Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Kiwifarms Thread (Content Warning)
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Kiwifarms Thread (Content Warning)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#51 Posted: 15:44:40 08/09/2022
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

he's afraid

She/her, btw. Also -

[User Posted Image]

edit: y'know what i'm being too aggro i'll keep only the first half
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:18 08/09/2022 by Bifrost
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#52 Posted: 18:26:20 08/09/2022
The only decent thing Kiwifarms had was threads of actual pedos, zoophiles, and just outright those types of degens that need jail. Other stupid **** that is pretty much minute drama on art and conspiracy theorizing can be done without tbh.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Ikezawa Ripto Gems: 253
#53 Posted: 19:51:03 08/09/2022
Got any sources that prove the website encourages or was created for doxing/swatting/threats/etc? Because I certainly have sources that say otherwise. If you look at the site rules, it clearly states harassment, death threats and the like are strictly discouraged and enforced by the site operator, the moderators, and the community.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#54 Posted: 20:00:11 08/09/2022
Quote: Ikezawa
Got any sources that prove the website encourages or was created for doxing/swatting/threats/etc? Because I certainly have sources that say otherwise. If you look at the site rules, it clearly states harassment, death threats and the like are strictly discouraged and enforced by the site operator, the moderators, and the community.

you’re kidding right
KF’s doxxing threads are known and pretty extensively detailed

just because site admins or mods or whatever say it’s against the rules doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. case in point literally every social media from Reddit to Twitter to 4chan. even here there’s plenty of stuff that breaks the rules that skirts on by. rules mean nothing most of the time
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#55 Posted: 20:09:10 08/09/2022
^^^^ exactly the same happens here on darkspyro in fact......................................................................... no for real the only reason i even KNOW the place exists is word of mouth OF all of the doxxing threads thats what it was known for
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#56 Posted: 20:09:37 08/09/2022
Literally every site ever allows doxing (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc) so you can't really use that against the farms. It was also not created for the sole purpose of it either. Wanna try again?
#57 Posted: 20:11:20 08/09/2022
someone before said it was created to dox chris chan or whatever can anyone point to that more authentically who would know better than me? because i think it was intended to do that
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#58 Posted: 20:13:27 08/09/2022

Kiwi Farms was founded in 2013 by Joshua Moon (known as "Null" on the website), a former 8chan administrator. It was originally launched as a forum website to troll and harass a webcomic artist who was first noticed in 2007 on a 4chan video game board.

The targets of Kiwi Farms threads are often subject to organized group trolling, harassment, and stalking, including real-life harassment by users.[2][4] Tactics include publishing their victims' personal information ("doxxing"), trying to get them fired from their jobs, reporting crimes at their addresses in an attempt to have police dispatched to their homes ("swatting"), and harassing their family members and friends. Some of Kiwi Farms' harassment campaigns have continued for months or years, and some aim to drive the targets to suicide.[3][21] The website originated to harass an autistic and transgender webcomic artist, but now hosts threads dedicated to harassing many individuals—particularly minorities, women, LGBT people, neurodivergent people, and people considered by Kiwi Farms users to be mentally ill or sexually deviant.[2][3] According to Le Monde, other targets have included feminists, journalists, Internet celebrities, video game or comics hobbyists, and far-right personalities.[7]
#59 Posted: 20:15:39 08/09/2022
^^^^THERE YOU GO
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#60 Posted: 20:20:58 08/09/2022
Quote: somePerson

Kiwi Farms was founded in 2013 by Joshua Moon (known as "Null" on the website), a former 8chan administrator. It was originally launched as a forum website to troll and harass a webcomic artist who was first noticed in 2007 on a 4chan video game board.

The targets of Kiwi Farms threads are often subject to organized group trolling, harassment, and stalking, including real-life harassment by users.[2][4] Tactics include publishing their victims' personal information ("doxxing"), trying to get them fired from their jobs, reporting crimes at their addresses in an attempt to have police dispatched to their homes ("swatting"), and harassing their family members and friends. Some of Kiwi Farms' harassment campaigns have continued for months or years, and some aim to drive the targets to suicide.[3][21] The website originated to harass an autistic and transgender webcomic artist, but now hosts threads dedicated to harassing many individuals—particularly minorities, women, LGBT people, neurodivergent people, and people considered by Kiwi Farms users to be mentally ill or sexually deviant.[2][3] According to Le Monde, other targets have included feminists, journalists, Internet celebrities, video game or comics hobbyists, and far-right personalities.[7]

ahahahaha are you serious? copy and pasting the wikipedia page? lmao
#61 Posted: 20:25:31 08/09/2022
im not trying to be antagonizing by this comment Wolf dead serious right now if thats wikipedia (i dont like them) is there something inaccurate about that if there is could you point it out so i could potentially look into that?
---
#62 Posted: 20:26:40 08/09/2022

Didn't your teachers tell you Wikipedia isn't a credible source for information? The education system is failing our kids.
#63 Posted: 20:26:56 08/09/2022
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
someone before said it was created to dox chris chan or whatever can anyone point to that more authentically who would know better than me? because i think it was intended to do that

Read some chris chan history, he put that information up by himself
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#64 Posted: 20:28:51 08/09/2022
Blackholes, you keep participating in the conversation but you haven't actually posted your thoughts and opinions on the situation.

I'm just like, genuinely curious.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#65 Posted: 20:34:03 08/09/2022

Didn't your teachers tell you Wikipedia isn't a credible source for information? The education system is failing our kids.

Didn't your teachers also teach you about citations? See those numbers? Those are to other sources for the text written that support what was written.

I swear to ****ing god some people here are being as obtuse as possible on purpose.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#66 Posted: 20:35:56 08/09/2022
Also this does sound like thinly veiled defending of KiwiFarms, and that will not be tolerated here.
---
#67 Posted: 20:37:50 08/09/2022
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
Blackholes, you keep participating in the conversation but you haven't actually posted your thoughts and opinions on the situation.

i don't like keffals

[User Posted Image]

Quote: JCW555

Didn't your teachers also teach you about citations? See those numbers? Those are to other sources for the text written that support what was written.

I swear to ****ing god some people here are being as obtuse as possible on purpose.

and those sources ARE TOTALLY fair and balanced?
#68 Posted: 20:39:16 08/09/2022

Read some chris chan history, he put that information up by himself

i did read like a whole blog of what i could stomach years ago but i dont remember that i have no problem with you and in the past you have posted things i have agreed with myself im just like Seal said genuinely curious.

sooooomeeeee of those so-called sources can be really bad though i would NEVER use wikipedia as proof of something i could reference some really bad so-called sources on some pages i was just looking at the other day in fact to prove a point about that site at best it should be used as a starting point o go and do real research yourself THAT SAID i have not seen the page there and i feel like something like that opposed to an anime or video game or something might have a little more effort put into it
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:23 08/09/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
#69 Posted: 20:39:51 08/09/2022
Nope, not having it anymore.
---
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#70 Posted: 20:45:59 08/09/2022
Quote: TheFlyingSeal

i don't like keffals

[User Posted Image]

Ah, I see. So why did she block you on Twitter?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#71 Posted: 20:53:08 08/09/2022
WAIT DID SHE JUST GET SUSPENDED?????????
---
#72 Posted: 21:03:28 08/09/2022
just to be clear im totally on your guys side i hate kiwifarms and from everything you guys have said there is NO reason to be defending the place and no one SHOULD BE im just trying to learn more about it since i am definitely not an expert on this specific message board
---
#73 Posted: 21:03:39 08/09/2022

You must be new to the internet, my apologies for the assumption you knew how that site works. Wikipedia can be written and edited by anyone, and those who edit aren't always unbiased in their information (and neither are the citations for that matter.) So it can't be used as an reliable source of information. I hope I cleared that up for you.

Also, I'm not obtuse, I'm acute-y.
#74 Posted: 21:04:18 08/09/2022
^this is a joke?
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#75 Posted: 21:07:48 08/09/2022

You must be new to the internet, my apologies for the assumption you knew how that site works. Wikipedia can be written and edited by anyone, and those who edit aren't always unbiased in their information (and neither are the citations for that matter.) So it can't be used as an reliable source of information. I hope I cleared that up for you.

Also, I'm not obtuse, I'm acute-y.

What’s a more reliable source of information, Wikipedia or KiwiFarms? *thonk*
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#76 Posted: 21:33:04 08/09/2022
>openly antagonistic
>supports KF
>openly harasses a mod

buddy what are you trying to prove here other than youre a total dip****?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#77 Posted: 21:40:00 08/09/2022
You know what's funny is I only even learned about this place's existence a short while ago. Like, I heard about in a youtube video, looked up the site out of curiosity, and then a few days later it went down. I must've had some sort of magical purging effect by accident.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#78 Posted: 21:44:40 08/09/2022
everyone say thank u muffin man
#79 Posted: 21:46:36 08/09/2022
Quote: Vespi
>openly antagonistic
>supports KF
>openly harasses a mod

Shhh be nice, he’s just distressed that his safespace to harass, dox, and drive people to suicide has been taken offline. He’s clearly experiencing the second stage of grief.

And thank you muffin man <3
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:15 08/09/2022 by Bolt
#80 Posted: 21:50:22 08/09/2022
^^^^LMFAO
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#81 Posted: 21:52:44 08/09/2022
Thank you Muffin Man.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#82 Posted: 21:56:01 08/09/2022
Quote: Vespi
>openly antagonistic
>supports KF
>openly harasses a mod

None of those are true. I've been nothing but civil and kind, and I'd appreciate it if I could be extended the same courtesy.

Just because I stood up for the farms does not correlate to me supporting them. I only heard about this site due to the recent Keffals/KiwiFarms drama, so I decided to look into them more and do my own research on if these claims were true or not. After digging around on the site a bit, I came to my own conclusions. It's not my cup of tea, but honestly, it wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be. There was nothing illegal going on, so I didn't see why it should be censored and removed.

I'll stand up for the right for people to express themselves, no matter if I agree with them or not, no matter how heinous or absurd, as long as they're not complicit in breaking any laws, I'll be against ANY site getting shut down or censored.
#83 Posted: 22:03:32 08/09/2022
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh..... DOXXING IS ILLEGAL
---
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#84 Posted: 22:08:58 08/09/2022
Wow, this thread really brought out the ****ing crazies. I thank the Hunters for promptly getting rid of them.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:10 08/09/2022 by Beemo
#85 Posted: 22:09:14 08/09/2022
There was nothing “illegal” going on (besides the bomb threats that got the site taken down), but just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t make it morally good. I’ve known about the forum for years and I’ve seen how it’s users have doxxed and harassed people, driving them into mental breakdowns and in some cases suicide, which most people would agree is .. not good. I don’t agree with censorship either, but I don’t want to give these people a platform to hurt people even further. Sometimes the forum has resulted in getting legitimate criminals behind bars which I guess I have to give it credit for, but the majority of it is dedicated to targeting trans people, the lgbt+ community, etc. It’s become a cesspool of horrible people filled with hate and I’m glad to see it go. I do worry about where these people will end up now though.
---
I draw stuff.
#86 Posted: 22:11:27 08/09/2022
^reddit
---
#87 Posted: 22:12:47 08/09/2022
Yeah they’ll breach containment *shudder*
---
I draw stuff.
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#88 Posted: 22:14:16 08/09/2022 | Topic Creator
To clarify some stuff: The legality of doxxing is pretty dubious, it's not specifically illegal. Though KF's activity would fall under cyber stalking/harassement which is (obviously) illegal.
#89 Posted: 22:21:28 08/09/2022
depends on where you are in several states in america tehre are in fact state laws that render it illegal and even if not the action itself the result will be considered illegal ill double check my state
---
#90 Posted: 22:26:50 08/09/2022
It’s all new to society so it’s going to take awhile for legalities to catch up sadly ):
---
I draw stuff.
#91 Posted: 22:33:39 08/09/2022
New York

"Most of the time doxing will be covered under New York’s harassment laws. You can also acquire charges under New York’s stalking laws.

If you accessed any sites illegally while digging up your information then the prosecutor will have the option to charge you under New York’s hacking laws.

The law recognizes that the criminal infliction of emotional distress is both possible and capable of leading to real, physical harm.

There have already been doxing arrests in New York. For example, two men in Bergen County released the private information of over 30 law enforcement officers and prosecutors. One was charged with computer theft, unlawful access and copying of a database, doxing, stalking, and harassment. One was only charged with doxing.

And while going after law enforcement is certainly a move guaranteed to stir a response, going after regular civilians can be just as legally damaging."

https://www.nydefensecounsel.com/is-doxing-a-crime/

and a direct law that just makes the action itself of doxxing illegal is going through the process now

https://www.nysenate.gov/legis...?intent=support

sharing peoples information, picture, texts, whatever is not okay in any form and i do hope laws worldwide start to adapt these views as they seeeeeem to be now to prevent the kind of harm that can be done by this stuff and to be honest the banning of KF might actually help this along because it could bring attention to JUST that sort of problem
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#92 Posted: 23:40:36 08/09/2022
defending kf and misgendering double trouble, whew, thank you mods

On topic, doxxing isn't a crime everywhere - it should when it comes to information you're not finding easily - but death threats, harassment, abuse, etc. sure is. Everything they did to Chris-chan alone should put a lot of them in jail (her included unfortunately, but that's currently being done), let alone cases that went more unnoticed. They had a kill count.

Quote: Muffin Man
You know what's funny is I only even learned about this place's existence a short while ago. Like, I heard about in a youtube video, looked up the site out of curiosity, and then a few days later it went down. I must've had some sort of magical purging effect by accident.

thank you muffin man
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:51 08/09/2022 by Bifrost
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#93 Posted: 02:16:33 09/09/2022
damn why is everybody so angry about kiwi farms? kiwis are one of my fav fruits. i would love to see kiwi farms
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#94 Posted: 02:32:27 09/09/2022
Quote: Thunderdragon14
damn why is everybody so angry about kiwi farms? kiwis are one of my fav fruits. i would love to see kiwi farms

I prefer apples, strawberries, and bananas.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
#95 Posted: 03:04:03 09/09/2022
what about the bird a kiwi!

[User Posted Image]
---
#96 Posted: 03:36:45 09/09/2022
Wow I missed a literal dip****. Doxxing in the US (iirc Kiwifarms is most likely based at) is illegal and considered harassment if not encouragement of it. You need to be a actual criminal that enjoys doxxing to be out ignorant of it.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
kite Blue Sparx Gems: 987
#97 Posted: 04:57:05 09/09/2022
what about the bird a kiwi!

[User Posted Image]

Too pure, too good, very undeserving of the slander this hellsite put on them.
---
case closed
#98 Posted: 05:19:51 09/09/2022
^they are maddingly adorable creatures they truly truly are and i think that site should be considered slander to their name to be honest
---
#99 Posted: 10:10:45 09/09/2022
We need to donate to Kiwi sanctuaries, to beg for forgiveness about allowing a atrocity of a site to have their blessed name.
---
icon from Empoh
#100 Posted: 10:55:38 09/09/2022
^here some kiwi https://www.kiwibird.co.nz/ http://kiwihouse.org.nz/about-us/donate
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me