Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Check your portal batteries
Page 1 of 1
Check your portal batteries
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#1 Posted: 12:28:56 30/04/2021 | Topic Creator
I was recently sent an email that reminded me that you shouldn't leave batteries in your portals. The series is nearly ten years old now so any batteries that you got with the original Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, any of the 3DS games, Skylanders Battlegrounds, or the mobile portals are ripe for leaking and will damage your portals if they've been left inside.

Unfortunately I made that mistake with my original SSA 3DS portal as you can see:

[User Posted Image]

Luckily after cleaning it up the portal still worked but if it had been left longer I would imagine it might not have fared too well.

And even if you've just left the batteries in the box they can still leak, a while back I noticed a set of never used batteries in my drawer that I'd left in their original plastic wrapping had started leaking. So anyone who's kept any game with a battery powered portal in its original packaging might want to check inside for damage.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2 Posted: 13:11:27 30/04/2021
i always remove the battery when its not in use, so this is not a problem for me. anyway if you have had a battery leak you should use some white vinegar or lemon juice to neutralize battery acid. if not the battery acid will continue doing damage to the metal.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#3 Posted: 21:00:36 30/04/2021
thank you for the reminder! this actually happened to me earlier this week, but thankfully nothing was damaged.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 10:29:58 02/05/2021
Quote: ThunderEgg
thank you for the reminder! this actually happened to me earlier this week, but thankfully nothing was damaged.

dont forget to use white vinegar or lemon juice to neutralize battery acid.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#5 Posted: 18:24:13 03/05/2021
haha don't worry, i cleaned it off properly smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#6 Posted: 22:21:12 03/05/2021
cool picture dark52 i'm going to make it my avatar
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me