darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011)
First | Previous | Page 11 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#501 Posted: 01:49:29 07/10/2011
^I agree, too.
---
Read my GB.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#502 Posted: 02:01:24 07/10/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I don't get the fuss over adults and teens buying 'kid's stuff'. You like what you like, and you have right ot enjoy them, and anyone who thinks less of you or gives you a hard time (in a non joking manner) for something as inconsequencial as playing children's video games is clarly no friend of yours and so thier opinions of you don't really matter.

YESSSS
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#503 Posted: 02:04:14 07/10/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
Quote: Aura24
I'll be going to TRU Saturday to try this game out. I hope they have Spyro there to play as.

Also, Planet XBox 360 took a look at Skylanders and mentions Patrick Warburton playing as 'an overconfident, cocky pilot who agrees to help you rescue someone – as long as he gets the credit'. The only pilot seen so far is Flynn, the character who takes you to different areas in Skylands.

http://www.planetxbox360.com/a...venture_Preview

I know who.

Yes, that is Flynn. You rescue someone, I can't remember her name, but she's the same species as he is. I think he's meant to have a crush on her.

Can't comment on the voice, they had no speakers on them smilie

Also, what sonicbrawler182 said.

lol I can already imagine Patrick Warburton voicing Flynn. :3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#504 Posted: 02:56:04 07/10/2011
I guess I just have an inferiority complex, then...
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#505 Posted: 04:09:55 07/10/2011
I'm 23 and I have no shame walking down the toy aisles for Pokemon and ponies >:3
The world won't end if someone gives you a weird look, they might just think "huh," and then everyone moves on with their day. The only person who will dwell on the situation is you, as long as you still worry about it.

And speaking of voices, Stump Smash's voice (in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOgKD1a2pd4) kind of reminds me of Kevin Michael Richardson (IMDB profile here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724656/), but the voice seems higher than how he usually sounds.
---
#all Spyros are valid
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#506 Posted: 09:56:13 07/10/2011
If you're that bothered about buying 'childish' stuff, just say it's for your niece or younger brother or something. Done. I for one don't give a crap about what anyone thinks of me.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#507 Posted: 11:00:43 07/10/2011
Quote: Okaps
I'm 23 and I have no shame walking down the toy aisles for Pokemon and ponies >:3
The world won't end if someone gives you a weird look, they might just think "huh," and then everyone moves on with their day. The only person who will dwell on the situation is you, as long as you still worry about it.

This.
Everytime I go to a shopping centre, I would always look in a toy store. But only if I'm on my own or with my bf. I have learned to ignore people around me who I don't know.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#508 Posted: 11:08:25 07/10/2011
Looks like Skylanders will be getting children's books:

Quote: booktrade.info
Another brand set to be a major phenomenon among boys aged 6 to 12 is Skylanders, a cross-platform video game which launches globally this autumn. Sunbird is hugely confident about this new brand and will be publishing all accompanying books. The game evolves around Skyland which has been taken over by evil. The player's job is to rid the world of evil with the help of his friends. Skylanders is a game changer for the video game world as it combines collectible figurines and gameplay in one.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#509 Posted: 11:54:52 07/10/2011
Wouldn't be the first time as there was those magna from the classics
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#510 Posted: 13:12:55 07/10/2011
I don't get the fuss over adults and teens buying 'kid's stuff'. You like what you like, and you have right ot enjoy them, and anyone who thinks less of you or gives you a hard time (in a non joking manner) for something as inconsequencial as playing children's video games is clarly no friend of yours and so thier opinions of you don't really matter.

I know, but it's still quite awkward.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#511 Posted: 15:38:08 07/10/2011
Quote: CAV
I guess I just have an inferiority complex, then...

Actually, you're much closer to having a superiority complex, like I once said before. smilie

What you are displaying here isn't an inferiority complex, but rather, too much self conciousness.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#512 Posted: 16:01:57 07/10/2011
Quote: dark52

Another brand set to be a major phenomenon among boys aged 6 to 12 is Skylanders, a cross-platform video game which launches globally this autumn. Sunbird is hugely confident about this new brand and will be publishing all accompanying books. The game evolves around Skyland which has been taken over by evil. The player's job is to rid the world of evil with the help of his friends. Skylanders is a game changer for the video game world as it combines collectible figurines and gameplay in one.

O h my gosh... I guess it's to be expected, Skylanders definitely has the potential for it. Anyone recall the coloring pages from way back when? It was only the beginning of extra merchandising.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#513 Posted: 17:08:02 07/10/2011
Quote:
among boys

smilie This displeases me.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#514 Posted: 17:12:44 07/10/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
Quote:
among boys

Same here.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#515 Posted: 18:15:52 07/10/2011
Quote: dark52

.....Im 13..Im call me crazy but Im getting the books.

Quote: Jackson117
Wouldn't be the first time as there was those magna from the classics

In japan? Damn it, I wanna go but I can't...Damn transplant...
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#516 Posted: 18:41:09 07/10/2011
Spyro manga? I do believe you guys might be thinking of the comics and art from the Japanese strategy guides. To my knowledge, he was never popular enough for a full manga.

But color me excited for the Skylanders books. That sounds awesome!
#517 Posted: 19:00:19 07/10/2011
Quote: alicecarp
Quote:
among boys

Same here.

It should be KIDS. DX Gahhhhh

But the book idea intrigues me.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#518 Posted: 19:04:50 07/10/2011
Skylanders TV spot is now showed at German TV and Skylanders Spyro has the german voice actor from TLOS Sparx..Its really weird xD
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
FlamingSheep Yellow Sparx Gems: 1041
#519 Posted: 19:27:15 07/10/2011
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Quote: alicecarp

Same here.

It should be KIDS. DX Gahhhhh

But the book idea intrigues me.

Same here as the above .I agree with you the book Idea sounds fantastic and why not just make it gender- neutral and say KIDS.
I also believe there was no Spyro manga like Razz said just Strategy guides and a Japanese exclusive story of origin in the Spyro 1 manual is drawn in comic style.Thats all your find of Spyro on Yahoo Japan etc no manga.Just not muchSpyro stuff.
Anyways Liking Spyro's new voice it just lacks a little enthusiam? but still cool.
Not sure about Gill grunt though.
Ghost Roaster looks interesting as well smilie.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#520 Posted: 19:35:52 07/10/2011
I rather hate that the toy companies are still trapped in the 50s with their demographic sense. I'm glad TfB remembered that girls like games like Skylanders, but it bites that their marketing teams forgot. smilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#521 Posted: 19:40:48 07/10/2011
Apparently, there is going to be an exclusive look at Skylanders tomorrow morning on Nickelodeon during Penguins of Madagascar.

What's this about a demo at TRU?
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:33 07/10/2011 by Fireball
#522 Posted: 19:41:26 07/10/2011
Indeed...

I feel the same way about Pokemon, personally.

Japanese advertisements/info videos for Black and White (before they were released in Japan) showed young boys and girls playing the games, and even parents by the look of it.

McDonald's does a Black and White promotion in America...for boys. Think there were other cases of Black and White being considered 'for boys' by marketing as well.

Seriously...what.
#523 Posted: 19:49:10 07/10/2011
And yet, Sonic games have found a way to please girls, via Classic Sonic. smilie

It's funny, because I always seen Spyro as more appealing to girls than Sonic or Mario.
---
#524 Posted: 20:24:23 07/10/2011
Quote: XSparxX
Skylanders TV spot is now showed at German TV and Skylanders Spyro has the german voice actor from TLOS Sparx..Its really weird xD

Do you have a video of this German TV spot.
---
#525 Posted: 20:37:28 07/10/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
And yet, Sonic games have found a way to please girls, via Classic Sonic. smilie

It's funny, because I always seen Spyro as more appealing to girls than Sonic or Mario.

I've never seen Spyro to be like that, I thought it was more for boys than anything else, when I was a child I used to talk about Spyro in Primary School and nearly all the boys would know about the game, and there was only one girl who knew about it, lol. It's amusing how I can remember most memories from Primary, more than Secondary.
---
FlamingSheep Yellow Sparx Gems: 1041
#526 Posted: 20:38:23 07/10/2011
Quote: Razz
I rather hate that the toy companies are still trapped in the 50s with their demographic sense. I'm glad TfB remembered that girls like games like Skylanders, but it bites that their marketing teams forgot. smilie

Speaking of 1950s this reminds me of the Rose Petal Cottage advert that was advertised a few years ago and that's aweful...
Talking of Pokemon while their good at advertising the video games,toys and trading cards on on the other hand are ranked as for boys. My mum wouldn't originally let me have pokemon cards saying "thats for boys you should like girls things" when I was about 5 or 6.
In Japan I believe they sometimes put some Pokemon Center toys and other stuff split into two gender catergories at times: girls "cute" "Sweet" Pokemon(often with signs like hearts) and boys "tough","cool" Pokemon such as some of the legendaries.

However what they did in the Skylanders game and commercial was real good with the inclusion of girls in at least one commercial and the inclusion of more female characters. Which were lacking oddily in the original Spyro games e.g No ADULT female dragons to save or see in 1-3(A few other female characters though especially in two and three) and a lack of in TLOS except...Cynder.
The Spyro issue doesn't bother me that much though its just rather odd.
I swear though back when I think the first Spyro mobile game came out it said in a poll that the game was highly popular with the female audience.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#527 Posted: 20:39:13 07/10/2011
Classic Spyro I always as more appealing for boys, LoS for girls (sorry, only my opinion)!

But overall, suitable for both.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#528 Posted: 20:43:14 07/10/2011
Quote: XSparxX

Do you have a video of this German TV spot.

Its the Boomtime TV spot with german voices.
---
#529 Posted: 20:46:22 07/10/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
Classic Spyro I always as more appealing for boys, LoS for girls (sorry, only my opinion)!

But overall, suitable for both.

I can actually see what you mean, that thought has come across my mind before about LoS, since most users I've seen on YouTube that are a fan of LoS were female, I blocked them in the end as their LoS-ness was getting annoying.
---
#530 Posted: 21:16:41 07/10/2011
Quote: Fireball
Apparently, there is going to be an exclusive look at Skylanders tomorrow morning on Nickelodeon during Penguins of Madagascar.

What's this about a demo at TRU?

Oh yeah I heard about that. I'll be sure to record it for you guys.

TRU is allowing us to play full-game demo for Skylanders starting tomorrow.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#531 Posted: 21:19:41 07/10/2011
Any specific time? My mom says she might take me. smilie
---
#532 Posted: 21:21:34 07/10/2011
Any specific time? My mom says she might take me. smilie

Who knows? Possibly all day tomorrow.
---
#533 Posted: 21:22:00 07/10/2011
I sure hope so. smilie
---
#534 Posted: 21:34:26 07/10/2011
Actually, you're much closer to having a superiority complex, like I once said before. smilie

Online where I don't trip on my words, yes. smilie

But IRL, I'm one of those really shy, timid kids that sits in the back corner of the classroom and rarely talks to anyone.

........And he falls asleep in class sometimes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:33 07/10/2011 by CAV
#535 Posted: 21:39:14 07/10/2011

But IRL, I'm one of those really shy, timid kids that sits in the back corner of the classroom and rarely talks to anyone.

Oh yes. But I'm getting out of it now, gradually.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:36 07/10/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#536 Posted: 21:43:42 07/10/2011

........And he falls asleep in class sometimes.

I still wouldn't call that an inferiority complex. Don't worry, you're not quite there yet. smilie
---
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#537 Posted: 22:47:59 07/10/2011
Books now? Man, they really ARE going to end up trying to milk every cent out of it.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#538 Posted: 23:06:11 07/10/2011
Wonder if we'll get Skylander Happy Meal toys and plushies next? Heh.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#539 Posted: 23:42:12 07/10/2011
I will Skylanders plushies!
---
#540 Posted: 23:43:52 07/10/2011
I suspect Skylanders toys will be coming to McDonalds next. :3
---
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#541 Posted: 00:13:44 08/10/2011
Quote: IsisStormDragon
Indeed...

I feel the same way about Pokemon, personally.

Japanese advertisements/info videos for Black and White (before they were released in Japan) showed young boys and girls playing the games, and even parents by the look of it.

McDonald's does a Black and White promotion in America...for boys. Think there were other cases of Black and White being considered 'for boys' by marketing as well.

Seriously...what.

I remember that. I just find that weird considering Pokemon is meant for both genders. All the girls ever get are stupid dolls. How sexist of them. <<
---
Read my GB.
#542 Posted: 00:58:57 08/10/2011
If plushes happened, I'd be first in line for a Sonic Boom plush.

I suspect Skylanders toys will be coming to McDonalds next. :3

I won't be surprised in the slightest.

It'd be ****ing awesome if they gave an actual toy of a Skylander. One that works in the game. But McDs is too cheap.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#543 Posted: 03:12:11 08/10/2011
Agreed with CAV.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#544 Posted: 04:03:24 08/10/2011
I emailed TFB a while back asking if they had plans on making plush of the characters, and this what they said:

Quote:
Right this minute, there are no plans to make larger toys for this game. My hope is that Skylanders gets popular enough that we end up making plush toys for some of these characters. There are a few I personally would love to have.

So... if the game is as successful as they're hyping it up to be, we can hope to see some! If it flops - learn to sew >:3

And, I'd love to see a Skylanders kids meal promo. Spyro has been pretty lucky with kids meal toys compared to other video games, (he got 3 promos so far, right?). Like, little action figures or light up toys, they'd be really cute.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#545 Posted: 08:35:11 08/10/2011
Skylanders cereal toys.

Just sayin'.
---
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#546 Posted: 09:58:16 08/10/2011
omg..a DROBOT PLUSHIE!
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#547 Posted: 10:09:05 08/10/2011
Skylanders cereal toys.

Just sayin'.

That would be cool, but do cereals still come with toys? I haven't seen any in a while.
SpyroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1592
#548 Posted: 10:14:47 08/10/2011
They do. smilie
---
"Breathe, Sparx old boy...go to your happy place."
(Steam, Skype: SpyroGuy; Youtube: Sonic06FanReturns)
#549 Posted: 10:30:14 08/10/2011
Cereals these days even come with books.

Skylanders cereal books.

Just sayin'.
---
#550 Posted: 11:47:20 08/10/2011
If this game's really good, I may well run the risk of bankruptcy with all the potential merchandising. If NOTHING else, I'll get a Spyro Shirt, Spyro plush (I've wanted on for years), and maybe plushies of some other characters too.
---
First | Previous | Page 11 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me