Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 267 of 275 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 265 266 267 268 269 ... 273 274 275
Leaving/Returning Thread [STICKY]
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#13301 Posted: 17:30:01 11/05/2020
hello! nice to see some new blood around smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#13302 Posted: 20:46:43 25/05/2020
back because of sheer boredom
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#13303 Posted: 01:53:56 26/05/2020
heya!!
---
malefor64 Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#13304 Posted: 21:33:28 31/05/2020
Maybe I should return? Idk
---
Monke
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#13305 Posted: 16:07:31 01/06/2020
that i have a new account and i'm back
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#13306 Posted: 16:35:47 01/06/2020
LINDSEY!!!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13307 Posted: 16:37:43 01/06/2020
yes. i am finally back now.
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#13308 Posted: 18:58:39 01/06/2020
hello hello everyone!
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#13309 Posted: 20:28:15 01/06/2020
im not going to be reachable for the next few days.

need time to myself.

ciao.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#13310 Posted: 20:29:10 01/06/2020
Lindsay, welcome back! And Paris, I hope things get better.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#13311 Posted: 22:46:28 01/06/2020
yeah! immediate mod interference. good old darkspyro!! and thank you for the welcome Bifrost.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:22 01/06/2020 by LeewweewoowheeH
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7168
#13312 Posted: 00:22:36 02/06/2020
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
yeah! immediate mod interference. good old darkspyro!! and thank you for the welcome Bifrost.

As a returning user, you should already know that you should post things such as “I’m back” or whatever You had posted in this topic. I personally was the one who merged your topic to this because what is the point of having a topic for something there is already a topic for.
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#13313 Posted: 01:26:19 02/06/2020
lindsay i love you
#13314 Posted: 02:40:01 02/06/2020
Quote: Ezio
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH

As a returning user, you should already know that you should post things such as “I’m back” or whatever You had posted in this topic. I personally was the one who merged your topic to this because what is the point of having a topic for something there is already a topic for.

ahem as a user who's been here almost longer than the site has been around, this is the stuff and nonsense board. if i don't post i'm back in the leaving returning thread that would be considered... nonsense. def-miriamwebster

Quote: Vespi
lindsay i love you

i love you too, vespi!
---
#13315 Posted: 17:55:34 05/06/2020
i need a drink.
---
#13316 Posted: 18:07:24 05/06/2020
*offers mug*

what would ya like?
---
#13317 Posted: 22:39:19 05/06/2020
paris you are back. i didn't know you left. how did darkspyro turn without best mod? more serious/ hey there glad to see you! :-)
---
#13318 Posted: 03:42:56 06/06/2020
Quote: ThunderEgg
*offers mug*

what would ya like?

The strongest alcohol u have
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#13319 Posted: 22:36:43 10/06/2020
In case you missed it, and lets face it how could you?

I'm back baby yeah!!!
---
^ You all know it's true
#13320 Posted: 22:59:18 10/06/2020
GREEBLE!!
---
#13321 Posted: 23:11:32 10/06/2020
heya!
---
#13322 Posted: 07:09:11 15/06/2020
It's been really fun, you guys. However, my mental health is declining because of social media. I have decided that I will be leaving darkspyro and the community in general. I will be on Neopets and Steam, still. If you really wish to contact me, I will also be on discord at least once a day.

Thank you all for the fun times. I really don't think I would be where I am today if not for this website about purple dragon.

Take care and try not to set the website on fire!

[User Posted Image]
---
#13323 Posted: 07:15:06 15/06/2020
noooooooooooooooooooooo......... pariiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss :-( you mean it? i'm going to miss you so much. aaaw and i'm sorry you're not feeling well
---
#13324 Posted: 13:09:40 15/06/2020
Paris, I wish only the best for you, take care out there.
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#13325 Posted: 21:44:39 15/06/2020
Quote: parisruelz12
It's been really fun, you guys. However, my mental health is declining because of social media. I have decided that I will be leaving darkspyro and the community in general. I will be on Neopets and Steam, still. If you really wish to contact me, I will also be on discord at least once a day.

Thank you all for the fun times. I really don't think I would be where I am today if not for this website about purple dragon.

Take care and try not to set the website on fire!

[User Posted Image]

I'm sorry you've been pushed to this point, no-one should ever be made to feel like that.

Hopefully you'll find some time to start working towards getting to a better place, i know you've said that you're going for good but if you decide to make the occasional visit, you can always contact me if you feel you need to vent about anything.

As for Social Media, it's full of sad little people who prefer to spend their time making others feel bad rather than being a decent part of society, your treatment is proof of that.

Stay safe and remember that for every asshole in the world, there's a Greeble fighting to knock them down a peg or two smilie
---
^ You all know it's true
#13326 Posted: 22:30:37 15/06/2020
bye paris! i have the best wishes for you <3
---
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#13327 Posted: 06:13:52 25/06/2020
I think it's time for me to take my leave. I've kinda lost that spark to be around here. You could probably tell because I stopped posting totally shredded animal men on Discord. It's not anything bad or anything. I'm actually doing pretty good! I'm just moving on. Moving on up. Been super engrossed in my own projects and making my dreams come true, so maybe you'll catch me out in the wild one day. I have high hopes for the future.

BlueFox, Fable, Embiggened, signing off. Be good to each other and keep fighting the good fight. You won't find me in the chat, but I'll still be around on Discord.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#13328 Posted: 17:28:06 25/06/2020
i'm glad you're making your dreams come true! you've been neat to see around, and i'm happy you've been able to work on your own projects!
---
#13329 Posted: 19:15:47 25/06/2020
See ya Bluefox! Best of luck to you!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#13330 Posted: 00:07:43 26/06/2020
It's been a hot second since I've visited here.

A lot has happened since and it's weird to suddenly feel a pull to come here and think about all the good memories of here. I'm not sure what happened, mental illness I suppose, but I got rid of everything to do with skylanders and tried to disconnect that part of myself. I suppose I've always been ashamed of my past self.

But things have happened. I've come out as bi, I've come out as non-binary, I've ditched a toxic friend, I've had a boyfriend and we broke up, I have about 4 mental illness, I have friends that care about me and a new community that I hold dear to my heart. I'm an entirely different person now.

This isn't me saying I'm returning. But I'm so thankful that I was once a part of this place. It's helped make me who I am today. And the nostalgia is hitting hard.

You are all amazing people, keep being you, because no one could ask for more.
---
smilie
#13331 Posted: 13:27:04 26/06/2020
Yo, congrats on coming out, Shagaru Magala! Hopefully you've had fun over the last years with Monster Hunter, at the least?
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#13332 Posted: 18:30:38 02/07/2020
Hi Shagaru! Good to see ya! smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#13333 Posted: 05:00:20 12/07/2020
Hey what up I haven’t logged on here in like months
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#13334 Posted: 06:04:06 12/07/2020
Hi Crunchy!!
---
Twinkies and 2hus
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#13335 Posted: 21:13:27 22/07/2020
After ten long years, I've decided it's finally time for me to move on from darkSpyro and this community.

I've been thinking about leaving darkSpyro seriously for a long while now- honestly I was going to leave before I joined the discord server and decided to stay a while longer- but I have my reasons for why I finally made this decision(many of which I prefer not to go into), and I think it's what's best for me and the community moving forward.

I just want to say thank you to a lot of you for the past decade here. This community was my real introduction to the internet when I was a kid, and I never really thought I would have spent, at this point in time, literally half my life to it. Although I didn't really interact with many people that often until I joined the discord, being here was a lot of fun, and there's no Spyro community that can come close to how tight knit and occasionally dysfunctional we are. smilie I've met a lot of great people and had a lot of great moments. Heck, if I didn't stick around longer after joining discord I wouldn't have met a few people who I consider real close friends now. And to me, that's pretty special.

Aside from maybe visiting the discord every once in a while to check in and see how people are, I don't plan on coming back at this moment in time. I'll be taking my leave for good within the next couple weeks, before I start my senior year of college(and not before I at least celebrate getting Diamond Sparx next week lmao). That being said, I will always be on Discord, and I would be more than happy to chat and spend time with people if anyone wants to stay in touch. You already know where to find me on there. Just pls don't be offended if I don't get back within a timely manner lol

It's been real. Stay classy everyone. smilie
---
Cool cool.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#13336 Posted: 21:37:17 22/07/2020
Quote: pankakesparx456
After ten long years, I've decided it's finally time for me to move on from darkSpyro and this community.

I've been thinking about leaving darkSpyro seriously for a long while now- honestly I was going to leave before I joined the discord server and decided to stay a while longer- but I have my reasons for why I finally made this decision(many of which I prefer not to go into), and I think it's what's best for me and the community moving forward.

I just want to say thank you to a lot of you for the past decade here. This community was my real introduction to the internet when I was a kid, and I never really thought I would have spent, at this point in time, literally half my life to it. Although I didn't really interact with many people that often until I joined the discord, being here was a lot of fun, and there's no Spyro community that can come close to how tight knit and occasionally dysfunctional we are. smilie I've met a lot of great people and had a lot of great moments. Heck, if I didn't stick around longer after joining discord I wouldn't have met a few people who I consider real close friends now. And to me, that's pretty special.

Aside from maybe visiting the discord every once in a while to check in and see how people are, I don't plan on coming back at this moment in time. I'll be taking my leave for good within the next couple weeks, before I start my senior year of college(and not before I at least celebrate getting Diamond Sparx next week lmao). That being said, I will always be on Discord, and I would be more than happy to chat and spend time with people if anyone wants to stay in touch. You already know where to find me on there. Just pls don't be offended if I don't get back within a timely manner lol

WE LOVE YOU AQUARIS!!!!!

I'm so proud of how much you've grown in confidence, as well as being able to rise up to great heights with your leadership and talent. You are SUCH a great writer and I really can't wait to see how your next project (and future ones too!) will turn out and where they'll lead you! Continue to chase those stars buddy, and remember to stay in touch!! I'll try to remember too smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#13337 Posted: 22:36:48 22/07/2020
Aquaris, wishing only the best for you going foward. If you never need any help, you know where to find me on discord or here. We love you, and I wish safe travels out there!
---
#13338 Posted: 23:09:19 22/07/2020
Quote: pankakesparx456

Best of luck, dude! Like Erica said, you've absolutely grown over the past ten years, very mature, level headed, and intelligent. Someone I really do admire and strive to be like. Not to mention you're quite talented and I've loved your creative endeavors you've shown us in the past, I really can imagine you reaching great heights in the future.

And as a side note, I'd love to keep in touch, we really had a nice thing going on and I loved talking to you. It's a shame we distanced, but that's on me. We've got similar goals, interests, and passions. We have too much in common to let it fly. I honestly think we can be great friends if rekindle what we had, because I feel like it could be something special.

Rock the world, Aquaris! Show'em what you got!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:28 22/07/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#13339 Posted: 22:52:17 26/07/2020
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that I have left darkSpyro.

This was not a decision made lightly, but it has been a decision that has been building for some time. Because this is my account's eighth anniversary, I think it’s important to talk about my history with the site and why I have been so reluctant to depart despite the growing number of difficulties in working with it and grievances made by other former users.

I began somePerson as text reviews because as far as I knew, that was the way to do recaps and reviews of media – particularly BAD media. If you didn’t have your own TV show, the only way to get your opinions and quips about awful movies, television shows, and indeed comic books was to write out lengthy essays about them. Then one day on a forum I discovered dark52. I learned of this fantastic place called darkSpyro where others did their own videos about the media they hated or enjoyed, with videos uploaded to Youtube, Revver, and eventually Blip. There was just tons and tons of content waiting to be enjoyed by an eager, hungry audience.

Inspired by this (in particular the dark52 videos), I set about turning my rantings about comic books into videos. At the time, darkSpyro (dS) had an open submission policy if you wanted to join. Within only a few days, I was accepted and became a part of a larger family. As soon as my videos went up (alongside Carmelita Fox and semp123’s Press Start Adventures cartoon), my views increased in massive numbers. I suddenly had an audience – one that grew larger and larger over time. The videos were popular enough within a year or so that I was able to quit my job at Barnes and Noble and go full time in making them. Being a video producer has been my vocation and career ever since.

I owe my success to being picked up on dS. Sure, talent is one part of it – people wouldn’t still be watching the show if there wasn’t SOMETHING about it that they enjoyed, but in a world with hundreds if not thousands of channels and shows vying for attention from the public, getting that exposure got me a foot in the door that, it is entirely likely, I never would have enjoyed otherwise. I have been incredibly privileged and lucky since then to have this opportunity.

Furthermore, joining dS allowed me to meet a plethora of friendly, smart, creative individuals whom I am still proud to call my friends. Despite the problems that have occurred in making them, I still enjoy all of the anniversary movies – as their own works and just for the opportunity they gave me on an annual basis to meet with these people I am still in awe of. They have expanded my interests and my own skills simply by the use of their own – helping me make videos that I hope are not only entertaining but informative about the comic industry and my other passions. In essence, if I have reached wondrous heights, it is only because I stand on the shoulders of giants. I have met incredible fans with wonderful stories of their own, been told that our videos helped them when it seemed like nothing else could. I met my wife thanks to being a part of dS and that is most especially something to be happy about.

And that has been a thing that has nagged at me over the last several years. In case you are not aware, there has been growing discontentment towards the leadership of darkSpyro and its CEO Mike Matei. It is not unfounded. The full list of grievances has been compiled into a Google doc for reference – which you can read HERE, but if you would like a summary – abusive behavior, lies to the contributors, a focus on only dark52 as opposed to the community of talent that was promised, and many, MANY other offenses. A few years ago, a group of contributors left the site at the same time – some leaving for their own reasons, but some left in particular because of those actions. At the time, while I was outraged by what had occurred, I wanted to remain optimistic. I believed I could improve things from within, lend my voice to the higher-ups of the company to inspire them to recapture what had made the site so beloved before. In addition, several new contributors had also then-recently joined – just as eager and enthusiastic about being a part of the site as I had been several years before. They wanted to be a part of this community and work alongside us and I felt that leaving then would have crushed their happiness and even potentially their own chances for success.

And so I stayed and I tried to do what I could to improve things. I failed. Over time, as I grew more and more dejected by this experience I resolved to simply put out my content, converse with the others on the site to help them directly whenever I could, and collect revenue for my show. Recently, however, it has come to light not just the offenses I was aware of, but even more that I had never been privy to. So many, in fact, that a twitter thread detailing them went on for two days straight of people asking questions and discovering new terrible things that had occurred that had happened even at the earliest days of my presence on the site that I had been completely oblivious of.

I have struggled since then about how best to handle my presence on darkSpyro. I originally elected to leave much later, but at some point during this year – especially after a major milestone in order to give things a “clean start” feel, but in talking with other producers who have decided to leave, I feel it’s best to just do it and get it out of the way.

And so here we are. Perhaps I should have left sooner, but these are the choices I have made and will have to live with. Regardless of anything else, I am still happy for the friendships I have made, the work I have done, and proud of being a part of the site for as long as I have. I simply wish that things could have been better. While many have scoffed about an aggregate site like darkSpyro working these days, I do still think there is potential there – a community of reviewers working together to promote one another and have plenty of pop culture videos and analyses, in my opinion at least, still holds sway – especially if it promotes the brand as a whole and not just an individual.

Given my reasons for leaving, please do not take my and others’ departures as a sign that you should harass or question those who do remain. The simple fact is that I have been incredibly fortunate in that I do not require darkSpyro to survive. Others may not be as fortunate and rely upon the views they get from the site or they may just have their own reasons for staying that they do not wish to share. It is their prerogative. All I will say is that you should support the content you love. Much like with the comics industry itself, it’s a matter of voting with your wallet – or in this case, with your eyeballs.

Thank you all for your continued support. I couldn’t do this without you all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:54:40 26/07/2020 by somePerson
#13340 Posted: 23:22:35 26/07/2020
Damn, I just don't know what to say to that...

Is there an original version that I just missed entirely in the last few weeks, it's probably really heavy but I have no idea of what in specific it's about
---
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#13341 Posted: 00:01:31 27/07/2020
Quote: Bifrost
Damn, I just don't know what to say to that...

Is there an original version that I just missed entirely in the last few weeks, it's probably really heavy but I have no idea of what in specific it's about

It's not on here, nor was it recent. somePerson just made a copypasta from Linkara's announcement that he was leaving Channel Awesome
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#13342 Posted: 00:39:01 27/07/2020
Dang, I missed the letter entirely, just the meltdown that happened afterwards.
---
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#13343 Posted: 16:17:33 22/08/2020
After a two year absence I have returned!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#13344 Posted: 17:18:38 22/08/2020
hey buddy how's it going
#13345 Posted: 19:37:58 22/08/2020
Quote: Carmelita Fox
hey buddy how's it going

Hi, nothing much. Gonna start another semester at university next week. Been doing a lot of world building for a series of short stories I plan on writing and a table top RPG that I'm designing.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#13346 Posted: 20:07:00 22/08/2020
WOAH HEY welcome back
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#13347 Posted: 21:11:26 22/08/2020
Quote: Iceclaw
WOAH HEY welcome back

Hello. I hope you're doing well.
Alcremie Ripto Gems: 555
#13348 Posted: 01:30:27 01/09/2020
byeo.
#13349 Posted: 20:44:12 05/09/2020
bye bye
---
First | Previous | Page 267 of 275 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 265 266 267 268 269 ... 273 274 275

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me