Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Names and Faces
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#51 Posted: 08:40:02 12/07/2011
Quote: SpyroSC
^ Besides sites like e-bay after the game comes out.

Perhaps in a couple of years, you may get someone who will want to sell the Dark Spyro figurine separately. If you're lucky that is.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#52 Posted: 21:35:05 12/07/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: Fireball

Not really.

A brick shuts up after a while.

Bricks don't talk. smilie

And if they don't talk, they don't repeat themselves.

Kids deserve a better Spyro game. The kind most of us would've played in our childhood. Mario is the same.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 21:37:56 12/07/2011
Skylanders is a Spyro spin-off game, Stevey. And it's already created for children, even though it's not the kind of Spyro game you and many other Spyro fans who think the new generation of gamers deserve to get.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:02 12/07/2011 by Aura24
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#54 Posted: 23:24:16 12/07/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: Fireball

Bricks don't talk. smilie

Kids deserve a better Spyro game. The kind most of us would've played in our childhood. Mario is the same.

Who's to say this game is bad? Did you play it? And I honestly would've played this in my childhood.

How is Mario the same as Spyro in this case? Mario Galaxy 2 is the greatest game I've ever played, and is perfect in almost every way.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#55 Posted: 12:45:26 13/07/2011
Guys, seriously. Stop talking to Stevie. You aren't going to change his mind and he very obviously doesn't care that the game is already a success with the kids and adults who've played it. He's an obvious fanboy and little things like logic and facts aren't going to change that.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#56 Posted: 16:03:58 13/07/2011
Wow, I must have missed the day that the Dark Spyro toy was announced/ revealed. News is new.

Quote: Razz
Guys, seriously. Stop talking to Stevie. You aren't going to change his mind and he very obviously doesn't care that the game is already a success with the kids and adults who've played it. He's an obvious fanboy and little things like logic and facts aren't going to change that.

Wisely said.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#57 Posted: 23:30:07 13/07/2011

Who's to say this game is bad? Did you play it? And I honestly would've played this in my childhood.

How is Mario the same as Spyro in this case? Mario Galaxy 2 is the greatest game I've ever played, and is perfect in almost every way.

That's because it evolved from Super Mario 64. Skylanders did not evolve from Year of the Dragon. Enter the Dragonfly tried poorly but A Hero's Tail abandons it then came LoS which further departs to the point that Spyro has lost his identity. Bobby Kotick didn't even try research Spyro which would as see as going on Wikipedia and YouTube or even play the PS1 games.

It would be fine if it were a cheap spin-off but not a mainline title. Look at Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts on how it replaced the core element of the game with making a vehicle. Not enough? How about Privateer 2: The Darkening which abandons what made the original Privateer so great and also ruining Origin Systems (Ultima, System Shock, Wing Commander)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#58 Posted: 00:11:43 14/07/2011
CAV, resist! Don't fall to temptation, it's not worth it!
#59 Posted: 00:56:08 14/07/2011
Yeah, CAV, let's just ignore Stevey, he'll just pop out of nowhere again and still talk about the Spyro spin-off game he hates so much that we've all heard him say before. Then he'll leave again and come back to post more about his dislike on the game and what he thinks should have been for the Spyro fanbase.

lol It happened several times before.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:01:35 14/07/2011 by Aura24
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#60 Posted: 03:19:58 14/07/2011
We can't stop CAV.

He always responds.
Always.
LordRattler Ripto Gems: 1058
#61 Posted: 04:51:51 14/07/2011
Quote: semp123
We can't stop CAV.

He always responds.
Always.

It is true.

Whenever a war happens, he will never stop responding.

TRUELY, HE IS A STUPID AMERICAN.
#62 Posted: 05:02:56 14/07/2011
Stupid?

"Stubborn" makes more sense here, and even that isn't really the case.
#63 Posted: 09:05:45 14/07/2011
Quote: LordRattler
We can't stop CAV.

He always responds.
Always.

It is true.

Whenever a war happens, he will never stop responding.

That's taking it a bit too far, some of the things he says are do actually make sense. I'd say he is stubborn in this sort of situation, it doesn't make him a bad person though. You don't even know what he's been through, so please don't start throwing out random comments like that to people.
---
#64 Posted: 09:54:58 14/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
That's taking it a bit too far, some of the things he says are do actually make sense. I'd say he is stubborn in this sort of situation, it doesn't make him a bad person though. You don't even know what he's been through, so please don't start throwing out random comments like that to people.

Agreed.
#65 Posted: 10:39:22 14/07/2011
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, CAV, let's just ignore Stevey, he'll just pop out of nowhere again and still talk about the Spyro spin-off game he hates so much that we've all heard him say before. Then he'll leave again and come back to post more about his dislike on the game and what he thinks should have been for the Spyro fanbase.

I'm just expressing my concern because I love Insomniac Games' classic trilogy. I hate goblin Spyro in the same sense as emo Dante. Are you saying the PS1 classics mean nothing and Spyro ONLY became relevant under Bobby Kotick's thumb? Mean I remind you Activision is evil and ONLY release terrible games.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#66 Posted: 12:33:39 14/07/2011
At least StevemacQ does not throw insults for not liking his/her opinion, I'll give the user that at least.
---
#67 Posted: 12:43:39 14/07/2011
At least StevemacQ does not throw insults for not liking his/her opinion, I'll give the user that at least.

Again, agreed.
#68 Posted: 14:49:07 14/07/2011

I'm just expressing my concern because I love Insomniac Games' classic trilogy. I hate goblin Spyro in the same sense as emo Dante. Are you saying the PS1 classics mean nothing and Spyro ONLY became relevant under Bobby Kotick's thumb? Mean I remind you Activision is evil and ONLY release terrible games.

The comments about Kotick and Activision being 'evil' is repeated almost EVERYWHERE on the web. It's getting old listening to the same thing over and over as an excuse, 'Oh! Activision is EVIL! Everything they touch is a bad thing! It's like they came over to my house and decimated my belongings when they 'ruined' this game francise!'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:02 14/07/2011 by Aura24
#69 Posted: 17:46:14 14/07/2011

The comments about Kotick and Activision being 'evil' is repeated almost EVERYWHERE on the web. It's getting old listening to the same thing over and over as an excuse, 'Oh! Activision is EVIL! Everything they touch is a bad thing! It's like they came over to my house and decimated my belongings when they 'ruined' this game francise!'

Most Spyro fans will tell you the same thing. Besides I'm sick of Activision receiving so much praise as if the Call of Duty is bigger than Jesus.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#70 Posted: 20:14:36 14/07/2011
I play CoD, and even I find the hype to be way too much. Don't really blame the entire company. Just blame Kotick, since he himself has said that he will exploit franchises that sell well.

Though, seeing the lack of a Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk installment this year, and the focus on Skylanders and Prototype 2 instead of just MW3 is making me wonder if he has at all learned his lesson.

Fine. However......

I'm sorry........what?

Where at all did location come from me responding to ignorance? And when have I ever fallen under the stereotype of being a stupid American, simply for responding to people who's posts warrant one? You of all people should know how often I detest this country's actions. And yet I'm going to be branded as one of the idiots?

Stubborn? Yes. Stupid American? Absolutely not.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:17:32 14/07/2011 by CAV
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#71 Posted: 20:16:31 14/07/2011
^I agree with CAV.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#72 Posted: 20:16:36 14/07/2011
Did I ever throw insults?

No.
He was talking about Rattler.
#73 Posted: 20:17:16 14/07/2011
Did I ever throw insults?

No.
He was talking about Rattler.

Fixed then.
#74 Posted: 20:48:34 14/07/2011
I play CoD, and even I find the hype to be way too much. Don't really blame the entire company. Just blame Kotick, since he himself has said that he will exploit franchises that sell well.

Though, seeing the lack of a Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk installment this year, and the focus on Skylanders and Prototype 2 instead of just MW3 is making me wonder if he has at all learned his lesson.

Fine. However......

I'm sorry........what?

Where at all did location come from me responding to ignorance? And when have I ever fallen under the stereotype of being a stupid American, simply for responding to people who's posts warrant one? You of all people should know how often I detest this country's actions. And yet I'm going to be branded as one of the idiots?

Being stubborn is not necessarily a good thing you know? It can be in some ways if you're the working hard type, but in others, not really, I think it can lead to ignorance if it is carried on through to the same subject.
---
#75 Posted: 20:50:15 14/07/2011
Being stubborn is not necessarily a good thing you know? It can be in some ways if you're the working hard type, but in others, not really, I think it can lead to ignorance if it is carried on through to the same subject.

I'm aware of that. I never said it was a good thing.

It's just that I'm not afraid to be open about my flaws.
#76 Posted: 20:51:51 14/07/2011

And I just wanted to tell you, since I cannot read your mind and know that you may think it's either bad or good either.
---
#77 Posted: 20:52:26 14/07/2011

And I just wanted to tell you, since I cannot read your mind and know that you may think it's either bad or good either.

I can't think of anyone that would be proud to be stubborn.
#78 Posted: 20:56:32 14/07/2011

I can't think of anyone that would be proud to be stubborn.

I'm sure that there is someone out there.
---
#79 Posted: 11:23:33 15/07/2011

Fine. However......

I'm sorry........what?

There's gonna be better games this year that are better than everything Activision has to offer including Uncharted 3, Tekken Hybrid and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Link raises the Skyward Sword against the Skylanders from destroying the skies of Hyrule)

Plus other great games in early 2012 like Final Fantasy XIII-2, Street Fighter X Tekken and Ninja Gaiden 3.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#80 Posted: 19:33:14 15/07/2011
There's gonna be better games this year that are better than everything Activision has to offer including Uncharted 3, Tekken Hybrid and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Link raises the Skyward Sword against the Skylanders from destroying the skies of Hyrule)

Plus other great games in early 2012 like Final Fantasy XIII-2, Street Fighter X Tekken and Ninja Gaiden 3.

I didn't say that there will be better games than what Activision is offering. I'm just saying for you to look twice before branding everything they make awful just because of CoD and Skylanders.

Also, I have a feeling that Prototype 2 will be better than all of those games you listed (IMO).
Cynder1996 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3333
#81 Posted: 17:07:41 18/07/2011
Quote: SpyroSC
Worse than chucky!!??!!??

Yes SpyroSC worse than chucky "shivers"
---
my dragons
I stalk Slenderman.....
zoethedragon Red Sparx Gems: 81
#82 Posted: 16:09:42 21/07/2011
oh man! why dose co.uk get every thing firs?! and is this suposed to be spyro O-o,the dragon named papa thats purple whith gray hair??? probley not
---
SPYR0 same dragon,same hero, same favriot game smilie -talking about skylanders-
Spyrofan37 Green Sparx Gems: 374
#83 Posted: 22:52:52 10/08/2011
they should put crash bandacoot on it
---
TEEHEE
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me