Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Pyro girl's art thread [CLOSED]
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#51 Posted: 13:14:17 15/08/2008
Wow. That's just... too awesome for words, really. :D
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#52 Posted: 17:08:25 16/08/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks smilie!

Here's just a random headshot of Spyro I just finished today.

[User Posted Image]
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
#53 Posted: 09:20:47 05/09/2008 | Topic Creator
Ok! Here comes a whole batch of new pictures. First up Goddess Cyra.

This is Cyra when she becomes a Goddess in the last chapter of Dragon Spirit.

[User Posted Image]
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#54 Posted: 15:03:17 05/09/2008
whoah that cyra one is awesumneeessssss !!

i luv the way u draw spyro too ^__^
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#55 Posted: 17:45:22 05/09/2008
Well once again I'm going to be the critic once again...

Actually its moar of a tip instead of a critique, when doing the colouring instead of having the colour and the line art as the same layer, put a layer under the line art and above the background layer, use this layer to do the colouring . It stops the line art getting all smudged.

Also no offense or anything your fan character seems to be a bit of a "Mary Sue". Of course I'm not saying I'm right or true.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#56 Posted: 20:26:00 05/09/2008
I actually think the "smudge" adds a bit of character to her drawings. Seems almost that in every pic her characters are surounded in a glowing white aura.smilie
#57 Posted: 21:47:08 05/09/2008
Quote: Cynder_Rox
I actually think the "smudge" adds a bit of character to her drawings. Seems almost that in every pic her characters are surounded in a glowing white aura.smilie

It makes her work look messy and rushed, I know everyones has their own style but theres a thing called the pen tool.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#58 Posted: 22:51:39 05/09/2008
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

Actually its moar of a tip instead of a critique, when doing the colouring instead of having the colour and the line art as the same layer, put a layer under the line art and above the background layer, use this layer to do the colouring . It stops the line art getting all smudged.

Also no offense or anything your fan character seems to be a bit of a "Mary Sue". Of course I'm not saying I'm right or true.
Now, stop critiquing or something! Pyro Girl's doing a good job already! You're probably jealous because your drawings are smuged out and disgusting! You should'nt critque at all.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#59 Posted: 23:11:36 05/09/2008
Quote: Dragonhope

Now, stop critiquing or something! Pyro Girl's doing a good job already! You're probably jealous because your drawings are smuged out and disgusting! You should'nt critque at all.

Have you even saw my drawings?

Also I have a right to critique, its my right as an artist and besides I'm just giving Pyro girl tips to improve her art.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#60 Posted: 23:15:53 05/09/2008
Oh okay sorry.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#61 Posted: 03:07:17 06/09/2008

It makes her work look messy and rushed, I know everyones has their own style but theres a thing called the pen tool.

Well, from someone who "barfs up rainbows," I would expect you would like so called "messy art."
#62 Posted: 11:11:40 06/09/2008

Well, from someone who "barfs up rainbows," I would expect you would like so called "messy art."

In terms of parody yes but actual art then no.
#63 Posted: 11:21:43 06/09/2008
to me, it seems like everyone is against Bh_W 0__o
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#64 Posted: 11:27:05 06/09/2008
Quote: Lover of Spyro
to me, it seems like everyone is against Bh_W 0__o

I wouldn't say "against me", I just like speaking out and it seems that some problem have a problem with that.

Lol there ignoring my human rights ;P
#65 Posted: 11:28:25 06/09/2008
lolololololol

like my siggy says: gottah problem ? shuv it up joor beehind !
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#66 Posted: 11:28:47 06/09/2008 | Topic Creator
Ok, Ok... calm down. BH_W was just voicing her opinion. I hate it when people start fighting over my art like that... Anyway, ta for the advice, I'd use the layers thing if I knew how to. Cyra was meant to be blurry in that pic anyway because of her aura but maybe I blurred it a bit too much.

And I don't know what you mean by 'Mary Sue' but all I can say is don't judge her before you get to know her... in character she's quite gentle and nice (Which I've probably shown too much of) but she's also a fairly tomboyish and gusty person.
---
#67 Posted: 11:46:04 06/09/2008
Quote: Pyro girl
Ok, Ok... calm down. BH_W was just voicing her opinion. I hate it when people start fighting over my art like that... Anyway, ta for the advice, I'd use the layers thing if I knew how to. Cyra was meant to be blurry in that pic anyway because of her aura but maybe I blurred it a bit too much.

And I don't know what you mean by 'Mary Sue' but all I can say is don't judge her before you get to know her... in character she's quite gentle and nice (Which I've probably shown too much of) but she's also a fairly tomboyish and gusty person.

Theres pretty decent tutorials on dA which I've used, I remember you saying you used GIMP.

http://skittleboo.deviantart.c...Inking-57237921
http://sasukechan111.deviantar...torial-87789306

On the Mary sue subject , what I've seen so far of your OC is that she seems way too perfect, and by giving her some flaws like that doesn't stop her being a Mary sue.
#68 Posted: 14:25:27 06/09/2008
Quote: Pyro girl

I know, I was just stating my opinion also. And I wasn't saying the Black_holes opinion was wrong or right either.

I was just simply saying that the smudge adds a bit of character to your drawings, and I didn't think it looked as messy as he/she thought it did.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me