Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
First | Previous | Page 9 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 27 28
The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private] [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#401 Posted: 23:13:07 22/08/2020
"Probe minds?" Maverick asked, hesitant at first.
"Well, I guess it's better than torture." he then concluded, believing Aelinon was not above all torture when it came to something they want.

Elsewhere, near where the dragon attack occur, the merman soldier that wrote the bulletin task set up camp, having spent the entire night there. He has slept for less than three hours, worried about who would answer his message, and the dragon appearing again. So far, there wasn't a single glimpse of the great beast. The warrior studied the place where they were attacked yesterday very thoroughly, but still no clues of the dragon's whereabouts. It left great pawprints and a few fallen trees in it's retreat, but both tracks abruptly stopped out of nowhere. The dragon didn't have any wings, so it couldn't have flown away. Even if it had levitated somehow, they all would've seen it in the air. And the ground wasn't disturbed, so the possibility of digging itself out was out of the question as well, so how did it disappear? The soldier had no other answer than magic. Perhaps it teleported? Or could camouflage too well, like a chameleon? No, that couldn't be. The entire area was searched, and they were trained to locate such hidden individuals. For now, teleport seemed like the more accurate answer.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#402 Posted: 01:03:01 23/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Latnok gave a shrug. "I suppose that's one way we can do things... though that, of course, assumes that the prisoner is willing to speak and cooperate," he noted. "Anyway, we're quite busy today, so come back tomorrow. I'll have one of my men relay the request to the warden at the maximum security prison - it's likely that any Ishulgites that have been captured in this region have been brought there."
Leoquin couldn't stifle a smile of pleasant surprise. "Wow, thanks you two! You're really doing a lot for me!" he said gratefully, as the hope within him continued to grow.
"I'm pleased you can still find some use for me," Latnok replied plainly. "Now, if there is nothing else you need from me, well, I'm not keeping you." Though Latnok was initially considering carrying the egg with them, this new development meant that they would have to stay in Redwater for at least another day - so he would remain in place.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#403 Posted: 02:11:02 23/08/2020
"Gracias señor Latnok. We really appreciate this. If you ever want some pleasant time off, come to my house. I can cook something for you and your friends like old times sake." Maverick invited, not wanting Latnok to believe his help was the only reason why they would ever address to him. He knew it was probably not a good idea to invite Latnok this week while Angora was there, but if there was ever a little bit of hope of those two making amends, what better place that his quiet, family abode? Plus a workplace wasn't the ideal location for others to reconsile.

At his laboratory, Draikon was up to his usual experiments. He knew he was going to waste time if he just stood there waiting for Maverick to come. His blood, his genes, they were way too precious. Despite his old age, he was a patient being, but even he had his limits. Five years was more than enough waiting, but now, it was time to insist a little more forcefully. He knew Maverick had a family. If he couldn't convince the faun man directly, perhaps he could persuade his wife or his kids to convince him to come.
---
#404 Posted: 00:17:41 24/08/2020 | Topic Creator
"If they're ever in the mood for it, then maybe," Latnok answered - he was reasonably sure that Maverick's offer was a token gesture more than any legitimate desire to see him again, but he had already accepted as much. "All right, then, see you tomorrow. We have to get a move-on." He began heading out, with Raclaw and Chester in tow.
Leoquin watched as he left, before turning to Maverick. "Well, that went just as we' hoped," he said, pleased as he nodded his head slightly. "Honestly, I thought the chance that he would go out of his way to help us was rather slim, but there it is."

The mention of Shade seemed to intrigue Gregor somewhat. "THE SCOURGE OF REDWATER. THERE ARE THOSE WHO SAY HE IS TOO DANGEROUS TO RELEASE. WE HAVE HEARD TALK OF PLANS TO EXECUTE HIM, LEST HE ESCAPE AND BE TURNED AGAINST US BY AN ENEMY SUCH AS THE ELVES TO THE WEST," Gregor revealed. He himself poke of it like he did any other matter of idle gossip, the subject not bearing particular relevance to him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#405 Posted: 00:49:00 24/08/2020
Maverick waited until they were outside before replying, even though he wished he could've seen the new animals. He was rather surprised to hear Leoquin admitting Latnok wasn't the most hospitable man. He showed so much respect for him in the past, even to a fault.
"Well, señor Raclaw and puppy Chester are a very positive influence on him. He's clearly more friendly now, but there's still a lot of room for improvement." Maverick specified, still a hint of bitterness in him.
"Why, to tell you more, even after all these years, he hasn't tried to talk to Angorita, even though they practically work in the same place. She is good friends with señor Raclaw, but that hasn't been enough for him. Mi pobre niña even thinks that señor Latnok hates her so much that he's waiting for her to be killed by one of the wyverns." Maverick explained gloomily, Angora having come to him many times in the past to express how miserable she felt sometimes. Sere was her boss, not her friend, and the Guardians and most of the caretakers wanted nothing to do with her. She was hoping Latnok would come talk to her and improve their relationship, but that never happened. Angora was literally another family member for Maverick, so seeing her so miserable made him very sad.

Angora clenched her fist, despising with a passion what she was hearing. It would explain why there hasn't been any news about Shade being released even after all these years.
"Is that so?" she said with gritted teeth, not wanting Gregor to notice how distressed she was.

"Well, I know him, and I can guarantee you that all he wants is freedom and not kill anybody. What happened back then was a complete accident. He was there trying to save me. He needed training to control his volatile powers, and sadly, he took a risk that ended in tragedy. If he was really out to kill others, he wouldn't be friends with me or Maverick. All he wants is to be happy, free and have some friends. I mean, isn't that what everybody wants?" Angora said in a low, yet somewhat passive aggressive tone, now understanding the urgency of speaking with the king. If Gregor knew about that, it meant that behemoths gossip among each other, and if that was the case, perhaps talking good about Shade will help the great beasts have some sympathy for him.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#406 Posted: 21:22:10 25/08/2020
Quote:
"If they're ever in the mood for it, then maybe," Latnok answered - he was reasonably sure that Maverick's offer was a token gesture more than any legitimate desire to see him again, but he had already accepted as much. "All right, then, see you tomorrow. We have to get a move-on." He began heading out, with Raclaw and Chester in tow.

"Well-- they appear to be doing well, at least. And it's nice to see that someone is finding a lead to family.," Raclaw said as the two parties parted ways for the day. "It's been awhile since we've seen Leoquin.," Chester commented remembering the man who smelled like fish. "It has been. It's been some time, but it appears that Redwater has turned out to be a melting pot of old friends and allies so far.," Raclaw responded with a nod. Chester wasn't wrong.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:32:30 27/08/2020 by redwes
#407 Posted: 23:11:17 25/08/2020
Huntress was having success with her bounty hunting, returning on edge. Draikon was returning to his same experiments, improving the hexphage mist, although there was another thing to be done. Not only were prisoners submitted to hexphage to prevent them from using magic, but the giant beats apparently love it as condiment. The old scientist estimated that the new hexphage was going to be almost irresistible to behemoths... but there was only one way to find out. It was an experiment he was not looking forward to on account of the monsters not liking him very much...

Back at Old Myth island, a satyr girl was looking at sea, bummed that Sergeant Farlo's mission was a failure. She was having some crazy thoughts right now, and called a siren friend she had.
"Why can't you call Misty? Come on Enton, we almost look like humans. We would just need to disguise our legs and we'll blend in." she said to her siren friend. Misty was a humpback whale that was used for transport around the other parts of the island except the human village.
"I said no! Danya, if the sergeant was attacked just for being there, we don't stand a chance! Even if we wear disguises, we'll be children. Easy target for muggers! No way! We're not going!" the siren boy said firmly, knowing that the human world was full of horrible dangers. The discussion has been going on for a while...
---
#408 Posted: 00:32:40 27/08/2020
Meanwhile-- Risar and the accompanying Icestorm were returning from the Raging Serpent and on their way to check up on the egg. Assuming someone familiar didn't run into them first...
---
#409 Posted: 05:31:46 27/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Gregor gave a rumbling sound that could most closely be compared to a chuckle. "THAT MAY BE THE CASE FOR NOW. HOWEVER, LIVING CREATURES TEND TO BE... CAPRICIOUS. THIS IS A POSSIBILITY THAT, TO OUR KNOWLEDGE, THE HOMINIDS HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING MORE DEEPLY IN RECENT TIMES. AND SO, LIKE MANY HOMINIDS WHO HAVE BEEN DEEMED TOO DANGEROUS TO FREE, HE MAY EVENTUALLY BE REPURPOSED INTO MEAT. WE WONDER WHAT SUCH A THING WOULD TASTE LIKE..."
Gregor's mouth made a brief smacking sound at the idea. He didn't seem particularly concerned one way or another about Shade, speaking in a purely matter-of-fact manner.

Leoquin gave a brief shrug, not expecting Maverick to confide in him about such a matter. "Well, I can't really say for sure how he feels. It's always been hard to get a feel of... well, anything about how Latnok felt, besides when he was angry," he explained. "Overall, I guess we would have to wonder; how busy is he? If he's not busy, how much time is he spending with his four-legged friends? And does he think Angora is special enough to go out of the way to see - or the opposite, does he think Angora is best avoided?" Leoquin was trying to remain neutral and give both sides the benefit of the doubt, but he had the suspicion that perhaps Angora had run afoul of him, and he wanted nothing more to do with her.

Latnok was in a hurry to move on to keep up with the busy day. "Well, glad they haven't died yet, at least. Part of me wanted to at least charge them a fair bit," he admitted. "That would probably be considered corrupt, however. Gods know that, despite all we do, we're still considered by most people to not be worth interacting with unless they want something," he elaborated, referring to the Ardent Guardians in general. "Regardless, we would be remiss in our duties to turn our back on someone in need if we could help."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#410 Posted: 05:53:00 27/08/2020
Quote:
Latnok was in a hurry to move on to keep up with the busy day. "Well, glad they haven't died yet, at least. Part of me wanted to at least charge them a fair bit," he admitted. "That would probably be considered corrupt, however. Gods know that, despite all we do, we're still considered by most people to not be worth interacting with unless they want something," he elaborated, referring to the Ardent Guardians in general. "Regardless, we would be remiss in our duties to turn our back on someone in need if we could help."

"You could if you really wanted to-- up to you.," Raclaw commented knowing that practically all expenses were paid for and earned via the Guardian's hands. No money ever passed though his own paws, so Latnok naturally had every say in the world to charge as he pleased. "I would like to believe that the world is slowly warming up to the idea of the Guardians, assuming most don't just drop their unwanted pets on us because they otherwise don't give a crap. Some of the people we help though are genuinely grateful though for what that counts for; that kind old lady we helped out the other week was very thankful and indeed very grateful. I.. I could sense as much.," the Fur Dragon then said trying to lift up Latnok's spirits. "Those dog biscuits she gave us were very good too!," Chester barked with some excitement. "Yes-- that too.," Raclaw responded offering a smile to little-but-aging dog. The two 'canine' companions kept up the pace as they walked; Raclaw himself was eager to get to the museum and hopefully at least set some records right.
---
#411 Posted: 06:31:13 27/08/2020
Angora couldn't believe how insensitive Gregor was being. Wasn't he thinking about her feelings? That was her friend he was talking about. All his talk about food was like talking to a mountain sized Veris. He was so cordial to her that it was easy to forget he was still an enormous predator that killed and devoured prisoners in the arena without mercy, something that she was almost a victim of more than half a decade ago.
"You... like eating prisoners, don't you?" she asked in the most neutral tone she could manage, not wanting Gregor to know how much he has upset her. She wanted to leave, but if she did it immediately, it would be too obvious.

Maverick shrank his shoulders, almost losing hope with them.
"If only they could set aside their differences. But I guess those two are like water and oil. Maybe they're just not meant to be friends. As some would say, you can't please everybody. Even with how friendly I try to be, there are some people who just don't like me. It's... the way things are I suppose." Maverick expressed, having his fair share of people met in his stand that either didn't like his service despite his best attempts or hated the rivalry. And apparently this Huntress woman didn't like him either, but he didn't want to bother Leoquin with such a detail. He still had faith in Angora and Latnok befriending each other, but at the same time believed it was probably not a good idea.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:40:34 27/08/2020 by Felines
#412 Posted: 02:08:40 28/08/2020 | Topic Creator
The wholesome nature of Raclaw and Chester was a boon to Latnok's spirits - it was likely a big factor in subduing his more dour nature. He even cracked a little smile at the joy the biscuits brought his friends. Perhaps they had a point - of course, the purpose of his deeds weren't for recognition, but it never hurt to be appreciated.
"Hope fully they have something at the museum to make our travel there worth his time," he said, as he continued to lead. "Some treats for you guys would be nice, at the very least, for the time we've spent."

"PRISONERS... THE BEST PART ABOUT THEM IS THE SPORT," Gregor answered. "WE HAVE AS MUCH FOOD AS WE NEED HERE - ENOUGH TO ALLOW US TO LIVE TOGETHER IN NUMBERS WHICH WOULD TRADITIONALLY BE IMPOSSIBLE TO MAINTAIN. HOWEVER, PREY WHICH STRUGGLES A BIT... IT IS FUN TO GET THE FEELING OF A FIGHT NOW AND THEN, EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO WAR TO BE HAD." Though Gregor could understand hominid creatures to some extent, he did not have the level of empathy that would allow him to identify that they would not all revel in the things he did.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#413 Posted: 03:01:52 28/08/2020
Angora rolled her eyes, figuring the Aelinonians would want to keep the behemoths in high numbers to further increase their power.
"Hmm, well, this is... enlightening information. At least you can have fun in some way. And hopefully, all of your prey are irredeemable criminals." Angora said stealthily, wondering if the king ever went out of his way to see if certain prisoners were innocent or if she was just lucky that day. She also wondered if Gregor ever thought about how he almost killed her. He would've missed all the moments she has come to visit him and talk.
"I tend to keep things as simple as I can. My job is boring, exhausting and dangerous, but I find moments to make them fun. But the times are enjoyed the most are with Maverick and his family. Nothing like good friends to make you feel... happy." she added, hoping Gregor would figure out that she also meant Shade. Even if he treated her nicely, he didn't seem like a particularly kind creature with the way he expressed himself.

From the platforms, one of the soldiers was watching Gregor talk as he worked. Angora was so tiny on his shoulder that she was barely visible.
"It's astounding the way Gregor seemed so enthralled with his conversation with the troll. I wonder if king Seraos knows about this. I'm willing to bet he would go as far as to buy her from the Guardians to keep our sacred behemoths entertained." he said to his partner, being taught that trolls were nothing but stupid, violent beasts that were only useful as food for behemoths and wyverns, but Angora was so... unique. Perhaps her genetic anomaly affected her intelligence as well?

Back in Redwater, merman and hybrid companions continued traveling the city on top of the mighty Dahlia in hopes for more answers. Glances were unavoidable. Dirt buffalos were not domesticated animals, and it was nearly impossible to tame them, yet one particular man managed to ride it like a giant horse. As she walked, Dahlia soon came across a county fair, one that only opened once a month. It attracted both locals and tourists, and the fair was never in the same place twice, so nobody never knew where it was going to open next. It was full of soldiers on account of such a popular place being a magnet for thieves.
"Woah! What is this place? Check it out señor Leoquin. Looks so fun. And look! So many soldiers! We could ask them! This place looks... fantástico!" Maverick said, almost with the excitement of a child. He's never been to this part of the city, and not knowing the nature of this fair, he wished he could've come sooner. He was more interested in the fair than the search now, though he tried to dissimulate it.
---
#414 Posted: 22:44:05 28/08/2020
Quote:
"Hope fully they have something at the museum to make our travel there worth his time," he said, as he continued to lead. "Some treats for you guys would be nice, at the very least, for the time we've spent."

"Agreed!," Raclaw and Chester both said-- the latter in particular hoping for another treat. Guardians, Minotaurs, talking dog dragons.. the local citizens of Redwater certainly had things to talk about in recent years. As the trio walked, it wouldn't be long until they found their destination. The museum was evident enough, having seemingly been expanded over the years and with a small crowd to boot. Some people could be seen giving 'recommended donations' to an attendent as per a nearby sign; it listed differing recommended amounts for adults, kids, and a big 'FREE' next to 'PETS.'
---
#415 Posted: 20:55:26 29/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Despite the matter at hand, the fair still drew Leoquin's intrigue, with it being a unique event. And not without reason - there were attractions from various parts of the world featured, and there was always something new. "I guess it couldn't hurt to stop by for a little while," he conceded. "I wonder what they have this time..."
Most of Leoquin's voyages weren't to anywhere particularly enjoyable - his skills were often employed for some far-off, gods-forsaken land or another. He didn't regret the skill set he took on, even if it wasn't a completely free choice - however, he did appreciate the times when he wasn't off somewhere, as extended trips out at sea tended to grow monotonous.

Though Gregor could appreciate some companionship, behemoths were naturally less social creatures. "GOOD FRIENDS. FOR TALKING, AND HUNTING, AND FIGHTING, YES? THOUGH WE ARE CURIOUS AS TO THE NATURE, AND WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO EARN THE SCOURGE'S LOYALTY, PROVIDED SUCH A THING IS MUTUAL. DO YOU EACH SERVE A FUNCTION TO ONE ANOTHER, Or DOES COMPANIONSHIP MERELY PROVIDE ENTERTAINMENT? DO YOU TWO HAVE MANY COMPANIONS? ARE YOU POTENTIALLY STANDING IN FOR THE MATE THE OTHER IS MISSING?" Gregor mused on the idea of their friendship, trying to understand a creature so much different than himself.

Latnok approached the entrance with his companions, withdrawing some scales for the "recommended" donation for an adult. He presented them to the attendant, as well as the letter he had received. He felt a bit silly paying when he and his friends were coming on someone else's request, but he didn't want to be seen as "that guy" - the cheapskate that couldn't be bothered to support the museum he was visiting. Appearance was always a concern since he was representing the Ardent Guardians.
"Hello there. We're here as per this letter," he explained. "I believe we'll need to talk with the curator. Is he available?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#416 Posted: 23:18:51 29/08/2020
"Oh-- it's you. You must be Latnok and that means..," the attendant began to say as he instinctively accepted and deposited the donation into what was presumingly a lockbox. He paused as he looked at Raclaw, whose description and 'uniqueness' met/exceeded what he was told to look for. "Yes, yes-- the curator told me to keep an eye for you. He told me to tell you to meet him in his office. You're find it through the Fur Dragon exhibit; look for the unmarked door and knock five times. I'm sure you can't miss it.," the young human male than said waving them through. As they entered, the trio (Latnok's 'generous' donation seemingly being enough for the three) would soon step foot into a large room with various signs pointing towards hallways and smaller rooms. Large statues and signs could immediately be seen with crowns gathering around to read what seemed, at glance, to be a historical depiction of the various dragon-related events including but not limited to the Great Reclamation. Various signs could be sign recording both the 'good' and the 'bad' with a somewhat neutral perspective on the subject matter, other than a slight dragon bias. Such a bias was natural, given the museum's name.

And indeed, a smaller directional sign could be seen showing a silhouette of what had to be Raclaw and pointing towards down one of the hallways. Chester and Raclaw looked up at the main room in both awe and curiosity, the latter haven't not seen or read much of his own general species' history.
---
#417 Posted: 01:30:11 30/08/2020
While he knew they had a mission at hand, Maverick suggested to Leoquin that they should have some fun first. It wasn't good to just work. He asked and the fair would be open for five more hours, so they could manage a bit of fun. Leaving Dahlia in a horse stable nearby and leaving the caretakers the lats she liked, Maverick and Leoquin headed to the fair, with the rain man paying both of their entrance.
"Impresionante! This place doesn't even feel like we're in Redwater. I wonder if I can win a prize for Ilasi." Maverick commented after seeing the different games, regretting not bringing her along. She could've had so much fun. If only he had known about the fair's existence much sooner.

Angora looked at the sky, estimating it was already afternoon. She still wanted to do other things, but Gregor looked so enthusiastic about the topic. If she ever hoped to change his views, she would enlighten him. After all, she still had six days free afterwards. But how could she explain everything?
"We're just... there for each other, you know? Special circumstances lead us to meeting, and eventually befriending each other. A friend is not just someone to bring you entertainment. It's someone that, you know, is there for you when you need them the most. Someone that cares and protects you. That listens to you whenever something is troubling you. Gives you advice sometimes too. Someone that compliments you. You might be good at something that they're not, and the other way around. And that helps you whenever you have a situation. Think of it as... a family member you get to choose." Angora explained, her brain having worked quite hard to come up with something that he would be able to understand. He didn't know what Gregor called his fellow behemoths if he was asking about friends, but apparently it wasn't by the word. Seemed to her they were mostly just work partners and that's it.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#418 Posted: 03:24:05 30/08/2020
Meanwhile at Shade’s cell he tried to see who the guards were stopping from getting to him. “Excuse me guards but who was that? She sounded like Angora.”

Meanwhile with Sozen....
Sozen was enjoying a small walk through a private court yard the Salvation house had that didn’t allow the younger ones in. He looked for a caretaker and found one. “Excuse me but do you think I could see more of the children again? Maybe I can show them what I can do?”
---
SC
#419 Posted: 07:23:11 02/09/2020
After a very busy morning, Huntress decided to rest without checking on Maverick's house again. This time, she didn't go to the castle inn. She went to the secret cave where she kept all her treasure. Sometimes she wondered if she resembled a dragon too much with the way she hoarded such treasure. When Armon Blakes' ship was sunk, General Lyon said to the king that the treasure he accumulated during his life of piracy was lost and dragged away by currents, but to avoid any suspicions, Huntress let him take some of the treasure to Seraos while she remained with the rest. She had wanted to spend it, but what if there was a financial emergency in her beloved city? It was impossible of course, but anything could happen, like the Scourge destroying part of the city again. What was going through King Seraos' head letting that thing alive? It was still imprisoned after all these years. She had been waiting for the destructor to be sent to the arena and be devoured by a behemoth, but no such thing has happened yet. There were rumors about the dragon being sacrificed eventually, but there was no evidence of it yet. Perhaps she should talk to the king later. For now, she just wanted to rest.

Among the pile of treasure, there was one that was said to be Armon's most beloved possession. An old lamp that looked like it was about to rust. Among the beautiful coins and jewlery, this ridiculous scrap of metal was apparently the thing he guarded the most. But why? Huntress had analyzed the lamp many times, but nothing indicates it was special. Perhaps it was a family heirloom? That was something Huntress found hard to believe, since there was no way the man was ever kind to any a family member. As much as she hated Maverick, she knew Armon mistreated his own son, so an heirloom couldn't be it. So what was it? The answer still eluded her...
---
#420 Posted: 06:10:40 03/09/2020
Meanwhile-- Risar and co (Icestorm for as long as he wanted to accompany him) checked on and returned from checking on the still unknown egg; the egg was 'healthy' as far anyone in the facility could tell, but the duo would be informed that Latnok would 'soon' be leaving with the egg to their main base 'as soon as he took care of other business.' That would naturally mean Raclaw and Chester too, seeing as they and Latnok were never too far from each other. As Risar and Icestorm walked, they would soon hear rumors of some kind of fair in town and distant lights could be seen...
---
#421 Posted: 06:34:20 03/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Leoquin envied the happiness Maverick had with his own family, and the constant reminder of such - though he kept those feelings to himself. After all, Maverick was helping him out.
"Anything involving throwing knives? I heard a rumor that you're pretty good at that kind of stuff," Leoquin mentioned. Leoquin himself was quite versed with throwing weapons - though, admittedly, mostly spears - so he would be eager to give such a game a try if they happened to stumble across it.

Ilasi, in the meanwhile, was at the market, after helping herself to a light meal at a restaurant. While browsing a merchant offering a collection of toys - including some clockwork toys, which she felt Tyrus might enjoy - she happened to spot her friend Grea.
"Hey, Grea!" Ilasi called out, stepping away from the stall and waving an arm to get the other mermaid's attention. Grea was in her terrestrial form, so she had evidently been out awhile.
"Oh, hey, Ilasi! Needed a bit of time to let loose?" Grea asked, being rather pleased to see someone she knew. "Though I don't see your husband here."
"Oh, he's out with Leoquin - a friend of ours - helping him out."
"Oh, Leoquin. I think I know who you're talking about. Good fisherman? Knows some magic? Not the most common thing among mermen," Grea elaborated.
"Ah, yeah, that's him," Ilasi confirmed. "He... well, he and Maverick have some important business to sort out," she said, not finding it suitable to offer any more of Leoquin's personal business.
Grea's eyes temporarily widened in suspicion before settling down. "Important business? Is that what they told you?"
"Oh, well, I know what they're doing... it's just some personal stuff for Leoquin," Ilasi answered, not quite sure what her friend was getting at.
"Oh, that's how it starts, anyway..." Grea said. "But plans change. They're friends, right? You get a bit of spending money to entertain yourself, but certainly you don't expect them to neglect their own entertainment. They'll probably wind up distracted and doing stuff like getting drunk and fighting and visiting brothels or whatever it is that men do for fun."
Ilasi's heart burned as she gave Grea a glance that reflected both anger and concern. Grea shrugged.
"What? Isn't that what men do for fun? I'm not a man," she said defensively.

Gregor gave a satisfied grunt, with Angora's answer being somewhat enlightening to him. "AH... SO THEY ARE SOMEONE YOU COME TO CHOOSE TO WORK WITH, LIKE AN ALLY - AND YET, YOU SPEAK WITH THEM AND FEEL FOR THEM THE SAME WAY YOU WOULD ABOUT FAMILY, DESPITE NO SUCH CONNECTION EXISTING? WE ARE... INTRIGUED. MUCH OF OUR CONNECTIONS - THEY ARE BORN OF MUTUAL BENEFIT. WE ALLY OURSELVES WITH THE OTHER SPECIES OF AELINON... WE HAVE MORE FOOD THAN WE WOULD EVER HAVE ALONE, AND IN EXCHANGE, THEY ASK US TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE THEM."
Gregor seemed to perk up as he spoke. "WAR... THERE IS LITTLE MORE SATISFYING THAN HEARING THE INSTRUMENTS, SMASHING THROUGH ENEMY FORMATIONS, BREAKING THEIR WALLS, FEELING EVERY PROJECTILE THEY THROW AT YOU IN THE ENEMY'S EFFORTS TO STOP US AS WE AND OUR ALLIES PUSH ON AND SLAUGHTER THEM... AND THE FEAST AFTERWARDS. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A WAR THAT HAS NEEDED US AS OF LATE, HOWEVER... WE GROW BORED, YET WE STAND BY EAGERLY AWAITING THE DAY." Like most behemoths, Gregor didn't shy away from the thought of fighting - rather, he absolutely relished it.

Latnok and his companions followed the relevant signs, with Latnok quickly analyzing the exhibits as they passed. Though much of the information regarding the dragons and the Great Reclamation was mandatory knowledge for the Ardent Guardians, he could appreciate how such a place could be used to educate people (even if some propaganda was involved.)
Though Latnok considered looking over the fur dragon exhibit a bit more, he decided to continue on, figuring that they would have plenty of opportunity to coordinate with the curator once they met him. Following the instructions, he sought and found a door without any markings, and gave five firm knocks. As he waited, he wondered just how the curator would react to actually seeing Raclaw in the flesh - what kind of curiosity would he... exhibit?

One of the guards gave Shade an indifferent shrug. "Oh, is that the name of that troll? Yeah, guess she was here," he answered nonchalantly. "By order of the king, however, no one is to approach you without the warden's approval. The warden is a busy man, so she had to schedule an appointment for later."

The caretaker gave Sozen a surprised and pleased smile. "Oh, you're all the talk amongst the children! They would love to see you again, I'm sure," he said. "We weren't accounting for such a thing in our schedule, however... I could try to get a quick roundup going. Maybe we'll give some of the more busy children a chance to see you later." The children at the shelter, naturally, didn't just sit there - they were being educated in various ways, from basic schooling knowledge to training in magic for the more capable.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#422 Posted: 07:26:58 03/09/2020
Quote:
Latnok and his companions followed the relevant signs, with Latnok quickly analyzing the exhibits as they passed. Though much of the information regarding the dragons and the Great Reclamation was mandatory knowledge for the Ardent Guardians, he could appreciate how such a place could be used to educate people (even if some propaganda was involved.)
Though Latnok considered looking over the fur dragon exhibit a bit more, he decided to continue on, figuring that they would have plenty of opportunity to coordinate with the curator once they met him. Following the instructions, he sought and found a door without any markings, and gave five firm knocks. As he waited, he wondered just how the curator would react to actually seeing Raclaw in the flesh - what kind of curiosity would he... exhibit?

As Latnok knocked on the door-- a voice could be heard coming from behind. "What is it?! I told you not to bother me until.. wait. Five knocks?," a man's voice was heard following by the sound of stumbling over something and picking himself up. "I'm coming, I'm coming-- just stay there!," the voice could be heard again following by the sound and sight of the door itself opening up. A short man with somewhat thick glasses could be seen, his eyes quickly widening upon the sight of what had to be Raclaw. "Why-- it's really you, isn't it? You're really here. I didn't.. you are.. amazing.," the man then said almost sounding as if he were about to pass out. "And if you're here, that must mean that--," he then paused looking up at Latnok. "Welcome Latnok. Welcome to the Museum of Dragons.. erm name work in progress. You might've seen us under a different name during one of your previous visits. I trust that the city is treating you and your.. allies well?," he then asked not wanting to immediate possibly offend a well-known Guardian such as Latnok. He knew how they were considered under the eyes of the law, but he also knew that he law more than a little bias *against* dragons. For better or for worse.
---
#423 Posted: 08:58:26 03/09/2020
Angora was quite disturbed by the conversation. Just when Gregor was seemingly finally understanding the concept of friendship, he suddenly talks about war. She knew behemoths were omnivores, but they apparently preferred meat. It was quite terrifying the way they rejoiced at the thought of war, and how Gregor talked in plural as if they were all connected. The conversation simply confirmed to her that they were working for Aelinon for the simple fact that wherever they were, they would be many unfortunate souls that would displease them and thus end up being food for the giant beasts.
"Well, isn't that... nice that you're being so well fed. Just... remember there isn't always going to be a war. Peace... well, it's something we should aim for. If... we can, you know? You will still have much food either way. And fun. There are so many ways to have fun. Humans seem to take good care of all of you, which is what matters." Angora said with much caution, trying not to show her nervousness. It was getting late, but Gregor didn't seem ready to have her leave yet. She looked around and could see that some of the other behemoths were paying close attention to them. It was quite uncomfortable seeing creatures thousands of times your size gazing at you. With the way he expressed himself, Angora was starting to wonder if Gregor did saw her as a friend or just a little prey that was too entertaining to consume...

Quote: A Guy
Leoquin envied the happiness Maverick had with his own family, and the constant reminder of such - though he kept those feelings to himself. After all, Maverick was helping him out.
"Anything involving throwing knives? I heard a rumor that you're pretty good at that kind of stuff," Leoquin mentioned. Leoquin himself was quite versed with throwing weapons - though, admittedly, mostly spears - so he would be eager to give such a game a try if they happened to stumble across it.

Maverick indeed had a good aim, but he didn't like involving such skills on account of reminding it of his pirate days, when he learned. Still, he decided to amuse Leoquin, and if his skills could fetch him a nice price for Ilasi and the kids, or maybe even Angora, it was worth a shot.
"Ah, so you did, huh? Very well then, let's go to that stand." Maverick said, signaling a game that, instead of knives, it used darts, which was... less dangerous than knives. The objective was to blow up the balloons that moved around the wall, which increased the challenge. The prices were good, from small weapons to toys, so it was definetly something Maverick could work for.

Not so far away from the stand, there was another one. It looked more like a small circus tent, and despite the many people, the gray haired woman with a crystal ball who was no doubt a fortune teller was sitting there, and noticed Maverick and his companion. Even from a distance, it was hard not to notice the faun man's fluffy arms.
"So it is true. There is a faun hybrid living in the city of Redwater. And I thought you were failing me." she said to the ball, having the luxury of talking to herself. Her stand was open, yet nobody was there. Fortune telling was very tricky magic. Not many people believed in it, and it was easy to get scammed. Even the few who did believed would rather avoid their fortune in fear of not enjoying life as much as they should be.
---
#424 Posted: 16:23:52 03/09/2020
“No rush. I’m not going anywhere.” Sozen said. “Maybe I could show them my powers of snow?”

Meanwhile with Shade....
“Sir if I may respectfully request May I see the warden? I know he is busy but allowing the troll and my friends to visit will help boost my spirits and have me work more efficiently than before. Even if it is just a short time.”
---
SC
#425 Posted: 21:42:20 03/09/2020 | Topic Creator
The curator's reaction didn't particularly surprise Latnok, with Raclaw being a member of a rather unusual - and almost extinct - species. Neither did the curator's appearance - which was rather stereotypical, though Latnok preferred not to mention such a thing.
"They're not just allies - they're friends," he corrected. "The city treats me just fine. Didn't grow up in Aelinon, but it's a nice enough place to live - or at least this city is. Anyway, I believe you needed our help in regard to the information you have documented on fur dragons - which we will be more than happy to provide you with. Though I would appreciate it if you could provide my friends with some refreshment for their time." As much as Latnok would have been willing to indulge in a casual conversation, he had a very busy schedule and had to get to business. Any such conversation would have to be done while conducting business.

"OUR ALLIES... THEY HAVE ALMOST ALWAYS BEEN INVOLVED IN FIGHTING OF SOME KIND," Gregor said. "SOMETIMES IN THEIR TERRITORY. IN LATER TIMES, THEY HAVE TRIED TO PUSH THE WAR OUTSIDE THEIR TERRITORY. SUCH PEACE IS UNPRECEDENTED... BUT WE WILL ADAPT. FOR AN ALLIANCE IS OF MUTUAL BENEFIT, AND WE MUST RESPECT THE WISHES OF OUR ALLIES IF THEY WISH FOR PEACE. BESIDES, THERE IS STILL THE ARENA..." Gregor gave a satisfied growl after his last comment.

Despite Grea's rather blatant faux pas, Ilasi still had a good time with her. Eventually, the two went their separate ways, after which Ilasi decided to head back to the toy stall.
Not hard to believe she's still single... she thought - though she felt bad for thinking that. Ilasi herself would likely still be single if it weren't for Maverick and his kindness and understanding. He was certainly a loyal man... almost certainly. He had to be... unless she was doing something wrong without realizing? But he would tell her if that were the case, wouldn't he? Maverick was a very kind man, and always concerned about the feelings of others... maybe he would avoid saying such a thing in order to avoid conflict.
Ilasi shook her head. She had to stop thinking about things like that... but what if... what if the appearance of Huntress wasn't just a coincidence?

The attendant noticed his stand getting attention from Maverick and Leoquin, and beckoned them over. "Step right up, step right up! Put your dart-throwing skills to the test, and you may win fabulous prizes!" he called. As Leoquin approached, he continued to speak.
"Well, you two look like some fine contestants! I bet you can even win the top prize! Only eight scales an attempt!"
"Well, don't mind if I do," Leoquin said, putting down the money, after which he received the darts and the machinery moved the balloons around. He threw the darts quickly and, for the most part, accurately - he missed two of the targets furthest away. Oh, well - dart throwing was quite a bit different from spear throwing.
"Fine show, young man! Help yourself to any of the prizes on the second shelf!" the attendant said, as he began setting up the targets once again. Leoquin ended up picking up a boomerang - he had never actually seen one, only heard of them. It was apparently an object made in a far-off land which would return to the thrower if tossed just right.

"That sounds like a fine idea," the caretaker said. "We can head to the same area as before. I'll call the children over." He left to do just that, and after the ring of a bell, many of the children were out once again - most of whom weren't there the previous time. The all looked at Sozen with admiration.

"The warden isn't here today," one of the guards answered Shade. "He's due to be back tomorrow - don't count on him to really care for your request, however. This isn't supposed to be a nice summer camp for you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#426 Posted: 22:37:37 03/09/2020
Maverick had no trouble with moving targets. It wasn't as if one's opponent was ready to stand still to let them get a good aim, so he was used to moving targets. Paying the attendant, Maverick had his turn. He first studied the pattern of the moving balloons for a little while... and then started throwing. His aim was amazing! Maverick managed to hit all the balloons in less than one minute. He only missed with one dart, but the object still managed to touch the balloon. Even if it didn't touch it with the pointy end the way it was intended, the balloon ran out of air as well, except at a slower pace than the others. Maverick could barely believe it. He still got it. He hasn't practiced in a long time. Darts felt very different from knives, but he used to practice with them when he was a young boy in order to perfect his knife throwing for the sake of his father. It wasn't a loving memory, but it was nice to use such skills for something good for once. While Maverick wasn't one to show off, his small, adorable and almost goofy grin clearly indicated he was feeling quite proud of himself.

Knowing what the top prizes were, he was already ready to take his pic. It was a toy that looked a lot like a panda, except it had cat ears. He didn't know if it was a real animal or simply an invention, but it was adorable. It felt like a plush toy, but besides cotton, it also had some flexible wires, which helped the extremities stand still, so the toy could also work as a figurine. He was certain Ilasi and the kids were going to love it. In the meantime, the fortune teller was observing from afar, impressed by the aim.

"OUR ALLIES... THEY HAVE ALMOST ALWAYS BEEN INVOLVED IN FIGHTING OF SOME KIND," Gregor said. "SOMETIMES IN THEIR TERRITORY. IN LATER TIMES, THEY HAVE TRIED TO PUSH THE WAR OUTSIDE THEIR TERRITORY. SUCH PEACE IS UNPRECEDENTED... BUT WE WILL ADAPT. FOR AN ALLIANCE IS OF MUTUAL BENEFIT, AND WE MUST RESPECT THE WISHES OF OUR ALLIES IF THEY WISH FOR PEACE. BESIDES, THERE IS STILL THE ARENA..." Gregor gave a satisfied growl after his last comment.

Now why did Gregor had to bring the arena? Didn't he know how such memory made her feel? He talked without taking any feelings into account. She was starting to believe behemoths were naturally inconsiderate. One thing he also confirmed though, was that Aelinon invaded territories, and likely, the ones that supposedly invaded theirs were just trying to recover what was originally theirs.
"Yes... the arena. I guess that is indeed entertaining and... filling. Good for you." she said meekly, once again hiding how uncomfortable the conversation was making her feel.

Still wanting to see the king today and not wanting to be late, she tried finding a way out. She looked at the sky.
"Oh my. Is it afternoon already? The sun moved. This was indeed an... enlightening conversation Gregor. I still have a few things to do today, so I'll be going soon. I promise I'll visit again soon if you want. Anything... else you need?" Angora asked, not wanting to leave immediately to avoid suspicions, though Gregor was so distracted with the thought of bloodshed and food that he probably wasn't noticing. He wasn't the very friendly behemoth she believed him to be, but it was still a good idea to maintain a close, cordial relationship with him... and his friends.
---
#427 Posted: 23:00:51 03/09/2020
Quote:
The curator's reaction didn't particularly surprise Latnok, with Raclaw being a member of a rather unusual - and almost extinct - species. Neither did the curator's appearance - which was rather stereotypical, though Latnok preferred not to mention such a thing.
"They're not just allies - they're friends," he corrected. "The city treats me just fine. Didn't grow up in Aelinon, but it's a nice enough place to live - or at least this city is. Anyway, I believe you needed our help in regard to the information you have documented on fur dragons - which we will be more than happy to provide you with. Though I would appreciate it if you could provide my friends with some refreshment for their time." As much as Latnok would have been willing to indulge in a casual conversation, he had a very busy schedule and had to get to business. Any such conversation would have to be done while conducting business.

"Of course, of course--," the curator said motioning for the Guardian and his friends to come in. Guardians weren't exactly known for having 'friends', but perhaps Latnok was the exception or perhaps Raclaw had drawn something out of him. Could the Fur Dragon's (advanced?) empathy had somehow allowed him to navigate the maze that led to something resembling a feeling coming out of him? Or perhaps the nearly extinct Fur Dragon had merely drawn pity out of the Guardian? The Guardians themselves were a whole 'nother interesting subject, but alas not the subject of his particular field of 'study.' As the trio entered the large room, various small scale exhibits could be seen on tables as well as many books (both new and old) lining some of the walls. It wasn't so much an 'office' as it was more a minotaur warehouse of ideas and the knowledge to feed into those ideas.

The curator motioned them towards a small table and nearby chairs, before walking towards a large desk and returning with some items. He produced a clear jug and a couple clear bowls-- feeling them with water and placing them on the ground near where Latnok would sit. He looked at Chester and then at Raclaw, before producing what looked like two long sticks of beef jerky. "You have to forgive me. I don't have any proper food on hand, but I do hope these will satisfy your friends. As long as they don't mind.," he then said with Chester naturally offering a pleading look although not quite begging out of respect. "No-- we don't mind. Please.," Raclaw said in a only slightly pleading tone before being thrown one of the beef sticks along with Chester. "Ah-- so he does speak. And yes, you would be correct. I wish... I wish to verify some things, to possibly learn some things, and maybe even tell you a thing or two about your friend here. My name is Saf Vukrutsk or just Saf if you prefer. Anything learned here-- with your permission --will be used to update and inform the visitors here at the museum. That is why I wanted you to come; I wanted you to see it for yourself and to get your perspective as an friend of a living Fur Dragon.," Saf then said offering a brief smile at the sight of dog and dragon chewing and drinking in a very familiar fashion.
---
#428 Posted: 04:35:48 04/09/2020
“Good afternoon children! As you may of heard I am Sozen the Snow Eagle. Let me ask you this. Do you want to see some magic?”

With Shade...
“I know but all I ask for is one request. That’s all.”
---
SC
#429 Posted: 06:48:07 04/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Latnok appreciated that, at the very least, there was food for his companions - and as long as they were satisfied, so was he. He was expecting more preparation from the curator, but Saf's provisions were acceptable enough.
"Wonderful. One of the things we are most diligent about as Guardians is the documentation of all manner of creatures," Latnok said. "A mutual exchange of information will help us both out quite a bit. Now, while my friends finish their food and drink, we can start to take a look at some of what you have." Again, Latnok didn't want his companions to feel rushed to eat - hence why he did not insist on waiting them to finish their meals before proceeding.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#430 Posted: 08:04:06 04/09/2020
After another failed attempt at discovering what made the lamp so special, Huntress left the treasure cave and returned to the city, taking another look at the bulletin boards. The jobs there were boring, and she already done the more interesting ones. Most of them were trivial tasks that she suspected were from rich or lazy people. She then did something that she rarely did... look at the hidden papers behind. And that's when she saw something that shocked her to no end. A dragon? In Redwater? That wasn't the Scourge? Why was such a task hidden? And since when was it available? Huntress was tempted to tell one of the guards what she discovered... but decided against it. This was her time to shine. For so long, she dreamed about slaying a dragon all by herself, not only to prove herself to Aelinon and king Seraos, but also to have a sense of satisfied revenge. She lost her entire family to a dragon, and while the beast was long dead, she was never satisfied.

The three former pirates were at their respective jobs, happy with their lives... well all except for Random. He was helping the vet attend a cow that wasn't producing much milk, and while the vet did most of the job, his mind lingered. Huntress was such a special woman, but also so harsh. It was as if nothing pleased her. He's been courting her for five years now, yet no major progress was ever made. What made her happy? She seemed content enough with being taught sign language, but nothing else. He didn't want to spy on her, and it wasn't as if he could ask around about her. It was embarrassing how little he knew about her. If only he could make her happy somehow...
---
#431 Posted: 21:57:52 04/09/2020
Quote:
Latnok appreciated that, at the very least, there was food for his companions - and as long as they were satisfied, so was he. He was expecting more preparation from the curator, but Saf's provisions were acceptable enough.
"Wonderful. One of the things we are most diligent about as Guardians is the documentation of all manner of creatures," Latnok said. "A mutual exchange of information will help us both out quite a bit. Now, while my friends finish their food and drink, we can start to take a look at some of what you have." Again, Latnok didn't want his companions to feel rushed to eat - hence why he did not insist on waiting them to finish their meals before proceeding.

"Excellent, Excellent-- than we shall proceed!," Saf exclaimed getting up from his seat and eager to show Latnok. Raclaw and Chester continued to eat and drink, taking their time as Latnok had intended by his actions thus far. The beef sticks were enough, as funny as it was perhaps for someone to see a dragon eating something in such a canine manner. It didn't matter though; Latnok didn't care, Saf clearly didn't care, and no one else was around to see them anyway. And anyone they cared about (Risar, etc) haven't and wouldn't care either. A dog-dragon was a dog-dragon was a dog-dragon...

As Latnok followed, Saf would begin to explain some of his process and idea behind the exhibit. "Here at the Museum of Dragons-- we like to focus not only on the past but the present as well. So far, we've had to gather information from known public sources and from those willing to speak up. As your friend is, as we know so far, the only living specimen of his species.. we've had to focus more so on him specifically for certain aspects. This is another reason why I wanted you to come. This isn't just the species' history or Raclaw's history, but in some ways.. yours as well now, as the caretaker, let's say Guardian of Fur Dragons. Or rather just the one.," the curator then said in a somewhat saddened tone having felt/pities for the all-but-gone species. As they entered the exhibit, a slightly smaller room could be seen and explored. The room seemed to have to have three walls-- one dedicated to the possible history of Fur Dragons, one dedicated to the current history of the one known Fur Dragon or 'Raclaw' rather, and another dedicated to visual information in the form of sketches and even what appeared to be an mostly complete painting.

The first thing to attract the eye would be the visual wall, which seemingly included what appeared to be a sketch of a generic-looking Latnok in his full dragonhide armor; it looked like an Guardian but didn't have too much concernable detail beyond that (perhaps something to correct?). The second sketch appeared to be that of a younger Raclaw.. posing? It was almost as if he were posing for an registration sketch; the image 'incorrectly' didn't include the collar, but was clearly at least inspired by when Sere had initially registered Raclaw for flight over Aelinon. And Finally the painting, which appeared to be of greater detail, appeared to be a somewhat (perhaps 50-80%) accurate painting of both Latnok and Raclaw. The former could be seen in his expected green armor, while the latter could be seen in what appeared to be a brownish-green bandana mostly accurate to its real life counterpart. And the included riding harness in the portrait was also seemingly mostly accurate. Written descriptions could be seen under each image-- "Latnok.. Ardent Guardian", "Young Raclaw.. a clerk's recollection", and "Latnok and Raclaw.. Rider and Mount; an combined recollection." Saf eagerly awaited any reaction, either good or bad. If the Guardian wanted any corrections or wanted to add more 'detail', he was certainly willing to discuss such matters.
---
#432 Posted: 01:16:13 06/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Gregor appeared to be content at the moment. "WE REQUIRE NOTHING ELSE FROM YOU. DO NOT LET US KEEP YOU FROM YOUR TASK," he answered. "WE WILL WELCOME YOUR RETURN IN THE FUTURE." Gregor stopped moving in order to give Angora the opportunity to climb down.

Leoquin and the stall attendant both gave Maverick an enthusiastic round of applause. "Excellent show!" the attendant congratulated. "My, that was impressive! You've most certainly earned that prize! Thank you for playing!" The events seemed to attract more attention to the game, with more potential customers looking and some beginning to approach.
One human boy was holding his father's hand as he pointed to the toy Maverick had procured. "Daddy, I want that! Can we get it?" he asked.
"Now, now, I'm sure we can find something nice for you later," his father said, as the pair moved along.
Leoquin gave Maverick a pat on the back. "Told you you could do it!" he said. "I'm sure they'll like the toy back home."

The guards frowned at Shade and his insistence. "After what you've done, the last thing you deserve is any sort of request," one of the guards snapped, "with the possible exception of your last meal." Don't push your luck."

The children crowding around Sozen all cheered when he offered to show them his magic. "Yes, please, Mr. Sozen!" one of them could be heard asking politely. The children looked on attentively, with some giving him space while others sought to get as close to the front as possible. There was a bit of jostling, but they settled down soon enough.

Latnok didn't immediately respond - he pulled a notebook and ink from his pack, writing down discrepancies as he came across them. "Taking down some notes - I'll sort the details in order of their importance once I'm finished with all of this," he explained. As he moved on, some of the things he wrote down were minor details, like parts of his armor that could afford to be added; others were major details, such as anatomical mistakes.
Once he had reviewed as much as he felt was necessary, he set his note-taking material aside, giving Raclaw the opportunity to weigh in; they would speak to the curator afterward, to sort all the details out.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#433 Posted: 01:54:26 06/09/2020
Shade looked down and backed away. He then went to lay back down and curled up. All he wanted was one little request. He never asked untill today. He then thought for a moment. “What about that Draikon guy? He seemed intrested in me. Could I help him with his research?”

With Sozen....
“Stand back children.” He then spread his wings and then white sparkles began to fall. They were warm to the touch as they fell all around. When one of the children touched one it sparkled all the colors of the rainbow. “This is the power of the Snow Eagle.”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:54:39 06/09/2020 by Spyroconvexity
#434 Posted: 02:26:27 06/09/2020
Quote:
Latnok didn't immediately respond - he pulled a notebook and ink from his pack, writing down discrepancies as he came across them. "Taking down some notes - I'll sort the details in order of their importance once I'm finished with all of this," he explained. As he moved on, some of the things he wrote down were minor details, like parts of his armor that could afford to be added; others were major details, such as anatomical mistakes.
Once he had reviewed as much as he felt was necessary, he set his note-taking material aside, giving Raclaw the opportunity to weigh in; they would speak to the curator afterward, to sort all the details out.

It wasn't too long until Raclaw and Chester finished eating-- the former not needing any verbal instruction. 'Well-- the collar's off here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Depends on how much we want to correct.,' he thought looking at the image of the clerk's recollection. He, and Latnok, could recall the scene where he had allowed himself to be initially registered.. looking absolutely adorable in the process. That and other reasons were probably why he was still considered a pet and not a mount; he was technically a sentient flying pet with the possibility (but not necessity) to be ridden. And that complex legal definition still somehow gave him almost all of the rights of his theoretical free dragon counterpart. Visually at least-- Seth was pretty spot on all things considered.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:44 06/09/2020 by redwes
#435 Posted: 03:38:09 06/09/2020
Maverick felt very proud of himself, even though he tried to remain humble about it. He was even tempted to give the toy to the kid that wanted it so much, but he was in a hurry and if he didn't think the family was going to love the toy themselves, he wouldn't have minded parting ways with it. He put it in his hyperspace bag.
"Well, seems like I helped business." he said jokingly after noticing a crowd starting to gather, wanting to try their luck as well after seeing him perform so well. He was having a lot of fun, but he couldn't forget the task at hand. He still needed to help Leoquin find his family and find out who Huntress was. But perhaps... Leoquin knew who she was? He doubted it but couldn't hurt to ask.

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, the fortune teller who has been watching them for a while interrupted him.
"Very nice display gentlemen. Your aim was true and precise... just as I predicted." she said after a short clasp.
"Come come handsome pair. Allow for Madame Rialia to read into your future and answer your questions. For such magnificent performance, I'll let one of you have a reading for free. How does that sound?" the grey haired woman suggested, genuinely impressed, especially by Maverick. It seems like his extra body hair was not the only thing that made him special. Maverick heard about fortune telling, but wasn't sure if to believe it. One thing was to perform magic to move object and such, but foresee the future? Maybe someone like Orion could, but anyone else? He looked at Leoquin, wondering what his opinion was.

Angora climbed down carefully to the nearest platform, almost asking Gregor to grab her and let her down himself, but that would feel too embarrassing. She returned the name tag, looking at the soldiers and almost swearing they were holding out their laughter with the way their faces were displayed. Once she was out of the giant stables and back to the carriage stop waiting for the next one, she decided to talk to Neo now that she was finally alone.
"Well, that was... disturbing. I should've known behemoths were so... sadist. And why did he had to mention the arena? Doesn't he remember I was there too? I swear, sometimes I feel like the only reason they don't eat me is because I entertain them too much." Angora said depressingly, having known that Gregor wasn't a saint, but this was the first time she caught a more heavy glimpse of his true nature. Perhaps it was to be expected?
---
#436 Posted: 01:10:02 07/09/2020 | Topic Creator
"You may help the man if the warden permits you to," the same guard answered Shade. "Any interaction you may be having with others is managed by the warden - it's as simple as that."

There was many oohs and aahs as Sozen demonstrated his capabilities, with many of the children scrambling to get their hands on any piece of snow they could reach. His audience was completely captivated - and few would fault tme for being so distracted, especially at the game most of them were.

Latnok wrote down Raclaw's own observations, before transferring everything to a new list - this time, sorted appropriately in order of the importance of the various details. Admittedly, Saf and his staff did a good job for the limited information they had; he was almost expecting something akin to a caricature.
Once that was done, Latnok presented his findings to Saf. "Well, here's what we've noted - good job overall, but here's how it could be better," he said. "However, correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm assuming that the information you have here in these exhibits isn't everything you have - just the most certain and presentable elements. Do you have any other information that you didn't put in the exhibits? It'd be rather helpful to us."

Leoquin gave an inward chuckle. he couldn't recall anyone ever calling him handsome, besides his mother - but he would take what he could get. Seeing Maverick's expectant look, he returned the gaze to answer.
"Fortune telling? That would fall under divination... Ilasi had some knowledge of divination, so she might know stuff, but I don't know if she knew about future sight in particular - more stuff like scrying. From what I know, the further you look, the harder it is... oh, yeah, I think the Guardians also used something similar in combat? Though it was only a few seconds ahead at most, and they needed to be well-trained to manage even that in the heat of combat... I'd say that a meaningful future reading isn't something I expect any but the most exceptional diviners to be able to do, but as long as the first reading's free, I guess it wouldn't hurt to see if she's 'exceptional'."
Having said his piece, he returned his attention to the woman offering the readings. "Sure, I guess I'll bite... What can you tell me about my family?" he asked hesitantly - partly because of skepticism, and partly because he was afraid of the answer he would receive.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#437 Posted: 02:08:53 07/09/2020
Quote:
Latnok wrote down Raclaw's own observations, before transferring everything to a new list - this time, sorted appropriately in order of the importance of the various details. Admittedly, Saf and his staff did a good job for the limited information they had; he was almost expecting something akin to a caricature.
Once that was done, Latnok presented his findings to Saf. "Well, here's what we've noted - good job overall, but here's how it could be better," he said. "However, correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm assuming that the information you have here in these exhibits isn't everything you have - just the most certain and presentable elements. Do you have any other information that you didn't put in the exhibits? It'd be rather helpful to us."

"Ah-- of course, of course. You would be correct; follow me back to my office if you don't mind.," Saf said reading over their finding and making quick mental notes of immediate adjustments to be made. The portrayal of Raclaw being 'just a pet' would be something to immediately correct.. rather instead presenting the Fur Dragon as a beloved and noble friend, companion, and mount in that order. As the trio returned to the office and once again sat down, Saf would go to one of the nearby walls and pull out a few sizable books. "This is an old manuscript by an explorer known as Sir Warmond Frantisek-- it's in draconic, but I believe that you or at least your friend here may be able to read it for yourself.," he then said setting the book down and turning it to a marked page. The first paragraph read as an continuation of what was already presented (and translated) in the exhibit, but what followed after was something very different.

"Rumors say that the demise of the Fur Dragon's known population numbers weren't just due to the species being hunted and killed for thievery and assumption of livestock (a crime determined to be worth death via execution)-- but also the active act of the species fleeing early on to lands unknown to find a new home where they may learn to hunt and thrive without either prosecution by man's axe or the capture & subsequent domestication of both the individual itself and the species as a whole. This theoretical land of asylum remains undiscovered, but was once referred to as both the Land of Myth and the Island of Myth by sources who either couldn't recall or refused to call they had gotten their information. Other sources say that such an isle could never exist without being discovered, but the number of active known Fur Dragons only continues to drop despite man and other man's best attempt to keep the species afloat. Some numbers suggest that the species is declining at a rate faster than known rate of Fur Dragon execution and death by natural cause, indeed suggesting that a considerable percentage of the species is fleeing or at least attempting to flee to this unknown land of escape.," the page read suggesting that perhaps Raclaw wasn't really the last. They hadn't yet managed to find a Fur Dragon in known lands, but could the reason be because what they were looking for wasn't in any known land at all? Raclaw remained silent as he read it, absorbing and thinking over the new (if not rumor mill territory) 'information.' If this really was true-- then their search thus far would've been for naught regardless of where in the known lands they searched.
---
#438 Posted: 05:16:41 07/09/2020
The fortune teller frowned with skepticism. Maverick knew Leoquin would've wanted to go first. It was a free reading and his situation was more urgent after all.
"I can see you gentlemen are not future seekers. Dwellers of the past to avoid making the same mistakes, perhaps?" she expressed, taking a hair out of Leoquin's head with his permission to begin the reading. Telling the future was usually harder than the past, but she focused on the former so much that ironically, it was the other way around for her.
"Three mermen, fill of pride. Two through turbulent currents. Hmm, and... a giant insect?" the woman exclaimed as she looked into the crystal ball. The only description she remembered of that were... Ishulgites? Did this merman's family was involved with them.
"But wait, there's more. Oh wait, I can't see anything. But... I hear something. Someone calling themselves... Sheriff? No that's not right. Shepherd." she concluded, the crystal ball not giving her anything else.
"My apologies gentlemen. I can't see anything else. Powerful magic must've been involved in whatever these merfolks were involved in." she explained, not finding any other explaination. She knew that such a bad reading could jeopardize the money she could win with the second reading.

The reading was enough to convince Maverick. Shepherd... that was a name Angora mentioned when venting with him about the hardships the Ishulgites made her go through. With such info, she has to be the real deal.
"It's alright, you did your best. Muchas gracias." Maverick said kindly, reassuring her.
"Thank you young man. I can tell your heart is pure and noble." she said, really liking Maverick and hoping Leoquin wasn't upset for being unable to provide the information he wanted.

With Neo not answering, Angora assumed he was dormant again. Shame cause she could really use someone to talk to. Soon enough, the carriage arrived, driven by a woman around Ilasi's age. It was a relief for Angora. Human women were usually kinder. Not always, but often.
"So... is there a carriage to Tal Rojas?" she asked the woman.
"Yeah... no. I wouldn't press my luck. Carriages don't often go there. The only faster way is to rent a wyvern or a behemoth, and unless you're rich or a soldier... or the king, don't see it happening." The woman replied in a quiet, yet indifferent tone. She wasn't exactly rude, but sounded rather upset. The anger didn't seem directed to Angora though. She remained quiet the rest of the way, wondering what her next plan could be. She just finished talking to the behemoths, and she doubted the soldiers would give her a ride. One thing was to visit and entertain them, but another thing entirely to use them as transports. Wyverns were out of the question as well. They would rather eat her than give her a ride, and she knew the riders would want to avoid making their mounts uncomfortable with her presence. Only the Guardians ever took that risk. There was only one option... Veris. But Angora despised the idea of visiting the Guardian's base in her break, but what other choice could she possibly have?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:12 08/09/2020 by Felines
#439 Posted: 01:18:37 08/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Leoquin's eyes opened wide in astonishment as the fortune teller gave her reading, with her mentioning details she couldn't have possibly guessed at random - but the ending brought him little more than frustration. "That's it? That's it?! Why did you stop? Keep going! Don't just leave me there... oh, get you. I'll play along. How many scales would it take to open your vision up a bit more?" As silly as he felt, the fortune teller could obviously recall some details - it was a better lead than many others he's had over the years.

Draconic was something Latnok had taken the time to learn over the years, with his new duties - an though he wasn't yet conversational in the language (not that he figured he would ever need to be), he knew enough of it to be able to read the older texts with a bit of effort. Upon reading, he could see why such information wasn't immediately presented in the exhibits - it seemed like speculation at best, and a farfetched conspiracy theory at the worst. Still, it was a bigger lead than they had already.
"That's... not a hypothesis I was aware of," he said, reviewing what he read to make sure he understood it correctly. "So fur dragons have been vanishing, but they can't all be accounted for by counting up the dead. So that would suggest that they're all ending up somewhere we don't know about... but how would such a place manage to stay hidden for so long?" It would bring up more question about the various record-keeping measures - were they shoddy, or were fur dragons really just vanishing without anyone being able to track them? It raised questions - and brought up the possibility that perhaps the search for Raclaw's kin would have to be widened, through some means they hadn't considered yet.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#440 Posted: 01:46:32 08/09/2020
Suddenly Sozen started to glow white and then some snow transformed into an ice slide. “Would any of the children like a turn?” He said offering a fun time.

“I see.” He could see he wasn’t going to get anywhere with these guards. He had never asked for anything his entire imprisonment. This was the first time he had asked. For any kind of request,
---
SC
#441 Posted: 02:16:02 08/09/2020
Raclaw read and reread the highlighted text over and over in his mind-- it seemed too good to be true, but just the possibility of it being true was something to be beholden indeed. "That-- that is correct. Written history can confirm that the Fur Dragon population was indeed lessened by human hands, so that part is at least true. And our own findings have found some levels of discrepancy among known sources of data; some sources suggest that death by natural cause was at play and that such instances either weren't properly recorded or that such data was simply lost due to time. By official record, all missing fur dragons were simply assumed to be extinct and the species itself was assumed to be extinct. That is until you showed up.," Saf began to respond somewhat carefully choosing his words and looking at Raclaw. There was no doubt about it-- the information was at least partly based off rumor, hence why he hadn't (yet?) chose to display it. And that meant that protecting and preserving Raclaw was now more important than ever. If the data-- if the rumors rather were wrong, than he would still be the last Fur Dragon. And the species as a whole.. would die with him.

"If I may ask, what precautions are you and your Guardians taking in regard to Raclaw? I know you mentioned the collar and that it is worn by choice (which I respect), but what capabilities do you have of tracking him in instances where he might be alone and at risk of possible.. erm capture for lack of better words?," Saf then asked with some level of concern. Raclaw was a member of an endangered species and such tracking could become essential.
---
#442 Posted: 03:03:30 08/09/2020
Angora remained quiet and melancholic for the rest of the way. Since she was the only passenger and the driver was bored, she decided to make some conversation.
"You... you're the troll I heard so much about. Nice to meet you." she said in a calm yet same boring tone.
"Heh, all bad I suppose. So many people hate me. I help around. I have saved others. I try fitting in, yet I'm still treated like trash. I haven't made a new friend in years. Most of them... if they can be called that, are beasts that probably don't care if I live or die. I can't even see one of my first friends in prison even after asking nicely." Angora vented, unable to believe how pathetic she was to vent with a stranger. The woman suspected she knew whom she was referring to, but decided not to dwell on it.
"Well actually, it hasn't been all bad talk. Some people do talk good things about you... but I understand. Not only you're a troll. You're a woman. I mean, a female? Not even sure how to call it, but you know what I mean. You're lucky you're so small. It would be a certain kill on sight if you were normal size. But don't you think you're the only one with such a predicament. I was studying to be an officer just like my daddy, and why I can't? Because I'm a weak looking woman. Only the powerful men get the most respect. Here I am driving this smelly carriage in order to pay for my studies and do the next best thing, a security guard. That's not even so complex to have so much studying. Of course, I am going to have bulky companion to back me up all the time, cause I can't do it on my own." the woman explained frowning, Angora realizing why she looked so annoyed.

The two of them talked for a while more, venting with each other. Angora felt so good afterwards, and soon enough, so was the woman. And before they knew it, they arrived to Redwater.
"Thank you lady. I mean, miss. Good luck with your studies." Angora said with a smile.
"Thanks troll. I mean, Angora. Good luck with your life... and your friend." the woman said, liking Angora quite a bit. Trolls were seen as monster so often, she was glad Angora proved to be an exception. She wondered if she was an entirely different species altogether. Like many others, she didn't like the Scourge of Redwater, but Angora was likable enough that she didn't want to offend her. Once she left, the little troll knew it was back to reality. It was late afternoon, and chances were she wasn't going to return to Maverick's place before nightfall like she intended. But this was an urgent matter. With a groan, she headed to one of the Guardian's landing places of the city, hoping one of them with an errand landed there so they could take her to the base so she could borrow Veris and fly to Redwater herself. She could just ask the Guardian to take her to Tal Rojas, but doubted any of them would do her such a favor...

Leoquin's eyes opened wide in astonishment as the fortune teller gave her reading, with her mentioning details she couldn't have possibly guessed at random - but the ending brought him little more than frustration. "That's it? That's it?! Why did you stop? Keep going! Don't just leave me there... oh, get you. I'll play along. How many scales would it take to open your vision up a bit more?" As silly as he felt, the fortune teller could obviously recall some details - it was a better lead than many others he's had over the years.

The woman's expression changed, even scaring Maverick.
"Are you questioning my professionalism boy? You think I'm just doing this for money after I specified it was a free reading." she said, clearly offended.
"Listen, I don't know what your family was involved with, but it's clear to me they were surrounded by very shady magic. If you have come here to insult MY integrity, then GET... OUT..." she started to say angrily when the crystal ball turned reddish orange. It emitted a heat that could be felt several feet away.
"What's this? An... explosion?" she exclaimed, Maverick trying to recall what it could mean. Then it came to him. The explosion on the island years ago that killed those many children. He looked at Leoquin sadly, knowing what it implied.

Maverick was starting to think the worst when the fortune teller spoke again.
"They are surveilling the disaster. They made it, but are injured. They ran away, and... swam away. Oh. They arrived somewhere. They It looks like... like..." the woman suddenly gasped loudly. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She suddenly covered her crystal ball with a blanket and put in a closed sign.
"Apologies gentlemen. No more readings for today. Still free. Good day." the woman said abruptly, taking the covered crystal ball and retreating into her tent. What the heck?
"Miss? Mrs? Oye! Hey! What is that all about!? HEY!" Maverick demanded, almost entering the tent by force when he was stopped by one of the fair's guards.
"I'm sorry gentlemen, but when a shop is closed, you don't disturb the workers. Be gone with you." he said, Maverick knowing it was futile to argue.

He then placed a hand around Leoquin.
"I'm very sorry about that mi amigo. I... wish I could understand. But... if she's telling the truth, then your family has to be alive, don't they? She would've told us if they weren't. Maybe they're somewhere in Falcon's Beak?" Maverick stated, trying to remain hopeful for the both of them. If they were dead, the fortune teller could've just said so. So why didn't she? What did she saw that made her change her expression so much?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:08:00 08/09/2020 by Felines
#443 Posted: 00:28:12 10/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Naturally, I would be careful with such a valued friend of mine," Latnok said. "we're rarely far from each other - but in the event that we are, the collar is capable of sharing Raclaw's location with me. I can be replaced by another high-ranking member of the Ardent Guardians in the event of my death," he explained. "Don't worry - we haven't grown complacent." Latnok figured that such concern was more out of a desire to preserve knowledge than actual concern for his friend, but didn't mention as much.

Leoquin gave a small shrug. "If they were there, we would have found them by now..." he said skeptically. "We've done a pretty good job mapping the place out."
Once again, Leoquin recalled the sudden explosion, followed by the fortune teller's reaction. "Maybe there's something she knows but doesn't want to share?" The two were given a peremptory dismissal - typically not the appropriate way to treat customers, but then, maybe she didn't value their money due to her providing her service for free. "I don't normally trust these diviners to give anything but the most basic information, but she definitely knew what she was talking about. Not that there's anything we can do about it now, however - we can't exactly make her talk. Back onto the original plan, then." Though the detour originally appeared to be nonproductive, it turned out to have offered valuable information.

The children all made a hasty line in order to enjoy the slide provided by Sozen - there was a bit of pushing and shoving, but they all sorted themselves out soon enough. The experience was unlike anything they had done since their time at the Salvation House.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#444 Posted: 02:35:28 10/09/2020
"Latnok is right; we've taken such things into account. And I wouldn't have approved of such things if I didn't trust in his and the Guardians' capabilities.," Raclaw added speaking up and placing a paw on the collar, briefly lifting up a part of the bandana to reveal it. That brief glimpse would reveal both the silver D-ring and green gem to Saf, giving him an idea of how to have his people illustrate the collar. "I see-- I am glad. And you are happy with Latnok? With the Guardians?," he then asked perhaps to satisfy some curiosity. "I am.. yes. They, Latnok, have treated me well and I couldn't have asked for a better friend or an better protector. This collar will go where I go, wherever that may be, and is not going anywhere anytime soon. I know that and so will anyone that tries anything with me. I know that I may be the last, but.. but I know how to look after myself and how to find help when I need it.," the collared Fur Dragon then said looking at Latnok and at Saf again. He didn't entirely appreciate being treated like some *specimen* that needed scientific supervision. He may had been collared and for good reason, but he was still his own dragon and not just something new/unique to study and track.

"I.. I understand. You and Latnok, you look like you were made for each other. And for what it counts-- I hope you find your kin, not just for the community but for yourself. You'll have to forgive me, you're not the only 'last of their kind' I've seen. Back in my hayday, I've visited 'Purid, The Lonesome.' They were the last Leopard Gryphon and all attempts of.. ensuring their species survival were unsuccessful. They were unique for being the rare example of a spotted gryphon, just as you are unique for being a furred dragon. If this land of Myth is real, I hope you find it. Truly. And if there is anything we here can do for you-- please let us know.," Saf responded. "I want to see you succeed. I want to see your species succeed. It-- it would bring hope to the world.," he then added looking at both Raclaw and Latnok.

When he had first learned of Latnok and Raclaw-- he had envisioned them being just man and beast, or master and pet. Raclaw, legally and technically speaking, *was* still a pet.. there was no doubt about that. Latnok's talk of someone else taking his place in case of his death only further proved that; Raclaw (by his own words) would never 'escape' what seemed to be a seamless collar. And the Fur Dragon, for better or worse, would always need a keeper. But to his initial shock, they seemed to view and treat each other as equals-- almost like partners. Latnok didn't see a specimen or a pet or a mount-- he saw a person, albeit one in a feral form factor. It was amazing actually. And he hoped that the resources available to him would prove to help them, at least a little. Indeed, he had a few key corrections to make in regards to how his exhibit presented the duo .. no trio. He offered a brief smile to Chester.

---

Quote:
Once she left, the little troll knew it was back to reality. It was late afternoon, and chances were she wasn't going to return to Maverick's place before nightfall like she intended. But this was an urgent matter. With a groan, [Angora] headed to one of the Guardian's landing places of the city, hoping one of them with an errand landed there so they could take her to the base so she could borrow Veris and fly to Redwater herself. She could just ask the Guardian to take her to Tal Rojas, but doubted any of them would do her such a favor...

Angora would be in luck-- and an Guardian could be seen in process of preparing his Wyvern's tack for flight.
---
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 14:52:46 10/09/2020 by redwes
#445 Posted: 04:26:33 10/09/2020
“You think asking a Guardian will help move things along with seeing Shade?” Neo said.

Sozen smiled. “Carful children. One at a time.” He said. “Seeing smiles of others makes me glad. I just wish I could see my sister in the Southern snow fields.”
---
SC
#446 Posted: 07:37:51 10/09/2020
So now Neo finally decided to speak up.
"Yes. They have high influence in Aelinon, and if somebody can help me, it's them. Shady can't wait any longer. Even if this Guardian doesn't take me to Tal Rojas right now, he can still take me to the base and find someone to help me. Sere most likely, or maybe Julian..." Angora said, the two Guardians being the only ones in that miserable nest of violence and bigotry that ever treated her with some respect... mostly just Julian. She didn't see him as much as she wished, but he was the only Guardian she genuinely cared about.

After the Guardian landed, Angora told Neo to remain quiet.
"Hey there. Excuse me. Over here. Please. I need a lift. Can you take me to a Tal Rojas? If not, just to the Guardian base." Angora asked politely, not feeling the need to say who she was. Pretty much every Guardian knew who she was by now. A troll being a wyvern's caretaker, and the boss's wyvern on top of that, was bound to be notorious.

Knowing how discouraged Leoquin was feeling, Maverick started to brainstorm some ideas. He grabbed Leoquin's shoulder to stop him.
"We're not giving up yet. I don't know why the woman was so afraid, but I will find out if it means a step closer to your family. I despise the idea of bribery, but maybe if I offer her a large sum of money..." Maverick thought, wondering if the woman would be willing to accept money to compensate the potential customers she lost due to closing early.
"Escucha, if your family is in the archipelago, we will find them. Recuerda that it was unexplored territory for a very long time, but now that those awful storms are gone, we can explore them. I know señor Risar has his own ship and crew now, so maybe he can help us." Maverick concluded, believing that the minotaur wouldn't deny help to some dear, old friends. He didn't know how he managed to get his own ship, but it was marvelous news.
---
#447 Posted: 07:51:16 10/09/2020
"Tal Rojas? No can do little missy, but you're free to sit in the back with my supplies if you can manage to hold on to the base. Just make it quick-- I have a time table to keep.," the Guardian merely stated recognizing but treating the familiar Angora with neither respect or disrespect. He quickly began to strap the harness and saddle onto his mount, in a well-trained and expedited manner not unlike that of Latnok to Raclaw. "That's a good girl. Now-- we have a guest today. Try not to throw her off, okay?," he said in an almost whisper-like tone speaking in such a manner not to be 'kind' but rather to calm his beast of burden down for practical reasons. He quickly began to get on, seemingly not waiting long for Angora to either get on or change her mind.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:13:40 10/09/2020 by redwes
#448 Posted: 08:08:34 10/09/2020
Angora wasn't upset about the response, but it was still disappointing even if she could see the answer a mile away. Even though she hated the idea of going to the base on her week off, perhaps it was for the best. Trying to reason with the king alone was not going to make much progress, so having a Guardian likely to help to back her up would increase her chances. She climbed the wyvern, knowing she had nothing to fear as long as the rider was there. Wyverns that weren't Veris attacked her very often, but they never tried doing so at the presence of their master, knowing it wasn't in their place to attack others without permission.

At the place where General Lyon and his warriors was attacked, Huntress was making her appearance. This was quite a disgusting place, but this is where the paper said to go. The merman was nearby, still having waited someone to answer the job.
"Excuse me miss. Are you lost?" he asked, not knowing Huntress.
"This? I'.pm here for the job." she answered, finding him rather dumb for not seemingly not recognizing his own work.
"You!? Miss, with all due respect, this is about a dragon. Even bigger than the Scourge of Redwater. This is no job for..." the merman started to say, but Huntress slapped him with the piece of paper. It wouldn't have hurt at all if it wasn't for the fact that she managed to give him a paper cut.
"Listen you chauvinistic chump! Don't you know who I am? And do you think I came here unprepared!? How pathetic you are that you, a merman warrior for the looks of your attire, are so afraid of a dragon! Just tell me where you saw it and I'll be certain to slay it before it causes any more trouble." Huntress said cockily, already making a bad impression on him. The merman was trained to fight, serve and protect, but wouldn't mind if the dragon... gave her at least a scare and teach the stubbornly prideful woman a lesson.
---
#449 Posted: 08:30:46 10/09/2020
Neither wyvern or master immediately offered any further response, verbal or otherwise, to Angora's actions-- the Guardian seemingly just wanting to get on with his business. The Wyvern's back offered plenty of room between its rider and its burden in the form of multiple strapped down supplies made of various leather or leather-like materials. There was presumingly more inside said supplies, but such a search would require scooping.. on a flying beast high in the sky. The Guardian would remain silent until they were fully up in the air and Redwater was just behind them. "If you plan to take a pit stop at the base-- don't bother looking for Raclaw. He's with his master back in Redwater, something about finding a museum of dragons. I hear you and he are friends or something like that; you bathe him.. right?," the Guardian would then begin to say seemingly viewing Raclaw as just a pet or mount.
---
#450 Posted: 08:49:02 10/09/2020
The Guardian talking about Raclaw reminded her of the task she had about bringing him at school. It was probably going to take her a while, but she hoped the fur dragon was still there in Redwater when she came back to explain her plan. Otherwise, she could just do it at the base itself.
"Not often, but yes. And no, I'm not looking for him... this time." Angora assured as she hold on tight, finding it ironic and quite humiliating that Raclaw, who was considered more of a pet than she was, was seemingly treated with more respect than her. Trolls were just that hated.

Back at the swamp, the merman was done explaining to Huntress about the dragon, how it didn't have wings and how it was practically impossible to explain how it disappeared. He didn't mention about the beast saving them to avoid agitating Huntress further. She analyzed the footprints, and since the ground didn't seem to be dug out and disturbed, she only had one explaination.
"It's obvious. The dragon flew away. Maybe it's winds were so compressed to it's body that you didn't see them." Huntress said stubbornly, refusing to accept the possibility of the dragon using magic or something similar to retreat. It was depressing to believe people like him were soldiers of Aelinon.
"The dragon didn't have wings. We made sure of that. Besides, if it had flown away, at least one of us would've seen it in the sky. Look at the trees. They are not disturbed. If it had flown, many branches would've fallen off." the merman observed, but Huntress didn't want to be contradicted.
"Well so what? Dragons can be as slippery as snakes, can't they? Maybe it used the space that don't cover the air to make a clean, flexible retreat." she said, with the merman already giving up in making her see sense. If the dragon was around, they were probably doomed, something the merman believed he probably deserved for letting a woman do the job and not contacting king Seraos, even if it meant going against his boss' wishes.
---
First | Previous | Page 9 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 27 28

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me