First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The new Skylanders fanbase... [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#51 Posted: 22:28:25 15/02/2011
Pfft, I curse all the time....and Conker has given me more of an excuse to!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#52 Posted: 22:47:15 15/02/2011
...The only bad thing about it is accidently doing it in front of lil' kids... The time my friend's sister heard us swearing she ran to her Mum yelling that we'd swore, so we had to say that we'd said 'duck', not a certain other word.

And the time my 6-year old cousin asked me what 'woo-hoo' was smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#53 Posted: 22:50:07 15/02/2011
I once got p'd off at a teacher in school, and while I was getting something out of my bag, I mouthed the B word.....and she freakin' noticed!smilie
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#54 Posted: 05:02:39 16/02/2011
I hate when teachers catch you.

Once, I said "freak" at the lunch table...as in "these fan wars freaking suck", and a teacher...a former army ranger sniper, thought I said something else...and I got in trouble, even though my friend right beside me screamed the F word super loud and wasn't caught...the h***?
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#55 Posted: 05:26:21 16/02/2011
In response to some of the messages on the first page, isnt it quite obvious why Skylanders fans arnt the ones angry? They are the ones getting the game. Just like how LOS fans were significantly less flamy than old fans during the old vs LOS "war" when the LOS games were being made. I have a neutral stance towards this game. I dont hate it, but I definitely don't like it. I wish other original Spyro fans could be more neutral too. And I have no clue what their problem is as this is fresh air compared to LOS (and its not like their series was rebooted again, its just like its gone through another change which isnt quite their game).

Atleast this fanbase wont have those fanfiction writing Cynder fangirls like LOS. I have a feeling that the Original community and the LOS community are the feuding brothers with nothing in common and the Skylanders community will be the younger brother who sits quietly in the corner. Whatever happens, I most likely wont be joining in on any Original vs Skylanders topics as I did with LOS vs Original.
I was MUCH more outraged about LOS than this game, MUCH MUCH more.

Still hoping they bring back old Spyro for Spyro's 15 year anniversary in 2 years.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:29:10 16/02/2011 by Ratchet
#56 Posted: 16:22:33 16/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I once got p'd off at a teacher in school, and while I was getting something out of my bag, I mouthed the B word.....and she freakin' noticed!smilie

Argh, that happened to me before in R.E... smilie
---
#57 Posted: 17:17:41 16/02/2011
Quote: Ratchet
In response to some of the messages on the first page, isnt it quite obvious why Skylanders fans arnt the ones angry? They are the ones getting the game. Just like how LOS fans were significantly less flamy than old fans during the old vs LOS "war" when the LOS games were being made. I have a neutral stance towards this game. I dont hate it, but I definitely don't like it. I wish other original Spyro fans could be more neutral too. And I have no clue what their problem is as this is fresh air compared to LOS (and its not like their series was rebooted again, its just like its gone through another change which isnt quite their game).
Atleast this fanbase wont have those fanfiction writing Cynder fangirls like LOS. I have a feeling that the Original community and the LOS community are the feuding brothers with nothing in common and the Skylanders community will be the younger brother who sits quietly in the corner. Whatever happens, I most likely wont be joining in on any Original vs Skylanders topics as I did with LOS vs Original.
Still hoping they bring back old Spyro for Spyro's 15 year anniversary in 2 years.
What's wrong with Cynder fanfiction? And what makes you think there won't be Skylanders fanfics? If anything, it's asking for fanfiction.
---
#58 Posted: 17:27:08 16/02/2011
^ Oh, God, Trigger Happy X Spyro fanfics! *Dies*
---
#59 Posted: 17:57:09 16/02/2011
Not all fanfics are romantic, some are based mostly on humour.
---
#60 Posted: 18:27:04 16/02/2011
Ah, but that's not what my mind's eye thinks of it smilie
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#61 Posted: 18:42:58 16/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
^ Oh, God, Trigger Happy X Spyro fanfics! *Dies*

Oh...
#62 Posted: 23:14:19 16/02/2011
Quote: Ratchet
What's wrong with Cynder fanfiction? And what makes you think there won't be Skylanders fanfics? If anything, it's asking for fanfiction.

Hey! I have a Spyro/Cynder fanfiction, and it's not that bad...in fact, people actually liked it.
#63 Posted: 23:16:23 16/02/2011
Same here....I recently wrote a Spyro x Cynder fanfiction for Valentine's Day.
(On deviantART and in the fan fiction section).
---
#64 Posted: 23:17:50 16/02/2011
Hey Brawler, can you post a link to your fanfic? I would like to read it.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#65 Posted: 00:51:39 17/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Language, WereCat, there are kiddies on this site X3

Aura, I swear nearly all the time and I haven't heard a peep from anybody. smilie

I don't mind a Cynder fanfiction, but I would like to see a fanfiction about something else, maybe about the Classic series. All I see are Spyro/Cynder fanfictions, and while I don't mind them, it's getting annoying.

And I personally don't think Skylanders is asking for fanfictions. With all of the people hating it, I doubt people will want to touch it. And even if we do get them, it will drown in the tsunami of Cynder fanfics that have been made since DotD.
#66 Posted: 03:27:49 17/02/2011
Hey, Spyro/Cynder fanfics can have some epic wins...

Cue cheap advertising smilie...

The Legend of Spyro: Revenant and The Legend of Spyro: Apocalypse are supposed to be more like the LoS games rather than someone deciding to just write a random story and do with it what they want. Those two are different from a lot I've read.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#67 Posted: 04:10:36 17/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Hey, Spyro/Cynder fanfics can have some epic wins...

Cue cheap advertising smilie...

The Legend of Spyro: Revenant and The Legend of Spyro: Apocalypse are supposed to be more like the LoS games rather than someone deciding to just write a random story and do with it what they want. Those two are different from a lot I've read.

But most are cliche.

I must applaud you for that. Most fanfics have nothing to do with the games outside of the characters, and when they do have something to do with the games, they end up being filled with so many plotholes that it would make DotD blush. You keep connections to the games, and I can tell that you proof-read your fanfictions before posting them.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#68 Posted: 11:43:22 17/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm just worried about the new fanbase coming in about three months after the game is release. I mean, the ones who are Skylanders fans and probably don't know anything about the earlier Spyro games. I'm worried if those kids will start wars, and it will be a TLOS vs Original flame war all over again...
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#69 Posted: 11:54:46 17/02/2011
I meant that Cynder caused ALOT of annoying fangirls where every second topic was about Spyro and Cynder's kid. Thankfully, thats gone, and I no longer have to worry about shoveling through a whole lot of Cynder fanfiction and fanart when I search for Spyro fanfiction and fanart (not that I do though smilie, but I think others will be glad atleast).

Probably skylanders fanfics will be more varied and interesting rather than the same old story about Spyro and Cynder's love quest.

It will be interesting to see if any people come on the forums who just heard about Spyro from Skylanders. Again, unlike LOS fans, I wont be argueing with them.
#70 Posted: 14:12:01 17/02/2011
LoS and Classics need to set aside their differences, cause pretty soon Classic and Legend will combine to become its own kind of Classic.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#71 Posted: 14:27:14 17/02/2011
Oh now this is a little ridiculous here.. smilie

http://legend-of-spyro-fans.de.../blog/38385142/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#72 Posted: 14:40:50 17/02/2011

Oh Christ really? I'm gonna bold this to emphasize my point...these new breed of fan wars are getting ridiculous. I mean, the game hasn't even been released yet for chrissakes.

But, really, LoS and Classics need to bury the axe and brace ourselves for the new generation of Spyro, cause soon we BOTH will be considered classic fans.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:41:34 17/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#73 Posted: 14:49:57 17/02/2011
That group journal just made me want to facepalm how selfish the LoS fans in that DA group are acting. Hating on a Spyro game all because it isn't what they asked for, game companies aren't suppose to listen to fan service anyways..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#74 Posted: 14:51:55 17/02/2011
oi... I highly doubt we're gonna get another Legend game, the LoS was a freaking trilogy, meaning only three parts. If those fans are unhappy just because Legend isn't getting another game, they obviously need to touch up on their vocabulary...

I'm so glad I'm not THAT obsessive over LoS...even if I do think that they should at least keep Cynder in the games....and maybe the Guardians.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:18 17/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#75 Posted: 14:54:20 17/02/2011
Actually, the trilogy was made to recreate the Spyro series and aimed to make more games in the same universe to expand it, but Activision had other ideas. And it's obvious Activision is trying something new to try and bring back the franchise, and I say it's working.

The LoS fans in the DA group getting all angry over a video game that doesn't have what they wanted...
---
#76 Posted: 14:59:00 17/02/2011
I'm actually glad Spyro is being allowed a proper second chance. He doesn't deserve to just fade away into oblivion...like Jazz Jackrabbit or...something else I'll think of later...he deserves to go up into the video gaming hall of fame like Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Crash Bandicoot...

Speaking of which, are we supposed to get a new Crash Bandicoot game anytime soon?
#77 Posted: 16:16:26 17/02/2011
New Crash? Well, my theory is that it's going back to roots as, one, the latest game released (Crash Nitro Kart 2 on the iPod) has the older designs of Crash, Aku Aku and the gang. Two, I believe that if SSA does well, AV will most likely create a back-to-roots Crash game- whether it's a re-introduction in Skylanders (think Skylanders: Crash's Adventure) or a full-out game.
---
#78 Posted: 17:17:26 17/02/2011
I hope a new Crash game is similar to Crash Twinsanity!
#79 Posted: 17:32:47 17/02/2011
^ I missed Twinsanity (smilie) But it looks awesome and hilarious! Plus, Spyro's in it.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#80 Posted: 18:21:11 17/02/2011

.....There is no comment for that level of stupidity. No offense.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#81 Posted: 18:26:41 17/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

.....There is no comment for that level of stupidity. No offense.

They really think that sending Activision mail about them hating on Skylanders would stop the company from stopping and releasing the game. Skylanders is already close to being finished in its production, and Activision has just revealed it. They're not just going to cancel the game all because of a couple of fans hating on it because of the game doesn't have what they want...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:28:54 17/02/2011 by Aura24
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#82 Posted: 18:31:45 17/02/2011
It's just a joke.... And it's also incredibly selfish of them.

Activision will simply laugh it off - They're not trying to impress the Spyro fandom. They're aiming for a new generation. We've had our fun with Spyro - Let the new kids enjoy him too.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#83 Posted: 18:57:42 17/02/2011
Complaining about the game not being an LoS sequel and 'ruining their childhood' because of Spyro taking a "different direction" is just a little silly.

Since Activision is taking the Spyro series to appeal the new generation of young gamers, the LoS fans can now do their own continuation of the LoS if they adore it so much..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:13 17/02/2011 by Aura24
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#84 Posted: 19:13:16 17/02/2011
I've stopped caring that it's even Spyro... I'm kind of in it for the other characters smilie Namely the feathered dragon and griffin.
#85 Posted: 19:59:10 17/02/2011

....Just ignore it with a song! One you can whistle to at that!smilie
---
#86 Posted: 20:01:47 17/02/2011
Sonicbrawler, no offense, but what is with you and Conker now? :3 First you have a thing for Sonic, with your old avatars and posting Sonic videos, and now it's Conker...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:22 17/02/2011 by Aura24
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#87 Posted: 20:02:57 17/02/2011
To be honest, I'm only worrying about the chance of a Newb flood...
Or IRL, me trying to make a point to someone younger about SSA. You know what I mean... The Miniature Implode'.
#88 Posted: 20:07:15 17/02/2011
He's awesome....
His game is a masterpiece...
The music in his game is amazing, and even won a BAFTA award in 2001...

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me....smilie

Also, I was listening to that song when I read that journal, and thought it was a fitting way to ignore the rabbid hate!smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#89 Posted: 20:08:54 17/02/2011
Sonicbrawler, no offense, but what is with you and Conker now? :3 First you have a thing for Sonic, with your old avatars and posting Sonic videos, and now it's Conker...

You... Forgot... *tapes self over mouth so can't mention LBP* ... Crud.
#90 Posted: 20:11:51 17/02/2011
I have a lot of long running game obsessions, really, just that certain ones are mentioned at different times!smilie

Still a bit obsessed with LoS, hence why I wrote a fanfic....me, of ALL people, writing a fanfic...smilie

On a slightly more on-topic note, I need a pic of Kaos....NOW....so I can do something with it!smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:56 17/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#91 Posted: 20:37:13 17/02/2011
Responding to the earlier posts on-topic, I personally think the fights will be started by the things most fans have been shouting out, like "THEY RAPED SPYRO AND IM NOT PLAYING THIS GAME CAUSE SPYRO IS UGLY!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!"
These people, IMHO, Need to get a grip (No offense intended) Spyro may look different, but have they played the game? Have they seen the whole game in full contrast? I think not. I'm not jumping to conclusions until this game out, but Reasons why I like it are obviously.
Firstly it reminds me of the original Spyro. Unlimited breathe, ligfht-hearted atmosphere and hopefully magical realms.
Secondly, its a fresh change from tLoS. Of course, I liked the first LoS, but the others lost their touch and were very dark, gloomy, whatnot, IMO.
Thirdly, just to annoy the idiotic fans who have no reason to hate it other than Spyro looking different. Immature? Less immature than the fans screaming this out.
Plus these fans also boast "I'll always love Spyro no matter what"...? Ignoring their vows now?
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#92 Posted: 20:43:41 17/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

You... Forgot... *tapes self over mouth so can't mention LBP* ... Crud.

Ah, I wanted to say this but I'm too late.
#93 Posted: 20:54:11 17/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
Responding to the earlier posts on-topic, I personally think the fights will be started by the things most fans have been shouting out, like "THEY RAPED SPYRO AND IM NOT PLAYING THIS GAME CAUSE SPYRO IS UGLY!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!"
These people, IMHO, Need to get a grip (No offense intended) Spyro may look different, but have they played the game? Have they seen the whole game in full contrast? I think not. I'm not jumping to conclusions until this game out, but Reasons why I like it are obviously.
Firstly it reminds me of the original Spyro. Unlimited breathe, ligfht-hearted atmosphere and hopefully magical realms.
Secondly, its a fresh change from tLoS. Of course, I liked the first LoS, but the others lost their touch and were very dark, gloomy, whatnot, IMO.
Thirdly, just to annoy the idiotic fans who have no reason to hate it other than Spyro looking different. Immature? Less immature than the fans screaming this out.
Plus these fans also boast "I'll always love Spyro no matter what"...? Ignoring their vows now?

^This, Activision won't listen to fans anyways...and it's a good thing. Look what became of the LoS. Sierra listened to the fans of Spyro, and they got poor reviews and negative press.
---
#94 Posted: 20:58:45 17/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001

^This, Activision won't listen to fans anyways...and it's a good thing. Look what became of the LoS. Sierra listened to the fans of Spyro, and they got poor reviews and negative press.

While people do like it, even the fans of DotD admit the game had some issues.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#95 Posted: 21:09:46 17/02/2011
Every game has issues, really....even Conker....

Yes, I can point out things I didn't like in Conker's gameplay AND story.....didn't see that coming, did ya?
---
#96 Posted: 21:09:59 17/02/2011
Fanservice much? :3
---
#97 Posted: 21:55:45 17/02/2011

This made me laugh, I have to admit smilie
Especially considering I remember him posting a comment saying he'd never played it before a month ago or so smilie *Note to self: must find that post*

...At least he has obsessions with good games, amirite?
---
#98 Posted: 21:59:40 17/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

This made me laugh, I have to admit smilie
Especially considering I remember him posting a comment saying he'd never played it before a month ago or so smilie *Note to self: must find that post*

...At least he has obsessions with good games, amirite?

I found that post:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/vi...&page=1#2254165
Am I fast? smilie
#99 Posted: 22:01:01 17/02/2011
I downloaded BFD in January, I think, and beat it recently... :3

....Does LoS count as a good game?
---
#100 Posted: 22:06:47 17/02/2011
I downloaded BFD in January, I think, and beat it recently... :3

....Does LoS count as a good game?

It honestly depends on peoples opinions.
---
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me