Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer / Ripto's Rage > Glitch Guide For This Game Is In Construction.........
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Glitch Guide For This Game Is In Construction.........
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#301 Posted: 11:27:32 13/07/2012
Woah, I almost forgot about this guide smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#302 Posted: 22:53:44 22/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
Woah, I almost forgot about this guide smilie

Well, that's probably because I haven't updated in what seems like forever. But don't worry. I'm getting to work on it as soon as I can!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#303 Posted: 04:03:18 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi fans! Sorry about another 3 month drought on my Glitch Guide. I swear I am trying my hardest to find free time in order to continue working on this project. But so far, I have either been busy with school work/life, or haven't had the inspiration to write more of the Glitch Guide. But, I do have some good news to report on the guide. It turns out that I did write some of it in the past, and never got around to posting it for some reason. So, just to hold you over till another update, here's a few more glitches that I wrote but never posted for some reason.

*Another Note: I guess I skipped Breeze Harbor (Harbour) one day, so the numbering is off again. Sorry about that again. This time, it won't be as big of a leap. (Between #99 and #101 to be exact.) Also something to note, we have finally reached 100 glitches! Well, almost, since I'm still need to complete a few glitches from Zephyr and Breeze Harbor (Harbour). But, oh well. I say it's close enough to about 100 glitches! smilie

Metro Speedway Glitches:
102.) Fly Under The Speedway:
Note: Requires the Magma Cone invincibility glitch.

This is a glitch that will allow you to fly underneath the speedway. Okay, first perform the Magma Cone invincibility glitch. Then, go to Metro Speedway without dying. Once here, immediately have Spyro fly down toward the water. If done right, Spyro should have gone through the water that normally would’ve caused you to crash. Congrats! You can now fly underneath the water of Metro Speedway.

103.) Walking Under Water 7:
Note: Requires the previous glitch.

This is a glitch that will allow you to walk beneath the water of a small portion of land in Metro Speedway. Okay, first perform the previous glitch (“Fly Under The Speedway”). Next, make your way toward the beginning of the speedway where the pigeons are. Then, have Spyro fly down toward the water right after you pass the waterfall to your right, and are in the spot directly beneath the bridge that you activate. If done right, you should have landed on a small rectangular platform-like area. Congratulations! You are now walking under water in Metro Speedway!

104.) Getting A Little Higher In The Speedway:
Note: Requires the Double Jump Technique.

This is a glitch that will allow you to get a little bit more elevation in Metro Speedway. Okay, first go to the area where the bungie jumpers are. Second, fly up as high as the speedway will allow you to. (You will know you are at the maximum height when Spyro stops gaining altitude and seems to only keep flying straight.) Next, position Spyro so that he is flying parallel to the platform that the bungie jumpers jump off of. (This platform is directly above where the bungie jumpers dangle when you normally encounter them.) Finally, while using the Double-Jump technique, move Spyro toward the platform while slightly moving up on the Analog Stick/D-Pad as well as in direction of the platform. If done right, you should’ve been able to land on top of the platform. Great work! You are now slightly higher in the speedway! You will be able to tell you did the glitch right by simply trying to fly again from this position. If you did the glitch right, Spyro should be forced down from flying by some unknown force and land on top of the platform.
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#304 Posted: 15:31:50 10/10/2012
These guides really help!! smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#305 Posted: 18:15:39 11/10/2012
This guide it's too glitchy xD
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#306 Posted: 23:38:40 15/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar
These guides really help!! smilie

Thank you! I do try! smilie
---
Rose Tyler Gnorc Gems: 87
#307 Posted: 19:35:54 18/10/2012
Im gonna glitch up Spyro...brb
#308 Posted: 04:34:58 29/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rose Tyler
Im gonna glitch up Spyro...brb

Have fun with that! smilie
---
gothgirl14 Gnorc Gems: 249
#309 Posted: 17:29:41 15/12/2012
Wow. Glitchy game or what!!
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#310 Posted: 19:14:01 15/12/2012
Have you already posted Magma Cone glitch used in every third glitch? I'd like to explore it by myself, but I don't know how to do it!
---
Any Osu fan here?
#311 Posted: 02:24:50 22/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wojowu
Have you already posted Magma Cone glitch used in every third glitch? I'd like to explore it by myself, but I don't know how to do it!

No, I have not. I have not yet posted an explanation of how to do the Magma Cone Invincibility Glitch. But I do have some good news. I can give you a video of it. You can see the Invincibility glitch performed in this video from 0:37 to 0:59. Once you perform this glitch, you should notice a few odd things happening. First off, you can't pause the game. Second, you can't get Sparx back. Third, you can still die from pits and enemies, but you can notice that you are "invincible" from using water (since there's no swimming animation). Fourth, to undo this glitch, all you have to do is die once and then the game should go back to normal.
---
#312 Posted: 10:18:27 22/12/2012
Quote: SpyroGamer2008

No, I have not. I have not yet posted an explanation of how to do the Magma Cone Invincibility Glitch. But I do have some good news. I can give you a video of it. You can see the Invincibility glitch performed in this video from 0:37 to 0:59. Once you perform this glitch, you should notice a few odd things happening. First off, you can't pause the game. Second, you can't get Sparx back. Third, you can still die from pits and enemies, but you can notice that you are "invincible" from using water (since there's no swimming animation). Fourth, to undo this glitch, all you have to do is die once and then the game should go back to normal.

I must say, it seems to have exactly same effect as Spyro 3 invincibility glitch. But in Spyro 3 you can also be swimming in air with that.

I've question - could I make video version of this glitch guide? I'm type of glitch enthusiast, so I'd like to do that, just want to know if creator has something against smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:34 23/12/2012 by Wojowu
#313 Posted: 07:37:55 24/12/2012 | Topic Creator

I must say, it seems to have exactly same effect as Spyro 3 invincibility glitch. But in Spyro 3 you can also be swimming in air with that.

I've question - could I make video version of this glitch guide? I'm type of glitch enthusiast, so I'd like to do that, just want to know if creator has something against smilie

Well, I was planning on making videos for my Glitch Guide, but I currently am not able to due to not being able to record good quality on my videos. So, yeah, if you want to record some of these glitches, feel free to do so! smilie I'll link your videos to my descriptions and revise the part at the beginning where I say I wrote this guide to include you who'll provide the videos! smilie
---
Crivtox Red Sparx Gems: 93
#314 Posted: 14:27:15 22/01/2013
So just a quick question...
I found this guide a couple of days ago, and I was so excited about it I immediately turned my PS2 on and started trying out some of them (I didn't even know how to double jump until now, and I've been playing Spyro 2 for years). So I got to Crush's Dungeon, I double-jumped to the border of the area, did the camera glitch, walked through the candles, banged my head against Ripto for a while (lol), but something strange happened. I was walking around on the platform, trying to snipe Crush, but suddenly Spyro stopped walking and I was unable to move or rotate the camera. Oh, and some weird steam started coming out of Spyro's legs. (Yes, my controller is properly plugged in because I can pause the game.)
I just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else, because I looked for it, but I didn't find it in the glitch guide...
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
#315 Posted: 14:59:12 22/01/2013
Can you post a picture? I don't remember any mention on such glitch, so I can't help
---
Any Osu fan here?
#316 Posted: 15:27:25 22/01/2013
Well, once it happens, the camera starts slowly zomming in, so right now the only thing that I could take a picture of is the back of Spyro's head.
I'll try to pull it off again, but it's so weird I doubt it will work again...
Edit: Made it work! Apparently it happens only in one place: When you get to Ripto, go to the left (his left) and jump over the small wall to get to one of the small areas surrounding the arena. Repeat this process two more times. The glitch happens in the leftmost corner of that area.
http://puu.sh/1R65z
Sorry for the bad quality, I don't have a capture card or anything, so my mobile phone is my only way to take pictures of the game.
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:44 22/01/2013 by Crivtox
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#317 Posted: 18:26:05 22/01/2013
^ Huh. In my 13 year history of Playing Spyro 2, I've never ever experienced that glitch. Wow. Learn something new everyday folks.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#318 Posted: 20:54:01 22/01/2013
Confirmed. See my video:

I found something interesting before recording - when Spyro falls from small height, he creates tiny cloud of dust. Imagine hundreds of such clouds appearing in the same second. This is what I think glitch is about. Falling theorem also explains why you can't move nor flame (you can not do it during touchdown either), but doesn't explain zooming in
---
Any Osu fan here?
#319 Posted: 21:09:23 22/01/2013
Yes, that's exactly what happened to me! It's probably what you're saying, some weird surface irregularity that causes Spyro to start falling endlessly (if you listen to that buzzing noise, it sounds like a landing noise being played over and over again very quickly).
Maybe the zooming is the camera trying to keep up with a falling Spyro?
(Thanks for recording it, by the way!)
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#320 Posted: 21:11:04 22/01/2013
^ That's amazing.... That needs to be added to the guide.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#321 Posted: 22:06:09 22/01/2013
This is a bit crazy... I saw Crivtox's comment saying where to do a glitch. 2 minutes later Fraps and emulator were ready to recording (5 mins of failing when tried to record thing xD), 10 mins of uploading and 2 minutes later you can watch this on DS.
EDIT: Just after posting I found out how to do that without steam effect. Locate exact point where glitch happens and jump on it, not walk into it. No footage, because it's just Spyro sitting in place smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:02 22/01/2013 by Wojowu
#322 Posted: 22:23:30 22/01/2013
So when you walk into the spot the game assumes you are falling and does the steam effect, but when you actually fall it doesn't? That's kind of crazy.
I'll try that later. Right now I'm too busy swimming around Breeze Harbour.
---
#323 Posted: 10:56:10 23/01/2013
Alright guys, this is getting weirder and weirder. Area where glitch happens is approximately triangular:
[User Posted Image]
But weirdest part is going to come: I'm sure this isn't surface irregularity causing problem. I know that because...
Glitching area is 3-dimensional object. When you try to fly above it, controls automatically get turned off. Jump, D-jump, glide, horn dive - all are stopped in mid air.

Next, camera stops working properly. When you try to land on slope on the right of glitch area, you slide down and this is what happens:
[User Posted Image]
You see that purple and yellow dots in bottom left? This is Spyro out of camera range.
Next, there is some point, hard to localize, such that jumping there ends with insta-death. It happened to me twice, but later I couldn't find that spot. It's somewhere on slope.
Next, about "touchdown paradox" from previous post, when you fall, actual touchdown happens. You have enough speed to exactly touch ground, so touchdown animation doesn't loop.
Last, but not least, I think I know why zooming in happens. When you are falling, Spyro is rotated head-up. When you are on a slope, you are a bit off. During touchdown, Spyro rotates, which causes minor camera adjustment. Imagine this repeated thousands of times.
Oh, I almost forgot. There is another glitch area. Jump around one more wall with candle. On the left you should glitch out as well.
Wait, that's not all. I checked every sector of boss arena, and there is exactly one more glitching place. Stand where Ripto is. go to sector exactly on the other side of arena. In right hand corner you'll glitch out once again.
---
Any Osu fan here?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:03:54 23/01/2013 by Wojowu
#324 Posted: 11:11:09 23/01/2013
Ok, that IS pretty weird. I have no idea why this glitch could possibly happen... I mean, if it's not the surface that's causing it... What the heck did the programmers put there? There's nothing special about that place... It's just one of the hundreds of places you're not supposed to get to.
By the way, that other glitch area you mention is actually where I found it in the first place. I suppose this means that there is only one glitch area, and the wall is actually part of it.
---
#325 Posted: 11:38:00 23/01/2013
Quote: Crivtox
Ok, that IS pretty weird. I have no idea why this glitch could possibly happen... I mean, if it's not the surface that's causing it... What the heck did the programmers put there? There's nothing special about that place... It's just one of the hundreds of places you're not supposed to get to.
By the way, that other glitch area you mention is actually where I found it in the first place. I suppose this means that there is only one glitch area, and the wall is actually part of it.

Read spoiler at the end. You are right, but that new area must be something else, unless programmers really messed up creating crazy polyhedral structure around area smilie I mean, it's on the other side of arena!
About insta-death: I found out it's not about spot, it's about falling. Using moonjump (cheater) when I ascended, and then hit barrier, after around second of falling I died.

Edit: New theory, and I'm pretty sure this is explantation. Using emulator I was flying around other levels, and I found there is bounding box around every of them. This is set of walls (probably rectangular) which disallows you to fly away too much. When you hit boundary controls are shut off, and you start to fall and, no matter what, you die from falling after second or two. You can do it by yourself in aby level with swim-in-air glitch. Most probably in Crush Dungeon programmers made bounding box too small, so part of arena is outside it
---
Any Osu fan here?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:10:41 23/01/2013 by Wojowu
#326 Posted: 14:53:00 13/02/2013 | Topic Creator
That's a cool glitch you found, Wojowu! smilie I would be honored to put this glitch in my Glitch Guide! But only if you give me permission, first. Also, don't worry. I will give you credit where it's due.
---
#327 Posted: 18:52:28 13/02/2013
That's a cool glitch you found, Wojowu! smilie I would be honored to put this glitch in my Glitch Guide! But only if you give me permission, first. Also, don't worry. I will give you credit where it's due.

Only if you credit Crivtox too smilie He found out this glitch, I found out more details and why it happens
---
Any Osu fan here?
#328 Posted: 04:56:31 14/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Only if you credit Crivtox too smilie He found out this glitch, I found out more details and why it happens

That won't be too much of a hassle. I will make sure to credit both of you, don't worry! smilie
---
#329 Posted: 20:25:56 20/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Wow. I haven't updated this since October 9th, 2012? smilie Man, sorry about that fans. I promise to have an update by the end of August this month.
---
#330 Posted: 22:53:06 20/08/2013
How do you find the glitches? Sorry if its been asked before
---
oh my god
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#331 Posted: 06:42:51 21/08/2013
Wow, just had a look back at the first page, and this topic has been alive since late 2008.
Probably the longest "active" topic in the Spyro games?

Reason why I say "active" is because, it seems to be left alone for a couple of months, and then it gets bumped with new information.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#332 Posted: 20:23:31 21/08/2013
This is the best topic ever smilie
---
oh my god
#333 Posted: 19:35:48 04/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Wow, just had a look back at the first page, and this topic has been alive since late 2008.
Probably the longest "active" topic in the Spyro games?

Reason why I say "active" is because, it seems to be left alone for a couple of months, and then it gets bumped with new information.

I know! This topic was started back when I was pretty much a new member of the site, and my laziness has kept you fans waiting for so long. But you know, life and stuff get in the way of what you like to do. But I vow to finish this, as well as make a Glitch Guide for Spyro 1 and 3. (I just hope that those won't take as long as this one. smilie )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you find the glitches? Sorry if its been asked before

In all seriousness, a lot of these glitches weren't actually found by me, but instead found by others. The few glitches that were found by me were mostly actually found by accident. I tend to find a ton of bugs on games for some reason, whether it be retro or current generation. But like with everything, there is an exception to this. I usually play through Spyro 2 looking for glitches by simply using the Double Jump technique/glitch to get outside of the level. (If you are wondering how to do it, I do it by pressing the X-Button to initially jump, and then while Spyro is still in the air, I use my thumb to press the X-Button and the Square button at the same time. This takes practice, but once you get the hang of it, you can go exploring Spyro's worlds like you weren't supposed to. smilie ) Then I mess around and such, looking for new ways to exploit the game, and seeing if parts of levels or the entire level can be skipped. I have pretty much broken out of almost every level in Spyro 2 and seen it from a different angle. (Except for a few levels, like Shady Oasis, which I swear you would need a cheating devise to get out of that level.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the best topic ever smilie

And thanks! I haven't had anyone say that about a topic I made. This is a first for me!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:47 04/09/2013 by SpyroGamer2008
#334 Posted: 22:18:43 04/09/2013
Quote: SG2008
In all seriousness, a lot of these glitches weren't actually found by me, but instead found by others. The few glitches that were found by me were mostly actually found by accident. I tend to find a ton of bugs on games for some reason, whether it be retro or current generation. But like with everything, there is an exception to this. I usually play through Spyro 2 looking for glitches by simply using the Double Jump technique/glitch to get outside of the level. (If you are wondering how to do it, I do it by pressing the X-Button to initially jump, and then while Spyro is still in the air, I use my thumb to press the X-Button and the Square button at the same time. This takes practice, but once you get the hang of it, you can go exploring Spyro's worlds like you weren't supposed to. smilie ) Then I mess around and such, looking for new ways to exploit the game, and seeing if parts of levels or the entire level can be skipped. I have pretty much broken out of almost every level in Spyro 2 and seen it from a different angle. (Except for a few levels, like Shady Oasis, which I swear you would need a cheating devise to get out of that level.)

Oh, thanks for the advice on how to double-jump! I was gonna ask that next smilie
That is quite cool. I was thinking of trying to find glitches in YOTD. I'll inform you if you do a glitch guide for that and if I find any smilie
---
oh my god
#335 Posted: 21:59:45 10/09/2013 | Topic Creator
That would be a big help, Jaggedstar! Thanks for your idea of contributing glitches to this guide and a future Spyro 3 one! And don't worry! I would make sure to go back through this topic and look for people, like you, who asked to contribute, and include you in a credits page.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#336 Posted: 03:50:06 11/09/2013
I'm so glad this guide is discovering and writing new things again! I don't really glitch around too much, but I'm a huge fan of your guide! smilie

There's a Spyro 3 glitch guide out there, though I'm sure it's missing some things. Maybe someone could message that user and collaborate on an updated version?
#337 Posted: 21:52:53 21/09/2013
Wow, it's amazing this topic still lives up smilie
---
#338 Posted: 20:17:14 15/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
Wow, it's amazing this topic still lives up smilie

I know. smilie I wonder if SuperSpyroFan is right about this topic being the oldest running topic in the Spyro game section. If so, I guess I should be happy that I was so lazy for all these years? smilie
---
#339 Posted: 22:24:28 16/10/2013
have you done any videos for any glitches?

(if this has been asked/mentioned before, i am so sorry. laziness.)
---
oh my god
#340 Posted: 13:50:34 17/10/2013
There must be. If there aren't then there should be. As for me, the only glitches I managed to uncover by myself was swimming in the air in Enter the Dragonfly. The other glitch I tried (following a guide) was the swimming in the air (again) in Evening Lake, using the near death glitch of Fireworks Factory in Year of the Dragon.
---
#341 Posted: 17:11:02 25/01/2014

Asdfghjkl
---
oh my god
#342 Posted: 21:27:00 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator

Asdfghjkl

I have done only a few videos on some glitches on my Youtube channel, here. They are not very good quality, though, since I recorded them by setting my computer's WebCam (which was an Apple laptop that I used for my school at the time) on a chair, and then placing it in front of the TV. (So that is the potato I recorded with. smilie ) I am hoping to either get a Capture Card for my birthday, Christmas, or start saving up money to get one real soon. I am hoping to start uploading videos to my personal Youtube channel, as well as a shared Channel that me and two real life friends plan on using to start making some videos together for the enjoyment of each other, and the enjoyment of those who chose to watch them.
---
#343 Posted: 02:45:57 29/03/2014
Nice, okay!
---
oh my god
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#344 Posted: 21:19:08 06/04/2014
I found a minor glitch in Autumn Plains! Normally, if you shoot Superflame underwater and it hits the surface then it explodes. However, there's a little spot in the Autumn Plains pool where you can shoot Superflame and it'll hit the surface, but keep flying past it up into the sky. I know it wasn't a fluke, because I pulled it off more than once. Here's a picture of it:
[User Posted Image]

This is on the top-left corner of the pool, I believe(although I haven't done this glitch in a while, so that might be wrong).

I'm guessing this is caused by them not marking a very small spot as being the water's surface, and the Superflame is small enough to be able to fly through that spot without hitting an area properly marked as the surface and exploding. I guess you'd probably be able to swim in air through that spot but it seems like it's too small and Spyro is too big for it to do that so the game just counts it as you hitting the surrounding, properly marked water surface...
#345 Posted: 18:07:27 02/11/2014
-Bump-
---
oh my god
#346 Posted: 16:49:03 04/11/2014
bump again
---
oh my god
#347 Posted: 19:56:42 19/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Who thinks that SpyroGamer2008 should update this thing? smilie Well, how about it, SpyroGamer2008?
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#348 Posted: 22:31:46 19/09/2015
Yeah, Sounds Great SpyroGamer2008! Read this just a few hours and thought, this is from 2008! wowza that's old!
#349 Posted: 22:26:22 06/12/2015
Who thinks that SpyroGamer2008 should update this thing? smilie Well, how about it, SpyroGamer2008?

Jaggedstar thinks SpyroGamer2008 should update this smilie
---
oh my god
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#350 Posted: 21:33:27 16/03/2016
And thus. It was never updated again.

*Starts laughing at myself.*
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me