Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
First | Previous | Page 6 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27 28
The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private] [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#251 Posted: 02:56:47 01/08/2020
Despite the teacher's calm demeanor, Angora didn't want to push her luck. She did feel quite insulted when he didn't even mention what she just said about herself and her brother.
"Yes sir." she replied dryly, saying nothing else. There was a lot of work ahead of her. He said all dragons, but she refused to believe that. Everything had exceptions. Everything. Shade wasn't a dragon from this world, but still a dragon nevertheless, and he would never enslave anyone, and doubted his family would do the same. And their main deity. the Galaxy Dragon. Not human. A dragon. It could be just one of his many forms, but so far, she has only seen him as a dragon. Fearing she could frustrate Mr. Fletcher if she reminded him of that one crucial detail, and not wanting to embarrass Tyrus, Angora let him proceed with the class.

The warriors examined the regurgitated mercenary, but while he was still intact, he wasn't alive. The investigation would've taken a while longer, but they had to attend the injured.
"Nobody mentions this to King Seraos! Can you imagine what he would think when we say a dragon that size vanished out of thin air? This is between us!" General Lyon ordered sternly, knowing they were either going to be looked at as incompetent or crazy if they tried to explain what happened there today. The merman that attacked the dragon was paralyzed, unable to move his legs, so he had to be carried. The centaur could still walk, but was losing blood.

Neither of the attackers was still alive, but a plaque hidden in one of them indicated that he worked for a mysterious organization called the R&U, which meant Rare & Unique. They were hunters who captured rare creatures, whether dead or alive, and sold them to the black market. It wasn't a popular practice, given that those that were arrested received a very severe penalty, not to mention there was no guarantee for success, but when there was, it was a business that left millions in earnings. But how did they know about Sergeant Farlo, and that they would be there at that precise moment? Nobody remained to explain, and now it didn't matter. The top priority for the general was to get his friend and the warriors some medical help...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:58:27 01/08/2020 by Felines
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#252 Posted: 03:33:36 01/08/2020 | Topic Creator
The history lesson did not last for much longer before the students transitioned to mathematics. The lesson began with an introduction to some scientists who came up with some key mathematical principles, before going into more detail to explain them. Of course, many of the details were relatively simplified for now - even if this was an advanced class, these were still children, after all.
Tyrus found the material relatively easy to grasp. The same could not be said for many of his classmates. Some would suspect the hybrid was "cheating" somehow, based on his unusual nature, though that accusation generally wasn't made publicly.

Leoquin, meanwhile, was waiting for Maverick to appear at his usual place. It had been awhile since the two had spoken, so it would be perfect for catching up.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#253 Posted: 04:05:33 01/08/2020
While Angora didn't like what was said about dragons, it was still a more interesting subject than mathematics. Like really? Why go beyond the simple sum and division? Or multiplication? She was certain there was an easier way to solve the problems shown, an easier method, yet humans always seemed to like complicating matters far more than necessary. She wasn't a student, so it wasn't necessary for her to pay attention. She remained quiet and calm in her chair, trying not to draw attention to herself to avoid breaking the children's concentration.

Walking through the tunnel and reaching their destination, Lyon pushed the orb with his friend inside, followed by his warriors, some of them carrying the most injured. They reached a clinic underwater for fast attendance, with the general making the doctors promise to keep the sergeant's appearance a secret.
"I'm so sorry about this my friend. You're right. Even if the king wants peace, there will always be rotten human beings looking to harm. I really thought... it could be different." General Lyon said gloomily, maintaining a stoic face but hurt inside.
"We wish for nothing more than to return to the world we once knew, but the world belongs to humanity now. Besides, we do have a nice life, even if we have to remain hidden. Say hello to Lydia for me, will you? I'm planning to leave today." Sergeant Farlo assured, wanting to leave today regardless of how well his wound heal. Centaurs were sturdy and healed fast, so he doubted he would have to wait long.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#254 Posted: 04:31:59 01/08/2020
“Yah. I can work with that.” Sozen said as he followed Latnok and Raclaw. “So how long has this safe house been here?”
---
SC
#255 Posted: 16:04:19 01/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Perhaps a little reluctantly, one of Tyrus' classmates pulled his attention to ask him for assistance on a problem - perhaps the girl, a mermaid, would've been better served by paying attention more, but that sort of thing wasn't always the priority of young students. Mr. Fletcher, noting the class having a rather difficult time, decided that perhaps now would be the best time to take a break.
"Okay, let's stop for a moment," he called, getting the attention of the class. "As you all certainly know by now, we have a visitor - Angora is her name. This would be a good time for us to all get to know her better. You will all have the opportunity to speak to her now."
The interest of the class suddenly piqued again, with the students becoming more lively. "Easy now," Mr. Fletcher called. "Let's do this in a nice and orderly fashion."

"This particular place has been here for a few months under five years," Latnok indicated. "This was the first place, in neutral territory. Got the idea for it during the struggle with the Ishulgites - seeing all of the lost children that were lured to them. There had to be a better way to give a future to them. And so here we are today - we give them hope by educating them and helping bring out their full potential."
The four eventually approached the front entrance of the shelter. "We can start by calling out the children currently on break from their schooling," Latnok suggested.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#256 Posted: 16:38:25 01/08/2020
Mr. Fletcher seemed like a nice enough man, but Angora wasn't fond of what he taught to the children. Not only did he taught about such gruesome parts of history, if it was true to begin with, but also taught all those complicated math problems. No wonder the children were loosing focus. At least he was comprehensible enough to notice and stop. Children needed to learn, but also enjoy being that, children. But when she heard what the next subject would be, she blushed and partially hid her face. She couldn't stand the idea of so many little kids surrounding her and asking her too many questions at the same time, but this was only temporary. And it was necessary. If the children could see that a troll could be different and not at all like what they were portrayed as, perhaps their interest could extend to other creatures as well, such as dragons.

Quote: A Guy
Leoquin, meanwhile, was waiting for Maverick to appear at his usual place. It had been awhile since the two had spoken, so it would be perfect for catching up.

Maverick was running a few minutes late. When he finally came into view, he was talking to a woman with a cane, late fifties, early sixties at best. He was giving something to her while she paid him.
"Mrs. Kayla, por favor, next time wait until the kiosk is open." he said, apparently having a hard time.
"You made me walk all the way here when you could've just given this to me! That's all you had to do! It's not like I was asking for a freebie! Look, I paid you! You made me waste this much time when I could be home by now!" the woman said rudely, storming off after paying him. Maverick rarely got angry, but he did looked quite annoyed.

He was muttering quietly when his demeanor completely changed for the better.
"Leoquin? Señor Leoquin! Hola! Long time no see! Como estás? How have you been? It's been a while. I have to settle the kiosk. Pardon my delay. Here, here. Sit down." Maverick said happily as he took a folding chair from his hyperspace bag, leaving it for Leoquin while he put the kiosk in place.
---
#257 Posted: 17:31:16 01/08/2020 | Topic Creator
The children began gathering towards the front in a typical school circle, as they awaited Angora's arrival. The class was just brimming with questions, a a few which were blurted out before Mr. Fletcher calmed the class down once again.
"We'll let Angora give herself a more complete introuction," Mr. Fletcher explained. "She'll also be the one picking students to answer questions from. Tyrus, why don't you stand up here with her as well, since you two came together?" Tyrus obliged, coming forward. The students all eagerly awaited Angora speaking...

Leoquin gratefully accepted the seat. "Hey, Mav! Long time no see, buddy! Looks like you've had better mornings." Maverick's earlier annoyance didn't escape Leoquin's notice.
"Some people can be pretty annoying, yeah? That's why I'm not a trader. I could never tolerate having to deal with people like that on a daily basis while staying patient. And gods know that I'm not exactly the most likable person out there..." Sometimes Leoquin still thought of how Ilasi had preferred Maverick to a merman like himself, and it made him consider what was wrong with him - but he tried not to be resentful.
"I learned something very interesting on my last trip. Very interesting. But we can get to that later. How's life going for you?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#258 Posted: 17:55:45 01/08/2020
“Y-yah. Though could you let them know to approach slowly I’m still quite nervous around others.” Sozen said.
---
SC
#259 Posted: 19:11:17 01/08/2020
"That was just one of my unlucky mornings. Some people are just too impatient." Maverick explained, the lady being a regular customer due to him selling cheap but good quality items. She encountered him by chance, and while he ended up obliging just to get her to leave, he just couldn't sell to every people that came his way.
"It's going well. The children are learning well. Very smart for their ages though Alana is quite the troublemaker. You know, the usual. Oh, and Angorita is staying with us for the week again. Still trying to convince her to get a new job, you know?" he explained, but then he heard what Leoquin said.
"But what about you mate? You said you learned something very interesting on your trip? Tell me about it. I tried the archives and people that might know you, but no luck." Maverick explained, still remembering his promise to Leoquin. If he could still help, he'd help.

The children began gathering towards the front in a typical school circle, as they awaited Angora's arrival. The class was just brimming with questions, a a few which were blurted out before Mr. Fletcher calmed the class down once again.
"We'll let Angora give herself a more complete introuction," Mr. Fletcher explained. "She'll also be the one picking students to answer questions from. Tyrus, why don't you stand up here with her as well, since you two came together?" Tyrus obliged, coming forward. The students all eagerly awaited Angora speaking...

Angora didn't want to give the awful truth about her parents, so decided to explain things gently.
"Well, I was born like any other troll. Among a clan. I got this genetic condition that doesn't let me grow normally, so... unable to fit in, I decided to become a sole nomad." she said, deciding not to explain the true reasons of her departure.

"I had it hard for a while. I was treated differently obviously. Being a troll, I decided to pass myself as a deformed goblin to get work and walk around the place without being too judged. Faced some thieves and predators, but I managed. I made good friends with Tyrus' father while working together, but we went our separate ways and we met again years later. Made some other friends, helped in the Enduring Legacy voyage and the Battle against the Ishulgites. It wasn't an easy life for me, but it got better after a while. I now word for the Guardians as a wyvern caretaker, but I'm on my free week now." Angora explained, deciding to leave certain matters out, like her thieving life, the battle in the arena and her friendship with Shade, though she was willing to answer the questions if they ever came to light...
---
#260 Posted: 22:35:06 01/08/2020 | Topic Creator
"So I've learned of a society of merfolk which seeks to go back to the days of isolationism," Leoquin explained. "They apparently believe that all of the evils to befall merfolk are a result of their interactions with outsiders. Here's the thing - they were supposedly founded near the tail end of the whole thing with the Ishulgites. That would explain what inspired such feelings in them, considering the treatment they would've received.
"Now the problem? Due to their nature, they wouldn't exactly be easy to pinpoint. But if I could... well, there's a good chance my family got caught up in this whole mess after everything they've been through." Leoquin didn't know what to do - it was a rather slim lead, after all - but it seemed reasonable enough.

Many in the classroom immediately raised their hands; Mr. Fletcher had just cautioned them against just blurting out their questions, however, so they waited to be called. Angora was something the children were very willing to learn more about - though one could perhaps wonder how much consideration they would have for her with their questions.

Latnok made sure to keep Sozen's request in mind as he entered the lobby, having the staff round up the children on break. The children - some who had their own loyal canine companions following them - all obediently greeted Latnok, who was typically not present every day at the facility.
"Greetings, everyone. We have someone who would be interested in meeting you - it's best if he himself explains to you who he is. Just make sure you come out gently - don't startle him. He's not completely comfortable around others, but he would like to get to know you all."
After sufficient explanation on procedures, the children and pets slowly came out, their attention arrested by the very mysterious creature that was Sozen. Though many instinctively wanted to rush to him and plow themselves into his feathers, they kept their distance as instructed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#261 Posted: 22:59:43 01/08/2020
Indeed-- Latnok would've been in his earlier assessment; the Guardian's thoughts were rarely a secret and Raclaw knew that it was only a matter of time until someone asked about him. They had, after all, become someone of a minor public figure due to just their *uniqueness* alone. It wasn't every day that you saw what (according to the letter) was the 'last Fur Dragon' and he knew that Latnok would eventually talk to him about it before day's end. And as for that unfortunately grim 'fact' of the letter.. he hoped it wasn't true, but also knew that it was a high possibility. For better or worse.

As the children approached and obeyed Latnok's instructions, Raclaw offered a gentle encouraging smile to Sozen. Chester offered some friendly greetings to his fellow canine companions, but otherwise.. Sozen had the room and the space. It would be up to Sozen to initiate the next step..
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#262 Posted: 23:14:00 01/08/2020
“Hello young ones. I-I’m Sozen the Ice Eagle.” He greeted as slight warm snow began to fall. “I’m sorry if I’m a little nervous. I’ve just recently came into this place.” He said.
---
SC
#263 Posted: 23:25:42 01/08/2020
Maverick should've known that even after half a decade, the damage caused by the Ishulgites would still be fresh.
"Well, after what the Ishulgites have done, makes sense that they would want to hide. There are some still out there, running away from the law. I don't know where could we begin, but maybe asking some other merfolks could give a lead. There is this merman, general Lyon, he's the father of the mermaid that saved me all those years ago. I only saw him at a distance but I did managed to recognize him. I couldn't talk to him sadly. It's hard to approach him, but perhaps if I can contact him, he'll help us. I heard from some soldiers he's following the Ishulgite case closely." Maverick stated, having seen general Lyon almost a year ago when he gave a speech in one of Redwater's plaza about their progress intercepting seafaring Ishulgites. He left before he could get to him and Lydia wasn't with him, but now that he knew he was an Aelinonian soldier, he could be their best chance.

Many in the classroom immediately raised their hands; Mr. Fletcher had just cautioned them against just blurting out their questions, however, so they waited to be called. Angora was something the children were very willing to learn more about - though one could perhaps wonder how much consideration they would have for her with their questions.

"Um... troll? Lady? Angora?" one little girl asked, not sure how to address Angora. She let her ask first after specifying to call her just Angora.
"Is it true that you are the troll that survived the arena? My parents saw the battle and said it was very small." the girl asked.
"Yes. I won the crowd after the king intercepted the battle." she explained, and an eager boy spoke up without waiting his turn.
"They said you were innocent. But why? Why were you put in the arena if you didn't do anything?" he asked.
"It was all a misunderstanding boy. Thankfully, the king investigated and found out my innocence." Angora responded.
"Is it true that trolls... most trolls are evil?" another little girl asked.
"Not evil... just very misled and with a violent culture cause most trolls believe violence is the only way to survive." Angora responded, this little girl not even waited to be chosen. She pointed at another one raising her hand.
"My dad says a good troll is a dead troll, and that they, orcs, ogres and dragons are pure evil." the other little girl said.
"Well clearly he had a bad experience with them or that's what he... believes." Angora stated, being careful about using the word taught.
"There are other creatures like me who are just trying to make it in the world." she concluded patiently, but a drop of sweat indicated how overwhelmed she felt.
"Is it true that you are friends with the Scourge of Redwater?" another chosen boy asked.
"Yes. It's true. You probably know already about what he did, but it was a complete accident. He never had someone to help him control his powers properly so they acted out on their own, causing the unfortunate accident." Angora quickly explained, glad that finally somebody asked that question. She wanted the children to know that what Shade did was an accident and not an act of malice. Most children were skeptical.

The questions continued, this time from a blond girl that was closest to her.
"What are those Angora? They look like bite marks. Did the dragon bit you?" she asked, with Angora immediately responding.
"Oh no no. It wasn't Sha... the Scourge. No, these were done by wyverns. The one I take care of never attacks me, but can't say the same for his companions." she quickly pointed out, not wanting them to think it was Shade. What would make such a little creature work at a place like that if it was so dangerous? There were many kinds of jobs. The children's questions started to overlap, with Angora trying to answer every single one of them. She was starting to tremble with nervousness, being surrounded by kids and having no corner in where to hide. She wanted to keep as calm as possible, not wanting to accidentally trigger her shield in defense and startle them...
---
#264 Posted: 00:49:23 02/08/2020 | Topic Creator
One of the children, more skeptical than the others, raised his hand as he waited for the opportunity to ask a question. "Excuse me, miss Angora..." he hesitantly asked. "The Scourge killed my father while I was a baby. Why are you friends with him? My mom said he broke the law and came when he knew he shouldn't have! He killed my dad! He knew he wasn't supposed to come, and he did!"
Tyrus gulped. He had a feeling something like this might eventually come up... it was so much more manageable in his head, but he wondered how things would go now that it was actually happening.

"A merman general following the Ishulgite case? He seems like just the kind of guy who would know about this sort of thing!" Leoquin said happily. "Of course, the top-ranking officials tend to not exactly be easy to get ahold of. But you know his daughter, you say? Perhaps we could get in a word that way?" This was more hope than Leoquin had ever had of finding his family before - were things finally starting to come together?

"Good morning, Mr. Sozen," a few of the children answered. They still hadn't been given permission to approach yet, and didn't know whether it was appropriate to ask questions, so they waited for further instruction.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#265 Posted: 00:57:55 02/08/2020
“Um....do you have any questions for me?” He said still unsure of the children.
---
SC
#266 Posted: 01:11:30 02/08/2020
Angora was hit hard with the question. But since she remembered that day well, she knew how to answer.
"We got attacked. I was very wounded. Severely bleeding. Sh.. the dragon panicked." Angora said, not wanting to call Shade the Scourge anymore, nor by his name to avoid confusing them.
"He didn't know what else to do. He knew he was forbidden from entering the city again, but it was the closest place. He wanted so badly to get to a hospital so I could be cured, so he took the risk, hoping that once he explained why he was there, I could get the necessary care. But instead of being asked why he was there or being given the chance to explain, he got many weapons pointed at him. He got scared... and that's when the unfortunate accident happened." Angora explained patiently and not as nervous as before, getting straight to the point. While she didn't say it in too many words, she wanted the children to understand that what happened back then wasn't entirely Shade's fault. If the soldiers had asked him why he was there instead of pointing their weapons like a bunch of savages, then such terrible accident could've been averted.

"Well back then, I only saw him, not his daughter. I haven't seen Lydia in so many years, not even by chance. I asked about them, and they are northern merfolks, who rarely visit Redwater unless it's urgent business." Maverick explained, knowing very well finding him was going to be a challenge. As soon as he saw him back then in that plaza, Maverick was hoping he could see Lydia again too and once again thank her for saving his life, but knowing Ilasi and their history together, it probably wasn't a good idea.
---
#267 Posted: 02:06:51 02/08/2020 | Topic Creator
As well-worded as Angora's explanation was, the child seemed unconvinced.
"That's not what my mom says! My mom says that he began destroying the city, and that's why soldiers came! Are you lying to us? You're friends with a dragon and a murderer!" the child insisted indignantly. "Why should we believe anything you say? Why should-"
"That's enough for now," Mr. Fletcher called, intervening. "We may get back to this some other time. For now, return to your lessons. We'll have a snack break soon enough."
Tyrus was thankful that Mr. Fletcher was willing to put an end to the conversation before the tensions rose further - but things weren't going as well as he had oped. Perhaps his initial caution after all was wise...

The children here raised their hands, much like they would during schooling, except this time Latnok selected the ones to speak. One of them, a young girl, began to speak.
"Uh, hello Mr. Sozen... an ice eagle? Is that like a phoenix? But for... ice? Where are you from?"

That bit of reality somewhat stifled Leoquin's hopes, though he figured that, if what he suspected was true, he would have enough time to do the search necessary. "Okay, so guess that's not really going to be an option... seems I'd probably have to put in some paperwork, and hope that it's eventually deemed worth his time to respond to. A bit of a tall order... but it's something, at least." Bureaucracy was always such a pain to navigate...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#268 Posted: 02:21:32 02/08/2020
“Similar but we are born in pairs. Though we aren’t born brom ash we are actually born from blue ice. The other one my sister in the south and me the one in the north. We have the ability to control ice and snow. We also have the ability to control the temperature as well.” Sozen said. “We bring the snow in the winter and the flowers in the spring.” He said with a slight smile.
---
SC
#269 Posted: 02:49:27 02/08/2020
Angora remained calm, understanding that the child never had a chance to meet his father and that one simple explanation from a troll was not going to erase what his mother has been telling him in all his little lifetime. Still, the reaction made her no less uncomfortable. To be that young and so full of hatred. He reminded her of herself many years ago. She didn't know if her mother made up the lie or that's how it was explained by the soldiers to paint Shade as the one who attacked first, but it further convinced her that Aelinonians were more than willing to fabricate lies to make themselves look like the good guys. It was going to be hard, maybe even near impossible to improve the educational system and help the children be more open to other views, not just the Aelinonian ones. But she had to try. That was just one misled child, nothing more.
"Pardon me sir. I... need to go out for a while. Get some fresh air. I'll be back." Angora said, addressing to Tyrus as well. While she wasn't showing it very much, she was very uneasy. Since she wasn't a student, she believed it was alright if she just left.

Maverick finished attending a couple of customers before speaking to Leoquin again.
"And I can talk to king Seraos... or at least someone close to him. Oh, but I would have to get to Tal Rojas. A few days journey unless I manage to rent a wyvern." Maverick pondered, wyverns not being a commodity for everyone. Behemoths even less. Dahlia was faster than a horse, but still not enough for a speedy journey.
"Or I can just ask one of the Guardians for help. You write a letter and I'll try to contact somebody that can take me to him. Either way can work. I'll probably have to take a couple of days free, but it's no trouble. The people can wait, plus I have enough money to go around for a while. A few days away is not going to be a hindrance." Maverick commented, willing to help Leoquin with this journey. He was a dear friend and if he had even the tiniest chance to find his family, it'll be worth it.
---
#270 Posted: 05:03:20 02/08/2020 | Topic Creator
"We'll still be here when you get back," Mr. Fletcher said, allowing Angora to leave for now. Such a thing was bound to come up; the important thing was to not let it get too far. Besides that, he still had a lesson plan to get through.
Tyrus, meanwhile, got back to his seat. That would be at least one student that would probably hate him for awhile. He tried not to dwell too hard on it - there were many others that learned quite a bit from Angora, so it was all a net positive, right?

"You would do that? For me? Really?" Leoquin said, rather surprised - though he supposed he shouldn't be. Maverick was always such a kindhearted person. "I would appreciate it, as long as your family is okay with it." He certainly wasn't hoping for Maverick to suffer for his sake - this visit was about sharing some good news, after all, not about burdening his old friend further.

The children around Sozen seemed to all be rather intrigued by what he had to say. "Ooh, flowers!" a few of them could be heard saying. After a brief delay, Latnok called on another one who was raising his hand.
"Mr. Sozen, what happened to you? How did you get hurt?" the child asked innocently.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#271 Posted: 05:12:53 02/08/2020
Sozen looked down. “Hunters. They were trying to capture me but I escaped.” He said keeping the grafic details out as not to scare them.
---
SC
#272 Posted: 05:36:14 02/08/2020
"The family will be fine with it. Even Angorita. After all, I'd be helping a friend. True friends are hard to come by, so you always help them however you can." Maverick expressed as he attended more customers. Leoquin has been through a lot already. He didn't deserve to do this alone. He still had to solve the Huntress matter, but he didn't tell the merman, deciding to solve it on his own along the way. Just a spiteful woman. He was sure he could handle it himself with little effort.

Meanwhile, Angora walked through the halls, her brain full of too many thoughts. What really happened back then? Could Shade had attacked? No, that was impossible! He never meant any harm on anybody. It was an accident that the soldiers made worse. She was partially unconscious, but was certain that's what happened. As she walked, she encountered the door that lead to the principal's office. She didn't want to talk to to the person, but maybe this was the only chance before the halls became a mess filled with shouting kids.
"It won't work, will it Neo? Dragons.. trolls, no matter what we do, or don't do, we'll always be seen as monsters. Heck, even fauns were brought to near extinction, and all they did was to show kindness to a bunch of human strangers." Angora reminded with her mind, not wanting to use her voice in case someone nearby and mistook her with talking alone.
"It... won't stop me from trying though. The arena, this school. Only one kid in the class hates me. Just one. I'll talk to the principal now and try to change things. Wish me luck." she expressed... as she knocked at the door...

It was almost noon, yet there was no sign of Draikon working at his laboratory. Since it was so dark inside, there was always a light coming out of the window, whether it was night or day. The old man usually woke up early.
"Maybe he died?" a curious preteen said to his friend, trying to take a peek. The laboratory was such a mysterious place every kid in the neighborhood always tried to look what Draikon worked on. The kids couldn't resist any curiosity longer, so making sure there was nobody nearby, they try to force open the window. Just when it was budging, a tired Draikon with a cup of coffee opened the door.
"Hey! HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" he said as he started to give chase, with some adults hearing his yells and taking the children away, apologizing to him. While everybody always told the minors to leave Draikon alone, many of them were just too curious, much to the schientist's endless frustration.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:38:07 02/08/2020 by Felines
#273 Posted: 05:57:56 02/08/2020
“Maybe perhaps you could suggest a field trip to meet an actual dragon? Perhaps Raclaw? I mean if he agrees to it. He has never hurt a soul unless it was self defense.” Neo said.
---
SC
#274 Posted: 06:15:26 02/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Fortunately for Sozen, the explanation, though simple, satisfied the question enough for the children. A few more would propose some basic questions, before Latnok called them all back in for the time being. Sozen would have appropriate time for a break before meeting more children, if he so desired.

The principal - a man around the age of Mr. Fletcher, maybe a little older - gently opened his door, looking around before seeing Angora at the base of the door. "Well - I can't say that you were the visitor I was expecting today. Welcome," he greeted, before beckoning her in. "What brings a goblin like yourself to our school today?"

Leoquin tried to give Maverick enough time to deal with the customers - he didn't want to inconvenience his old friend any more than he had to, after all. Being a people's person - Leoquin couldn't imagine how Maverick did it. Leoquin much preferred having a job on the ship, which was reliant on how well he did a specific task, not how well he appealed to capricious customers.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#275 Posted: 06:46:35 02/08/2020
Even after so much time, Angora was still confused for a goblin. Maybe not everybody in the city recognized or knew about her. It was rare, but it happened.
"Actually sir, I'm a troll. Before you say anything, yes. I'm the same troll that survived the arena. I'm not here to cause trouble." Angora quickly explained, not wanting the man to quickly dismiss or judge her, but wanting to be honest about her species.
"I just came here to talk." she specified, not sure how open minded the principal would be willing to be, but with her small size and near perfect speech, at least when compared to other trolls, hopefully it would be enough to make a good impression and catch his interest.

Maverick continued attending the customers, usually his stand being busy but thankfully not enough to gather large crowds that could trouble him, although they sometimes happened. Some looked at Leoquin, but made no big deal about his presence. When it looked like nobody else would be coming for a while, Maverick spoke again.
"No se preocupe señor Leoquin. I'll make the necessary preparations to find the general. You can stay and help me with the sells if you like. Or you can go to my house to keep Ilasi company. Whatever you decide. Angorita went to school with the children to experience something new, so Ilasi is alone... well except for Dahlia. Once I'm done here, I can prepare you one delicious meal for the good news. How about it?" Maverick offered, certain that one of his meals would make Leoquin feel happy and nostalgic.
---
#276 Posted: 16:17:26 02/08/2020
“W-well I think that went well.” Sozen said with a sheepish smile. “Maybe I should show the children what I can do someday?”
---
SC
#277 Posted: 17:18:00 02/08/2020
As the principal decided how to process the information Angora just given him, she answered Neo telepathically.
"Sure, introduce them the cute dragon who doesn't even look like a dragon and that will improve their views." she said sarcastically.
"Tyrus and Alana will meet Shady. I'll make sure of it... but... maybe it's not a good idea if the school children meet him. The teachers, the parents, they won't allow it." Angora finally said, having analysed the possibility a while back, but after that kid's retialation, there was no way the children meeting a dragon that caused so much disaster to their city would be plausible.

At his laboratory, Draikon drank his special juice after being done with the coffee. He looked very tired that morning. Bags below his eyes, breathing heavily, it really looked like he had a rough morning, though everybody associated it with old age. He was over sixty after all, even if it was hard to tell due to his lack of white or even grey hair. Some people believed he dyed it to appear younger. Not that he cared what others thought of course. Feeding the sprites he kept as test subjects, Draikon proceeded with his experiments, waiting eagerly for the moment Maverick could come through that door.
---
#278 Posted: 20:16:45 02/08/2020
“That’s why I suggested a dragon who is much less intimidating. Raclaw can explain he is a dragon.” Neo said.
---
SC
#279 Posted: 21:19:28 02/08/2020 | Topic Creator
The principal seemed a bit wary for a moment, but invited Angora in nonetheless. "Sure, let us talk," he invited. "Is there any subject in particular that you care to discuss? There's a small stool there - I think it'll do the job well enough for you." After his initial apprehension, the principal was quite inviting and accommodating.

"Sure, we can do that. Let's take it one step at a time," Latnok suggested. "As soon as you're comfortable enough around the children to do that, you're free to do so. I don't want you to fel pressured at all over here - your first priority should be resting." Latnok was pleased that Sozen was at least taking well to the children and dogs - which was very good for the outlook on his stay here.

THe mention of one of Maverick's meals brought a huge smile to Leoquin's face. "Oh, would I ever like one of those! The 'chef' on that last ship couldn't cook to save his damn life, let me tell you that much. I think I'll stick around here - see what I can help you with before we head back." The thought of a good meal from Maverick made Leoquin's mouth water - one of many things from Redwater that he thought a bout while out at sea.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#280 Posted: 21:43:12 02/08/2020
“Yes you’re right. One step at a time.” Sozen said. “Though I am curious are there any other dragons here besides Raclaw?”
---
SC
#281 Posted: 23:49:43 02/08/2020
Angora didn't think Raclaw was the best candidate, but Neo had a point. If they had to start with someone, it might as well be a harmless looking one like him. Her conversation with Neo would have to wait though. She had to talk to the principal. She took a seat. She was grateful that he was being so polite, albeit a bit skeptical.
"I came here with the student Tyurs in order to learn more about school and be in a different atmosphere. I listened to one of professor Fletcher's lessons, and frankly, I'm a bit... concerned." Angora expressed, knowing she had to be very careful with her next words...

"The Great Reclamation... I never even heard of such a thing until today, but I did know Aelinon is not... very fond of dragons to put it simply, and I see now why. It was a very interesting lesson, and I get that you want the student to learn about the past... but... is it really necessary to teach them about the most violent, gruesome parts of it? Won't the children be traumatized? Or grow full of hatred? I get that dragons were enslavers back then, but bringing them to extinction and make the kids hate them at such a young age? Isn't that a bit... much? I do apologize if I sound ignorant sir. That's not my intention at all. But regardless of what they did in the past it doesn't mean that each and every single one of them are going to be that way today. I mean, look at me. I'm a troll and I'm not the bloodthirsty maniac most of my kind are. All I want is to survive and find... acceptance. It's just that... well kids should enjoy being kids, and know that with every species there are exceptions. Shouldn't children learn to try find peace with those that all they want is a chance in life?" Angora stated, avoiding mentioning Shade to prevent a reaction similar to the little boy. She still remembered the story Tyrus told about the dragon slayer, and it still frustrated her. She didn't let the principal know she didn't believe the history taught was the entire truth, but since she didn't have any evidence, she kept such opinion to herself.

Maverick was glad for the extra help. It was slower than most days, but that could quickly change like other times.
"Fantástico! Then it's settled. Once we reach home, I'll make dinner. If it's still day, going to run a few errands around the city, including finding general Lyon. You can stay home, catch up with Ilasi and the kids. And also Angorita." Maverick explained as another customer approached, knowing that Leoquin hasn't been very fond of Angora, but their interactions were slightly better in the five years that has passed and the few times they have talked.
---
#282 Posted: 02:17:48 03/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Latnok thought for a moment. "Around here, none except the wyverns. You would be extremely hard-pressed to find them around the continent - they're few and far between, and you'd have better luck traveling to a different continent if you were seeking them. Mostly a result of their incompatibility with the various species which dwell here, in combination with a shift in power dynamics. If your concern is with them hunting you, then you don't need to fear them."

"In order to understand teaching, one must understand the purpose education serves," the principal began as he settled down in his own seat. "Children are our future - they are the adults of tomorrow, and the ones who will continue to build this nation when we are either dead or too infirm to do so. One of the most important parts of establishing the future is avoiding the mistakes of the past - in order to do so, one must thoroughly understand the past, and the effects it has on the modern day. The Grand Dragon Empire - and the Great Reclamation which followed after its collapse - are very integral parts of our past, and so it is important for everyone in our nation to be thoroughly familiar with it. We must never forget history, as it is the foundation of the modern day.
"So there, you understand why the teachings are so important. However, you do raise a fair point - what of the other perspective? Could those be introduced without muddying the waters and diluting the importance of the lesson? Possibly - however, part of the limitation of that, naturally, comes with the teachers. You would be hard-pressed to find a teacher who has met any of these 'good' dragons - and other races, though not to such an extent, suffer a similar problem. Take Mr. Fletcher, for example. He is extremely knowledgeable in many subjects. His background is that of a longtime war veteran and patriot, who was a prisoner of war and lost a finger in his service. He chose to become a teacher because it was the best way he saw to continue serving Aelinon after his experience as a prisoner of war rendered him unfit for further combat. His experience with those he's fought will thus be reflected in his teachings."
The principal paused to allow Angora to add any comments of her own - education, after all, was something he was very passionate about.

"Angora? Long time since I've seen her. Has she grown any?" Leoquin asked jokingly - he knew that such a thing wasn't going to happen. "Hopefully the rest of the family doesn't mind seeing me. I certainly wouldn't want to make waves."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#283 Posted: 04:01:04 03/08/2020
“No no it’s just I had a long time dragon friend who I haven’t seen in many years. But that’s not important right now. For now like you said I should rest and gain more confidence in meeting others.”
---
SC
#284 Posted: 06:34:46 03/08/2020 | Topic Creator
"A long-time friend? A lot has happened here over the past few years," Latnok explained. "Whatever happened, it's likely your friend isn't here anymore. But... that's a matter for another time. What meals would you like us to prepare for you?" Sozen would still have to be left for a few days - and the sooner he was settled and had everything he needed, the easier it would be.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#285 Posted: 10:07:38 03/08/2020
“I do like fish though I do prefer it cold than warm.” Sozen said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:59 03/08/2020 by Spyroconvexity
#286 Posted: 14:07:18 03/08/2020
Angora was expecting a harsh answer and one point of view, so she was quite surprised when the principal partially agreed with her point. He was kind and open enough to her, so maybe changing the educational system a bit wasn't going to be too hard. This was the chance.
"Listen, I didn't live through those times, so I didn't know dragons were like that. But times have changed. I am a troll, although like you believed earlier, I look more like a deformed goblin. I had to live with that lie a long time just so I could fit in and find... some acceptance." Angora explained, goblins not being the most respected race, but were far more welcomed into different societies than trolls.
"My size has saved me from being killed on sight, I'm certain of it. My brother, he was a normal sized troll, yet as sweet as they come. Eating carrion to avoid killing. But... he was huge, and very scary looking. I have no doubts he has been killed on sight just because of how intimidating he looks. Not ever given the chance to demonstrate what a gentle giant he really was." Angora said gloomily, finding it impossible for a troll like him to still be alive with the current society and the many enemies her species had.

Angora managed to avoid crying, and proceeded.
"My apologies. This is not about my personal life. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think dragons, despite what their ancestors have done, deserve to be exterminated, or hated. Maybe I have just been lucky that the few I have met have been kind to me, and even though I can't say the same for the rest, we shouldn't let hate overcome us. Just look at me, I'm a wyvern caretaker, and not all of them are fond of me." Angora explained, showing the bite marks.
"Sure, they eat trolls and that's just instinct, which is different than what dragons did. Still, the wyvern I take care of really likes me, and just because his companions tried to kill me doesn't mean I hate him for being the same species as the ones who hurt me." Angora explained, hoping she could manage to give the principal a different perspective and teach the kids not only about their history, but the ability to have compassion and understanding to those creatures that we're currently hated, regardless of their ancestors' sins or the negative personality of others of their species.

"Angora? Long time since I've seen her. Has she grown any?" Leoquin asked jokingly - he knew that such a thing wasn't going to happen. "Hopefully the rest of the family doesn't mind seeing me. I certainly wouldn't want to make waves."

Maverick didn't detect the joking tone, so he thought it was just an ordinary question.
"Oh no she preocupe señor Leoquin, you know you're always welcomed. The kids are always happy to see a merman who isn't their grandfather. As for Angorita, yes, she has grown a couple of inches at best. I think her condition just slows down her growth considerably instead of stopping it altogether." Maverick explained, thinking that if Angora continued growing at the slow pace, she might get as tall as a normal troll, although it'll probably take several decades to do so, maybe even more than a century.
---
#287 Posted: 23:17:22 03/08/2020 | Topic Creator
The principal shook his head. "Unfortunately... history does not support such an assertion," he said. "Throughout our history, dragons - when not tamed through some means or another - have been a force for suffering and destruction. The most recent example we have is the Scourge of Redwater. We took a chance - by only applying restrictions to him instead of having him killed for attacking our soldiers - and he ended up murdering countless innocent people anyway. There is little historical precedent for their peaceful nature.
"However... if you could provide tangible examples of such, I'm sure we could work something out from there. Ultimately, that is what is important - not speculation, but facts. If you wish to have us teach that the nature of dragons may be somewhat different than what we have experienced, then you will need to find a way to support that viewpoint. Now, how you would go about doing such a thing, I'm not quite sure - but if you can, I'm more than willing to entertain the idea." Ultimately, Angora's personal experience was not relevant to the principal - it would seem a different approach would be necessary...

Leoquin was just a little surprised by the answer - he didn't think Angora would be growing at all. "Hmm, that's interesting. Wonder if we'll live long enough to see her grow to our height," he pondered. "But that's probably a long time ahead, barring some miracle. Let's worry about today first."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#288 Posted: 23:59:03 03/08/2020
Angora knew that Shade made things worse for dragons during that unfortunate accident, so he was out of the question. Perhaps... it was time to try Neo's idea.
"What Sh.. the Scourge of Redwater did was horrible, and I can understand that some people may never forgive him. And he did wrong returning to the city after he was forbidden from doing so, even if he had his reason. I know him personally sir, and I can assure you he never meant any harm. But his powers, they were unstable, and he had nobody to teach him how to handle them properly, and sadly, they acted out at the worst possible moment. He is paying for his terrible act now, and the soldiers haven't gotten any complains from him for a long time. He really wants to redeem himself, I can assure you that much." Angora explained calmly before getting to the real point.
"It will be a while before the people will forgive him, if they ever do. But... what if I can show you and the kids another kind of dragon? Just to break the initial ice? Everyone thinks dragons are just these huge, scaly, fire breathing beast that either enslave or kill people, but this dragon... he is very different. He's just slightly bigger than a horse, acts like a gentle dog, and has fur all over. It sounds unbelievable, but yes, he is a dragon. Just a very different subspecies." Angora explained kindly, giving Raclaw's description before the principal assumed anything wrong.

Leoquin was just a little surprised by the answer - he didn't think Angora would be growing at all. "Hmm, that's interesting. Wonder if we'll live long enough to see her grow to our height," he pondered. "But that's probably a long time ahead, barring some miracle. Let's worry about today first."

"Nah. I think Angorita is very used to her small height by now. She doesn't scare people with it, and she can move fast thanks to the lack of weight." Maverick explained, knowing that Angora has learned to live with it even though she wished she could be taken more seriously.
"Anyway, you're right. Let's focus on the present. Now, let's make some sales. There's much to be done afterwards." he then commented after more customers came. Many didn't pay much attention to Leoquin, only interested in the wanted merchandise. Some just assumed he was just a new assistant. It was going to be a rather long day, but Maverick was glad for the company.
---
#289 Posted: 06:13:09 04/08/2020 | Topic Creator
"A rather unorthodox dragon you say? Hmm..." the principal took a moment to think things over. "First we would need to clear such a thing first to ensure the creature is actually safe to present to others. I'm not sure who we would trust with such a vetting process - but, provided that such a thing is possible, then I suppose it would make for an interesting presentation." Though the principal was open to the idea, he doubted its practicality.

"We'll ensure that the staff taking care of you feed you a regular diet of fish, then," Latnok said. "Well, let's get you back, then - wouldn't want the others to swarm you immediately once they get off break before you've even had a chance for your own meal. Meanwhile, Raclaw and I have some business to discuss." The letter - was it better left abandoned? Or would following it be in the best interest of the fur dragon race?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#290 Posted: 15:56:39 04/08/2020
“Very well. I will see you all later yes?” Sozen said. He then tried to stretch but winced in a little pain.
---
SC
#291 Posted: 16:41:22 04/08/2020
Angora knew Raclaw wasn't the best option given he was small, fluffy, and practically a pet, but if she wanted the children and maybe even some adults to start changing their opinions, he was a start. Shade was the only technically wild dragon she knew, but he was out of the question. Icestorm looked like a dragon, but he wasn't, so was out too. Maybe she could summon Orion? No. He was a deity with the form of a dragon, so he didn't count either. Plus he was bound to be busy. And she wasn't going to go around trying to find a wild dragon either. They were rare and likely hostile.
"Alright. I have the entire week free, so I'll try to get him sometimes this week. I will let you meet him personally so you'll know there is no danger." Angora assured, knowing the principal would want to see if Raclaw was safe before letting him around delicate children. Latnok was not going to like this, but she had to remain insistent. And if he really was Raclaw's friend, he would let the fur dragon take his own decision instead of limiting him like he did in the past.

That morning, Huntress has been out of her rented apartment since early dawn. Yesterday's failure made her obsessed to get back her edge. Such a small creature would've been an easy catch in her glory days, but the fact that it escaped embarrased her to no end. She knew that Maverick would be without supervision, but at this hour, he was likely at the market selling, and whenever she spied him there, nothing interesting ever happened. The post office could always keep her informed if something new happened. Plus she left Ilasi with quite a lot of questions and doubts, so that pleased her for now. Right now, she wanted to get her pride back...
---
#292 Posted: 20:22:09 04/08/2020
"Yes-- we will return. Don't worry; they're good people here. They'll take care of you.," Raclaw said offering a gentle smile as they walked Sozen back. Indeed, that was the question. What would be best for the Fur Dragon (and it's sole member) as a whole? That also led to other questions, such as how much did this 'musium' already 'know'? And how much were they *already* telling people regardless of how true it may/maynot be true? If said information was already out there, then it would perhaps be best to control/correct it as much as they could. And if the information wasn't out there yet, perhaps it was only a matter of time until this 'museum director' or someone else put it out there anyway. Certainly something to discuss...

--
Meanwhile, Risar was catching with his crew and ship; it would be some delay until they got certain key shipments on board. That would leave some layover time for both himself and some of his fellow shipmates. Perhaps it was time to check up on some of his other old crewmates/friends.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:52 04/08/2020 by redwes
#293 Posted: 22:30:07 04/08/2020
During that hour, Sergeant Farlo was feeling well enough to leave the underwater infirmary despite the doctor's recommendations.
"One hour more. Just one hour more." the doctor said, convincing him, but in one hour more, he would leave without question. As the centaur stayed, he was deep in thought. How did those men knew he was going to be in that specific part of the swamp? The only explanation he could find was that there was a mole among General Lyon's warriors. Not many knew about that road, so that had to be. His friend was going to despise that theory, having blind faith in his soldiers, but what else could it be? They'd be toast if it wasn't for that dragon. Which brought the next question; why? Or better yet, how? That dragon was too big to have a swamp as an habitat, so how did it got there, especially without flying? Better question was, how could it disappear? It had to be magic. Dragons knew some magic in the past, though it was a rare practice now, and he had a good enough look to see this dragon was old, so he could be knowledgable about the matter.
---
#294 Posted: 06:05:03 05/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Once Sozen was taken care of as far as food went, Latnok left instructions with the caretakers as to how he was to be handled; his likely needs, preferred diet, and possible exposure to other residents. With those matters settled, it was time to address the elephant in the living room.
"So, Raclaw... as you might know by now, I got a letter today from some people we're familiar with," he explained - or rather, reiterated. "Those guys from the museum... seems they want to have a meet-up. What exactly would you think about doing such a thing?" If they flew the right air currents, the trip could be made in about a day; naturally, Raclaw would need suitable time to rest during such a trip. However, the trip on the ground would be much longer, for probably more net effort on Raclaw's part and no meaningful gain. Nevertheless, Latnok was always at least a little reluctant to suggest he ride Raclaw, despite their experience over time.

The principal nodded. "I'm rather curious to see how this works out, but you could be on to something," he suggested. "I wish you the best of luck managing such a thing; if you were anyone else, I might not have such expectations, but you've already proven yourself capable of rather interesting feats. I look forward to seeing you again."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#295 Posted: 06:09:43 05/08/2020
Sozen noded as they left. He then went to rest some more.

Meanwhile with Angora.
“Well that went well. Sounds like he wants to see Raclaw himself. Told you it is a good idea.” Neo said.
---
SC
#296 Posted: 06:48:32 05/08/2020
Quote:
Once Sozen was taken care of as far as food went, Latnok left instructions with the caretakers as to how he was to be handled; his likely needs, preferred diet, and possible exposure to other residents. With those matters settled, it was time to address the elephant in the living room.
"So, Raclaw... as you might know by now, I got a letter today from some people we're familiar with," he explained - or rather, reiterated. "Those guys from the museum... seems they want to have a meet-up. What exactly would you think about doing such a thing?" If they flew the right air currents, the trip could be made in about a day; naturally, Raclaw would need suitable time to rest during such a trip. However, the trip on the ground would be much longer, for probably more net effort on Raclaw's part and no meaningful gain. Nevertheless, Latnok was always at least a little reluctant to suggest he ride Raclaw, despite their experience over time.

"From what it sounds like-- they are already gathering or at least *intend* to gather information about me; I don't think anything we do or don't do will change that fact. And if they're gathering that information, than they're likely already displaying that information and that will affect how the public does or doesn't view me; view us rather. And if they are offering; I believe we should do everything in our power to help control and influence that information. If my species is to have any hope, that much.. is essential. We should accept their offer and we should make haste in doing so 'lest the opportunity pass us up.," Raclaw responded wanting to do everything he could to help his species even if he was possibly the only one. "Agreed. For his sake.," Chester added via a bark adding his input. Chester didn't care as much about how others saw his own species (dogs already being widely known pets), but Raclaw still had a chance of possibly changing that. Or at the very least, making sure that they were comfortable with all the information being presented about them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:48:59 05/08/2020 by redwes
#297 Posted: 06:59:17 05/08/2020
Angora nodded to the principal and thanked him for the opportunity and for not judging her immediately like so many people. Once she left, she had a wide smile on her face.
"I know, I know. It was a good idea. Raclaw will be a great start, but the ultimate goal will be Shady." Angora said telepathically to her spirit guide, already accepting the great possibility that not everybody was going to forgive Shade ever. But kids were easier to persuade and teach, so she had to begin with them. That boy was just an angry and misled soul, but trusted she could change him. She had a lot of work ahead of her. Not wanting to interrupt Mr. Fletcher in case he was giving a class, so she headed to the cafeteria to get a bite to eat and wait for Tyrus there. Nobody was around, so she decided to wat for Tyrus to get her something to avoid too much attention. The principal was nice, but didn't want to take risks with the employees.

At Alana's class, she was being taught about venomous insects. Most were found in the woods around Redwater, but there was a risk of encountering them in one's home, so the woman made sure they knew how to identify them. History class was next, and since it was the most important, the teacher always gave it just before lunch so that the children would have time to wake up from the morning sun but also to avoid them from feeling too sleepy after a meal, although it was a tricky time since some children anticipated meal time more than the lesson, which is why she gave it different to keep them focused.
---
#298 Posted: 16:04:14 05/08/2020
“Yes Shade will be next but perhaps only just Tyrus and Alana could meet him for now.” Neo said. “Maybe they can convince the others after seeing how gentle he is?”
---
SC
#299 Posted: 05:40:57 06/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Raclaw was right - speculation had a way of filling in the holes in the truth. "All right, then. The staff should have Sozen taken care of for the time we're away. Hopefully we won't be gone too long," Latnok said. "Anything else you two want to take care of here, or are you all ready to leave right now?" Things were a lot simpler for Chester - his species being widely known already, as opposed to Raclaw's enigmatic background, and he only really needed love and care, both of which were not in particularly good supply where he fled from.

Tyrus' class was soon released in order to have their meals. Tyrus had food from Maverick prepared, so he was all set - there was little that could compare to it. Was his father the best chef in the world? Tyrus certainly liked to imagine so. Now, he had to find Angora and see how things went...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#300 Posted: 05:50:45 06/08/2020
Angora agreed, knowing that despite all the years that have passed, the tragedy was still fresh. What better children to meet Shade than the son and daughter of one of his best friends? As Angora waited for lunchtime to come, she planned on eating with Tyrus, knowing that afterwards, it would be time to go to the next building and spend some time with Alana. She only hoped that the next class wasn't as unpleasant as Tyrus' for both Alana and her sake. As she waited, she wondered when Shade would receive the letters. It could be tomorrow or as soon as today, the mail being very effective there in Redwater.

Meanwhile, Draikon was working on the hexphage mist again, wondering what kind of creature besides sprites, Shade or an Ishulgite he should test it on. Of course, there were always the wizards that worked for Aelinon, but the jerks had so much pride, there was no way they'd be willing to be test subjects. He then remembered during a few trips to the grocery store gossips about a small troll who could do magic that was apparently associated with the Guardians. Draikon didn't believe the story given how cruel and murderous both Guardians and Aelinonians were to creatures like that, but if a troll could be pardoned in the arena, then perhaps the story wasn't so farfetched. But if the beast was associated with the Guardians, he could only think slavery. Nevertheless, while few, a troll with magic was powerful, so it was the next best test subject he could think of. He knew he had to start asking around and investigate if he ever hoped to find it...
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26 27 28

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me