Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > News and Updates > Spyro's Next Adventure Announced
First | Previous | Page 5 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spyro's Next Adventure Announced
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#201 Posted: 20:59:04 12/02/2011
A game that is not a Spyro game is not a Spyro game, regardless of how good the game play is.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#202 Posted: 21:01:12 12/02/2011
The other characters are add ons.
Hell you don't even start with them, you have to buy them sepretly.
So basically you start as Spyro.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#203 Posted: 21:04:46 12/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
The other characters are add ons.
Hell you don't even start with them, you have to buy them sepretly.
So basically you start as Spyro.

You start with others.

The only ways for it to be less of a Spyro game would be to remove his name from the title and/or not have a purple dragon-thing named Spyro.

And the others are not add-ons, they ARE the series. Spyro was just injected into this first iteration to help sales.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:34 12/02/2011 by Gwenio
Glen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#204 Posted: 21:05:16 12/02/2011
No, No, NO! that's not spyro, i don't want to know about this game no more, it looks ****! what happend to it, this is Spyro the Dragon no more!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#205 Posted: 21:07:06 12/02/2011
And people also overreact that 'Spyro in this game isn't Spyro the Dragon anymore and all that whiny drama just because of his design...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ThePurpleDragon Green Sparx Gems: 487
#206 Posted: 21:07:21 12/02/2011
Guys, yeah this was most likely not a Spyro game originally but here's something to take note of and remember:

Pokemon Snap wasn't originally going to be a Pokemon game. Most people enjoyed it and want a sequel on the Wii/3DS.

Kirby's Epic Yarn wasn't originally going to be a Kirby game yet a lot of people enjoyed it.

Starfox Adventures wasn't originally going to be a Starfox game, again, a lot people enjoyed it.

There are many other games out there that probably weren't originally going to be their current titles. Not everyone is going to like it but who knows, it could be a great game or it could be a total flop. Just give it a chance. With Activision who knows what will happen.
#207 Posted: 21:11:27 12/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
And people also overreact that 'Spyro in this game isn't Spyro the Dragon anymore and all that whiny drama just because of his design...

Agreed.

Quote: ThePurpleDragon
Guys, yeah this was most likely not a Spyro game originally but here's something to take note of and remember:

Pokemon Snap wasn't originally going to be a Pokemon game. Most people enjoyed it and want a sequel on the Wii/3DS.

Kirby's Epic Yarn wasn't originally going to be a Kirby game yet a lot of people enjoyed it.

Starfox Adventures wasn't originally going to be a Starfox game, again, a lot people enjoyed it.

There are many other games out there that probably weren't originally going to be their current titles. Not everyone is going to like it but who knows, it could be a great game or it could be a total flop. Just give it a chance. With Activision who knows what will happen.

So true.

People, just listen - Spyro may not be the main character.
But you can CHOOSE whether to be him. If you want to play as him you can.
Please, just Keep it stooled. It well and good saying that you don't like it but you're being dramatic and overreactive.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
LordRattler Ripto Gems: 1058
#208 Posted: 22:46:49 12/02/2011
Ok, here is the list of things I can say so far of the game.

1.Its not a spyro game

2.Spyro's new look now has officailly burned into my brain

3.It was not ORGINALLY A SPYRO GAME

4.The seperate toys you have to buy, why bother?

5.The game story probably is going to be horrible, and won't fit any of the characters (mostly spyro) at all.

6.The level designs are not really creative as I have seen, except for the first part, somewhat reminds me of Peacekeepers Homeworld.... except its in THE FREAKING SKY!!!

7.GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK GIMMICK ON TOYS!!?!? I sense bad omen!

Overall: It probably won't be good from my looking at screenshots and game concept art. And the concept of toys having to be bought almost seperately to play some of the characters is a greedy and probably going to fail money gimmick. And oh yeah. ITS NOT A SPYRO GAME!

There. Flame all you want (although I don't recommend it). Look at the screenshots/concept art and you might see my point. If not... Well sorry, I still stand with my thinking. smilie
Spyro411 Red Sparx Gems: 56
#209 Posted: 23:19:07 12/02/2011
And....there went any hope for a new Major Platform revival of spyro.......

Oh well......
#210 Posted: 23:21:15 12/02/2011
Quote: LordRattler

1.Its not a spyro game

5.The game story probably is going to be horrible, and won't fit any of the characters (mostly spyro) at all.

6.The level designs are not really creative as I have seen, except for the first part, somewhat reminds me of Peacekeepers Homeworld.... except its in THE FREAKING SKY!!!

Overall: It probably won't be good from my looking at screenshots and game concept art. And the concept of toys having to be bought almost seperately to play some of the characters is a greedy and probably going to fail money gimmick. And oh yeah. ITS NOT A SPYRO GAME!

There. Flame all you want (although I don't recommend it). Look at the screenshots/concept art and you might see my point. If not... Well sorry, I still stand with my thinking. smilie

I can understand that you don't like it, the problem is that I do quite like the look of it, and what bugs me is when people just leap into a conclusion and say things that have been said in the last few pages.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#211 Posted: 23:26:28 12/02/2011
Quote: Glen
No, No, NO! that's not spyro, i don't want to know about this game no more, it looks ****! what happend to it, this is Spyro the Dragon no more!

[User Posted Image]

1.Its not a spyro game

1. Yes it is. For the most part he's the main character.

2.[User Posted Image]

3. That's the same statement as #1. I refer you to my answer to #1, as well as to Malefor's last post stating how other games weren't going to be games of certain franchises.

4. YOU DO NOT NEED ALL OF THE TOYS. YOU ONLY NEED ONE. Actually read what me, Malefor, and everyone else is saying. You only need one toy to complete the game. Everything else is OPTIONAL.

5. The writers are the people that wrote Toy Story. Does that still sound like it will suck?

6. LoS didn't have the most creative designs either, but I didn't see many people complain about that.

7. It could be a gimmick. It could also be an innovation of gaming and toys. It all depends on how the game turns out.
#212 Posted: 23:31:28 12/02/2011
Quote: CAV
1. Yes it is. For the most part he's the main character.

Nope, he is minor.
#213 Posted: 23:31:50 12/02/2011

[User Posted Image]

Ok seriously, that is annoying to people having to see it even if they like the design. It makes the post longer plus some people who don't like the design HAVE TO SEE HIM UP CLOSE NOW!

So stop. smilie
#214 Posted: 23:33:13 12/02/2011
Ok seriously, that is annoying to people having to see it even if they like the design. It makes the post longer plus some people who don't like the design HAVE TO SEE HIM UP CLOSE NOW!

So stop. smilie

I got an idea. How about you read what the picture says.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DESIGN.

If you guys would simply do that, then I can easily stop posting that picture.

And you have yet to adress a single point I made.
#215 Posted: 23:36:01 12/02/2011
Quote:

Uh

NO.

I can complain all I want. I will not stand for my child hood videogame hero being reduced to this! ITS HORRIBLE! smilie
#216 Posted: 23:42:03 12/02/2011
Quote:

Uh

NO.

I can complain all I want. I will not stand for my child hood videogame hero being reduced to this! ITS HORRIBLE! smilie

So because of that, you refuse to play the game? Are you freakin kidding me? People said this about LoS how Spyro looked different and nobody was going to play it. But yet it's as popular as it is now, and in some places more popular than the Classics themselves. How's about you try out the game before saying it sucks.

And because you refuse to stop complaining about a few screenshots, I refuse to stop posting the photo. Every time someone complains about the design, gets the photo, because I'm not going to repeat myself.

[User Posted Image]
#217 Posted: 23:47:20 12/02/2011
Seriously dude, stop, it WASTES BANDWIDTH

Its annoying. SO STOP.

I can say if I hate the design if I want, I can take people who reply try it even if the design sucks, but that image is ANNOYING!
#218 Posted: 23:49:21 12/02/2011
CAV, stop. It's not going to help if you keep pestering fans who don't like the design, and it isn't going to change their minds either..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9367
#219 Posted: 23:59:17 12/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
CAV, stop. It's not going to help if you keep pestering fans who don't like the design, and it isn't going to change their minds either..

I second this. It's just annoying.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Black-Dragon Ripto Gems: 800
#220 Posted: 00:27:21 13/02/2011
Ill mod the game! Theres a way to change his appearance and stop the complaining. Step 1: Get a PC lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:56 13/02/2011 by Black-Dragon
#221 Posted: 00:46:52 13/02/2011
Seriously dude, stop, it WASTES BANDWIDTH

Its annoying. SO STOP.

I can say if I hate the design if I want, I can take people who reply try it even if the design sucks, but that image is ANNOYING!

Alright then.

But I still want you to address the points I made. I took the time to read your points and come up with responses to the both of them. It would be nice if you did the same.
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#222 Posted: 00:46:59 13/02/2011
Hmmmm... I don't know what to think. It sounds kind of cool, but it almost looks like a kid had made him on Spore.smilie

Also, it's taking away Spyro's thunder. It's called Skylander's (Spyro's Adventure). I can't say I'm disappointed, but I'm not pleased either.
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#223 Posted: 01:01:30 13/02/2011
Well, this is just the cherry on top of Spyro's death. What is this? I don't even...
#224 Posted: 01:02:25 13/02/2011
Quote: Kitty
Well, this is just the cherry on top of Spyro's death. What is this? I don't even...

Your views and opinion of course...
---
#225 Posted: 01:07:45 13/02/2011
Quote: Kitty

Care to explain why?

And if it's for the same reason as everyone else, I'm going to riot. (not really)
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#226 Posted: 01:10:45 13/02/2011
wow the fantards will defend any old crap that activision throws at them

[User Posted Image]
#227 Posted: 01:19:56 13/02/2011
^All I really want is a proper excuse to not want the game. Saying "THIS IS NOT SPYRO!" does not make a good explanation.
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#228 Posted: 01:47:17 13/02/2011
1. I think the toy interaction thing is a good enough reason not to want the game. Sure, the kiddies will love it because they like toys but what about everybody else? I don't want to use a toy and portal just to play as Spyro. I also don't really want to spend that little bit extra for them either. Can't we just play the game without a toy?

2. It doesn't look like a Spyro game. It just seems to me like a game that happens to have him in it. I sure will miss that famous Spyro logo.

3. Spyro's design is another reason. I don't like this design. In general, I have not liked the design changes in any Spyro game since Legend of Spyro. When you play as a character for several games and like them, you become attached to them but when the character drastically changes look and personality, you lose that attachment and start to dislike them.

4. There are many games that I want this year that look a lot better that this game. The gameplay of this game doesn't look that impressive, just a standard platformer.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#229 Posted: 03:33:54 13/02/2011
Wow... and I thought he looked ugly in LoS O.o Why do all good things become money making schemes? WHY???? smilie
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#230 Posted: 04:15:10 13/02/2011
omg...after I saw the toy part...no...just..NO!!
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE!? e.o
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#231 Posted: 04:16:44 13/02/2011
Quote: Ice Dragoness
It is just a way to get your money. I bet the starter thing costs £50 (It said $70 in the article) and the little toys are gonna be 10 quid each!

Spyro has tured in to MJ, he has gone to far with plastic surgery!

smilie And you said I was ugly...
smilie Oh i'm sorry man... *Stares at other Spyro* smilie

smilie^Lawl
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
LegendOfZelda Emerald Sparx Gems: 3787
#232 Posted: 05:22:39 13/02/2011
spyro looks like some sort of weird gecko/iguana thing
---
My avatar looks like crap because dark has a stupid 40KB size cap
ThePurpleDragon Green Sparx Gems: 487
#233 Posted: 07:18:25 13/02/2011
About the Figure/Toy thing... What's so weird about it? Plenty of people young and older, such as in college, own figures of characters they like. Not necessarily to play with more for the fact that it's their favorite character or they collect them. Lots of these people also play video games and have figures of their favorite video game characters such as Cloud and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy. This, as the article says, is a way to bring these two worlds together. It could turn out good or bad we just need to wait and see.

Also, so what if it costs a bit more? You payed more for Guitar Hero/DJ Hero and every other music game(The guitars,drums,etc). You payed more for DDR(The dance pads), You payed more for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver(Pokewalker). You payed more for Animal Crossing: City Folk with Wii Speak. There are many games that you payed extra for the included peripherals. This is no different. All of the Characters are optional and you are not forced to buy them nor are you forced to play as them. Besides none of you seem to like the other characters so why do you care if you will have to buy them or not? You only seem to want to play as Spyro.

Also about Activision being "greedy".They are definitely not the best game company, that's for sure, but they ARE a company and they ALL want your money. It's just some are better at masking it than others.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#234 Posted: 07:20:08 13/02/2011
Personally I'm looking forward to the figures. :3

And buying Animal Crossing with Wii Speak? I now regret it, horribly...
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#235 Posted: 13:27:11 14/02/2011
Oh, I saw this.
IT"S SO....FRICKEN.....RETARDED.

WHY WHY WHY?

At first, I thought it was fan made....untill I looked it up.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#236 Posted: 14:01:24 14/02/2011
Quote: ThePurpleDragon
Also, so what if it costs a bit more? You payed more for Guitar Hero/DJ Hero and every other music game(The guitars,drums,etc). You payed more for DDR(The dance pads), You payed more for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver(Pokewalker). You payed more for Animal Crossing: City Folk with Wii Speak. There are many games that you payed extra for the included peripherals. This is no different. All of the Characters are optional and you are not forced to buy them nor are you forced to play as them. Besides none of you seem to like the other characters so why do you care if you will have to buy them or not? You only seem to want to play as Spyro.

^this
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#237 Posted: 14:24:00 14/02/2011
^All I really want is a proper excuse to not want the game. Saying "THIS IS NOT SPYRO!" does not make a good explanation.

Spyro's design is just bad, it doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it trying to be realstic or cute? You can't tell. It's also way overdesigned, too many pointless things added like more spikes, those 2 teeth sticking out and way too many spots. It just looks tacky, way too rushed and unoriginal. Also add a money grabbing gimmick and pointless characters.

SUCH A WINING FORMULA
Demonic Angel Gold Sparx Gems: 2743
#238 Posted: 14:58:53 14/02/2011
wtf?? did spyro turn into a midget little troll now? I was hoping that the game would be another from the collection not some randome junk.
---
Pain is self inflicted, salvation is only a blissful lie.
darkfurydragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3312
#239 Posted: 15:10:19 14/02/2011
^this. at least a classic spyro sequal or an los sequal. not another reboot.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#240 Posted: 20:46:12 14/02/2011
Ehhh..... I agree, the design isn't exactly that great, but no offense, but some of you are sorta jumping to conclusions a little too soon. Sure, the toys are dumb, Spyro's design is just sick, and overall it dosen't LOOK like it's going to be that great. But at least give it a chance. We don't even know about the actual story yet. For all we know, the game may actually have a story about Spyro and not just him being slapped into the game like a lot of you claim he was.

The only thing I completely HATE about this game is that I don't see Cynder anywhere. I know this is either another reboot or a game about the classics, but I still hate how you get to like a character and then they just disappear off the face of the earth like they never even existed. I'm sure the thousands of Cynder fans aren't exactly pleased with that(and the Cynder haters are probably happy about it.) But oh well. (And now that I look again, I don't see Sparx either. Or did I just not see him?)

BTW, all this is just my opinion. You're all entitled to your own. If you still hate this game to death, go ahead and hate.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:46 14/02/2011 by wanderist
Tufu911 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#241 Posted: 23:03:55 14/02/2011
... Epic Fail
---
WOLVES FOR LIFE
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#242 Posted: 23:34:50 14/02/2011
And what about us who DON'T have fancy gamings systems OR money? I guess we just miss out.

I'm very pissed.
---
I is ded
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#243 Posted: 23:47:35 14/02/2011
@Guys who defend the game: Fair enough we haven't played it, IT'S OUR OPINION WETHER WE CONSIDER IT A SPYRO GAME. Even I can see it's a ploy for money. And you call us ignorant.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
madnesshank545 Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#244 Posted: 02:30:10 15/02/2011
i know many of you will not agree with me (duh, of course) but...

THIS GAME MUST BE AWESOME
this "portal" thing look cool too, i never saw something like that

in my opinion, spyro looks cute.
(btw, i don't mind if cynder aren't in the game, she was in DotD, and it was the TRILOGY, NOT THE WHOLE HISTORY!)
---
"love is fire that burns without end"
"just one person want to be lonely forever: the one who never loved.
what are you looking at?
spyro77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1703
#245 Posted: 03:47:34 15/02/2011
Quote:

Uh

NO.

personaly i agree,,,it is horrible. they changed like everything about spyro. his look,his logo,the game in genral. its kinda upsetting rilly...
---
It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do.
super spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1769
#246 Posted: 03:52:31 15/02/2011
This spyro looks weird. like he's going to stab someone
---
Maybe its just me, but i feel like dancing! smilie
madnesshank545 Blue Sparx Gems: 546
#247 Posted: 13:17:55 15/02/2011
Quote: super spyro
This spyro looks weird. like he's going to stab someone

thats why he have horns!
---
"love is fire that burns without end"
"just one person want to be lonely forever: the one who never loved.
what are you looking at?
snake-s Red Sparx Gems: 54
#248 Posted: 18:58:16 15/02/2011
I liked his look smilie, way diferent from the last ones but still good, and hopefull the game will be epic *cross fingers*
actually i liked all of his games from ps2 and ps1 console, no matter what ppl say about then... isnt my fav game but is one what i can count when i havent nothing to do smilie

and *cross fingers* hope it release to x-box 360 x3
Demonic Angel Gold Sparx Gems: 2743
#249 Posted: 02:31:04 16/02/2011
when I first saw it I was hoping that spyro would look the same but then I saw a purple little troll thing and was wondering wth is that thing? two seconds later I find out it's spyro. I started to cry with saddness.
---
Pain is self inflicted, salvation is only a blissful lie.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me