Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Post Bad Character Designs
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#101 Posted: 03:26:21 18/03/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: DannySleepTalks
Quote: Trix Master 100
Well my friend showed me this final fantasy character before and I asked her to please say "sike" because I doubted it was from FF... F IN THE CHAT I DID NOT THAT SIKE
[User Posted Image]

yeahhhh, i was trying not to post this because it is so bad that it felt too easy, but he deserves to be here for real.

it reminds me of something i read in a (totally unrelated) jrpg art book where the artist described approaching deadline and being so tired that he couldn't stop drawing. i feel like thar's what happened here too.

I guess this is the design to point to, to show crunch culture is really a blight to everything including our eyes.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#102 Posted: 01:21:32 02/06/2021
[User Posted Image]

_______
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#103 Posted: 05:52:25 02/06/2021
id post a picture of myself but god didnt so much design me as he threw up and said “yeah that thing could pass off as a functioning person”
#104 Posted: 07:54:27 02/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi
id post a picture of myself but god didnt so much design me as he threw up and said “yeah that thing could pass off as a functioning person”

AYYYYYYYYY. DON'T TALK ABOUT MY FRIEND LIKE THAT! (AKA YOU) WHAT THE?!
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#105 Posted: 12:29:37 02/06/2021
Quote: Vespi

You're one of the favorite character designs on dS, tbh.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#106 Posted: 08:16:33 04/06/2021
yo i thought you were best girl Vespi you can t have a bad character design come on
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#107 Posted: 08:42:24 04/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
yo i thought you were best girl Vespi you can t have a bad character design come on

Exactly, she's like 5 star ranked Gacha wife.
---
icon from Empoh
#108 Posted: 16:10:29 04/06/2021

Exactly, she's like 5 star ranked Gacha wife.

^ ^ ^ ^ THIS absolutely
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#109 Posted: 17:20:58 05/06/2021
[User Posted Image]

dumb idiot weed head haha
#110 Posted: 20:07:50 05/06/2021
nooo that's why his design is good
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#111 Posted: 04:56:43 09/06/2021
grand zio is such a bad form in kamen rider. its the final form of the show and yet they gave it this godly design that looks like puke

[User Posted Image]

but even worse is that someone at toei thought. hey this design is epic lets make it even worse by adding toys. so then you get geiz majesty who is grand zio but even uglier somehow. they made a **** design even worse by giving him a trash bag cape, reused parts from other kamen riders, and worse of all. they put a plastic toys on him. this is suppose to be a final form but it just looks like an oc

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:05 10/06/2021 by somePerson
#112 Posted: 17:27:26 09/06/2021
Quote: Big Green
[User Posted Image]

**** that silver is best girl
---
#113 Posted: 19:18:07 09/06/2021
ngl i'd wear that geiz majesty suit. just because.

i'd be a pain to draw, but it's soooo extra i can't help but like it
---
#114 Posted: 02:00:14 10/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg

It's extra, but I'm over here thinking "mother ****er bedazzled himself in Beyblades, how the ****? Ya'll gonna part the sea with them Beyblades or is that only in the anime?"
---
icon from Empoh
#115 Posted: 02:23:21 10/06/2021

extra toy sells
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#116 Posted: 02:24:36 10/06/2021
someone post tlos malefor
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#117 Posted: 02:58:53 10/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: sans
someone post tlos malefor

[User Posted Image]

Yeah let me pop off and say, if you are doing concept art as a ref sheet, DONT ****ING DO THIS. My monitor's brightness is all the way up and I still cannot see the bastard. Like let's clean that up.

No as a design it's too busy. This is too much everything. We need to tone down the shading, get proper colors, better anatomy. This is what happens when you make super arthritis a reality folks, how am I supposed to know what to draw. If fanartists have to make your design a lot more visible and do able in drawing it, you failed art as a whole. Go back to school, since this was a triple A game. JFC. I had to draw this design out of either commission or feeling like it, I have my warrant to yell fellow citizen.
---
icon from Empoh
#118 Posted: 03:41:18 10/06/2021
anatomy is super crap but i mma still +1 malefor fight me
---
#119 Posted: 03:51:02 10/06/2021
malefart is ugly. his face is really bad. the statues krome made were fine but elb made him so extra and ugly. he is hardly even purple. it's a bad design.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#120 Posted: 03:56:00 10/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: sans
malefart is ugly. his face is really bad. the statues krome made were fine but elb made him so extra and ugly. he is hardly even purple. it's a bad design.

He's hardly purple, because we can hardly see him in the game with it's bad lighting tho. Like not only did they okay the concept but they also mimicked the **** lighting in the concept wtf?
---
icon from Empoh
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#121 Posted: 03:57:51 10/06/2021
I don’t know how he could walk without spraining his ankles/wrists or tripping over himself with those claws.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#122 Posted: 05:03:23 10/06/2021
My personal gripe is with his claws. They must be super uncomfortable to walk on, and they probably break off all the time.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
kite Blue Sparx Gems: 987
#123 Posted: 05:37:46 10/06/2021
When hammering home the idea of villainy, I don't think Malefor is an awful design, but there is a bit too much going on. Like....You can make a character obviously evil without ....... doing that.

Take off some of his spikes, give him some actual muscle or at least stylize him in a leaner way without still tying to give muscle defintion (i.e. Scar from TLK is a good example of what I THINK they were going for?) and for the love of god unshade that ****ing concept
---
case closed
#124 Posted: 06:00:05 10/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: kite
When hammering home the idea of villainy, I don't think Malefor is an awful design, but there is a bit too much going on. Like....You can make a character obviously evil without ....... doing that.

Take off some of his spikes, give him some actual muscle or at least stylize him in a leaner way without still tying to give muscle defintion (i.e. Scar from TLK is a good example of what I THINK they were going for?) and for the love of god unshade that ****ing concept

EXACTLY THANK YOU
---
icon from Empoh
#125 Posted: 06:46:27 10/06/2021
exactly. his head alone has way too much going on, it's near impossible to tell what's going on. especially with the concept art being so heavily shaded. yes he's evil but he doesn't have to be sharpo the dragon™️ they could've been more creative than that.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#126 Posted: 07:56:15 10/06/2021
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
I don’t know how he could walk without spraining his ankles/wrists or tripping over himself with those claws.

^this though

i find the comemnts of him being over designed pretty funny actually as an anime fan and square enix fan this guy has literally nothing on some of the most "too many things going on" i have ever seen he just looks like all things high fantasy more or less honestly i think the design would get less **** if he wasn t a meme as far as spyro goes

anatomy ability to demonstrate and good concept art features - NO lol god no

too much going on or poorly designed - eh
---
#127 Posted: 09:02:59 10/06/2021 | Topic Creator

^this though

i find the comemnts of him being over designed pretty funny actually as an anime fan and square enix fan this guy has literally nothing on some of the most "too many things going on" i have ever seen he just looks like all things high fantasy more or less honestly i think the design would get less **** if he wasn t a meme as far as spyro goes

Yeah. Honestly was half tempted to put Malefor Skylanders Academy edition on here, but it's ... IT'S KIND OF GOT THE OPPOSITE ISSUES OD DOTD MALEFORE. It's too bright with all those lava veins and awkwardly less spooky and looking a lot more like Deathwing than his own character really. Like Malefor seems to be a tight rope for everyone on what can and cannot be designed well.

Now if you want mega detailed and ****ing KING material, Skylanders comics for Malefor the undead dragon king is perfect. That, that slaps perfectly.
---
icon from Empoh
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#128 Posted: 13:44:21 10/06/2021
The virgin original Malefor
The chad IDW Malefor

[User Posted Image]

It's still overdesigned, but this feels like it's the point. The more you look at it in the comic itself, also, the more you see that he's missing a LOT more body parts than it seems.
(they never used his steam engine now that I think about it)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:46:20 10/06/2021 by Bifrost
#129 Posted: 15:48:41 10/06/2021

^this though

Yeah. Honestly was half tempted to put Malefor Skylanders Academy edition on here, but it's ... IT'S KIND OF GOT THE OPPOSITE ISSUES OD DOTD MALEFORE. It's too bright with all those lava veins and awkwardly less spooky and looking a lot more like Deathwing than his own character really. Like Malefor seems to be a tight rope for everyone on what can and cannot be designed well.

Now if you want mega detailed and ****ing KING material, Skylanders comics for Malefor the undead dragon king is perfect. That, that slaps perfectly.

^also much this i never actually saw skylanders academy malefor until i just looked it up now and yeeeeeeeah i see what you mean lol

Quote: Bifrost
The virgin original Malefor
The chad IDW Malefor

[User Posted Image]

It's still overdesigned, but this feels like it's the point. The more you look at it in the comic itself, also, the more you see that he's missing a LOT more body parts than it seems.
(they never used his steam engine now that I think about it)

same for this never really saw it and while it has a LOT going on it kind of does keep tself balanced throughout so both of you what you re saying i think is pretty valid to be honest
---
#130 Posted: 02:24:07 11/06/2021 | Topic Creator
I mean mechanical and undead is generally a mega detailed monster. Malefor being the Undead dragon King, I think it's absolutely warranted. I'm just a massive sucker for villain goes mechanical to prolong their lifespan and reign of terror. Clockwork is pretty king in that regard.
---
icon from Empoh
#131 Posted: 06:53:30 11/06/2021
^oh i can get that concept for sure is super cool to me too
---
#132 Posted: 21:22:59 23/02/2022
did i already post the coorperate artstyle? because they're so bland and what annoys me most is that they're intended to be bland and generic

[User Posted Image]
---
#133 Posted: 01:00:19 24/02/2022
Quote: Drednaw
[User Posted Image]

gay genie

type of person who thinks the cashier hates them
#134 Posted: 03:47:28 25/02/2022
when i was a cashier i hated everyone
---
#135 Posted: 02:31:46 26/02/2022
i am the gay genie
---
#136 Posted: 04:38:19 26/02/2022 | Topic Creator
did i already post the coorperate artstyle? because they're so bland and what annoys me most is that they're intended to be bland and generic

[User Posted Image]

God I see commercials of these all the time and I say "Goddamn these are boring"

Quote: Drednaw
[User Posted Image]

gay genie

WHILE I AGREE THAT'S PEAK BAD ULTIMATE ****SECUTION. LET ME POST A SPOILER FROM LEGENDS: ARCEUS
[User Posted Image]

It could definitely be argued that Palkia should be here as well as both Origin forms are weird, but at least his doesn't look super ****ing painful. Dialga over here choking on a clarinet. It's also because not only do we have the altered design first for dialga to exist and such, but also if we removed that from the brain, it's still painful. Literal easy fix too is to slide the Diamond crest to the barrel of the body and do some extra bits with the back legs as the back seems to be lacking randomly. Otherwise I get the idea of what GameFreak was going for here, just really ****ing missed it here.

What GF was going for was: God made man in his own image.

So we can theorize Arceus said "I WANTED DEER AND HONSE"
---
icon from Empoh
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#137 Posted: 00:42:56 07/03/2022

[User Posted Image]

this. i can not put into words how much these bother me.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#138 Posted: 17:26:01 07/03/2022
it's so ugly

why are their heads so tiny

why is their skin a nonhuman color

why are their limbs like tubes

please it's not relatable or interesting at all
---
#139 Posted: 18:28:25 24/03/2022
doesnt get much worse than cooperate art style to be honest
---
#140 Posted: 08:17:41 25/03/2022 | Topic Creator
Somehow we haven't gotten worse than corporate yet and that's a miracle.
---
icon from Empoh
#141 Posted: 15:01:54 25/03/2022
Quote: Big Green
[User Posted Image]

i keep seeing this and it makes me sad he shouldnt be here : c

he's just a guy

his design isnt the greatest, but i politely disagree with the idea that its terrible
---
#142 Posted: 18:05:05 25/03/2022
i think silver looks cool if he was in a game people liked i bet they wouldnt hate on him as much
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#143 Posted: 20:35:02 25/03/2022
I've gone on record saying how I'm not a fan of some of SRT's NPC redesigns, but Spike's redesign gets me. Turning one of the most feared bosses in the series to a "durrrr" looking moron sucks ass.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me