren't equally as interested in the franchise as you. However you constantly show off your own collection and insist you are THE fan to beat. You are the fan to end all fans. I still remember the fit of rage you had when FGTV got Arbo and you didn't. How about the rant you had when FGTV recognized that gentlemen with the tattoo (whose name sadly escapes me)and you had a small fit about how you have duplicates of every figure.

Lets be honest: Most fans have all the same, unique pieces you do if you don't count the variants, which you yourself are liquidating.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#1630 Posted: 23:10:46 17/07/2013 | Topic Creator
If you can back any of that talk with proof I got mad over Andy getting Arbo (infact I remember saying that was cool he did, but I didn't feel he was a real Skylanders fan like "WE" all are), or raging about the Roland guy, or insisting I have a better collection than others, when I have said numerous times 1 or a lot, we all have good collections, then I will gladly look it over.

That kind of talk reminds me of the media types. They take things and turn it into drama, or misconstrue and possibly don't know any better.

Funny thing is, people on the net pretend to know other people, when we're all behind keyboards. So, what you see as one being mad, may just be your assumption. Doesn't make it right. Opinions are always subjective. smilie
---
#1631 Posted: 00:12:45 18/07/2013
I specifically remember reading your responses to the "fake" poster and I felt you were gracious throughout.
Also, with the posts I have read when people comment about your collection and their collections, you respond humbly.
That's just what I've gotten from what I read.
---
#1632 Posted: 01:55:24 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I specifically remember reading your responses to the "fake" poster and I felt you were gracious throughout.
Also, with the posts I have read when people comment about your collection and their collections, you respond humbly.
That's just what I've gotten from what I read.

Yeah, there will always be critics, though. I happen to know exactly which people here respond to posts with mostly negative behavior. Like I said in another post, the negative stuff is dust in the wind.

Even though I replied to Tig with a essay, that's because ever since I started writing screenplays, I started getting really descriptive. I didn't do it because I owe him an explanation, because I don't. I know who's cool around this forum, and who is always around to start trouble in their own way, whether they think they're doing it or not.

No one on this forum, or the entire internet, owes anyone an explanation. We all have our reasons for doing what we do. That's all of our rights. That's what makes us human. I guess I can even say that about the critics here. It's their opinion. I can't take it from them. I can only tell them if they're wrong or not.

Case in point, Tig mentioned me selling my Employee Break, which I sold around a month ago. He only sees that I sold it, not why. He didn't stop to think, "was it for a good cause?" He just jumped the gun. Not the first time... in my opinion. He's always been one of my critics. It's alright, though, I still love the dude. People fear what they don't understand.

And I will stand by my statements forever. ANYONE who has Skylanders, has a good collection. We all owe it to ourselves to give ourselves a pat on the back, for giving this franchise a chance, while others threw it under a bus for tailoring to kids. It's quite ironic, if you ask me. This game happens to be more fun than 95% of the M-rated games out there. Heck, not even established brands like Final Fantasy knows what it wants to be anymore. One minute it's an RPG that demands respect, while the next minute, it's a hallway RPG with no towns.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1633 Posted: 21:57:51 18/07/2013
Quote: Will171717

That's the same amount I have. smilie
Varianator Green Sparx Gems: 329
#1634 Posted: 22:43:08 18/07/2013
I think I have a good collection,but compared to his,my collection is sooooooooooo puny.
---
It's a shame that I have never met a person face to face who knows what a chase variant is.
#1635 Posted: 22:51:05 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I personally think ALL Skylanders collections are awesome. I like seeing how everyone displays theres. I never look at any collection and say, "ok, good collection, because he has the variants." NOPE! In my eyes the way people display their collection tells me a lot about how much they put into it... if they can decorate that is.

No matter what, though, everyone has good collections, because we all invested our time (and for some us our own money) into this brand.

So, if you think you have a good collection, that's all that matters. I think we all have excellent collections.
---
skitskat Green Sparx Gems: 228
#1636 Posted: 22:53:37 18/07/2013
I can't believe this thread is still open...the whole thing, just sad, very sad.
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#1637 Posted: 23:36:12 18/07/2013
Quote: skitskat
I can't believe this thread is still open...the whole thing, just sad, very sad.

Please don't make unnecessary comments. No one told you you had to post here. People enjoy admiring GM's collection, and he has the same rights to post as you do.
#1638 Posted: 23:45:06 18/07/2013
I respect your comment Tempest.
---
#1639 Posted: 00:42:12 19/07/2013
Hey GameMaster, Nitro Magna Charge has been announced! That's 33 more Swap Force Skylanders you have to buy smilie
---
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#1640 Posted: 00:47:25 19/07/2013
I respect your comment Tempest.

Thank you Shelly.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#1641 Posted: 02:59:03 19/07/2013
Woooow now thats awesome.Were did you get the whole money for that and do you collect some other stuf?
---
i am trash
#1642 Posted: 05:14:36 19/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skybagel
Hey GameMaster, Nitro Magna Charge has been announced! That's 33 more Swap Force Skylanders you have to buy smilie

Nitro Magna Charge?
---
#1643 Posted: 16:08:22 19/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Skybagel

Nitro Magna Charge?

Here:

Quote: Aura24
MAJOR FIND ALERT!

On some websites, they revealed some of the new Skylanders, their names, and some of the new S2 and S3 Skylanders for Swap Force: https://www.coolshop.co.uk/toys/figures/term=swapforce/ and on the search results of Swap Force on Kalahari.com

This is also posted on the news topic.

S2 Skylanders
S2 Chill - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...swapforce-chill
S2 Sprocket - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...pforce-sprocket
S2 Pop Fizz - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...pforce-pop-fizz

S3 Skylanders -
Spyro - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...swapforce-spyro
Chop Chop - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...force-chop-chop
Gill Grunt - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...orce-gill-grunt
Terrafin - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...pforce-terrafin

Swap Force normal Skylanders
Slobber Tooth - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...e-slobber-tooth
Zoo Lou - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...apforce-zoo-lou
Scorp - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...swapforce-scorp
Bumble Blast (bee-like Zook thing) - http://www.kalahari.com/games/...2/47558569.aspx

Swap Force Skylanders -
Boom Jet - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...e-boom-jet-swap

LightCores -
Warnado - http://www.kalahari.com/games/...2/47554103.aspx
Smolderdash- http://www.kalahari.com/games/...2/47554104.aspx
Flashwing - http://www.kalahari.com/games/...2/47554101.aspx

Triple Packs
Slobber Tooth, S3 Eruptor, S2 Pop Fizz - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...r_pop_fizz_toys
Star Strike, S3 Gill Grunt, S3 Trigger Happy - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...t-trigger-happy
Zoo Lou, S3 Spyro, S2 Chill - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...lou-spyro-chill

Battle Packs -
Bumble Blast, Terrafin, Cauldron - https://www.coolshop.co.uk/cat...rrafin-cauldron

Adventure Packs -
Gasteroid, Tower, Diamonds & Hammer - http://www.kalahari.com/games/...2/47558570.aspx

Alter Ego Skylanders
Here, GameMaster ----> Nitro Magna Charge - http://www.kalahari.com/games/...2/47557706.aspx
---
#1644 Posted: 17:42:46 19/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Interesting.

Don't know if I will display 16 of him, because my main goal is to display the normal 256 combinations. I will at least buy 4 of each Skylander that is normal, Lightcore, ingame variant, and Legendary.
---
#1645 Posted: 17:45:19 19/07/2013
When I click on some links above such as triple packs--it takes me there but says no image--does that happen to everybody?
---
#1646 Posted: 18:07:53 19/07/2013 | Topic Creator
They took down the images (which I saved to my hard drive last night before they did), probably due to so much unreleased info being leaked.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1647 Posted: 18:39:26 19/07/2013
I've got to say, it's a fine mix of admirable and crazy that you're preparing to spend $3840 (plus tax) on a full Swap Force display. You really are insane for Skylanders, but on the other hand, I don't see anyone else preparing to do this.
#1648 Posted: 18:49:56 19/07/2013
Gamemaster--can you send them to me?
---
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#1649 Posted: 22:09:05 19/07/2013
I've completed my DAY 1 schedule

6:00 wake up
9:00 go to GameStop and buy new and swaps
9:30 travel to my cluster of stores Target, Toys r us, Best buy and buy store exclusives and new swaps and cores that I did not find
11:00 play swap force for the rest of the day
ALL AM
---
henlo
#1650 Posted: 02:55:46 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Sounds good, Will. Similar to how my day will go. Can't wait til the game releases.
---
First | Previous | Page 33 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me