Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Dentro and Venia: The Remaining Melders
Page 1 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Dentro and Venia: The Remaining Melders [CLOSED]
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#1 Posted: 05:16:57 14/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I'm not sure what this will be about yet. I have a few ideas i want to try out. I don't have the first chapter quite finished yet, but here's the introduction.

Dentro walked through the trees, his footsteps silent on the soaked leaves. The rain soaked through his hair, streaming down his face and back. He shook some of the rain out of his grey eyes, only to have his black hair drip more into them. He looked around, totally agast at the damage caused. The forest's trees were practically topless sticks. All the leaves and uper branches were gone. He heard a twig snap behind him and whiped his silver bow off of his shoulder, an arrow out of the quiver and knocked before the young girl that had somehow creaped up on him could do so much as yelp. He stared in awe at the girl. he had thought he was the single soul left in the forest. The girl brought her hands up in front of her face.
"Don't shoot!" She cried, rain dripping from the ends of silver claws that suddenly shrank and melted together to form bracelets on both of her wrists. Then she lowered her hands slowly, revealing a set of bright yellow eyes, a small nose and mouth, and orange hair. "Don't shoot." She said, suddenly speachless in shock as she saw what he had seen. Another metal melder.

So what do you all think? Dentro and Venia are the last two Metal Meldes left. Metal melders are those who can control metal at will, such as Dentro's silver bow and Venia's silver and iron mixed claw gauntlets. Claw gauntlets are what seem like normal bracelets, but change to gauntlets, like a soldiers gauntlet, with deadly sharp claws on the end. Tell me if this'll fly before I keep going. Most of this was all on the fly.
#2 Posted: 19:00:50 14/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Seriously, does anyone have any thoughts? Any...at...all?
#3 Posted: 21:46:56 16/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Hello? ....................smilie Please don't let all my thoughts go to waist......smilie
cynder2000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2277
#4 Posted: 22:36:54 16/09/2010
Yes!It's good!Keep going!Don't worry,I only had one reader for The last purple bird:a story
Then I had another person!Just keep going and maybe others will notice it!smilie
---
(Avatar made by CinderLover!smilie)
"In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."
I'm still here, but I'm mainly invisible...
karen f Yellow Sparx Gems: 1578
#5 Posted: 00:23:22 17/09/2010
awesome story! smilie
---
~That akward moment when it seems like your post has made other people want to stop posting...~
#6 Posted: 00:24:52 17/09/2010
Woohoo another reader!smilie
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#7 Posted: 00:46:57 17/09/2010
Cool. smilie
#8 Posted: 21:45:47 17/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Yay! more readers! I is SO happy! I'm working on the plot as I go, so the first cha[ter will take a while. Don't expect it until either tomoroa, or Sunday, PA time.
#9 Posted: 21:50:21 17/09/2010
Ok!Awww!Will you read my story Goldenfire?It's called : The Last Purple Bird:A story
---
#10 Posted: 02:24:39 18/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Of course! So.....

Chapter One: Who Are You?

Dentro stared at the girl. She had appeared as if out of nowhere and she could meld metal. He stared at her and she finally moved to stnad. He pulled the string of his bow even tighter, his silver and steel arrow nocked. She froze.
"Please don't shoot me." She said calmly. He didn't slacken his bow. "My name is Venia. I've been tracking you since the attack. I thought I was the last until I saw you." She said, standing up the rest of the way, her yellow eyes flashing.
Dentro nodded to her. "Dentro. Same, excpept for the fact that I didn't know I was being followed. And that is a grand feat to accomplish."
Venia nodded. Her bracelets floated along her arms. "I thought we were all wiped out." She whispered, rain dripping off her nose.
Dentro nodded. "Same." He said. "How did you survive the blast?"
Venia shuddered. "I almost didn't make it. I barely made it underground in time."
He stared at her. "Underground?" He asked, finally putting his bow away, shrinking it to the size of a small stick and sliding it into its slot on the inside of his coat. He slipped his arrow back into the miniquiver, after shriking it down to the size of a very small twig.
Venia nodded. "I dug a hole. A deep hole. Me and my friends, but the tunnel collapsed before we could get in, and I was the only one who would fit inside the remains." She looked him in his peircing grey eyes. "What about you?"
Dentro crossed his arms. "Not really any of your business, now is it?"
She started back a step. "I was simply curious. I told you didn't I?" He didn't answer. Instead, he turned and began to walk into the forest. "Hey, where are you going?" Venia called, chaseing after him.
"Away from you. You're a living target." He snapped. Venia stopped, watching him go in silence.

Coming Soon!
Chapter Two: What's Left
#11 Posted: 02:36:10 18/09/2010
Woohoo!You are on and your story is great!smilie
---
#12 Posted: 02:40:15 18/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you very much. I could techinchly do thenext chapter now, but I'm gonna leave you wanting more. I'm sorry, but I'm a tad bit busy for your stry right now....I is sad about that....
#13 Posted: 02:41:54 18/09/2010
Okay!Will you read my story?
---
#14 Posted: 02:46:54 18/09/2010 | Topic Creator
As I said, kinda busy right now....but yes, I will eventually read your story.
#15 Posted: 02:53:22 18/09/2010
Ok,thanks!smilie I'm tired and I can't make more,though.smiliesmiliesmilie
---
#16 Posted: 18:16:44 18/09/2010
Cool.
#17 Posted: 20:36:50 18/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you, thank you. Which character do you like better? Dentro or Venia?
#18 Posted: 00:02:18 19/09/2010
Dentro!My opinion!smilie
---
#19 Posted: 18:50:39 19/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Why? And why not Venia?
#20 Posted: 21:33:13 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Okay! here's *crickets*......uhhhh...... here's *drumrole*:

Chapter Two: What's Left

Dentro kept walking through the forest. Well, what remained of it. Another melder! I can't believe one survived! I just can't! And what are the chances of it being her? Why'd it have to be her? He fumed over his bad luck. He knew about Venia. She was of the wild packs of melders, who had caused them all to be wiped out in the first place. Even though she was small, she was their leader. She had been since she was able to meld and fight. Of course she would be what's left. He thought.

Venia watched Dentro go. Why are domestics always so...odd? I was so happy to find another melder. Why did it have to be him? He, of all those domesticated softies, is the worst. She knew of Dentro. He was the top notch archer melder, the big dog, the alpha male of the domesticated world. And she never would have thought the demestics could have survived the blast. Of course he would be what's left. She thought.

-------------------------------------
And there it is! Whadya think? Not Chapter one, or the intro, but is good, yes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:25 20/09/2010 by Goldenfire
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#21 Posted: 22:18:51 20/09/2010
I LOVE it! I sense love. Why? Because some love stories start out hating each other then slowly loving each other. AWWWW!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#22 Posted: 22:22:31 20/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you! thank you! I'll be posting more soon! *bows elegantly* So who do you like better, and why?
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#23 Posted: 22:36:52 20/09/2010
YAY!

Hmmm....Venia. Cuase Deron is mean and I imagine her very pretty. Theres more but im brain dead right now.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#24 Posted: 22:06:51 21/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Dentro. Not Deron. Where did you get that? And I understand that you're brain dead. Heck, I am half the time good ideas come to me.
#25 Posted: 20:04:53 22/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Here's the next Chapter!

Chapter Three: A Common Enemy.

Venia waited another minute, then leaped into a tree, reforming her claws from her bracelets, covering both of her hands entirely with the metal and extending it up her arm in a gaurd. She landed on a low branch and then began to leap through the trees, after Dentro. She soon spotted him. It was still raining, and water dripped into her eyes. She swiped it out with the back of her hand and dug her claws into the trunk of her tree, watching Dentro. He stopped. Then he walked over to a tree opposite hers and placed his palm on it's trunk. A section of the tree glowed briefly and then a panel slid open in the ground. So that's where you hid out. She thought. Venia slid silently to the ground, digging her claws in at the last moment before she hit the ground. Dentro went down the steps inside the hole, and Venia followed after him, at a slight distance, just enough to get below ground before the panel slid back over her head. It became pitch black. Suddenly, there was a sound of a scuffle, and Dentro was suddenly behind her, holding the point of an arrow to her spine.
"I don't know how you got in here, but you're not going to be leaving alive unless you prove you aren't a danger or a fraud." He said iceily. Venia raised her hands in surender. Hopefully, he couldn't see in the dark, or her claws would be given away.
"Fine. But you have to promise not to hurt me, or I tell you nothing." she said to him.
He was silent for a moment. "Very well." The arrow disapeared and there was a click. Light flooded the stairwell, and Venia had to cover her eyes. She yelped and he put pressure on the back of her neck. "Down." He said. She obeyed, walking slowly down into the darkness. They came to a small cave. He sat her in a seat and leaned against the wall. He was silent for a time, pondering. "How did you get down here?" he asked Venia.
"I followed you at the last second." She answered, looking around curiously. "We have something in common you and I. Our enemies. They wiped both of our breeds out. I know that it was mostly our fault, us Wilds, but you Domestics are so....... boring." She was about to continue, but he backhanded her accross the mouth.
"Shut up! Just...Shut up!" He shouted at her. His voice was full of anger and hatred. She cowered in the chair, slightly afraid, now, of this man, this Domestic who had slapped her. "I don't want to hear what a Wild like you has to say about anything! We are nothing alike! Nothing!" Then he turned away from her and faced into a corner, sobbing uncontrolably with rage and pain.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:16 23/09/2010 by Goldenfire
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#26 Posted: 21:47:28 22/09/2010
wow. what a cool story. i honestly haven't read anything like it. it's very intresting. write more. i want to know what happens next.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Cynder 58 Gold Sparx Gems: 2431
#27 Posted: 20:19:32 23/09/2010
Wow Goldenfire, great story! smilie I can't wait for the next chapter! smilie
---
"Every wolf's howl, raises from Hell a human soul"
#28 Posted: 21:46:08 23/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Thank you! thank you! I'll be here all week! BD Good to hear the positive feedback. Yeah, I'm working hard, but it doesn't acctually take me that long. Notice that most of the chapters so far are at really odd times compared to when I'm usualy on. That's casue most of my ideas come to me at night. *shrug* I dunno why, they just do.
#29 Posted: 22:33:53 23/09/2010 | Topic Creator
So tempted to post Forth Chapter............................This will have to do...

COMING SOON!
Chapter Four: Painful Thoughts
COMING SOON!

And how do you spell thoughts?
#30 Posted: 23:00:34 24/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Chapter Four: Painful Thoughts

Dentro couldn't believe he was losing it in front of a girl. A Wild girl, no less! But once the tears started to come, there was no way for him to stop them. He sobbed, exhausted, upset, and angry at the world. He missed the rest of his family, the other Domestics who had prodly worn the title with him...and most of all, his sister. Why? Why did they all have to die!? He thought.

Venia jerked straight upright. "I'm right here! Don't shout!" She said, her ears ringing. He had shouted, 'Why? Why did they all have to die!?' Dentro whirled on her, and she slipped so fast off the chair and behind it, claws gleaming, that she was a blur. "Oh, now you can read minds to!?" he shouted. She shook with fear. "No! I didn't read your mind, you-" She tried to say, but he cut her off. "I what? What? What did I do!? Do you want to know what I did? I indirectly helped to destroy my race! Now, because of me, they're all dead! It was all my fault! I'm the one who killed your leader, not them! They never even came near you!" He shook with anger and pain. Venia slowly uncrouched. "I'm the one who killed her! I'm the one who gave you the motivation to attack them! Those freaks of nature, those Nothings!" Venia gazed at him in silence as he confesed what he had done and unburdened himself to her. "I'm sorry..." He whispered to her, crouching down on the ground and curling up there.

Venia stood there, looking at the true one who had killed her mother. The true one who had caused all of her grief and pain. She had sworn to herself that she would kill the one who had done it someday. But now, looking at Dentro, the last of his own kind, she couldn't. She was angry at him, but she still couldn't. Her own memories, of the battles she had fought, the losses she had felt, the pain and the anger, they were enough for her to sympathise with Dentro. Even just a little. He was also alone in this world of hatered and anger and pain, just as she was. But she had just one question, and she wasn't sure she wanted the answer.
"Why did you do it?" She whispered, her voice rasping as slient tears began to drip down her face.

Dentro remained curled up. "I......I......I wanted you two to wipe each other out." He whispered. then he turned his back to her, sobbing into his arms.

Venia gasped. Then she froze. he had wanted them to....... destroy... each... other? But...But.....Why?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:30 24/09/2010 by Goldenfire
#31 Posted: 23:13:23 24/09/2010
awesome story. write more.
---
#32 Posted: 23:23:57 24/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Gah! i just DID! I can't keep up with myself as is! My chapters are getting longer by the...well, chapter! ................... You're going to have to wait a day or two. I'm still in a mood........And the story is kinda supposed to take a differant turn in the next chapter, so.....Not the right mood for it. But here's the name.

Chapter Five: Explanation

Judging that most of my names and Chapters are directly linked, you thik about what it could be. Also:

Who's your favorite chara and why?
#33 Posted: 00:23:28 25/09/2010
hmm, i like them both, but as of right now, i could of like Dentro more. i don't know, i guess i can relate to him more. you see, at first, he was kind of stoic. he didn't really show emotions. then he loses it in front of Venia, which makes sense considering what happened. i like Venia, but she seems a bit mroe on the whimpy side at the moment. i'm not like calling her a whimp or anything. it's just that she seems so afraid. Dentro seems more liek a warrior. Venia probally has that side to her, but right now, she's seems more emotional and a bit cowardly i guess.
---
#34 Posted: 19:02:47 25/09/2010 | Topic Creator
I see. Thanks for the feedback. Venia is like that because of how she was raised. Same with Dentro. Their section of species means something, if you look carefully and think a bit. I'm tempted to post the next chapter now......but no. I'll wait for another day or two.
#35 Posted: 02:12:24 26/09/2010
Pretty cool. smilie
#36 Posted: 18:02:43 26/09/2010
I really like this story smilie Venia is my fave so far smilie
---
#37 Posted: 21:16:50 26/09/2010 | Topic Creator
smilie how many times do I have to say this? Why? Why is she or he your favorite?
pony_girl24 Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#38 Posted: 22:16:23 26/09/2010
Good.
#39 Posted: 09:21:44 27/09/2010
I like Venia's personality! I think shes really cool, I can really picture her smilie
---
#40 Posted: 21:08:28 27/09/2010
Great story,Goldenfire!smilie
---
#41 Posted: 22:23:43 27/09/2010 | Topic Creator
thank you! Thanks a lot! I really apreciate it. More on both Venia and Dentro will be reavealed in the next three chapters.
#42 Posted: 22:05:22 28/09/2010 | Topic Creator
Drumrooooooooooooolllllllllll!
Presenting..............
Chapter Five: Explanations

Dentro sobbed with pain as he told her. "i wanted you two to destroy each other." And yet, everyone had been destroyed. Why had the Domestics been destroyed? Why? They had never done anything to the Nothings! But....I wanted the Wilds gone! That was all! So why did the Nothings destroy them all? Dentro sobbed as his thoughts ran in circles. He sobbed until he could sob no more, and tears streamed silently down his face. Eventually, after a long time, even the tears stopped. Dento stood up and turned to face Venia, his gray eyes cast down, not able to meet her yellow ones. "I never intended-"
"No! Stop! Talking!" Venia shouted, cutting him off, her own rage flareing up, breaking loose. "I don't want to hear about what you didn't intend to happen! I don't want to hear about how you didnt think the Domsectics would be targeted! I don't want to hear any of your lame excuses!" She was shaking with rage. Her bracelets had gone back to normal when she had gone into shock, and now her claws shot back out. The silver covered her hands entirely, the claws becoming long and hooked tallons. Venia glared at him, her pupils changeing turning into thins slits, catlike, angry. She pulled a thin band out of her pocket, and the metal shot into her mouth, extending her teeth like fangs. Then she crouched low, and leaped at Dentro, snarling.
Dentro yelped and whiped his bow out, turning it instead to a sword.he blocked her claws, sparks flying. "Stop! Venia! Stop! I didn't mean-" Her growling cut him off. His pupils went wide and round, filling his eyes. He dropped suddenly to the ground, and Venia flew over him. She dug her claws into the wall and ripped a large slice into it, only about as thick as a small hardcover book, but as deep as the length of your hand. She whipped around. "You...You...You....RAAGH!" She shouted, lunging for his throught, teeth flashing. Dentro parried her claws, but her teeth snapped near his throught, catching his skin and drawing blood. "I want no explanation for what you have done." she hissed, low and menacing, in his ear.

So? How about THAT turn off events?
#43 Posted: 01:31:06 29/09/2010
Oooh nice!smiliesmilie I love it!
---
#44 Posted: 02:31:04 29/09/2010 | Topic Creator
THank you, thank you. I couldn't help but make Venia go postal. I'd been waiting for the right opertunity to have her snap. It just worked out.
#45 Posted: 20:11:29 01/10/2010
It sure did!smilie
---
#46 Posted: 00:31:47 02/10/2010
awesome. love it. now we're seeing a diffrent side of Venia. i like her better now. less cowardly. please write more soon.
---
#47 Posted: 03:41:32 03/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Oh yes! Sorry I didn't get the next chapter up yesterday, but I ran out of time, and, well, yeah. You know. Saw Legend of the Gaurdians today. they didn't totally ruin it for once, like they usually do with all books that aren't Harry Potter or Narnia.

Chapter Six: Enter-the Power of the Wilds

Venia snarled and tried to rip Dentro's throught out. He threw her off at the last second then leaped at her, slashing his sword in complex patterns of stars, figure eights, X's, circles, direct slashes and so much more. Venia was backed up against a wall, eyes still slits, her claws blocking like crazy, almost overwhelmed. She slipped a bit of metal down her arm, creating a gauntlet, then flashed it up, deflecting a blow and sending the sword into the wall behind her. Dentro let it hang there and then slammed into her stomach with his shoulder, ramming her against the wall. The breath left her lungs in a huge WHOOSH! and she doubled over in pain. Dentro pinned her arms to the ground, claws digging into the dirt, but she lost control over them, and they returned to bracelet form. The piece of metal fell from her mouth as she struggled to breath. Her eyes returned to normal and Dentro's eyes did too. They both blinked, and Venia finally managed to breath. "That's it. Take deep breathes. Calm down." Dentro said, and she hissed at him half heartedly. He remained silent after that. When she had finally calmed down, Dentro slowly let her go. She imediately curled up in a corner, facing him, back pressed to the wall. He stood up and removed his sword and then shrank it back to pencil size. "If you would not try to kill me, I'll try to explain why." he said. Venia was silent. Dentro pulled up a chair and sat down, head in his hands, wondering where to begin. My parents death? Or maybe my horrible childhood? Or maybe I should start with the betrayel of.... His thoughts were cut short as Venia spoke.
"I don't want to HEAR the reasons why." She said in a small voice. "I don't. At all." Dentro stiffened, reaching for his metal piece. "I want to understand why." he stopped. "I don't just want to hear it. I want to live it, to know what you went through." Dentro let his hand drop to his knee again. Venia continued. "I can't fully understand otherwise. And if i don't understand, I can do nothing but hate you for what you've done." Dentro hung his head.
"I'm afraid that isn't possible." he whispered. Venia got up and Dentro stiffened again. She froze imediately. He relaxed and she finished standing, slowly walking over to him, as though HE were the Wild one. How ironic. he thought. She crouched in front of him, and lifted his face so that they looked each other in the eye. "Yes it is." She said. He started. "We Wilds have an ability. We hardly ever tell anyone about it. Not even all Wilds know about it. We can project our minds directly into others, not only experienceing, but also enhancing memories, so that it's like we live them. It's emotionally like going through all of it again for the person who we effect. But we feel it all too, from the same perspective." Dentro stared at her.
"How?" he asked. Venia let out a deep breath.
"I can't tell you. I have to show you. But," She looked into his eyes, searching for something. "I need to know...if you trust me or not." She said. Dentro imediately grabbed her hand, and she was the one who stiffened. "Yes." Venia blinked, surprised. "Yes." Dentro repeated, holding her hand in both of his. She nodded, and he nodded back. "Fine." She whispered. She stood and brought her own chair over, sitting in front of him. Then she pressed her forhead to his. "Hold the memory in your mind, as clear as you can. Try to guide me to it, or I might end up in something embarassing." She said. Dentro flinched a bit at her touch, and her last sentance, but then relaxed into her forehead. He held the memory of his best friend, Chakaze, a Wild, in his mind and closed his eyes............................
Nicoppalus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1397
#48 Posted: 09:25:48 03/10/2010
HURRY UP! I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
---
Hi... I don't use this site anymore.
#49 Posted: 20:10:26 03/10/2010 | Topic Creator
Uh uh uh! Not yet! I'm going to bait you all and make you wait. (And also come up with a good way to describe this.......*scrathes head with pencil* Hmmmmm..........)
#50 Posted: 21:46:36 06/10/2010
This is good!smilie
---
Page 1 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me