First | Previous | Page 129 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#6401 Posted: 21:33:06 08/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
A PC game is almost always a bad sign. The only good ones are exclusive.

^yeah, actually.
The best things for PC are your simulation (I.e rollercoaster tycoon, Zoo tycoon, railroad tycoon) you simulators (I.e Sims, Flight sim, train sim, civilization) and some shooters (MoHAA)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:22 08/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6402 Posted: 21:33:47 08/02/2011
I'm starting to think the game may be in the classic series because of the monster gang name.

[User Posted Image]

EDIT: maybe this could be Spyro and the monster gang. LOL
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:21 08/02/2011 by spyrocrash
#6403 Posted: 21:39:20 08/02/2011
I dunno what to think.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6404 Posted: 21:40:06 08/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

^yeah, actually.
The best things for PC are your simulation (I.e rollercoaster tycoon, Zoo tycoon, railroad tycoon) you simulators (I.e Sims, Flight sim, train sim, civilization) and some shooters (MoHAA)

And platformers....which Spyro happens to be(to some degree).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#6405 Posted: 21:40:18 08/02/2011
That'd be a big step backwards, imo..
What'd the point of TLoS be, anyway? smilie
#6406 Posted: 21:42:22 08/02/2011
Yeah....
Personally, I still have to play YotD, ETD and AHT as I remember nothing about them....I have enough in regards to Classic Spyro. So I just want more TLoS at the moment.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#6407 Posted: 21:45:17 08/02/2011
I still think it sounds more Classic/reboot too, if I'm honest.

I don't think it would be a step back - Just bringing it back to it's roots, like a lot of series do.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#6408 Posted: 21:49:07 08/02/2011
Yeah, but DotD already did that, to an extent....a lot of reviewers commented on it(some actually detested it going back to the roots).
They should still keep the universe TLoS, but have some more Classic style stuff in it....
In other words, just expand on the concepts that were introduced/re-introduced in DotD, while offering new concepts to the Spyro formula.
---
#6409 Posted: 21:51:42 08/02/2011
I know what you mean. I know there's a lot of people who want LoS to continue, so I hope I don't sound too negative on it smilie

I'd just prefer Classic, (obviously smilie) to return, as I didn't enjoy the Legend games as much as I should have. The one Legend game I liked 100% got put down for being too hard, so it's not like I'll see a game like that again probably >:
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#6410 Posted: 21:55:32 08/02/2011
Yes, but I personally feel that the Classics make me think too much of Sonic in regards to characters and story, just not as good. I feel a new Classic Spyro game will try too hard to be like Sonic Colours, as Activision are prone to copying other games, and Sonic Colours did receive a lot of praise in the story and everything.
---
#6411 Posted: 22:00:05 08/02/2011
If anything, that's why I'd like to give Classic one last, final try.

There's so many 'epic' style games with similar storylines and gameplay to the Legend series being made, but Classic.... There's Sonic and Mario, and that's basically it, in terms of longstanding games. Everything else is pushed aside for either gun or war based games or dark and gloomy games.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#6412 Posted: 22:00:54 08/02/2011
Its CURRENT gen not next gen
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#6413 Posted: 22:09:20 08/02/2011
While I agree with you in there being a lot of epic style games out there, I personally feel none of them make me think of LoS to an outstanding degree. Most epic style games star heroes who just want to rip people's heads off!smilie

But LoS had some Disney like charm in it for me, as well as some Japanese feeling stuff. And I also thought it had a lot of the "better" side to Classic Spyro's cutscenes and atmosphere. I also had a personal thing in it for me...

Of course, I know a lot of people will think that's absurd, but I don't care....it's just where I stand. I tend to have different opinions on things when compared to most people. smilie
---
#6414 Posted: 22:11:49 08/02/2011
This is what Spyro and the Monster Gang would be like...

http://www.videos.com/play/M54...rs__casper.html
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#6415 Posted: 22:13:55 08/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
While I agree with you in there being a lot of epic style games out there, I personally feel none of them make me think of LoS to an outstanding degree. Most epic style games star heroes who just want to rip people's heads off!smilie

But LoS had some Disney like charm in it for me, as well as some Japanese feeling stuff. And I also thought it had a lot of the "better" side to Classic Spyro's cutscenes and atmosphere. I also had a personal thing in it for me...

Of course, I know a lot of people will think that's absurd, but I don't care....it's just where I stand. I tend to have different opinions on things when compared to most people. smilie

this to the 8 power
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6416 Posted: 22:14:04 08/02/2011
This is what Spyro and the Monster Gang would be like...

http://www.videos.com/play/M54...rs__casper.html

LOL. that was a good one.
#6417 Posted: 22:17:19 08/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101

this to the 8 power

8 power!?smilie
---
#6418 Posted: 22:17:45 08/02/2011

Noo, not at all! Like you said - Different opinions! smilie

For me, LoS didn't do it, sadly. I tried so hard, but I can't get it past 'mediocre'. It didn't feel too Japanese for me, it was too soft, rofl smilie
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6419 Posted: 22:17:50 08/02/2011
If you ask me, it'll either be a part of LoS like AV wanted it to, or it'll be a reboot. The Classic days are gone, and I doubt AV or the developers will ever decide to revisit them.
#6420 Posted: 22:20:39 08/02/2011
Quote: CAV
If you ask me, it'll either be a part of LoS like AV wanted it to, or it'll be a reboot. The Classic days are gone, and I doubt AV or the developers will ever decide to revisit them.

^this
#6421 Posted: 22:22:31 08/02/2011

Exactly. Classic Spyro will NEVER be able to compete with Mario or Sonic. And Banjo is coming back(Rare said that they want to make a 3DS game), and as well as that, LoS is basically the new identity for Spyro. Most people would of played DotD as their most recent game, and will remember that Spyro as opposed to Classic Spyro(referring to non-fans), and remember the likes of Cynder and Ignitus as opposed to Elora, Ember, Bentley and....Elder Tomas?!smilie

EDIT: Oh, and Spyroo, I wasn't referring to you when I said "most people would find it absurd". I just know a few people(not giving names) who would probably "try me" on my opinions.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:25 08/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#6422 Posted: 22:23:59 08/02/2011
...And shelia and Agent 9
#6423 Posted: 22:24:42 08/02/2011

Exactly. Classic Spyro will NEVER be able to compete with Mario or Sonic. And Banjo is coming back(Rare said that they want to make a 3DS game), and as well as that, LoS is basically the new identity for Spyro. Most people would of played DotD as their most recent game, and will remember that Spyro as opposed to Classic Spyro(referring to non-fans), and remember the likes of Cynder and Ignitus as opposed to Elora, Ember, Bentley and....Elder Tomas?!smilie

very true a los continuum would be the smartest and more sensible decision
---
#6424 Posted: 22:24:58 08/02/2011
Hm.... Maybe. Honestly, I don't think LoS gathers good enough sales to really get Acti's attention, so I sometimes worry that it will be the end of Spyro soon if we're not careful.
---
#6425 Posted: 22:32:04 08/02/2011
But then again, we can't say the Classics would do any better, considering the fact their appeal was dying when LoS started. And even if LoS got Mario Galaxy caliber ratings, the sales wouldn't of been much better, as I've stated many times. There are too many games to over shadow Spyro in general, not just TLoS, and it's easier to net an audience for TLoS.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:04 08/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#6426 Posted: 22:33:15 08/02/2011
That's true too.

Let's just hope this new game surprises us all smilie
---
#6427 Posted: 22:36:04 08/02/2011
Yes hopefully the time they spent on the new SK was well spent and will shock us all.
---
#6428 Posted: 22:36:47 08/02/2011
Not even suprise....just impress. Even if the gameplay is predictable, even if the story is predictable, I won't mind as long as the game is FUN and the cutscenes HOLD MY ATTENTION......don't forget good music....and pretty graphics would be nice too.... (Not shouting, just too lazy to use bold letters!smilie)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:40 08/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#6429 Posted: 22:44:00 08/02/2011
Not even suprise....just impress. Even if the gameplay is predictable, even if the story is predictable, I won't mind as long as the game is FUN and the cutscenes HOLD MY ATTENTION......don't forget good music....and pretty graphics would be nice too.... (Not shouting, just too lazy to use bold letters!smilie)

This! smilie
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#6430 Posted: 22:45:40 08/02/2011
It should completely amaze us!
...Ahh... *hopes*
#6431 Posted: 22:47:59 08/02/2011
Heck, I won't even mind if I don't like the story. That didn't stop me from loving the Classics.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#6432 Posted: 22:53:58 08/02/2011
I sense big change ahead... They don't often do platformers for PC; games with platforming elements yes, but the predominant style of gameplay is usually not platformer. One thing I will say for the possibility of a PC version is that PC games are modable. God willing AV is smart enough to release mod tools for the supposed PC version, that way those who dislike it can change it and make the game they want.

Y'know, in most of the reviews I've seen/read people either bash the hell out of DotD for how ridiculous they think it is for Spyro, the silly kid dragon from thier childhood, to be attempting to be so dark.

I still say an equal and skillfully done blend of old and new is thier single best bet for reviving Spyro to any level of decency/popularity. I know for a fact that alot/most people have either forgotten Spyro alltogether/think they're beating a dead horse every time a new Spyro game comes out.

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone else think the fact that you play as a dragon is offputting to many/most gamers? I mean, I doubt there's that much demand for a game that lets you play as a dragon, and I bet alor of people think playing as a dragon is silly, even if it's a mature dragon.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#6433 Posted: 23:00:32 08/02/2011
Me myself hope there will be more games with dragons then spyro. And seeing that there are little to no dragon games out if there were to be a good well rounded game out it would sell pretty nicely just due that its new and original aproach.
---
#6434 Posted: 23:06:26 08/02/2011
Hm... I agree but I'm not sure if Spyro would be the game to do that. The reason being that I genuinely think alot of people will simple overlook any Spyro game, dubbing it 'for kids' or something along those lines. I'll probalby get flamed for that: 'joo just don't think Spyro could to it coz U h8 srs Spyro!!!!1!one!' But there's no reason a dragon game featuring a 'realistic' dragon couldn't have alot of light stuff in it, eh flamers?!
lol...
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6435 Posted: 23:14:09 08/02/2011
You know what I'd like to see? A reboot set in the original universe, with all the same characters and such from YOTD... I mean, to be honest, we all talk about how amazing going back to the originals will be! Then we forget that continuing from the originals means continuing from SL...

If it continued from YOTD (not even ETD) then I would be happy, it would be perfect... But they're never gonna do that.
#6436 Posted: 23:44:14 08/02/2011
I like that idea Bionicle.
I'd REALLY like to see a reboot BUT:
They have astrong, well thought out story, develop all major characters and thier relationships well and keep the characters from the new and old with as little of a personality change as possible. This would include, the Guardians from LOS, the Elders from AHT, Cynder, Ember, Sparx, Flame, The Atlowa, The Dragonflies, Sheila, Bently, Agent9 (if they can easily fit in a space monkey; don't force him), Hunter and sgt. Byrd.

They would blend the gameplay:
combat (3 hits and the possibility for a multi button combo, and the ability to somehow use your surroundings to your advantage*),
Platforming (different jumps and challenging, eg. long jumps that require many different steps*),
Scavenger hunting (many of the collectables are important to the story, but there are also less important things*),
Free flight (it either upgrades a little as you go, or you earn it after/close to the final boss),
Free Roam,
Co op (possibly drop in/out, maybe with Cynder or other dragons, but also with diverse characters not just more of the same),
Multiple, upgradeable breaths/abilities (You either upgrade automatically, on your own with a collectable/you buy upgrades*; this may also be extended to characters besides Spyro, dragon and not.)
Armor/weaponry (can be found or bought)
*By use your surroundings, I mean you could launch yourself with a gyzer, knock boulders on your enemies, knock magma balls into them like in Spyro2, etc.
*By different steps I mean chimney jump, wall run, climbing, tail spinning, gliding, etc.
*One example of a less important thing would be something which unlocks a gallery, or currency to buy optional extras.
*You could buy optional upgrade you can't get by upgrading with the crystals or whatever. For exaple you could but an ability to help you run/charge faster or gain some new breath ability like a long range fire bomb or exploding ice missile.

The music would blend synth music with a catchy tune and good beat with ambient orchestral/choir music. The music would change between the two depending on what was going on/just be a mix of synth, beats, oechestra and choir.

Spyro would be a blend of Classic and LOS, both in style and personality. Hard to say exactly how this would go... He'd be confident and smart alekey in front of enemies and joke with friends, but be around with a shoulder to cry of if he was needed and get sereous tough when an important battle reached a climactic point. He'd be an intelligent quick thinker,ready with a good idea and snappy come back. He'd be helpful and brave, ready to fight any enemy or go into any danger for anyone who needed him to for pretty much anything.

That's all I can think of right now, I'll add more (maybe) as I think of it.
---
#6437 Posted: 23:51:24 08/02/2011
Now there's a reason why TLoS may not have sold.....people thought it would be a happy go lucky game like the classics and overlooked it as a result(I might explain more when I am actually on my laptop again. I'm using my phone now.)
---
#6438 Posted: 23:52:03 08/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
They have astrong, well thought out story, develop all major characters and thier relationships well and keep the characters from the new and old with as little of a personality change as possible. This would include, the Guardians from LOS, the Elders from AHT, Cynder, Ember, Sparx, Flame, The Atlowa, The Dragonflies, Sheila, Bently, Agent9 (if they can easily fit in a space monkey; don't force him), Hunter and sgt. Byrd.

combat (3 hits and the possibility for a multi button combo, and the ability to somehow use your surroundings to your advantage*),
Platforming (different jumps and challenging, eg. long jumps that require many different steps*),
Scavenger hunting (many of the collectables are important to the story, but there are also less important things*),
Free flight (it either upgrades a little as you go, or you earn it after/close to the final boss),
Free Roam,
Co op (possibly drop in/out, maybe with Cynder or other dragons, but also with diverse characters not just more of the same),
Multiple, upgradeable breaths/abilities (You either upgrade automatically, on your own with a collectable/you buy upgrades*; this may also be extended to characters besides Spyro, dragon and not.)
*By use your surroundings, I mean you could launch yourself with a gyzer, knock boulders on your enemies, knock magma balls into them like in Spyro2, etc.
*By different steps I mean chimney jump, wall run, climbing, tail spinning, gliding, etc.
*One example of a less important thing would be something which unlocks a gallery, or currency to buy optional extras.
*You could buy optional upgrade you can't get by upgrading with the crystals or whatever. For exaple you could but an ability to help you run/charge faster or gain some new breath ability like a long range fire bomb or exploding ice missile.

The music would blend synth music with a catchy tune and good beat with ambient orchestral/choir music. The music would change between the two depending on what was going on/just be a mix of synth, beats, oechestra and choir.

Spyro would be a blend of Classic and LOS, both in style and personality. Hard to say exactly how this would go... He'd be confident and smart alekey in front of enemies and joke with friends, but be around with a shoulder to cry of if he was needed and get sereous tough when an important battle reached a climactic point. He'd be an intelligent quick thinker,ready with a good idea and snappy come back. He'd be helpful and brave, ready to fight any enemy or go into any danger for anyone who needed him to for pretty much anything.

Really nice ideas there i especially like how the personalities would mix
---
#6439 Posted: 23:56:27 08/02/2011
Now there's a reason why TLoS may not have sold.....people thought it would be a happy go lucky game like the classics and overlooked it as a result(I might explain more when I am actually on my laptop again. I'm using my phone now.)

You could be right.
I think alot of people who had ever been Spyro fans were/are of the opinion that every game after YotD sucked, and thus forego Spyro. Or they think that a serious Spyro game, even if it's done right would suck/just be stupid because it's Spyro.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6440 Posted: 23:58:10 08/02/2011
Mike Parsehhian deleted evidence of Spyro's Kingdom off his page! Good thing I took screenshots of the game title, before it got deleted. He only left the Call of Duty franchise bit on the page though..

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-parseghian/5/b75/6a9
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:48 09/02/2011 by Aura24
#6441 Posted: 00:01:31 09/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Mike Parsehhian deleted evidence of Spyro's Kingdom off his page! Good thing I took screenshots of the game title, before it got deleted..

Mwuahaha the truth shall not be kept concealed
---
#6442 Posted: 00:06:32 09/02/2011
And he only left the Call of Duty 7 mentioning on his page. How messed up is that?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:34 09/02/2011 by Aura24
#6443 Posted: 00:11:55 09/02/2011
Its like they intentionally are dissing us
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:31 09/02/2011 by SpyroFanatic101
#6444 Posted: 00:13:36 09/02/2011
*facepalm*
---
#6445 Posted: 00:26:20 09/02/2011
SpyroFanatic, Spyroo was facepalming at Activision hiding information from us again. And what's worse is that they only left the mentioning of Call of Duty 7 on the resume... smilie Just sad.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:42:28 09/02/2011 by Aura24
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#6446 Posted: 00:43:07 09/02/2011

^yeah, actually.

And platformers....which Spyro happens to be(to some degree).

Even if the game will be good on PC format, the controls would be quite horrid. *coughTazWantedcough*
#6447 Posted: 00:54:31 09/02/2011
And he only left the Call of Duty 7 mentioning on his page. How messed up is that?

You have to think about the fact that CoD 7 is already out in stores. If there's something in development, he might want to keep quiet about it, or AV may have wanted him to stay quiet about it. Hopefully it's the latter, because if AV is hiding it to that degree, then that means they are planning something big.
#6448 Posted: 00:56:14 09/02/2011

You have to think about the fact that CoD 7 is already out in stores. If there's something in development, he might want to keep quiet about it, or AV may have wanted him to stay quiet about it. Hopefully it's the latter, because if AV is hiding it to that degree, then that means they are planning something big.

Oh.... then it would've been completely messed if they left the next CoD title on any resume, and only delete info on the next game of Spyro.
---
#6449 Posted: 00:57:36 09/02/2011

Oh.... then it would've been completely messed if they left the next CoD title on any resume, and only delete info on the next game of Spyro.

Yeah THAT would be messed up. But CoD 7 (Black Ops) has already been released. So it's not too bad.
#6450 Posted: 01:00:29 09/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

Free Roam,

^this times a thousand

Mike Parsehhian deleted evidence of Spyro's Kingdom off his page! Good thing I took screenshots of the game title, before it got deleted. He only left the Call of Duty franchise bit on the page though..

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mike-parseghian/5/b75/6a9

We knew that would happen smilie

smilie D**n you Call of Duty!! smilie

Quote: SpyroFanatic101
Its like they intentionally are dissing us

'Cause they are
First | Previous | Page 129 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me