Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 5 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Raven Meets Her Match [CLOSED]
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#201 Posted: 19:00:45 09/11/2011
I think... I'd shoot myself if I were there... *twitches*
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#202 Posted: 19:05:20 09/11/2011 | Topic Creator
hehe, well, i wouldn't. i'd actually enjoy it. i'm a little old-fashioned, like my parents.

Chapter 74: Dinner Conversation

Shaggy came back over to the table with two menus, and handed them to the Titans.

"now, we don't have a whole lot, but we've got some pretty cool stuff. mainly sandwhiches, soups, salads, pastries, dessert, that sort of thing. everything we got is either vegetarian or organic. like all our food is fresh and no animal was treated poorly before it was prepared. we've also got tofu. plus, we've got all kinds of drinks; coffee, tea, smoothies, all kinds of stuff." he explained. Raven and Beast Boy looked over the menu. each one found a few things that caught thier eye, and the fact that they were hungry only made everything more appetizing. Beast Boy ordered soda and some tofu. Raven ordered a cup of herbal tea and a grilled chicken sandwhich. Shaggy took thier orders and then walked off. a few moments passed as the two sat in silence.

"wow, this place is really vegetarian friendly. i can't believe they have tofu." the changeling grinned.

"yeah, imagine that. they even have organic food, so i don't have to eat fake meat." she replied. then Beast Boy noticed the chess set neatly arranged off to the side.

"hey, you like chess, right?" he asked.

"well, i do know how to play." Raven replied simply.

"wanna play?" he offered. she blinked.

"you? know how to play chess?" she asked in disbelief.

"well, uh, not really. but i thought you could teach me." Beast Boy smiled. Raven sighed, thinking. she was tempted to play, even if she would have to teach him. however, there was a reason she had planned out the whole day. she had to talk to him.

i guess this would be a good time. it wasn't exactly what i had in mind, but it'll do. i just need to tell him. it doesn't really matter where or how, he just needs to know. i guess now is as good a time as any. at least we won't be interrupted. she thought.

"listen, Beast Boy, i've been trying to tell you something, and--"

"alright, dinner is served, man." Shaggy smiled as he walked over with the food. Raven sighed, adverting her eyes for a moment.

correction, as long as i try to talk to him, we'll be interrupted. this is getting ridiculous. will i ever get to tell him without someone or something having to interrupt us? what do i have to do, drag him off to the middle of nowhere just so we can talk? there has to be something i can do that won't get interrupted. but what.....? she thought.

Beast Boy had already started eating his food. Raven sighed and started to eat her dinner. it was very good, but she couldn't get her mind off of how to tell Beast Boy how she felt without interruptions.

poor Raven. i know i'm not an empath, but i can just sense her frustration. must be hard to get interrupted every time you try to talk to someone. i know i would have been ticked by now. i guess she is, but she hides it well. that's one of the good things about her. she's always so calm and mature. i mean, she, like, never panics in a crisis. i don't think i've ever seen her panic. i wonder if she even knows how to panic. i guess that's not important. i wonder what she's been trying to tell me. she's probally been interrupted like twenty times now. i guess its important if she keeps trying. otherwise, she might just give up. i wonder what it is though. i mean, what would she have to tell me? the world isn't ending again, is it? i mean, she is being nicer, we had a good time today, like she was trying to make it a good day, and--oh, gosh, the world's ending again, isn't it? its something bad, its gotta be. why else would she be so nice? i mean, she's cool and all, but we're usually fighting. i mean, she doesn't just ask me out and spend time with me for nothing. i wonder how bad it is. and why isn't she doing anything with the others? do they know already? why would she tell them and not me? what is up with her? what's going on here? i hope she tells me soon. i'd really like to know. the curiosity is just gonna kill me. the changeling thought.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#203 Posted: 19:07:40 09/11/2011
Poor Raven... smilie
#204 Posted: 19:16:53 09/11/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, she's having bad luck with talking to BB...

Chapter 75: How To Tell Him

soon dinner was finished and the Titans were just sitting quietly.

"Raven, can i ask you something?" Beast Boy asked.

"uh, sure." she replied. she wondered what this was about.

"what's going on? i mean, you've been really nice lately, and today was great and all, but..... enough fooling around..... what's up...? is the world ending again or something....?" he muttered, not sure how she would take that. Raven blinked, thinking about this a moment.

oh, no...... does he think i'm just being nice because the world might end.....? am i really that rude to him so that he would have to ask......? i mean, i know i insult him sometimes and make fun of him occasionally, but..... i didn't think i was that bad..... he never seemed phased by it..... he never seemed to care...... he just always bounced back like it was nothing...... or maybe he's just used to the fighting....... i guess this is a little too nice for it to seem normal...... but i didn't really think he would notice...... i mean, we're friends, can't i just do something nice for him.....? i mean, its not like i never have before, right.....? well, i have to tell him something..... i can't just leave him in the dark forever...... but how would he react to the truth.....? i mean, he thinks the world's ending just because we spent the day together...... what should i do......? she thought.

"the world isn't ending, Beast Boy." she said. "its nothing bad at all, really. can't i just do something nice without it seeming wierd or diffrent?" she asked him.

"Raven, its not that, i just--you've been acting a little diffrent, then there's something you're not telling me, and i just--i guess i just assumed that it might be something bad..."

"well, its not."

"then what's going on, Rae? what arn't you telling me?" he asked. she sighed. Raven sat quietly, thinking for a moment. then she glanced at the stage.

wait, didn't the owner say that you could sing kareoke? he also mentioned poems. this just might work. maybe this would be a good oppotunity. she thought.

"Raven, hello? why won't you tell me what's going on?" he asked, growing impatient. Raven glanced at him.

"i'm about to tell you, but i'm doing it my way." she stated. then she got up and headed towards the stage. Beast Boy blinked, completely confused. then he had a thought.

what's she doing? is she gonna sing? oh, gosh, is Raven gonna sing?! does she even know how to sing? has she ever sung before? what would she sing? what's this have to do with what she's going to tell me? is she seriously going to sing? i wonder what'd she sound like. would her voice still be in monotone? would she sound good? bad? man, i do not want to be the one to tell her she sings badly, if she does. he thought.

then Raven stepped up onto the stage and approached the microphone. her hood was up now. the few people that were in the cafe turned to face the dark girl, curious as to what she was going to do. Shaggy and the workers were also watching now. Raven took a deep breath as she looked out at the group of people, focusing her attention on Beast Boy.
---
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#205 Posted: 03:38:57 10/11/2011
Wait.......whaaa–? Raven singing? Unthinkable?
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#206 Posted: 03:42:41 10/11/2011 | Topic Creator
hehe, i know she doesn't sing, which is why she isn't going to. its just going to seem that way until you see what she actually is going.

Chapter 76: The Demon and the Beast

There are so many ways to describe myself,
That its hard to count them all.
Then there's the fact that I've started to fall
For a guy that resembles an elf.

I try to keep up my routine
As dull as it may seem.
I am content with my solitude,
Until he interupts, seemingly rude.

He tries to get me to join in on some sort of activity,
Although I rather remain in my room, in captivity.
He comes to tell me a new joke or two,
But the lack of actual comedy is nothing new.

Although I keep up my usual attitude
And seem to be rude,
There is something that I hide,
A secret that I keep inside.

Often at times I refuse to show
The feeling within that continues to grow.
But there are times when the feeling shines through,
And I can tell that he feels it too.

I am the dark girl, the ice queen,
And as impossible as it may seem,
I am able to feel,
And this feeling is real.

I am the demon, the mistress of magic.
There are parts of my history that are pretty tragic.
And as diffrent as he is from me,
He understands me, it is plain to see.

He is annoying, crazy, and stupid,
But somehow I've been hit by cupid.
He is a prankster and acts like a child,
But when I see him, my heart beats like wild.

I've acted like an ice queen from the start,
Yet he still melted my heart.
He's seen the worst of me,
Yet it is an angel that he sees.

A demon and a beast, could this really be true?
How is it possible that I have fallen for you?
We are opposites in every sense of the word.
The idea of a relationship is truly absurd.

But I do not wish to be alone.
With you, I am in my comfort zone.
Perhaps we can make it through,
As long as my demon side doesn't try to kill you.

everyone sat quietly and listened to the words. Raven had recited a poem she had written herself late one night when she couldn't sleep. she had written it on her laptop, saved it, and stored it in a file, never intending to share it with anyone. but now she saw it as an opportunity to say what was on her mind. this poem was very much unlike her usual style. normally, her poems were in an actual format, not free form, and were very dark and depressing. they were the kind of poems you would expect from someone like Raven. but this one was diffrent in more ways than one. she wasn't even sure if it was any good. it just seemed so unlike her. even standing up there, sharing the poem was diffrent. but she was willing to try just so she could get a message through to Beast Boy. after she was done speaking, everyone smiled and clapped. Beast Boy stood up, grinning wide, clapping and cheering, until Raven stepped off the stage. with her head low, now a little timid after her performance and the sudden attention, she headed back towards Beast Boy. she started to sit down, but he stopped her and had her look at him.
---
#207 Posted: 06:53:31 10/11/2011
Woah...nice poem. d'aww!
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#208 Posted: 08:49:20 10/11/2011 | Topic Creator
you really like the poem? i wrote it myself. X3 i thought of how Raven was going to tell how she felt, and at first, i was thinking of just having her tell him. but then i just had this idea for the poem one night, and i decided to write it. then i thought, why not use the poem in the story? so, i went with that, and just decided to say that she wrote it herself. for a moment, i thought of saying someone else wrote it, but then again, i wrote it with specifically them in mind. so that idea wouldn't work. so i just decided to go with the idea that Raven wrote it herself. so it kinda goes along with the songs i've been adding, but i didn't actually make her sing, so she's not out of character. plus, its a nice way to break the news to BB. seemed like a win-win to me. X3
---
#209 Posted: 01:11:22 11/11/2011
Yeah! It really works! Heheh, keep up the good work!
---
#210 Posted: 04:48:53 11/11/2011
Nice. smilie
I did not read the poem. smilie
#211 Posted: 15:31:09 11/11/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. X3 so, you're being lazy, huh? xD

Chapter 77: Impulsive

Raven and Beast Boy stood for a moment of silence. it was one of those awkward silences where neither one knew what to say or do.

did she really write that? did she mean what she said? that poem just seemed..... so unlike her..... but i liked it..... was it really about me.....? does she really......? i mean, this can't be real, right......? we're just so diffrent...... and we're usually fighting....... i mean, me and Raven......? could we ever really be....... together.......? i know its crazy, but the more i think about it, the more i like the idea........ me and Raven....... heh, that's an odd pairing if i ever heard of one...... would it even work......? well, i know i'm willing to work out our diffrences....... if she's willing, than so am i........ i wonder if she would kill me if i kissed her....... Beast Boy thought.

why is he being so quiet? what's he thinking? did he like the poem? did he understand it? why isn't he saying anything? should i say something? or should i just act? why am i so nervous? its just Beast Boy. i've known him for quite a while now. i shouldn't be so nervous around him. yet i have butterflies in my stomach, and he's as nervous as i am. what do i do? do i just wait for him to do something? but what if he doesn't do anything? should i just go ahead and do something? should i kiss him? oh, i have no idea..... Raven thought.

"Raven....?" he muttered.

"y--yes...?" she asked, her voice more quiet and shaky than she wanted it to sound. her head was tilted downward, looking at him, timidly.

she's cute when she's shy. she should be shy more often, 'cause she's really cute when she is. he thought.

"um....... about that, uh...... poem....... did you.......? did you really.......? i mean, was that.......? i....... that, um........ hehe........" he muttered, chuckling nervously at the end. Raven adverted her eyes.

"uh, yeah, i, um, did write that....... i couldn't sleep one night, so i wrote it......." she said, quietly.

"well, its, um...... nice..... i like it...... was it really, uh..... about......?" he asked, being about as timid as she was. Raven looked at him and sighed.

i know my head is saying to take it slow, but i don't want to wait around anymore. i don't want to think about it. i want to be impulsive for once. i know its not like me to just go with the flow and follow my heart, but i think the moment calls for it. i don't really know what i'm doing here anyway. i mine as well do something i want to do. she thought.

Raven then lowered her hood. then in one swift, graceful motion, she closed the gap between them. her lips gently brushed against his, and her pale, slender fingers wrapped around the back of his neck. her kiss was soft yet passionate. Beast Boy was stunned at first. his eyes widened, his ears struck straight up, and he blushed furiously. he then relaxed, embracing the moment. he kissed back, just as passinately. he hesistated at first, but then gently placed his hands on her hips. he wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not, since Raven was usually the type of girl that didn't like to be touched. then again, she had made the first move, so he figured it was safe. however, the moment didn't last long, as a breaking sound could be heard throughout the cafe. within moments, the room was pitch black. startled, the two Titans pulled apart, seeing nothing but darkness around them.

"what happened?!" one customer cried out.

"why is it so dark?!"

"why are the lights out?!"

"i can't see!" the customers were alarmed, some even starting to panic.

"chill out, dudes." came Shaggy's voice. "we'll have some lights on in a moment." he assured them. they calmed down a bit, but still wandered what happened.

"um....... sorry...." Raven muttered. her powers had accidently caused the lights to explode. Beast Boy grinned and gave a light snicker.

"its nothing, guys, just an empath. don't worry. it was an accident." he told them. they calmed down after hearing that, and knowing what had happened.
---
#212 Posted: 16:02:03 11/11/2011
Daaaaaaaaamn!!!!! smilie
#213 Posted: 18:14:10 11/11/2011 | Topic Creator
i thought you might like that. X3 i had to have something break because of her powers. i mean, she did say in one episode that 'the more you feel, the more energy you unleash' or something like that.

Chapter 78: I Am

it didn't take too long to get the lights working again, or at least set up back-up lighting. they got out several spare lamps, and set up back-up lights, just in case a certain empath broke them by accident again. Raven and Beast Boy hadn't moved since the lights went out, still standing by thier table. while it was dark, Beast Boy had an idea. when it was light again, he faced Raven.

"ok, since you did something for me, i'm going to return the favor." he said, with a grin. she blinked.

"what do you mean?" she asked.

"wait here, and i'll show you." he said, winking. then he hurried off towards the stage. Raven sat down at the table, watching him.

is he going to sing something? he doesn't expect me to believe he wrote a poem, does he? but what would he sing? i've already heard him sing before. but the owner said its Bon Jovi night, which means all the songs have to be from that group. so, what would he sing? now, i don't know any of Bon Jovi's songs, so i don't know what to expect. she thought.

Beast Boy got up on stage and approached the microphone. he set the kareoke machine to play the song he wanted. soon the music started and he began to sing.

How you spend your minutes are what matters
All tomorrows come from yesterdays
When you're feeling broken, bruised, and sometimes shattered
Blow out the candels on the cake like everything's a big mistake
It seems you always wait for life to happen
And your last buck can't buy a lucky break
If all we've got is us then life's worth living
And if you're in, you know i'm in
I'm ready and i'm willing

Chorus:
I am
When you think that no one needs you, sees you, or believes you
No one's there to understand
I am
I'll be there to be that someone
When you think that no one is there to hold your hand
I am

We're just who we are, there's no pretending
It takes a while to learn to live in your own skin
Say a prayer that we might find our happy ending
And if you're in, you know i'm in
I'm ready and i'm willing

(repeat chorus)

I ain't got no halo hanging over my head
I ain't gonna judge you, i'm just here to love you
I am
I am

(repeat chorus)

(repeat chorus)

everyone cheered and applauded Beast Boy's performance. he grinned and bowed, showing off a bit as he acted like he was a rockstar of some kind. Raven just smiled, snickering a bit as she watched him make a fool of himself. although she wasn't familiar with the group and thought the song was repetitive, she did like it. it was simple, sweet, and sounded pretty good with her favorite changeling performing it. she stood up with a smile as Beast Boy walked over to her with a grin.

"i think i'm officially a fan of the group." she told him.
---
#214 Posted: 03:17:57 12/11/2011
Awwww. :3
I again did not read the song. smilie
#215 Posted: 03:22:03 12/11/2011 | Topic Creator
well, its kinda repetitive. X3 its a great song, though. i love it. its one of my favorites, actually. X3

Chapter 79: Together?

not long after Beast Boy's performance, the two Titans headed out of the cafe. the changeling didn't want to leave yet, but Raven insisted that they head home. Raven put up her hood as they walked out. just as they left, the lights blew out again, leaving the cafe in darkness. the goth's emotions still wern't under control. she knew she needed to meditate. they walked down the street, with Raven blowing out the occasional light. Beast Boy fidgeted about nervously, running his hands through his hair, tugging at his clothes, and occasionally glancing at Raven's hand. none of this went unoticed by the dark girl.

i wonder if she'd mind if i held her hand...... i mean, that's, like, what boyfriends and girlfriends do...... unless we're not, you know, together....... but why wouldn't we be.....? i mean, we kissed...... heck, she even made the first move...... but she could still get mad at me...... i mean, its Raven....... i usually do something stupid to upset her...... i don't want to mess this up...... i don't want to upset her....... should i just hold her hand.....? should i ask first......? what should i do....? he thought.

why is he being so nervous? why doesn't he just hold my hand? i know he wants to. he's been fidgeting and glancing at my hand since we left the cafe. what's he so afraid of? its just me. we've been friends for a while. i've insulted him, teased him, threatened him, and he always bounces back. now suddenly he's nervous? come on, Beast Boy, what are you so afraid of? you've done dumber things besides attempting to hold my hand. i'm not going to kill you for trying. i could easily hold your hand, but i already made the first move here. its your turn now. she thought.

"um, Raven......?" he muttered, nervously, staring down at the ground.

"yes?" she asked, hoping he would be brave enough to ask something or do something.

"well, see, um......... i, uh......... um, are we.......? i mean, can i.......?" he muttered. she sighed.

"why don't you just say what's on your mind?" she asked him. he half-way glanced at her, still very nervous.

"i just don't want to make you mad...... i mean, i don't want to do something stupid......" he replied. she sighed again.

"Beast Boy, you do that on a daily basis. its never stopped you before. why would you be worried about that now?"

"because i don't want to mess this up, Raven....... whatever this is, whatever this is leading to, i don't want to spoil it....... i don't want to be the idiot that ruined the whole thing......"

"look, you have nothing to worry about. if i didn't have the patience to deal with idiots, then we wouldn't have lasted this long as friends and teammates."

"but that was diffrent......... i mean, that's just the way we were....... you know, we fought and all that....... we kinda teased each other and stuff, then we'd work together, and you know........ i mean, its like, no matter what, we were gonna be friends and teammates....... but this is...... diffrent....... i don't want to ruin it......"

"you won't ruin it. Beast Boy, that relationship has not only progressed but the bond has grown stronger. i realize that we are very diffrent and that this won't be easy, but somehow i can't get the idea off my mind. its even gotten hard to meditate." she said. then she sighed. "look, the point is, i'm willing to try. arn't you?" she asked. Beast Boy looked down at the ground as they continued walking. a moment of silence passed between them.

"but what about..... you know...... your powers....?" he asked. she was quiet for a moment. then she looked around at the exploding streetlights.

"so the occasional object blows up. its nothing we can't handle. besides, i figure that it'll get better in time. i may have to meditate more often and maybe fix or replace something every once in a while, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal. it should get easier to keep my powers under control as time goes on." she said.

"ok, if you say so. then if you're in, you know i'm in. i'm ready and i'm willing, Rae." he said, with a warm smile. she glanced at him with a small smile.

"alright, so i guess its official then." she said. he grinned wider. "so, arn't you going to ask?"

"huh?" he said, now confused.

"don't act like you don't know. you've been glancing at my hand since we left the cafe. you can, you know. you don't have to ask." she told him. he immediately beamed, flashing a toothy grin with stars in his eyes. then he reached out and held her hand, looking away slightly with a blush on his cheeks. Raven adverted her gaze, also blushing. then a few streetlights blew out.
---
#216 Posted: 12:16:28 12/11/2011
I'm imagining-OoO Oh. My. Gosh.
Sparks Fly!! >O.O<
#217 Posted: 13:40:59 12/11/2011 | Topic Creator
sparks do literally fly with them, mainly 'cause Raven keeps blowing out all the lights. i think i actually saw a music video of them with the song Sparks Fly.

Chapter 80: Torture

Raven and Beast Boy walked down the street, holding hands and smiling. the occasional street light blew out, but niether one seemed to notice or care. the people out on the streets reconized them, and paused a moment to stare. some were surprised, some gave a knowing smile, others gave a jealous glare. there were mutterings and whispers among them.

"what the heck happened there?" one asked, shocked to see them together.

"aw, that's so sweet!" one lady said.

"i always thought they would get together." another smiled.

"oh, my, gosh! i can't believe it! i have to tell everyone!" one teenager squealed, taking pictures and posting it online with her phone.

"she is so lucky! i mean, look how cute he is!" one jealous girl said to her friend.

"dang, she's hot. i wish i was the one who--OW!" one guy said, before being punched in the shoulder, receiving a death glare from his girlfriend.

Raven could sense thier emotions. the shock, the jealousy, the excitement, she could feel it all. she payed no attention to them for the most part, except for occasionally glaring at a jealous bystander.

"just ignore them, Rae." Beast Boy told her. "if they're jealous, which they totally are for obvious reasons," he wiggled his eyebrows with a smirk. "then too bad, so sad. they'll just have to deal with it." he said with a grin. she assumed that he meant they were jealous of her for being with him. "because you're mine, and i'll take on any guy that thinks diffrently." he added, grin growing wider as he winked at her. her eyes widened slightly, surprised at that. then she blushed a bit with a small smile.

"for your information, Beast Boy, i was glaring at the girls." she told him. he blushed at that. "after all, girls love the pointy ears." she added with a smile. Beast Boy looked at her giving her the biggest grin with stars in his eyes. he couldn't believe it. it was music to his pointed ears. he had stated a few times that girls liked his ears, but Raven never seemed to be convinced. now she had said it herself.

"so, ladies dig the ears, huh?" he asked with a smug grin, now wiggling his ears. Raven sighed.

"alright, i admit it. just don't rub it in." she said. the changeling just gave her a mischevious smirk. "you're going to rub it in, arn't you?" she asked with a sigh.

"oh, only once a day at least." he replied. she shook her head.

"i'm never going to live that down..." she muttered.

"nope. i'll never let you forget it. i'll remind you every single day that you said that, even in public. and for every time you deny it......." he trailed off, thinking a moment. then he looked back at her with a grin. "....i'll give you a big kiss, no matter where we are.." he said.

"oh, no, what a terrible punishment. how will i ever live through it?" she said sarcastically, smirking.

"ah, but that is the beauty of torture, Rae. you don't think you'll live through it, but you will. now, i'd hate to make you miserable like that, but if you deny anything, then you'll leave me no choice. it shall be your punishment, and there is nothing you can do about it." he said, dramatically. Raven let out the slightest snicker.

"well, surely there is some way to fight the torture."

"nope. trying to fight it will only result in more torture. you can not escape your punishment, Raven."

"so, if i fight it, do i just get more torture, or does it get more severe?" she asked. Beast Boy thought for a moment.

"well, it all depends on how much you fight it." he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"ah, i see. well, then i guess there would only be one way to find out how bad the torture gets."

"yep. so, do you want to try a little test?" he asked her with a smug grin.

"i suppose i could live through it." she replied. they then paused for a moment, turning to face each other as they stopped holding hands.

"ok, so, Raven, do ladies dig the pointy ears?" he asked her. there was a moment of silence. Raven smirked a bit.

"no, not at all." she answered. Beast Boy gave a somewhat evil grin.

"tsk, tsk, tsk. you knew what your punishment was, Raven. shame on you for lying." he said. then with a grin, he leaned in closer, pulling her hood down as he did so. then he placed his hand on the back of her head, running his fingers through her violet hair. then he gently pulled her towards him and kissed her softly.
---
#218 Posted: 16:06:39 12/11/2011
Oooooooh! smilie Hahaha! smilie

Personally, I think that's a good job with Raven's personality. Minus the snickers. A FEW less smiles. That's BB all the way, though. smilie
#219 Posted: 17:05:07 12/11/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. X3 its not easy doing Raven's personallity when she's in a relationship. BB's easy, though. X3

Chapter 81: When To Tell Them

Raven and Beast Boy landed just outside the tower. it was late, and it was time to wind down and relax for the evening. Raven had planned on making some tea and doing some meditation. she figured Beast Boy would be up almost all night, watching TV or playing video games.

"so, are we gonna tell the others the good news?" he asked with a big, goofy grin. Raven paused before going inside and turned to face him.

"not tonight, Beast Boy. lets wait until morning." she replied. the changeling's grin faded.

"aw, Raven, come on! i wanna tell them now!"

"but its late. besides, i had planned on doing something else."

"like what? what's more imprtant than telling everybody that we're together?"

"well, i was going to make tea and meditate."

"but you can do that anytime."

"and telling the others can't wait?"

"no, it can't. they should know now."

"fine, then you can tell them, but i need to meditate. i've blown out every street light between here and the cafe. i need to get my powers under control first."

"but i don't want to tell them without you. they might think i'm making it up or something. can't you meditate later?"

"i didn't intend on staying up real late, Beast Boy. besides, i shouldn't wait. i could blow up something in the tower."

"so let something break. we can just replace it or have Cy fix it."

"yes, i'm sure Cyborg would just love to repair something frequently because i didn't meditate." she stated, sarcastically.

"we could just tell them real quick and then you can go meditate."

"there isn't a way to do this real quick. as soon as we tell them, there will quite possibly be varied reactions, as well as questions. then we'll have to answer them all. now i rather not stay up late discussing this and end up missing an important meditation session. we should wait until tomrrow."

"but i don't know if i can wait that long!" he exclaimed. Raven sighed and shook her head.

"then just go to bed earlier than usual, and morning will come before you know it." she told him.

"but--but--but--" he stammered. Raven then kissed him on the cheek, which caused him to immediately freeze.

"good night, Beast Boy. i'll see you in the morning." she said. then she walked inside the tower.
---
#220 Posted: 21:55:49 12/11/2011
Pfff! smilie Nice job freezing his brain, Raven! smilie
#221 Posted: 22:45:14 12/11/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, she has a new power over him now. smilie

Chapter 82: The Good News

Beast Boy's alarm clock sounded at ten the next morning. without thinking, he grabbed the closest thing to him, which was a pillow, and threw it at the clock. the pillow hit, knocking the clock onto the floor and breaking it. the bad news was it would no longer work. the good news being that it was now quiet. he started to fall back alseep when memory caused him to hear a voice inside his head.

.....in the morning...... wait until tomorrow...... morning will come before you know it.....

it was Raven's voice resounding in his head. then his eyes shot open in realization. it was morning. he had set his alarm clock to wake up early so that he could talk to the others. it was now time to tell them the good news. then he jumped out of bed, eager to take that first step towards the door. however, he neglected to remember that he was on the top bunk of his bed, and that the first step would be a doozy. a startled changeling crash landed on the floor. he raised his head with a groan. then after recovering from the fall, he leaped up, and bolted out the door. he wasn't surprised to find the others already up. as usual, Cyborg was cooking breakfeast. of course, Robin and Starfire were seated side-by-side at the table, chatting. however, Raven sat with them. normally, she was over on the couch with a book, occasionally sipping some herbal tea. now she was at the table, across from Starfire, and without a book. she did have her tea and a piece of toast, and seemed unintrested in the current conversation.

"good morning everybody!" Beast Boy practically yelled as he walked into the room with a big grin.

"greetings, friend Beast Boy!" Starfire smiled.

"morning...?" Cyborg muttered, stunned at the changeling's good mood.

"you're in a good mood." Robin pointed out, surprised also, but hiding it fairly well.

"morning." Raven greeted in her usual monotone. she knew exactly why he was so cheerful.

its about time you woke up. i've been waiting for you. so, do you want to tell them now or after breakfeast? Raven said to him through telepathy.

now, now, now, now, now, now, now! i can't wait any longer!

ok, geez. calm down. you're acting like a kid whose had too much sugar.

Beast Boy would have responded to that, but he was too happy to care right now. he now focused his attention on the other three, eager to tell them.

"yes, i am in a good mood today, Robin. and do you want to know why?" he asked with a big grin.

"sure." the boy wnder nodded.

"yeah, man, tell us." the tin man added.

"please tell us!" the alien beamed, eager to know. there was a moment of silence. then the changeling had a crazy idea.

hehehe, i'll give them a reason for a good mood..... he thought, his grin now more mischevious. then with great glee, he gave them a reason.

"me and Rae are getting married!" he flat-out lied.

"WHAT?!" came the response of his friends, all except Raven. Robin and Cyborg were shocked beyond belief. thier eyes nearly popped out of thier heads, thier jaws dropped to the floor. Starfire, however, was now floating out of her seat. she had the biggest of grins, her eyes lighting up and shining like emeralds. Raven had suddenly moved from her seat, and was now beside Beast Boy, smacking him upside the head.

"you idiot. you wern't supposed to tell them THAT! i should've known better than to let you handle this." she snapped at him, glaring. he chuckled nervously.

"oh, come on, Rae. its just a joke." he told her. Raven put her hands on her hips with a huff.

"as usual, your joke fails to be the least bit funny. now fix this!" she insisted. after hearing this, thier friends went from shocked and excited to very much confused. they were now completely lost. Beast Boy chuckled nervously as he turned to face the others. Raven stood there with her arms crossed, glaring at him.

"uh....... hehe...... here's the thing....... it was just a joke...... i made that up....... so forget what i said......." he muttered. thier friends still appeared lost.

"i am confused...... you are not engaged.....?" Starfire frowned. she seemed more disappointed than lost.

"then why'd you make that up?" Cyborg asked.

"and how come Raven wasn't shocked like the rest of us?" Robin asked. at that point, the changeling looked at the goth girl. she then relinquished her glare and lowered her arms. then she took a deep breath.

"we're dating." she said, plainly, as if this were no big deal.
---
#222 Posted: 03:11:51 14/11/2011
APFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! smilie
#223 Posted: 03:18:01 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
i got that idea from Betrothed, actually, when Star tells them she's leaving for Tamaran to get married. i thought it might make for a good joke. X3

Chapter 83: The Risks

"what?!" came Robin and Cyborg's response. they were still surprised, just not nearly as much as before. Starfire was excited again. she was floating, grinning from ear to ear, and clapping her hands excitedly.

"glorious!" cheered the alien. "you have shared your affection and intiated the start of the relationship! this is most wonderful!"

"i know, right?" Beast Boy grinned. "i wanted to tell you guys last night, but Rae said to wait."

"we must tell the others!" Starfire insisted. then she hurried off to get on her laptop.

"good idea!" the changeling agreed. then he hurried off to his room.

"i'll go keep an eye on them." Cyborg said. then he walked off to his room. Robin then turned to Raven.

"so....... you and Beast Boy....." he muttered a bit. Raven sighed.

"Robin, please don't make a big deal about this..... its not any diffrent from you and Starfire dating....."

"i'm sorry, Raven, but i have to disagree with you there. your relationship with Beast Boy is diffrent. you're complete opposites. you guys fight on a regular basis, and i just think that--"

"look, i get it, ok? you don't have to explain anything."

"just let me finish. if the two of you were to have a huge fight and break up, it could effect the team as a whole. i don't want anything like that to happen. and lets not forget about your powers. you can't let them get out of control. you're taking a bit of a risk here. this relationship isn't exactly safe. i just want the two of you to be careful."

"i know, Robin. i understand all that. don't you think i haven't thought about it already? i've considered all the risks. i know what could happen. but i can't get him off my mind. its gotten hard to meditate. i can work harder to get my powers under control. but i can't just ignore this. what would you do if you were in my place? just avoid Starfire? never talk to her again?" she said. Robin sighed, thinking.

"ok, you have a point there. i see what you're saying. just be careful, ok? don't let your powers get too out of control. and don't do anything to jeopardize the team as a whole. i want you both to be happy, and you guys deserve a chance, especially after what's happened in the past..... but you have to be smart about this... i could talk to Beast Boy, but i had much rather discuss this with you, Raven.... i trust you to think this through and make the right choices here.... and the rest of us will be here to help however we can..... hey, who knows, maybe you two will learn to stop fighting so much..." he said, smirking a bit at the end. Raven gave him an unamused frown, her gaze narrowing slightly.

"don't push it." she stated. having them be smart about the relationship and keeping things from blowing up were two things, but having them fight less was completely diffrent. Raven was willing to work on the relationship and controling her powers, but she doubted the fighting would be lessened by much.
---
#224 Posted: 03:21:35 14/11/2011
Yeah, I could so see Raven and Robin having been together if one o two things had gone a liiiittle differently... smilie
#225 Posted: 03:24:52 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, if they had done things a little diffrently, mainly change the interactions between Robin and Starfire, then those two could be together.

Chapter 84: Spread the Word

Sunshine23, Tech_Guy, and One_Man_Zoo have logged on to mytower.com.

Sunshine23: friends, i bring you the most wonderous news!

Queen_Bee: what's up, girl?

Hex_Girl: what's the news?

Tech_Guy: hold up, is everybody online?

One_Man_Zoo: Rae and Robin arn't here, but who cares? i can't wait any longer! guess what, dudes?! me and Raven are dating!

Hex_Girl: finally!

Queen_Bee: its about time!

DynamicDuo22: muy buien!

ArcherBoy01: congradulations.

Fish_Lover: that's great.

One_Man_Zoo: thanks, dudes!

BlackBird333 and Masked_Hero logged on.

One_Man_Zoo: well, if it isn't my favorite dark girl! hey, Raven!

then the others said thier hellos and congradulated the new couple.

BlackBird333: Hey. Beast Boy, I thought you were going to wait for me to get on first.

One_Man_Zoo: nope. sorry. couldn't wait.

Sunshine23: now that you have begun the relationship, perhaps you would like to accompany Robin and i on a double date.

Masked_Hero: yeah, it'd be fun.

One_Man_Zoo: what do you think, Rae?

BlackBird333: Sure.

One_Man_Zoo: cool. then its a date.

Masked_Hero: Cy, do you and Bumblebee want to join us?

Sunshine23: friend Jinx, would you and Kid Flash like to accompany us as well?

BlackBird333: Why don't you just invite everyone out?

One_Man_Zoo: ooh! we could make it into a party! we could have it here at the tower and invite everyone!

Masked_Hero: that's actually not a bad idea.

Tech_Guy: yeah, sounds fun.

Queen_Bee: cool. that sounds great.

Hex_Girl: i'll call Kid Flash and ask if he'll come too.

Sunshine23: glorious!

BlackBird333: I guess it could be fun. Just don't forget about Melvin, Timmy, and Teether.

Masked_Hero: alright. well, i guess we better start planning this party then.
---
#226 Posted: 03:28:01 14/11/2011
RAVEN AGREED TO A PARTY!!!!! OoO *shocked*
#227 Posted: 03:31:21 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
hehe, yeah. but she was kinda outnumbered though. they would have had the party whether she liked the idea or not. X3
---
#228 Posted: 03:32:09 14/11/2011
True. smilie
#229 Posted: 03:35:49 14/11/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah. X3 plus, she gets to see her kids, so that's good. and i get to add them in. X3
---
#230 Posted: 04:11:33 15/11/2011
O.O WHAT?
#231 Posted: 04:17:21 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Melvin, Timmy, and Teether. she calls them her kids.
---
#232 Posted: 04:37:05 15/11/2011
Oh...
#233 Posted: 04:42:08 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, towards the end of Hide and Seek, she says to Mallah, the 'monkey man' as Timmy called him, "nobody messes with my kids!"
---
#234 Posted: 04:45:38 15/11/2011
OOC: I think I missed that...
#235 Posted: 04:49:23 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
well, its a good episode, one of my favorites, actually.
---
#236 Posted: 04:56:07 15/11/2011
I just wrote in OOC:... smilie
#237 Posted: 04:58:51 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
i noticed that. smilie
---
#238 Posted: 05:04:12 15/11/2011
I am so pathetic. smilie
#239 Posted: 05:06:35 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
i usually blame my computer when i do things like that. smilie
---
#240 Posted: 05:10:43 15/11/2011
Pff. Nice. smilie
#241 Posted: 05:13:34 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
well, mine is usually acting up one way or another. mine as well blame it for things. X3
---
#242 Posted: 05:14:25 15/11/2011
Hahaha! smilie
#243 Posted: 05:18:55 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
well, its either that, or throw it out the window when i get mad at it. X3
---
#244 Posted: 05:23:39 15/11/2011
Hahahaaaa! smilie
#245 Posted: 05:30:49 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
i have thrown the mouse against the wall before. then we had to get a new one.
---
#246 Posted: 05:36:19 15/11/2011
Pff! smilie C-chan, you're violent! X3
#247 Posted: 05:44:02 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
only when i'm mad, which rarely happens, by the way. X3
---
#248 Posted: 05:48:22 15/11/2011
X3 I know.
#249 Posted: 05:53:06 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
its really almost impossible to get me mad enough to where i'll actually do something. it doesn't mean i'm not tempted and already thinking about it, though...
---
#250 Posted: 05:55:44 15/11/2011
Same here.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me