Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What is your job topic
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1 Posted: 06:12:01 04/08/2022 | Topic Creator
I am an it cybersecurity intern at a fortune 500 company which is a fancy way of saying I read emails and reset passwords
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#2 Posted: 00:16:34 05/08/2022
i currently work odd jobs and for an indie development doing animation work because i am currently unable to have a job because of physical limitation and psychiatric problems namely brought on by an illness i have/had through the course of 2020/2021 before that i worked for Amazon and regrettably jeff bezos for 7 years and right after i was somehow selected as fit for a position in medical service which i worked for a little bit before my illness teamed up with my brain and body and agreed that the answer to continue was NO
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#3 Posted: 18:05:00 05/08/2022
Medical scientist employed in molecular diagnostics testing for respiratory viruses.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#4 Posted: 18:28:04 05/08/2022
veterinary technician and i also work at a lowe's warehouse picking/operating high reach forklifts
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#5 Posted: 00:11:17 06/08/2022
i'm a customer support agent. if that offends you, i understand.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#6 Posted: 01:45:28 06/08/2022
Quote: YesterdayFemmey

i hope you are OK. my mom was one for a while and my god the stories she would tell. it sounds terrible
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#7 Posted: 02:11:25 06/08/2022
Quote: Thunderdragon14
Quote: YesterdayFemmey

i hope you are OK. my mom was one for a while and my god the stories she would tell. it sounds terrible

honestly, thank you. i'm, uh... hanging in there, lol. been at this for some years now, and it is, indeed, terrible.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#8 Posted: 02:22:30 06/08/2022
like you get to know
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#9 Posted: 02:34:44 06/08/2022
I draw furries.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#10 Posted: 13:18:55 06/08/2022
I'm a biochem PhD student! ...The university is paying me to go there so it kind of counts, right?
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#11 Posted: 01:24:13 07/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShadowMewX
I'm a biochem PhD student! ...The university is paying me to go there so it kind of counts, right?

do you do lab work and get paid for it?
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#12 Posted: 01:09:48 09/08/2022
i list items for sale online right now. it's a temp job, but that works with my plans. very friendly environment and i will be sad to leave
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#13 Posted: 22:58:10 26/08/2022
I'm a telemarketer because I'm annoying!
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#14 Posted: 09:39:27 28/08/2022
I've been looking at getting into IT, but as somebody who's been relying on milquetoast online courses with barely any work experience, the credentials usually don't meet the standard on most job posting platforms, and I'd rather wait to make up my mind and have something to fall back on before throwing 3+ years of my life studying something that could end up pushing me to drop out... So long story short, I'm unemployed. Probably my fault that I'm a lazy dumbass when it comes to this type of thing.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#15 Posted: 12:23:32 28/08/2022
I teach people english with customized classes, which in practice ends up being "how do you translate....like... feijoada" and it's not as customized as I thought they'd want it to be

That's my day job of course, otherwise i do the art
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:23:50 28/08/2022 by Bifrost
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#16 Posted: 19:26:00 28/08/2022
Quote: Robo-Spyro
I'd rather wait to make up my mind and have something to fall back on before throwing 3+ years of my life studying something that could end up pushing me to drop out...

I don't care what anyone says, this.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#17 Posted: 22:59:46 28/08/2022
I've been looking at getting into IT, but as somebody who's been relying on milquetoast online courses with barely any work experience, the credentials usually don't meet the standard on most job posting platforms, and I'd rather wait to make up my mind and have something to fall back on before throwing 3+ years of my life studying something that could end up pushing me to drop out... So long story short, I'm unemployed. Probably my fault that I'm a lazy dumbass when it comes to this type of thing.

It's very possible to get into IT without a degree, it depends on what you're specifically looking for though. A lot of the minimum requirements for IT jobs can be skirted with a good portfolio. Work on some personal projects and put together a good Github page of your work and that will help you immensely.
(Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, I just dabble in web dev. That has the lowest bar of entry from what I've seen.)
#18 Posted: 23:20:57 28/08/2022 | Topic Creator

Support desk is entry level. And then you can go up from there. If you start small in it you can eventually build up into bigger positions without a degree
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#19 Posted: 00:25:05 29/08/2022

you can try Udemy if you have some money the certificates they offer you can in fact help you get a better job placement percentage and some of the courses arent even that long depending on what you want to get into you caan absolutely get and IT job without a degree OR experience i know someone perosnally who literally just did that took some classes provided by the job i believe even and then landed it

Quote: Bifrost
I teach people english with customized classes, which in practice ends up being "how do you translate....like... feijoada" and it's not as customized as I thought they'd want it to be

That's my day job of course, otherwise i do the art

where can i sign up for you english class bifrost
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#20 Posted: 22:55:26 23/08/2023 | Topic Creator
I start a cyber security position at a government job in a week
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#21 Posted: 03:48:07 24/08/2023
^Congrats!

Quote: somePerson

Yep the university pays my tuition and gives me a monthly stipend for my expenses! And I run all my own experiments for my project under the guidance of my PI. smilie My project has evolved into studying oxygen-sensing proteins and the way they regulate biofilms in bacteria!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#22 Posted: 15:58:43 24/08/2023 | Topic Creator
^Congrats!

Quote: somePerson

Yep the university pays my tuition and gives me a monthly stipend for my expenses! And I run all my own experiments for my project under the guidance of my PI. :D My project has evolved into studying oxygen-sensing proteins and the way they regulate biofilms in bacteria!

What kind of projects do you do? It sounds so interesting
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me