darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Does Anyone Actually LIKE Spyro's Design?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Does Anyone Actually LIKE Spyro's Design? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#51 Posted: 15:17:20 20/02/2011
Quote: Razz
I haven't been interested in Spyro as a character since YotD came out. All his other designs were uninteresting or (in the case of LoS and especially DotD) really unappealing. Skylander Spyro is the first time in over a decade that I've actually been interested in him more than his supporting cast.

I've always paid attention to Spyro as a character, because design never really mattered to me. Design is one of the last things I look at when it comes to a character and their development.

But his DotD design really sucked. And since he pretty much seemed void of all personality in the game, it was almost the only thing you could look at in terms of character development.

Quote: GamingMaster_76
You don't understand how much I would pay for it.

I would pay top dollar for that.

But first, I need a place to put it....
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#52 Posted: 15:33:21 20/02/2011
I pay attention to both design and personality, but you don't know a character's personality out of the gate so their design is your first clue. I also pay attention to it because, in a third-person game, you're going to be seeing a lot of this character and if the design is bad it makes the game hard to play. I may hate Cynder, but there's a reason I played her in DotD instead of Spyro (she looked better AND she can actually move/fight).
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#53 Posted: 19:15:57 20/02/2011
Quote: Queen_Cynder
...Because personally, I think he's adorable! I mean, he's different, but he looks really neat!

//darkspyro.net/skylanders/images/gallery021.jpg

He's almost got sort of cat-ish features (look at his nose!) and his wings look stronger than they used to, and bigger. He seems more yellow in this game, when in the old ones he varied from red-ish to orange. Also, his eyes are orange, instead of purple. For some reason, I really like that too.

So does anyone else like him?

(sorry if there's already a topic about this)

I like him in the artwork. Not so much in the game. Except when you put him on the portal, and he comes out, does that little look around, and sits. Absolutely adorable!
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#54 Posted: 19:22:53 20/02/2011
Though I think he's adorable, SSA Spyro will certainly need a new model if he's to have his own new game!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#55 Posted: 19:27:08 20/02/2011
He joins ETD's in game model for being the equivalant of Sonic's "Sonic 06" model!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#56 Posted: 20:05:18 20/02/2011
I pay attention to both design and personality, but you don't know a character's personality out of the gate so their design is your first clue. I also pay attention to it because, in a third-person game, you're going to be seeing a lot of this character and if the design is bad it makes the game hard to play. I may hate Cynder, but there's a reason I played her in DotD instead of Spyro (she looked better AND she can actually move/fight).

Obviously the first thing you'll see is the design, and it can play a role in the design, and other ways it can't. DotD Spyro looked bulky and that he knew what he had to do. Turns out he was void of any personality whatsoever.

Design can be important depending on how much of a change it is. I understand if people were complaining about the design if they changed Spyro to a baby blue color, but otherwise, try the game. Bad designs don't stop me from playing a game. The horrid gameplay does. smilie

But a horrid design doesn't bother me as much as it seems to be doing so with everybody that complains about Skylanders Spyro and DotD Cynder. It's about the gameplay. The design can be very basic and unoriginal, but if the gameplay works and the game is fun, it's good for me.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#57 Posted: 22:45:52 20/02/2011
Most people, now that they're getting used to it, are starting to warm up to SKL Spyro now. The same thing happened with DotD Cynder (lord, did it ever happen D: ). So far, what I've seen of the gameplay looks fun.
madnesshank545 Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#58 Posted: 19:32:58 26/02/2011
LOVING HIS DESIGN ISN'T ENOUGH! MUST WORSHIP!
---
"love is fire that burns without end"
"just one person want to be lonely forever: the one who never loved.
what are you looking at?
SpyroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1592
#59 Posted: 18:28:00 05/03/2011
After playing the LoS games I thought that Spyro would turn out something like the continuation of the series, but after a few days of arguing I have to admit that this game is ok.......I guess. Spyro's current design is just a bit too childish for me.

There is one thing that I know for sure: If this game will ever reach my little country (Hungary), I'll play this game !! smilie
On PC or on 360.

Or at least I'll try it. =)
---
"Breathe, Sparx old boy...go to your happy place."
(Steam, Skype: SpyroGuy; Youtube: Sonic06FanReturns)
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#60 Posted: 06:37:35 11/03/2011
I know I have gotten used to it now! it's kinda cool in a reaaly ugly kind of way!xD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#61 Posted: 01:20:43 13/03/2011
It's not bad...just certainly going to take time to get used to.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#62 Posted: 04:51:15 13/03/2011
It's alright. He looks like a creature from Spore to me, but he's kind of cute
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#63 Posted: 16:18:03 14/03/2011
Quote: CAV
I haven't been interested in Spyro as a character since YotD came out. All his other designs were uninteresting or (in the case of LoS and especially DotD) really unappealing. Skylander Spyro is the first time in over a decade that I've actually been interested in him more than his supporting cast.

I've always paid attention to Spyro as a character, because design never really mattered to me. Design is one of the last things I look at when it comes to a character and their development.

But his DotD design really sucked. And since he pretty much seemed void of all personality in the game, it was almost the only thing you could look at in terms of character development.

Quote: GamingMaster_76
You don't understand how much I would pay for it.

I would pay top dollar for that.

But first, I need a place to put it....

So true. The DotD design just... well, hard to put me into words.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#64 Posted: 16:51:39 14/03/2011
^Bulky
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#65 Posted: 16:53:12 14/03/2011
Very.
It just didn't feel like Spyro... he acted (as Modern Society would say) Emo, and was very dark with little personality.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#66 Posted: 17:37:50 14/03/2011
Well, he was depressed at the end of TEN.
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#67 Posted: 18:30:25 14/03/2011
Quote: Queen_Cynder
...Because personally, I think he's adorable! I mean, he's different, but he looks really neat!

//darkspyro.net/skylanders/images/gallery021.jpg

He's almost got sort of cat-ish features (look at his nose!) and his wings look stronger than they used to, and bigger. He seems more yellow in this game, when in the old ones he varied from red-ish to orange. Also, his eyes are orange, instead of purple. For some reason, I really like that too.

So does anyone else like him?

(sorry if there's already a topic about this)

I dunno if i said this already, but i like him that way. Like, if he was that way in the game, i'd like it more. I think hes cute both ways, but the cat-ish way is better smilie
Skyly Green Sparx Gems: 173
#68 Posted: 01:37:28 16/03/2011
I do<3
---
*- No matter what, I will always love every single Spyro game<3 -*
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#69 Posted: 03:18:15 17/03/2011
Does anyone remember me saying that I got picked on over at the Sega forums back when Skylanders was announced? Saying that I liked Spyro's new design? Well, here's a recent topic about the game: http://forums.sega.com/showthr...-New-Spyro-Game

Beware, really immature haters there.........
SpaceKase Green Sparx Gems: 255
#70 Posted: 19:42:22 18/03/2011
*shyly raises hand* I like his new design. I think it's ugly-cute. <3 On-model, he seems to be further from the original Insomniac Spyro than the Legend Of model, but it looks like he has the personality down pat. I'll admit I was skeptical when I first heard about the redesign because I didn't think a fourth one was necessary, but now that I've gotten used to it, it's grown on me. smilie
---
None of your business, Sam.
#71 Posted: 19:53:43 18/03/2011
Quote: Cynder985
Does anyone remember me saying that I got picked on over at the Sega forums back when Skylanders was announced? Saying that I liked Spyro's new design? Well, here's a recent topic about the game: http://forums.sega.com/showthr...-New-Spyro-Game

That's a shame. But at least they aren't freaking out THAT badly.
#72 Posted: 20:00:15 18/03/2011
Quote: SpaceKase
*shyly raises hand* I like his new design. I think it's ugly-cute. <3 On-model, he seems to be further from the original Insomniac Spyro than the Legend Of model, but it looks like he has the personality down pat. I'll admit I was skeptical when I first heard about the redesign because I didn't think a fourth one was necessary, but now that I've gotten used to it, it's grown on me. smilie

I thought this was the third?
---
#73 Posted: 20:07:43 18/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Insomniac
AHT design
Krome design
DotD design
Skylanders design

Both of you are wrong. This is the 5th.
#74 Posted: 20:12:00 18/03/2011
I don't feel the AHT model was a redesign. The ETD one just looked messed up, so the AHT was the proper "next-gen" Classic model to me.

And DotD was kind of half and half. Same thing, but bigger.
---
#75 Posted: 20:27:51 18/03/2011
The AHT design looked rather different from the previous models, so I treat it like a different design.

And I think everyone agrees that the DotD design is different from Krome's. So to me (and maybe a few others), there are a total of 5 Spyro designs used over the span of the 13 years the franchise has existed.
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#76 Posted: 20:36:11 18/03/2011
Quote: Cynder985

That's a shame. But at least they aren't freaking out THAT badly.

Yeah, there's one good thing. :/
SpaceKase Green Sparx Gems: 255
#77 Posted: 21:02:50 18/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Insomniac
AHT design
Krome design
DotD design
Skylanders design

Both of you are wrong. This is the 5th.

Good point. I was counting the Krome, DotD, and Skylanders design. I was kind of lumping the Insomniac and AHT design in the same category, but now that I look closely, there are differences between them big enough to make them separate designs, rather than variations on the same one.

That being said...I really like that Skylander Spyro has reddish/orange/brown eyes. I always preferred him with brown/black eyes to purple ones, to be honest; it adds a bit more contrast to his design, which I really like.
---
None of your business, Sam.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me