darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011)
First | Previous | Page 42 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49 50
Everything we know about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (17/09/2011) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#2051 Posted: 05:07:44 07/01/2012
Thanks for posting those AWESOME videos Aura24!!!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2052 Posted: 05:20:04 07/01/2012
The official Skylanders page released a short FAQ Q&A:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/...337414406283722

As everyone is noticing, Skylanders is very popular at the moment. We know many of our fans are having a difficult time finding the Skylanders they want at their local stores. The team at Activision is doing everything we can to keep them in stock. We appreciate your support and patience. We hope the following helps to answer your questions.

Q: When are Cynder and Whirlwind being released?
A: Starting in mid-January, new Skylanders are being released across the world, including Cynder and Whirlwind.

Q: When will the Skylanders I want be available in my country?/Where can I buy hard to find Skylanders?
A: More Skylanders will be making their way to retailer shelves across the world. With that said, not all Skylanders are available yet. Keep checking in with your local retailers to find the latest Skylanders.

Q: Are some characters only available at specific stores?
A: Yes, some Skylanders are only available at specific retail chains.

Q: Will there be a Skylanders sequel?
A: Activision has not yet announced plans to release a sequel.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#2053 Posted: 05:36:13 07/01/2012
Activision don't give a crap
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2054 Posted: 06:25:53 07/01/2012
Quote: Aura24
The official Skylanders page released a short FAQ Q&A:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/...337414406283722

As everyone is noticing, Skylanders is very popular at the moment. We know many of our fans are having a difficult time finding the Skylanders they want at their local stores. The team at Activision is doing everything we can to keep them in stock. We appreciate your support and patience. We hope the following helps to answer your questions.

A: Starting in mid-January, new Skylanders are being released across the world, including Cynder and Whirlwind.

Q: When will the Skylanders I want be available in my country?/Where can I buy hard to find Skylanders?
A: More Skylanders will be making their way to retailer shelves across the world. With that said, not all Skylanders are available yet. Keep checking in with your local retailers to find the latest Skylanders.

Q: Are some characters only available at specific stores?
A: Yes, some Skylanders are only available at specific retail chains.

A: Activision has not yet announced plans to release a sequel.

Activision be trollin' again.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#2055 Posted: 13:49:14 07/01/2012
So when should we start looking for new ones? And which store is the best to find wave 3?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:53:28 07/01/2012 by joseph235
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2056 Posted: 14:13:22 07/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
So when should we start looking for new ones? And which store is the best to find wave 3?

the january 19th at wallmart... set up your tent and sleep outside at least two days before that date, expect a lot of scalpers, so dont forget the baseball bat...
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 14:21:16 07/01/2012 by kappapopm
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#2057 Posted: 15:51:44 07/01/2012

That's all I need to know. The 15th it is!
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#2058 Posted: 18:22:40 07/01/2012
So, is whirlwind in Canada or not?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#2059 Posted: 18:38:21 07/01/2012
did anyone else know that the undead element skulls glow o.o they glow in the dark its cool
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#2060 Posted: 19:03:31 07/01/2012
Quote: dragonmk
did anyone else know that the undead element skulls glow o.o they glow in the dark its cool

And stealth elf's eyes and daggers glow to but, not as bright.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:53 07/01/2012 by spyrocrash
mastercynder Ripto Gems: 55
#2061 Posted: 19:04:13 07/01/2012
como esta
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#2062 Posted: 01:41:36 08/01/2012
HA! THAT IS SO SO SO SO SO SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just happy they're releasing some new skylanders. Countin the days til Janurary 15th!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#2063 Posted: 22:23:13 08/01/2012
Beast team (downwards)

(Sky dk),(gg), (
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#2064 Posted: 22:27:14 08/01/2012
^...what?
#2065 Posted: 22:31:09 08/01/2012
I think the new user here is trying to use the Skylander icons.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#2066 Posted: 22:32:10 08/01/2012
Alright then
evilcd Red Sparx Gems: 16
#2067 Posted: 02:42:45 09/01/2012
and, how do you now?
---
i have [smilie][][][smilie][smilie][][][]
fav [smiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie]
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2068 Posted: 04:05:37 09/01/2012
Quote: evilcd
and, how do you now?

Since you asked: Most of the new users here, have some trouble figuring out how to put the skylander emoticons in their sig. So, sometimes when they try to make the attempt a mistake here or there is more likely to happen.

Plus, the gg more then likely stands for gillgrunt smilie . . .I highly doubt the new user is saying "Good Game".
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:30 09/01/2012 by Zackeio
#2069 Posted: 07:07:52 09/01/2012
And almost all of the new users ask the same question.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2070 Posted: 12:13:31 09/01/2012
Honestly, jo, your comment is a heck of a lot more negative than Aura's last one, given that her last was just a general statement and the only person reading it as negative is you.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2071 Posted: 12:34:30 09/01/2012
I always say to my kids to be a part of the solution, not the problem.

Is there a way we can make a closed sticky thread called "How to add Skylander pics to your signature" (or words to that effect)?

I perceive that this will help quell the constant questions (of which one was mine, several months ago) as it is more overt than the lateral thinking required to select the Help Files link on the hopeful premise (to a forum newbie) that it may contain the answer.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2072 Posted: 12:40:50 09/01/2012
If you mean the little character icons of the Skylanders, that should be explained in the "help" section, though dark52 might not have added them to the site yet or updated the custom smilies list. If you're talking about adding images to a post, you just click the "image" icon above the reply field and insert a link to the picture you want to post between the two tags (you'll have to host the image on a different site like Photobucket or ImageShack to do this, though). smilie
#2073 Posted: 12:47:23 09/01/2012
I meant the little char icons which are explained in the Help section but I perceive that most people don't make the lateral leap and connect the possibility of them being explained in this section.

I reckon that a sticky thread on this (even if it merely referred to the Help section) would dispel many of the questions from new forum users as it is explicit and does not rely on the user making the connection.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#2074 Posted: 18:07:57 09/01/2012
Quote: Razz
Honestly, jo, your comment is a heck of a lot more negative than Aura's last one, given that her last was just a general statement and the only person reading it as negative is you.

Let me guess, joseph said something negative about me again, once again didn't fully understand my comment and deem it as negative, and dark52 deleted his comment?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:35 09/01/2012 by Aura24
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2075 Posted: 18:18:52 09/01/2012
From Facebook:

"Click "Like" if you're ready to brave the cold weather in the Empire of Ice Adventure Pack!"
#2076 Posted: 18:21:06 09/01/2012
Nothing much new about that, just a heads up picture of Empire of Ice.
---
#2077 Posted: 18:37:04 09/01/2012
If I'm not mistaken, this actually is the first time they've mentioned that Empire of Ice existed, but that's only what's new, not what's significant. If we use the same timetable that we did for Hex and the others when Facebook officially signified their existence, it should be in players' hands by the end of the week at earliest, and the rumored date of the 15th at latest. A minor update, but a significant one nonetheless.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2078 Posted: 18:40:46 09/01/2012
Well, I recall they did show us the Camo trailer, but Camo is far from being released though... So even though Empire of Ice is out on the 15th, I won't count on the FB page to confirm.
#2079 Posted: 18:42:08 09/01/2012
We got a Camo trailer, but nobody asked "Are you ready for Camo?!"

In any case, we should know when the characters become available for rent on SSU that they're on their way to stores.

Edit: Also, I can assure you it's not going to be the 15th. That's just an estimated date, but they'll stock the figures when they get them, and there's virtually no way that the shipments arrive in every store, nationwide, on the exact same day. It's highly unlikely that we won't see a couple popping up here and there before they're everywhere. Happened before, for the same reason (shipping logistics), and we have no logical reason to conclude it won't happen this time. They should be in stores, at earliest, this weekend, and I stand by that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:54 09/01/2012 by Tashiji
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#2080 Posted: 23:28:33 09/01/2012
It would be nice if wave 3 was distributed 1 or 2 of each skylander and levels per person. Untill the the next stock comes in. That way we would all stand a better chance at getting what we want plus it would sop those pesky scammers on ebay.It probably wont happen but it would also take the chaos down a tad. I'm gonna go to eb games and see if they have any plans.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2081 Posted: 00:08:42 10/01/2012
Skylanders posted the video for Slam Bam about an hour ago on their Google+ page.

If you take a close look, you'll spot some scenes from Empire of Ice which feature what looks to be some sort of cyclops or dare I say..Gnorc looking creatures and Ice variations of the Gnasher creatures.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#2082 Posted: 00:18:26 10/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
It probably wont happen but it would also take the chaos down a tad.

I beg your pardon, why would I need to be taken down? smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2083 Posted: 01:22:34 10/01/2012

A: Activision has not yet announced plans to release a sequel.[/i]

It'll happen eventually.
#2084 Posted: 04:54:06 10/01/2012
Yes, it will happen eventually.

http://www.fool.com/investing/...n-blizzard.aspx

If this franchise alone can cause Activision's already stellar stock to "pop," then you better believe sequel development is well ahead of even our wildest estimates. Just wait until E3. If it's not there, in some capacity, I'll eat my hat.
#2085 Posted: 04:55:14 10/01/2012
Activision just released another full version of the Beginning Trailer with some new scenes added:

---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#2086 Posted: 05:06:17 10/01/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Yes, it will happen eventually.

http://www.fool.com/investing/...n-blizzard.aspx

If this franchise alone can cause Activision's already stellar stock to "pop," then you better believe sequel development is well ahead of even our wildest estimates. Just wait until E3. If it's not there, in some capacity, I'll eat my hat.

Honestly, the $ that activision is making off of skylanders will pale in comparison to Diablo3 whenever it comes out this year. I hate to break it to all of you, while this is a great game and a good money maker for activision, D3 will power activision much farther and for longer than skylanders or its sequel.

D3 will sell for $50 - $60 and will have a Real Money Auction House that activision will get a cut of on every single item that is sold through the auction house. Then if you choose to "cash out" via paypal, activision will take a cut of that as well. If you are unaware of how expensive items can be, back when the expansion pack for D2 was released, there were ebay auctions for items in game that sold for over $1000.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#2087 Posted: 05:18:55 10/01/2012
D3 won't get the brand any media recognition whatsoever, though. All the DLC downloads, all of everything, will happen completely off the radar, and pop culture awareness of the game will be scarcely higher than zero. Not only that, I'm not so sure you're right. Keep in mind the Skylanders merchandise, such as shirts, posters, perhaps a TV show (which would be exceptionally lucrative), and all the other perks the series has going for it that Diablo 3 just can't.

However, that's neither here nor there. From a marketing perspective, keeping stock high isn't about the strength of a single product, but sustaining multiple successful products simultaneously. Regardless of which ultimately sells more, Activision corners different sections of the market with each, and the continuation of both series will be a focal point for them going forward.
#2088 Posted: 05:39:45 10/01/2012
D3 won't get the brand any media recognition whatsoever, though. All the DLC downloads, all of everything, will happen completely off the radar, and pop culture awareness of the game will be scarcely higher than zero. Not only that, I'm not so sure you're right. Keep in mind the Skylanders merchandise, such as shirts, posters, perhaps a TV show (which would be exceptionally lucrative), and all the other perks the series has going for it that Diablo 3 just can't.

However, that's neither here nor there. From a marketing perspective, keeping stock high isn't about the strength of a single product, but sustaining multiple successful products simultaneously. Regardless of which ultimately sells more, Activision corners different sections of the market with each, and the continuation of both series will be a focal point for them going forward.

LOL!!!!!!!

R U serious? D3 isnt even out yet but I can get t-shirts, hats, calanders, etal for it now. D3 will have expansion packs and what not and yea, it will make international noise. I am the farthest from a spyro fan as I have never played any other spyro game. However, when a company holds its own convention and one product commands the majority of the time at this convention, it will make some serious bank. Just how much of Blizzcon 2011 was about Wow and how much was about SC2 and how much was D3? I mean really, D2 is over 12 years old now and there are still tens of thousands of people still playing it on battle.net east alone. The game still sells in stores for $50! Can you honestly say that skylanders will still be selling in stores in 12 years?
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#2089 Posted: 05:47:04 10/01/2012
D3 is proof that no matter how little people think of Activision, the Blizzard arm will continue to do what they have always done - deliver amazing product which gets raved about in their own sweet, unrushed time.

Tashiji is correct that in the bigger picture both SL and D3 are merely means to a corporate end.

However, Monsinour is also correct that Diablo is a juggernaut franchise that Skylanders will take a long time to realise, if it ever does.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#2090 Posted: 05:49:28 10/01/2012
... Yeah, because a little bit of inconsequential Diablo 3 merchandise is really going to be an equivalent for the Skylanders marketing juggernaut... Most people who play D3 won't even buy that stuff. It's not even about collecting things in the real world, it has a completely different focus, and the two markets don't intersect at all. Not only that, Skylanders have probably already outsold the entire revenue of D3 t-shirts, hats, calendars, and coffee mugs, for the life of the franchise.

There's not going to be a D3 craze when it comes out. It's not made, packaged, or sold, with the intention of starting a craze. Diablo 3 is going to make major money, for sure, but no one knows the future, and that goes for you as well. Nothing is a foregone conclusion. This debate isn't even a debate, it's a matter of the proof being in the pudding, and that's what I'm arguing for. We can never assume what Activision values more, for one, unless they tell us. Secondly, the two games aren't competing for shelf space OR sequel development. Finally, like I said, Activision wants to sustain multiple franchises, and Diablo 3's success or failure has nothing to do with the virtually guaranteed Skylanders sequel. I'm nobody to judge what will sell more, and neither are you. All I'm saying is, Skylanders has more pop culture stock today than D3 ever will, and the good will generated by that is something which may benefit the company more than something tangible like money.
#2091 Posted: 05:50:35 10/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
D3 is proof that no matter how little people think of Activision, the Blizzard arm will continue to do what they have always done - deliver amazing product which gets raved about in their own sweet, unrushed time.

Tashiji is correct that in the bigger picture both SL and D3 are merely means to a corporate end.

However, Monsinour is also correct that Diablo is a juggernaut franchise that Skylanders will take a long time to realise, if it ever does.

Thanks for that vote of confidence. BTW, I have seen the D3 calander this past weekend at the mall. It has all kinds of concept art in it. It even has my background from my laptop in it. Almost got the thing, but some of the images would have been too scary for my kids.
---
My kids own :
#2092 Posted: 05:53:24 10/01/2012
... Yeah, because a little bit of inconsequential Diablo 3 merchandise is really going to be an equivalent for the Skylanders marketing juggernaut... Most people who play D3 won't even buy that stuff. It's not even about collecting things in the real world, it has a completely different focus, and the two markets don't intersect at all. Not only that, Skylanders have probably already outsold the entire revenue of D3 t-shirts, hats, calendars, and coffee mugs, for the life of the franchise.

There's not going to be a D3 craze when it comes out. It's not made, packaged, or sold, with the intention of starting a craze. Diablo 3 is going to make major money, for sure, but no one knows the future, and that goes for you as well. Nothing is a foregone conclusion. This debate isn't even a debate, it's a matter of the proof being in the pudding, and that's what I'm arguing for. We can never assume what Activision values more, for one, unless they tell us. Secondly, the two games aren't competing for shelf space OR sequel development. Finally, like I said, Activision wants to sustain multiple franchises, and Diablo 3's success or failure has nothing to do with the virtually guaranteed Skylanders sequel. I'm nobody to judge what will sell more, and neither are you. All I'm saying is, Skylanders has more pop culture stock today than D3 ever will, and the good will generated by that is something which may benefit the company more than something tangible like money.

The only proof I can provide that D3 is and will always be far superior to skylanders is that you will never, EVER see Justin Beiber playing D3 in a photo on the internet with the intent to boost sales.

The D3 craze has already started and is continuing to snowball since they delayed its release last november.
---
My kids own :
#2093 Posted: 05:54:15 10/01/2012
Yes, I would never deny that Diablo 3 is a juggernaut franchise, but its target audience is PC gamers--the most underrepresented demographic in the public eye, by far. Skylanders may not have an established following yet, but Diablo 3 will be in and out of the public eye in about a week, regardless of how high sales stay after that. Don't believe me? ... Well, the latest Call of Duty craze blew over pretty fast, and that's a more marketable game on media-friendly consoles. Skylanders gets the Activision name out in the public eye in a way that Diablo, massive user base or not, simply can't.
#2094 Posted: 06:08:04 10/01/2012
Yes, I would never deny that Diablo 3 is a juggernaut franchise, but its target audience is PC gamers--the most underrepresented demographic in the public eye, by far. Skylanders may not have an established following yet, but Diablo 3 will be in and out of the public eye in about a week, regardless of how high sales stay after that. Don't believe me? ... Well, the latest Call of Duty craze blew over pretty fast, and that's a more marketable game on media-friendly consoles. Skylanders gets the Activision name out in the public eye in a way that Diablo, massive user base or not, simply can't.

A quick search on google news returns these results :

Diablo 3 = 1560 results
Skylanders = 162 results

Seems a little high for a game that hasnt been released right? LOL

I agree that the target demographic is not nearly close. However, D3's target audience actually has control over how much is spent on items and the game itself where as the vast majority of the skylanders target audience has to ask mom or dad to get them stuff. D3 will make news and every single expansion pack and patch makes news.

Don't get me wrong, skylanders is great for activision. But I assure you the board members at activision are far more concerned about how D3 does than how skylanders does.
---
My kids own :
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2095 Posted: 13:54:26 10/01/2012
i made a skylanders wallpaper for the pc and ps3...

go grab it here...
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44251
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:55:46 10/01/2012 by kappapopm
#2096 Posted: 23:28:58 10/01/2012
Details on the Skylanders iPhone:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app...&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
---
#2097 Posted: 23:30:07 10/01/2012

Hum... Aura it's not the official app, it's someone on the forum that did it, but still it is nice
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#2098 Posted: 23:36:15 10/01/2012

Yeah, that's not official. Sadly.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#2099 Posted: 23:36:50 10/01/2012
Oh, it looked official though.
---
#2100 Posted: 23:37:15 10/01/2012
Yeah looks like a pretty good work.
First | Previous | Page 42 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me