Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer / Ripto's Rage > Glitch Guide For This Game Is In Construction.........
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Glitch Guide For This Game Is In Construction.........
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#51 Posted: 19:13:26 10/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay. I'll change it. Thanks for telling me that, "Spyrogon".
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#52 Posted: 16:36:58 11/04/2008
Im here, like you told me in the '' To Felines'' topic. smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#53 Posted: 17:02:24 11/04/2008 | Topic Creator
To "Felines": Cool. The only reason why I wanted you here was because this section wasn't getting much publicity from others. And I was kind of getting a little lonely having no one else new looking at my Guide and commenting about it. (Although I do enjoy hearing from you "Ross", "newt42", "Spyrogon", and anyone else who reads and/or comments on this glitch section.) I'm thinking of maybe moving this section to the Gaming forum where there's a multitude of visitiors there frequently, but I'm kind of still debating about this topic. So, for now, the guide will stay here.

To Anyone Who Is Following My Updates On The Guide Since I Started It 2 Months Ago: I am planning to update really soon. I have just finished the Autumn Plains Glitch section of the guide (which was really short, but was expected since this level is almost unglitchable), and is currently moving on into the level Crystal Glacier. Luckily, since today's Friday, I am hoping to get some serious work done on this Guide this weekend. As for when the next update will be, I'm still unsure of when it'll occur. If time allows me to finish the Crystal Glacier Glitch Section over the weekend, I will plan to post this section on here sometime on Monday. But if that doesn't happen, you can be sure that this Glitch Guide will be updated sometime between Wednesday and Friday of next week.
---
#54 Posted: 17:16:24 11/04/2008
That's cool. You really get busy when somebody mentioned glitches huh. Oh, and thanks to remind me that today is Friday. I need to get some rest from school. The bad thing is that I won't be able to chatsmilie Well, since I don't have any friends in school my resourt is the computer, but I don't want to spend my time in the computer all the time. It damaged my eyes. And I don't want to be adicted to it.
---
#55 Posted: 19:38:26 11/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yup. I really got excited and busy on this Glitch Guide ever since I first got the game for Spyro, looked up glitches online, and found that other Glitch Guide someone made for Spyro 3. The main reason why I wanted to do this Glitch Guide for this game in order to help other fellow gamers realize the number of glitches in this game and perform them all to their hearts' desire. But another reason why I do this guide is to also relieve stress and keep myself from getting agitated and/or worked up over the issue of the next Spyro game being a little under 6 Months away before being released to the public. I know this sounds weird, but it's absolutely true. And it really has helped me get through these last 2 to 3 Months or something ever since I found out about the next game coming out for the Legend Of Spyro series. That's the reasons why I am doing this Glitch Guide for this game, and why I talk frequently about this Glitch Guide, and perform and tell you about all of my Glitch finds.
---
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#56 Posted: 03:53:51 15/04/2008
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
6.) Water Effects Off 1:
Note: This glitch requires you to do the invincibility glitch in Magma Cove, explained later on in this guide.

First, do the invincibility glitch in Magma Cove. Then, go back to the Summer Forest level. You can now walk around on the small escarpments of water located throughout the level. You will not, unfortunately, be able to walk on the larger pools of water. If you happen to get stuck underneath one of these pools of water, by the way, you will unfortunately have to restart your PS1/PS2 system, since you won’t be able to pause the game and go back to the Main Menu page.

7.) Skip Moneybags 2:
Note: This glitch requires you to know the all abilities cheat in the game: Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Square.

This glitch is a piece of cake to pull off. Simply enter the cheat shown above, and avoid talking to that awful bear. You now have all of the abilities in the game (which are swimming, head-bashing, and climbing). And there you go. That wasn’t so hard to do now, was it????

8.) Negative Gem Glitch:
Note: This requires you to do the all abilities cheat shown above in the previous glitch.

Okay, this one is really simple. Simply do not collect enough gems in the game to pay Moneybags for the swimming ability. Then, walk up to Moneybags and talk to him. He’ll say stuff about not having enough gems to pay for the swimming ability, and that you need to collect 500 gems in order to get the swimming ability. After you’ve done talking to him, pause the game and enter the all abilities cheat. Now go talk to that greedy bear again. He should be explaining to you about how to swim now. But you didn’t have enough gems to pay him!!!! But anyways, after he teaches you how to swim, a little symbol will appear in the upper-right hand corner. It’s not a number at all. It’s just something that happens when you have less than zero gems in the game. If you pause the game to look at your gem count, you should see that it’s a negative number. You will always have a negative number of gems, until you’ve collected the debt you owe to Moneybags. The gem count should then go back to normal from there.

9.) Skip Moneybags 3:
Note: This glitch requires you to do the Summer Forest swimming glitch.

This one is very easy to do. First off, do the swimming in the air glitch in the level. Then go toward the area where Moneybags is. He’ll tell you to pay some needy gems just to lower the wall for you. Say “No” and simply swim over the barrier. You can now do Aquarius Towers without paying Moneybags any money. WARNING: After you have finished this level in the game and exit the level, you will be trapped forever behind the wall that Moneybags has put up for you. But don’t freak!!!! Simply save your game currently where you are, then exit to the title screen. Select your game to play, and you should end up at the very beginning of the level as Spyro. And you’ve done it!!!! You’ve avoided that no good greedy bear Moneybags yet again!!!!

10.) Battle Crush/Get To Autumn Plains Early:
Note: This requires you to do the swimming glitch for Summer Forest.

This is a pretty simple glitch that allows you to skip most of Summer Forest and go straight to the next level, Autumn Plains. Okay, first perform the swimming glitch previously stated above. Then, go toward the area where you encountered Moneybags with the wall thing. Continue forward through the far door on the right, and you should encounter Elora. If you talk to her, she’ll say that you need to collect every talisman in this section of the level to open the door. WRONG!!!! Well anyways, have Spyro swim up through the roof to the outside of the level, turn around, and charge toward the area on the other side of the door. You can now battle Crush and get to Autumn Plains early.

11.) Door Glitch:
Note: You need to have either the super-flame power-up to do this, or if you just have Spyro regular fire breath, you need to have a patient mind, and a good clean aim.

This glitch allows you to get stuck in between any of the doors in this level. One way to do this glitch (with the super-flame power-up) is to simply stand in the spot where the door shuts, and use the super-flame power-up to flame the switch. And ta da!!!! You are now stuck in between one of the doorways. Another way to do this glitch (with Spyro’s regular flame breath) is to first get as close as you can to the door switch. Keep flaming it from the spot you are at from underneath the door. Most of the time, your breath will do nothing on the switch. But if you are persistent about it, you will eventually activate the switch and get Spyro stuck underneath a door. To get unstuck from the door in either case, simply walk out of either end of the door. The door will seem intangible, and you should be able to walk right through it.

12.) The Trap Of No Return 3!!!!:
Note: This glitch requires you to do the Summer Forest swimming glitch previously stated above.

Okay, first perform the swimming glitch. Once that’s complete, swim toward the area where you had to “pay” Moneybags for the door to get to Aquarius Towers. Once there, swim to the left toward the first window you see. (This should lead you toward the area where Elora opened up Ocean Speedway for you.) Once there, turn around toward the door switch. Charge and/or Super-Flame the door switch so that the door directly to your right opens. (This should be the door previous to the one where you get the orb in.) Now, once that door is open, swim outside of the level. Now head over to the orb area and swim into it. (Make sure that the door is still closed for this room.) You are now stuck in here forever. To get out of this dilemma, you have to either re-set the console, or simply hit the “Quit Game” button and go to the title page.

I've done the Crush Glitch before!
#57 Posted: 20:06:32 15/04/2008 | Topic Creator
I know that many people have found these glitches before. I only am listing all of the glitches that I've seen on Youtube, and found myself, and put it on one big list. I didn't say that the Crush Glitch was my find at all, though, "redthedragon". For all of the glitches that I find will feature a little message underneath the "Note" part before it talks about the glitch. The message to the glitches I find should say this underneath it:

"In less anyone other than me has found this glitch before, this glitch is one that I should get credit for. If you have found this glitch before me, please give me a note and I shall immediately change the credit of the finding of this glitch to you."
---
Last edited at 20:07:16 15/04/2008 by SpyroGamer2008
#58 Posted: 15:50:42 17/04/2008
Yup. I really got excited and busy on this Glitch Guide ever since I first got the game for Spyro, looked up glitches online, and found that other Glitch Guide someone made for Spyro 3. The main reason why I wanted to do this Glitch Guide for this game in order to help other fellow gamers realize the number of glitches in this game and perform them all to their hearts' desire. But another reason why I do this guide is to also relieve stress and keep myself from getting agitated and/or worked up over the issue of the next Spyro game being a little under 6 Months away before being released to the public. I know this sounds weird, but it's absolutely true. And it really has helped me get through these last 2 to 3 Months or something ever since I found out about the next game coming out for the Legend Of Spyro series. That's the reasons why I am doing this Glitch Guide for this game, and why I talk frequently about this Glitch Guide, and perform and tell you about all of my Glitch finds.

Oh my, SpyroGamer2008, you are a really busy person.
---
#59 Posted: 16:11:43 17/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah. I can get really busy a lot of the time. But even though that is true, "Felines", I am still able to come in and check up on your guys every now and again. But, anyways, I'm really sorry to tell you guys who have been following this Glitch Guide section that I didn't get a chance to do some serious work on the Glitch Guide last weekend, or all this week. So, an update this week for the guide is sadly out of the question. I will, however, put aside some time this coming weekend and really try my hardest to finish off this Glitch Guide section I've been working on. The next update will feature all of the Autumn Plains glitches (which I was only able to find one in, unfortunately) and all of the Crystal Glacier Glitches. I am sorry that I haven't updated, and I will try to make update dates in the future for the Guide more reliable. (This is the only time I've ever not been able to update my Glitch Guide within a few days of the original date for which I was planning on updating it.) I think that explains everything. Oh, and one more thing for you Glitch Guide fans out there who have been following this. I am also simultaneously working on a mini Spyro-like story as well as working on this Guide. So if I don't update in a while, it's either because I'm really busy and have now spare time, or I've been working on the mini Spyro-like story. I will try not to let this story get in the way of my frequent Glitch Guide Updates, but if they do, I'm just saying I'm sorry ahead of time for the hussle and bussle of having to wait even longer for the Update. (Note: And if I get too destracted on my mini Spyro-like story and don't update it for a while, you can always P.M. me on this site to spend some more time on updating this guide, and I'll start planning out my time on the Guide and the mini Spyro-like story more efficiently.)
---
#60 Posted: 16:38:48 17/04/2008
Wow, what a process, I wich I can be helpful somehow, but I am not that good on glitches. But if you need my help with stories, count on me smilie I have a lot of imagination. In that part I can help you out.
---
#61 Posted: 19:59:35 17/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Cool. I'll make sure to seek help from you when the time is needed for my Spyro story.
---
#62 Posted: 15:49:40 18/04/2008
Great then, count me in then smilie
---
#63 Posted: 16:21:30 18/04/2008 | Topic Creator
O.K. Well, right now "Felines" I'm kind of temporarily putting the Spyro Story on hold for a little while. The reason why I'm doing this is to A.) Get some imput on how the story is going so far, and B.) to do some major work on the Glitch Guide this weekend. It seems like its been ages since I last updated it. But, anyways, once the Glitch Guide is done being updated, I shall put my concentration on the Spyro story again. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more of people's opinions about the story overall, and what I could do to improve. So far only HIR has commented on it, which is weird because that topic is usually full of people reading and commenting on other's ideas for stories. I wonder why all attention toward this story is unuaually quiet................But anyways, that's beside the point. I'll probably most likely need your help "Felines" in Editing the first section of the story. (When I say "probably most likely", I mean that there's a 100% chance I'll be needing help on Editing my writing.) Oh, and also, could you also ask other people on the site to help me with my writing after I get some more comments on how it is so far, "Felines"???? I'll be needing all the help I can get, and the more people involved on improving the story, the less confusing it'll end up being. And also, thanks for being such a good friend in including yourself so that you can help me out work on this Spyro story project. I couldn't have asked for a better friend like you.
---
#64 Posted: 13:35:59 21/04/2008
Oh you make me feel good that expresing that way about me smilie Now SG2008, I need to know how can I access that page that you are talking about. It is right here, or is a different Internet page??? I need to know that, so I can help you out.
---
#65 Posted: 15:00:55 21/04/2008 | Topic Creator
It's on this site, "Felines". The story-like topic is labeled under the Fandom section as "My Spyro Story".
---
#66 Posted: 15:36:11 22/04/2008
Thanks, I will go there now smilie
---
#67 Posted: 16:28:11 22/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Cool. I saw the message you did on that topic. Thanks for the nice message, "Felines". Anyways, if you're still curious on when I'm going to work on that Spyro story, or this Glitch Guide for Spyro 2, it's all in that topic on when I plan to post either project on Spyro that I'm working on.
---
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#68 Posted: 19:43:11 22/04/2008
Come on Ross, get the boring SoI bosses over with then it's easy from there...

Sorry, you just may have noticed by abscence of updates on my boss guide. Anyway, keep up the good work, SG2008!
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#69 Posted: 20:32:49 22/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I've been kind of lacking my updates myself, "Ross". I don't know why I did this, though. So I understand your dilemna as well.
---
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#70 Posted: 17:19:51 23/04/2008
Yeah, well, I managed to get the second SoI Sparx Boss done, so it's progress atleast.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
#71 Posted: 18:36:10 23/04/2008
I am going to try to help SG2008. Hope I can do my best. smilie
---
#72 Posted: 17:09:23 24/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Hey Felines!!!! I got some good news for you. I really need your help. I'm kind of struggling with what to write for the next part of my Spyro Story. I'm kind of stuck on what to write next. I, however, have this idea about a mysterious earthquake both happening in the Spyro world and the human world, but I don't know where to put this event in my story, and how it'll connect with what's occurring in the story at that time. I also think that before anything major happens in the story, I should explain the portal-like thing connected between the human world and the Spyro world where the game designers were able to insert their cameras and record what has happening, add a little game play, and then turn it into a game. I should also explain more about the connecting between the Krome Studios Producer and the Mysterious Dark Voice. I know what to do for each of these parts of the story, but I have a hard time making the story flow and have the events fit in one by one in the story. Could you please help me out????
---
#73 Posted: 18:20:28 24/04/2008
Ok, I will be glad to help you out smilie but first, I don't know what you are planning for the story, let me know some details, so I won't mess it up. Before I post something there I am going to give you ideas here, I was thinking of putting Sratch and Sniff, taking revenge on Spyro for what hapenned in The Eternal Night. What do you think???
---
#74 Posted: 19:33:20 24/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Hmm........that sounds like a good idea, "Felines". Unfortunately, I'm still kind of unsure who is going to be in the story. I know, for one, that there will be characters from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage/Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer, and there even might be some from Spyro 1: The Dragon, and Spyro 3: Year Of The Dragon. I also know that the story itself will be based off of one of the possible end scenes of Spyro 8: The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night, leading toward the end of the game. (So, I'm also planning to put some Legend Of Spyro characters in it as well.) The story from where it's at right now is most likely going to either lead to some scenes from the past (to explain how the human technology got there, and how the entire Dragon World knew about it), or some explanation by some other character (most likely from Sparx, since he was the one to actually mention the possibility of no future games for Spyro). I'm not sure how the story will progress after this transition to after the story's transition from the past/end of the character's explanation, except that I'm planning on there being some kind of strange Earthquake-like thing happening in both the Spyro World and the Human World, causing electricity problems all around the city and shutting off the power to the portal which connects to the Spyro World and the Human World to to unexpectedly shut down. At this point, I might add a little twist here and there about either a human being trapped in the Spyro World, one of the characters from Spyro to get stuck in the Human World, or a combination of the two. Then the story will transition toward a mini-adventure like thing where the characters from both worlds try to fix the portal, and, at the same time, get everyone back to their proper world.

Side Note: For the characters in which I'm including in the game, I'm actually thinking of putting some characters that Spyro incounters in every game that has been released about him so far. (Although, if I do decide to do this, I will really need some help in trying to add the new characters Spyro encounters in all portable game-play like games. Even though I own all the console versions of the Spyro games and know the characters from each different story-line on those games pretty well, I only know about the characters Spyro incounters in one portable Spyro game-which is called Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy. All of the other games that are out for the portable games of Spyro I have no knowledge of whatsoever. So, if you'd like to include some characters from any portable game of Spyro, please feel free to do so.
---
#75 Posted: 13:58:56 29/04/2008
Well, I am trying to help as much as possible, sorry if I show up now, yesterday and Friday I didn't have school, and remember that I don't have a computer. Well, I still thinking about Scratch and Sniff, because I am not so sure if they are going to appear in the third game.
---
#76 Posted: 17:02:25 29/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay. Well, so far my free time is kind of split between working on the Guide and the story. I was able to luckily finish one level's worth of Glitches (Autumn Plains) and got about 2-3 more glitches finished and edited for Crystal Glacier. I also got a little bit of work done on the story, although it's really not that much. So far I'm at the part where Ignitius is explaining to Cynder (since she didn't know any of this sense she was in control of the Dark Master) about the connection between the Human World and the Dragon Realm. It's kind of a little hard to have Ignitius to explain something using his tone of voice (since I'm usually used to writing in my tone of voice), but I'm getting a little better at it. If you'd like to see what I have so far, I could always PM you what I got.
---
#77 Posted: 17:07:15 29/04/2008
OK then, send me a PM everytime you come up with ideas. And I don't think it's hard to try imiting Ignitus voice instead of yours. Is not that hard. If only I could help you a lot, but I am only able to chat from school little time.
---
#78 Posted: 15:57:29 30/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay, so even though this isn't much, I hope you guys enjoy it. I was planning to post this level when I finished the Crystal Glacier section, but seeing as it's taking me really long to even do that, I've finally decided that enough is enough and that it's time for another update. I hope you guys enjoy it. It's not much, but I've been thinking that I've been keeping you guys waiting long enough. Okay, this section of the guide features 2 Glitches in Autumn Plains. I've been meaning to say this for a while and here it goes: "It's time for the Glitch Guide Update".

Autumn Plains Glitches:
65.) The Trap Of No Return 11!:
Note: This glitch requires you to do the invincibility glitch in Magma Cone, explained later on in this guide.
In less anyone other than me has found this glitch before, this glitch is one that I should get credit for. If you have found this glitch before me, please give me a note and I shall immediately change the credit of the finding of this glitch to you.

This little oddity-type glitch will allow you to get stuck underneath the first (and only) pool of water that you encountered when you first entered this level. Okay, first perform the Magma Cone invincibility glitch, explained later on in the guide. Now, immediately have Spyro make his way back toward the beginning area of the level. Once here, make your way toward the small pool of water in the level, and immediately jump down. If done right, Spyro should immediately fall like through the surface of the water as if it’s not there, and land underneath the little flat platform-like area directly underneath the water level. You are now stuck (yet again) and cannot leave this area. To undo the glitch, you will have to, unfortunately, re-set your PS1/PS2 Console (since it is impossible to pause the game when you’ve triggered the invincibility glitch).

66.) Negative Gem Glitch 2:
Note: This glitch requires the all abilities cheat (stated in glitch #7), the Summer Forest Swimming Glitch (stated in glitch #3), and the Battle Crush/Get To Autumn Plains Early Glitch (stated in glitch #10).
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMj3KnqVGA

This is a glitch that allows you to have a negative amount of gems collected in Autumn Plains. Now a thing to remember when performing this glitch is to have NOT have skipped/avoided paying Moneybags in Summer Forest (which means that you’ll have to pay him for the swimming ability), and to NOT have collected over 500 gems in this game. Okay, to perform this glitch, the first thing you need to do is to perform the swimming glitch in the Summer Forest Home-World (glitch #3). Next, you’ll need to perform the Battle Crush/Get To Autumn Plains Glitch (glitch #10). Now, after you’ve beaten Crush and are now in Autumn Plains, immediately head over toward Moneybags right next to a huge ladder. Once there, Moneybags should tell you that, once again, you don’t have enough gems to obtain this new ability, and you’ll need to pay him 500 gems once you’ve got this money. Simply ignore this statement that this greedy-bear’s making, exit talking to him, pause the game, and simply enter Spyro’s all abilities cheat.
Now talk to Moneybags again. He should now offer you the climbing ability, even though, yet again, you didn’t have enough money to pay him. But anyways, simply select “Yes” after Moneybags has offered it to you, “paying” off for the climbing ability. Now, simply save the game, and then quit it back to the title screen. Once there, select the game you just were playing.
Once you reenter the game, there now should be a little symbol in the top left corner of the screen (like in the previous negative gem glitch stated in glitch #8) should then appear in the top right corner of the screen. This symbol will continue to appear in the top right-hand corner as you collect gems until your gem count goes above zero, thus undoing this glitch.

67) Weird Home World Portal Glitch:
Note: This requires you to have used the “Battle Crush/Get To Autumn Plains Early” Glitch (#10), and to collect the talismans in a certain order.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GMzeOBZAik

This is a strange glitch that occurs when you use the previous glitch stated above. Now, before you perform this glitch, it is very important that you DO NOT collect all of the talismans in Summer Forest. Okay, now for the glitch. Simply do the “Battle Crush/Get To Autumn Plains Early” glitch (#10). Now, after you have battled Crush and have arrived in Autumn Plains, obtain all of the Autumn Plains worlds’ talismans. After that is done, go back to Summer Forest and obtain the rest of the talismans you purposely left behind. Finally, simply make your way back to Autumn Plains (using the portal), and you’ll be teleported to Elora. (This occurs because you have obtained all of the talismans and can now access Gulp.) But here’s the catch. Instead of standing right in front of Elora like you are supposed to while she explains the Ripto and Gulp situation, Spyro will simply glide through the floor and either die or go back to a previous area of Autumn Plains (depending on what you do). To undo this glitch, either walk to Elora using the normal path, or go into an Autumn Plains level (with a talisman), and exit it.

68.) Skip Moneybags 5!:
Note: This requires you to have either performed the “Skip Moneybags 2” glitch (#7) or to enter the all abilities cheat, which is Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Square.

This is a glitch that will allow you to bypass paying that greedy bear for learning how to climb. Now, to perform the glitch, there are two different ways. The first way to perform this glitch is to simply do the “Skip Moneybags 2” Glitch (#7) and complete the game to the point where you are allowed to go to Autumn Plains. Once here, Moneybags will not show up at his usual spot by the ladder (since you already know how to climb), and thus, you’ve skipped him yet again. The second way to perform this glitch is to enter the All Abilities Cheat in so Spyro can learn how to climb without the requirement of paying Moneybags.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 00:53:34 24/12/2010 by SpyroGamer2008
#79 Posted: 11:51:39 01/05/2008
Gounds interesting, but remember that I told you that I can help you with the stories, not the glitches. But it was cool anyway smilie Thanks for telling me smilie
---
#80 Posted: 23:48:59 01/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Your welcome "Felines".
---
#81 Posted: 12:01:00 02/05/2008
So, I notice that no one is posting in the "Spyro Story" Let me see if I have enought time to post a story. I have little time you know.
---
#82 Posted: 01:21:19 15/09/2008 | Topic Creator
Sorry about not posting recently. The Glitch Guide had been put on hold over the summer due to laziness, and lack of necessary supplies (a.k.a., my laptop). After I got it back, I began to work on the Crystal Glacier Glitches again, but was this time distracted by my homework load. But don't worry. I'll try and squeeze in some spare time to work on it. At the latest, the update will be sometime during the course of the next two weeks. So stay tuned.

Side Note: Also, if any of you would like to look at the Glitch Guide beforehand and see how it is, just P.M. me a message, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can with the completed sections on the guide. So stay tuned...
---
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#83 Posted: 13:35:23 16/09/2008
AWESOME guide SpyroGame2008!
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
#84 Posted: 01:08:30 25/09/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Cynder28. It took me a while to make, and I thought most people wouldn't like it. It started as a random idea, and I guess got to the point where everyone liked it and wanted to continue. Anyways, since I know you guys who read this guide are probably all dying for the Glitch Guide, I'll post right now Part 1 of the Crystal Glacier Glitches for all of you. Part 1 of this guide took me a while to do because the glitches I was describing kind of got a little dull doing it over and over. But, at last, those glitches are complete. This part of the Guide features all of the talking glitches that are in the level. Enjoy! (Note: Part 2, coming soon!)

Crystal Glacier Glitches:
69.) Weird Talking Glitch 1:
Note: Requires Spyro’s Super-Flame ability.

This is a little mini bug-type “glitch” that happens when you talk to the guys in the first area of the level. Okay, first enter the level Crystal Glacier. Now, once you get here, a thing to remember here is to NOT flame any of the guys in this area yet! Instead, make your way toward the little bone-like catapult directly ahead of you when you enter the level. Now, once you are here, position Spyro so that he is directly behind the bone-like catapult facing the first two guys in the level. Now, to trigger the glitch, simply jump and activate Spyro’s Super-Flame ability to hit one of the guys frozen in ice directly in front of you. If done right, the guy should trigger the un-freeing sequence (by shaking himself), and start talking to Spyro about the current dire situation that’s taking place in the level. But, while one of the guys tells Spyro all of this, Spyro should appear to start trying to walk toward the dude from behind the bone-like catapult, but only end up walking in place. Since it’s impossible to move Spyro around while talking to someone, Spyro will continue to do this action until you hit the X-Button to exit the conversation with the guy you’ve been talking to, thus undoing the glitch.

70.) Weird Talking Glitch 2:
Note: Requires Spyro’s Super-Flame ability, and part of the previous glitch stated above (glitch #69).

This is another mini bug-type “glitch” that happens when you talk to the guys in the first area of the level. Okay, first, go into the level Crystal Glacier. Now, from here, flame the first two guys you encounter at the start of the level to free them from their icy prison. (Note: These should be the guys located right next to the flagpole directly on the right-hand side of the bone-like catapult.) Now an important piece of information to remember here is to NOT flame the dude whose temporarily frozen in ice
Once that is done, immediately have Spyro head over toward the bone-like catapult thing that you see directly in front of you (like in the previous glitch). Now, instead of having Spyro face the first two guys in the level located directly to the right of the flagpole (like you did in the previous glitch), simply jump over toward the other side of the catapult, and position Spyro so that he is facing the last dude frozen that is located directly to the left of the bone-like catapult.
Now, to trigger the glitch, simply jump and activate Spyro’s Super-Flame ability to hit this guy in the corner. If done right, the guy should trigger the un-freeing sequence (by shaking himself), and start telling you about how the catapult can be used to help Spyro across the enormous chasm, and that they can help you across it. But, while this guy is telling Spyro all of this, Spyro should yet again appear to start trying to walk toward the dude from behind the bone-like catapult, but only end up walking in place (just like in the previous glitch). Like in the previous glitch, you will be unable to move Spyro while this is happening (since, like I said above, it’s impossible to move Spyro when you are talking to someone). To undo the glitch, simply hit the X-Button (like in the previous glitch) to exit the conversation. Spyro should then go back to his normal game controls again.

71.) No Need For The Bone-Like Catapult:
Note: This requires Spyro’s Double-Jump ability.
In less anyone other than me has found this glitch before, this glitch is one that I should get credit for. If you have found this glitch before me, please give me a note and I shall immediately change the credit of the finding of this glitch to you.

This is more of a technique that you can do (instead of a glitch) when you are at the beginning of this level. Okay, first go into the level Crystal Glacier. Now, an important thing to keep in mind once you’ve entered this level is to NOT free all three of the guys who are frozen at the beginning of the level. Now, once in this level, immediately move Spyro toward the bone-like catapult directly in front of you, and jump up on top of it. Then, immediately make your way toward the top-most point on the catapult. From here, you should be able to see a low platform-like area immediately to your right. This area that you see is the area in which you are going to jump to when doing this “glitch”. Now, edge Spyro as close as you can on top of this bone-like catapult (without falling off), then activate Spyro’s Double Jump cheat to glide toward this ledge, then hover when you are close to this platform-like area. If done right, you should have landed on the other side of the chasm without dying, and without using the bone-like catapult.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:09:31 24/04/2010 by SpyroGamer2008
#85 Posted: 01:08:50 25/09/2008 | Topic Creator
72.) Weird Talking Glitch 3/“Talking From Afar” Glitch:
Note: This glitch requires Spyro’s Super-Flame ability, and the technique (“glitch”) used above (stated in glitch #71).

This is yet another talking glitch that occurs when you are on the other side of the chasm. Okay, first perform the previous “glitch” (technique) up to the point where you have gotten across the chasm without using the bone-like catapult. Okay, now once you are across the chasm, immediately move Spyro to the left while staying close to the edge. Now, after a little while of walking, the land around you should begin to gradually slope up. Position Spyro so that he is on top of this “slope-like” area. Then, once you’ve done this, immediately turn around (in the direction of the area from which you first entered this level). Edge Spyro as close as he can to the edge of this “cliff-like” face, without falling off, and then activate Spyro’s Super-Flame ability so you can flame one of the other dudes on the other side.
If the glitch was done right, the guy on the other side of the chasm will trigger the “unfreezing” sequence and then start talking to you. But while the guy is explaining to you about the situation in the level or about the use of the bone-like catapult, Spyro will appear to be walking in place (as if an invisible wall is in his way or something). To undo this “glitch”/“bug”, simply exit the conversation by hitting the X-Button. Spyro should then stop walking in place, and you’ll be able to use all of Spyro’s abilities again.

73.) Weird Talking Glitch 4:
Note: This glitch requires Spyro’s Super-Flame ability.

This is, yet again, another talking glitch that occurs in this level. First, make your way over past the bone-like catapult toward the area with the four frozen guys. Okay, for this glitch to work, do NOT flame the dude on the other side of the taller-bone like structure. (This is the structure that is closest to the wall with the hole that will lead you to the next area.) Okay, now first kill all of the snowball-like Gnorcs. Now, after this, make a quick sweep of freeing the 3 other guys that are frozen solid in this area. Now, once that is done, immediately head toward the guy who was frozen by the bone-like structure. Now, position yourself below the step, aim Spyro so that he’s looking at the dude from the distance, then jump and use the Super-Flame power-up. If done right, the guy should start talking to you about being able to help you get over the huge wall overhead, but all the while Spyro will yet again be stuck walking in place (due to the step in the way) trying to get to the guy. To exit the glitch, simply hit the X-Button, exiting the conversation with the guy, and undoing the glitch.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:10:31 24/04/2010 by SpyroGamer2008
#86 Posted: 04:27:31 04/12/2008 | Topic Creator
Sorry for no updates guys. School work has been just piling up and all of my spare time is always drained. But with the holiday break coming up for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. I think I'll be able to work on more of the guide. Thank you guys for being so patient with me.
---
chosen4566 Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#87 Posted: 02:50:48 13/12/2008
glitch 22 i knew already the guy says "i think you should KILL that yeti" but the caption said "TORCH"
chosen4566 Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#88 Posted: 19:20:22 22/12/2008
spyrogamer2008 how do you do the double jump cheat??? is it X X Triangle like how hunter did it in Summer forest (with out the pause menu) or is it a cheat code you do in the pause menu?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:36 22/12/2008 by chosen4566
#89 Posted: 04:49:39 06/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: chosen4566
spyrogamer2008 how do you do the double jump cheat??? is it X X Triangle like how hunter did it in Summer forest (with out the pause menu) or is it a cheat code you do in the pause menu?

Sorry for taking so long to answer this question, chosen4566. It took me a while to get the whole internet connection problem over and done with. But that's beside the point. The Double-Jump Cheat is more of a move you use to allow Spyro to get to new heights. It's not like the X, X, Triangle move Hunter shows you. To perform the Double-Jump Cheat, simply allow Spyro to jump upward, then immediately afterward (while Spyro is still in the air), press the X-Button and Square Button at the same time while holding the back button on the D-Pad/Analog Stick. It may take practice, but if done correctly, you should be able to literally Double Jump up higher to different platforms. However, this move can only be done in this game. They disabled it (most likely) from it showing up on Youtube or something, or correcting the bug manually. If you still have any problems, you can contact me on this page.
---
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#90 Posted: 11:47:48 08/04/2009
hi spyrogamer do you know why crush and felines havent been in ages? also sweet guid id love to avoyed mony bags
#91 Posted: 22:28:00 30/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Don't know, DARK CINDER. I haven't been on as frequently due to homework and stuff. *Groans* But that's beside the point. No, I haven't seen them around the site for a while. And also, thanks for the comment on my glitch guide. I'm still working on it, though, but I haven't updated lately. But guess what? *Gasps* I'm finally gonna' update this thing today! It's some more of the Crystal Glacier glitch level, and I'm not entirely done with it yet, but here's another section of the guide ready to be published.

Side Note: Sorry, it's only one glitch for the update this time. Like I said, I've been busy and stuff. But don't worry. I got all of the rest of the glitches written for this level on a Word document on my computer. All I have to do is finish revising them, then I'll publish them. And, after I'm done with Crystal Glacier, who knows? Maybe I'll do Breeze Harbor next. Or Skelos Badlands. Or maybe even Zephyr. But you'll just have to wait and see.

Crystal Glacier Glitches (cont.) Part 2
74.) Skip Moneybags 6!:
Note: Requires the Double-Jump Technique.

This is more of a technique you can use than a ‘glitch’ in which will allow you as the player to freely skip that greedy gem-stealing bear and allow you to keep your gems. Okay, to perform this glitch, make your way through the level normally until you get to the area with the helpful natives to help you climb the wall. (This is also where you encounter Zoe in the level for the very first time) Once there, move Spyro toward the tunnel’s bone-like structure directly across the small chasm and to your right. From here, position Spyro directly parallel with the wall, and Double-Jump up onto the small ledge (on the left or right side of the tunnel) on the wall closest to the hut in front of you. Next, edge yourself as close to the hut in front of you as you can while still standing on the small ledge, then Double-Jump, glide, and then hover right near the edge of the hut. (Make sure to avoid the beam directly in front of you or you won’t be able to get enough altitude to achieve the move.) If done right, Spyro should be able to now freely stand on top of this hut, directly above Moneybags. Now, for the final step, position Spyro so that he is facing the entrance of the bridge that Moneybags would’ve allowed passage for you if you paid him, and Double-Jump, glide, and hover toward the passageway at the opposite end of the area. If done right, you should now be standing in the spot where you encounter Zoe’s 2nd save spot in the level (excluding challenges for orbs and talismans), and should’ve now successfully skipped Moneybags.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:11:22 24/04/2010 by SpyroGamer2008
#92 Posted: 20:10:26 25/08/2009 | Topic Creator
Hey guys! I'm back! And guess what? That means that I'll have more time to spend on this guide! This year, I'm determined to have little procrastination. I'm going to set my goal to finish this guide for at least all of Autumn Plains home worlds. It will take some time, but I'll get to work on it immediately during my spare time. Wish me luck!
---
Sheep Gold Sparx Gems: 2009
#93 Posted: 06:11:50 01/09/2009
There's a proxy jump glitch in Crystal Glacier too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...re=channel_page

Well done glitch guidesmilie
---
Baaah
My videos
#94 Posted: 01:33:39 02/09/2009
Hey guys! I'm back! And guess what? That means that I'll have more time to spend on this guide! This year, I'm determined to have little procrastination. I'm going to set my goal to finish this guide for at least all of Autumn Plains home worlds. It will take some time, but I'll get to work on it immediately during my spare time. Wish me luck!

Glitch Guy is BACK smilie And good luck smilie
---
#95 Posted: 03:48:33 11/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sheep
There's a proxy jump glitch in Crystal Glacier too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...re=channel_page

Well done glitch guidesmilie

Thank you. And thanks for the link for that, too sheep. I'll make sure to include that into the guide.

To Felines: Yes, I'm back, and I'm ready to continue this. So far I'm almost done with Crystal Glacier. (*Notes that it took a long time to get this far for just one level*) I'll try and not do this again.
---
#96 Posted: 04:09:19 11/09/2009 | Topic Creator
To celebrate Spyro's 11th Anniversary in the U.S., I've decided to post the 3 glitches I've completed for Crystal Glacier. There should be just one or two more to write for this level, and then it'll be off to a new level. (Either Zephyr, Skelos Badlands, or Breeze Harbor.) Hope you enjoy!

Crystal Glacier Glitches (pt. 3)
75.) Collecting A Talisman Without Completing The Mission:
Note: Requires the Double-Jump Technique. Also requires you to not have freed all three of the natives.

Okay, this is a glitch/technique that will allow you to “free” Shaman Tuk and collect the Ice Crystal Talisman without actually freeing him. To perform this, first make your way through the level (if you haven’t already) to the point where you encounter Zoe for the 2nd time in the level. (This should be the area right after Moneybags.) From here, make your way to the right-hand area toward the building where the Shaman is. (This is where you cross the bridge over the acid river.) Next, make your way past the enemies (if they’re still there) until you reach the ramp with the snowball on top of it. Head to the top of it, and Double Jump over the snowball to get to the other side. Once here, position Spyro as close to the edge as you can (without falling off) toward the wall ahead of you, then Double-Jump, glide, and hover toward the slanted segment in the wall. If done right, you should have been able to land literally onto a flat section of the wall. Now, turn around and position Spyro so that he is facing the direction of the snow-covered building. (This should be the building that Shaman Tuk is in.)
Double-Jump, glide, and hover (if need be) to land on top. Once you are there, immediately walk toward the “wall” in front of you. Depending on the spot, you should be able to walk right through the wall and immediately fall inside of the building. (There’s one particular section of wall on the far right side of the roof that, for some strange reason, is solid. The rest of it, however, is able to pass through.) Once inside, head toward Shaman Tuk. He should then immediately start saying about how his people shouldn’t have dropped that snowball on his head. (The game, apparently, was programmed this way so that Shaman Tuk is required to say this because you were supposed to free him with the snowball.) After his little “hallucinating” speech about snowballs hitting his head, he should then give you the talisman for the level, and the portal should come up. You can now leave the level if you please.

76.) Bone-Gate Glitch:
Note: Requires the previous glitch (#75).

Okay, first perform the previous glitch up to the point where you are inside of the building with Shaman Tuk. Okay, now this is a glitch/“bug” that the game designers neglected to find. Now, once inside of the building, it appears as if you are forced to exit the level through the portal. But if you actually walk back toward the entrance of the building where the bone-gate is, you can simply walk through it and exit the building. However, once you’ve left this area, you cannot return inside of this building due to the gate being up. (The gamers only reinforced the outside of the wall as a precaution to prevent Spyro from easily getting in here without doing the challenge.)

77.) I’m King Of The World 1!:
Note: Requires glitch #75, and the Double-Jump technique.

Okay, first, follow glitch number 75 up to the point where you are on top of the building Shaman Tuk is in. Okay, from here, make your way to the other side of the roof without falling off. You should now be able to see a snow-covered wall-like platform. From here, edge Spyro between the two spear-like things (the sidings of the roof) without falling off, then Double Jump and glide toward the snow-covered wall-like platform. You should be able to make the jump. Now you are on top of the entire level, and can get anywhere in the world on your own free will.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:12:51 24/04/2010 by SpyroGamer2008
undertow25 Green Sparx Gems: 324
#97 Posted: 19:07:40 11/09/2009
I never knew there were so many glitches in G2G LOL. This is a great guide, good job.
#98 Posted: 20:27:55 11/09/2009
Yeah, I think Spyro 2 creators took more time to make glitches than to make the story smilie
---
#99 Posted: 19:16:47 13/09/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, given the fact that this is SUCH an old game, I'd assume that their techniques in making this game are a whole lot different than the way they make them now. But yeah, I understand, Felines. The glitches just seem to keep on coming and coming with no end in sight!

Oh, and thank you, "undertow25" for commenting on it. And a belated welcome to DarkSpyro by the way.

Oh, and on a side note, Felines finally has 1000 gems exactly to become a Yellow Sparx. Great job, Felines! (I still have a ways to go before that day comes. Only 240 gems to go!)
---
#100 Posted: 19:40:09 13/09/2009
What I think is that maybe the creators added a lot of glitches so people could find it more interesting and at the same time, with a lot of time since the first appereance of this game people could still play it even in these timessmilie

Now that you are back you may have more time to become Yellow Sparx. Also you will see that the site changed a little bit.
---
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me