Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > News and Updates > Spyro's Next Adventure Announced
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spyro's Next Adventure Announced
LordRattler Ripto Gems: 1058
#151 Posted: 23:57:38 11/02/2011
No they did not mention at all the sheep butterflies or anything at all related to spyro

THEY JUST SLAPPED HIM IN AT THE LAST MINUTE

It is not a spyro game. They just slapped him in.

I mean half the characters don't even look like they belong in the spyro universe, Original and LOS ALIKE!
KitsuCettie Green Sparx Gems: 133
#152 Posted: 00:29:59 12/02/2011
Oh man, and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. He is kinda cute in the trailer as his own character, but I hate the idea of him being Spyro. Especially since the game doesn't seem related to him at all. The other characters are also poorly designed and incredibly forgettable.

This makes me glad though that I'm going into videogame concept art, so hopefully I can try to make sure anything I'm a part of does not turn out to be an abomination design-wise smilie
sillyworld Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#153 Posted: 00:37:26 12/02/2011
[User Posted Image]

No... just no.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#154 Posted: 00:40:34 12/02/2011
Hey, dark, it's coming out for 3DS as well, and there are some bios you may as well put up on the game page as well. http://uk.kotaku.com/5758025/t...ll-of-duty-hope
Quote:
The Skylanders toys can also be made to connect with more than just the Wii, which Activision made clear from the get-go. Executives said they want to put the game on multiple platforms. A 3DS version, for example, is also in development and will connect to the same toys. The intention is for a single toy to be connected to multiple games and to always carry the player's stats to that toy.
ThePurpleDragon Green Sparx Gems: 487
#155 Posted: 03:33:30 12/02/2011
When I heard that there was a new Spyro game I was all "YAY FINALLY!" Then I saw... Elroy, as I now call him. I was like "Thats. Not. Spyro.". I'm still happy he's at least in a new game and it's an interesting concept, which reminds me of the Think-Chip Pokemon figures from back in the day. I do like the figure so far since it's kind of pretty despite... Elroy. Overall I hope this game turns out better than what we're expecting, even though that seems unlikely.

I really can't look at... Elroy and call him Spyro though. I'm just too used to his older designs. I think they tried to combine his DOTD style with his STD, RR/GTG, YOTD style. Sort of like how The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword combined Link's Twilight Princes and Wind Waker styles. Unfortunately for... Elroy it didn't work out so well.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#156 Posted: 04:04:42 12/02/2011
This does not look like Spyro at all. The new characters look don't look so well, they look more like enimies, why couldn't they bring back the dragon characters like Ember or Cynder? The DOTD haters are going to have something new to complain about now. I don't understand why after all the requests for more old Spyro style games and Legend of Spyro games, they chose to go with this. I find the toy idea interesting, but the only good looking one is Spyro. And...where is Sparx???
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#157 Posted: 05:06:03 12/02/2011
Wow...This is insane. Retarded. Crazy. Unbelievable. (Insert several more bad descriptions here)

Me and my sister had the same reaction. WTF?

Me: He looks like a *****.
Sis: Well, he does look like a chihuahua and a girl...
---
where did all the good frogs go
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10076
#158 Posted: 05:37:04 12/02/2011
Good lord...he looks like a Gremlin...
ivanus777 Gold Sparx Gems: 2080
#159 Posted: 09:53:11 12/02/2011
WHAT THE F [User Posted Image]
---
Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it, those who do are forced to watch others repeat it.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5847
#160 Posted: 11:11:28 12/02/2011
Doesn't sound or look that bad, though I'd say Spyro looks quite a bit like a monster.

Quote: zer0dch
[User Posted Image]
So much better.

Just needs improvement on the eyebrows, eye color, wings, horns, etc.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#161 Posted: 11:36:53 12/02/2011
It is just a way to get your money. I bet the starter thing costs £50 (It said $70 in the article) and the little toys are gonna be 10 quid each!

Spyro has tured in to MJ, he has gone to far with plastic surgery!

smilie And you said I was ugly...
smilie Oh i'm sorry man... *Stares at other Spyro* smilie
Black-Dragon Ripto Gems: 800
#162 Posted: 12:31:01 12/02/2011
OMW , i feel like e-mailing Activision and telling them how, how, ugly spyro looks in that game.

Spyro: My career is over :(
Legend: Lets burn burn down every Activision office in the world!
Spyro: I agree! I look nothing like that!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#163 Posted: 13:53:15 12/02/2011
Why the hell is everybody paying attention to Spyro's design instead of the game itself?
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#164 Posted: 13:54:53 12/02/2011
I'm suprised how people are judging the game just how Spyro looks.
I mean, if it had bad gameplay, bad story, ect, I'd hate it, but I'm not looking for the Animation of one character. I prefer story, characters, settings.
Of course he is ugly, but its a nice combination of "Real" and "Cartoon" animation, as well as having nice bold colours.
I don't care what he looks like, just as long as the games good.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#165 Posted: 14:20:24 12/02/2011
The idea for gameplay is a cool concept, though they probably shouldn't have put Spyro in it. That just seems like a cheap way to merchandise this game.

But if the game is good I won't mind.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:58 12/02/2011 by Carmelita Fox
#166 Posted: 14:28:01 12/02/2011
Agreed.
The only downside I see so far is the "Toys" part, seeming slightly childish...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#167 Posted: 14:33:41 12/02/2011
They should probably call them "figurines" to make them sound MANILER.

then again, spyro IS a game about a purple dragon with a dragonfly in a fantasy world.
chimera Yellow Sparx Gems: 1671
#168 Posted: 14:40:05 12/02/2011
Quote: Carmelita Fox
The idea for gameplay is a cool concept, though they probably shouldn't have put Spyro in it. That just seems like a cheap way to merchandise this game.

But if the game is good I won't mind.

Agreed.
---
DA
Fips Yellow Sparx Gems: 1608
#169 Posted: 15:01:55 12/02/2011
Spyro is getting more and more ugly with every game!
...WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TT______________TT
---
Money money, woo, lot's of money money, woo!smilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#170 Posted: 15:06:14 12/02/2011
Quote: CinderLover
Err ... Even if the game-play was great, and the storyline was awesome ... I'd have to play as that thing! Seriously, I could've made a better appearance of the purple dragon. This version looks like a demon/dinosaur ... thing!

Quote: LordRattler

You know, a person who sees furry art of your game character usually thinks at that time their childhood is ruined...

BUT THIS ABOMINATION JUST DID IT INSTEAD A FEW YEARS LATER!

That is not Spyro. THAT IS NOT SPYRO! At least the Legend of Spyro Trilogy makers TRIED to make it some what resemble the old spyro!!!
BUT THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE A MC DONALDS HAPPY MEAL TOY ANIMATED IN A 3D RENDERING SOFTWARE!

SPYRO ISNT PROBABLY EVEN A MAIN CHARACTER! THEY PROBABLY JUST SLAPPED HIM IN AT THE LAST MINUTE AND ADDED "Spyro's Adventure" ALONG WITH IT!

Activison...

I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT. smilie

Ok, so by your logic (both of you), the game automatically sucks just because Spyro looks different. Did LoS suck because Spyro looked different? No. Which is why I made this image for anyone else that dares complain about the design:

[User Posted Image]

The design doesn't make the game. The gameplay does. And the above person even stated that even if the game is good they won't play it just because of Spyro's design. Are you kidding me?
dragmundis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5047
#171 Posted: 16:24:49 12/02/2011
Now this looks interesting, I saw the video of how you play the game with the action figures, I can't wait to get this game.

#172 Posted: 16:26:28 12/02/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: CinderLover
Err ... Even if the game-play was great, and the storyline was awesome ... I'd have to play as that thing! Seriously, I could've made a better appearance of the purple dragon. This version looks like a demon/dinosaur ... thing!

You know, a person who sees furry art of your game character usually thinks at that time their childhood is ruined...

BUT THIS ABOMINATION JUST DID IT INSTEAD A FEW YEARS LATER!

That is not Spyro. THAT IS NOT SPYRO! At least the Legend of Spyro Trilogy makers TRIED to make it some what resemble the old spyro!!!
BUT THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE A MC DONALDS HAPPY MEAL TOY ANIMATED IN A 3D RENDERING SOFTWARE!

SPYRO ISNT PROBABLY EVEN A MAIN CHARACTER! THEY PROBABLY JUST SLAPPED HIM IN AT THE LAST MINUTE AND ADDED "Spyro's Adventure" ALONG WITH IT!

Activison...

I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT. smilie

Ok, so by your logic (both of you), the game automatically sucks just because Spyro looks different. Did LoS suck because Spyro looked different? No. Which is why I made this image for anyone else that dares complain about the design:

[User Posted Image]

The design doesn't make the game. The gameplay does. And the above person even stated that even if the game is good they won't play it just because of Spyro's design. Are you kidding me?

Way da Go dude!
Plus, I didn't like DotD. Not because of Spyro's design, because of the gameplay!
Seriously, people haven't played the game but are saying and jumping to conclusions just because of the Character Animation?
---
Amulet_Star Blue Sparx Gems: 954
#173 Posted: 17:10:09 12/02/2011
...So we have to buy the figurines separately for more characters?

[User Posted Image]

It's Funkeys all over again...

Oh well... We can get over this... We can get over this... We can- you get the point.
---
where did all the good frogs go
#174 Posted: 17:13:01 12/02/2011
Personally I prefer just to play as Spyro.
---
#175 Posted: 17:20:26 12/02/2011
I wonder what the rest of the characters will look like. There hasn't been one this far that I have really liked.
---
DA
#176 Posted: 17:23:28 12/02/2011
I quess this wont be on PS2 :( Oh well. It might be interesting but Spyro looks like an alien not a dragon. Maybe they'l improve the design. If not, i just hope the games good. SPΨRΘ THΣ Δ|IΣΠ Lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:25:02 12/02/2011 by Black-Dragon
ThePurpleDragon Green Sparx Gems: 487
#177 Posted: 17:24:00 12/02/2011
I just saw that gameplay demo video and it actually looks kind of fun. I actually do want to play this. I don't really like Elroy's design still but I'll warm up to it. Yeah the figure thing is kind of gimmicky but at least they're trying something new. Besides I've wanted a Spyro figure for a long time.
#178 Posted: 17:26:17 12/02/2011
Quote: ThePurpleDragon
I just saw that gameplay demo video and it actually looks kind of fun. I actually do want to play this. I don't really like Elroy's design still but I'll warm up to it. Yeah the figure thing is kind of gimmicky but at least they're trying something new. Besides I've wanted a Spyro figure for a long time.

I have to agree.
---
#179 Posted: 17:27:10 12/02/2011
Maybe theres a hidden demo on one of Activision's latest games? Like Riptos Rage with the hidden demo game.
#180 Posted: 17:27:53 12/02/2011
Hmmm....
I hope so.
---
Kookie Blue Sparx Gems: 620
#181 Posted: 18:32:21 12/02/2011
Spyro's design kinda scares me a bit but the more I look at it the cuter it gets. I hate the idea of buying the game then having to get the toys in order to play the characters... I would probably only play as Spyro anyway unless Cynder or one of the older characters are available, like Ember.
---
DeviantART The Dollars - Ask me ;3!
#182 Posted: 18:37:02 12/02/2011
Same.
---
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#183 Posted: 18:52:45 12/02/2011
Looking at the "portal" demo, it looks interesting, but sucks for me since I have no space for it, figures will be lost/broken and it's a bit gimmicy, not to mention how if your portal breaks you're screwed.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
tiske Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#184 Posted: 19:12:01 12/02/2011
Quote: zer0dch
[User Posted Image]
So much better.

i agree smilie
---
"Speak out smiles and poop out colors"
"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye"
#185 Posted: 19:51:32 12/02/2011
Hey, I am saying this is not a spyro game. Don't get fooled. Its a greedy money trick by activision trying to get us fans to buy the game...

Thankfully the lure they used to lure us into the game is not effective... not really THANKFUL THOUGH! smilie

Again, SLAPPED IN AT LAST MINUTE.
waytodawn96 Green Sparx Gems: 399
#186 Posted: 19:51:42 12/02/2011
why activition? why??? why must you kill our favorite dragon?why? whats next? ember, maybe hunter, CYNDER???!
---
Is it possable to go to bed dead and wake up alive???! smilie I'm Random and proud of it!
#187 Posted: 20:01:23 12/02/2011
Hey, I am saying this is not a spyro game. Don't get fooled. Its a greedy money trick by activision trying to get us fans to buy the game...

Thankfully the lure they used to lure us into the game is not effective... not really THANKFUL THOUGH! smilie

Technically its a Spyro game if it has Spyro in it and has Spyro in the title.

Plus, whats so bad about it? He looks different? Does that dominate over;
- Gameplay?
- Settings?
- Graphics?
- Colours?
- Characters?
I sincerly doubt so.
---
#188 Posted: 20:02:14 12/02/2011
Thankfully the lure they used to lure us into the game is not effective...

[insert pokemon joke here]
---
DA
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#189 Posted: 20:04:05 12/02/2011
The design is not that bad. It is more the shock of the other characters and the old ones are gone.
#190 Posted: 20:04:55 12/02/2011
Does anybody else find it straneg how people don't like the agme when all thats been seen is... 3 minutes of footage? People are complaining just because of how Spyro looks. I seriously feel alot of ignorance here.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#191 Posted: 20:07:01 12/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
Does anybody else find it straneg how people don't like the agme when all thats been seen is... 3 minutes of footage? People are complaining just because of how Spyro looks. I seriously feel alot of ignorance here.

Well, it's Sonic 4. They judge the game by its work in progress state and claim that they won't play it, but they'll still play it anyways.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#192 Posted: 20:08:16 12/02/2011
Quote: Aura24

Well, it's Sonic 4. They judge the game by its work in progress state and claim that they won't play it, but they'll still play it anyways.

Sigh... why must people be like this? All over the art and designs...
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#193 Posted: 20:08:58 12/02/2011

They take the game way too seriously.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#194 Posted: 20:10:46 12/02/2011

They take the game way too seriously.

So true.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#195 Posted: 20:16:23 12/02/2011

It has Spyro in the title, he is in it, but it has nothing else going for it as a Spyro game. It is a marketing ploy and nothing else.
#196 Posted: 20:23:16 12/02/2011
Quote: Gwenio

It has Spyro in the title, he is in it, but it has nothing else going for it as a Spyro game. It is a marketing ploy and nothing else.

Exactly. Another person at least gets what I mean when I said Spyro was just slapped in at the last minute.

How is it that hard to tell he was slapped in?
#197 Posted: 20:27:23 12/02/2011

Exactly. Another person at least gets what I mean when I said Spyro was just slapped in at the last minute.

Just because of his apperance?
Just cause he looks different makes the game a fail?
You're judging it by small amounts of footage. Jumping to conclusions. "Judging a Book by its cover".
Play the game first when it comes out, you might like it.
Seriously, we haven't even had 10 minutes of footage yet and people complain.
---
#198 Posted: 20:31:19 12/02/2011
Really, you should do the first thing if you don't want to hear people complaining.

IGNORE THEM.

Is it that hard.

And back on topic, if you just look at how he looks different from the worlds, and from the other characters, you can tell that he does not fit in, a misfit in the group.

There is your proof.

Just don't light the proof on fire. Yeesh.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#199 Posted: 20:45:56 12/02/2011

You're judging it by small amounts of footage. Jumping to conclusions. "Judging a Book by its cover".

We have a plot summary, that indicates he is not important.

From all that has been said, you can beat the game without Spyro. In fact they said you can beat the game with any one of the 30+ characters.

Every time more than one character has been shown, Spyro has not been in center stage (including the website).
#200 Posted: 20:55:51 12/02/2011
Really, you should do the first thing if you don't want to hear people complaining.

IGNORE THEM.

Is it that hard.

And back on topic, if you just look at how he looks different from the worlds, and from the other characters, you can tell that he does not fit in, a misfit in the group.

There is your proof.

Just don't light the proof on fire. Yeesh.

So what if the story might be crap? What if the gameplays awesome? What if it comes 1st for "Best Gameplay in a game"?
Plus, I'm acceptable ignoring them, but if it comes to somebody saying things like; "They raped/ slapped Spyro", it seems very extreme.

We have a plot summary, that indicates he is not important.

From all that has been said, you can beat the game without Spyro. In fact they said you can beat the game with any one of the 30+ characters.

Every time more than one character has been shown, Spyro has not been in center stage (including the website).

And?
Who cares? Those characters are just add-ons. They haven't shown Spyro to build suspension.
Hows aboot we play the game first before judging?
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me