Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Within Shadow There is Light
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Within Shadow There is Light [CLOSED]
Cynder Green Sparx Gems: 433
#51 Posted: 00:13:35 24/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Wow...I can't believe how many people like this story! Thank you so much everyone...as for being a Spyro producer....I don't think so. I don't think I'm of that high caliber yet...but its a possibility....smilie Thanks for the compliments everyone!
---
I am CYNDER! Hear me ROAR!
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5859
#52 Posted: 11:12:14 24/05/2008
You're welcome smilie
---
no i will not write a signature for you
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#53 Posted: 22:41:33 27/05/2008
Cynder are you going to write anymore???
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#54 Posted: 22:43:04 27/05/2008
yeah! write more! they r awesome!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#55 Posted: 16:14:47 30/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Wow...thanks everyone so much for the comments and compliments! They mean so much to me! I promise I will update as soon as I can! I just finished off Chapter Eight and Chapter Nine will come soon so keep checking back here! smilie
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#56 Posted: 17:39:12 30/05/2008
Dont worry, i read ever1's fanfic'ssmilie
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#57 Posted: 16:17:51 02/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter Nine: Mighty Gifts

Once Spyro and Ignitus soared back into the Temple, they immediatly went to work coming up with a plan to rescue Cynder. They knew that Dark Master had her locked away somewhere but they had no clue of the exact location. This made it difficult to plan what to do next but they knew that had to come up with something. Eventually the plan was reached:

The plan the two dragons had come up with was risky indeed. Spyro alone would go to rescue Cynder while the rest of the Guardians took down Dark Master...also they had learned of Dark Master's new name...Malefor. And to find out exactly where Cynder was you would have to thank Volteer. He had made a special sort of electrical magic or homing bolt that locked onto the dark magic in Cynder's body and once it locked on, it was set and you could follow the path it emitted.

"Wow!" Spyro exclaimed. He stared at the shimmering, crackling bolt in Volteer's outstretched paw.

"Take it Spyro. But use it wisely" Volteer smiled at the young dragon before him. Spyro nodded and grasped the bolt, storing it in the tough leather pouch that Ignitus had given him. It was strapped around his belly and was wide enough to hold almost anything even though it looked small.

"I have something for you as well young one" Cyril came up to Spyro with a grin on his face. "I just made this rather recently...it involves the more...violent properties of ice shall we say"

"What do you mean?" Spyro looked at Cyril questioningly.

"Do you know what happens when one fills a bottle with water, seals it, and places it in the snow?' Cyril grinned.

"It freezes...then explodes" Spyro replied.

"Right" Cyril grinned even wider now, exposing his ivory fangs. "I have harnessed that explosive quality of ice and placed it in these" He presented three glistening orbs to Spyro. Water bubbled within each of them.

"Wow" Spyro murmured. He took the orbs and placed them in the pouch at his side. Cyril then padded away and this time Terrador approached the young dragon with a calm smile. He presented the young dragon with a set of shining armor made of purple or star iron. It was the strongest armor in the land.

Spyro stared in awe as he beheld the shimmering iron. "Did you...make this Terrador?"

"No" Terrador shook his head. "This armor was forged by Khron, the Earth Guardian before me who gave it to the first Purple Dragon. It has been passed to every Purple Dragon since and now, I bestow it unto you" He then helped Spyro strap on the chest plate, fore and rear leg bracers, tail plate and a magnificent helm that covered his entire face yet left his lower jaw free to bite and snap. There were also twin plates of iron that covered his sides and upon them were carved runes that granted strength and luck.

Finally Ignitus came up to Spyro, his giant wings unfurled, the ivory scars visible and appearing as veins of pure light. He walked up to Spyro and placed a great paw on the young dragon's brow. Ignitus then murmured words in a tongue that was foreign and yet familiar to all in the room: The Ancient Language of the Dragons.

When Ignitus moved his paw away, a golden rune was visible that shined with a light that even the purple iron helm could not hide. Little did he know that the rune on his head would save him when he was fighting for his life later on.

Spyro looked up at Ignitus questioningly. "What does this rune do?"

"This rune is the key to unlocking your ultimate power when the time is right. But you must be careful" Ignitus spoke in a stern tone. "Once you unlock your ultimate gift, you are at your most powerful...and your most vulnerable. If you are killed in that state...then the Purple Dragon will never be reborn again"

Spyro nodded and sighed. "I see" he looked back up at Ignitus. "What is my ultimate power?"

"You must find that out for yourself...in fact...you may have already done so" Ignitus replied in a cryptic manner. Spyro shivered and closed his eyes to think but his memory was blurry. All he could remember was fuzzy images of his cataclysmic battle with Cynder but nothing of an "ultimate power" He opened his eyes again and shook his head. Ignitus simply smiled back at him.

"Now then young dragon...go and rescue your friend...the fate of the Realms depends on it" he spoke in a strong yet somber tone.
---
Last edited at 15:25:35 18/06/2008 by Cynder
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#58 Posted: 15:15:07 04/06/2008
Awesome! Please write more I want to see what Spyro's ultimate power is!!!
#59 Posted: 15:53:11 18/06/2008 | Topic Creator
Chapter Ten: Lost No More

Spyro soared through the ebon sky, following the only light provided by the homing bolt made by Volteer. He kept his eyes on it, constantly shifting his position to keep it in his sights. He smiled knowing that every second he flew meant another second closer to Cynder. He wanted to find her and rescue her from the hell she had been brought into. And he vowed to do this no matter what happened.

He flew on, though his wings ached and his body burned. He flew on though the pain of being away from those he loved wracked his entire body. He flew on knowing that this was the only way to finally bring peace to the Dragon Realms.

He then saw the bolt change direction. He had been flying North for hours and now he was headed to the West. He looked ahead and gasped at what he saw. A dark fortress loomed in the distance. It was more a mountain than a fortress but an air of despair, anger, and death hung over it. There was a huge opening in the mountain that resembled a cave and he homed in on it.

When the bolt reached the cave opening, it crackled and sputtered out. Now it was pitch black. But Spyro didn't mind because his eyes could see better than any creature's. He walked forward, folding his wings tightly against his body. He knew Cynder was here. He could feel it.

He then heard what sounded like screeches of fear and pain. They were dragon screeches. He ran faster as the sounds got louder. He knew that louder meant closer so he charged ahead, not caring if any guards or things were in his way. He had a one-track mind and he was not about to shut it down now.

"Spyro!" Spyro knew that voice by heart. It was indeed Cynder and she sounded terrified beyond belief.

"I'm coming Cynder!" Spyro roared back. "Don't worry!"

_smilie_smilie_smilie_-

Cynder heard that exclamtion and couldn't believe her ears. Spyro had come to save her. She smiled and a feeling of pure delight and happiness coursed through her. She now felt safe knowing that her saviour had come.

_smilie_smilie_smilie_smilie_smilie_-

"WHAT!?" Dark Master roared furiously as his guards told him the grave news. The Purple Dragon had come to rescue Cynder and take him down once and for all. He had been sighted in the Cave Passage.

"XIRA!" he screeeched. "Get that DRAGON!"

Xira complied and launched into the air, soaring down to the Cave Passage to take down the purple dragon once and for all...even if it meant dying in the process, she would not fail Dark Master again.

_smilie_smilie_smilie_smilie_smilie_-_

Spyro gasped when he suddenly saw Xira appear in front of him, a look of pure murder in her crimson eyes. Her fangs were bared, her wings unfurled and her scales shimmering. He saw her raise her head and take a deep breath. He knew what was coming and ran behind a rock just in time. Xira shot a heated blast of flame at her opponent and snarled when it only seared the rock and not the Purple Dragon.

"Come on out little dragon! Or are you scared?" she simpered, her tone switching to false kindness.

"I'm not afraid" Spyro replied from his stone shelter. He could feel the rock crumbling as Xira once more launched flames upon it. He launched himself out from behind the precarious place and sunk his talons into Xira's side, clambering up her back to her neck. He then bit down. Hard. Xira screeched in pain and roared to high heaven. She thrashed and bucked, trying anything and everything she could to get the purple pest off her back.

'Get off me!" she screamed. She continued to thrash and rear but Spyro still held on, biting and tearing at Xira's neck.

"I don't want to fight you Xira! Please try to see things my way! Dark Master is using you! He doesn't care about you!" Spyro yelled.

"Silence!" Xira reared one more time and then spun, causing Spyro to fly off Xira's back and slam into a far wall and instantly go unconscious.
---
Last edited at 18:34:07 28/07/2008 by Cynder
TeenageCynder24 Green Sparx Gems: 178
#60 Posted: 17:36:16 18/06/2008
awesome i just read ur entire story it is great!! please write more!!
---
StarSong, The Water, Time, and Bubble Breath Dragon. The Adventure of One Dragon Destined to Become an Elder!
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#61 Posted: 02:09:02 19/06/2008
That's really cool!
Robo-Spyro Fodder
#62 Posted: 08:35:57 22/06/2008
Totally awesome.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#63 Posted: 23:15:13 03/07/2008
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! Can you write more???
TeenageCynder24 Green Sparx Gems: 178
#64 Posted: 23:10:08 08/08/2008
Are you going to write anymore, Cynder? It is a great story!
---
StarSong, The Water, Time, and Bubble Breath Dragon. The Adventure of One Dragon Destined to Become an Elder!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me