Forum

Spyro 2: Season of Flame

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Season of Flame needs more love
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#1 Posted: 14:57:08 26/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Just look! With the exception of closed sections, it's been the very longest since Season of Flame's board had any new posts.

[User Posted Image]

Today that changes!!

Season of Flame is an awesome game! And let me tell you why...

The models are absolutely adorable. No, boys, calm down, I mean the character models.

You can play as multiple characters! Not just every Spyro game lets you do that. And said characters you get to play as are Sheila and Agent 9. Just how many other Spyro games let you play as them? Yeah.

There are multiple elements! Fire, ice, and electricity-lightning-whatever they call it in this game. That's a lot of elements for Spyro, too!

You can play a minigame! None other than Dragon Draughts. Checkers-for dragons. That you probably will never win if you're me, but hey, we can't all be that (un)lucky, right? *eye twitch*

Beautiful scenery. And I know it's just this pixel-y stuff, but at this point, I think it's just a given that Spyro games have nice scenery.

Cool music. Pretty much also a given.

Short and sweet plot. No fireflies, no fire breath. Catch the little rascals to get it back. (Nice game to play in the winter, by the way.)

Ripto's back... I know you're thinking "Why is that a good thing?" but it is because you get to bash his head in again. Can't go wrong with that.

And, of course, the fireflies are the cutest little things you ever will see.

So what do you say? Season of Flame totally deserves some more love!
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2 Posted: 17:50:08 26/02/2021
yeah, you're right!

the gba games in this era of the series were pretty nice. and the artstyle was very cute, too.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#3 Posted: 17:56:51 26/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg
yeah, you're right!

the gba games in this era of the series were pretty nice. and the artstyle was very cute, too.

There we go! I knew someone would get it. The art style was cute overload! OMG<3
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#4 Posted: 16:51:55 27/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
SoI was a piece of crap, but SoF is aight. I like it better than anything else from ETD-SL. I can’t even remember anything from AoTR which probably says something about how dull it is.

That's very fair! Attack of the Rhynocs... uh, could look more impressive, lol. Season of Flame is probably my second favorite between that time.
---
#5 Posted: 19:43:10 27/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Season of Ice was okay, but I've always adored Season of Flame despite some issues that I have with it like the perspective.

Cool! That's because Season of Flame is very adorable. And you mean, like, the camera angle? If so, yeah, that was actually pretty frustrating, but I could overlook it, lol.
---
#6 Posted: 20:19:01 27/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I meant the camera angle. It made it harder to figure out where things were and made me mess up glides a lot. lol Still a good game otherwise, though. smilie

Yesss. I would so often glide and smash my face straight into a wall and off the cliff. I hated it, man, lol. At least it cause a good laugh sometimes, I guess. And yeah, I just generally enjoyed the game anyways.
---
#7 Posted: 23:53:07 27/02/2021 | Topic Creator
One thing that I fondly remember is the catchy boss music in the game because it admittedly gets stuck in my head quite often despite not having played the game or having listened to any of the music from it in years. lmao

Lol, really? I love it when that happens. The soundtrack to the game was very good, actually, and I can't say that about just any GameBoy game, lol. I would just go listen to the soundtracks for the fun of it, and I vaguely remember going to certain long-beaten levels just to hear the music again.
---
#8 Posted: 01:54:12 28/02/2021
One thing that I fondly remember is the catchy boss music in the game because it admittedly gets stuck in my head quite often despite not having played the game or having listened to any of the music from it in years. lmao

yesss the title music is also so good

---
#9 Posted: 18:17:22 02/03/2021 | Topic Creator

yesss the title music is also so good

Yessssss, I loooooove that track. *o* The memories~
---
Ethanator611 Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#10 Posted: 06:23:08 28/06/2022
Yes! It's me the maker of the (now second) most recent post on Season of Flame. It was back when I was in high school and wanted to convey my enjoyment of the game I had just played. To my dismay place was a ghost town.

Glad to come back to see a little something after all this time!
#11 Posted: 16:23:48 28/06/2022
hello! it appears the video i posted has been taken down : (
---
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#12 Posted: 11:06:32 19/07/2022
This is one of the few Spyro games I never managed to play smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#13 Posted: 04:12:31 19/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ethanator611
Yes! It's me the maker of the (now second) most recent post on Season of Flame. It was back when I was in high school and wanted to convey my enjoyment of the game I had just played. To my dismay place was a ghost town.

Glad to come back to see a little something after all this time!

Hi! I appreciate you! Because Season of Flame really does need more love. I think I was in middle school or something when I first played the game but I was really obsessed with it, so I feel you.

hello! it appears the video i posted has been taken down : (

It has been, oh no, why...

Quote: Felines
This is one of the few Spyro games I never managed to play smilie

Noooooo, you're definitely missing out!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me