First | Previous | Page 5 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Skylanders doubts? [CLOSED]
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#201 Posted: 02:21:11 23/02/2011
Eh, it's early days. Demo levels are usually lesser areas of a game anyway.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#202 Posted: 12:15:32 23/02/2011
It's just the concept of the gameplay that put's me off. I have a feeling this could end up worse than DotD in regards to "not knowing it's audience".
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#203 Posted: 14:32:06 23/02/2011
*scratches head and watches how things turn out*
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#204 Posted: 14:42:20 23/02/2011
Oh, it knows it's audience alright. Kids. So far, everything leads to kids.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#205 Posted: 14:47:15 23/02/2011
(CoughBullShetCough)
Seriously, don't the haters realise that if Spyro gets this negitivity then Spyro may not get another game ever again? Its alright to state whether you like it or not but the way some fans react... its just peeing me off in the Extreme, with fans saying they'll "be with Spyro until the End" and then complain about his apperance and say they won't buy the game for no reason, with fans having sigs taking the mickey out of the new game, saying its the end or such.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
It's just the concept of the gameplay that put's me off. I have a feeling this could end up worse than DotD in regards to "not knowing it's audience".

In my opinion, nothing could get as worse as DotD.
They listened to fan ideas, what'd they get?
- Tens of thousands of haters.
- Bad Critics and Reveiws.
- Wars started over the game
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#206 Posted: 14:49:41 23/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
(CoughBullShetCough)
Seriously, don't the haters realise that if Spyro gets this negitivity then Spyro may not get another game ever again? Its alright to state whether you like it or not but the way some fans react... its just peeing me off in the Extreme, with fans saying they'll "be with Spyro until the End" and then complain about his apperance and say they won't buy the game for no reason, with fans having sigs taking the mickey out of the new game, saying its the end or such.

In my opinion, nothing could get as worse as DotD.
They listened to fan ideas, what'd they get?
- Tens of thousands of haters.
- Bad Critics and Reveiws.
- Wars started over the game

^This!
I think I said so on another section of the SSA forum. For every SSA copy that goes unsold, the chances of our little purple friend returning to his own series get slimmer and slimmer. The anti-SSA are ruining Spyro's chances of returning to his own series. I don't know about other people, but I'm really PO'd about that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:01 23/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#207 Posted: 14:57:16 23/02/2011
But I'm looking at the gameplay and other things, not so much the toys...

You see, they said that you can save character stats onto the toys, and that there will be a focus on RPG-like upgrading. This leads me to believe that there will be a long list of upgrades for each character, and that some grinding will be required to beat the game. Otherwise, why not just make the game without toys? If the upgrades in this are not time-consuming, then why can't I just save my stats on my hard drive, rather than paying for a toy?

To make matters worse, the gameplay looks too simple so far.

So it's got stats and stuff like Final Fantasy/Elder Scrolls/Mass Effect, etc, but has super simple combat and platforming?
That's what worries me...
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#208 Posted: 15:23:08 23/02/2011
(CoughBullShetCough)

^this

By complaining, it will make it look as if we don't want another Spyro game, and they'll axe the franchise altogether. Then when you say "Skylanders killed Spyro", I'll have no choice but to rage upon you and claim that the raging fans are the ones that killed Spyro, by not giving the game a damn chance.

So it's got stats and stuff like Final Fantasy/Elder Scrolls/Mass Effect, etc, but has super simple combat and platforming?

Ok, but think about it. The developers listened to us with DotD. And while it got decent reviews from some people (IGN gave it a 6/10), it was the game that set LoS away from the rest of the franchise, and not in a good way. It's because they listened to us, that the fanbase is now split in two.

Gameplay is simple? Mario's gameplay is simple. LittleBigPlanet's gameplay is simple. Hell, Classic Spyro's gameplay was simple. But they have critical acclaim. What would stop this from doing the same?
#209 Posted: 15:33:21 23/02/2011
Quote: CAV
(CoughBullShetCough)

^this

By complaining, it will make it look as if we don't want another Spyro game, and they'll axe the franchise altogether. Then when you say "Skylanders killed Spyro", I'll have no choice but to rage upon you and claim that the raging fans are the ones that killed Spyro, by not giving the game a damn chance.

Ok, but think about it. The developers listened to us with DotD. And while it got decent reviews from some people (IGN gave it a 6/10), it was the game that set LoS away from the rest of the franchise, and not in a good way. It's because they listened to us, that the fanbase is now split in two.

Gameplay is simple? Mario's gameplay is simple. LittleBigPlanet's gameplay is simple. Hell, Classic Spyro's gameplay was simple. But they have critical acclaim. What would stop this from doing the same?

DotD actually got a 7/10 from IGN on consoles. 5/10 on DS.

I said TOO simple.

Sonic's gameplay is simple, but you have physics based platforming and the speedrun factor.
Mario's gameplay is simple, but you have power-up based gameplay and the speedrun factor.
Conker's Bad Fur Day has simple gameplay, but it has obscene amounts of variety, to the point where it pretty much changes genres throughout the game.
LittleBigPlanet is simple, but provides you with the ability to create your own games, which can be as simple or complicated as you want.
Classic Spyro had simple gameplay, but had variety also.

So far, all I have seen in Skylanders is fighting hoards of enemies with one or two attacks, and some very basic platforming.
---
#210 Posted: 15:47:57 23/02/2011
(CoughBullShetCough)

^this

DotD actually got a 7/10 from IGN on consoles. 5/10 on DS.

I said TOO simple.

Sonic's gameplay is simple, but you have physics based platforming and the speedrun factor.
Mario's gameplay is simple, but you have power-up based gameplay and the speedrun factor.
Conker's Bad Fur Day has simple gameplay, but it has obscene amounts of variety, to the point where it pretty much changes genres throughout the game.
LittleBigPlanet is simple, but provides you with the ability to create your own games, which can be as simple or complicated as you want.
Classic Spyro had simple gameplay, but had variety also.

So far, all I have seen in Skylanders is fighting hoards of enemies with one or two attacks, and some very basic platforming.

The original Spyros had Simple gameplay, and they are universally abdored. TBH I quite like the look of Skylanders because of its quirky gameplay and charm. It has light atmospheres and fun characters!
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#211 Posted: 15:50:18 23/02/2011
Yeah the Classics had simple gameplay too, sonicbrawler..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#212 Posted: 15:54:33 23/02/2011
As I said, I know the Classics had simple gameplay. But it's a totally different thing to this.

The characters look generic as far as I'm concerned.
The gameplay does not look quirky, unlike the Classics. It looks comparable to the Shrek the Third game(which is also published by Activision, might I add).
---
#213 Posted: 15:55:37 23/02/2011
We also saw DEMOS, Sonicbrawler. It's still a work in progress, you can't expect demos to be complete. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#214 Posted: 16:00:55 23/02/2011
As I said, I know the Classics had simple gameplay. But it's a totally different thing to this.

The characters look generic as far as I'm concerned.
The gameplay does not look quirky, unlike the Classics. It looks comparable to the Shrek the Third game(which is also published by Activision, might I add).

It looks excellent in my eyes. It has the same sort of level layouts.
Plus, who care about the Characters? It is the Game I'm looking at.
---
#215 Posted: 16:03:38 23/02/2011
And I know that full well. You are talking to someone who has actually played an alpha build of a game, and trust me, a lot can change.

But Activision have released more than enough information for me to analyse. I can still make judgements on what I think SO FAR.
---
#216 Posted: 16:04:37 23/02/2011
Understandable, but its still too eary to judge whether or not if people should buy the game...
---
#217 Posted: 16:09:01 23/02/2011
I won't judge whether or not other people should buy an unreleased game. I hardly even do the with released games. But I am perfectly entitled to decide whether or not I want to buy it myself. Right now, I'm not buying it, at least not on release.

Quote:
Plus, who care about the Characters? It is the Game I'm looking at.

That's what I mean. Characters add a lot to gameplay, but if done wrong, they feel like a complete waste of time(and in Skylanders' case, money).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:34 23/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#218 Posted: 16:17:21 23/02/2011
RPGs and adventures go together like ice cream and Peruvian death peppers. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#219 Posted: 16:20:34 23/02/2011
Quote: HIR
RPGs and adventures go together like ice cream and Peruvian death peppers. <.<;

That's not even it for me(I like some adventure games with RPG elements).
The thing that gets me is that they intend to create an RPG like universe and stat system, yet the gameplay is like that of a kids' movie tie-in.
---
#220 Posted: 22:42:52 23/02/2011
I just don't understand the anti-SSA, and these wars they are starting are really starting to get annoying.

Now there are some anti-SSA who are not fighting with others, and I respect them. But the loudmouthed violent ones are seriously getting on my nerves.
#221 Posted: 22:44:27 23/02/2011
I'm sick of it too.
---
#222 Posted: 22:45:17 23/02/2011

LoS (especially TEN) was exactly like that. It seemed as though everything was "kill, kill, kill, jump, kill". And don't use Dragon Time as an excuse, since it has been done before.
#223 Posted: 22:48:54 23/02/2011
No, they had a good few diverse moves in there, and they had wll runs and stuff in DotD.

Basically, I think this game has the moveset of the Insomniac games, but the enemy hoards of LoS.
---
#224 Posted: 22:49:53 23/02/2011
As for you anti-SSA, the game is coming out whether you like it or not, my suggestion, get used to it and start to respect those who feel differently. You can have your opinions, but stop criticizing those who have different opinions than you.
#225 Posted: 22:51:20 23/02/2011
No, they had a good few diverse moves in there, and they had wll runs and stuff in DotD.

Basically, I think this game has the moveset of the Insomniac games, but the enemy hoards of LoS.

For the most part you would hit one button and use an element power occationally.

See? They are combining LoS and Classic. They are trying to bring the fandom back into one, but niether side will give the damn game a chance.
#226 Posted: 22:54:24 23/02/2011

For the most part you would hit one button and use an element power occationally.

See? They are combining LoS and Classic. They are trying to bring the fandom back into one, but niether side will give the damn game a chance.

^This!!!!!!
#227 Posted: 23:01:27 23/02/2011
If you're talking about ANB, I agree. I only really use fire in that.
TEN.....I prefer to strategize....less frustrating.
DotD, it's possible to get through the game using just melees, but you have to really watch your health. However, you can spam Cynder's Shadow Strike on some enemies, and the game is open-ended.

So far, Skylanders looks a little linear, and the pathways look like you can just walk through them, with enemies popping up.
I hope we see some more exploration based levels in upcoming trailers.

The thing I liked about LoS was that the combat was easy to use, but takes time to master.
From the info we have, Skylanders seems like it will be easy to use, easy to master.
This could change though, and I hope it does.
---
#228 Posted: 23:07:08 23/02/2011
DotD uses more variety with more elements, different combat, and the free flight. ANB and TEN are near identical, except that TEN is more difficult than ANB. I try to make variety as well, but in the end it's "kill, kill, kill, jump, kill".

ANB and TEN are linear as well. You go from point A to point B, and kill everyone in the way.

Maybe it will be easy to master, but in the end with all of the characters, there is variety, and of course you have upgrading.
#229 Posted: 23:11:13 23/02/2011
Like I mentioned in my last post, it's a little early to be discussing the combat. At the moment, it isn't as appealing as LoS to me, that's all I can say. I could go into great detail about my opinions on the LoS gameplay, but I don't feel like doing that right now, as I'm having "one of those days".
---
#230 Posted: 23:46:25 23/02/2011
It doesn't look as appealing as LoS. That's true. It looks like it's trying to be Classic.
#231 Posted: 23:50:06 23/02/2011
They said in the announcements that it is based off of his "PS1 glory days".
From what I've seen, it doesn't look like they are living up to that claim.
However, I won't go saying that they are killing the franchise just yet. As many have said, this game is really just to get his name known again.
---
#232 Posted: 23:53:12 23/02/2011
Exactly. Add that with the art design, and you can see that they are trying to combine Classic and LoS.

But nobody wants to give it a shot.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#233 Posted: 23:57:17 23/02/2011
And on YouTube I've seen comments complaining that "all they want is a Spyro game like the Original games", or "a game combining the two series".. Can't they see THIS is it? And this isn't even a Spyro game! By that I mean, this isn't even his game. It's all of the characters'. And after this game, I'm sure we'll see a game with Spyro in his rightful Universe.
#234 Posted: 23:57:37 23/02/2011
I've seen a good few people willing to try it. I wnat to try it, but there are certain things that may prevent me from doing so, things not really related to the game itself.
---
#235 Posted: 00:05:46 24/02/2011
Quote: Darby
And on YouTube I've seen comments complaining that "all they want is a Spyro game like the Original games", or "a game combining the two series".. Can't they see THIS is it? And this isn't even a Spyro game! By that I mean, this isn't even his game. It's all of the characters'. And after this game, I'm sure we'll see a game with Spyro in his rightful Universe.

*facepalm*
#236 Posted: 00:07:44 24/02/2011
Maybe my LBP2 Spyro game will satisfy them?
(When it's done, of course)
---
#237 Posted: 00:13:15 24/02/2011
Facepalming at my stupidity or theirs? smilie
#238 Posted: 00:13:33 24/02/2011
Facepalming at my stupidity or theirs? smilie

Theirs of course. smilie
#239 Posted: 02:16:38 24/02/2011
Heh, making sure! smilie
There are so many rediculous comments on YouTube! Gahh! Here: (copy, pasted, and censored)

Quote:
WHAT THE ****

THEY KILLED MY CHILDHOOD

WHY CANT THEY JUST MAKE A ******* NORMAL SPYRO GAME LIKE THEY DID FOR THE PS1? THOSE WERE THE BEST GAMES EVER. WOW SPYRO LOOKS UGLIER THAN MY******** A****** THIS GAME IS******** GONNA BE THE BIGGEST FLOP
Quote:
This sucks

that **** is ******* gremlin and i dont care some lame pokemon rip off figures

rip spyro 1998-2000

wow you******** morons have raping this seris 10 years now

dont try fix something that isnt broken.

And best for last:
Quote:
THIS IS THE WORST ******* EXCUSE FOR A VIDEO GAME. PERIOD. I SPENT 3 ******* YEARS WAITING FOR THIS???!!! THIS IS A GAME FOR 2 YEAR OLDS!!!!!! FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ACTUAL GAME, THEN YOU YOU HAVE TO BUY THE TOYS TO PLAY IT!!!! ALL TOGETHER THAT COSTS $100!!! DO YOU REALY WANT TO SPEND ALL YOUR******** ******* MONEY ON A CRAPPY 2 YEAR OLDS' GAME??!!!! THE CHARACTERS ARENT EVEN BASED ON THE SPYRO THE DRAGON SERIES OR THE LEGEND******** OF SPYRO SERIES!! THEY COULD OF COMBINED THE SERIES'! PLZ LIKE!
To make their point clearer, of course they used caps and used amazing grammar. smilie smilie

Those comments either make me giggle or want to kick someone.
#240 Posted: 02:27:24 24/02/2011
They shouldn't even deserve to be called Spyro fans at all..
---
#241 Posted: 03:58:49 24/02/2011
Heh, making sure! smilie
There are so many rediculous comments on YouTube! Gahh! Here: (copy, pasted, and censored)

Quote:
WHAT THE ****

THEY KILLED MY CHILDHOOD

WHY CANT THEY JUST MAKE A ******* NORMAL SPYRO GAME LIKE THEY DID FOR THE PS1? THOSE WERE THE BEST GAMES EVER. WOW SPYRO LOOKS UGLIER THAN MY******** A****** THIS GAME IS******** GONNA BE THE BIGGEST FLOP
Quote:
This sucks

rip spyro 1998-2000

And best for last:
Quote:
THIS IS THE WORST ******* EXCUSE FOR A VIDEO GAME. PERIOD. I SPENT 3 ******* YEARS WAITING FOR THIS???!!! THIS IS A GAME FOR 2 YEAR OLDS!!!!!! FIRST OF ALL YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ACTUAL GAME, THEN YOU YOU HAVE TO BUY THE TOYS TO PLAY IT!!!! ALL TOGETHER THAT COSTS $100!!! DO YOU REALY WANT TO SPEND ALL YOUR******** ******* MONEY ON A CRAPPY 2 YEAR OLDS' GAME??!!!! THE CHARACTERS ARENT EVEN BASED ON THE SPYRO THE DRAGON SERIES OR THE LEGEND******** OF SPYRO SERIES!! THEY COULD OF COMBINED THE SERIES'! PLZ LIKE!
To make their point clearer, of course they used caps and used amazing grammar. smilie smilie

smilie ..... smilie

smilie BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic lol! smilie I can't breathe its so funny! They're freaking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid f'ing SOBs. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:01:05 24/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#242 Posted: 04:14:10 24/02/2011
Heh, making sure! smilie

Quote:
WHAT THE ****

THEY KILLED MY CHILDHOOD

Quote:
This sucks

rip spyro 1998-2000

And best for last:
Quote:

........I just smashed my laptop and now my 7 key popped off. I need my anti-depressants...
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#243 Posted: 05:25:50 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
You need help
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#244 Posted: 07:27:07 24/02/2011
^Here we go again.
Fan-f'ing-tastic
#245 Posted: 13:41:09 24/02/2011
Heh, making sure! smilie

Quote:
WHAT THE ****

THEY KILLED MY CHILDHOOD

Quote:
This sucks

rip spyro 1998-2000

And best for last:
Quote:

*ignores, and keeps listening to Rock Solid*
---
#246 Posted: 14:12:57 24/02/2011
*whistles*
Awkward moment.
#247 Posted: 20:57:14 24/02/2011
Ahh, just like spyrocynderfan to call the awkward moment smilie
Sorry to frustrate you CAV, I just posted them because I found them ridiculous to the point they're funny. smilie
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#248 Posted: 21:24:56 24/02/2011
They make a few ok points, it's just buried under immature ramble.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#249 Posted: 21:44:49 24/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101
You need help

Wow. Just wow. Rather than respond to the PM I sent you, you would instead comment with "you need help". No **** I need help. I'm suffering through a depression and my temper doesn't help. You're damn right I need help. And you can help me out by responding to the PM I sent you.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#250 Posted: 22:51:39 24/02/2011
*pat pat* Looks like you and I are in the same boat, CAV. Try not to let the little things eat at you, if you can.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me