Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > News and Updates > Spyro's Next Adventure Announced
First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spyro's Next Adventure Announced
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#251 Posted: 01:25:06 17/02/2011
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Spyro's design is just bad, it doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it trying to be realstic or cute? You can't tell. It's also way overdesigned, too many pointless things added like more spikes, those 2 teeth sticking out and way too many spots. It just looks tacky, way too rushed and unoriginal. Also add a money grabbing gimmick and pointless characters.

SUCH A WINING FORMULA

First off, I want to thank you for giving a proper reason why you don't like the design instead of just saying "it sucks because I said so". Since it's my nature, I'm going to respond to them.

I highly doubt it's trying to be cute, and that it's trying to be realistic. But I'm going to assume that you are correct and that they were trying to balance out the two. It's not cute if you ask me, it looks more like the pet of a demon. Frankly, I like that kind of stuff, so I guess that could be a reason why I like the design.

To say it's overdesigned is to say that Call of Duty or Uncharted is too detailed. It doesn't make much sense.

Personally, I think unoriginal would've been to copy the LoS or DotD design. At least these guys tried something new instead of playing it safe.

The only way you are going to get the Classic design that everybody wants is if you get Insomniac to make the games again. I would be shocked and glad if you manage to pull that off.

And yeah, it's a gimmick. So was Guitar Hero and the Wii. And look how those two turned out. I'm not going to say that the same will happen to this, or that it won't. I'm saying that I'm looking at it with an open mind, and it could actually turn out good.

And you can say that several LoS and Classic characters were pointless as well.

It's a winning formula is people are going to buy it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its sales are going into the crapper.

Oh, and for referring to me as a fantard, I find it strange you assume that when time and time again I've shown hatred for Activision and their business decisions, and how I constantly note that ETD was one of the worst games of all time. Yep, that stuff definately makes me a fantard. /sarcasm
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#252 Posted: 06:31:51 17/02/2011
CONS: Yes, Spyro's look. He is rather ugly I have to admit. He actually looks strange enough to have me call him "Quasi-Spyro". And the other characters? So far, I feel no thrill for them. They look like vending-machine toys. To me, good video game characters are otherworldy creatures of flesh and often elements, not quite so silly and robotic-looking. I'd be playing as Quasi-Spyro the whole time and be fine with it if all the characters are that silly. And the toys are... bizarre... I was reading the article about the toy concept and frowning in a mixture of dismay and bewilderment. And I have to agree that so far Spyro does seem tacked on, as some have said. Also I wish the older characters like Hunter were in this instead.

PROS: The levels look good! Fun to play around in, for sure. I was noting how gorgeous the water looked in one screenshot. And then the story is pretty neat too... the thing about the characters being turned into toys in another dimension is a pretty cool concept I think. Then again, I've always had a faded boundary between planes of reality... hee hee. And did I misunderstand something, or did it say that I can use my computer as a console to play this, meaning that I WON'T have to buy a new one??!! If that's the case, then that is AMAZING, and I offer my endless thanks. All these new games should be so formatted...

Overall, I will probably end up playing this but I'm not going to say for sure until I see some solid customer reviews come this fall. smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#253 Posted: 06:35:12 17/02/2011
There's also going to be a griffon, a feathered dragon, and a water dragon character in the game. Spyro isn't going to be the only dragon smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#254 Posted: 10:23:26 17/02/2011
Quote: CAV
Spyro's design is just bad, it doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it trying to be realstic or cute? You can't tell. It's also way overdesigned, too many pointless things added like more spikes, those 2 teeth sticking out and way too many spots. It just looks tacky, way too rushed and unoriginal. Also add a money grabbing gimmick and pointless characters.

SUCH A WINING FORMULA

First off, I want to thank you for giving a proper reason why you don't like the design instead of just saying "it sucks because I said so". Since it's my nature, I'm going to respond to them.

I highly doubt it's trying to be cute, and that it's trying to be realistic. But I'm going to assume that you are correct and that they were trying to balance out the two. It's not cute if you ask me, it looks more like the pet of a demon. Frankly, I like that kind of stuff, so I guess that could be a reason why I like the design.

To say it's overdesigned is to say that Call of Duty or Uncharted is too detailed. It doesn't make much sense.

Personally, I think unoriginal would've been to copy the LoS or DotD design. At least these guys tried something new instead of playing it safe.

The only way you are going to get the Classic design that everybody wants is if you get Insomniac to make the games again. I would be shocked and glad if you manage to pull that off.

And yeah, it's a gimmick. So was Guitar Hero and the Wii. And look how those two turned out. I'm not going to say that the same will happen to this, or that it won't. I'm saying that I'm looking at it with an open mind, and it could actually turn out good.

And you can say that several LoS and Classic characters were pointless as well.

It's a winning formula is people are going to buy it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its sales are going into the crapper.

Oh, and for referring to me as a fantard, I find it strange you assume that when time and time again I've shown hatred for Activision and their business decisions, and how I constantly note that ETD was one of the worst games of all time. Yep, that stuff definately makes me a fantard. /sarcasm

Beauty is in the eye of beholder and you can't force somebody to like or dislike something, the design looks like any other stereotypical dragon shape and it just looks bland. It's like they got some kid to come up with the most unoriginal dragon design they could think of. It looks way too generic and outdated, nothing new. btw the characters in the original trilogy actually added more to the game, they added new levels and give a new way to play. The characters in spyro's adventure are just added to make more money. Also look at what happened to guitar hero, it got cancelled and I never play my Wii any more and just like most wii's it's just in my closet getting dusty. You call the successful? LOLOL.

Please do us all a favour and stop bashing the people who don't like the design, I never said that the game is not going to sell because I said so. I said the formula is way too money grabbing. It's my opinion and I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just defending them
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#255 Posted: 11:28:32 17/02/2011
dark52... This shouldn't even be on this site. It not a Spyro game. It a game with Spyro and his name in it. A trick from Activision to score more money.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#256 Posted: 11:35:37 17/02/2011
Any character's name could have been shoved into the title, the only reason why it's called a Spyro game so it would sell more
#257 Posted: 14:16:42 17/02/2011
Quote: Crush
dark52... This shouldn't even be on this site. It not a Spyro game. It a game with Spyro and his name in it. A trick from Activision to score more money.

lolz that's what you think of the game. It was dark52's decision to post Skylanders Spyro news on this site, not yours. If he thinks it's not a Spyro game, he wouldn't have posted this, but he did, to spread the news around of Skylanders and that it's a new Spyro game. And this is a 'Spyro' forum, and the news is Spyro-related..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 16:37:39 17/02/2011 by Aura24
#258 Posted: 17:21:39 17/02/2011
Quote: Aura24

lolz that's what you think of the game. It was dark52's decision to post Skylanders Spyro news on this site, not yours. If he thinks it's not a Spyro game, he wouldn't have posted this, but he did, to spread the news around of Skylanders and that it's a new Spyro game. And this is a 'Spyro' forum, and the news is Spyro-related..

wtf what's the point in editing it 6 times?
#259 Posted: 17:32:12 17/02/2011

wtf what's the point in editing it 6 times?

There was something wrong with my pc at the time... smilie
---
#260 Posted: 18:33:54 17/02/2011
^ oh yes I've heard about that problem, when computers can edit your posts :|
GrandSpyro18 Blue Sparx Gems: 896
#261 Posted: 23:06:03 17/02/2011
Sound excellent spyros back but his appearance why did they change it? probably cause of copyright. everythings fine it's just the face
---
Ugh
#262 Posted: 00:26:56 18/02/2011
There's also going to be a griffon, a feathered dragon, and a water dragon character in the game. Spyro isn't going to be the only dragon

Really? Where did you see or hear this? smilie
---
#263 Posted: 00:29:13 18/02/2011
The griffon and the water dragon are seen in the opening of the teaser trailer, while the feathered dragon is seen on Toys R Us' webpage of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. Go to this topic here: //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=37014
---
Darkmor Green Sparx Gems: 417
#264 Posted: 02:46:41 18/02/2011
It looks intseresting, I wish Cynder, and some of the older characters were on it though.
---
Rawr.
#265 Posted: 04:03:05 18/02/2011
Beauty is in the eye of beholder and you can't force somebody to like or dislike something, the design looks like any other stereotypical dragon shape and it just looks bland. It's like they got some kid to come up with the most unoriginal dragon design they could think of. It looks way too generic and outdated, nothing new. btw the characters in the original trilogy actually added more to the game, they added new levels and give a new way to play. The characters in spyro's adventure are just added to make more money. Also look at what happened to guitar hero, it got cancelled and I never play my Wii any more and just like most wii's it's just in my closet getting dusty. You call the successful? LOLOL.

Please do us all a favour and stop bashing the people who don't like the design, I never said that the game is not going to sell because I said so. I said the formula is way too money grabbing. It's my opinion and I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just defending them

I'm not trying to force anybody to like the design. That's not something I do.

If you think it looks generic, that's fine.

If that is in fact the reason why they put Spyro in there, then it's a stupid one. The gaming world has forgotten about Spyro and don't care for the character. Regardless of if he was in the game or not, it would've sold. Spyro being in the game doesn't help its sales, and no, it won't get sales from the fanbase since it's fairly obvious they are pissed.

Guitar Hero got cancelled because it wasn't selling anymore, because Activision wasn't trying to add anything new, and were instead churning them out every year. The same goes for Call of Duty, and why that series is still alive let alone get millions of sales is beyond me.

And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that the item was a failure. The Wii is the 5th best selling console of all time, with 84 million sales. That sounds like a success to me.

I'm not bashing people that don't like the design. If it looks that way, I apologize. I'm only bashing the people that refuse to buy the game and assume it's terrible just because of the design. It's just like with Sonic 4 when people refused to try out the game because he had green eyes. I don't mind it if you don't want to buy the game. But at least give a better reason than "THE DESIGN SUCKS!". There are people here that gave logical reasons. They don't think the toy idea will work, they don't have the money, or they think the gameplay looks weak. That's fine. But reasons like "the design sucks, therefore the game sucks" doesn't really cut it for me, and only makes me think that you liked the old Spyro games just because of his design, which is really shallow.
CynderClaw Green Sparx Gems: 160
#266 Posted: 21:04:25 18/02/2011
It looks good, it would not be the first time they changed Spyro's look. The old saying, Don't jugde a book by its cover, couts here. In my opinion, I think he's cute. So don't dis the game, just be glade there is another spyro game out. if ya don't want to buy it, I'm ok with that. if ya do want to buy it, go ahead no one is ganna stop you (well unless you're a kid or teen, you're dead broke and your mom or dad don't buy it). Just think before you type what you feel about the game, read the discrption first (if there is one) then type how you feel. Don't jump to conclustions. ok? I just want everyone to know that I try not to offend ANYONE. And that I am terrible at making speaches and spelling. But really, don't say the game is ganna be a waist off muney just by looking at the design. Yea I was serprized too, But I grew to luv it, in time. =3
---
As night rose, the town's people heard a blood thersty howl, only to find a cold, lifeless, bloody body. It had retured. The Black Dog.-CynderClaw
#267 Posted: 00:51:22 19/02/2011

I'm not trying to force anybody to like the design. That's not something I do.

If you think it looks generic, that's fine.

If that is in fact the reason why they put Spyro in there, then it's a stupid one. The gaming world has forgotten about Spyro and don't care for the character. Regardless of if he was in the game or not, it would've sold. Spyro being in the game doesn't help its sales, and no, it won't get sales from the fanbase since it's fairly obvious they are pissed.

Guitar Hero got cancelled because it wasn't selling anymore, because Activision wasn't trying to add anything new, and were instead churning them out every year. The same goes for Call of Duty, and why that series is still alive let alone get millions of sales is beyond me.

And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that the item was a failure. The Wii is the 5th best selling console of all time, with 84 million sales. That sounds like a success to me.

I'm not bashing people that don't like the design. If it looks that way, I apologize. I'm only bashing the people that refuse to buy the game and assume it's terrible just because of the design. It's just like with Sonic 4 when people refused to try out the game because he had green eyes. I don't mind it if you don't want to buy the game. But at least give a better reason than "THE DESIGN SUCKS!". There are people here that gave logical reasons. They don't think the toy idea will work, they don't have the money, or they think the gameplay looks weak. That's fine. But reasons like "the design sucks, therefore the game sucks" doesn't really cut it for me, and only makes me think that you liked the old Spyro games just because of his design, which is really shallow.

I never liked the first game just because of it's design, the original trilogy had some amazing design tbh. The worlds were creative/imaginative and all the playable characters were unique. Looking at SA's trailer all the characters just look shallow and just there to add more money. Once again your came coming to your own close minded conclusions way too quickly, I have never mentioned that I wasn't going to buy it. (I would buy anything that hanz zimmer in it) I'm just critical of the design choices and the whole gimmick. For something to be successful it doesn't have sell loads of copies, it can be successful it's own fanbase and have a long lasting appeal
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:01 19/02/2011 by Blackholes_Wolf
#268 Posted: 02:20:04 19/02/2011
I never liked the first game just because of it's design, the original trilogy had some amazing design tbh. The worlds were creative/imaginative and all the playable characters were unique. Looking at SA's trailer all the characters just look shallow and just there to add more money. Once again your came coming to your own close minded conclusions way too quickly, I have never mentioned that I wasn't going to buy it. (I would buy anything that hanz zimmer in it) I'm just critical of the design choices and the whole gimmick. For something to be successful it doesn't have sell loads of copies, it can be successful it's own fanbase and have a long lasting appeal

I wasn't talking directly to you. I was talking in general, and that's how it looks like. Odds are it isn't, and since that's the case, then why are so many people refusing to buy the game just because of his design?

Everybody has close minded moments. I look to everything open minded, but I will admit that this isn't one of those times. But I remember you saying that you don't want to buy the game, mostly because of the gimmick.

Sadly, that's not how companies see it. To them, critical acclaim or a large fanbase doesn't make the game successful. It's about how many sales it gets. Why do you think Guitar Hero lasted as long as it did? The popularity of it ended with World Tour, and from there reviews became more critical. But the games were still selling, and that's why Activision kept it going. They noticed that the bad reviews helped in the decline of sales, and so they ceased production, leaving Rock Band as the only major rhythm game series out there. And unlike GH, Rock Band was constantly changing, making the games better. Maybe Activision would learn from that. Highly doubt it though. But that's besides the point.

As a gamer, a game can be successful in any way possible. But I decided to step away from that and look at things in a business standpoint, and in that case sales is the only thing that makes a game a success. There are a few companies out there that do try to make good games to get more sales (Nintendo, Capcom, etc). But the majority only care about sales, like Activision. It sucks, but there's nothing you nor I can do about it.

Somebody's gonna complain about the long posts....
duke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1210
#269 Posted: 02:52:31 19/02/2011
I cant deal with this theyve ruined spyro!!!!!!!
---
id kill you for a clondike bar.
#270 Posted: 02:53:43 19/02/2011
Quote: duke

That's what the majority of the fanbase say, in their perspectives...
---
#271 Posted: 13:34:09 19/02/2011

I wasn't talking directly to you. I was talking in general, and that's how it looks like. Odds are it isn't, and since that's the case, then why are so many people refusing to buy the game just because of his design?

Everybody has close minded moments. I look to everything open minded, but I will admit that this isn't one of those times. But I remember you saying that you don't want to buy the game, mostly because of the gimmick.

Sadly, that's not how companies see it. To them, critical acclaim or a large fanbase doesn't make the game successful. It's about how many sales it gets. Why do you think Guitar Hero lasted as long as it did? The popularity of it ended with World Tour, and from there reviews became more critical. But the games were still selling, and that's why Activision kept it going. They noticed that the bad reviews helped in the decline of sales, and so they ceased production, leaving Rock Band as the only major rhythm game series out there. And unlike GH, Rock Band was constantly changing, making the games better. Maybe Activision would learn from that. Highly doubt it though. But that's besides the point.

As a gamer, a game can be successful in any way possible. But I decided to step away from that and look at things in a business standpoint, and in that case sales is the only thing that makes a game a success. There are a few companies out there that do try to make good games to get more sales (Nintendo, Capcom, etc). But the majority only care about sales, like Activision. It sucks, but there's nothing you nor I can do about it.

Somebody's gonna complain about the long posts....

If your were directly posting at everybody then what't the point at quoting my quote? Also I have never said I wasn't going to buy the game, seriously read over my posts again. For me gimmicks never last, they become boring or tedious, the reason why GH stopped selling because once brought one game. You've played them all, also not everybody was going to buy a game with a massive guitar again and again. Tbh I look at everything in my own prescriptive, it may sound close minded but everybody dose it.

Of course these are just my opinions
spyrogems Gold Sparx Gems: 2626
#272 Posted: 15:39:33 19/02/2011
yay new spyro game cool
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#273 Posted: 17:55:55 19/02/2011
Quote: duke

Seriously, you haven't given any reason as to why to dislike it. Give a reason or things like this are kinda pointless and just annoy people.

As for me, I'm not jumping to conclusions until I Play the game.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#274 Posted: 01:30:16 20/02/2011
If your were directly posting at everybody then what't the point at quoting my quote? Also I have never said I wasn't going to buy the game, seriously read over my posts again. For me gimmicks never last, they become boring or tedious, the reason why GH stopped selling because once brought one game. You've played them all, also not everybody was going to buy a game with a massive guitar again and again. Tbh I look at everything in my own prescriptive, it may sound close minded but everybody dose it.

I was quoting you because I wanted to respond to you.

Note that you don't need to buy another guitar for GH. And it stopped selling after World Tour, since that was the last time it actually did something new. People noticed that Rock Band was constantly changing, and they were constantly uploading DLC. GH wasn't uploading as much DLC as Rock Band, and they didn't change anything for the last few games. That's why it stopped selling.

So do I. But sometimes it's nice to look at things with an open mind. That's what I'm doing with Skylanders. I highly doubt the idea will work since Toys For Bob only made one memorable game and that was years ago when it was under different management. But I'm still wondering what would happen if they did get it right.

And these are my opinions.

When you're not trolling, you're actually nice to talk/debate to.
spyro boy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#275 Posted: 02:44:52 20/02/2011
This can be good or bad
---
N@than $chuch
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#276 Posted: 09:07:43 20/02/2011
Everybody complainin' at Spyro's design. Still better than rabbid sock!
smilie Mista rabbid sock <\3

But say, about complain Spyro game.
Think about it.
Who makes Spyro game, Spyro game?

He's small.
He's cute.
He flies.
He has wings.
He gathers gems.

We all know who he is.

So, anybody seen Sparx?
---
Keep smile
Sparky5 Blue Sparx Gems: 809
#277 Posted: 15:54:02 20/02/2011
I kinda miss the old Spyro. When I first heard of this game, I was SO looking foward to it! Now I'm really disapointed. Spyro will never be the same again. :-( I hate Activision!!!!!!
#278 Posted: 15:55:56 20/02/2011
Is the character designs of Spyro really what matters to some Spyro fans out there to make their decision for them?
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#279 Posted: 15:56:31 20/02/2011
Is the character designs of Spyro really what matters to some Spyro fans out there to make their decision for them?

Apparently so.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#280 Posted: 16:01:40 20/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

Apparently so.

And they call themselves Spyro fans. What kind of Spyro fans? Fans who simply judge a Spyro game only by Spyro's appearance, then deem the unreleased game worthy or a failure because it isn't what they asked for about the Spyro's appearance?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:09:39 20/02/2011 by Aura24
#281 Posted: 18:03:09 21/02/2011
Quite personally, the more I see/hear of this game, the more I anticipate playing it. smilie
---
#282 Posted: 18:05:40 21/02/2011
Quote: SequoiaDragon
Quite personally, the more I see/hear of this game, the more I anticipate playing it. smilie

Me too. I know for sure they'll reveal the game at this year's E3 and Comic Con. smilie
---
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#283 Posted: 23:02:02 21/02/2011
Why does this sound like a Little Big Planet rip-off to me? :X
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
#284 Posted: 23:08:25 21/02/2011
Quote: arathyne
Why does this sound like a Little Big Planet rip-off to me? :X

It's not a LBP rip-off in any way. Unless you're talking about getting the toys.
---
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#285 Posted: 23:11:52 21/02/2011
Yeah, the toys seem to be like the sack people in LBP. But oh well, I'll see how the game goes.
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
#286 Posted: 00:21:18 22/02/2011
^Not really. The sackboy plush in RL doesn't effect the game. smilie
rasigar_dragon2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#287 Posted: 01:49:17 23/02/2011
Quote: Thunderdragon14
AWW so it's not in TLoS? D':

Yeah I'm a bit sad about that too. But at least it's a Spyro game we'll probably enjoy.

Yeah its really ugly the los series is far much better but I liked the original
....still worth playing this one and hope we can fly freely on this one
---
[RYUSEI: My reflexes are honed by years of gaming!]
#288 Posted: 00:35:52 24/02/2011

I was quoting you because I wanted to respond to you.

Note that you don't need to buy another guitar for GH. And it stopped selling after World Tour, since that was the last time it actually did something new. People noticed that Rock Band was constantly changing, and they were constantly uploading DLC. GH wasn't uploading as much DLC as Rock Band, and they didn't change anything for the last few games. That's why it stopped selling.

So do I. But sometimes it's nice to look at things with an open mind. That's what I'm doing with Skylanders. I highly doubt the idea will work since Toys For Bob only made one memorable game and that was years ago when it was under different management. But I'm still wondering what would happen if they did get it right.

And these are my opinions.

When you're not trolling, you're actually nice to talk/debate to.

I try my best to keep a open mind and the reason why the GH got cancelled was a mix of reasons, with the main one being money, gimmicks never last long and the market got overfilled with rhythm games. If the market becomes too overfilled, consumers will more likely ignore. The video game crash in the 80s is proof enough of this. Tbh Rock band is more likely to have the same fate. For me Skylander looks rushed, watching the trailer again you can see odd animations, for example when spyro opens and closes his mouth. He looks like a hand puppet. this could be because it's still in beta but it could be a early sign of lazy developing. It also raises questions like what other wrong design/gameplay choices they have made. Also the sacrifices they have made to other parts of the game for the gimmick which is probably going to limit the story/gameplay. Most of the characters sound like there going to be copy pasta versions of each other, for example the griffion could be just be spyro in another skin.

I'm just speculating but the more I think about it, the whole toy gimmick sounds better for a mini game

btw im always trollin
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:57:10 24/02/2011 by Blackholes_Wolf
#289 Posted: 16:51:25 24/02/2011
I try my best to keep a open mind and the reason why the GH got cancelled was a mix of reasons, with the main one being money, gimmicks never last long and the market got overfilled with rhythm games. If the market becomes too overfilled, consumers will more likely ignore. The video game crash in the 80s is proof enough of this. Tbh Rock band is more likely to have the same fate. For me Skylander looks rushed, watching the trailer again you can see odd animations, for example when spyro opens and closes his mouth. He looks like a hand puppet. this could be because it's still in beta but it could be a early sign of lazy developing. It also raises questions like what other wrong design/gameplay choices they have made. Also the sacrifices they have made to other parts of the game for the gimmick which is probably going to limit the story/gameplay. Most of the characters sound like there going to be copy pasta versions of each other, for example the griffion could be just be spyro in another skin.

I'm just speculating but the more I think about it, the whole toy gimmick sounds better for a mini game

btw im always trollin

I'm glad you see things with an open mind.

Those are all valid reasons why GH shut down. Another factor to the loss of sales is how they weren't changing anything. After they added the band idea in World Tour, the only thing they changed after that is drop in drop out co-op, which isn't revolutionary. Rock Band will suffer that fate, but at least they are constantly changing to stay alive. Now we can actually learn how to play an instrument with Rock Band 3. GH didn't try anything like that, and so it fell by the wayside.

I don't think Skylanders is rushed, especially when they've been working on it since 2009. DotD was a rushed game. With Skylanders they have much more time, and even now they are only in pre-alpha. Something will be bound to change.

When the writers are the guys that made Toy Story, I don't think writing will suffer to that much of an extent. They'll pull something off, since they've done so before.

I'm thinking about it, and it could work very well. The one thing that scares me is the developer, Toys For Bob, whom have only made one notable game, and that was several years ago when they had different management. If they chose someone like Treyarch, Radical, or even Raven Studios, I wouldn't be so worried about that. But to put the fate of the franchise in the hands of Toys For Bob is the equivalent of giving Mario to Sega.

You don't seem to be trolling right now.
#290 Posted: 17:30:47 24/02/2011
I don't get why people keep thinking adding the writers of Toy story automatically means that the writing is going to be good. First I like to say that I love Toy story but video games and movies are 2 complete different things, while both are telling are telling a story but for different reasons. Video games it's all for the gameplay, while some games like Heavy Rain are about the story but since Skylanders is a platormer, the story is usually the last concern. Also judging the wikipedia page for writers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J...6_Alec_Sokolow, they haven't written anything decent since Toy story 2 (WTF DADDY DAY CAMP?)
#291 Posted: 17:43:07 24/02/2011
I don't think the writing is going to be good. I have high hopes for it, and I expect much. But I'm not saying it will be a masterpiece. They will pull something off. Good or not, they will.

Yes, gameplay is easily the more important aspect (my responses to that guy says enough). I'm just thinking that they are trying to make a decent story for once. And be happy about one thing: there won't be a large scale of plotholes.
#292 Posted: 17:48:09 24/02/2011
It seems like cheap marketing to me, adding a famous film's name or director into the previews just to get people interested. The film industry has been doing the same thing for years
#293 Posted: 17:51:45 24/02/2011
LoS did that with the "blockbuster" cast of VAs. And it was hit and miss.
#294 Posted: 19:02:46 24/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

Apparently so.

And they call themselves Spyro fans. What kind of Spyro fans? Fans who simply judge a Spyro game only by Spyro's appearance, then deem the unreleased game worthy or a failure because it isn't what they asked for about the Spyro's appearance?

Thats true.
Its sad how most of the haters complain about the game.

Quote: rasigar_dragon2
Quote: Thunderdragon14
AWW so it's not in TLoS? D':

Yeah I'm a bit sad about that too. But at least it's a Spyro game we'll probably enjoy.

Yeah its really ugly the los series is far much better but I liked the original
....still worth playing this one and hope we can fly freely on this one

Not everybody liked LoS. In the eyes of many fans the series was disliked and deemed bad for the voice acting and designs. DotD upholds this. Plus, who gives a crap about what Spyro looks like?
It looks so good so far to me.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
ccrogers15 Ripto Gems: 248
#295 Posted: 01:07:38 25/02/2011
i bet insomniac feels so bad. But sadly there is nothing they can do.
#296 Posted: 01:26:50 25/02/2011
They never owned Spyro, ccrogers.. smilie
---
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#297 Posted: 09:51:00 26/02/2011
Activision have finally revealed their plans for Spyro, and those plans are in the form of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. USA Today have the details of this new direction for the franchise.

[User Posted Image]

This is apparently the "innovative new universe" that "will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way" that Activision recently mentioned in their Financial Results. Which means the game is likely unrelated to any previous Spyro games and you'll be using various real world action figures from a set of more than 30 characters to interact with the game in some manner.

No platforms are mentioned specifically other than "multiple systems as well as computers, handhelds and phones" but earlier rumours suggested Wii and DS as candidates. They also give a release date of "this fall".

Thanks go to Aura24 for finding the article.

The level Spyro appears to be in that picture looks quite familiar. Some of the only reasons why I'm not feeling too interested in getting this game is that you have to use toys which makes this sound like something for 11-year-olds and younger.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#298 Posted: 16:06:15 26/02/2011
Quote: ccrogers15
i bet insomniac feels so bad. But sadly there is nothing they can do.

As Aura24 said;

They never owned Spyro, ccrogers.. smilie

Quote: Robo-Spyro
Activision have finally revealed their plans for Spyro, and those plans are in the form of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. USA Today have the details of this new direction for the franchise.

[User Posted Image]

This is apparently the "innovative new universe" that "will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way" that Activision recently mentioned in their Financial Results. Which means the game is likely unrelated to any previous Spyro games and you'll be using various real world action figures from a set of more than 30 characters to interact with the game in some manner.

No platforms are mentioned specifically other than "multiple systems as well as computers, handhelds and phones" but earlier rumours suggested Wii and DS as candidates. They also give a release date of "this fall".

Thanks go to Aura24 for finding the article.

The level Spyro appears to be in that picture looks quite familiar. Some of the only reasons why I'm not feeling too interested in getting this game is that you have to use toys which makes this sound like something for 11-year-olds and younger.

Thats my only doubt... I'm okay with Collectable figurines that people don't play with (Like if its for an 18 Game/ film, and not intended to be a Childs figure) but not with childrens toys. But despite this, I'm giving the game a go for the game itself... I might not even buy all the charcters.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#299 Posted: 02:03:31 27/02/2011
Some of the only reasons why I'm not feeling too interested in getting this game is that you have to use toys which makes this sound like something for 11-year-olds and younger.

I find that offensive. smilie

I think the wars cooled a bit...
#300 Posted: 04:33:53 27/02/2011

That's what the game is targeted for. smilie
First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me