First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
End of regular spyro? [CLOSED]
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#51 Posted: 03:05:56 08/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: spyrathedragon
AHT is one of my all-time favorite Spyro games. It DOES have easter-eggs from the first three classics, if you look closley enough, but people rarely do that anymore and just look at the big picture.

Also, I just can't see how people hate this game? It looks fine to me. Great graphics, story line, and characters.

It's the opposite, graphics are weak in comparison to Ratchet & Clank, story is non-existent and as for characters... I'm not really sure of that. The game itself is broken with glitches and long loading times and little variety and nothing new.

Like I said, you're WAY too nit-picky. Who cares about Ratchet and Clank? I don't. Personally, I hate it. The characters where FINE and the storyline was well-done, but not perfect. What did you expect for a SPYRO game? All the other good story lines have been made and taken already.

YOUR version or game must've had the glitches and loading problems, MINE was JUST FINE.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#52 Posted: 07:47:56 08/11/2011
AHT is one of my all-time favorite Spyro games. It DOES have easter-eggs from the first three classics, if you look closley enough, but people rarely do that anymore and just look at the big picture.

Also, I just can't see how people hate this game? It looks fine to me. Great graphics, story line, and characters.

It's the opposite, graphics are weak in comparison to Ratchet & Clank, story is non-existent and as for characters... I'm not really sure of that. The game itself is broken with glitches and long loading times and little variety and nothing new.

Like I said, you're WAY too nit-picky. Who cares about Ratchet and Clank? I don't. Personally, I hate it. The characters where FINE and the storyline was well-done, but not perfect. What did you expect for a SPYRO game? All the other good story lines have been made and taken already.

YOUR version or game must've had the glitches and loading problems, MINE was JUST FINE.

You must be really lucky.

@ bold: You're a poet and you don't even know it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#53 Posted: 20:05:47 08/11/2011
Yes, A Hero's Tail is different to the others but wouldn't playing the same thing over and over again get boring eventually? Of course i prefer the original insomniac trilogy but i thought a hero's tail was pretty good.
#54 Posted: 20:52:15 08/11/2011
Quote: TorchSheep
Yes, A Hero's Tail is different to the others but wouldn't playing the same thing over and over again get boring eventually? Of course i prefer the original insomniac trilogy but i thought a hero's tail was pretty good.

Every game to me gets boring after playing it a certain amount of times. There's just very few games that I can tolerate playing more than others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:29 08/11/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#55 Posted: 16:53:17 11/11/2011
AHT wasn't an original for me. Look at Spyro's face as he walks. He looks sleepy! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:46 06/12/2011 by Purple n Spyro
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#56 Posted: 22:22:05 11/11/2011
If the Spyro reboots were never reboots, here's how the timeline should go:

Skylanders -> A New Beginning -> Eternal Night -> Dawn of the Dragon -> Spyro the Dragon -> Ripto's Rage -> Year of the Dragon -> Season of Ice -> Season of Flame -> A Hero's Tail.

Would you guys agree to this IF one of Spyro's current developers say the reboots are no longer reboots?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#57 Posted: 11:31:12 12/11/2011

Skylanders -> A New Beginning -> Eternal Night -> Dawn of the Dragon -> Spyro the Dragon -> Ripto's Rage -> Year of the Dragon -> Season of Ice -> Season of Flame -> A Hero's Tail.

Would you guys agree to this IF one of Spyro's current developers say the reboots are no longer reboots?

I guess, or even better still none of the others ever happened and it were just: Spyro the Dragon -> Gateway to Glimmer -> Year of the Dragon. smilie
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#58 Posted: 12:00:27 12/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

I guess, or even better still none of the others ever happened and it were just: Spyro the Dragon -> Gateway to Glimmer -> Year of the Dragon. smilie

Then tell how YOU could please all three sub-fanbases?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
SpyroForever Red Sparx Gems: 87
#59 Posted: 16:01:10 28/12/2011
What I really disliked about AHT was Sparx talking, Excessive repetitive mini games, Blink (idk why... Just don't like him) and the new gem system. Unlimited gems annoyed me.
---
Long live the dragon! smilie smilie smilie
Skylanders Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#60 Posted: 20:09:04 28/12/2011
it may be the end of regular spyro, but whether it is Spyro is still going and that all that matters
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#61 Posted: 01:18:42 29/12/2011
Mine goes:
ANB->STD->GTG->YOD->ETD->AHT->SL->TEN-SOTD->Skylanders.
Happy to give my explanation if you want.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#62 Posted: 20:37:41 01/01/2012

That really doesn't make any sense; Spyro met Evil Cynder in ANB, so what's she doing normal in Skylanders? I guess I can understand TLoS series took place before STD, and STD Spyro is TLoS's son or distant grandson. Imo, the timeline's fine as it is, TLoS and Skylanders being AU, but together.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#63 Posted: 13:22:22 20/07/2012
uh-huh smilie
sunburn fan 1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1520
#64 Posted: 01:43:00 21/08/2012
i agree
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#65 Posted: 14:59:39 21/08/2012
Was ETD the end of regular Spyro? Interesting question I must say. I think that it wasn't the end of classic Spyro as many people like to think. But the horrible execution of this game gave the final nail in the coffin of old game system.

As I have heard AHT criticized of lacking portal system and continuity of old charge'n'flame-type of gameplay, one has to admit that ETD destroyed one of those fundamental definitions of original trilogy. ETD killed traditional portal system. It was rushed to the markets with horrible consequences. And the biggest disappointment to me was the portal system's absence. There was only one big home world where you got to talk the people who gave you access to their respective home worlds. But you we're not taken to those places via portal connection. So the traditional black-and-white definition of classic portal system died after YotD.

But in all sincerity ETD was not the end of regular Spyro. Actually the whole classic story was carried all the way through AHT. And gameplay was actually very similar to the classic ones. Just a different charge button and that's that. And AHT's world was not suitable for traditional charge'n'flame-type of gameplay. And I actually liked the whole unlimited gems thing. Brought something new and interesting to the game and it told the story that society's structure was changing in times of peace.

Main thing is the basic philosophy and attitude that you want to use when you ponder this topic's question. In black-and-white-style of thinking ETD is the final "classic" Spyro game. But when you come to think of it. They had to change way of the platformer's because the style that originals represented was not marketable and did not bring enough of profits. Even though AHT wasn't the top-selling game it was still a nice attempt to re-ignite Spyro's flame. It basically is quite loyal to the whole classic universe and had gameplay in which was very easy to adapt even if one had played originals. Bottom line is that ETD wasn't the end of regular Spyro.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#66 Posted: 15:09:19 21/08/2012
The Spyro series is ****ed up
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#67 Posted: 21:59:39 22/08/2012
Quote: Project_Unnamed
Was ETD the end of regular Spyro? Interesting question I must say. I think that it wasn't the end of classic Spyro as many people like to think. But the horrible execution of this game gave the final nail in the coffin of old game system.

As I have heard AHT criticized of lacking portal system and continuity of old charge'n'flame-type of gameplay, one has to admit that ETD destroyed one of those fundamental definitions of original trilogy. ETD killed traditional portal system. It was rushed to the markets with horrible consequences. And the biggest disappointment to me was the portal system's absence. There was only one big home world where you got to talk the people who gave you access to their respective home worlds. But you we're not taken to those places via portal connection. So the traditional black-and-white definition of classic portal system died after YotD.

But in all sincerity ETD was not the end of regular Spyro. Actually the whole classic story was carried all the way through AHT. And gameplay was actually very similar to the classic ones. Just a different charge button and that's that. And AHT's world was not suitable for traditional charge'n'flame-type of gameplay. And I actually liked the whole unlimited gems thing. Brought something new and interesting to the game and it told the story that society's structure was changing in times of peace.

Main thing is the basic philosophy and attitude that you want to use when you ponder this topic's question. In black-and-white-style of thinking ETD is the final "classic" Spyro game. But when you come to think of it. They had to change way of the platformer's because the style that originals represented was not marketable and did not bring enough of profits. Even though AHT wasn't the top-selling game it was still a nice attempt to re-ignite Spyro's flame. It basically is quite loyal to the whole classic universe and had gameplay in which was very easy to adapt even if one had played originals. Bottom line is that ETD wasn't the end of regular Spyro.

I agree with you, and I personally would play AHT over ETD, anyday. It's far more enjoyable in my eyes.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me