darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > Legend of Spyro Series: Sequel, Prequel or Reboot?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Legend of Spyro Series: Sequel, Prequel or Reboot? [CLOSED]
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#1 Posted: 13:04:54 13/11/2007 | Topic Creator
What do you think it is? I believe it is a prequel to the original series, likely created to give the original series more options to continue. I don't acknowledge ETD, or any of the GBA games as part of the series, I consider them lame spinoffs using similiar characters.

Enough of my thoughts now for yours, state your opinion and try to give evidence (may include personal perceptions) to back it up.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
hunter Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#2 Posted: 20:24:03 13/11/2007
Well it is a reboot and I thought talking sparks would be a big clue.
Komodo Blue Sparx Gems: 758
#3 Posted: 22:43:19 13/11/2007
IT. IS. NOT. A. PREQUEL. Krome has stated this time and time again. Krome would mess up the series big time if they blended the two Spyros into one. They clearly state it here: http://www.slicedgaming.com/features/feature154.html
---
I traded my soul for a muffin, and you know what? It was delicious.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#4 Posted: 22:48:07 13/11/2007
reboot. plain and simple.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 01:34:08 14/11/2007
It's been stated NUMEROUS times that this game is a REBOOT. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Spyro_rules Emerald Sparx Gems: 3213
#6 Posted: 01:36:12 14/11/2007
DON'T HAVE THE GAME!!!!!!!!!! YET.....
#7 Posted: 06:26:27 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Okay, Okay, I just wanted to see what you guys thought, Jeez.
---
#8 Posted: 06:52:41 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Hey check out thius quote from an IGN AU interview with Don Meadows, the Producer on Spyro:

"It's something that for us is both a huge nod to where we've come from; what types of game we ourselves played growing up and what type of things really resonated with us in those games as awesome. This one hopefully is a card we can play that shows how into games the people at Krome are and how passionate about making them. There are also some really big bits of fan-service in this game, and one in particular that should once and for all show that 'reboot' was never a phrase we used, we only ever said it was 'A New Beginning'."

Source: ttp://au.wii.ign.com/articles/825/825767p2.html

If this link doesn't work, the link I used is on the Dark Spyro home page.
---
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#9 Posted: 13:23:22 14/11/2007
it is a prequel
how can i say that?
simply enough, STD wasnt the beginning of everything, they didnt mean how did spyro born, just that in there he was the same purple dragon of LOS series but a bit grown and with a different personality, spyro2 had his personality changed too, even made for the same company
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#10 Posted: 16:49:43 14/11/2007
IT IS A REBOOT.

It was stated officially and Krome coming back on its word would be mighty dumb for there are many elements of the new serie incompatible with the new one.

Besides, the idea of having the new, sympathic Spyro grow into that arrogant, selfish Spyro from the old games and having Sparx become near-mute and growing self-confidence issues isn't... err... too good of an idea to me. Oh and, most probably, this means that Hunter will lose brain cells and that Spyro will have an amnesia case.

Oh and what about Cynder? The Guardians? Then, what about the old serie elements? His old origin? All that?

It just can't work due to how it has been developed. I don't see it working unless a couple of plot twists are used... plot twists that certainly won't happen in my opinion.

The most probable point is that they will eventually remake the storylines of the old ones but I wouldn't have any hopes ; copyrights are wonky on this serie considering the number of developers that worked on it and the vast amount of consoles.

And even if we do see a Legend of Spyro version of the original trilogy, I wouldn't keep my hopes up, if I was an old-school Spyro "fan" (read: that thinks everything beyond the three first games is horrible) ; the games will be reworked probably beyond the point of non-recognition.

Well, that was my opinion.
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#11 Posted: 18:37:06 14/11/2007
REBOOT

it had been sayed here for many times smilie
But still, I really like that
Hunter appeares in TLOS 3
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#12 Posted: 20:51:02 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
I can think of several ways to bridge the TLoS series to the original series some lame, some good (in my oppinion); all you need is an open mind and try to think outside the box. Besides I love massive plot twists, as long as they make sense.
---
#13 Posted: 21:55:01 14/11/2007
yes, but i'm geussin that krome has already have the story planned out, and i really don't think it involves pre-TLOS plotlines.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#14 Posted: 22:00:46 14/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Well, we'll find out won't we.

"I'll paint it on the walls
'Cause I'm the one at fault
I'll never fight again
And this is how it ends"

Quote tells some of my thoughts.
Think about it.
---
#15 Posted: 22:14:13 14/11/2007
i didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just postin my comment
---
#16 Posted: 01:33:19 15/11/2007
Can we stop hypothetically speaking about it being a prequel? <.<;
---
#17 Posted: 01:54:53 15/11/2007
yeah not to be rude, but they would have to screw up the plot line for TLOS to make it a prequel
---
#18 Posted: 11:18:12 15/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Umm, SxC, Hurt feelings was not what I meant at all, I only quote when I feel it has relevance to Spyro stuff. Anyway they wouldn't have to screw up the plot lines, try some beta thinking (deep, lateral thought) less of the shallow alpha (thank you neurology (Brain studies) booklet).
By the way, have any of you read the interview on the link (all of it). *hopes he doesn't sound condescending*
---
#19 Posted: 11:40:07 15/11/2007
OMG!!!! he said that whos spyros father was was the key arc in the story!!!
I know who it is! i know who it is! Also, he mentioned something about the ppl on the Spyro forums talking about Spyro and Cynder, it almost sounded like a hint or something that they like each other!!!!
---
#20 Posted: 12:17:10 15/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Hey, SxC, who do you think his father is then and did you read the bit about him saying that Krome didn't say that TLoS is a reboot?
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#21 Posted: 12:19:25 15/11/2007
While they say that it isn't a reboot, what they to mean by reboot and what everyone else means by reboot appear to be two different things.

For them it looks like it means going back to the start of the story and going over the same thing again.

For everyone else it means dumping the old story and starting over completely from scratch.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#22 Posted: 05:11:37 17/11/2007 | Topic Creator
Agreed D-52.
---
Last edited at 06:49:47 17/11/2007 by Twilight
#23 Posted: 03:12:23 03/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Okay, found it finally, the topic that is.
Anyways I'm still stead fast on my belief that TLoS is just taking us back to where it all started, hopefully to explain an upcoming addition to the OS. My first and and possibly weakest explaination for why Hunter can be in the OS and TLoS and still be bridged is that he's pretending to not know what a dragon is in OS, maybe to maintain a cover of some sort. I have more but I start with a stupid one to get the great debate going.
---
Last edited at 03:18:58 03/12/2007 by Twilight
#24 Posted: 03:21:51 03/12/2007
That sounds possible, but not plausible. I'm sure Spyro would recongnize him anyways. Besides, don't you think Krome would have tried to at least make the characters like their original selves?
---
#25 Posted: 03:25:22 03/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I never thought it was very likely.
---
#26 Posted: 03:27:42 03/12/2007
What didn't you think was likely?
---
V Green Sparx Gems: 124
#27 Posted: 04:16:03 03/12/2007
Quote: dark52
While they say that it isn't a reboot, what they to mean by reboot and what everyone else means by reboot appear to be two different things.

For them it looks like it means going back to the start of the story and going over the same thing again.

For everyone else it means dumping the old story and starting over completely from scratch.

If it's just going over the start of the story again, then this is the mother of retcons. What difference to a reboot does that have?
---
This is a forum. Not a stupid chatroom. So... USE PROPER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR. Is it that hard to type out your **** words?
#28 Posted: 10:16:42 03/12/2007
I'm saying it's the second; that there's no connection to the previous story even though we're seeing earlier in the life of this Spyro than the original one.
---
#29 Posted: 01:28:22 04/12/2007
Ah. I see. That explanation make more sense than the first one.
---
This is a forum. Not a stupid chatroom. So... USE PROPER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR. Is it that hard to type out your **** words?
#30 Posted: 07:00:08 04/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Oooh, then ummm, I'll get back to ya.
By the way K, I meant my first explaination, which I've actually decided I like.
---
#31 Posted: 20:25:26 04/12/2007
Here's another one, why would Krome make this world so different from the OS? It would be very plotholeish too actually try to connect the series.
---
#32 Posted: 20:31:38 04/12/2007
It's not like the Dragon Realms ever stayed consistent beyond the first three (and even for those you could argue).
---
#33 Posted: 13:12:58 05/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Am I the only one who actually hopes this series isn't a reboot.
---
#34 Posted: 14:11:08 05/12/2007
Yeah, pretty much.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#35 Posted: 23:48:46 06/12/2007
I'm indifferent, if that helps. All the evidence points to "reboot", so I'm content to go with that (I like alternate universes, anyway). But if Krome pulls something out in the third game to make connections to the old series, well, more power to 'em.
#36 Posted: 00:55:58 07/12/2007
I'm actually hoping for a good connection to the older games.
---
#37 Posted: 02:26:49 07/12/2007
Here's one fact to prove it can't tie in to the original storyline...

Spyro and Cynder have been confirmed to be 12 years of age...

STD took place BEFORE the Year of the Dragon after Spyro's birth...

In the original continuity, the dragons were banned from the Forgotten Realms before Spyro was born...

It therefore can't happen, because Spyro's age in STD is equal to his age in ANB and TEN... ;>.>
---
#38 Posted: 04:34:53 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I'd start poking holes in the evidence brought before me but I'd just get verbal sand kicked in my face again. So I'll just say the evidence has again failed to sway my belief, not in the slightest.
---
#39 Posted: 19:24:53 07/12/2007
Another thing to consider when thinking of these things is Avalar.

In the old games, it is literally a different universe, connected to the Dragon Realms by total accident.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty confident that Skabb's pirates don't know how to jump between universes, which strongly suggests that Avalar is a place within the Realms/islands or nearby.

Just throwin' that out to add to the debate, I guess. smilie
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#40 Posted: 20:48:50 07/12/2007
It is a reboot. Enough said.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#41 Posted: 23:40:02 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I never actually thought that Avalar was another universe, not even when I was little. I always thought portals were just a quick method of transport to different parts of the same known world.
---
Spyrodude25 Blue Sparx Gems: 929
#42 Posted: 00:04:37 08/12/2007
Another reason its a reboot is in the origanal series spyros egg was found with a bunch of theives and a few dragons rescued it in the new seires ignitus rescues his egg.
---
smilie and smilie don't like each other!
#43 Posted: 03:11:55 08/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Where did you get that from?
---
#44 Posted: 03:14:59 08/12/2007
Sierra as well as fansites. e_e
---
#45 Posted: 03:30:41 08/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I had a kind of revelation overnight and I now accept that the TLoS series is a completely different series to the OS. The OS was just a series of somewhat disjointed adventures with no real continuity in its story line. Now the TLoS is starting the story straight from the beginning with an coherrent storyline that tells one long tale of the birth and continueing efforts of its protaonist. Instead of disjointed shallow adventures through candy land there is now a serious tale of heroic deides and horrifc acts. It doesn't rewrite the OS it's actually a completely different story altogether with vaguely similiar characters. Its not a reboot or a prequel, its something completely new and different.
---
Last edited at 06:30:38 08/12/2007 by Twilight
#46 Posted: 05:29:18 08/12/2007
That's sort of the way I've been seeing it. I like to think of the OS and TLoS as two universes that live on the same street. The old games are the fun, happy universe (and they visit their neighbors, apparently) while the new ones are the serious universe that lives in the nice but spooky-looking house down the street. smilie
Aqua-Dragoness Gold Sparx Gems: 2851
#47 Posted: 15:45:21 09/12/2007
Quote: Razz
That's sort of the way I've been seeing it. I like to think of the OS and TLoS as two universes that live on the same street. The old games are the fun, happy universe (and they visit their neighbors, apparently) while the new ones are the serious universe that lives in the nice but spooky-looking house down the street. smilie

Would the neighbors of the 'Fun and Happy' universe be Avalar and The Forgotten Worlds? xD
#48 Posted: 16:01:05 09/12/2007
Quote: Razz

LOL!!!!!! quite true..........
---
#49 Posted: 21:35:04 09/12/2007
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness

Would the neighbors of the 'Fun and Happy' universe be Avalar and The Forgotten Worlds? xD

Yes. smilie They go over to each others' houses and have barbecues all the time. smilie
CatdragonGal Red Sparx Gems: 76
#50 Posted: 22:44:11 23/12/2007
It's a reboot! Of course.
---
Let your dragons fly with you in your dreams.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me