Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders Revealed
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 10:03:56 08/09/2011 | Topic Creator
The official Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure website has updated and revealed the names of all the remaining Skylanders. If the poster earlier this week wasn't big enough for you then here they all are...

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Spyro - Double Trouble

Wrecking Ball - Voodood

Slam Bam - Zap

Wham-Shell - Gill Grunt

Bash - Dino-Rang

Prism Break - Terrafin

Hex - Cynder

Chop Chop - Ghost Roaster

Ignitor - Sunburn

Flameslinger - Eruptor

Whirlwind - Warnado

Sonic Boom - Lightning Rod

Boomer - Drill Sergeant

Drobot - Trigger Happy

Camo - Stump Smash

Zook - Stealth Elf

Thanks go to Aura24 for spotting the update.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
dragmundis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5047
#2 Posted: 13:23:31 08/09/2011
Awesome! I'm still Surprised that Cynder is here. smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#3 Posted: 13:37:11 08/09/2011
Cynder looks exactly the same as in DOTD.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
haruhi97 Gold Sparx Gems: 2924
#4 Posted: 13:37:47 08/09/2011
Looks nicesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:38:24 08/09/2011 by haruhi97
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#5 Posted: 16:01:53 08/09/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Just a bit smaller.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#6 Posted: 16:04:07 08/09/2011
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Just a bit smaller.

Lol, that makes a great deal of difference.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#7 Posted: 16:49:31 08/09/2011
Some of the new ones look nice. If I get this game, I'm so getting Lightning Rod. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 16:50:34 08/09/2011
Lightning Rod looks like a cloud genie of some sort X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#9 Posted: 16:55:00 08/09/2011
OH, thank goodness! smilie I was SO wanting to see all these! Thanks for sharing! smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#10 Posted: 19:17:36 08/09/2011
Finally! All the names! Sunburn! smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#11 Posted: 21:31:39 08/09/2011
Things I notice... Wrecking Ball and Double Trouble have the same eyes and skin color... connection, maybe? Sunburn has only primary colors (smilie). You know what's funny? Terrafin was one of the first characters we heard of, and we still don't know his story. smilie And man, I miss the days when Cynder was black and not purple. smilie
---
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#12 Posted: 00:35:41 09/09/2011
Quote: SequoiaDragon
Things I notice... Wrecking Ball and Double Trouble have the same eyes and skin color... connection, maybe? Sunburn has only primary colors (smilie). You know what's funny? Terrafin was one of the first characters we heard of, and we still don't know his story. smilie And man, I miss the days when Cynder was black and not purple. smilie

More like pink...

I am surprised that Cynder's in there. It looks like she and the only other female (Another FEMALE?? LE GASP) are gonna be a team or something like that. Hex looks cool, though.
---
I is ded
#13 Posted: 00:56:22 09/09/2011
Quote: Dark_Spyro999
Quote: SequoiaDragon

More like pink...

I am surprised that Cynder's in there. It looks like she and the only other female (Another FEMALE?? LE GASP) are gonna be a team or something like that. Hex looks cool, though.

Pink...? I wouldn't say she's pink, but her red parts are a little too pink-leaning for my idea of what is Cynderish. The characters have a tendency to look quite a bit different in gameplay than in their toys... let's hope Cynder's blacker and redder in play. smilie
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#14 Posted: 02:01:13 09/09/2011
"Only other female"? Let's see, we've got Hex, Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, and Whirlwind confirmed as female besides Cynder. Am I missing something?
#15 Posted: 02:11:24 09/09/2011
Quote: Razz
"Only other female"? Let's see, we've got Hex, Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, and Whirlwind confirmed as female besides Cynder. Am I missing something?

I wondered about that too, but I had to walk away from the computer before I could type that question. smilie Still, I have to admit they are pretty outnumbered, the ladies.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#16 Posted: 04:36:57 09/09/2011
They're outnumbered, but they're getting a better representation than usual in a game, which is nice. It beats LoS, where there were literally only two females in the entire series.
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#17 Posted: 11:47:55 09/09/2011
They're outnumbered, but they're getting a better representation than usual in a game, which is nice. It beats LoS, where there were literally only two females in the entire series.

There were two?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#18 Posted: 12:47:48 09/09/2011
Dino-Rang kinda reminds me of Gnasty Gnorc but I doubt that be intentional.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
darkcynro Green Sparx Gems: 229
#19 Posted: 13:17:51 09/09/2011
lightning rod reminds me of zuse just sitting on that cloud holding a bolt of lighting in his hand
---
may the ancestors watch over you, may they watch over us all
JamesFakeman Platinum Sparx Gems: 6774
#20 Posted: 15:48:37 09/09/2011
Awesome!
---
-
Cynderstar12 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#21 Posted: 17:26:00 09/09/2011
This sounds so wierd.... Cynder's got boobs! xD
---
I feel fired up, Bob!
#22 Posted: 17:29:23 09/09/2011
Lightning rod, clearly Zeus. :3
---
I feel fired up, Bob!
Salizaar Green Sparx Gems: 339
#23 Posted: 20:45:33 09/09/2011
Camo's eyes remind me of a solar eclipse xD
---
Stop licking the pelican!
my new pet adoptable site-http://www.dreamscape.myadopts.com/index.php
#24 Posted: 04:59:22 10/09/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
Dino-Rang kinda reminds me of Gnasty Gnorc but I doubt that be intentional.

I thought Voodood reminded me of a Gnorc.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#25 Posted: 18:13:43 10/09/2011

Wait, another female... DRAGON? Oh no, Oh no no no no no... (Man, quotes for every situation...)
#26 Posted: 18:15:03 10/09/2011
Don't start this again, Prysom. Whirlwind's been confirmed to be a female before you joined here.
---
#27 Posted: 20:46:11 10/09/2011
I <3 the amount of females in this game! smilie
---
I feel fired up, Bob!
#28 Posted: 20:48:52 10/09/2011
I'll give Toys for Bob and Activision this, at least they're adding more females into the game. If all these characters have pretty complex personalities this could give the opportunity for a big storyline.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#29 Posted: 21:26:54 10/09/2011
yay cynder is in skylanders smilie
---
Cool cool.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#30 Posted: 02:46:35 11/09/2011
What happened to that red dragon in the trailer?
#31 Posted: 02:56:31 11/09/2011
Quote: Darby
What happened to that red dragon in the trailer?

It isn't one of the Skylanders, it was kinda obvious. Like that other red dragon we saw, it's only a resident of Skylands.
---
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#32 Posted: 16:24:52 11/09/2011
Quote: Skorpion216

There were two?

Yes. Sparx' mom Nina and Cynder.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
PurpleEye Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#33 Posted: 16:47:17 12/09/2011
HOORAY! CYNDER'S IN IT! WHOO!
---
dat dog dance
PurpleEye Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#34 Posted: 16:57:10 12/09/2011
THAT MAKES MAH DAY! I'm getting Spyro, Cynder and Chop-Chop! Ther mah favrouites! smilie X smilie FOR EVA!
---
dat dog dance
darkcynro Green Sparx Gems: 229
#35 Posted: 13:12:03 14/09/2011
Quote: PurpleEye
THAT MAKES MAH DAY! I'm getting Spyro, Cynder and Chop-Chop! Ther mah favrouites! smilie X smilie FOR EVA!

really becouse i am getting spyro cynder and hex and maybe ignitor
---
may the ancestors watch over you, may they watch over us all
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#36 Posted: 19:54:09 19/09/2011
Drill Sergeant? His personality better be military-like or I'll throw a hissy fit. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#37 Posted: 20:06:47 19/09/2011
It's said by Alex Ness in a Q&A interview that Lightning Rod prides himself on being the most macho of all the other storm giants in Skylands. His autobiography entitled “Rod the Bod” has sold over 1 million copies – mostly to himself.

Link: http://www.kidzworld.com/artic...adventure-qanda
---
Silvery Green Sparx Gems: 353
#38 Posted: 00:34:44 20/09/2011
[User Posted Image]

I know these characters are supposed to be at least somewhat antropomorphic, but they went too far with this one... Why does a dragon => lizard have BREASTS?
I think the designers got totally mixed up with lizards and mammals... I feel ashamed that any character in Spyro would be twisted in this manner, let alone the 2nd most important character of the entire LoS series. smilie

Also, regarding Spyro, who gave his name to this game...

[User Posted Image]

Don't want to come out as a hater, but the last "Spyro" looks nothing like the first three. Spyro has till now always been a very... humane character by his soul (eyes, expression) but in Skylanders there has been such an attempt on making him look like a cute, clawy kitten (complete with the animalistic sounds) that he doesn't just feel like the same character. In fact, he doesn't feel like a character at all, but more like a pet.

I agree the new design is cute and all in the "aww-how-cute-hissy-fit-kitty" way, but that just isn't the Spyro I've come to know, not the classic nor the LoS Spyro.

I also acknowledge that the toy-game connection idea in Skylanders is nice and all, but I don't see why they would have to make changes to Spyro as a franchise (such as cancelling the LoS movie) due to this game, supposed to be nothing more than a spin-off or a separate game that pays tribute to the Spyro franchise by having its characters in it (in a way like Smash Bros does with Nintendo chars).

If my explanations are hard to comprehend, I'll try to word it in another way. Until then, I hope you understand my rational arguments and don't dismiss me as a class-/LoStard.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 00:51:29 20/09/2011 by Silvery
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#39 Posted: 00:49:30 20/09/2011
How many times did someone post about this? I can't count.
#40 Posted: 00:53:34 20/09/2011
...So when many people agree about something, they are automatically possessed by one hive mind and as such should only be allowed to post about it once as a collective? smilie
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#41 Posted: 00:57:03 20/09/2011
It's more that we already know it, it's pointless to state it again and gain, unless you bring some new interesting points.

About Cynder, we got only ONE picture of her, so maybe these are not breast, they might be scales with a bad camera angle... We don't know yet.
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#42 Posted: 00:58:03 20/09/2011
Silvery's signature makes me laugh. smilie
---
Read my GB.
#43 Posted: 01:46:29 20/09/2011
@Silvery
Heard it all before, same exact whiny drama... Yawn..
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#44 Posted: 01:59:09 20/09/2011
Quote: Aura24
@Silvery
Heard it all before, same exact whiny drama... Yawn..

^ This.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:12 20/09/2011 by LevanJess
Blayze Gold Sparx Gems: 2299
#45 Posted: 05:53:47 20/09/2011
Quote: Silvery
[User Posted Image]

I know these characters are supposed to be at least somewhat antropomorphic, but they went too far with this one... Why does a dragon => lizard have BREASTS?
I think the designers got totally mixed up with lizards and mammals... I feel ashamed that any character in Spyro would be twisted in this manner, let alone the 2nd most important character of the entire LoS series. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Don't want to come out as a hater, but the last "Spyro" looks nothing like the first three. Spyro has till now always been a very... humane character by his soul (eyes, expression) but in Skylanders there has been such an attempt on making him look like a cute, clawy kitten (complete with the animalistic sounds) that he doesn't just feel like the same character. In fact, he doesn't feel like a character at all, but more like a pet.

I agree the new design is cute and all in the "aww-how-cute-hissy-fit-kitty" way, but that just isn't the Spyro I've come to know, not the classic nor the LoS Spyro.

I also acknowledge that the toy-game connection idea in Skylanders is nice and all, but I don't see why they would have to make changes to Spyro as a franchise (such as cancelling the LoS movie) due to this game, supposed to be nothing more than a spin-off or a separate game that pays tribute to the Spyro franchise by having its characters in it (in a way like Smash Bros does with Nintendo chars).

If my explanations are hard to comprehend, I'll try to word it in another way. Until then, I hope you understand my rational arguments and don't dismiss me as a class-/LoStard.

He looks like a lil beast kinda cute though! smilie
---
I'm wearing lots of belts..... for no reason at all ~Jinx
#46 Posted: 09:56:09 20/09/2011
What I can't see is that where exactly you came to the conclusion that if a lot of people whine about something, it just means the fandom has lots of whiny fans rather than that the dictator of the franchise doing something genuinely outrageous, or at least radical enough so that people righteously disagree with it?

Why is it now so much in to think only positively of spyro getting entwined in Skylanders (and without any logical reasoning to that), and out to question it, even in the logical way I did? And on top of that, you even need to make fun of the questioner?

I do see that this game carries with it the respectable idea of recruiting new members to the fandom, but Activisions behaviour lets it known that they currently plan for this direction (not necessarily Skylanders, but the new "Spyro" in general) to be a permanent one, rather than just a spin-off (hence the cancelling of the movie).

@Reimu: Weren't my points about Spyro's "soul", and the mutual acknowledgment of his new design being cute, yet still not "Spyro", new then?

@Aura: I've already stated I liked both the classic and the LoS Spyro, so dismissing my dislike towards spyro in skylanders shouldn't be done with arguments like "people also hated LoS when it came out, now look at them" (referring to the convo we had on Youtube, I'm S3lvah). I've also had a long enough time to consider and research things, with my opinion not faltering, so I doubt it is only rushed emotion that makes this my opinion.

@Blayze: With all due respect, don't reply to my posts if you obviously don't read them through. smilie
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:25:22 20/09/2011 by Silvery
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#47 Posted: 21:01:53 20/09/2011
Now I know what a Skylanders hater is like.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#48 Posted: 22:19:28 20/09/2011
Quote: Silvery
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

OH MY GOODNESS... HE DOES LOOK LIKE A CAT!
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#49 Posted: 23:04:27 20/09/2011
....I don't find him CUTE or HANDSOME in any way. At least the other three Spyro's were at least SOMEWHAT attractive.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me