Forum

Spyro: Shadow Legacy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Have you guys realized this [CLOSED]
Golden dragon Green Sparx Gems: 108
#1 Posted: 17:43:47 23/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I know this might sound dumb but this game spyro has a health bar. All sites say that The legend of Spyro A New Beginning started The whole health bar idea. Is that weird?
---
Golden legends neva die
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2 Posted: 19:38:25 23/06/2010
No not really, probably the developers who made A New Beginning being big headed about it, because they think they're the ones who thought of it...Pfft, whatever.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#3 Posted: 23:09:06 23/06/2010 | Topic Creator
I hate The Legend Of Spyro series anyways becuase I don`t like the new way they rebooted the smilie series. I like classic smilie series better.
---
Golden legends neva die
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 09:17:33 24/06/2010
Probably meant canon ones....
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#5 Posted: 09:36:12 24/06/2010
Quote: Golden dragon
I hate The Legend Of Spyro series anyways becuase I don`t like the new way they rebooted the smilie series. I like classic smilie series better.

I totally agree with you. Spyro isn't supposed to be dark and gloomy like what LoS is. I feel that the developers only care about making money rather than what the players want.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 16:15:12 24/06/2010
I don't mind the health bar. Sure, I liked how Sparx served as a guardian to Spyro to protect him back in the days the Old Spyro was still, but a dragon can have a separate health bar too.

I have a feeling that a silly debate over which Spyro is better will start. Let's just get back on topic and talk about Spyro's health bar, and not get into more old and new spyro disagreements.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:29:16 24/06/2010 by Aura24
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#7 Posted: 18:02:19 24/06/2010
Shadow Legacy was kind of the 'start' of going into Legend, like attempting to make it darker and all, but I presume that when the game flopped, they decided to reboot the series to use up all their ideas.

Back on topic, probably like SuperSpyroFan said. There's quite a few things in TLOS which were present in the originals and this game but people have forgotten them.

Sparx was a more imaginitive way to use a health bar.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#8 Posted: 02:13:23 25/06/2010 | Topic Creator
The with thing Tlos Is that there is no connection with the origanal series. I say this game was a prototype for the legends due melee attacks, a health bar, plus a mana bar, and sparx having no use what so ever. I like sparx being your health becuase you are guaneteed to get three hits before death. But with a health bar you don't know how many hits you can take.

I agree with Spyroo with the sparx being more imaginitive than a health bar. A health bar is way to common. A dragonfly for your health is probably the coolest idea for health. Does A Hero's tail have a health Bar?
---
Golden legends neva die
#9 Posted: 07:13:27 25/06/2010
Nope, A Hero's Tail still uses Sparx as health, you can actually buy an extra health point from Moneybag's shop, so Sparx can take at least four hits before dying:

First colour - Yellow
Second colour - Blue
Third - Green
Fourth - Red

And yes, Moneybags has shops that you can visit in the game so it's sort of like Ratchet & Clank. Instead of Moneybags just randomly appearing in the levels.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 08:20:24 25/06/2010
Buying butterflies is just like a feature from an RPG of buying items.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 18:01:39 25/06/2010 | Topic Creator
Remeber, i have played shadow legacy so i know that moneybags has his own shops. A spyro game that is like ratchet and clank would be freakin awesome, but with sparx being your health. I think insomnaic (which is my favorite game making company) could have went the direction of Tlos if they waited till the PS2 came out.
---
Golden legends neva die
#12 Posted: 20:33:01 25/06/2010
Quote: Golden dragon
Remeber, i have played shadow legacy so i know that moneybags has his own shops. A spyro game that is like ratchet and clank would be freakin awesome, but with sparx being your health. I think insomnaic (which is my favorite game making company) could have went the direction of Tlos if they waited till the PS2 came out.

No, I meant, moneybag's shop is like Ratchet & Clank because you get shops in that game too.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me