Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémans for All Purposes (don't talk about Dexit I guess)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
Pokémans for All Purposes (don't talk about Dexit I guess)
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#251 Posted: 21:30:42 31/05/2022
[User Posted Image]
triple shiny in 1 massive mass outbreak!

Of the same evo line
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#252 Posted: 22:28:30 31/05/2022
cant wait for people to trash talk a game that they wont play
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#253 Posted: 10:38:40 01/06/2022
Quote: Drednaw
Masuda has stepped down as Managing Director

congratulations, you bullied a man into retirement with false rape accusations and constant harrasment. hope you're happy

he’s becoming chief creative fellow so not really retirement
---
Soon.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#254 Posted: 13:22:20 01/06/2022 | Topic Creator

Here it is

Pros because they're few:
-Legendaries are SICK, it's been a while since they're this immediately striking
-Nemona should be the player character, she looks cool
-OLIVE
-teacher professor hot(both)
-Fuecoco continues to be the best boy
-The UI is a little better
-piggu

Cons...Ahhh:
-Wow it looks worse than the reveal trailer
-Byeeee Legends gameplay, it was nice knowing ya
-The terrain also looks worse than Legends holy ****! At least it had forests with different colors!
-The following pokémon are once again lagging behind forever
-as a Cryogonal fan, who asked for Cryogonal
-I know they usually reveal the gimmick by the second trailer, kinda odd it isn't here
-Co-op with the Switch's usual online lol
-No seriously did they drop the Legends gameplay when it was proven to work better than main games

Alright got it out of my system, see you guys on the sonic discussion later
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:40:25 01/06/2022 by Bifrost
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#255 Posted: 14:35:49 01/06/2022
im glad they're not doing the strong/agile style gameplay bc that gets unbalanced very quickly

but the overworld catching is fun, until mons run away for no reason (seriously it sucks that they just disappear into the void)

new pokemon look great, can't wait for the legendaries to be motorbikes (hope miraidon isnt psychic type)

following mons are great but they're implemented so poorly again that i dont care

character customization looks barebones, please show some non uniforms

graphics are... awful. im gonna try stop caring about graphics in this series because its not gonna be good for a while

they used smol and chonk in pokemon names unironically... interesting

human characters look good

still picking sprigatito
---
Soon.
#256 Posted: 16:02:51 01/06/2022
Gilmon is in pokemon finally
#257 Posted: 16:57:03 01/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Stay hoes mad, then

I can enjoy olive, piggu, questionable silhouette dragon and bike dragon separate from the game
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:26 01/06/2022 by Bifrost
#258 Posted: 21:12:05 01/06/2022
damn SV looks good
also
weed cat kneads
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
#259 Posted: 02:59:16 02/06/2022
[User Posted Image]

The legendaries look like bikes, so someone made a yugioh 5Ds edit of them as bikes
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
#260 Posted: 19:18:17 03/06/2022
[User Posted Image]

Hold up!? What is this
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
#261 Posted: 13:10:05 04/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Unless the twitter didn't get the joke...
---
#262 Posted: 22:36:03 09/06/2022
James Turner has also left GF

so that's two devs the fandom demonized and harassed into leaving

how long until someone at GF commits suicide due to fandom attacks? this is why i don't like talking with you guys about this ****

screw people having jobs they made game bad >:(
#263 Posted: 12:29:40 10/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Considering he left and immediately announced the highlight of Summer Games Fest(The Plucky Squire), he sounds like he's doing just fine and just didn't want to be crunched into a paper ball.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:30:02 10/06/2022 by Bifrost
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1750
#264 Posted: 16:33:10 03/08/2022

New Scarlet and Violet news. Wow it looks good
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#265 Posted: 17:07:04 03/08/2022
hough this game looks like ass

co op looks absolutely atrocious, new gimmick is genuinely the least inspired thing ive ever seen, and im sooooooo sick of open world but it gets bonus points for not being the cartridge diarrhea that was legends arceus which is unpleasant enough to own let alone play. anyways just like superhero movies, open world games are something im so sick of seeing in the gaming industry, why does everything have to be open world now it extremely rarely adds to the experience

still gonna pick it up bc every time a switch game has looked awful by my standards i ended up enjoying it but this genuinely does NOT look good in almost any way to me, but at least im just apathetic towards it rather than dreading it
#266 Posted: 21:05:35 03/08/2022 | Topic Creator
It looks bad and the framerate gets even worse when the pokémon are crystallized, but y'know, the region is good and they did bring stuff over from Isle of Armor and Legends! A bit is better than nothing

The difficulty scaling not being a thing apparently though, oof, whewf
---
#267 Posted: 21:53:38 03/08/2022
Quote: Bifrost
It looks bad and the framerate gets even worse when the pokémon are crystallized, but y'know, the region is good and they did bring stuff over from Isle of Armor and Legends! A bit is better than nothing

The difficulty scaling not being a thing apparently though, oof, whewf

what would difficulty scaling add to the experience? i get that having level 100 pokemon and wanting to have a challenge is wanted but the thing about pokemon is that most players in the story will have a team of differing levels. this is because the game encourages you to catch pokemon levels below your team and having to raise them.

where would the levels scale to? would it go to the first pokemon in your party? then whats the point in using your underleveled mons when only the strong ones matter. but if you do want to use your newly caught pokemon you have to grind to a certain point where they become even with your best mon. and then cyle continues of countless grinding session because one gym is made up of grass types and your fire type starter is destroying it. if it scaled to your lowest party member then what? it just becomes too easy.

the thing about scaling is that it doesn't really help the feeling of adventure that this game can bring. it doesn't make any sense that a wild bidoof would suddenly become the same levels of strength that a wild dragonite has. one of the best feelings in RPGs is being able to destroy lower tier folks after getting stronger. but if the enemy is always getting stronger then what sense of progression is there for you? lets use the game xenoblade chronicles as an example. it is an open world RPG and within the first 5 minutes of the starting area, you can fight level 1 frogs right? pretty easy to beat. but if you continue on a little longer you can see a giant monster that is level 40. naturally, you run into it and get destroyed because you are at a scrub level. but instead, you choose to avoid the fight and continue on. now that you are within the same levels of the giant monster you finally overcome it after x amount of hours of playing. isn't the idea of overcoming challenges more fun than just having youngster joey becoming more and more of a threat every time you beat a gym?

plus in the new game if gyms don't scale doesn't it sound fun to lose to a gym and then return later on after getting stronger? or having the satisfaction of overcoming the odds and beating them with pokemon who are 10 levels under?

now lets use the perfect game to ever come out this year called elden ring. you know whats great about elden ring? there's no level scaling in the game. the same rules apply to it. you can go off wherever in the game and some enemies are weaker than others because yeah why would a naked goblin man be as strong as a horse demon. and elden ring is one of the most open open world games in my opinion. there's a route that is recommended level wise but there are also shortcuts you can uncover to reach the enemies who are way too strong. i assume pokemon is gonna be much like elden ring with this way of difficulty.

tbh it really seems like the level scaling complaint was an idea that someone had and everybody just hopped on board because it was new and different.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#268 Posted: 07:57:04 04/08/2022
Game looks amazing, although I'm not quite feeling that new battle gimmick as much as I do for mega evolution even if it does look pretty. Looks like the ridable legendaries will work the same way as the ride Pokemon from Legends Arceus combined together which I was hoping for.

But most importantly
[User Posted Image]
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#269 Posted: 16:31:47 04/08/2022
unpopular opinion here- i don't like bread dog, the name is stupid and he has a noticable chin that kinda bugs me. i'm like the only person who doesn't like him lmao

based on the leaks i'm very exclited to see the evo on wooper.

you’re a horrible person and you disgust me
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#270 Posted: 09:47:54 29/11/2022
No one has nothing to say about Scarlet/Violet?
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#271 Posted: 12:11:46 29/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Halvmorke

story good, glitches horrid. I think it descended into despair that this game got the most sales out of the series period despite its current state, since it's a very Disney movie feeling that positive or negative thoughts don't change a thing.
---
#272 Posted: 16:21:16 29/11/2022
Quote: Halvmorke

Discord server is where people talk now
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#273 Posted: 18:38:09 05/12/2022
haha funny glitches funny thats what i have to say
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me