Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
First | Previous | Page 15 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26 27 28
The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private] [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#701 Posted: 23:23:08 25/11/2020
"Hmm--," Risar thought once again suspecting the potential guest. They had Raclaw onboard, they potentially (his choice) had Icestorm onboard, and they were heading out.. to look for dragons. And rare dragons at that. What if she were there on Aelinon's behalf or even worse, her own believes as according to Icestorm? "We shall let her rest her case, on why she should/shouldn't come but.. stay with me. We have to consider the others and yourself; this may not be the best voyage for her to partake in.," the minotaur then said not forgetting the 'potencial' the wrong person might find in any dragon onboard. And how Aelinon felt about sentient dragons, unique or not.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#702 Posted: 00:02:35 26/11/2020
Soon, the announcer minotaur came with Huntress, looking almost regal. She took a brief glance at Icestorm, certain she has seen him before. He looked an awful lot like a dragon... if he was one, but he was too small to be considered a worthy target, not to mention he was with Risar, so she ignored him and went straight to business.
"Ah. Captain Risar I presume? You have made quite a name among Redwater. I heard you have a journey to the once inaccessible land, and I want to offer myself for the job." Huntress explained, aware of his nose ring's meaning. Risar had quite the surprising accomplishments for a former slave, but the company he kept was very questionable.

Back at the Guardian's base, Angora prepared herself to return to Veris, organizing her room a little before heading off in order to clear her mind. The eavesdropping caretaker had left by now, thinking this was great gossip material for the next break. Things were usually so dull there. Angora never noticed his presence, so she remained deep in her own thoughts.
"Why does everyone thinks Veris will hurt me if he finds out I'll leave? That scientist, even my own dreams. I want a new job... but I'm not sure if he is is the best option. And I don't want to hurt Veris' feelings... but... I need this change. Neo... do you think he'll be very angry with me once I tell him?" Angora asked her spirit guardian, wanting an answer. He was usually a lousy counsel, but he was the best option in the base. She didn't want to believe Veris would go violent with her, but she still believed he could be nevertheless upset, especially since he still firmly believed her job here was a lifetime deal.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#703 Posted: 00:53:34 26/11/2020
Once Icestorm saw Huntress he knew right away he saw her all those years ago. “So it is you. I remember you all those years ago.”

“I don’t believe he will. I’m sure he will understand. But going with this scientist just because he thinks you can’t be friends with a Wyvern is outrageous. You have a right to choose your life not him. He has no right to judge what Wyverns are just because he studied them. Take dragons for example they were hunted to near extinction just because of a few bad ones. Why are Wyverns any different? Life has a way to be different and if he can’t see that then he isn’t welcomed here.” Neo said.
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#704 Posted: 03:14:20 26/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Latnok led the way, the streets being filled with the usual hustle and bustle of folk going about their business at that time of day. They all made sure to give enough clearance for Raclaw. Though the fur dragon was still an odd sight to the new faces (which there were always many of in Redwater), the locals had generally seen him enough to become comfortable with him.
Eventually they reached the rendezvous point of the tavern they originally met at. As Latnok opened the door, he wasn't surprised to see Risar and Icestorm there - that was where they were staying, after all. He wondered how long it would be until Maverick showed up. He approached Risar's seat, though he waited patiently for him to be done talking with this stranger.
A sudden sense of realization hit Latnok - that was Huntress. The woman despised dragons, and would rather see them all dead. What was she doing here, talking to Risar?

An hour later, as promised, Julian and Vellune returned to Sozen - the latter with a prototype schematic to present. "Hey, Sozen, was it? I'm here and heard about the device we need to develop," Vellune immediately started. "Just a quick question - might be a bit odd - but can you read schematics? If not, I can explain things."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#705 Posted: 03:22:10 26/11/2020
“Up untill this point I’ve never been in the city. Always lived far up north away from any humans. Could you explain them to me?” Sozen said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:27 26/11/2020 by Spyroconvexity
#706 Posted: 03:23:41 26/11/2020
For once, Neo made her feel slightly better. He did have a point about dragons and wyverns.
"Yeah. Sure. Still... I think I'll just put Veris to the test first instead of just telling him outright." Angora decided, heading to his pen, but being distracted by the conversation, a wyvern quickly snapped at her. It managed to catch her... but just her clothes this time. Angora pulled it off, naturally tearing some of it. The wyvern was quite upset about it's fail, but then again, Angora had the talent to elude them, not to mention magic helped a lot.

Angora on the other hand, was furious, and with better reasons.
"Alright! That's it! This... THIS HAS GOT TO STOP! WHEN WILL YOU BEASTS LEAVE ME ALONE? DON'T YOU ALREADY GET ENOUGH FOOD? WHY DO YOU WANT ME FOR WHEN YOU'RE ALL WELL FED AND TAKEN CARE OF? I COULD'VE BEEN A GREAT FRIEND TO YOU ALL, BUT YOU SAVAGES JUST HAVE TO GIVE IN ON YOUR PRIMITIVE INSTINCTS! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" Angora screamed, very frustrated that, even after all this time, they would still try to hunt her. Most of the wyverns were indeed trying to devour her, but some were so used to her escaping, that snapping at her became more of a game than a genuine hunting attempt. Angora's rant surprised the two legged dragons, and the rest of them didn't attempt to catch her for the time being. Angora took the time to calm herself, kinda regretting losing her cool like that, but it was something she has kept buried for quite a while, and it was only a matter of time before she exploded. When few seconds were left for her to arrive at Veris' enclosure, she hoped he didn't hear anything. She didn't like when he saw how upset she was, plus she kinda insulted his companions, even if he didn't interact with them that much.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Once Icestorm saw Huntress he knew right away he saw her all those years ago. “So it is you. I remember you all those years ago.”

Huntress saw the creature indifferently.
"Do I know you?" she asked with a scowl, deliberately trying to ignore him once more, and quite angry that he butted in when the conversation was between her and Risar only.
---
#707 Posted: 04:26:30 26/11/2020
“You’re Huntress. The one who hates dragons.” Icestorm said. “I am Icestorm. The one who fought in the war all those years ago.” He wanted to say who he really was but couldn’t as he didn’t trust her.
---
SC
#708 Posted: 04:44:13 26/11/2020
Risar could tell that the two were extremely annoyed-- although he did not know the specific details; there was clearly blood between the two and it was clear that the dragons of the crew (Icestorm, Raclaw, the others should they find them) would *not* get along well with the new potential hire. "And I, Risar, consider Icestorm here to be a friend-- an ally. You won't get far if you and he can't get along. Explain yourself.," the minotaur captain then said with somewhat of a slight snarl.

He and Raclaw were friends; a dragon. He and Icestorm were friends and temporary roommates; a dragon. And he and Latnok were friends; the friend of a one-of-a-kind dragon. He wasn't going to turn his back and potentially bring someone onboard if it meant trouble on that front. Or even worse.. trouble if they're successful in finding more of Raclaw's kind.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:26 26/11/2020 by redwes
#709 Posted: 12:05:31 26/11/2020
Huntress remained calm, having been raised among rough Redwater soldiers and having faced many dangerous creatures. Her dragon hating reputation was more known than she expected, but she wasn't going to let that stop her. She has learned patience over the years, and these guys were a walk in the park for her.
"Are my preferences really an issue? Am I to be judged by what I love or hate? Did I insult... your friend as soon as I arrived? He's the one who addressed to me first. He's the first who decided to have issues with me. I'm here to discuss a job and he suddenly decided that he doesn't like me, without even knowing me. I came here looking for a job, nothing more, nothing less. It's hard enough being a woman in a world mostly ruled by men. I ask for the opportunity to expand my skills in new lands, and you want to deny it to me?" Huntress asked, in a voice so calm it was almost scary. Despite her beautiful exterior, she could be quite intimidating when she wanted.

Angora realized her clothes were rather thorn, so she tried covering the hole as best as she could to prevent Veris from asking questions. She didn't know if he heard her earlier, but she was sincerely hoping he didn't. Wyverns were known for their sense of smell, not their hearing.
"Hey big guy. Missed me? Don't worry. The man is gone now." She assured, Veris being quite tense with his presence earlier. While she really despised licks, she was going to let him do it this once if he wanted.
---
#710 Posted: 13:48:46 26/11/2020
Quote:
"Are my preferences really an issue? Am I to be judged by what I love or hate? Did I insult... your friend as soon as I arrived? He's the one who addressed to me first. He's the first who decided to have issues with me. I'm here to discuss a job and he suddenly decided that he doesn't like me, without even knowing me. I came here looking for a job, nothing more, nothing less. It's hard enough being a woman in a world mostly ruled by men. I ask for the opportunity to expand my skills in new lands, and you want to deny it to me?" Huntress asked, in a voice so calm it was almost scary. Despite her beautiful exterior, she could be quite intimidating when she wanted.

Risar seemed unphased by the show of intimidation-- shaking his head. "Normally, I would say no. My ship has served the underprivileged for some time now-- namely my own kind, but not extruding those who wish to join short term or even long term. However..," the minotaur began to speak considering his next words. He normally wasn't one to deny someone.

"However, this particular journey is an extra special one I'm afraid. Where we're going-- someone of your viewpoint may find themselves in a less than comfortable position and having to make or tolerate decisions that go against your very believes. As much as I don't doubt your skills, whatever they may be, I don't believe we are the best option for you at the current time or place.," he then said pausing to allow Icestorm or nearby crew any input. He wasn't a cruel captain by any means and would at least take any thoughts opinions into consideration.
---
#711 Posted: 14:10:40 26/11/2020
Before Icestorm could speak, Huntress decided to go ahead.
"Why should a viewpoint matter? I'm just here to request a job. Emotions and workload are something I separate. Plus... you might need someone like me. In the five years after the war, I have learned many things about the Ishulgites from the Redwater soldiers. How to subdue them. How to capture them. I even learned to make potions that could take away the little magic they have left. Many Ishulgites have been contained, but many others likely escaped back to the archipelago you have as your destination. Don't you think they'd want revenge on the people that stopped them?" Huntress pointed out, knowing how to take an argument to her favor. Ishulgites were still a huge issue in their society, and despite Aelinon's success in subduing most of them, as sad as it was to admit, some managed to escape her country's exceptional vigilance.

That noon, Random and Opium were at their respective jobs, but Sand Dune was free today. It was hard getting days where the three of them would be free, but their bosses were slowly starting to be easier to convince. If the three of them could be with Ilasi, then better. It would mean more protection, and more fun. The three former pirates were nearly inseparable, and it was hard to adapt to different jobs and different people.
---
#712 Posted: 16:11:34 26/11/2020
“That’s the problem we aren’t going to the archipelago. We are going to a lost island to really see if rumors of other fur dragons are true. My friend here may well be the last of his kind.” He said looking at raclaw. “And I never said I had issues with you. I just know your reputation when it comes to dragons.”
---
SC
#713 Posted: 18:54:46 26/11/2020
Huntress, who didn't look at Raclaw too much until now, remembered him.
"Oh. Him. And lost island? Intriguing. You know, it really offends me that you are so quick to judge just because I am not fond of a certain creature. You're baby sized, and he is... some sort of griffin. Like I already said several times now, I'm just here for a job. I serously doubt such reputation should dictate whether I get it or not." Huntress said again, not losing her patience but starting to get irritated with Icestorm. There was nothing, besides dragons, she hated most than someone who butted in private conversations. He was too small, and she refused to believe Raclaw was a real dragon. If she was to hunt one, she wanted the head of one big, ugly and scaly, like the Scourge of Redwater, not these abominations.

That afternoon, Maverick was ready to leave. He had what was probably his last lunch with his wife for a while, and after kissing her goodbye, he took his hyperspace bag and left the house. It was still uncertain whether the ship would leave today or tomorrow, but whatever the case, he was ready.
---
#714 Posted: 19:57:44 26/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Having encountered Huntress on more than one occasion, Latnok had significant misgivings about her. "A gryphon without a beak or bird claws? That's an interesting assessment if I've ever heard one," he dryly commented. "I don't care how good you are in a fight - if you're not compatible with the crew, then things will not work out. Hmm..."
Latnok gave Raclaw a look, making eye contact in tacit understanding, before looking back at Huntress. "How about we get my friend's assessment on you? He tends to be a pretty good... judge of character, if you will."

Ilasi sighed as Maverick left - he wouldn't be with her for quite awhile, and despite all of the reassurances, she was still very worried about his safety.
At the very least, however, she still had their kids - she wouldn't be lonely like she was before, even if it was quite a bit of work taking care of them. maverick had left them enough to ideally get them everything they would need while he was gone - which, hopefully, wouldn't be excessively long.

Though Veris heard a commotion and Angora's voice, he couldn't ascertain exactly what was said. She did, however, seem to not be in the best mood. "Are you okay?" he politely asked. "Did that human bother you again?' Undoubtedly, he would learn what happened from the other wyverns - eventually, anyway.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#715 Posted: 20:52:47 26/11/2020
“First impressions make all the best. And your first one when I saw you wasn’t the best.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#716 Posted: 00:33:08 27/11/2020
Huntress sighed and shrank her shoulders, quite upset on how everyone seemed to be gaining on her.
"Everyone here is so sensible. So prone to judging. Why is it so hard for a woman to find a job? At least he seems reasonable enough." Huntress commented, Raclaw being the only individual in that miserable room who hasn't said anything bad about her... as far as she knew at least. One look at Latnok and she could tell he was one of those annoying Guardians. How incredibly hypocrite of him to criticize her for not getting along with a dragon when his people literally killed them and many other creatures for a living.

Quote: A Guy
Though Veris heard a commotion and Angora's voice, he couldn't ascertain exactly what was said. She did, however, seem to not be in the best mood. "Are you okay?" he politely asked. "Did that human bother you again?' Undoubtedly, he would learn what happened from the other wyverns - eventually, anyway.

Angora was calmer now, but she didn't want to be there anymore.
"All is fine Veris. Don't you worry. He left now." she assured, relieved that Veris didn't seem to suspect a thing about what happened just a few seconds ago.
"Let's get out of here a while. Get some fresh air. Go to that clearing you love so much." she then suggested, wanting to be out of that pit of fangs out to get her. She opened the enclosure and climbed Veris like she usually did when they went outside, glaring at the wyvern that attacked her earlier as they passed him by. He in turn ignored them, not wanting to provoke Veris' wrath. As they left, Angora started to work on her head what possible subject they could bring in order for her to have an idea how Veris would react about her departure.
---
#717 Posted: 13:22:24 27/11/2020
Quote:
"I don't care how good you are in a fight - if you're not compatible with the crew, then things will not work out. Hmm..."
Latnok gave Raclaw a look, making eye contact in tacit understanding, before looking back at Huntress. "How about we get my friend's assessment on you? He tends to be a pretty good... judge of character, if you will."

Raclaw offered a nod and quickly began to scan the 'newcomer'-- he recognized her and did Latnok clearly. As a matter of fact, he had already made contact with this mind-- he recognized the mental 'fingerprint' as it were. He quickly recalled a memory of someone, this someone, wanting to buy him off of Latnok like some exotic mount.. even if in thought only! And he recalled what happened afterwards; the 'Huntress' bawked at the thought almost immediately after once she had it set that he 'was not a dragon!' Of course, it wouldn't be fair to judge her just off that alone or the nightmare she gave him afterwards...

As he read her, something else became prevalent. Why was she so interested in Maverick..? The way she thought of the hybrid-- it was almost as if he were her 'prey', almost to the point of obsession. "I recognize you.," Raclaw finally began to say. "You almost wanted to buy me, except you didn't say anything once you deemed me not worthy of being a dragon... and thus not worthy of your time or money. But there's something more. Why are you so interested in Maverick? You did not come here for work alone, although you do believe you would be capable of such work-- you came here *for* him. You seek him almost as a huntress would seek her prey or perhaps..," he went quiet for a moment. "You're here about his past. You're here to keep an eye on him. Am I wrong?," he then concluded not mentioning the already obvious 'hate dragon' metabolism. The rest would speak for itself-- and worst spelled trouble for Maverick.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:26:31 27/11/2020 by redwes
#718 Posted: 17:08:48 27/11/2020
Huntress' expression changed, clearly very angry that her privacy would be invaded like that. But of course, he was with a Guardian, and they were known to get into people's mind and have an unfair advantage against enemies. So expected of one to have a pet beast that could do the same.
"Not very gentlemanly invading a lady's private thoughts like that, don't you think?" Huntress said, giving a sneaky glance towards his annoying owner before speaking again.

Having dealt with similar pressure and having tons of experience working up sentences in her mind, she replied.
"Of course I'm interested in him. Almost everyone in Redwater knows about him. He has his own business, was in that war, and of course, he has genes of a creature that is extinct. Who wouldn't want to meet someone like him? Obviously, he's unique... and not so bad looking I must say." Huntress said, to excuse her interest before continuing.
"But it's also known he has a family. And taken from someone who lost her entire family, I wouldn't dream of breaking one." Huntress then assured, very annoyed at Raclaw for reading her mind, but if he was so adamant in invading her privacy like that, then he might as well see what she meant, so she made it easier for him to see what she went through. How as a little girl she lost everything to a rampaging dragon. Her parents and older sister died, and she was left in a pile of rubble, severely injured but as the sole survivor of the burnt village.
---
#719 Posted: 01:30:27 29/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Veris felt much happier, seeing that Angora was in a better mood now. With them leaving the area, he grew excited in anticipation of the flight they would be taking. With Angora not bringing up Draikon right now, Veris didn't have any reason to suspect anything untoward happening in regards to him.

Vellune pulled out the schematic for the planned incubation device to communicated it to Soren. "So here's the plan - we'll get some of your measurements, to best design the incubator to be a good fit for you and the egg," he began explaining. "The device itself will be designed with a metal base, covered by organic material - the metal will be shaped such that it most effectively holds you and the egg as you are seated, while the organic material will support you and the egg and provide a barrier and a bit of flexibility. Magical sensors will work to detect weight - which should trigger when you are sitting on the egg - and adjust inner heat based on whether or not you are present. The metal will take some work. In my preliminary drafting, the base is a steel alloy with additions of nickel or tungsten due to their lower thermal expansion; however, further adjustments will have to be made to make the metal compatible with long-term imbuement with magic. The organic material will ideally be something that is comfortable, and tolerates some level of heat without burning, while still being able to conduct that heat."
As Vellune elaborated on the schematic, he pointed to the various parts of the drawing to indicate what he was referring to. Despite the short time, he had certainly managed to put a lot of thought into the work...

Latnok had significant doubts, and was unfazed by the woman's protests. "If you're trying to make me feel guilty, you should know that I have no compunctions about ensuring the best possible working environment for my friends," he said. "As you can see, trying to do anything unsavory without us knowing is an exercise in futility; if your plans involve that, then you're wasting your time. Anyway, we'll let my buddy continue, and we'll see what Maverick has to say when he gets here." Ultimately, the ship wasn't Latnok's - he could only give his own opinion, and those were largely based on how Raclaw perceived this mercenary after his examination.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#720 Posted: 01:37:35 29/11/2020
“I’m much lighter than I seem. But as for the bedding I’d suggest something soft yet also fluffy as it retains more heat without loosing more. Plus some of my own feathers will help keep the egg warm.” He said. “The nest doesn’t have to be far off the ground like it would be in the wild as this is a well protected place. Plus should the egg hatch without me in the nest the little baby won’t injure itself should it decide to jump the nest.” He looked over it once more. “Other than that looks good.”
---
SC
#721 Posted: 02:34:30 29/11/2020
Huntress didn't care about Latnok's opinion. She had a goal in mind, and no greedy, showoff Guardian or mangy pet was going to stop her. If there was someone she should be pleasing, it was Risar. He was the captain and owner of the ship.
"It truly does offend me you men are speaking so venomously about me just because I have some unfavorable reputation or some shady past. And an understandable interest in this Maverick fellow. What ever happened to getting to know people first? My skills are no exaggeration. You can ask pretty much any Aelinon soldier you come across. We both have troublesome past Mr. Risar. I know what that nose ring indicates, and it's quite remarkable in what position you stand in now despite everything. Much like yourself, I'm just trying to make it in the world. Been trying many jobs here in Redwater and have never left the city. I was hoping this new job could expand my knowledge and experience." she said, trying to appeal to him by sharing similar experiences.

Huntress then addressed to Raclaw.
"Go ahead. Read all you want, but it's very uncool to invade a lady's sacred thoughts like this. Sacrilege!" Huntress then stated, knowing Guardians were a bunch of insensible fools who would stood so low, but perhaps his pet had more conscience than he did.

Veris felt much happier, seeing that Angora was in a better mood now. With them leaving the area, he grew excited in anticipation of the flight they would be taking. With Angora not bringing up Draikon right now, Veris didn't have any reason to suspect anything untoward happening in regards to him.

After arriving to their destination, Angora let Veris stretch, fly and hunt to his heart's delight. He was very obedient and loyal to her and Sere, so she didn't have to watch him so much. She wanted to hunt something herself, but wasn't feeling hungry. After Veris was tired enough to settle down, she sat besides him, gulping with nervousness.
"You know Veris, your master really knows how to make sure you are well taken care of. I know the other caretakers don't... spoil you like I do, but it's nice to know you are under great care even without me around. Heh, I swear it's like you get bigger each time I return from the weekly break." Angora stated, wanting Veris to be aware himself that even when she isn't around, he still has others taking good care of him. Sere wasn't going to allow his beloved and carefully bred mount to be cared for by just anybody, but there was no denying she was his favorite caretaker, not to mention a friend. He has made that much clear, which is why Angora wanted to mentally prepare the wyvern for her departure instead of outright telling him that she'll be leaving.
---
#722 Posted: 04:12:58 29/11/2020 | Topic Creator
"Excellent, we'll get started on the prototype designs," Vellune said. "With some work, I hope to have the first prototype in a day or two. In the meantime, for all other needs and considerations, our staff will be here for you." The project was quite unique in what it entailed - but those were the sorts of things Julian enjoyed working on the most. The innovation required could be useful for other things in the future.
'We'll be working together to monitor the egg and ensure a successful hatching," Julian added. "If there's nothing else to consider right now, we'll get back to our work."

Veris gave a satisfied grunt. "The others take care of me. None like you, though!" he proudly responded - being none the wiser on what Angora was attempting to do. As far as he was concerned, right now was just a moment to fly, hunt, and otherwise relax - and spend time with his favorite little troll.

Never left the city? Latnok found that a bit hard to believe for a woman with Huntress' reputation, but he wouldn't push the matter further. If the woman could fight, then she wouldn't be dead weight, at least - but if she was incompatible with dragons, then she wouldn't be a fit for the journey, no matter what kind of skill and experience she had. Still, the deal with maverick... that was pretty suspect.
In the end, however, it wasn't Latnok's ship. It was Risar's - so he would determine the crew. Of course, Maverick still needed to have a say.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#723 Posted: 04:49:12 29/11/2020
While Huntress has been around the city borders doing her bounty hunting, she has never completely left Aelinon territory, and the only time she was ever out of the city was in her childhood, when she lived outside Redwater in that little, doomed village. Her memories of Maverick were deliberately vague, some even genuinely forgotten, but she remembered enough to know why she despised him, although with the five years that has passed, Huntress had mellowed out, especially cause he had a family. The obsession still lingered deep inside though.

Angora realized Veris was not getting the picture, so she tried to be more direct.
"Yes, I know. But... well, I just wanted you to know I'm glad you are so well taken care of, even if I'm not around. But you were taken care of long before I came into your life, so... you know, you'll be fine either way, no matter what happens..." Angora expressed, trying very hard to know what could she say next. Not only was she worried about hurting Veris' feelings, she was genuinely afraid of his potential reaction. She wanted to believe it was her own pathetic paranoia and now Draikon's warning, but whether Veris knew today or any other day what she was planning to do, it wouldn't change her decision. She wanted, and needed the change. Yet another wyvern attack happened as soon as today. That can't go on for much longer. Plus she was also sick and tired of both caretakers and Guardians treating her so indifferently.
---
#724 Posted: 17:40:08 29/11/2020
“Nothing I can think of at the moment sir. I’ll be around if you need help or my input.” Sozen said.
---
SC
#725 Posted: 07:20:31 30/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Veris gave a slightly displeased grunt at what Angora was bringing up. "Do you fear that human? if you think you are unsafe around him, then... I will scare him away! He should not be here intimidating you!" As far as Veris was concerned, there wasn't any impetus for such a topic, besides the unusual new person. He appears, and then Angora talks about not being around anymore... it couldn't be a coincidence!
---
I'm just... a guy...
#726 Posted: 08:05:06 30/11/2020
Angora realized what a huge misunderstanding this was becoming, so she was quick to fix it.
"Oh no no Veris! Nothing like that! He doesn't intimidate me. It has nothing to do with him." Angora assured, at least the part about Draikon not intimidating her.
"It's... well, you know, I'm a troll, and life's not easy for a troll. Circumstances... well, you know what a hard life I can have. And you know you can't protect me all the time. My kind is still too hated by many. My friendship with Shady doesn't help. Your fellow wyverns... well, you know. I just... want to know if you'll be fine even if I'm not around. I don't want you to be too dependent on me is all, especially since your master will always make sure you have the greatest care regardless. But especially, I don't want you to have a bad relationship with your companions or maybe others just for being friends with me. You're a big, strong wyvern. I'm just... curious to know, you know?" Angora expressed, adding the last part to pretend it was mere curiosity and not lead him to suspect her intentions. She wasn't ready to tell him she would be looking for a new job.

As she waited for a reply, she wondered, what if Draikon was telling the truth? What if she did make Veris' life so comfortable that he won't want to turn back? While she didn't believe Veris would hurt her if he knew, she was still worried her departure could devastate him, maybe to the point of hating her and not being the same wyvern.
---
#727 Posted: 22:21:15 30/11/2020
Quote:
"It truly does offend me you men are speaking so venomously about me just because I have some unfavorable reputation or some shady past. And an understandable interest in this Maverick fellow. What ever happened to getting to know people first? My skills are no exaggeration. You can ask pretty much any Aelinon soldier you come across. We both have troublesome past Mr. Risar. I know what that nose ring indicates, and it's quite remarkable in what position you stand in now despite everything. Much like yourself, I'm just trying to make it in the world. Been trying many jobs here in Redwater and have never left the city. I was hoping this new job could expand my knowledge and experience." she said, trying to appeal to him by sharing similar experiences.

"I don't doubt your skills Ms. Huntress and I don't doubt that you know of my past-- we have both exceeded many expectations in life I'm sure. That is not my concern; my concern is between you and what would become your fellow crewmates. If you decide that my good friend Raclaw over there is suddenly worthy of being a dragon, what happens? If we succeed and we do manage to find more of his kind, what happens then? What would you be tempted to do? What about more of Maverick's kind? Or what about more exotic creatures in general? We don't know what exactly we'll find and we don't know you enough to trust that you won't do anything to sabotage our mission or perhaps try to claim someone or something for the purpose of lining your own pockets. This is my ship yes, but I would require some reassurance if I were to allow you to board. I cannot-- I will not risk the extinction or capture of rare/unique individuals by introducing an otherwise unknown factor into the crew. Do you understand?," the formerly enslaved minotaur responded.

"I will allow my friends to continue and should they recommend it, I will allow Maverick to either deny or accept his consent in your coming aboard. And should that happen, then and only then will your skills be welcome/appreciated.," Risar responded showing and expressing his concern towards Raclaw and others onboard. Raclaw was perhaps the most valuable member they had onboard and potentially the last of his species. Maverick was possibly in the same vote as was Icestorm for all they knew; all unique species/individuals that would be placed in delicate positions depending upon this Huntress' disposition towards them. He would not allow an unknown risk to jeopardise that without some reassurance on that front. There was too much at risk..

--
Quote:
Huntress then addressed to Raclaw.
"Go ahead. Read all you want, but it's very uncool to invade a lady's sacred thoughts like this. Sacrilege!" Huntress then stated, knowing Guardians were a bunch of insensible fools who would stood so low, but perhaps his pet had more conscience than he did.
[..]
but if he was so adamant in invading her privacy like that, then he might as well see what she meant, so she made it easier for him to see what she went through. How as a little girl she lost everything to a rampaging dragon. Her parents and older sister died, and she was left in a pile of rubble, severely injured but as the sole survivor of the burnt village.
Quote:
While Huntress has been around the city borders doing her bounty hunting, she has never completely left Aelinon territory, and the only time she was ever out of the city was in her childhood, when she lived outside Redwater in that little, doomed village. Her memories of Maverick were deliberately vague, some even genuinely forgotten, but she remembered enough to know why she despised him, although with the five years that has passed, Huntress had mellowed out, especially cause he had a family. The obsession still lingered deep inside though.

Raclaw continued reading-- and sharing what he could find at the others' request, including her status of sole survivor to a dragon. The fur dragon would express some sympathy on his part; no-one deserved to lose their family and that was why dragons like Shade were locked up for others' safety. One bad apple didn't ruin the whole batch, so to speak. And one bad dragon didn't mean that all dragons were, including but not limited to himself and Icestorm.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:30:38 30/11/2020 by redwes
#728 Posted: 22:48:44 30/11/2020
Huntress remained composed, knowing that if she let her emotions get the better of her, she would jeopardize the little chances she now had of getting onboard. Despite remaining calm, she let her opinions clear enough.
"Perhaps fauns aren't the ones extinct. It's gentlemanly charm. Most women either stay home or have very simple jobs. But me? I've lead the hard road. I came here requesting a job, which is hard enough as it is, yet look how long it's taking. I feel like a criminal being prosecuted. You..." she addressed to Icestorm.
"Have I ever harmed you? Have I raised a weapon against you? Why the hatred? Why the distrust? And you?" she then addressed to Raclaw.
"Have I done the same to you? Have I done anything that indicates I mean harm?" she asked, speaking in a very polite voice, but deep inside, quite irritated for being treated this way.

To prevent Dahlia from returning home all by herself, Maverick headed to the port walking, taking a bit longer than usual. As fate would had it, the satyr girl was walking around with her long, weird pants, asking for directions, but most people were too distracted with their lives to pay attention to her.
"Excuse me. Please? Somebody? I need to find the boss of this land." she pleaded, Maverick taking notice of her.
"Niñita? You mean king Seraos? He's in Tal Rojas, which is quite far from here." he said, noticing her clothes.
"Where are your parents?" he asked, the girl looking much older than Alana, but nevertheless too young to be without parents.
"They're... around. Please sir, I must find the ruler of this land." she pleaded, with Maverick giving her directions, but after he did, was starting to wonder if it was such a good idea.
"Thanks sir." she said, running off before Maverick could say anything else. Was she lost? Was she telling the truth about her parents? Above all, why would she ask where king Seraos is? Unless... she was a tourist? Maverick wondered if he should report this. She could be very well a lost child lying about her parents, and having children of his own, he dreaded to think something could happen to the girl, especially since getting to the king's place was not easy.
---
#729 Posted: 00:03:21 01/12/2020
“It’s not about you personally. It’s your reputation with dragons I don’t like.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#730 Posted: 00:49:30 01/12/2020
"And I am the last of my kind looking for the last of my kind. My friend and I have our reasons to be concerned.," Raclaw said looking up at Latnok and then at the Huntress.
---
#731 Posted: 20:00:18 01/12/2020
Huntress patience was wearing thin, but she knew it was in her best interest to keep calm. But even if she wasn't being rude, nor she raised her voice, she still let everybody in that room know without shadow of a doubt how she felt.
"I weep for the injustice being commited here. All of you, gaining on me like this, without knowing me, just for a mere reputation. Because I dislike... certain dragons? Is that really an issue? Aelinon has been eradicated dragons for years. Do you hate Aelinon then?" she accused, finding it completely unfair that her dislike for dragons was a reason she wasn't being considered.
"What about you?" she addressed to Raclaw.
"Do you know your friend's society, the Guardians, has wiped them out as well? Do you hate him for it then? I've never even killed a dragon, yet apparently, disliking them is a worse offense than killing them." she then stated, irate on how everybody seemed to be against her when they barely knew her. She didn't know if Latnok has killed a dragon personally, but knew very well Guardians were masters at hunting dangerous creatures, especially dragons. She was starting to think this whole trial was because she was a woman, and the bunch were finding lame excuses to not let her on board.
---
#732 Posted: 20:23:45 01/12/2020
“The guardians only kill problem dragons which I would do myself if needed. And Aelinon now tolerates dragons living within the borders. However reputations speak louder than the past. But I’ll be willing to give chances if the others are.” Icestorm looked to Raclaw and the others.
---
SC
#733 Posted: 00:02:12 02/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Latnok was slightly annoyed by Huntress' claims, though he didn't outright show it. "Are you seriously trying to use centuries-old history to make your point here?" he asked her. "Times were different then - we did what was needed to survive. Today, the efforts of the Guardians are more focused on coexistence, and they have been focused on such even as time has passed. We've still had engagements with dragons, but they have generally been a last resort.
Though he could only speak for the Guardians, Aelinon itself was having a more gradual shift towards acceptance - they, at the very least, only sought out dragons that they considered a direct threat to the people in their territory nowadays, rather than just any dragons they found, though the threshold for such a consideration was still relatively low. Dragons such as Raclaw and Icestorm were generally tolerated, even if the legal system was slow to adapt.
"Regardless, if this little interview doesn't dissuade you, it seems you're rather dedicated to doing this job in particular. Perhaps that is a good thing... or perhaps that suggests less than benign intent. We'll have to see what Maverick and Leoquin have to say - wouldn't be surprised if the latter knows something about you, given his own line of work." Admittedly, Latnok still had his own misgivings - but without Raclaw or Risar outright rejecting Huntress, he wouldn't flat-out refuse her. She did bring up some good points, after all, so he would leave it to them and the others to come to a conclusion.

"I.... I will be fine," Veris said reluctantly - he didn't like thinking about it, but it was just a "what if" question, right? Angora was just worried about him - of course she would be. She really cared for him, it was only natural. He had to put her mind at ease. He wouldn't die without her, right?
"If anything happens to you, I will continue. You would want me to continue. So I will continue. And if I find whoever hurt you, I will eat them for you."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#734 Posted: 00:36:39 02/12/2020
While Huntress usually didn't socialize much and sometimes missed social cues, she could nevertheless tell Latnok wasn't liking her very much.
"Fine. Have it your way. But I hope you reflect upon this day and see just how unfair you all were to me..." she stated, giving one particular look at Icestorm. For someone who claimed that he wasn't a dragon, he was awfully concerned about her dragon hating reputation.
"I'll have a drink now... in the other corner. I'll be back here in half an hour." Huntress then said, leaving that part of the tavern and going to a corner as far away from the group as possible. She wasn't going to stay where she was not wanted, even less continue having glares coming her way. She needed to blow off some serious steam, and since she was already in a tavern, seemed like the best idea right now. She had too much buried.

It was only a couple of minutes later that Maverick entered after being pointed to the right direction by the minotaurs around. He was almost panting. He and Huntress didn't notice each other.
"Hola. Buenos dias everyone. Boy was that a serious walk. I think I'm depending on Dahlia for transport a bit too much." he contemplated, the walk tiring him out quite a bit. He then looked at everyone's faces.
"Um... is something the matter? Wait... did... did something happen to señor Leoquin?" he then asked, noticing the merman still wasn't there. Everyone didn't look in the best of moods, except perhaps Chester.

"I.... I will be fine," Veris said reluctantly - he didn't like thinking about it, but it was just a "what if" question, right? Angora was just worried about him - of course she would be. She really cared for him, it was only natural. He had to put her mind at ease. He wouldn't die without her, right?
"If anything happens to you, I will continue. You would want me to continue. So I will continue. And if I find whoever hurt you, I will eat them for you."

Angora gave a weak smile, finding it touching that Veris cared that much about her, to the point of considering murder.
"That's nice Veris. But remember that you can't eat just anybody. Your master wouldn't want that, and the last thing I want is for you to get into trouble because of me, so try to control yourself." Angora stated, knowing that the few friends she had have gotten into some nasty troubles for her sake, some that almost lead to their deaths. She didn't want Veris to continue the trend. After speaking, she went silent, trying to enjoy the peacefulness of the clearing and leaving Veris to reply if he wanted. At least she knew now that he would at least try to move on in her absence... but that was assuming if something happened to her. But something happening and she leaving were two very different things. Despite wanting to tell him about her plans, Angora... couldn't tell him. She was trying, but failing miserably. Why was it so hard? Draikon just made her paranoia worse. Why did he had to come today of all days? In the end, Angora still couldn't tell Veris she would be quitting... but she would have to... eventually.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:12 02/12/2020 by Felines
#735 Posted: 03:07:14 02/12/2020
“No it’s fine. Just us stating our views concerning dragons very clear to the young lass over there who wishes to join.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#736 Posted: 04:38:37 02/12/2020
"Although-- we could use your input.," Raclaw began to speak looking at the unique hybrid. "This young lass whom calls themselves 'The Huntress' seemed particularly interested in you; they claim that it is merely out of curiosity, but it is.. rather curious. We won't accept them, unless you and Leoquin also agree however. From what I could gather, their intentions seem innocent enough (wanting to work) although not entirely clear.," the fur dragon then said with Risar offering a nod upon the furred and winged companion. "I won't risk the crew's safety unless we all agree. As you know, we have a rather important task.," the Minotaur then added once again expressing his concern for both crew and friend alike. It didn't take having a museum to know how important Raclaw, his species, and his goal were. The poor lad had been searching for his 'real family' for forever and had formed a rather unique bond in process ala Latnok. They could surely use the expertise of this 'newcomer' (it couldn't hurt), but only if it was worth the risk of the unknown.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:41:47 02/12/2020 by redwes
#737 Posted: 13:25:57 02/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Maverick's question would soon be answered, with Leoquin bursting through the door less than a minute later and immediately seeing everyone else assembled. "Oh, hey everyone," he greeted as he came in. Everyone looked to be in a more serious mood, but Leoquin figured it was because they were all prepared for the journey ahead.
"So looks like we're all here. What's the plan now - when do we set off?"
"Just a second - there's a woman by the name of Huntress that's interested in joining us," Latnok interjected. "Seems to have a reputation - both for her effectiveness at her job and for her disdain of dragons. Also a preoccupation with Maverick. She's around here somewhere... on a different floor."
"Oh, Huntress. I spoke with Maverick about her," Leoquin noted. "A bit odd that she wants to join us, I think. She's not exactly known for seamanship, though I suppose she's probably decent in a fight. Not sure if she has her sea legs - depends on whether she went out of her way to hone her balance as part of her combat training, like you guys do. Not sure how much a woman cares for going that deep into her combat training... but I suppose anything's possible.
"Honestly? I do see the merit, but I have doubts as well. Being a woman, she'll likely be lacking in physical strength to the degree that other crewmates have it. Of course, being that much of the crew is composed of minotaurs, that might not be something we have to be as concerned about - but against sapient bipeds or similar, you can't just count on outmaneuvering them and hitting their weak point like you can against vermin who act on instinct rather than training. Strength plays a huge factor when potentially fighting pirates and the like, who also have combat training. This wouldn't be as big a concern for me if she was using magic or the like, but she's not known for that. With Latnok on board, it's not exactly like we're wanting for a monster slayer, although I guess someone else with that skillset wouldn't exactly hurt... I guess it comes down to how much she's demanding in pay."
Latnok's own pay would be covered by the Guardians, with the journey being just another part of his own job. Though Leoquin offered his services for free, it would ultimately be up to Risar whether to pay him - many captains chose not to accept working for free for any reason, as someone who was paid generally had higher morale, worked harder, and was less mercurial in their loyalty.

Veris believed that his answer had satisfied Angora, so he didn't immediately have anything else to say, instead relaxing with her. After lying down for a bit, he began to doze off, with his belly exposed in case Angora wanted to lie on it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#738 Posted: 14:47:46 02/12/2020
As Maverick was processing the information, Leoquin came by. He was quite happy to see him.
"Oh. Hola amigo." he said briefly before hearing what the others had to say.
"Huntress... that's the woman we were looking for the other day. She came to my house when Ilasi was alone... and... well, it got her worried. I can barely believe she's here." Maverick exclaimed, remembering what a challenge it was to find her, but now, all of the sudden, she's here.
"I want to give everybody a chance to work. If all she wants is a job, I don't see why not. I don't think she'll try anything with a crew like this." Maverick contemplated, doubting anyone would be foolish enough to attempt causing trouble in a place where a Guardian, a dragon and a whole bunch of minotaurs could face you.

Huntress has moved further away, so Maverick couldn't see her from that spot. He would have to find her somewhere inside the tavern.
"Señor Leoquin. Let's go find her. I will speak to her. If... she was looking for me the other day, I... think she might be an old girlfriend. I... well, had a bunch of them in my... other days..." Maverick said to the group, blushing, clearly embarrased and not liking talking about his pirate life.
"Oh, but no she preocupen about me. I'm a happily married man and wouldn't betray Ilasi for the world. I really don't think she's here to cause trouble with you guys around, and I believe everyone deserves an equal chance at getting a job if that's what they really wants." Maverick finally said, showing once again the kind hearted optimism he was so well known for. If Huntress' apparent obsession with him was because she was someone his father hurt, then this was the perfect moment to make it up to her. Even though his father never killed any of his former girlfriends... as far as he knew, he did humiliated them quite badly to discourage them about seeing his son again.

Angora was about to take Veris back to the base when she saw him doze off. She didn't have the heart to tell him to get up, so she let him rest, taking advantage of his exposed belly to lie down as well, even if she wasn't sleepy. She made sure she was using just her mind and no telepathy when she contacted Neo again.
"I've got to be the lamest troll in existence. Why can't I just tell him the truth? Why can't I just say I'll be quitting my job?" Angora asked, hating herself for failing so miserably in doing what she came here to do. Was she afraid of breaking Veris' heart? Of him hating her? Or afraid of a potentially violent reaction? Not even Angora knew the real answer.
---
#739 Posted: 16:26:32 02/12/2020
“Just tell him. He already seems willing to go with it if and when you decide to tell him.”
---
SC
#740 Posted: 19:02:14 02/12/2020
"Hmm...," Risar thought out loud. "Well-- so long as no-one has is outright against her and Raclaw has no outstanding concerns with her, then it probably couldn't hurt to give her a chance. I doubt unreasonable pay will be an issue; she seems quite determined to get onboard. Maverick-- find her and speak to her if you wish, otherwise we will accept her upon her return. And then unless anyone else wants to join us, the crew will be ready when we are.," the minotaur captain then said seemingly relieved of any major doubts about the new crewmate.

Aside from Latnok (whom received his own pay) and Raclaw (whom was covered under Latnok)-- he didn't plan on underpaying anyone. He had the means and if all worked out well, they would sell what goods they could at any viable port they ended up at. And besides, this trip was for Raclaw and the fate of his species. "I don't mind a new person-- so long as they don't intend to cause us trouble.," Chester barked with the nearby Raclaw offering a smile. "So it's settled. No lingering concerns here.," he added with a nod.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:59 02/12/2020 by redwes
#741 Posted: 19:53:41 02/12/2020
Maverick was pleased with the response, but Latnok and Icestorm didn't seem convinced. But the little kaiju was quite moody, and Latnok... he was very hard to please, so it was no surprise those two still seem in doubt.
"I'll find her now. I'll try not to take too long. The sooner we leave, then better." Maverick stated, knowing that the more he lingered, the more tempted he would be to stay. He didn't want to leave his family. But this was for Leoquin, and Raclaw too, so it was necessary.

As the duo went to find Huntress, she was watching a minstrel at work. A fight would be taking place later, but she wasn't interested in it. She was drinking... quite a lot. However, she did filled her drinks with water so that the alcohol wouldn't be so concentrated. She needed to be active and sound of mind for when Maverick and whoever was with him came. She was so angry, she was tempted to tell the king about the unfair treatment she just received, but there was no time to head to Tal Rojas right now. She would just have to swallow her pride for the time being and wait for the idiotic faun man to approve her presence.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Just tell him. He already seems willing to go with it if and when you decide to tell him.”

"But... something happening to me and jut leaving aren't the same thing. He... will probably will be mad at me if he knows." Angora reminded, though knowing the news were something she couldn't keep secret for long. A little more than two months remained before her current contract expired. Veris had to know.
"... Tomorrow. I will tell him tomorrow." Angora then said after watching the dozing wyvern, once again postponing the news. He looked very relaxed, and would be crazy to interrupt him, especially when he seemed in a better mood now.

While the satyr girl asked for directions, a couple of guards were already keeping an eye on her. She was a girl running around without parents, and was asking for the king at every turn. Was she lost? Or maybe an orphan? They didn't want to believe she meant any harm to their monarch, but it wasn't unheard of for children to be working for terrorists and assasins trying to reach Seraos. Some were against their will, but it didn't change the fact that they aided criminals. They weren't going to apprehend her... for now, but they still kept a close watch on her. A little girl, alone, asking for the king. And those clothes? Quite suspicious...
---
#742 Posted: 04:03:54 04/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Though Latnok wasn't completely convinced, they hadn't had enough of a reason to outright reject Huntress yet - Raclaw and Icestorm both declined to do so, even if they did have their doubts, and the others didn't have any deal breakers either. Though Latnok found Maverick's own lack of hesitance odd, it wasn't surprising, given his magnanimous nature.
Oh, well. He hoped that the woman wouldn't give the group any reason to regret her involvement. Their crew wasn't exactly one she would want to mess with, after all. Chester didn't have any immediate complaints, so, at the very least, she didn't set off a dog's natural "bad person" vibes, though Latnok would be on the lookout for any chocolate or grapes.
"So she's coming with us, then - I wonder why she wanted this job in particular," Leoquin said. "He knew about the issues between her and Maverick - and so was still somewhat suspicious. However, Maverick was willing to look past them, and besides that, he didn't have any concerns that would be cause for outright rejection.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#743 Posted: 16:18:48 04/12/2020
Maverick found Huntress, drinking quite a bit.
"Um, excuse me... señorita? I don't think... you, should be drinking much." he suggested, not knowing she was filling them up with water.
"Instead of addressing to such trivial matter, why don't we get to the real point? I suppose you two are the crewmates that Guardian was talking about earlier? Heh, talk about choosing friends poorly. There I was requesting a simple job, and that bunch goes accusing me of such unfavorable reputation when they have done much worse. True gentlemen are so endangered! Tell me, are you here to judge me too?" Huntress asked, not even acting surprised or interested in seeing Maverick again, this time up close.
"No no no señorita. Nothing of the sort. On the contrary, you're right. If all you want is a job, you should be given a change." Maverick agreed, being too obvious how frustrated she was. He looked at her very carefully... but nothing about her face ringed a bell. Was she really an old girlfriend? He couldn't believe he would forget such a face. Huntress was not impressed by his kindness, knowing through years of spying he could be insufferably gentle, but she still believed it was just a facade in order to be accepted and blend in with society. Maverick wondered what Leoquin thought about her...

The satyr girl soon caught a break, for she found a carriage leading to Tal Rojas that was for tourists only, and since she didn't look from there, she could pass as one. What's more, the guards following her were soon stopped by a brash superior, who saw their behavior as lagging on the job. Although the pair explained, the man ordered them to get back to work, Tal Rojas being too trained for potential terrorists as they claimed the girl to be. She looked harmless, and even clueless, and the man assumed her parents were around the bunch of tourists getting into the carriage. If she was up to no good, she wouldn't get far anyway. They had a very important job right there already... and that was to find the shapeshifter that severely injured one of their own, and even killed someone, even if it was just a lowlife criminal. There was no time to follow some girl.
---
#744 Posted: 02:41:23 07/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Back at the headquarters of the Ardent Guardians, Vellune and his workers were hard at work alloying the metal for use - iron with carbon, nickel, and a bit of phoenix dust. The unique alloy hadn't been something implemented before - it was purely experimental at that phase. The hypothesis was that the metal would have a lower expansion coefficient than base iron while being solid and having enough magic sensitivity to allow for enchantments to work effectively. The higher specific heat as a result of the induction of phoenix dust would make the temperature changes more stable, meaning that the metal would heat up more slowly and wouldn't get cold quickly when the heat was lowered.
Once the metal was successfully alloyed, it would be a matter of shaping it and imbuing it with the necessary enchantments - depending on the results, the project would either need to be started again from scratch, or could manage with adjustments.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#745 Posted: 03:26:38 07/12/2020
Soon Sozen came in. “How is the nest coming along?” He said as he inspected the finished metal supports.
---
SC
#746 Posted: 03:42:20 07/12/2020
At the carriage, the satyr girl would have to wait a while before reaching Tal Rojas. While most carriages took many hours, sometimes even a couple of days to reach the city by normal horses, the carriage was pulled by pegasuses, since not everybody was comfortable with wyverns, and behemoths were mostly used to carry soldiers, weapons and food. The majestic winged horses were thought to be extinct some decades ago, but ever since their rediscovery, their reintroduction and reproduction has been a success, and while it's mostly illegal to own one, this special breed was designed to pull carriages designed only for tourists, since traveling to Tal Rojas boosted the economy greatly, especially if traveling businessmen were involved. While the creatures were much faster than normal horses, they still couldn't fly with a carriage, but they used their wings to impulse themselves, thus making the journey much shorter. Still, they would reach Tal Rojas at night, and a certain tourist had to keep a special feature well hidden, which wasn't an easy feat given this wasn't the smoothest of rides despite the carriage being designed to stand the speed and wheels constructed to avoid the ride from being too bumpy.

Once a couple of hours have passed and only managing to doze off, Angora looked at the sky, soon turning grey. She wasn't in the mood to get wet, and as comfortable as Veris was, she had to wake him up.
"Rise and shine big guy! Sorry to interrupt your most pleasant of naps, but we have to leave. Back to the base with us mister, unless you want to get wet." Angora urged, Veris looking as if he was swallowing something. He was probably dreaming about food, but then again, when didn't he dream about food the big dope?
---
#747 Posted: 08:37:21 08/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Veris slowly woke up with a yawn, as he gradually took in his environment. He had been out quite a bit longer than he was intending, in his dreams about hunting and eating.
"Rain - you are right, we need to leave!" he said in agreement. Though he could tolerate the rain, Veris much preferred staying dry when possible. It was time to bring himself and Angora back to the comfort of the base...

As the Guardians worked to lay out the base of the incubator, Vellune continued to monitor the process. "The main alloy for the device is being produced - with any luck, we will have a container of molten metal ready to mold around the supports," Vellune said. The wonders of magic allowed the Guardians to bring the metal out of the Phoenix Forge - where the heat, though necessary for some alloys, was oppressing - and out somewhere else, to be shaped and formed directly where it was needed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#748 Posted: 17:03:09 08/12/2020
Sozen unfortunately felt the intense heat and had to step away. “The heat. I’m not used to that much heat. Being up north hasn’t helped much ether.
---
SC
#749 Posted: 17:24:20 08/12/2020
Angora lead Veris to the base by riding him, taking him to his enclosure and avoiding the glance of the wyvern that attacked her earlier. The creature in exchange, did the same, not wanting Veris to find out what he did. There was a reason why he was the Guardian leader's personal mount. Once in the enclosure, Angora got some food for Veris, a smaller than usual ratio given that he already ate earlier with the animal he hunted.
"Sorry big guy. Gotta watch that weight." she apologized, knowing that he didn't like the smaller ratio, but knowing he would be comprehensible about the matter. As he ate, Angora changed his water.
"I'll see you later Veris. If not, tomorrow." she bid farewell, leaving him to engulf the rest of his food in peace. The good thing about him was that he never left scraps that needed cleaning afterwards. Right now, Angora wanted some time for herself. She went to the cafeteria to get rid of her own hunger, but she would eat it at the comfort of her room. True that it was small, but it was cozy, and it was her own space. She would have to talk about her plans to Sere later today, if not tomorrow as well, so that he would be able to find a replacement that did a job almost as good as she did, even if the person didn't bond with Veris the way she has. And of course, there was a matter of telling the giant wyvern himself that she should be quitting. She couldn't keep postponing the information, or it would be worse. Tomorrow... tomorrow, she would tell him for sure. She had to. There was no turning back. She had to gather the courage to tell him at last.

Huntress didn't care what Leoquin, or anyone else for that matter, thought about her, even though she was still furious how she was judged by a bunch of hypocrites, over a simple and completely understandable reputation. If it was up to her, she would give them all a severe punishment on behalf of Aelinon, maybe even feed one of them to a behemoth just to teach them a lesson. She was closer to the job now thanks to Maverick, so perhaps all that annoying kindness wasn't completely fake. Still, there was no denying what sinister blood ran through those veins, so the faun man wasn't going to be off the hook that easily.
"Bueno... so... we had a talk, and I think she should be given a chance. I mean, gender and reputation shouldn't be a problem, right? Um, yeah... señor Risar, we are ready to depart whenever you're ready. I got everything we might need." Maverick said meekly once they returned to the group, showing his hyperspace bag. It pained him to leave his family behind, but this was for the sake of a friend, and if Huntress was who he thought he was, this was the perfect opportunity to improve the life of someone his father likely ruined.
---
#750 Posted: 21:46:15 08/12/2020 | Topic Creator
As Veris was left to himself, he thought about the day in general; he was especially touched by Angora being so concerned about his well-being in the event of something unfortunate happening to her. Things like that were why she was his favorite caretaker; above all, she was always looking out for his best interests. He didn't know what had Angora worried right then, but he would have to make sure that nothing happened to her if he could help it.

That was understandable to Vellune, at least, considering Sozen's background. "It's still a work in progress," he assured Sozen. "The metal cools down, and from there, the magic enchantments should adjust the metal to a fitting temperature once the device is complete." the work now would look quite a bit different from the finished product - seeing things form was something that gave Vellune much pleasure.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 15 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26 27 28

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me