Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
First | Previous | Page 3 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27 28
The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private] [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#101 Posted: 00:37:33 06/07/2020
Quote:
“M-my wings and legs.” The bird said. As Raclaw approached he could see deep lacerations and wounds indicating he was in a trap before freeing himself. Other wounds were made by arrows.

Meanwhile
“I take pride in my kind. Let’s just say I keep my scales well cleaned.” Icestorm said.

"A trap...," Raclaw thought out loud as he soon noticed just how deep the poor bird's wounds were. "This-- this won't fully heal on its own, I'm afraid. And it could even inpend future flight; I'm sorry about what happened to you. Listen.. I can help you, but I cannot do it alone. I won't leave you, but you'll have to allow my friend here to take a look for himself. I.. I can help absorb your pain, but I cannot heal. But he might be able to help you. If you let us.," he then said lowering his ears upon both seeing and *feeling* the creature's source of pain. A human trap required human intervention...

*Meanwhile--*
"I can imagine, but I'm getting ahead of himself. I'm sorry.. sometimes my desire for knowledge can outweigh my manners. And for that, I apologise. I hope you can forgive me.," the man responded offering a Minotaur-like nod to Risar perhaps as a show of respect. Risar offered a nod in return, but offered no verbal response. The Minotaur and various Dragon species seemed to share at least some things in common with one another. "My name-- my name is Svar and I do indeed have what you are after. May I present Unobtainium, final name pending.," Svar spoke once again as he lifted an elegant table cloth that was covering a small circular table. What was presented appeared to be a stack metal bars like none other, other than that perhaps from the god(s) themselves. He soon lifted two more clothes, one revealing a manican showcasing armor and another revealing a sword. "It is stronger than most metals and yet lighter than most metals. And more specifically, forged uniquely from a mine of which my family has owned for generations. Each of us has been refining the metal for some time now and I do believe we have a winning formula here.," Svar said as Risar began visually inspecting each show piece and briefly lifting one of the bars before setting it down again.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:45:16 06/07/2020 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#102 Posted: 00:43:42 06/07/2020
The bird looked to Latnok then at Raclaw. “Your Human May approach. Who are you?” The air temperature seemed to react to the creatures emotions. Warmer temperatures when content or happy colder temperatures when sad or scared.
---
SC
#103 Posted: 01:00:50 06/07/2020
*Meanwhile--*
"Your thoughts?," Svar asked upon Risar's interest. "Seems like, but a bar is not a proper showcase of strength.," Risar noted clearly wanting something more of an demonstration. "Go ahead-- test it yourself.," the blacksmith said lifting and revealing two displays. One was an manikin with originary armor albeit of a decent quality and the other an originary sword of the same quality. Risar inspected each item before picking the originary sword. "Don't worry about breaking it, these are just samples made specifically for this demonstration. Risar nodded and took a swing at the 'Unobtainium' armor, giving a good blow after what seemed like a partial bull rush. The armor appeared to hold up, although it would still show some signs of wear/tear verses that of their Orion-gifted swords for instance. He then tested the same originary sword on the originary armor (to verify it) and all possible combinations afterwards.

The result-- the Unobtainium sword seemed to hold up, the Unobtainium armor seemed to hold up, and the originary armor and sword appeared to take more damage than most *known* counterparts. "So.. what do you think? Do we have a deal? I would love to hear both of your opinions..." Svar spoke.
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#104 Posted: 01:34:52 06/07/2020 | Topic Creator
"Oh, the kids are just wonderful," Ilasi answered, her face lighting up as Angora asked about them. "They're their usual selves. Tyrus is always so absorbed in his studying, though I do wish he had a better handle on etiquette. Alana... well, as you know by now, she can be a handful, but she's learning well enough. No one bothers them- not more than usual for kids, anyway, or at least that's what I've heard so far." Ilasi figured that perhaps leaving the children's comments about Angora aside for now was the better choice.

Latnok remained in place, analyzing the wounds. "Exactly how did you encounter these hunters?" he asked the creature. "Were they hunting you down for any particular reason? Were you just what was available? Maybe they wanted a trophy of some kind? Or were they provoked?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#105 Posted: 01:58:35 06/07/2020
“I was hunting prey when a net was shot up at me. They wanted me to sell on what you humans call the black market.” He said. “Who are you human?”

Meanwhile
“What about dragon fire? Would it stand up to it? Most armors can’t.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#106 Posted: 02:03:37 06/07/2020
After some little persuasion, Draikon was taken to Tal Rojas for the permit. He already had one, but it was expired. Sprites being used as Guinea pigs was not illegal in many countries, including Aelinon, but using a prisoner or another magical creature was a whole new level. The behemoth carrying Draikon and a few other soldiers said nothing, but the old man could tell it was not thrilled about having him on it's back. The soldiers knew behemoths were quite sensible with emotions, and knew Draikon was no saint despite having no criminal history... at least in their country. However, his services for Aelinon couldn't be denied, so the dislike was mostly ignored. There were just some people behemoths didn't like no matter how many times they see them.

Quote: A Guy
"Oh, the kids are just wonderful," Ilasi answered, her face lighting up as Angora asked about them. "They're their usual selves. Tyrus is always so absorbed in his studying, though I do wish he had a better handle on etiquette. Alana... well, as you know by now, she can be a handful, but she's learning well enough. No one bothers them- not more than usual for kids, anyway, or at least that's what I've heard so far." Ilasi figured that perhaps leaving the children's comments about Angora aside for now was the better choice.

Angora nodded and smiled, pleased with the answer. Those kids were unique and innocent. They didn't deserved to be misjudged and bullied. After being done with her meal, Angora insisted on doing the dishes. At least helping around the house would make the time go faster.
"After I'm done here, can you play the violin for me? I'm in the mood for some soft music." the troll requested, knowing how hard Ilasi always practiced. She remembered when Maverick played his mandolin, but the last time he played it just reminded him of the time he was kidnapped by Laszur and used for ransom. Angora wished her friend could let go of the trauma and play again, certain that he would make an awesome music duo with his wife.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#107 Posted: 03:42:34 06/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Though Ilasi wished Angora would just leave all of the work to her, she knew that Angora wouldn't be persuaded, so she didn't make a fuss about it. She was a little apprehensive about playing the violin with anyone present.
"Sure, I can do that," Ilasi said obligingly, as she headed to her room to grab the violin. "There's a tune I heard at the market before, and I found some sheet music for it, so I think I know just the thing..."

"My name is Latnok," Latnok explained to the creature. "I am a member of the Ardent Guardians, and happen to be in charge of our operations at the Salvation House - a place for the lost and abandoned. We can take you in, if you wish."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#108 Posted: 03:54:05 06/07/2020
“The Guardians? So you are indeed one I can trust. I am the one known as Sozen. A Ice Eagle or what your kind call bringer of winter.” He said. “Could you help me a little my legs are a little injured as well.”
---
SC
#109 Posted: 05:23:03 06/07/2020
At school, Alana was on her best behavior. She didn't want to get scolded or punished, wanting to be home soon to see Angora. There were times where she just loved to show off the fact that one of her best friends was a troll. And not just any troll either. The very same one that was wrongfully accused by Aelinon and fought in the arena, earning the respect and pardon of the people even though the last part wasn't even needed. The same troll who was chosen by Orion more than once, who helped saved Aelinon from the Ishulgites and who knows how many others, and that was currently working among wyverns to further establish how badass she was. While some kids would sometimes get sick and tired of the same story, some were curious enough to want to meet her, though there were a few who were more interested in seeing her size rather than her history.

Though Ilasi wished Angora would just leave all of the work to her, she knew that Angora wouldn't be persuaded, so she didn't make a fuss about it. She was a little apprehensive about playing the violin with anyone present.
"Sure, I can do that," Ilasi said obligingly, as she headed to her room to grab the violin. "There's a tune I heard at the market before, and I found some sheet music for it, so I think I know just the thing..."

Angora listened calmly, intending to enjoy her free week as much as she could. As much as she loved Veris and hated to see him upset or angry at her, these free, peaceful moments were the ones she truly enjoyed. She was even tempted to consider one of the jobs of the brochures, believing that if Veris' companions didn't kill her, the stress would. She despised the possibility of Veris hating her for the rest of his life because of her decision, but if he truly cares about her, he would have to understand why she's doing it. But for now, this week belonged to her and her humanoid friends. And today, along with part of the afternoon, it was going to be girl's day. Just her and Ilasi until the rest of the family returns.
---
#110 Posted: 20:46:02 06/07/2020
Quote:
Meanwhile
“What about dragon fire? Would it stand up to it? Most armors can’t.” Icestorm said.

"Ah-- a mighty fine question. I guess it's a good thing we have a dragon with us. Go ahead, give it a shot.," Svar merely said with a slight smile. The man was clearly proud of his work and craftsmanship and such a question was one that only a dragon could truly test.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:46:54 06/07/2020 by redwes
#111 Posted: 01:06:56 07/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Latnok carefully walked over to Sozen, making sure not to make any sudden movements. "Sure. Let's get you away from this place and patch you up a bit," Latnok said, doing his best to support the weight of the creature as he walked. "Don't you worry - we'll keep you safe and sound." Latnok wondered if he would've been able to - or would've attempted to - reason with the creature had it not been for Raclaw's assistance. The two had a lot they learned from each other.

Ilasi focused deeply on the music, and the result was something which actually sounded somewhat professional. She sang along to the lively, upbeat tune about a man trying to find his dog in a pack, her voice matching the quality of her instrument playing and complementing her natural beauty.
When she was done, she put the violin down. "So... what do you think?" she asked Angora. Even if her skill had gone up, she was still as uncomfortable as ever playing around others.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#112 Posted: 02:34:01 07/07/2020
After so much hassle, Draikon finally managed to get the permit that would allow him to have other test subjects rather than sprites, which even included prisoners. Since those who used magic were immediately covered in hexphage to avoid them from using their powers to escape, someone had to be cured in order to see the new hexphage's effects. Not wanting to risk a retialation or potential escape, the guards chose a prisoner with little amount of magic for Draikon to test. The mist worked like a charm, without the prisoner having symptoms other than coughing. He didn't have any kind of attack, unlike the sprite earlier. However, Draikon wasn't convinced.
"It's no use. We can't see it's full potential unless we use it on someone much stronger. Someone with very powerful magic and not exactly made of it..." Draikon said, remembering what happened to the poor sprite. A pixie could work, but they were almost as small as sprites. He wanted something bigger this time, and very powerful.

As the guards heard him, one of them casually mentioned Shade as a possibility.
"The Scourge of Redwater? The black dragon?" Draikon commented, hating the idea of using his mixture on a majestic creature like that... but it was almost common knowledge that he, along with a few other individuals, had Orion's blessing, as well as some of the deity's powers. Who better test subject than a dragon with a god's powers? While it was initially a joke, the guards eventually agreed that Shade may be the better test subject. Draikon wasn't keen to idea, but eventually even he agrees. However, he was going to let Shade be a willing test subject. He only hoped the dragon was far more agreeable than the cowardly faun man that has rejected his offer too many times. At least he had the extract ready with him to remove the mutant once the testing was over.

Ilasi focused deeply on the music, and the result was something which actually sounded somewhat professional. She sang along to the lively, upbeat tune about a man trying to find his dog in a pack, her voice matching the quality of her instrument playing and complementing her natural beauty.
When she was done, she put the violin down. "So... what do you think?" she asked Angora. Even if her skill had gone up, she was still as uncomfortable as ever playing around others.

Angora nodded in approval, Ilasi surprising her.
"Very nice. I didn't think you would sing as well. Singing while playing an instrument? That requires a lot of concentration." she praised, enjoying every single second of her stay.
"If only Maverick could motivate himself to sing and play again. It doesn't have to be the mandolin. It can be... something else." Angora regretted, assuming Maverick already told Ilasi why he didn't do any music anymore. It was quite the waste. If only Maverick could let it go and understand those were very different times. The one who kidnapped him was a friend now... well not exactly a friend, but still sort of an ally. She still remembered when Laszur captured with his tail, but she didn't let the moment traumatized her, especially when she has gone through worse.
---
#113 Posted: 05:05:49 07/07/2020 | Topic Creator
The kidnapping incident with Laszur wasn't something Maverick liked to dwell on, though Ilasi was aware of it. She didn't like to bring up sore spots, so avoided mentioning it to him again.
Regardless, she appreciated Angora's praise. "Concentrating on the singing and playing helps me forget that I'm playing in front of other people," she admitted as she set the instrument to the side. "Maverick would have an easier time with it - if he still played... I try not to bother him too much about it. I know the memory was probably a bit traumatic..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#114 Posted: 05:25:27 07/07/2020
“Thank you. I just hope those hunters don’t come back.” Sozen said as he limped along with the help of Latnok and Raclaw. He would stop every now and then to take a break. “We won’t be passing any more humans will we? I just don’t trust them that aren’t apart of the guardians.”

Meanwhile
“I’d stand back you two. I may be small but I can breath fire like a full grown dragon.” Icestorm said as he readied himself and took a breath in before releasing his dragon fire on the armor.

Shade meanwhile was curled up sleeping as he just had his food. He still missed his friends and family. Though he was unaware he was about to be asked to partake in a experiment.
---
SC
#115 Posted: 08:38:43 07/07/2020
The soldiers only bantered about the matter, since it was common knowledge Draikon didn't like harming dragons, so they didn't expect him to agree. Shade was a very elite prisoner, one that was being talked about being released... IF the people ever forgave him for what he did. He wasn't one to trifle with.
"We shall take you there, but we can make no promises." the captain of the group said, him and his men taking Draikon to the outside of the prison where Shade was being kept.

Draikon couldn't see anything from there. He didn't know if Shade had hexphage in him or if it has been gradually removed the more he behaved like what happened to most prisoners, but if he still had it, the experiment wasn't going to work. Last time he heard Shade had a collar that would act up if he used his powers inappropriately, so if that was the case, there shouldn't be any trouble with the test. After the captain was done speaking with the wardens about his plans, it was his turn.
"It's a very easy procedure. I just splash some of the new hexphage mist on him no see what happens. Don't worry about him. I have the extract right here. It will remove all the residue from his body after I'm done." Draikon patiently explained, not intending for Shade to get hurt, even less remove his powers. While the mutated hexphage was stronger and more quickly effective than the original fungus, it was much easier to extract. It didn't need a potion. The machine was especially designed to remove all traces of the mist through the body's pores, sort of like forced sweating, but only the mutant was extracted and nothing else. He only had that machine, but he was planning on building more of them.

The kidnapping incident with Laszur wasn't something Maverick liked to dwell on, though Ilasi was aware of it. She didn't like to bring up sore spots, so avoided mentioning it to him again.
Regardless, she appreciated Angora's praise. "Concentrating on the singing and playing helps me forget that I'm playing in front of other people," she admitted as she set the instrument to the side. "Maverick would have an easier time with it - if he still played... I try not to bother him too much about it. I know the memory was probably a bit traumatic..."

Angora grinned and shook her head slowly, knowing that Ilasi didn't do well with crowds. She did quite well though, although the crowd was just her this time.
"Well, he can't stay traumatized forever. What's past is past, and Laszur likes him now... I think." Angora stated, believing that everybody that knew Maverick well liked him. Though with that lizard, it was hard to tell.
"Anyway, I always heard merfolks were excellent singers. But I should've known they played instruments well too. You and Maverick would make quite the duo if only he could motivate himself again..." she commented, making it her goal for this week to try motivating him again. Maybe through his kids was the best bet. She wondered if she, a troll, could try singing to Veris, or his companions so that perhaps they would finally like her, and not just as food, but she quickly dismissed the idea, not having faith in her own voice. An instrument though, that could work.
---
#116 Posted: 21:39:53 07/07/2020 | Topic Creator
After some brief consideration, the warden headed to a cabinet to grab some documents, before presenting them. "You can go ahead, but you accept the risks by doing so. Please sign these documents here for record-keeping purposes and to show you acknowledge the risk." Shade had proven to be docile, but one could never tell how these experiments would end up.

Latnok wasn't aware of any hunters in the area to begin with, so he couldn't say for certain what was going to happen. "Well, Raclaw and I don't sense any hunters in the immediate area," he assured Sozen as he helped the creature move along. "If they show up, they'll see that you're in our custody - people generally know to leave us to do our business." The Salvation House wasn't too far away - Sozen would be perfectly safe there.

"Oh, I'm not as good as Lydia, I don't think," Ilasi said, recalling her friend of old. "Just... a bit of practice, that's all. I do admit, it would be nice if Maverick would play music again, but I can understand why he would prefer not to."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#117 Posted: 22:13:32 07/07/2020
Lydia... that was a name Angora hasn't heard in a long time. She knew from Maverick she was the mermaid that saved him when Armon's ship sunk. First a mermaid saved him and now he had one as a wife. The man really seemed to have a thing with mermaids. It wa funny actually.
"Yes, I know about her. Never met her, but I don't think you should compare yourself to her, or anyone else. You should just, do your own thing, you know? You can admire others but never try to be like them. Just do your own thing." Angora suggested, believing most humans, and apparently some merfolks too, had a tendency to want to imitate or be better than others.

Angora was enjoying this little bonding moment when there was a knock on the door before Ilasi could respond.
"I'll get it." she said, almost done with the dishes but still offering to open. At the door, there was a rather petite woman with honey colored hair, who was nevertheless slightly taller than Ilasi. This woman... yes, Angora knew this woman, but from where?
"Ah, good afternoon. Is the matriarch of the house here? Oh, hey there. People call me Huntress. May I have a few words with you?" the woman asked, seeing Ilasi behind Angora. After Huntress was done spying on Maverick and being briefly distracted by Draikon, it was time for her next mission. She recognized Angora almost immediately, impossible to forget such a face. But her business was with Ilasi alone. The troll knew her from somewhere, and hated how easily she sometimes forgets faces. Still, there was something about Huntress that made her uneasy. With a nickname like that, who knows what she was up to.

After some brief consideration, the warden headed to a cabinet to grab some documents, before presenting them. "You can go ahead, but you accept the risks by doing so. Please sign these documents here for record-keeping purposes and to show you acknowledge the risk." Shade had proven to be docile, but one could never tell how these experiments would end up.

"Yes, of course." Draikon responded, signing the documents and accepting the risks. Shade didn't seem like an evil dragon, and while it was true he has killed many people, Draikon doubted it was on purpose. After giving the signed documents to the warden, he was escorted to Shade's cell, with the elderly man almost exited to see the infamous dragon. Draikon has never seen Shade before, but he has heard descriptions of him. He could even be an entirely new species of dragon, someone worth studying and maybe even befriend, but all these idiot Aelinonians cared about was to torture, kill and enslave their prisoners regardless of species or offense.
---
#118 Posted: 23:16:53 07/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Ilasi carefully came over to the door. "Matriarch? That's a bit... much, don't you think?" she replied as she analyzed the woman. Huntress - Ilasi guessed that such a name wasn't given to a dainty lady or a homemaker.
"But I guess I would fit that position. How may I assist you?" she asked politely. Was something happening in the neighborhood? The woman didn't seem to know her - why did she come to this house, then?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#119 Posted: 23:36:19 07/07/2020
Huntress looked at Angora with a raised eyebrow, and the troll knew that look.
"Alone, huh? Fine, fine. I'll go." she said, looking at Ilasi.
"I'll be in my room. Yell of you need anything or if she does something bad." she said to the mermaid telepathically, going to the room Maverick always had for her.

Now that the little beast was gone, Huntress took the time to look around the house a bit from outside. Ilasi didn't invite her in, so she decided to talk right there.
"It seems your husband is taking good care of you. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Tell me, are you aware of captain Armon Blakes? He terrorized the seas for a while. Nasty piece of work that one. He is long dead thank the heavens, but the damage he did in many places has remained to this day. Tell me, are you aware of the damages? Of the killings? Maybe... anything that would give clues as to what his next plans would've been? Or if he had any backup plans in case of his death? Armon Blakes is quite the famous subject among merfolks, and you live the closest to my house, so I figured you just might know something." Huntress explained, being deliberately vague. She didn't want to mention anything about Maverick's connection to Armon, but whether Ilasi knew or not, not commenting about the connection made Huntress believe she would have better answers. She even brought an old poster of Armon back when he was a wanted man for Ilasi to see. He wasn't exactly bad looking, but he still looked quite scary, his appearance being almost nothing like his son. He had a rounder head, more tanned skin, black colored hair and eyes, thick eyebrows and short sideburns.

Although Angora was in her room, the walls weren't completely sound proof. She used her sharp hearing to listen to what Huntress was saying, and she wasn't liking the subject one single bit. Just who the heck was that woman? And why the interest in talking about a man that has been dead for more than a decade? What's more, why Ilasi of all merfolks? The wife of the son? It was just too much to be mere coincidence. Something big was up. She could feel it...
---
#120 Posted: 23:54:20 07/07/2020
Quote:
*Meanwhile*

“I’d stand back you two. I may be small but I can breathe fire like a full grown dragon.” Icestorm said as he readied himself and took a breath in before releasing his dragon fire on the armor.

Risar and Svar stood up and watched as the (surprisingly small) dragon breathed fire onto the armor-- the unique metal chassis would immediately react, changing colors from a silver tone to an intricate mix of silver with red streaks throughout. After several seconds or even minutes, the red streaks of color did not go away suggesting some sign of either permanent change or permanent damage. Such was still to be determined...

"Hmm, I like it! It gives it a rather unique look upon flame, wouldn't you say? I call it 'the look of battle'.. erm trademark pending.," an excited Svar then explained perhaps making up words as he reacted to the obviously unexpected reaction of the armor. "But one must wonder if it's still viable for armor.," the Minotaur responded as if in thought. "Well-- have another swing at it, why don't you? And afterwards, give it another go my small-but-powerful dragon!," the blacksmith then challenged as Risar pulled out one of his axes and took a bull rush-like running charge at it. To his surprise, the axe left a dent but more importantly didn't get through completely. He then stood back and gave a nod to Icestorm, non-verbally giving him the 'go head' to let flame loose again. Perhaps the man had actually come up with something great. Or perhaps he had merely gotten lucky with the armor's reaction to dragon flame. Or perhaps it would simply fall apart. Only one in the room could further test that theory.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:53 07/07/2020 by redwes
#121 Posted: 00:30:00 08/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Ilasi's heart sank at the stranger's mentioning of the name Armon Blakes, though her face at most showed a very slight frown. Would these ghosts of the past never cease to haunt her husband? "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I wouldn't have any information pertaining to that," she answered as politely as she could. "Neither would my husband. We are well aware of the horrible man Armon Blakes was and what he's done. Maverick has long since washed his hands of all of that business, and has been nothing but an upstanding man - and a good husband and father - since then." Ilasi really hoped the answer would cause Huntress to leave, but had a feeling that someone with a name like that could be quite persistent.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:01 08/07/2020 by A Guy
#122 Posted: 01:01:01 08/07/2020
Ilasi's answer came as a mild surprise to Huntress. The only way for her last sentence to make sense was if she already knew Maverick's connection to Armon. She didn't know if the mermaid was spunky for taking her chances with a man like that or just plain stupid.
"So then, what about your husband? Seems you do know a lot more than I expected. A good husband and father... hmm... and what made you choose... a man like that? Someone that's not even from your same... society?" Huntress asked, not wanting to mention the word species.
"I'm sure Redwater has a fair deal of eligible mermen. I even heard that during the Enduring Legacy voyage there was a merman there." Huntress finally asked, very curious to know what possessed Ilasi to choose someone like Maverick for a husband, having many other options. Not only was he the son of a very horrible man, but she even had children with him. She wondered if Ilasi ever stopped to think what kind of life would their kids have. Did she even ever stopped thinking that her children would be seen as freaks of nature with such a mixture of genetics?

At school, the ringing of the bell indicated classes were finally over. Alana picked her backpack and got ready to head to the carriage that would take her close to home.
"Let me guess... Angora is coming." a girl besides her said, the closest person she had to a friend. Bullying was severely punished in Redwater schools, so Alana didn't have to worry about that most of the time. But due to her troublemaking nature and uniqueness, it was hard to make friends.
"You know it Dina. Can't get punished or it'll be less time to see her." Alana responded as they waited for the carriage to arrive, still wondering if Angora would have a new bite mark.
---
#123 Posted: 04:01:27 08/07/2020
Shade was sleeping by the time Draikon arrived at his cell he had his back turned and his wing over his face. Soft snores could be heard from him.

Meanwhile
Icestorm smirked “let’s see if it can take my full temperature fire.” He then breathed his fire hotter this time. It looked almost white.
---
SC
#124 Posted: 05:07:02 08/07/2020
As Icestorm breathed fire-- the armor visually began to glow red hot before settling into what was now an mixture of silver, red, and white streaks. Risar internally 'jotted down' a note concerning the the initial reaction that, although perhaps not unexpected, might not be ideal for the user to whom the armor is supposed to be protecting. As he and Svar watched the final reaction, the former noted that the armor at least appeared intact and wasn't falling into pieces as he might've feared. He, himself, began to take out an actual notepad and quickly jotted down some physical notes.

"It.. it survived! I didn't expect it to change color like that. Erm.. at least not to that extent.," he instinctively thought out loud before correcting himself for his own 'benefit. Had he actually created dragon or at least fireproof armor? If it actually held up after all of that-- perhaps he could actually make a profit! Or so he thought he at least. Risar appeared to be in thought as he visually inspected the armor once again. The spread of heat temperature to the wearer might be an issue, but it did indeed appear to do its job.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:11:19 08/07/2020 by redwes
#125 Posted: 05:07:53 08/07/2020 | Topic Creator
"I've known Maverick - and Angora - before the voyage, and for longer than anyone else on that voyage," Ilasi explained. "He had shown himself to be a wonderful man - and someone who actually cared for me. Before then, most others saw me as an apprentice to train, or someone to run errands, or otherwise 'beneath' them. He loved me, and I loved him - it was that simple." If the questioning persisted, Ilasi would have to start asking some questions of her own - but she was still holding out hope that answering the simpler questions would placate the visitor.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#126 Posted: 05:10:52 08/07/2020
“It May of held up but that doesn’t mean the wearer would be safe from burns from the hot metal.” Icestorm said impressed himself. He then gently placed a paw on it. Being a dragon ment it would take a lot more than heat to burn him.
---
SC
#127 Posted: 05:22:14 08/07/2020
As Icestorm touched the metal-- it would indeed feel 'hot' although not to an entirely unbearable level. And it seemed to be actively cooling off, rapidly lowering in temperature to more normal levels. The color change, on the other hand, would remain permanent. It appeared as if each 'level' of flame breath would seemingly permanently 'mark' the armor quickly indicating that it had been used that the user, prumuningly at least, survived the battle while wearing the shiny new now chromatic armor. The various shades now included now led it to almost appear copper-ish in color, but with a rather unique 'Damascus steel'-like pattern to it. After only a battle or two, the armor (or sword) would no doubt visually show it's own history. And an unused armor or sword made of the material would immediately be obvious. Risar internally noted this fact, finding it intriguing at the very least.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:24:31 08/07/2020 by redwes
#128 Posted: 14:06:27 08/07/2020
The three friends were soon stuffed, and stopped to the beach to hear the calming waves, remembering their days as pirates and glad it ended. They couldn't be happier with the life they had, well except Random, who wished Huntress could give him a chance. Sand Dune and Opium also wished they could find love of their own, but for now, their jobs was their priority.
"Say, you remember fluffy Maverick, right? Not sure about you guys, but I'm in the mood to see my voyage buddies again." Opium suggested, knowing where at least Maverick lived, but he and his friends were usually so busy with their own lives visits were rare. Sand Dune and Random agreed, knowing they had to make the most of this free time. They barely see Angora, the a Guardian base being very well hidden and not welcoming to everybody, but there have been a few times where they managed to see her in her free week. Last time though was quite a long time ago, and they weren't certain if they were going to be lucky this time.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade was sleeping by the time Draikon arrived at his cell he had his back turned and his wing over his face. Soft snores could be heard from him.

Draikon took a good look at the sleeping Shade, like a big, black, breathing hill with scales.
"Impressive. Must be quite the hefty budget keeping this one fed." Draikon said, although knowing that if they could keep the behemoths fed, Shade was practically nothing. Still, he was far bigger than the usual prisoners. From his backside, he looked like an ordinary dragon, but it was the front he knew was very different.
"Leave me here. Don't worry. I'm not afraid. I'll leave the poor bloke sleep. I'll make sure not to startle him when he wakes up." Draikon assured, wanting the wardens to leave him in the cell with Shade. He wasn't certain if the dragon ate humans, but if he ever did, he would've found out about it, or the wardens would've at least warned him. Draikon believed his best bet for Shade to agree with his test is to let him see how much he was willing to trust him.

"I've known Maverick - and Angora - before the voyage, and for longer than anyone else on that voyage," Ilasi explained. "He had shown himself to be a wonderful man - and someone who actually cared for me. Before then, most others saw me as an apprentice to train, or someone to run errands, or otherwise 'beneath' them. He loved me, and I loved him - it was that simple." If the questioning persisted, Ilasi would have to start asking some questions of her own - but she was still holding out hope that answering the simpler questions would placate the visitor.

Huntress processed the words before speaking again.
"Angora? Oh right, the troll. Quite the amazing little... lady, isn't she? Imagine, being pardoned in the Redwater arena. A troll being forgiven by the people. That was a first. Of course, it helped that she was innocent from the particular crime she was accused of. And your husband, befriended a troll? She may be an exception to her kind, but nature is nature. And trolls... well, I believe you know how they are. Or are you going to tell me you never had any trouble with her? Or that you accepted your husband from the get go even after knowing who he was and what his... taste in friends was?" Huntress asked, trying to provoke Ilasi on purpose. In an angry state, people let delicate matters slip, and Huntress was hoping Ilasi would do the same and start giving her real information. Something, anything that she could use as leverage for her trap.
---
#129 Posted: 17:05:20 08/07/2020
Shade would eventually yawn and soon started to wake he stretched his wings and extra hands as he did. He soon noticed Draikon was looking at him. He assumed it was another guard come to torment him but he wasn’t wearing the normal guard outfit he was used to seeing. “Who are you?” He simply said.

Meanwhile
“Seems to held up quite nicely. No melting nor excessive heat.” Icestorm said.

As Raclaw and Latnok helped Sozen he limped. “Can we avoid as many humans as possible? I don’t want to risk getting captured again.”
---
SC
#130 Posted: 17:24:33 08/07/2020
"Don't worry-- we won't let that happen to you.," Raclaw reassured the Ice Bird as he allowed it to lean into him as needed. The side of his harness could be used as a grip to hold on to if Sozen needed the additional help; an accidental benefit of them discovering the injured creature during their flight time.

*Meanwhile*
"Then I believe I have proven myself and my claims. I dare say the unique patterns and traits might even be an marketable feature!," Svar exclaimed in a somewhat excitable tone. He quickly jotted down some more physical notes and briefly wondered if he might persuade the 'young' dragon to possibly work for him and pre-burn his armor in advance. However, he liked the idea of it changing color/showing 'experience' over time and quickly dropped the idea. Although it wouldn't hurt to show the public what can happen over time. "So then-- Risar, Icestorm. What do you say? Do we have a deal? I can start transferring some samples to your ship immediately including this one. And perhaps I could persuade your friend here to 'burn' a couple samples in both stages as a visual showcase asto what it'll do?," he then said looking at Risar for a response. "That would be for him to decide, although we do have a deal as previously agreed upon.," Risar responded offering a nod.

Indeed-- it was a rather impressive, if not comparable, showcase with some unexpected 'exotic' properties. There was Phoenix Steel for instance, but such a steel was mostly exclusive to the Guardians and remained consistent throughout its lifetime. The only thing the new metal and armor needed now was a proper name. "And Risar does have a suggestion. About the name, how about.. Fire Forged?," the Minotaur then said with something of a grin. "Ooooooo, you're amazing my muscular friend! Fire Forged Steel it is!," Svar then exclaimed once again.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:33:21 08/07/2020 by redwes
#131 Posted: 17:52:03 08/07/2020
With their goal set, the trio of former pirates went to Maverick's place, sightseeing along the way. There were still a few miles away, but Redwater always had something interesting for the eyes.

Shade would eventually yawn and soon started to wake he stretched his wings and extra hands as he did. He soon noticed Draikon was looking at him. He assumed it was another guard come to torment him but he wasn’t wearing the normal guard outfit he was used to seeing. “Who are you?” He simply said.

Draikon looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Now this wasn't something you see in nature. Was he a new species? Or did those extra limbs a result of a genetic anomaly?
"What's that? No greeting? No hello? Not even a simple howdy?" Draikon asked, almost as if teasing him.
"But you didn't eat me or burn me to a crisp, so I'll give you that, unless of course you're just afraid the wardens will punish you if you do. But listen to me rambling. My name is Draikon. I am a scientist working for Aelinon. But I'm also working for the better good of non human creatures, which as you might know by now, Aelinonians need plenty to learn about. But first things first. Not sure if you know by now, but some Ishulgies are still at large, and some of them have such powerful magic, that the hexphage isn't enough to completely stop their powers. So... I came up with this. A mutant of the fungus, which is suppose to be more effective yet easier to get rid of with the appropriate circumstances... and I need to see how it works, and who better than a dragon? Now I won't force you to take it if you don't want to, but unlike normal hexphage, you don't need a potion to remove it. You just use it and viola. Good as new. Like nothing ever happened. What do you say? It's for the greater good." Draikon assured in a smooth voice, not willing to force Shade to go along with it but really hoping he would say yes.
---
#132 Posted: 01:48:13 09/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Ilasi wasn't goaded in particular by Huntress' comment, though she was getting slightly more annoyed as time passed. "We had our issues initially, but settled them over time," Ilasi explained plainly. This time, she would be the one asking the question.
"Why are you so interested in our history, anyway? How do you know my husband?" she countered. Two could play at that game.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#133 Posted: 02:50:35 09/07/2020
Huntress wasn't taken aback by Ilasi's questioning. She was almost expecting it given she was practically badgering her. She was thinking of lying, but decided the truth was better.
"Oh, a while ago. Long before he met you... maybe even the troll too. We were both blossoming into adulthood. And if you know your husband, well, you probably know what a lady magnet he was... and likely still is. Those soft, fluffy arms. That innocent looking face. Those eyes. Very annoying,don't you think? You should've seen how desperate he was for a girlfriend back then, but of course, dearest daddy didn't allow it. Heh, and look. A mermaid." Huntress explained with a raised eyebrow and an almost a coy voice. First she finds out the merman general's daughter saved him from the watery grave he was suppose to end up in and now the idiot was married to one, with kids and all. They say merfolks are the ones who hypnotize people, but Maverick seemed to have the opposite effect.

Angora was still hearing everything from her room, and her frustration was growing.
"What's the deal? I mean seriously, what the heck is the deal!? Just what is that woman's problem? What did Maverick ever did to her? I swear Neo, if she doesn't leave us alone. I'll be the one kicking her out... literally!" Angora communicated telepathically to Neo, containing her anger. Huntress and Maverick had a history. She was certain of it with the way she was expressing herself, but what wrong could've Maverick ever done to her? Or perhaps... it was Armon who did her great harm and was trying to take it out on the son? This woman was somebody they had to keep an eye on now on.
---
#134 Posted: 03:06:12 09/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Oh, that's what this is all about, Ilasi thought, as the pieces came together - or at least appeared to come together. An old admirer. Was she trying to sabotage their relationship?
"Yes, funny how things work," Ilasi answered plainly again. "But we are happily married, and I have no intention of leaving him." She left her meaning somewhat ambiguous, as she wasn't completely sure if Huntress was trying to sow dissension between them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#135 Posted: 03:17:47 09/07/2020
Huntress raised her eyebrow again, quietly praising Maverick for finding such a loyal wife... or maybe just someone easily manipulable.
"The mermaid and the pirate... heh, almost sounds like a children's book. And I had such great respect for merfolks too. Even wanted to be one when I was a child. Funny how everything can sink like quicksand. You'll do well going on a trip to the archives and see more about Armon Blakes. I bet the children would love to know who their granddaddy was... and who their father is. Good day." Huntress said, turning around and leaving, though leaving Ilasi plenty of time to respond if she had anything else to say.

Hearing her footsteps, Angora opened the door and saw the woman leaving from the hallway, glad that she was going away at last but worried about the great distress she might've caused poor Ilasi. It was admirable though how much she stood up for Maverick. Regardless of his past, he was still a great man, and blood should never determine one's destiny or personality.
---
#136 Posted: 04:03:54 09/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Ilasi watched Huntress leave, having no more words for her. She was left to ponder her visitor's last words - was this blackmail of some sort?
She took a deep sigh of frustration as she closed the door. She and Maverick hadn't delved into the latter's past with the children - that was irrelevant to the current day, and they did not need to think of their father as a criminal. But would there come a day where they had to? What if the children began prying on their own?
Ilasi's heart felt heavy in her chest as she tried to consider what to do. Maybe she was just overreacting. It was just a jealous admirer trying to be a homewrecker. Yeah, that was it. Yeah...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#137 Posted: 04:28:54 09/07/2020
“I could burn a few samples for you if you want.” Icestorm said with a smirk.

Meanwhile at Shades cell. “I’m sorry if i came off rude. I just don’t trust people like I use to. “I am Shade. But to correct you I’m not a dragon. I’m a Dragolet I’m not of this world. As for your experiment I have a couple questions. One, how long will it last? And two, what are the side effects?”
---
SC
#138 Posted: 08:19:47 09/07/2020
A space dragon? Is that what Shade meant? Draikon wasn't certain if to believe him or not, but if it was true, Shade would be worth studying thoroughly. But there would be time for that later. Right now, the hexphage mutant was what was important.
"Well Shade, rest assure. The concoction is suppose to work like the hexphage, except the effects happen much faster and the magic is better contained. Some Ishulgites can still use a bit of their powers even when covered in hexphage, so this mutant will make sure that doesn't happen, guaranteeing the safety of our officers and soldiers. You will likely cough for a while, but nothing else. Pain is not supposed to be felt, but if it does, like I said, this extract will remove the mutant in the form of a sweat. The mutant and nothing else." Draikon assured, though not telling him about the spirte experiment to avoid startling him. He doubted he would have the same effect, since unlike sprites, dragons weren't made by magic even if they could be users. But if Shade was a space dragon, he might be different. Only one way to find out. He knew the dragolet had some of Orion's magic after hearing the story of the Ishulgite war, so he was the perfect test subject.

Ilasi watched Huntress leave, having no more words for her. She was left to ponder her visitor's last words - was this blackmail of some sort?
She took a deep sigh of frustration as she closed the door. She and Maverick hadn't delved into the latter's past with the children - that was irrelevant to the current day, and they did not need to think of their father as a criminal. But would there come a day where they had to? What if the children began prying on their own?
Ilasi's heart felt heavy in her chest as she tried to consider what to do. Maybe she was just overreacting. It was just a jealous admirer trying to be a homewrecker. Yeah, that was it. Yeah...

After slamming the door, Huntress left for good, with a grin knowing that she did her job well. At least her words would get Ilasi thinking. She had no intention of harming Ilasi or the children, but she couldn't say the same about Maverick. She was too obsessed on catching him in the act that would lead to his doom, still refusing to believe someone with that blood could be good. But as she left, she saw at a distance someone, or rather, a few people she didn't expect to see.
"What are they doing here?" she whispered to herself, quickly hiding. It was Sand Dune, Random and Opium, who were still trying to remember what house belonged to Maverick. They didn't spot Huntress.

After Huntress left, Angora quietly approached Ilasi.
"Hey, I heard everything. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I don't know what the heck is that woman's problem, but she better not try anything stupid or I'll swear I'll be the one taking revenge. If I had been bigger and meaner, I would've eaten her." Angora assured, though saying the last sentence in form of a joke to raise Ilasi's spirit, although trolls eating people was actually not unheard of. She knew firsthand they could be cannibals, so practically any meat was fair game.
---
#139 Posted: 21:39:10 09/07/2020
Quote:
“I could burn a few samples for you if you want.” Icestorm said with a smirk.

Svar eagerly offered up a few samples to burn-- thanking the 'young' dragon for their service and offering a polite nod as the duo left. With that business settled and arrangements made for some product and samples to be delivered to the Raging Serpent, Risar would begin to head into the inner city again. As they passed by various shops and the occasional museum, a 'History of Dragons' building could be seen with a sign of the window reflecting a new exhibit. "History of the Fur Dragon: Extinct or one surviving sole member? Updated rumors and facts. Come inside to learn more!," the sign read presumingly referring to the rumors of Raclaw. It wasn't too often that the founder of the Salvation Houses stopped by, but it was rumored that he never came alone. And that certainly tracked well with what they knew of Raclaw before the various parties parted ways.
---
#140 Posted: 05:00:45 10/07/2020
“I don’t know. Perhaps try it on the Ishulgites prisoners?” Shade said. “I don’t want to risk my powers going wild if it doesn’t work. Ive worked so hard to get to where I am now I don’t want to ruin this chance.” Shade said.

Meanwhile
Icestorm helped make a couple samples and went with Risar. Icestorm then saw the sign in the window. “Say Risar after we check on the egg mind if we stop by the dragon museum? I want to see that new exhibit.”
---
SC
#141 Posted: 13:59:03 10/07/2020
The trio soon saw Maverick's house at the distance and recognized it.
"Let's go buddies. Time to meet our former mate." Sand Dune said, leading the way. They didn't spot Huntress anywhere, nor would they ever expect someone they have got to know had such a vendetta against a dear friend...

“I don’t know. Perhaps try it on the Ishulgites prisoners?” Shade said. “I don’t want to risk my powers going wild if it doesn’t work. Ive worked so hard to get to where I am now I don’t want to ruin this chance.” Shade said.

"Most of the Ishulgites have already been sacrificed and fed to the behemoths. The few that remain are off limits, even for me. Aelinon doesn't want to take any chances with them." Draikon explained, understanding their point of view but also agreeing with Shade. Since the Ishulgites were the main target, it would've been better if he could've done the test on them.

"Don't you have, like, part of Orion's benevolent powers with you? At least... that's what I heard. You and a small group of friends. If you don't want me to try it on you, perhaps you have a friend that would be willing to cooperate?" Draikon asked, hoping any mention of a friend would make Shade react better than he wanted. It was quite common knowledge among soldiers and certain citizens of Redwater now that this dragon was friends with the faun man he wanted to study, and a certain small troll he has yet to meet. That's what Shade mostly talked about anyway for what he heard.
---
#142 Posted: 15:22:26 10/07/2020
“Easy there they....are off limits to that.” Shade warned. He then took a breath before speaking again. “I’m sorry I just don’t want anything happening to them.” He then looked to the chains that once held him. “Fine but first chain me up. I don’t want to take risks. Plus there’s no garentee that it will work on me the way it does to creatures of the earth.”
---
SC
#143 Posted: 16:44:05 10/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Ilasi gave a forced, nervous laugh. "Oh, don't worry about her... she's just a little off, I'm sure everything will be okay. Just someone with a few issues she needs to work out... now, maybe we should have a bit of tea to calm the nerves? Or maybe a bit of wine?" Ilasi was trying more to convince herself of the situation than Angora. That woman couldn't be a danger... could she?

The rest of the journey to the Salvation House was uneventful. Latnok and the others approached the compound. Unlike most places where the Ardent Guardians were, there was no guard stationed outside.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#144 Posted: 17:19:47 10/07/2020
Angora could see Ilasi was just trying very hard to not make a big deal out of this. She and Maverick have worked so hard to earn their happiness, only to have this woman come out of the blue and threaten it.
"Neither beverage seem to work for me, but I do like tea a little." Angora accepted, willing to add a bit of meat with it.
"Old girlfriend or not, Maverick is taken. And if she only happens to hate pirates, she will just have to accept Maverick isn't one anymore. Wasn't even a willing one. You have seen his belly. That't how his bastard of a father punished him when he didn't do what he wanted. But Armon Blakes has been dead for more than a decade now, and that should be enough for her. For everybody. Don't worry about it. I will find out who this woman is and what her deal is. You and Maverick worked so hard to get where you are. You think I'm going to let some random woman try and destroy that?" Angora assured, willing to work hard to keep the family together. Maverick, Ilasi, the children, they didn't deserve any of it. Maverick's past was deeply buried, and she wasn't willing to allow anybody to dig it out due to jealousy or grudge, whatever that woman was feeling.

“Easy there they....are off limits to that.” Shade warned. He then took a breath before speaking again. “I’m sorry I just don’t want anything happening to them.” He then looked to the chains that once held him. “Fine but first chain me up. I don’t want to take risks. Plus there’s no garentee that it will work on me the way it does to creatures of the earth.”

Draining gave a brief chuckle at Shade's reaction.
"Relax big guy. Didn't you hear me the first time? Not only do I work for Aelinon, but I also work for the better life of non human creatures. I don't intend to harm anybody. I would use this on an Ishulgite, but like I said, they are off limits, and with the overwhelming amount of hexphage they have, there will be no way we can see the actual results of the mixture if I apply it with the original hexphage doing it's work, and it's too risky to remove the fungus from them to then apply the mixture. They could use the brief timing to attack and escape." Draikon said, bummed that he couldn't try it on the ugly people, but he knew how it worked in a sprite, an almost entirely magical creature. If it worked on Shade, a creature out of this world according to him, then Draikon had faith it would work on Ishulgites as well.

There were chains already on the cell, which weren't used anymore the more Shade showed his trustworthiness, but it was time to used them again. As he chained up Shade's neck, legs and even tail, Draikon took the time to get to know him better.
"So, I heard from the guards that what you talk about the most is seeing these friends of yours. A man with some faun ancestry... and a troll. You really have a peculiar... choice of friends, don't you? And a troll? Not exactly the most popular creatures you know, and dragons would more likely eat them than befriend them." Draikon said, not knowing much about true dragon's diet given how they were almost wiped out, but wyverns, a type of dragon, would prey on them very often in the wild. Draikon didn't know much about Angora, nor even what her job was, he only knew about her genetical anomaly plus some other aspects like her participation in the arena and her role in the Ishulgite war, so he was simply guessing what kind of troll she was.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:59:02 10/07/2020 by Felines
#145 Posted: 20:45:50 10/07/2020 | Topic Creator
"...Thank you," Ilasi said hesitantly. She was reluctant to have Angora get involved, but perhaps it was for the best. "I'll prepare some tea." Ilasi quickly made her way to the kitchen.
Rifling through the cupboards, she grabbed the lavender blend before preparing the kettle and putting it on the fire. Think about something else... what else could she think about?
In the meantime, she headed to the table to converse further with Angora if she wished. Angora was right - after all that Maverick had been through, what right did this woman have to butt into his - and her - life, and threaten to ruin things?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#146 Posted: 21:29:04 10/07/2020
Angora took a sip of the tea, taking in the quietness. But it was too much. Too silent. That stupid woman disrupted the peaceful moment the two of them were having moments ago. She knew Ilasi was trying not to worry about anything, but could tell that the mermaid's peace of mind was tarnished. Desperate to change the subject, Angora looked at the brochures and decided to share something with her.
"You know... maybe... I should consider a new job after all. These bites are a constant reminder on how in danger I am. I know Veris is likely going to hate me for it, but..." Angora started to say, when there was another knock at the door. She groaned loudly to avoid screaming.
"Damn it! What now!?" Angora yelled, letting the cup aside to answer the door, assuming it was Huntress again.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU... oh." she exclaimed, blushing hardly when she saw who they were.
"Woah woah! Easy, easy! Don't eat our faces Angora. It's just us." Sand Dune said, immediately recognizing her. She hasn't changed at all it seems. Not even in size... although maybe, just a little?
"What's the deal?" he asked, but Angora just apologized.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's nothing. Nothing important. I'm very glad to see you guys." Angora said as she greeted each of the men individually.
"Look Ilasi. Look who came to visit." Angora stated with a big smile, hoping their visit would mellow down the horrible tension the woman caused earlier.
---
#147 Posted: 23:22:59 10/07/2020
Quote:
The rest of the journey to the Salvation House was uneventful. Latnok and the others approached the compound. Unlike most places where the Ardent Guardians were, there was no guard stationed outside.

"Don't worry-- you're safe now.," Raclaw said as they approached. It really was amazing what he and Latnok had managed to build up with the initial Salvation House. Of course, it wasn't just them. They had the full support of the Guardians beneath their wing; and their resources.

---

Quote:
*Meanwhile*
Icestorm helped make a couple samples and went with Risar. Icestorm then saw the sign in the window. “Say Risar after we check on the egg mind if we stop by the dragon museum? I want to see that new exhibit.”

Risar offered a nod as they walked, soon approaching the Redwater branch of the 'Salvation House' once again. "Oh it's you two again-- welcome back. Back to check on your egg? Hold on, let me grab the others...," the person who opened the door spoke letting the duo inside. "Wait here.," he then said as he walked off.
---
#148 Posted: 01:33:49 11/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Though coincidental, the visit did indeed put Ilasi in much better spirits. "Oh, hello again," she greeted with a smile after getting up to reach the door. "Don't mind us, we've just had a bit of an unpleasant visitor here. It's no big deal. How have the three of you been? It's been awhile." The men weren't in prison, at least, so that was a good sign. Ilasi was going to ask how they found her home, but she figured that they were probably looking for Maverick, who more people would be familiar with.

The brick walls of the Salvation House , while not the most beautiful sight, was sturdy and suited to the job that needed to be done. Latnok brought Sozen to a set of large double doors, one of several entrances to the building.
The group entered into a spacious room similar to a warehouse, with no one else present at the moment. Latnok gently helped Sozen down.
"Now let's see if we can't do a better job with those wounds now," Latnok said as he began to examine them more thoroughly. "We have medicine here, and this space is isolated - I'm sure you don't want any children bothering you right now."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#149 Posted: 02:44:25 11/07/2020
Though coincidental, the visit did indeed put Ilasi in much better spirits. "Oh, hello again," she greeted with a smile after getting up to reach the door. "Don't mind us, we've just had a bit of an unpleasant visitor here. It's no big deal. How have the three of you been? It's been awhile." The men weren't in prison, at least, so that was a good sign. Ilasi was going to ask how they found her home, but she figured that they were probably looking for Maverick, who more people would be familiar with.

The three men entered after getting Ilasi's permission, very happy that they could also catch Angora in her free week. It was a pleasant coincidence.
"Unpleasant visitor? Who would want to bring trouble here?" Sand Dune wondered, unable to believe somebody would want to distrupt this lovely family.
"It's not important. Probably one of Maverick's old girlfriends, but she just left. It's really no biggie." Angora assured, not wanting to bring the subject again and certain Ilasi didn't want to either.
"Oh the old bloke. Always with the ladies. Causing much heartbreak now I imagine. I wish we could have half the luck he has." Opium commented, really admiring the man.
"Well, maybe we just take more time. Random here is in love with this lovely lady. She's even learning sign language for his sake, but poor lass still hasn't reciprocated." Sand Dune explained, with the blushing Random slapping him on the back of his head.
"Random in love? Well what do you know?" Angora said, glad that he was open to a second chance but feeling sad at the lack of progress.

The three men sat in the living room while Angora resumed her tea, with Sand Dune, Random and Opium not touching the unpleasant visitor subject to avoid ruining the atmosphere.
"Why you look at that? A troll sipping tea like a proper lady. Now I have seen everything. You girls really make a nice duo." Opium said funnily, but Angora didn't find the first parts too amusing.
"You mind if we stay here a while lady Ilasi? We want to see Maverick again. And the kids of course. The little tykes probably don't remember us." Sand Dune asked, the trio only seeing them twice since they were born. Once as babies and another time as toddlers. If they were already old enough to be at school, they really have missed a lot.
---
#150 Posted: 03:56:39 11/07/2020
“They were the only one who saw who I truly am. They helped free me from a great evil and gave me a second Chance on life. They are like family to me. Even more so than my real one.” Shade said. He looked at Draikon. “And to correct you again I’m not a dragon. I may look like one but I can assure you I’m not even from this world.”

Meanwhile with Sozen.
“No I don’t want anyone seeing me like this. J-just keep anyone else away” he said as the temperature seemed to fall again.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 3 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27 28

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me