Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémans for All Purposes (don't talk about Dexit I guess)
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Pokémans for All Purposes (don't talk about Dexit I guess)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1 Posted: 12:41:12 21/08/2021 | Topic Creator
Oh baby, a triple, awww yeahhh

[User Posted Image]

If the last one got closed, then here's a new one I'll probably forget for weeks at a time, but you can talk on it as long as you're not picking fights.
We know the problems with the franchise, TPC isn't gonna change because we yelled at each other on a Spyro forum.

Next Games:
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - Way too Early (Nov 18th)

[User Posted Image]
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 13:52:31 01/06/2022 by Bifrost
#2 Posted: 12:48:15 22/08/2021 | Topic Creator
This is where I'd post news not previously discussed

if we had them
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3 Posted: 14:25:15 22/08/2021
Better not mention a certain game studio....one that has proven they are really lazy and pokemon fans should stop buying their games......
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#4 Posted: 18:44:22 22/08/2021
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Better not mention a certain game studio....one that has proven they are really lazy and pokemon fans should stop buying their games......

I don't get the narrative of poke dude company being lazy. They have to meet super harsh deadlines with little funding because the video games don't make as much money as the merch. They have to play it safe because they want guaranteed money. This is why I hope arceus is successful because of how much of a risk it is. Sure it doesn't look like a game that took half a decade to come out but it's something.

Plus saying a company is lazy seems kinda rude. Because japan is notorious for overworking people. Saying that they are lazy kinda just shows a lack of understanding of how to criticize a game.

Lazy implies that they just sit in the office all day and mess around. I don't think a japanese office job with 100 employees that has to meet a super high quota and strict deadline has time to do that.

instead of comparing it to botw where it room 5 years to make and also had another game studio helping out that is also another genre. Game freak is by themselves for this one.a better comparison would be smt v. The other open world game about catching monsters
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:05:13 22/08/2021 by somePerson
#5 Posted: 19:11:19 22/08/2021
How is GF not lazy? Just a reminder they've been reusing the same game models for several gens now. Oh how evil of me to criticise a big corporation, I'm sure TPC are crying in their sleep tonight

Quote:
Sure it doesn't look like a game that took half a decade to come out but it's something

Quote:
instead of comparing it to botw where it room 5 years to make and also had another game studio helping out that is also another genre. Game freak is by themselves for this one.a better comparison would be smt v. The other open world game about catching monsters

[User Posted Image]

That comparison just makes them look worse, and wtf how are GF by themselves? GF aren't a tiny indie studio, they literally have over 100 employees
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:18:07 22/08/2021 by Blackholes_Wolf
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#6 Posted: 19:28:33 22/08/2021
Honestly, dude, the entire reason the previous topic was closed is that we don't want to argue about Gamefreak and their competency as a game studio. So if you don't intend to play the game, I say don't bother posting.

All you are doing is whining about something that won't even affect you because you don't intend to get the game. On top of that, no one wants to hear it.

At this point, just stop, because all you doing is making yourself look bad.

While it may be flawed, a majority of us are excited about the game. GF is entering new territory and that's something to be happy about. Is it perfect? No, but I'm excited by the game and think it's best to be optimistic about it and the future of the series.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:31 22/08/2021 by HeyitsHotDog
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#7 Posted: 19:43:55 22/08/2021
Do some people not realise that Pokemon is a billion dollar franchise because they don't only make video games? There's a long running anime with several movies, multiple manga adaptations, spinoff games, endless lines of toys and merch for 800-900 creatures and a trading card game among other things.
#8 Posted: 20:14:36 22/08/2021
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
How is GF not lazy? Just a reminder they've been reusing the same game models for several gens now. Oh how evil of me to criticise a big corporation, I'm sure TPC are crying in their sleep tonight

Quote:
Sure it doesn't look like a game that took half a decade to come out but it's something

Quote:

[User Posted Image]

That comparison just makes them look worse, and wtf how are GF by themselves? GF aren't a tiny indie studio, they literally have over 100 employees

reusing models is more efficient to making a game than making 1000 more of them. Do you really think games make everything from scratch? That just seems like a huge waste of time, money, and resources. No other game has ever reuse resources from last games like botw 2, monster hunter, smt, the sims, etc. It's a pretty common practice for the video game industry.

A better complaint can be that pokebuddies reusing models isn't being taken advantage of because the models don't really interact with the game. They usually just stand, walk, get hit, attack. It's not much. Like imagine how cool it would be for different pokelads to have one unique attack animation. Like how cinderace kick a rock for it's attack. What if arbok using bite looked more like a snake slithering up and striking.

I'm not defending game freak and I never attacked you or called you evil for dissing the game. I'm just saying your critique is lackluster because you don't try to explain your critique. Like imagine going to a hotel. The hotel room stinks. The bathrooms are dirty. The bed had bloodstains. Etc. The hotel asks you "how was your experience?" And you reply with "it was bad". How is the hotel suppose to know it was bad? You just said it was bad and nothing else. Not how the rooms were stinky, bathrooms were dirty, etc.

Yeah smt v looks a lot better than pokemans that's the point of me saying it. See how much stronger your claim of a game being bad is when you don't screech out "game lazy" and actually explain why it's bad.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:45 22/08/2021 by somePerson
#9 Posted: 20:28:36 22/08/2021
[User Posted Image]

Here I drew a mudkip, besides whats wrong with criticizing GF? You don't want better mainline pokemon games?
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:42:51 22/08/2021 by Blackholes_Wolf
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#10 Posted: 23:30:56 22/08/2021
I don't think GF is lazy, I have no reason to think they are. I definitely think Pokemon has grown a lot slower than other series such as Mario and Zelda, though (in terms of quality and such) Also isn't ILCA making BDSP? So that's not even gamefreak. People should buy pokemon games if they want to buy pokemon games, hopefully legends Arceus will give gamefreak a push to maybe improve the formula more drastically next generation
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#11 Posted: 23:34:30 22/08/2021
Quote: Strawberry15
I don't think GF is lazy, I have no reason to think they are. I definitely think Pokemon has grown a lot slower than other series such as Mario and Zelda, though (in terms of quality and such) Also isn't ILCA making BDSP? So that's not even gamefreak. People should buy pokemon games if they want to buy pokemon games, hopefully legends Arceus will give gamefreak a push to maybe improve the formula more drastically next generation

A separate studio is making BDSP, yeah. GF is focusing its efforts on Legends.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#12 Posted: 07:48:57 23/08/2021
Looks like BDSP's origin mark (the symbol on the stat screen that tells you which game it originated from) has been revealed.
[User Posted Image]
#13 Posted: 07:54:32 23/08/2021
Quote: alicecarp
Looks like BDSP's origin mark (the symbol on the stat screen that tells you which game it originated from) has been revealed.
[User Posted Image]

What game is boof from
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:12:15 23/08/2021 by somePerson
#14 Posted: 13:18:38 23/08/2021
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Strawberry15

A separate studio is making BDSP, yeah. GF is focusing its efforts on Legends.

Yeah they needed that extra manpower to add more N64 trees

Quote: Drednaw
rent
free

[User Posted Image]
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#15 Posted: 13:58:30 23/08/2021
Please cool down on the disagreements I just wanna talk about how cute Gible is ):
---
Twinkies and 2hus
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#16 Posted: 14:47:47 23/08/2021
the pokemon legend cards have really cool art

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#17 Posted: 17:50:25 23/08/2021
I'm honestly more excited for BDSP then I am Legends. I'm kind of burnt out on big open world video games, but gen 4 had some of my best memories as a kid playing games so I'm very glad BDSP are shaping up to be competent and interesting remakes, as opposed to a 1:1 copy like most of us, myself included, initially thought
#18 Posted: 18:30:58 23/08/2021
I'm just worried about the replayability of legends. like do the wild pokemon scale up with you? Is there gonna be a story or is it gonna be like botw where the story doesn't exist and it's all about exploring? Is it gonna be more than 20 hours long?
#19 Posted: 22:27:09 23/08/2021 | Topic Creator
Legends Cards art is very good but i'm very partial to the gay variants

[User Posted Image]
---
#20 Posted: 12:11:56 24/08/2021 | Topic Creator
what do you have against rainbow aegislash
---
#21 Posted: 17:07:46 24/08/2021
Quote: Bifrost
Legends Cards art is very good but i'm very partial to the gay variants

heck yeah, those are rad!
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#22 Posted: 20:21:10 07/09/2021
man, the whole concept of mythicals sucks. not the mons themselves, a lot of them are cool, but like... you better have gotten this one code in october 2016 or you'll never have a volcanion

and it sucks we cant shiny hunt them like in gen 4
---
Soon.
#23 Posted: 20:32:35 07/09/2021
Quote: emeraldzoroark
man, the whole concept of mythicals sucks. not the mons themselves, a lot of them are cool, but like... you better have gotten this one code in october 2016 or you'll never have a volcanion

and it sucks we cant shiny hunt them like in gen 4

its why I dislike the idea of the box legendary not being catchable that some older fans want. punishing players for not playing a game at the release date is really dumb and harsh
#24 Posted: 07:39:44 08/09/2021
I never got my first Zarude code or any of the newsletters for that matter even though I was subscribed for a while.
I wish obtaining all mythicals was like getting Magearna in the Alola games where you can get it whenever you want even after those games stopped being relevant.
#25 Posted: 18:17:54 14/09/2021
how's the scalping situation going on in everyone's areas?

for us, i've noticed pokemon vending machines pop up. looks like a lot of stores still aren't selling them, though
---
#26 Posted: 05:46:53 15/09/2021
Quote: Drednaw
still not that many cards in my area

my stores just straight up stopped selling any trading cards. only way to get pokemon cards now is to go to barnes and noble and ask for the ones at the counter
#27 Posted: 19:55:37 17/09/2021
...ew
---
Soon.
#28 Posted: 07:34:51 19/09/2021
gen 9, when we can hunt it for real maybe
---
Soon.
#29 Posted: 17:13:45 28/09/2021
I like his design. Like a traditional japanese axe man
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#30 Posted: 21:05:43 11/10/2021
Basculegion gives me life
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#31 Posted: 02:47:05 12/10/2021
omg i have not been keeping up with new pokemon but yes

[User Posted Image]
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#32 Posted: 23:04:42 17/10/2021
Playing Pokemon Sword but with a brand new challenge

Pokemon Illiterate Sword

Rules
Play through a Pokemon Game but the catch is that the language the game is in CANNOT be a language I speak, and I am not allowed to look up the translation for anything. Thus I have to use my knowledge of moves, abilities, and so on to figure out what attacks Im being hit with and using.
ON THE PLUS SIDE I'm catching a lot of mons (French for this playthrough) that are foreign to me so I can transfer them to my main file for Masuda Method shiny hunts.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me