darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011)
First | Previous | Page 46 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2251 Posted: 14:17:31 07/02/2012
So, it's been officially announced...

I'm not sure what to think, but where it says "twice the size" I'm getting visions of the D&D "giants" range...

[User Posted Image]

That kinda thing...

As long as there are some dragon ones, and they're not too expensive, I may pick some up
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#2252 Posted: 14:26:37 07/02/2012
A new game already? I'm just glad that the portal will work with it.

Seems like there's a big chance that these eight new bad boys will be the Elder Elementals.
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2253 Posted: 14:31:23 07/02/2012
Hope to see a dragon in these!
#2254 Posted: 14:34:23 07/02/2012
Quote: SilentButDeadly
A new game already? I'm just glad that the portal will work with it.

Seems like there's a big chance that these eight new bad boys will be the Elder Elementals.

Ooh, that is true... I was just wondering how that would work, but forgot how many elements there were smilie

So, ideas for the type of creature we could have for each element? Or just giants as in "giants", rather than "giant creatures"?

Like, I would say(for example), fire is a dragon, water is a serpent/kraken/other water beast, undead is either a ghost style thing/stylized skeletal creature etc
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2255 Posted: 14:34:29 07/02/2012
Quote: bisylizzie

I'm not sure what to think, but where it says "twice the size" I'm getting visions of the D&D "giants" range...

[User Posted Image]

That kinda thing...

As long as there are some dragon ones, and they're not too expensive, I may pick some up

I actually OWN one of those D&D Colossus Red Dragon (as well as the Gargantuan Black dragon), it's huge enough to be my room's doorstop and is bigger then my HEAD (That's not just a distance illusion you see in that picture. The black dragon is more "Reasonable" in size, but still big enough to be a book-end.).

If it's suppose to be able to use the old portals, then "Twice the size" can't really be that big. Maybe big enough to make it so two toys can't fit on the 3DS portal, but I can't imagine them getting any bigger then that. (Though I would admit, having some GIANT Skylanders that maybe have extra detail compared to their normal counterparts would be kinda cool...)
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#2256 Posted: 14:37:28 07/02/2012
Quote: spyroid101

[User Posted Image]

That kinda thing...

I actually OWN one of those D&D Colossus Red Dragon (as well as the Gargantuan Black dragon), it's huge enough to be my room's doorstop and is bigger then my HEAD (That's not just a distance illusion you see in that picture. The black dragon is more "Reasonable" in size, but still big enough to be a book-end.).

If it's suppose to be able to use the old portals, then "Twice the size" can't really be that big. Maybe big enough to make it so two toys can't fit on the 3DS portal, but I can't imagine them getting any bigger then that. (Though I would admit, having some GIANT Skylanders that maybe have extra detail compared to their normal counterparts would be kinda cool...)

Yeah, I meant bigger as in, bigger than the normal size... Maybe bigger than the things in adventure packs(although I'm not sure what size they are compared to the normal figures :/ i tried to find a good one, but I found that one and just decided to use that one smilie Not the best, I know
#2257 Posted: 14:45:45 07/02/2012
Haha, ahhh, I see smilie

I swear, though, if the OFFICIAL Skylanders were all made like the Colossus Red Dragon, I'd have a heart attack. While very nicely detailed, there'd just be no place to store all of 'em smilie

That and some of the points are actually quite sharp, not too safe for the little kiddies smilie
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2258 Posted: 14:47:54 07/02/2012
Quote: Philip

• Skylanders Giants coming this Fall.
  • 8 New figures, twice the size of the originals (higher price)
  • Old figures and the Portal Of Power fully compatible.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/20...landers-sequel/

great to hear you can use your older figurines and portal with this new game. and only 8 new figurines, i can live with that(the 32 from skylanders was to many)... now the big question will it have online features like battle mode and co-op online...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:48:53 07/02/2012 by kappapopm
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#2259 Posted: 15:10:05 07/02/2012
Oooh lights!

Quote: Press Release
Bright Lights: Helping to further the real world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants includes a set of characters that feature spectacular new light technology integrated into the toys, allowing the figure to light up when near or on the Portal of Power(TM). These characters have additional in-game benefits as well. Batteries are not required.

And a pic:

[User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:41:10 07/02/2012 by dark52
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2260 Posted: 15:26:06 07/02/2012
Oh wow. Wonder if he's a Giant?

I have to imagine that the figures will be bigger, but also small enough to fit on the portal. The portal is about 5 inches around and double the size of a figure would be around 7 inches.

I'd hope that these figures are around the $20 price range. Although it's probably impossible to have them around $10 or so, if they're about the same as the expansion pack/less than that $25 range, they should continue to do well.

Thankfully the figures will still be able to be played with, so they could continue to repackage or resell them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2261 Posted: 15:27:58 07/02/2012
[User Posted Image]

http://www.thetoyspy.com/2012/...oming-this-fall
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2262 Posted: 15:29:37 07/02/2012
Quote: Philip

• Skylanders Giants coming this Fall.
  • 8 New figures, twice the size of the originals (higher price)
  • Old figures and the Portal Of Power fully compatible.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/20...landers-sequel/

Game this fall - Boooo. That is probably when D3 will come out and I will have no time at all to devote to a console game. I will also be broke from building a new PC in order to play D3.
8 new figures - Horay! The less searching I have to do to find these things, the better. Lets hope that all 8 are released at the same time in enough quantity that no one has to resort to nonretail means to acquire them.
Higher price - I understand that bigger means more cost to manufacture, however it damn well better not be more than $12 or they will not get the sales that they are hoping for. 8 x 12 = 96 + 50 (game itself) = $146 for the new game. I love my kids, but that is just redonkulous.
Old figures and portal work - Ya damn straigh it will work. Can you imagine the backlash if these things didnt work with the new game?

Quote: kappapopm
great to hear you can use your older figurines and portal with this new game. and only 8 new figurines, i can live with that(the 32 from skylanders was to many)... now the big question will it have online features like battle mode and co-op online...

Online battle and co-op (online I presume) - If anything has taught us, Activision has listened to the masses about the current game and its figures. I have faith that Activision will include some sort of online compatability features for this game. It would be just as large of a negative to not have online ability in this game as charging more than $12 for the new figures.

We all knew there was going to be a sequel. We knew there would be new figures. Now we can hope for online play as well as the ability to jump.

===================================

BTY, Dark, we cant see the pic as it requires a login to see. Care to host the pic and then repost it?

Edit : Thanks for fixing it Dark.

thetoyspy blog is posting obviously fake pictures of the larger spyro and double trouble. I read somewhere on a blog or whatever that the person photoshopped those pics.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:01 07/02/2012 by Monsinour
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#2263 Posted: 15:33:41 07/02/2012
Oh dear God.... With just getting regular figures being a pain in the arse right now, I don't know how to respond to this news. Should I be smilie, smilie, smilie or smilie ? I don't care what new things are in the new game, just fecking supply the market with figures this time!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#2264 Posted: 15:37:08 07/02/2012
Quote:
Skylanders Giants the next installment of the franchise features a variety of new characters, new challenges, a thrilling new story-driven adventure, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and online:

Going Big: Skylanders Giants introduces eight new highly collectible figures that are more than twice the size of the main skylanders cast in both physical and virtual form. Their in-game powers and abilities reflect their colossal scale.

Bright Lights: Helping to further the real world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants includes a set of characters that feature spectacular new light technology integrated into the toys, allowing the figure to light up when near or on the Portal of Power™. These characters have additional in-game benefits as well. Batteries are not required.

Brand New Skylanders: Eight new regular sized skylanders, each with their own unique powers, abilities, and personality, join the adventure alongside the Giants.

Forward Compatibility: Every beloved character from Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, leveled-up stats and customizations intact.

Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and more gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level up every character.

Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Spyro's UniverseTM, the large online world that allows Portal Masters around the world to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.

"Skylanders Spyro's Adventure's success in 2011 validated an exciting idea—that with the right technology, and the creative minds to support it with engaging characters and story, we could define a new model for children's play," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "Skylanders Giants marks the evolution of this core concept. We've got super-sized figures, remarkably cool new characters that light up, as if by magic, and more ways to play and explore Skylands than ever before. We're delighted to announce the title at Toy Fair 2012 and can't wait for fans to go hands-on this fall."

source:
http://www.virtual-strategy.co...tional-toy-fair

after reading this, i know there will not be any online game option. only that horrible crappy online pc game option.... that is bad news.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:44:28 07/02/2012 by kappapopm
#2265 Posted: 15:45:41 07/02/2012
Found this on another board - http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...ylanders-giants

Interesting what you learn from the German toy fair, LOL.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
hoodoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1169
#2266 Posted: 15:47:36 07/02/2012
Kotaku has some good pics of two of the new Skylanders: http://kotaku.com/5882980/thes...gures/gallery/1
---
A dad, a husband, a gamer
#2267 Posted: 15:47:42 07/02/2012
Well now wait a second. Are the 8 new characters going to be Giants, or are they going to be regular ones? There's 2 different articles, one saying the 8 new figures are the giants, and the other saying the 8 new figs are regular ones, and there's some unknown number of Giants.

I dunno, I think it's still a huge possibility. With Universe, they could really just have it so your game auto connects to it, like when you level up in the game, it updates your character online. And maybe also allowing you to have a unified money system.

EDIT: Kotaku has some more pics.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:26 07/02/2012 by spyroflame0487
#2268 Posted: 15:55:11 07/02/2012
Quote: Monsinour

thetoyspy blog is posting obviously fake pictures of the larger spyro and double trouble. I read somewhere on a blog or whatever that the person photoshopped those pics.

This is obvious that they're photoshopped, but I think that they made these just to show about what the size will be, that's it.
#2269 Posted: 15:55:50 07/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Well now wait a second. Are the 8 new characters going to be Giants, or are they going to be regular ones? There's 2 different articles, one saying the 8 new figures are the giants, and the other saying the 8 new figs are regular ones, and there's some unknown number of Giants.

I dunno, I think it's still a huge possibility. With Universe, they could really just have it so your game auto connects to it, like when you level up in the game, it updates your character online. And maybe also allowing you to have a unified money system.

I have read 3 articles so far. From what I can tell, pending on who is right or not, this is what I am guessing:

8 Giant figures
8 new normal sized figures
4 "light up" figures

BTW, this pic is saweet

[User Posted Image]

Is it me or are his eyes and that green ball thing "lit up"?
---
My kids own :
#2270 Posted: 15:57:33 07/02/2012
^haha just posted that, but I don't think the pic is working.

Yeah, looks like the ball at least is glowing, but the eyes might be just a bit of photoshopness. That new blue guy looks a bit like Trigger Happy to me.

inb4 we find out that the Skylanders can evolve.
---
#2271 Posted: 15:57:45 07/02/2012
so is this a light figure or a giant figure...?
#2272 Posted: 16:01:57 07/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
so is this a light figure or a giant figure...?

"GiantStump" is a Giant figure. But I'm guessing all the giants might be ones that light up.

We've got a video boys and girls!

http://www.viddler.com/v/f4161d1

Also a bit of gameplay too!

-Flameslinger takes his blindfold off to reveal another blindfold
-Giants will be able to do a LOT more damage with some throwback
-They can pick up things and throw them
-Possibly underground levels?

EDIT: Curiously, joystiq has a picture of....a new Cynder figure?

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:09:57 07/02/2012 by spyroflame0487
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#2273 Posted: 16:08:02 07/02/2012

Best idea. smilie

Ahhhh. The new game looks cool! Can't wait to hear more on it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:26 07/02/2012 by Hyena
zbart Red Sparx Gems: 40
#2274 Posted: 16:09:14 07/02/2012
All the available screenshots and images: http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...reenshots/10210
#2275 Posted: 16:14:01 07/02/2012
Quote: Hyena

Best idea. smilie

Ahhhh. The new game looks cool! Can't wait to hear more on it.

Was it just me, or did everyone else notice that the second blindfold was gold?
---
My kids own :
#2276 Posted: 16:22:59 07/02/2012
Mr Tree Dude is pretty cool, but from the video, jeez they're big old characters in game

Not a fan of tree dude, nor the blue one... Is the blue one a giant, or regular size?

I'm guessing there'd be at least 16 new figures, 2 for each element, one giant and one regular...
#2277 Posted: 16:26:37 07/02/2012
They already said 20 new figures

8 giants
8 regular
and we guess 4 light to reach 20
#2278 Posted: 16:27:32 07/02/2012
Well if there's 8, that means we at least know there's a new one for each element. I'd say it's probably more than likely "Giant Happy" is a Giant. But I guess we'll have to see.

EDIT: Scratch that, maybe not.

[User Posted Image]
He's not as big as those hulk drow, so he has to be a regular sized character.

Alright, I'd say we'll see 8 new characters (one for each element) and then 4 Giants (GiantStump is probably Life. Maybe Magic, Fire and Water?)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:53 07/02/2012 by spyroflame0487
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#2279 Posted: 16:28:36 07/02/2012
Current game news: according to Joystiq, "In March, Toys R Us will also have a 30-day exclusive on the "Dragon's Peak" adventure pack."
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#2280 Posted: 16:36:13 07/02/2012
Quote: dark52
Current game news: according to Joystiq, "In March, Toys R Us will also have a 30-day exclusive on the "Dragon's Peak" adventure pack."

Wondering if that exclusivity is also applying itself to the blue bash. Reading the article, it made it seem that way. Time to call my brother in law and have him talk to his mother. LOL
---
My kids own :
AndreDarx Green Sparx Gems: 297
#2281 Posted: 16:48:10 07/02/2012
Wow! I saw now the trailer and the images and it looks good. I laughed at the part with Trigger Happy's face after he saw the Giant smilie

By the way, why are they going to release a new Cynder's figure?
---
Skylanders own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie + Blue Bash
Getting: smilie smilie smilie
#2282 Posted: 16:54:06 07/02/2012
Blue Bash is pretty cool. I'm glad that they won't have it as a Gold/Silver one and should make it readily available.

I wonder...will it look different in game?
---
#2283 Posted: 16:57:00 07/02/2012
Blue Bash is pretty cool. I'm glad that they won't have it as a Gold/Silver one and should make it readily available.

Nope! Same figure, just different colour and loaded with exp and money
#2284 Posted: 16:57:48 07/02/2012

Nope! Same figure, just different colour and loaded with exp and money

Really? Where did you see that?
#2285 Posted: 17:07:14 07/02/2012
"Finally, Toys R Us CEO Jerry Storch revealed an exclusive partnership with Activision going forward. The retailer will sell exclusive figures this year, including "Legendary Trigger Happy" and "Iridescent Blue Bash," both of which are stronger than their normal versions and feature new abilities. In March, Toys R Us will also have a 30-day exclusive on the "Dragon's Peak" adventure pack. See pictures of the new figures in the gallery below."

As the silver and gold ones were just the same figure with money and stuff, that's what I assumed, otherwise someone would've found a new Bash in the coding... Unless it's a Giant exclusive upgrade
#2286 Posted: 17:12:15 07/02/2012
Oh yeah, I would bet on something like the Gold as well.

I'm wondering if these will be as rare as the gold/silver of as the Legendaries?
#2287 Posted: 17:30:22 07/02/2012

It introduces over 20 new figures.... i thought 8 was okay, but no its over 20... jebus it never end does it.
AndreDarx Green Sparx Gems: 297
#2288 Posted: 17:34:12 07/02/2012
Now let's see the face of GameMaster when he will see this new game announced....with new 20 toys! smilie

Also...
[User Posted Image]
Flyn's back! smilie
---
Skylanders own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie + Blue Bash
Getting: smilie smilie smilie
#2289 Posted: 17:42:01 07/02/2012
I have to say...I love this trend Skylanders is going on: They reveal next to NOTHING about anything, then after it's Officially announced: WHOOSH! INFO OVERLOAD! smilie
---
Philip Blue Sparx Gems: 948
#2290 Posted: 17:43:15 07/02/2012
My take on the 20+ figures is

8 Giant figures witht the light technology
8 new regular figures
4+ old figures with new model like that picture of Cynder.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#2291 Posted: 17:44:25 07/02/2012
^BOOM!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2292 Posted: 18:20:24 07/02/2012
Quote: AndreDarx
Now let's see the face of GameMaster when he will see this new game announced....with new 20 toys! smilie

Also...
[User Posted Image]
Flyn's back! smilie

I TOLD them to edit me out of that picture!!! DANGIT!!!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2293 Posted: 18:22:24 07/02/2012
Quote: AndreDarx
Wow! I saw now the trailer and the images and it looks good. I laughed at the part with Trigger Happy's face after he saw the Giant smilie

By the way, why are they going to release a new Cynder's figure?

I thought Flameslinger's was even better, though! He pulls up the bandana covering his eyes to reveal ... ANOTHER bandana covering his eyes!

Classic!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
SkyDad Red Sparx Gems: 79
#2294 Posted: 18:31:05 07/02/2012
20 new figures? Looks like my son better start saving up now! Haha.

I was a bit skeptical on the size of the figures, but after seeing the pictures of "Giant Smash" next to Spyro on the portal I feel a little better. The detail is great on these figures as well! Love the idea of parts of them lighting up.

I'm worried about the price of the Giant figures...but if i had to guess the 4 or 8 Giants will probably be $19.99 a pop - very similar to the adventure packs and three packs.

Also, I hope they keep stocking the stores with the original characters as well - since most of us still haven't completed our collection (hopefully by the fall they will be easier to obtain).

Very surprised they are coming out with a new game so soon though. I think the biggest question is, how many chapters will be in this new game? Will it be another 20+ chapters or is this going to be more of an "expansion pack" and have like 8? And I agree with Monsinour, they NEED to include some sort of online play in this game. Just about every game has this feature now, especially games similar to Skylanders, so Giants would severely hurt themselves if they didn't have an online mode.
---
Owned: *smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*smiliesmilie*
#2295 Posted: 18:37:17 07/02/2012
@SkyDad

they are using the same game engine and tools to make this new skylanders game, its just more of the same... and they are releasing it this fall... no effort are put into a online part of the game, sadly.
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#2296 Posted: 18:43:47 07/02/2012
I saw everything, this, is, epic!!!!!!!

Waiting for Frebuary 15th-18th!!!
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
#2297 Posted: 19:02:54 07/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm

It introduces over 20 new figures.... i thought 8 was okay, but no its over 20... jebus it never end does it.

Actually, that link is the only one that has said "over" 20 new characters. Everything else I have read has said it was 20. It makes sense to stay at 20 really. 8 giants, 8 new (one of each element), and 4 "light up" figures. I seriously do not want to be looking for more than 20 figures. Good lord, I have 7 left to get for this freaking game.
---
My kids own :
#2298 Posted: 19:06:23 07/02/2012
"As well as the 32 Skylanders from the original game, Skylanders Giants introduces 16 brand new characters to play as. There will be eight giant Skylanders, at more than twice the size. There will also be eight brand new normal sized Skylanders to add to your collection.
There will also be new versions of older characters bringing the total number of new toys over 20."
#2299 Posted: 19:19:56 07/02/2012
Quote: Reimu
"As well as the 32 Skylanders from the original game, Skylanders Giants introduces 16 brand new characters to play as. There will be eight giant Skylanders, at more than twice the size. There will also be eight brand new normal sized Skylanders to add to your collection.
There will also be new versions of older characters bringing the total number of new toys over 20."

Linky plox?
---
My kids own :
#2300 Posted: 19:21:34 07/02/2012
So 16 new characters, like I said earlier :/
First | Previous | Page 46 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me