First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
The Cronicler [CLOSED]
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#51 Posted: 21:23:21 06/12/2007
Yes Crush, that Sparx thing is true.

One Part of Discussion with Spyro and the Chronicler:

smilie Ooooh...What's this? I think it's a magic wishing lamp (whispering)
Hello? Genie? You in there?
smilie This is incredible! The entiry history of the dragon race... It looks like it's all here!
The Chronicler: It is. Well, most of it.
smilie ( in awe) Did you hear that? It spoke to me!
The Chronicler: The records in this hall date back to the beginning of time... nearly.
smilie The Chronicler!
The Chronicler: Yes Spyro... It is I... And I've been waiting for you.
smilie Oh, well... I hope we didn't keep you waiting too long.
We got a little held up there... with the uh... well, you know... RIDDLES OF DOOM!
The Chronicler: It was a necessary evil. I had to be sure, Spyro. (pause)
I haven't had any visitors... in my solitude... for over a thousand years.
smilie Shocker! Try getting rid of the phsycedelic dragon outside!
smilie You've been here for that long?
The Chronicler: Oh yes. But I have my books...
And I watch and wait... and listen for things to come... and then add them to the Books of Time. You are also written in the books, though... many pages are still left incomplete.
smilie I am? Can I see?
The Chronicler: Of course you can. This one is yours. Look...

While they are reading the Book:
The Chronicler: You've seen this hideous creature before...(means Gaul)
smilie Why is he in my book?
The Chronicler: It was Gaul who led the raid on the temple the night of your birth... When Ignitus rescued your egg.
smilie ...And when they took Cynder's.
The Chronicler: Yes... That was most unfortunate.
Oh! And look... here is a little Sparx.
smilie He-Hey! Nobody needs to see that... ever...
smilie (interrupting) Wait. Can these book tell the future?

To be continued...
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
Last edited at 17:13:31 07/12/2007 by SilverDragon
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#52 Posted: 08:31:15 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I remember that!smiliesmilie
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
okami12 Fodder
#53 Posted: 17:12:29 07/12/2007
yes i love a pic of him crush
#54 Posted: 17:14:14 07/12/2007

The CHronicler: In parts. Though, only a glimpses of future.
smilie Then I want to know what will happen to Cynder.
The Chronicler: Spyro, you don't und...
smilie (interrupting) Please! I must know.
The Chronicler: Very well... ...but hers is a darker tale.
Spyro, you must understand, when she was taken by Gaul, she was poisoned and corrupted, made to do the Dark Master's bidding. Her entire life has been spent in shadow. She knows no other way. And when the Dark Master returns... she will concede. No one can resist the temptation... not even strongest among us.
smilie I don't believe that.
The Chronicler: Spyro, let tell you the another story,
smilie Oooh, Oooh, Oooh! Can I pick the story this time?
The Chronicler: There was a dragon, long ago, whose raw power was far greater than anyone had ever seen or... could imagine.
At first, he mastered fire... which was odd because he was not a fire dragon.

To be continued...
---
#55 Posted: 17:28:05 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: okami12
yes i love a pic of him crush

Okay. Here you go!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee162/SamNogard/51.png
---
Dagnabbit.
okami12 Fodder
#56 Posted: 18:27:26 07/12/2007
WOW HE COOL!
#57 Posted: 19:19:19 07/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I know! He looks pretty cool with that blue cape and that necklas!
---
Dagnabbit.
#58 Posted: 20:07:32 08/12/2007
Quote: Crush
I know! He looks pretty cool with that blue cape and that necklas!

Yes, that blue cape, it was cool! The Chronicler is the only dragon who wears clothes. Strange!
---
#59 Posted: 09:18:37 09/12/2007 | Topic Creator
AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! IGNITUS IS NAKED!!! Sorry! Coudln't help it!smilie
But you're right. I wonder why the guardians doesn't have cape or armor like the elder dragons in The Croniclers story.
---
Dagnabbit.
#60 Posted: 18:50:30 09/12/2007
Hey Crush, I made some Chronicler avatars. Go to //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=2696 and take themsmilie
---
Last edited at 18:51:30 09/12/2007 by SilverDragon
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#61 Posted: 21:34:00 09/12/2007
I get the feeling that the Guardians are living in a time when the Realms are less rich than they once were. In the Chronicler's day, the Temple was not in ruins and the dragons who lived there were wealthy. In current times, that is not the case.
#62 Posted: 06:57:20 10/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Quote: SilverDragon
Hey Crush, I made some Chronicler avatars. Go to //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=2696 and take themsmilie

Cool! I am using one of them right now! How do you make them?
---
Dagnabbit.
#63 Posted: 20:02:31 10/12/2007
Quote: Crush
Quote: SilverDragon

Cool! I am using one of them right now! How do you make them?

I made them with GIMP. GIMP is the painting system, what can be downloaded from Internet. I can make more avatars if you want! Just post the picture to my me smilie
---
#64 Posted: 06:44:18 11/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Okay. Thanks!smilie
---
Dagnabbit.
#65 Posted: 20:38:55 13/12/2007

The Chronicler: Then came ice and wind... And other abilities none though possible. Is this story sounding familiar?
smilie It was a purple dragon... like me.

The Chronicler: The First Purple Dragon...
In the beginning, he was engouraged... And secrets of elemental Mastery were passed unto him willingly by the elders. But his powers... was limitless... it knew no boundary. He consumed... everything.
When he would not stop, he was cast into exile. And from his new Fortress within the mountain, he built an army... not of dragons, but of apes... and taught them to artificially harness the power of the gems... Our life force.

smilie You're talking about Dark Master...
The Chronicler: Yes. And in his Dark seclusion, the sheer weight of his malise cracked the very foundation of the mountain, splitting the earth, creating a pit of despair...Where the lost souls of this world could reside.
smilie the Well of souls!
The Chronicler: Created b the very beast who now seeks to escape it.
smilie B-but you said that the eclipse would only allow to spirits to escape for a short while!
The Chronicler: Yes, but if there was ever a spirit powerful enouh...
smilie Then how do we stop it?
The Chronicler: There is no stopping it. It has been written.
smilie Then why have you called us here? I don't understand.
The Chronicler: To ride out this storm... where you will be safe...and live to fight another day.
smilie Well, that sounds pretty good.
smilie What about the others? What about their safety?
The Chronicler: I fear the worst for the others...
smilie And Cynder? Am I supposed to sit here and do mothing... while she joins THEM?!
smilie Let me field this one... Yes!
smilie No! You keep talking about choosing a path.
But What about Cynder? She was never given a choice. I have to try... I'm going and you can't stop me.
The Chronicler: Then... I won't.

To be continued...
---
okami12 Fodder
#66 Posted: 14:40:05 16/12/2007
is darkspyro free to sign up
Spyro_rules Emerald Sparx Gems: 3213
#67 Posted: 14:44:33 16/12/2007
Yup! Feel free to join any time!!
okami12 Fodder
#68 Posted: 15:59:40 16/12/2007
Thanks spyro rules
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#69 Posted: 17:56:31 16/12/2007
i sign up so hello!!!!!!!!
#70 Posted: 19:29:10 16/12/2007
Oh, hello!
And welcome to DarkSpyro! Hopefully you will get some new friends!
---
#71 Posted: 20:29:05 16/12/2007 | Topic Creator
Cool! Welcome! I am sure you will love this site as much as I do!smilie
---
Dagnabbit.
#72 Posted: 19:39:00 19/12/2007
Hopefully the Chronicler will have a bigger role in TLOS 3.

I can't believe that his voice actor wasn't in intro! The Chronicler talked more than Ignitus!
---
#73 Posted: 19:44:23 19/12/2007 | Topic Creator
I wonder what will happen in the next game. I don't hope any of the good guys dies. If Ignitus ever dies, I am going to cry my heart out!
---
Dagnabbit.
#74 Posted: 19:52:31 19/12/2007
Yes, hopefully that's not Ignitus!
smilie and smilie will be always alive, of course.

Possibly that's Chronicler who dies? Nobody knows...
---
Dragongyrl1000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1939
#75 Posted: 20:04:20 19/12/2007
Hey, I know why he's called the Chronicler! Well, chronology, chrome or something like that, synchronize, chronicle, and anachronicle. They all have something to do with time....
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
Twilight Blue Sparx Gems: 742
#76 Posted: 10:30:28 21/12/2007
I got that the minute I heard it.

You may call me warped but, I hope somebody dies hopefully either The Chronicler, Ignitus, Cynder OR Spyro.
---
As long as I don't have to do anything, I'm kool with it.
#77 Posted: 13:26:18 21/12/2007
and don't forget Sparx!

There are some avatars what I have made about Chronicler in Site Bugs/Suggestion/Help:
www.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=2696

What do you think, are there gonne be war or something in TLOS 3? And Will the Chronicler be in it?
---
#78 Posted: 13:40:05 21/12/2007
I don't think Sparx will die, and I wouldn't care (much) if he did.

I would love it if there was a fullscale war in TLoS 3 and I would love the Chronicler to get involved but unfortunately I just don't it will happen, we'll probably get cheaped out of it just like we got cheaped out of every opportunity for flying level in TEN.
---
#79 Posted: 19:44:00 21/12/2007
My money is on Ignitus dying. That will be sad, but he is the mentor (Obi-Wan) of this series and most mentors die. It's either going to be him or the Chronicler.

As for the Chronicler fighting... I just can't see it ever happening. The guy's been hiding alone for centuries. He even tried to get Spyro to hide with him! I don't think anything will bring him out of his cave. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out not to be as good as he'd like everyone to believe. smilie
#80 Posted: 06:59:04 22/12/2007
Does anyone really have to die (permanently)?.
---
#81 Posted: 07:34:40 22/12/2007
Nah. But if they did insist on killing someone, it would likely be Ignitus. I rather hope they don't (it's nice to be surprised by LoS once in a while and I kind of like Iggy).
Black Minx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1226
#82 Posted: 12:53:35 22/12/2007
I'm not going to say a thing.
---
You just gotta love the old and new games!
#83 Posted: 17:05:56 28/12/2007
Still, have to remember that Spyro is children game. That means that if some character will die, it will not be cruel etc.
---
#84 Posted: 01:55:21 29/12/2007
Yep, exactly. It will be a noble sacrifice and we won't actually see the death. (Because no one has guts anymore. I remember the original Don Bluth "The Land Before Time" in which you did see Little Foot's mother die. It made me sad as a kid, but I handled it just fine. I really wish movie makers and game makers would have more faith in kids.)
#85 Posted: 09:01:04 29/12/2007
Give the kids some credit, I've loved violent media since I was very young and I don't figure myself warped in the least. TLBT was one of my favourite movies when I was little and I can remember the death scene vividly (I also loved it). Mostly bloodless and very moving. And it still carried a G rating. Now you can't get a G unless the film actually is so watered down that it is an insult to children. Same appears to apply to games. No death or no G. I personally look forward to an emotional death scene in the next TLoS game. Probably not gonna be the Chronicler though.
---
#86 Posted: 12:32:48 29/12/2007
Like I said, my money is on Ignitus if anyone is going to die. He's too Obi-Wan to live if they're drawing straws. smilie

I'm definitely a little warped (you can't have AD/HD and be normal smilie), but I remember watching "Watership Down" as a kid and not being phased at all. It made me sad, but the violence didn't get to me (it disturbed the snot out of my mom, though). Of course, I was watching nature documentaries by the age of six, so it was nothing I hadn't seen before (and this was back in the day when they had real documentaries on tv, the kind that didn't skimp on the blood, gore, and all the other nasty things animals do to survive).
#87 Posted: 23:20:03 29/12/2007
I think the most likely characters to die are:
1. Ignitus
2. Spyro
3. Cynder

P.S. I know someone who did a ADHD for his informal brochure in English 'cause he has it. He's pretty hyper but I mostly don't care, except when he's poking me, argh, so annoying.

P.P.S. I LOVE nature doco's (my dad hates them), don't get enough of 'em on Telly where I live, escept for Merrkat Manor. I love Meerkats.
---
#88 Posted: 04:48:40 30/12/2007
Well, I wouldn't like it if someone had to die in TLoS series. It would be too sad. smilie Especially since I like most of the good guys on this game.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who do matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess
#89 Posted: 09:58:19 30/12/2007
Sad? Sad? I like sad. I love it. That's why I read alot of tragedy. I hope someone dies in TLoS.
---
#90 Posted: 10:54:35 30/12/2007
I'm indifferent, really. I'm content to just let the story play out as it will. But I know this much: games that make me cry are games I remember much longer and with greater fondness.
#91 Posted: 19:10:03 30/12/2007
Really? I like games that are very long and good, like the game, Kingdom Hearts II. AWESOME game! No one dies in it, but some parts are sad cuz there's three characters who are BEST friends with eachother and they're seperated by darkness, and they go out to look for eachother, which they DO reunite again, but towards the end. That game nearly took me a whole year to beat it! But, I still don't like things that are sad. The ONLY movie that made me cry was Dragonheart cuz the dragon had to die to save the guy...smilie
---
#92 Posted: 20:03:17 30/12/2007
It depends on the game if I like it being long or short. I rather enjoyed how long "Zelda: Twilight Princess" was because there was so much fun stuff to do (also, the end did make me cry; Midnaaaaa! ;_smilie.
#93 Posted: 00:49:34 31/12/2007
I never cry over events in movies or games or even songs. I just can't. My mum cried at the end of the lord of the rings but I didn't. I do acknowledge sad scenes and I like them, I even get watery eyes sometimes. I think it's 'cause I acknowledge that they aren't real. I do cry about real life events though, like death and sad news and stuff like that.

P.S. I completed Kingdom Hearts II in under a week.
---
#94 Posted: 20:40:21 31/12/2007
It depends on how well I can relate to an event in the film/game whether I cry or not. I bawled at the end of "Phantom of the Opera (the movie)" because it brought back vivid memories of my Grandpa's funeral.

Mostly, I just get a little choked up, which is equivalent to making your average person cry. I've got some weird hang-ups emotionally. Just like I know I'd feel better if I could throw up but I can't, I am unable to cry in front of anyone (except in times of extreme grief and even then, it's more like I'm in hysterics for about a week before I clam up). I've perfected the art of crying silently and people who are right next to me at the time won't even know I was crying unless I tell them later. It's probably not healthy at all.
#95 Posted: 01:34:10 01/01/2008
I never cry for long periods of time, rarely more than a few minutes. When my dog died I took the day off school but I was back to more or less normal by midday, not sad at all. Weird bit is, I spontaneously begin to cry alot when I'm not sad at all. It never reaches full blown quaking but a few tears definitely escape. Only my twin brother knows about it, I have never told anyone else. I blame it on heavy stress repression and teenage development.

Now just to make this comment vaguely on topic, the Chronicler looks like a dog.
---
#96 Posted: 04:18:24 01/01/2008
Uh, no he doesn't. He looks very old, but very interesting at the same time. He's also very smart, like Ignitus is, and I like the crystal that hangs around his neck too...
---
#97 Posted: 05:51:07 01/01/2008
Intelligence is sexy!
---
#98 Posted: 05:53:19 01/01/2008
Um, ok. And I like The Chronicler's voice. It sounds interesting.
---
#99 Posted: 06:11:29 01/01/2008
He does have good voice to go with his character, genlte-ish, authorative and wise. mmmmmmmmmm hm hm.
---
#100 Posted: 06:25:55 01/01/2008
LOL You're too funny smilie ^.^
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me