darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > My epic tale of Spyro speed running.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
My epic tale of Spyro speed running. [CLOSED]
Tibs Yellow Sparx Gems: 1183
#51 Posted: 17:20:53 02/07/2010
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: ClassicSpyroFan
A lot of the challenges are harder in this game true, but I find a majority of them to have a very minor difficulty.

Also, I remembered reading in a thread somewhere, that the tank mission in Haunted Tombs was extremely annoying. I found it easy if your patient about lining up your shots.

I don't mind that challenge, it's interesting, it took me between 4 or 5 attempts to pass that one.

Same here. I remember when I did it the 5th time or so I had 0 lives left. It was live or die! I did not live, I triumphed.
---
I love you Brittany! ^.=.^
ClassicSpyroFan Green Sparx Gems: 458
#52 Posted: 18:05:35 02/07/2010 | Topic Creator
bionicle2809, I have known about the SpyroSpeedRuns channel on youtube for quite some time now and have wanted to join but I cannot. I have a PS1 emulator, as well as the first 3 spyro games, Camtasia Studio to record, and a Skype account, but the problem that completely blocks me off is the fact that my sound card is fried. It is necessary to be able to hear your opponents when it comes to speed run races so until I either get a computer with working sound or get my sound card replaced I cannot race anyone.

SuperSpyroFan, Well at least I'm not the only one. I usually like to just rush into the middle of everything and take them out instead of the safe "hide behind the fire pots" strategy I first used when I played the game.

Tibs, What a glorious moment that must have been, daring the game and winning. Too bad one of my older speed runs couldn't have ended like that. In a speed run, you're forced to ignore extra lives to save time, but I was having terrible luck on this particular day. I remember getting all the way up to Gnasty Gnorc with 0 lives left, and just as the chase over the lava pit began, my wireless controller died and I fell into the lava. Such a crushing defeat on that run and I was able to collect all the gems and hit Gnasty Gnorc on the first pass around where you chase him too.
=(
---
I use Arthur in MVC3, mad?
Send forth the hoards, Sir Arthur shall slay them.
Spyro 1 120% speed running record- 1 hour 58 minutes 2 seconds.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#53 Posted: 18:57:13 02/07/2010
Oh, I see... Well, I hope you get that fixed some day...
#54 Posted: 19:01:41 02/07/2010 | Topic Creator
I want it to be fixed before the Spyro the Dragon marathon crashpro is having. >.<

If I could join before that day, then he would have a chance to see what would be an ideal route for him to use for the marathon.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#55 Posted: 22:09:40 02/07/2010
@ ClassicSpyroFan: That is the strategy I used the first time I attempted the challenge, lol, I wasn't going to be a dumbass and just go out into the middle of it all, that would be crazy.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#56 Posted: 22:20:47 02/07/2010 | Topic Creator
I like trying to go all Rambo about things and just run straight into the fight, as long as you keep moving around it makes it hard for the Rhynocs to hit you. =D
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me