Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Skylanders Interview
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 00:04:44 31/05/2011 | Topic Creator
French gaming website Nintendo Difference have put up an interview with Activision's Jared Yeager about Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. It should help to clear up a few questions about the game and their plans for it.

Quote: Nintendo Difference
ND: Don't you feel that the game will lose some of its personality, as Spyro is now just one of many playable characters?

JY: No I don't think so, because we keep very true to Spyro's origins, and his abilities and play style that people have experienced in the past. There's everything you'd expect Spyro to be able to do, we want to make sure we do it right. You don't just do something because you can, you've got to be smart about it and be able to do it right, and make sure that you're pleasing the fanbase and yourself as a gamer and somebody who likes to enjoy toys. We believe we've definitely done Spyro justice.

Also check out the link for a few large photos of the Spyro, Gill Grunt, Eruptor, and Trigger Happy toys.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:29 31/05/2011 by dark52
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#2 Posted: 00:38:20 31/05/2011
That's peachy to hear :D
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 02:14:31 31/05/2011
That interview should answer some of our questions about Skylanders and Spyro being in it. :3

I like how the activision producer added Spyro in the game in the interview:

"When people ask what a Skylander is, we reply to them that it is a legendary hero, a champion in the world of Skyland, and as we’ve seen through the Spyro games, he’s kind of earned his stripes as becoming a legendary champion and has earned the rank of being such a Skylander and to be among the 32 champions that is kind of the forefront, the leaderish of the Skyland. He’s well know, he has set the standard for what it is to be a hero. So, it is a natural evolution for it."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#4 Posted: 02:39:15 31/05/2011
Off topic: A new update? I'm shocked.

Now if only we had a new poll and some work on those accepted suggestions that haven't seen the light of day and we're all set.

On topic: I highly doubt Skylander haters will read this interview. That saddens me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:28 31/05/2011 by CAV
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#5 Posted: 02:42:00 31/05/2011
i know right? All i see from this mans words is that he understands our frustration and that he doesnt really expect to sway us, for he does have a heavy part to play in this so he will praise it. Yet, he also states that he knows of why some may attack the game iself and its status amongst the spyro fanbase.
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
Devoc Green Sparx Gems: 209
#6 Posted: 21:08:34 31/05/2011
While I think Skylanders is a brilliant idea, concept-wise, it still feels kiddy to me. So I'll just leave it for the little kids P=
---
"Trouble with the trolley, eh?"
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#7 Posted: 02:38:56 01/06/2011
I'm really exited for this game. Sure, toys are a bit childish, but I'm sure I'll learn to like it. If adults can like this game, I'm sure a teenager like me can as well.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 03:12:25 01/06/2011
I'm still suspicious. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
spyro_cynder_ Red Sparx Gems: 15
#9 Posted: 21:04:16 01/06/2011
why cant it just carry on with the legend of spyro , the legend of spyro was great , skylanders is just stupid (no offence) mostly everyone hates it , just do what we all want , i have an idea why ont you make a poll saying which one would you preffer , the legend of spyro or skylanders spyro smilie
#10 Posted: 21:05:34 01/06/2011
Quote: spyro_cynder_
why cant it just carry on with the legend of spyro , the legend of spyro was great , skylanders is just stupid (no offence) mostly everyone hates it , just do what we all want , i have an idea why ont you make a poll saying which one would you preffer , the legend of spyro or skylanders spyro smilie

If you had looked at the details on the character biographies, Spyro in Skylanders is shown to have both qualities of both Classic and Legend Spyro. He's still a legendary purple dragon, and that he has been on many exciting adventures, referencing both Classic and Legend universe in one Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 21:10:47 01/06/2011

but in skylanders spyro , mostly all spyro fans (including me) , think that skylanders spyro looks like a purple ugly lizard (i agree) , i just want things to be good again , i want it to carry on with the legend of spyro smilie
#12 Posted: 21:11:58 01/06/2011
oh and one question on here how do you get gems smilie
#13 Posted: 21:14:21 01/06/2011

but in skylanders spyro , mostly all spyro fans (including me) , think that skylanders spyro looks like a purple ugly lizard (i agree) , i just want things to be good again , i want it to carry on with the legend of spyro smilie

Well Skylanders is another reboot. That means the game has nothing to do with the LoS nor the Classic series. Might as well get used to it, or replay the LoS games and ignore Skylanders.

Let me ask you something, what do you like about the LoS? Because some fans only seem to only care about Cynder, Spyro X Cynder shipping, or the epic story of the trilogy, and forget that Spyro is the main reason why the LoS began in the first place.
---
#14 Posted: 21:19:00 01/06/2011
I like it because , its all about the story of spyro and cynder and sparx and all of the other dragons , i want it to carry on because he and cynder and sparx were finally getting older , i dont want my fav spyro ruined by activision smilie smilie
#15 Posted: 21:19:30 01/06/2011
oh and im known as peanut0popcorn on youtube smilie
#16 Posted: 21:21:33 01/06/2011
Please don't double post on here. There's an edit button on the bottom of your posts if you're going to add new content.

And Spyro isn't "ruined" by Activision. That's only in the perspective of fans who overreacted on Skylanders.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:02 01/06/2011 by Aura24
#17 Posted: 21:28:04 01/06/2011
oh sorry about double posting ,i didnt know
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#18 Posted: 21:49:58 01/06/2011
why cant it just carry on with the legend of spyro , the legend of spyro was great , skylanders is just stupid (no offence) mostly everyone hates it , just do what we all want , i have an idea why ont you make a poll saying which one would you preffer , the legend of spyro or skylanders spyro

...Not everyone hates it, I'm actully looking foward to it >_____>
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#19 Posted: 21:52:05 01/06/2011
Quote: Thunderdragon14
why cant it just carry on with the legend of spyro , the legend of spyro was great , skylanders is just stupid (no offence) mostly everyone hates it , just do what we all want , i have an idea why ont you make a poll saying which one would you preffer , the legend of spyro or skylanders spyro

...Not everyone hates it, I'm actully looking foward to it >_____>

I don't think she understands.
---
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#20 Posted: 22:13:01 01/06/2011
She definetly has some hatred for a game she has never played ar seen very much of, and i she seems to very adament about showing off her opinions. I mean, if you like TLOS or TOS then so be it, but if you are in one way or the other negativly than keep it to yourself or have a decent argument to bring to the table. Just saying it was epic isnt a thought, its a blurb, sorry aura24 and all else if this sounds mean(cant think of the users at the time lol) but you gotta see what i mean here. I loved both TOS and TLOS for the same reasons, however i dont bare a predjudice.
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
#21 Posted: 00:25:36 02/06/2011

There was no way to continue LoS. It ended with a happy ending. What could they possibly fight without ripping the story another huge plothole?

Most everyone hates it because of the design or lack of old characters. They would rather hate a game they didn't play than wait and try the game out.

Guess what? They DID do what everybody wanted. They listened to what the fans wanted in a Spyro game. And guess what we got? Dawn of the Dragon. And a lot of people hate that game. Hell, even now they're listening to fans. They wanted gameplay that was like Classic Spyro. And now they're getting it, with a mix of LoS' gameplay. But instead, everyone whines and complains, even though they haven't played the ****ing game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:01 02/06/2011 by CAV
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#22 Posted: 05:09:04 02/06/2011
Whoa...some ongoing development of the game (in the form of teaser images, and an interview) since I've been absent from the forum. Can't wait to see more of the upcoming game. I should probably prepare for myself to update my topic (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=36971) with more info, and a more flexible system for me to work with.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#23 Posted: 09:56:09 02/06/2011
Quote: CAV

There was no way to continue LoS. It ended with a happy ending. What could they possibly fight without ripping the story another huge plothole?

Most everyone hates it because of the design or lack of old characters. They would rather hate a game they didn't play than wait and try the game out.

Guess what? They DID do what everybody wanted. They listened to what the fans wanted in a Spyro game. And guess what we got? Dawn of the Dragon. And a lot of people hate that game. Hell, even now they're listening to fans. They wanted gameplay that was like Classic Spyro. And now they're getting it, with a mix of LoS' gameplay. But instead, everyone whines and complains, even though they haven't played the ****ing game.

In my opinion, no, not really, I think that Activision are just using the Spyro series as a gimmick to make lots of money by directing it to a younger audience, and a younger audience are gullable towards these things, they're not listening to the fans, older fans are wanting a reboot of the original trilogy and I don't see that happening anytime soon, Activision are also using an excuse that it combines Classic and Legend, so how can it be a reboot if it is combining things? Then they just sum it up by throwing in loads of gimmicks. Now, that's not what I wanted, and I really don't care if I am being selfish about it. Everyone is selfish to an extent anyway.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:57:23 02/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#24 Posted: 13:02:31 02/06/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
In my opinion, no, not really, I think that Activision are just using the Spyro series as a gimmick to make lots of money by directing it to a younger audience, and a younger audience are gullable towards these things, they're not listening to the fans, older fans are wanting a reboot of the original trilogy and I don't see that happening anytime soon, Activision are also using an excuse that it combines Classic and Legend, so how can it be a reboot if it is combining things? Then they just sum it up by throwing in loads of gimmicks. Now, that's not what I wanted, and I really don't care if I am being selfish about it. Everyone is selfish to an extent anyway.

That part you bolded was directed towards DotD, not Skylanders.

The possible reason could be because not many old fans give a **** about Spyro anymore. For a lot of people, the series ended after YotD, and they moved on, and never looked back or bothered with the series ever again. They won't gain much profit.

And while it's directed towards kids due to their need for toys, it can also introduce them to Spyro, and make them become fans, just like how we were introduced to Spyro as kids/teens in the early days of the franchise. They can't stick with one group (old fans), especially when the majority of the group doesn't care for the franchise anymore, and have long since moved on to other games. They're best shot is to gain new fans in the kids department.

In other words, they're attempting the same thing that Insominac did years ago to make us fans of the franchise, and you don't want that to happen. That's really selfish, even for this fanbase.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#25 Posted: 21:20:50 03/06/2011
The game abandons the 3rd person camera view which is essential to Spyro plus the actual dragon's voice is severely butchered. Ninja Theory would be SO proud.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#26 Posted: 21:23:30 03/06/2011
3rd person camera is essential in a Spyro game? There have been plenty of Spyro games that aren't in 3rd person (DotD, Orange/Fusion, all other GBA/DS Spyro games).
#27 Posted: 21:26:58 03/06/2011
3rd person camera is essential in a Spyro game? There have been plenty of Spyro games that aren't in 3rd person (DotD, Orange/Fusion, all other GBA/DS Spyro games).

I think he is talking about the console games. It's pretty obvious.
---
#28 Posted: 21:27:39 03/06/2011

Again, DotD doesn't have a 3rd person view.
#29 Posted: 21:28:25 03/06/2011

Again, DotD doesn't have a 3rd person view.

Whatever.
---
Sparky5 Blue Sparx Gems: 809
#30 Posted: 13:06:00 04/06/2011
Ok that Jared guy said Activision kept true about Spyro's origns, controls etc. BUT it's obvious they forgot one important detail: his looks. At least the Spyro in the boxart looks kinda like the original Spyro.
#31 Posted: 15:09:49 04/06/2011
Quote: Sparky5
Ok that Jared guy said Activision kept true about Spyro's origns, controls etc. BUT it's obvious they forgot one important detail: his looks. At least the Spyro in the boxart looks kinda like the original Spyro.

Looks don't really matter. Isn't it more than enough that they have the origins and controls right?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me