Page 1 of 1
Coming To Life Fall 2011
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#1 Posted: 16:10:38 28/09/2019 | Topic Creator

I’m sad. Go down memory lane with me.

---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:16:32 28/09/2019 by BlueFox
#2 Posted: 05:57:32 29/09/2019 | Topic Creator
MMMM I need that good stuff

Nothing like booting up the game and being welcomed with Crystal Eye Castle. I think? The vid above just says Title Screen, but you hear it pretty much everywhere throughout the series. They recycled quite a bit. Not a bad thing at all; the sound of these games feels so unique.

*ty-yo-ki-yay intensifies*

What do you mean that’s not what they’re saying? It’s totally ty-yo-ki-yay, just like how Swap Force sounds like aggressive tambourines and SuperChargers is a mean tiny trumpet solo. That brass goes hard!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:01:54 29/09/2019 by BlueFox
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 16:02:40 29/09/2019
I actually really liked that trailer's introduction, but man it's just bad memories because of the UTTER ****SHOW this forum was at the time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4 Posted: 16:07:50 29/09/2019
Hahahah, how nostalgia. Oh to go back and restart in 2011.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#5 Posted: 23:21:47 29/09/2019 | Topic Creator
"That's kinda weird though since you're a fish..."

I miss my purple pug son. I saw this trailer in a movie theater once. Very surreal moment.
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#6 Posted: 02:38:03 30/09/2019
lol did you ever see the ten trailers in movie theatres? I remember seeing one and being SO happy
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#7 Posted: 19:00:02 30/09/2019
Quote: Drawdler

Never forget Sun Dragon

Never [User Posted Image] forget [User Posted Image] Sun [User Posted Image] Dragon [User Posted Image]
---
#8 Posted: 17:04:46 01/10/2019 | Topic Creator
That is a moving tune. I don't remember it, because I can't think that far back to Spyro's Adventure. But you're really making me want to play it again. Don't lul at my misfortune! smilie

Jk of course. I can just watch gameplay videos. It's ya boi I-Wei:

Alongside the Mutticus, the Leviathan is one of my favorite monster designs in these games. Purple Leviathan especially. And those things flying around in the background of Giants. Those aren't really monsters though. Did they ever get a name? I like how seamlessly they move, like they're swimming through the air. They looked like less threatening Leviathans with long tails.

Quote: ThunderEgg
lol did you ever see the ten trailers in movie theatres? I remember seeing one and being SO happy

I don't think I ever saw a Legend of Spyro trailer. I have faint memories of the last game, so maybe it was like a commercial or something.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:33:09 01/10/2019 by BlueFox
#9 Posted: 18:42:15 01/10/2019
Quote: BlueFox

I don't think I ever saw a Legend of Spyro trailer. I have faint memories of the last game, so maybe it was like a commercial or something.

agh i think im showing my age then
---
#10 Posted: 22:01:12 05/10/2019 | Topic Creator

I'm gonna sing the doom song now.

I've actually warmed up to Kaos a little bit. He's fun, but I still think we should've been given another big bad. Facing Kaos again and again got tiresome. Zero stakes. The series didn't really grow with the audience...

Except for a few moments in Superchargers, it might've regressed with the audience.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:09:17 05/10/2019 by BlueFox
#11 Posted: 23:51:08 05/10/2019
Superchargers *and* TT. Having Kaos suddenly follow the camera and threaten YOU was some real ****in chills, must've scared some kids at the time.

Then in Imaginators, we humiliate him well past the point where it's funny and just put the guy that did FAR more horrible things in a pedestal, and it just ends. It's best to pretend that game's story never happened, like Ring of Heroes did.
---
#12 Posted: 23:57:51 05/10/2019 | Topic Creator
I'm a bit fuzzy on all the events, so I didn't remember that. Sounds fun. I liked when the characters would directly menace you and mess with the portal. The tonal shifts of Skylanders is really something. One minute we're defending the world from the return of brutal, mechanical slavers, the next we're fighting a guacamole monster. But the Arkeyan Conquertron is also voiced by George Takei. It's charming. I just wonder if it's really needed.

If I don't take your villains seriously, there's a problem. Not even The Darkness, who's supposed to be this terrifying, corruptive and unearthly force, falls flat. I don't think they took their villains seriously either. I like goofiness as much as the next person—I just think they needed to restrain some of it.

Ah well. I digress. SSA's anniversary is coming up soon!
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:09:39 06/10/2019 by BlueFox
#13 Posted: 11:52:11 06/10/2019
Dunno, the TT twist felt at odds with Swap Force's meh approach to the interaction more than being theme conflicting on its own - Kaos has always known the player was there somewhere, but he never addressed the camera. It's like he can see the inner workings of the game rather than an unseen force, so he knows you're watching the cutscene, not just your Skylanders.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me