First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Random Skylanders Thoughts
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#51 Posted: 16:42:17 13/10/2020 | Topic Creator
I missed Cynder Day and the 9th anniversary of the series, smh. I need to move faster.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#52 Posted: 21:08:03 13/10/2020
oh that reminds me, what is cynder day?

i've only just hears about it this year. like, i can assume that it's a day to celebrate cynder, but why is it specifically october 10th? is that when she was first revealed or something??
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#53 Posted: 21:37:00 13/10/2020
[User Posted Image]

Wow...
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#54 Posted: 21:47:21 13/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg
oh that reminds me, what is cynder day?

i've only just hears about it this year. like, i can assume that it's a day to celebrate cynder, but why is it specifically october 10th? is that when she was first revealed or something??

That’s the date A New Beginning was released. Technically the date also belongs to everyone else introduced in that game, but Cynder gets special treatment because she’s a fan favorite, and her legacy lived on in Skylanders.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
[User Posted Image]

Wow...

I’m so old.
---
#55 Posted: 21:48:11 13/10/2020
I still remember Christmas 2011. Ah God, what a day.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#56 Posted: 21:54:43 13/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Okay, who’s cutting onions?
---
#57 Posted: 22:41:04 13/10/2020

Thank you, Skylanders.
---
#58 Posted: 23:10:21 13/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Oof, time to get sad.
---
#59 Posted: 23:33:43 13/10/2020
Quote: BlueFox
Oof, time to get sad.

Hugs ya

Don't be sad it's over, smile because it happened.
---
#60 Posted: 04:49:14 14/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Oof, time to get sad.

Hugs ya

Thanks. No tears were shed fortunately, as today I realized there's actually a lot of content I haven't yet explored. So I impulse bought the 3DS versions of Swap Force and Trap Team, just because I've never tried them before.
---
#61 Posted: 12:14:30 14/10/2020
Oof, time to get sad.

Hugs ya

Thanks. No tears were shed fortunately, as today I realized there's actually a lot of content I haven't yet explored. So I impulse bought the 3DS versions of Swap Force and Trap Team, just because I've never tried them before.

The 3DS of SF is actually damn good, but TT's left me a little underwhelmed, but it's still very fine. Hope you enjoy them!
---
#62 Posted: 14:15:47 14/10/2020 | Topic Creator
The community goes around in circles when choosing what topics to discuss. I’m a little worn out of seeing the same conversations. I probably asking for too much, considering the franchise is pretty much done.
---
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#63 Posted: 18:12:17 14/10/2020
I'm actually going back to recollecting figures for my collection right now. And I'm a bit conflicted about the Power Blue Figures. On one hand, as a completionist I wanna grab them. On another, they were part of the promotion for Autism Speaks, which I have learned how horrible they are. But on a third hand, I would be getting these 2nd hand at this point, even if I go out of my way to find someone selling them sealed.
#64 Posted: 20:18:04 14/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: SoulfulWolf
I'm actually going back to recollecting figures for my collection right now. And I'm a bit conflicted about the Power Blue Figures. On one hand, as a completionist I wanna grab them. On another, they were part of the promotion for Autism Speaks, which I have learned how horrible they are. But on a third hand, I would be getting these 2nd hand at this point, even if I go out of my way to find someone selling them sealed.

I wouldn’t buy them because of what they represent. Yeah, you’re not going to be giving money to Autism Speaks, but to me the figures are always going to be attached to their ideals.
---
#65 Posted: 04:27:58 15/10/2020 | Topic Creator
I'd love to do some videos for Skylanders. I'm just not tech-savvy in the slightest. You can tell because I use the word tech-savvy. I also don't like hearing my own voice lmao. If you've ever watched Subjectively, that's probably what I'd be aiming for.
---
#66 Posted: 11:21:07 15/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Maybe I just shouldn’t interact with the fandom? I see too many things that frustrate me. Let me just get back to my corner.

Yeah, definitely need to go to my corner. Group chats are distracting, anyway.

I'm very excited to play Swap Force and Trap Team for the 3DS. Hopefully that'd satisfy me for a little while. I know they aren't very long, but I haven't played a Skylanders game since 2016, so anything will do. I wonder why I'm so attached to this series. Nothing else keeps me coming back.
---
#67 Posted: 18:55:09 15/10/2020
Maybe I just shouldn’t interact with the fandom? I see too many things that frustrate me. Let me just get back to my corner.

Yeah, definitely need to go to my corner. Group chats are distracting, anyway.

I'm very excited to play Swap Force and Trap Team for the 3DS. Hopefully that'd satisfy me for a little while. I know they aren't very long, but I haven't played a Skylanders game since 2016, so anything will do. I wonder why I'm so attached to this series. Nothing else keeps me coming back.

I'm sure they will! SF has probably the best levels in the 3DS line up, to be honest. The land of the dead levels especially are amazing.
---
#68 Posted: 03:54:21 16/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx should have never been in Skylanders.
---
#69 Posted: 14:09:19 16/10/2020

I respectfully disagree!
---
#70 Posted: 15:09:03 16/10/2020 | Topic Creator

I respectfully disagree!

I feel like the attachment really soured the series’ potiential. Spyro fans wanted a Spyro game, and Skylanders simply does not play as such. Like, even if the redesign was faithful, he would still be in a Skylanders game, which aren’t exactly seen in a good light.
---
#71 Posted: 19:59:58 16/10/2020

I respectfully disagree!

i'm with hihd on this one. the franchise wouldn't exist as it is without spyro.

that being said, i think it could have explored some more unique ideas if it wasn't attached to the spyro license. however, without spyro, i think some of the design ethos an characters would have changed.
---
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2468
#72 Posted: 21:56:03 16/10/2020
9th anniversary video
---
my fursona is a hot dog
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#73 Posted: 22:05:14 16/10/2020

I respectfully disagree!

same.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#74 Posted: 23:30:51 16/10/2020 | Topic Creator

I respectfully disagree!

i'm with hihd on this one. the franchise wouldn't exist as it is without spyro.

that being said, i think it could have explored some more unique ideas if it wasn't attached to the spyro license. however, without spyro, i think some of the design ethos an characters would have changed.

That’s fair! I’ve just been imagining a world where instead of being known as those expensive baby games that ruined Spyro, the series could simply be those expensive baby games.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#75 Posted: 23:39:30 16/10/2020

This is kind of an interesting proposition. Although I think Skylanders would've been successful out of the gate with the toys-to-life gimmick, I think having Spyro as name recognition definitely helped. However, Spyro not being in Skylanders would've allowed Skylanders to exist as its own thing without the "weird redesign/that weird thing Spyro was in" perception that Skylanders always had to me.

What always struck me as odd was the fact that Skylanders never really did anything with Spyro's platforming legacy. You have Spyro, a platformer mascot, and you put him in a Diablo-lite game? They added jumping later, but still.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:23 16/10/2020 by JCW555
#76 Posted: 00:14:42 17/10/2020 | Topic Creator
As much as I feel like Spyro is dead weight that’s given Skylanders a really bad reputation, if Skylanders 7 were to happen, I wouldn’t want to see him go. That would mean a victory for all the insufferable Spyro fans out there and all the established lore would go out the window.
---
#77 Posted: 21:07:43 17/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Running into Freezeshift art is wild because I always saw Night Shift as being much, much older than Freeze Blade.
---
#78 Posted: 10:40:32 18/10/2020 | Topic Creator
I’ve noticed a trend among Stink Bomb fans. We love giving him a tragic backstory lmao. It’s odd because he’s essentially just a joke character. I didn’t think anyone else would think of him beyond that, but I’ve been proven wrong. It’s like, hehe funny skunk go poot. Oh, and also he has depression.
---
#79 Posted: 09:11:29 19/10/2020
Something that I'm disappointed in was Skylanders never utilizing Spyro's elemental breaths.
---
#80 Posted: 01:26:17 20/10/2020
Something that I'm disappointed in was Skylanders never utilizing Spyro's elemental breaths.

this

it would have been pretty cool if they'd done that. especially because they hinted at his other capabilities in his character bio. utilizing his other elements in his default move-set would have been neat. i also think they could have given dark spyro/spry/variants unique attacks while letting the normal figure have the same move-set we know today.
---
#81 Posted: 03:45:30 21/10/2020 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

So, uh, what's all this? Unsure where the original source is. I've seen it reposted by multiple people. I don't think anything here automatically means a new game, but it is nice to see they're interested in the possibility. Also, Skylanders Easter Eggs? As in plural? I thought there was just one.
---
#82 Posted: 14:31:13 21/10/2020
seems like it's in response to the 9th anniversary video cookieeater posted previously on this topic.

this is my first time seeing the screenshot. if it's true, the response is really quite sweet.

huh. maybe there are more easter eggs? iat is fairly new, so i wouldn't be surprised if there are things that haven't been discovered. they could also be including the spyro ones when they say "skylanders". or, crash himself could be an easter egg, seeing as he appeared in skylanders (although that's a bit of a stretch).
---
#83 Posted: 17:29:57 21/10/2020 | Topic Creator
I don’t think there’s enough nostalgia for a new main series game to happen so soon. I’ve seen people saying 2021 and 2022. Doesn’t sound right to me. We barely even have a fandom. The demand just isn’t that high.
---
#84 Posted: 18:15:04 21/10/2020 | Topic Creator
I may miss the series, but I can't say I'd be pleased if they made such a rash decision in the next few years. It doesn't make any sense. I would actually be quite upset.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#85 Posted: 00:14:17 22/10/2020
Yeah, I can't see Activision touching Skylanders until at least 2031. They waited for the 20 year anniversaries of Crash and Spyro to revive them, so I'd expect the same for Skylanders.

Activision brought back Guitar Hero too early, and look what that got them.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:48 22/10/2020 by JCW555
#86 Posted: 00:24:03 22/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Time to hunker down and create fan content then. I’ve seen a couple of small fandoms survive just on that.
---
#87 Posted: 05:45:28 22/10/2020 | Topic Creator
Okay, one last thing before I drop this subject. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade too much. What makes people think Skylanders will get special treatment? Why 2021 or 2022? Consider how long Classic Spyro and Crash took to return, how long those fans had to clamor. So, no, #BringBackTheSkylands, it most certainly is not about time.
---
#88 Posted: 15:36:25 22/10/2020 | Topic Creator
We’ve evolved past the need for Kaos.
---
#89 Posted: 18:35:23 22/10/2020

he's more interesting to me as a villain turned ally. wish they'd kept him that way after superchargers
---
#90 Posted: 19:04:56 22/10/2020 | Topic Creator

he's more interesting to me as a villain turned ally. wish they'd kept him that way after superchargers

I want another big bad. I'm seriously tired of seeing him. We haven't even scraped the surface of potential villainy here. Ring of Heroes, get on that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:39 22/10/2020 by BlueFox
#91 Posted: 20:30:09 22/10/2020
TfB shot themselves in the shoot by completely ignoring that super intersting story turn SSC brought in.
---
#92 Posted: 23:31:12 22/10/2020 | Topic Creator
TfB shot themselves in the shoot by completely ignoring that super intersting story turn SSC brought in.

All in exchange for the worst and most vapid story beats of the franchise. I sincerely think Imaginators is terrible in comparison to its predecessors.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:13 22/10/2020 by BlueFox
#93 Posted: 05:33:27 23/10/2020 | Topic Creator
The fanbase is not huge by any means, at least by looking at the different hubs online. Reddit has the biggest community, and even then the numbers aren’t exactly breathtaking. It’s an outright lie to say the fanbase is massive, like I’ve seen in comments by diehard fans on Twitter. I’d love to be proven wrong, though.
---
#94 Posted: 15:02:22 23/10/2020 | Topic Creator
I'm probably going to dip out again. I've become super jaded, and I don't want to clog up this topic with negativity. I should refocus that energy to making my own content for the franchise.
---
#95 Posted: 18:36:31 23/10/2020 | Topic Creator
One last thing. #BringBacktheSkylands, I don't think spamming developers, companies, and completely irrelevant conversations is helping. Cartoon Twitter is absolutely on it when it comes to this, and they usually choose a specific time to start promoting. They're organized.

https://twitter.com/holymangos...311191852580866
https://twitter.com/gay_skull/...113946170585090
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:59 23/10/2020 by BlueFox
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me