Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Mod Note: On Bumping Topics [STICKY]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#1 Posted: 23:15:02 24/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Lately I've been noticing egregious bumping of topics that are days/weeks/even months old that are just clogging up the front page and are drowning out new posts. I've been getting reports from people that are getting tired of it. From now on, I'm banning bumping topics that are two-three+ months old unless you have a very good reason to. I know S&N is more relaxed than the other parts of the site, but it's getting a bit ridiculous.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:24:21 27/06/2022 by JCW555
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2 Posted: 23:44:12 24/06/2022
thank you
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#3 Posted: 00:21:16 25/06/2022
i bumped a few old topics recently i normally only bump when i have something to say worth saying and isnt worth a new topic but i dont pay much attention to the date just a page or 2 back
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4 Posted: 02:01:42 25/06/2022
Thanks for doing this. It was getting tiring and I really don't see the point in doing it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:25 25/06/2022 by HeyitsHotDog
#5 Posted: 02:11:19 25/06/2022
i think it was mostly just me who did it wasnt it though i mean ill refrain then but normally there was like multiple days of silence that preceded it so i figured why not if that is the case im honored by the sticky topic kind of i feel somewhat acknowledged!

oh though you might want to put a note for exceptions for certain topics like the drawing/art thread or the dream topic if those are still allowed but they often go some time between posts and since theyre not stickied themselves
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:29:53 25/06/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#6 Posted: 03:22:41 25/06/2022
i'm genuinely not sure what's better about a front page full of old topics that have not been bumped than old topics that have been, cause that's usually what it is otherwise, but... okay
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#7 Posted: 19:29:02 25/06/2022
Don't bump topics
Posting simply with the intention of bringing a topic to the top of the board without adding anything of significance to it is disruptive to the flow of the forum and will usually result in the deletion of your post. Topics close automatically after a certain amount of time (the time varies for each board) to prevent this from being as much of a problem as it could be but if a topic is near the bottom and is still open it is likely the potential conversation has run out already. Reviving old arguments is really not a good idea.
In the game specific boards where you may be looking for clarification on a past conversation please feel free to post in the older topics.

Don't spam
Pointless messages aren't useful, these will be deleted. The "Stuff and Nonsense" board is a section that is more lenient on spam but it does still fall under all the other rules. Advertising is counted as spam but is still not allowed on Stuff and Nonsense.

These 2 rules are constantly being broken and discourages users from posting as well by killing topics because they are either buried in another page or buried in a bunch of double posts. Just because you find it fun doesn't mean others find it fun
#8 Posted: 19:35:15 25/06/2022
no one really posts regardless but okay!
---
#9 Posted: 20:09:45 25/06/2022
Quote: somePerson
Don't bump topics
Posting simply with the intention of bringing a topic to the top of the board without adding anything of significance to it is disruptive to the flow of the forum and will usually result in the deletion of your post. Topics close automatically after a certain amount of time (the time varies for each board) to prevent this from being as much of a problem as it could be but if a topic is near the bottom and is still open it is likely the potential conversation has run out already. Reviving old arguments is really not a good idea.
In the game specific boards where you may be looking for clarification on a past conversation please feel free to post in the older topics.

Don't spam
Pointless messages aren't useful, these will be deleted. The "Stuff and Nonsense" board is a section that is more lenient on spam but it does still fall under all the other rules. Advertising is counted as spam but is still not allowed on Stuff and Nonsense.

These 2 rules are constantly being broken and discourages users from posting as well by killing topics because they are either buried in another page or buried in a bunch of double posts. Just because you find it fun doesn't mean others find it fun

cool, who asked?
---
#10 Posted: 20:26:20 25/06/2022
i just want to note because i couldnt tell above how you meant it to be directed but Danny has never broken either one of those two rules Danny doesnt bump old topics or “spam” you posted that after his last post but im really the only one who does that so please direct any passive agressions about it at me because it should be a me problem and Danny should not be guilty due to association and i also said i would stop so your problem has been resolved in a way you want
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:51 25/06/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
#11 Posted: 03:43:38 26/06/2022
hey, does this apply to the sub forums too? because most of the forum games and i think all of the RPs haven't been posted in for over 3 weeks.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#12 Posted: 10:11:28 26/06/2022
I'm kind of sick about how some users are getting randomly passive aggressive about not bumping topics. Like just don't bump topics. Doesn't matter if people "don't post regardless" it's just off putting and annoying to bump topics that at this point of inactivity months old off of the 2nd page. Especially getting randomly passive aggressive thinking the mods are just targeting you 2, when I just checked a few more topics and there's other users doing such as well, that almost gave me a heart attack because a certain kind of rancid user came back.

On top of being a snark for someone pointing out the rules completely not to target people but general reminder. :/
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#13 Posted: 10:42:45 26/06/2022
im never passive aggressive someperson seemed to specifically target Danny who has never done it and the rules here are rarely followed or enforced apparently other than by dark when it comes to the very inappropriate content that some of you guys have been posting on this board and yeah some people have told me they thought the bump shenanigans were funny so its not like a universal everyone hated it i run my own boards a little different than here a little more loose

also never accused the mods of targeting me or Danny i dont think they are i only have accused certain users of that ( if you want me to be direct someperson and drednaw) if anything in the past i have only ever benefitted from the mods

also from me there has been no snark in this topic and i dont mind the bump rule being enforced it is what it is i only did it to make the place more active which in fact did work a few times just not recently i have been serious entirely with my posts in here no snark text it is not the best format for trying to read into what someone means or feels so to clear that up there was no snark and i literally cannot figure out what about anything i or Danny said was passive aggressive we were pretty direct
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:51:37 26/06/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
#14 Posted: 10:57:23 26/06/2022
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
im never passive aggressive someperson seemed to specifically target Danny who has never done it and the rules here are rarely followed or enforced apparently other than by dark when it comes to the very inappropriate content that some of you guys have been posting on this board and yeah some people have told me they thought the bump shenanigans were funny so its not like a universal everyone hated it i run my own boards a little different than here a little more loose

also never accused the mods of targeting me or Danny i dont think they are i only have accused certain users of that if anything in the past i have only ever benefitted from the mods

also from me there has been no snark in this topic and i dont mind the bump rule being enforced it is what it is i only did it to make the place more active which in fact did work a few times just not recently i have been serious entirely with my posts in here no snark tree it is not the best format for trying to read into what someone means or feels so to clear that up there was no snark

Then what was up with this post right here?
no one really posts regardless but okay!

Because that came off hella passive aggressive.

Also SP straight up did not target anyone here. If you reread it's just the rules copy pasted and him stating that those 2 rules are constantly being broken by users and it just has an affect on other users that might post.
Quote: somePerson

Idk who tells you that bumping topics is fun, but rn it's kind of overdone. It's a repeated gag beaten to the grave. Also it really doesn't make the place more active, maybe more to you, but in general no not really. It's been a graveyard since and now, you just added literal daisies that aren't going to be watered. While being randomly defensive in weird ways.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#15 Posted: 11:01:53 26/06/2022
first post was legitimate… if it came of passive aggressive to you i am sorry but it was not i will be more careful with my wording then

he said it after Dannys post and did not quote me therefore it made it appear as if he was including Danny in that which i only went on to point out he should only be blaming me for it

i have been told it was funny yes and i said no not recently but my active posting has gotten other users to post in the past i mean j can go back and try to find examples but they are there

also not defensive because i have no defense i did what i did i only tried to defend Danny because he did not do what i did and to me thats normal not weird

i dont have any reason to argue with you trix and i do not want to
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:03:34 26/06/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
#16 Posted: 11:07:00 26/06/2022
So you literally went after SP, because you assumed he was targetting via posting directly after Danny when no that's not the case? You do realize that does make you super defensive. Especially when Danny posted "Kay, who asked" which is dead ass passive aggressive by nature.

Usually I would not be arguing and letting bygones be bygones but like. Some behaviors are just oddly there and unwarranted when ya know, I really hope people can do better than being randomly jabby at others.
---
icon from Empoh
#17 Posted: 11:14:04 26/06/2022
dannys comment seems directly aggressive to me no passive but i see what you could mean i didnt go at someperson but someperson over the last few months has gone at me and Danny i simply pointed out to him that IF he was grouping Danny in with me that is incorrect IF i was being defensive it was only for Danny which is just me with him on daily basis i would like to point out that i personally also have no problem with someperson i do not dislike someperson i do not like to or want to argue with someperson and i do not think negatively of someperson or think he is a bad person i do not even know him and he doesnt know me he seems to not like me but if he wanted to be friends or at least make an effort to get along i would be okay with that too
---
#18 Posted: 19:26:27 26/06/2022
"Just because you find it fun doesn't mean others find it fun"
more or less makes it evident this was in response to either myself or lindsey. it could have been a generic you, but context implies it wasn't if we're being honest.

lindsey admitted to doing it, clearly demonstrating that she understands the subject, and said she would refrain.

i said i don't understand why x is better than y. this doesn't require an explanation, as it was really an expression of opinion, although i could understand why it might be interpreted otherwise if not, again, for context. "and discourages users from posting as well by killing topics because they are either buried in another page or buried in a bunch of double posts" is the only part of sp's post that actually offers an explanation as to why such and such is a problem, and it not only doesn't address what i said, but it practically denies the existence of it because it implies that there are topics to be buried, when my point is that there just aren't, because when topics aren't getting bumped there are usually a few at the top that get new posts and the rest of the page is dead topics.

on the other hand, if sp was in fact just speaking to the generic "you" and he just enjoys serving as jcw's personal interpreter, then i suppose he may by all means, and i in which case apologize for the snark. still kinda feels like mini modding though...

and finally, i don't bump topics, so if you have a problem with what i said in this topic that's fine, but let's not treat me as guilty by association, please and thank you.
---
#19 Posted: 20:54:09 26/06/2022
tbh that literally is a generic you, it's just Lindsey admitted that she does it for fun sometimes. Vespi also took part in bumping topics too. Or at least the strangest one to bump.

Knowing SP, he usually speaks for himself not really on behalf of others. It just appears that both SP and JCW share similar opinions on the subject. SP just kind of explained it more. Further more, you do realize SP's post doesn't seem really like a reply to you. It seems to be a more in general rules posting. But I can see how it can be seen as a reply. Idk I just keep in mind people will post after and it would not be about me. After all it's not "Post thoughts on the user above you". While I can see it feel mini modding it could just be a lil rule drop here. We're all guilty of a rule drop here and there. Though I can't really argue feelings because feelings be feelings.

Also noted. My bad.
---
icon from Empoh
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#20 Posted: 21:53:01 26/06/2022
we should just all say "ok" to the post and agree to not bump old topics. lets get along smilie
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#21 Posted: 22:08:19 26/06/2022
its funny because i think most of have in the first few posts yet we are somehow still here lol i do agree i do not like it when people fight and i would much rather we all at least attempt to come together and get along like you said
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#22 Posted: 23:15:45 26/06/2022
sorry! i've bumped stuff in past and didn't realize it was annoying! will avoid doing that from now on
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#23 Posted: 00:52:09 27/06/2022
that quote in my post was from sp. him saying that doesn't seem like a generic you, idk maybe i'm wrong, but it sure came across that way. that is why i felt like he was replying to me or to lindsey, which, if so, i find to be unnecessary. if he was just stating it as a fact generically then i don't really care.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#24 Posted: 01:30:33 27/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Everyone please calm down.

To answer a question, this does not apply to the Role Play section because even when that area was active, there was sometimes months between posts in certain roleplays. Forum Games is basically the wild west, so do whatever. I don't think in my near decade as mod I've ever removed a post in that section.

For things like the art thread, selfie thread, Flight Rising, again, use your best judgement. If the art thread hasn't been posted in a few months, and you have a piece of art ready to go, go ahead and post it! Same thing applies to the other two.

Also adjusted the timeframe in the OP.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:32:54 27/06/2022 by JCW555
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#25 Posted: 15:39:33 28/06/2022
uh oh. genuinely didn’t see that first lmao

anyways go ahead and ban me for it bc im probably gonna keep doing it and i really don’t give a ****
#26 Posted: 18:24:24 28/06/2022
oh no vespi dont be banned! forgive vespi she didnt mean to break the new rule!
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#27 Posted: 19:09:37 28/06/2022
oh no vespi dont be banned! forgive vespi she didnt mean to break the new rule!

nah fam it’s good im a big girl i can **** around and find out
#28 Posted: 19:20:22 28/06/2022
for real though if you really didnt know it should be simple enough to forgive of course so long as you didnt do it again
---
#29 Posted: 01:58:42 29/06/2022
Quote: Vespi
uh oh. genuinely didn’t see that first lmao

anyways go ahead and ban me for it bc im probably gonna keep doing it and i really don’t give a ****

[User Posted Image]

You will be bonked!
---
icon from Empoh
#30 Posted: 07:49:23 29/06/2022
that emoji is so cute and so painful
---
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#31 Posted: 01:45:00 02/07/2022
hey jcw, i have a very good reason to egregiously bump the oldest topics of the board

the post reply button is still available
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#32 Posted: 13:21:09 05/07/2022
am i the only one who does not give a **** if old topics are bumped
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#33 Posted: 06:01:29 09/08/2022
everyone please be nice to jcw he is just doing his job
#34 Posted: 07:22:15 09/08/2022
ill vote for JCW for election if you want
---
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#35 Posted: 07:34:02 09/08/2022
Quote: Jaggedstar
am i the only one who does not give a **** if old topics are bumped

I'm with you. It doesn't bother me at all, but I guess some people just need something to complain about. I don't bump topics, nor do I have an issue with people doing it. It's whatever though.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me