Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
E3 2019 Topic
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1 Posted: 18:59:08 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Hello everyone! E3 is just days away and I was genuinely surprised not to see a topic yet.

Electronic Arts:
Conference Time: Saturday, June 8 - 12:15 ET, 9:15 PT, 17:15 BST.

Microsoft
Conference Time: Sunday, June 9 - 16:00 ET, 13:00 PT, 21:00 BST.

Bethesda
Conference Time: Sunday, June 9 - 20:30 ET, 17:30 PT. Monday, June 10 - 01:30 BST

Devolver Digital
Conference Time: Sunday, June 9 - 22:00 ET, 19:00 PT. Monday, June 10 - 03:00 BST

Upload VR
Conference Time: Monday, June 10 - 12:00 ET, 09:00 PT, 17:00 BST

PC Gaming Show
Conference Time: Monday, June 10 - 13:00 ET, 10:00 PT, 18:00 BST.

LIMITED RUN GAMES
Conference Time: Monday, June 10 - 15:00 ET, 12:00 PT, 20:00 BST.

Ubisoft
Conference Time: Monday, June 10 - 16:00 ET, 13:00 PT, 21:00 BST.

Square Enix
Conference Time: Monday, June 10 - 21:00 ET, 18:00 PT.

Nintendo
Conference Time: Tuesday, June 11 - 12:00 ET, 09:00 PT, 17:00 BST.

[User Posted Image]
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 19:13:21 04/06/2019
Damn, after several years I thought it'd *start* on the 12th.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 19:15:30 04/06/2019 | Topic Creator
sony is mia, but there will be third party games shown off at e3, like FFV
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#4 Posted: 19:16:43 04/06/2019
I wonder what in the guh-huk will happen at either Microsoft or Nintendo's E3.
---
NoUb
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#5 Posted: 21:38:40 04/06/2019
I can't wait for the new Kid Icarus game to be announced.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 00:45:14 05/06/2019
I can't wait for the inevitable rage-fest when Animal Crossing Switch isn't shown off at every single conference during the event. :^)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#7 Posted: 04:04:55 05/06/2019
I hope they drop the theatrics and try to not be cringy :)
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#8 Posted: 05:44:15 05/06/2019
I'm lumping in the Pokemon Direct because **** you that's so close its basically E3

hopes:
-LOTS of cute ghost pokemon is SwSh
-new banjo game on xbox and switch
-avengers project has a 2019 release date and its excellent and the guardians of the galaxy are DLC or something
-metal gear HD on switch
-FE genealogy of the holy war echoes treatment
-persona 5 scramble at nintendos direct (with a 2019 release date and persona 3 and 4 content)
-banjo and master chief in smash, one available right after the presentation
-joker amiibo 2019, snake amiibo soon but not soon enough that i can actually save money to get it
-more completely unrealistic crap

expectations:
-we see the bird and dog of the gen, thats all we get
-new banjo game on xbox
-avengers project with 2019 release date and its a decent game but riddled with microtransactions
-snake amiibo preorders on the 12th, i cry in the tune of empty bank account
-none of the rest of my hopes
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#9 Posted: 07:29:53 05/06/2019
My hopes:
- Footage of new Animal Crossing game.
- New DLC fighter(s) revealed for Smash.
- Spyro Reignited Switch port announcement.
- Trailer for KH3 ReMind DLC.
- Announcement of an actual Verum Rex game.
- More gameplay of Pokemon SwSh.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#10 Posted: 20:08:59 05/06/2019
Same as every year, my main hope is to see a new Banjo-Kazooie game. But same as every year, MS will probably just disappoint me yet again.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 23:24:22 05/06/2019
Not exactly part of E3 but worth nothing that Google will hold a Stadia conference tomorrow at 12 p.m. EDT/9 a.m. PDT.
---
Bruh
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#12 Posted: 17:48:48 06/06/2019
The only thing I want from E3 is as much Doom Eternal info as possible.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#13 Posted: 03:16:46 09/06/2019
well since we're getting a smash character at the direct...

characters id be hype for:
-banjo
-master chief
-chrono
-dante
-travis touchdown
-doomguy
-an undertale rep that isnt sans (im fully aware im in the minority here)
-another character completely out of nowhere that no one expected

characters id be disappointed to see, but id be happy for others based on the inclusion of them:
-erdrick (or any dragon quest rep really)
-another fire emblem rep
-sans specifically
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#14 Posted: 04:19:23 09/06/2019
I'd still really like for Neku Sakuraba to end up in Smash even though I know that's probably never going to happen. Banjo would be pretty sweet too.

I'd be ok with another FE rep, but I'd kind of prefer one that doesn't use a sword to mix it up a bit. Do Ephraim and give him a Lance or something, or have Hector with his big-ass Axe.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#15 Posted: 22:34:12 09/06/2019
One thing that was swimming through my head during the Microsoft conference is how expensive everything was; The next Xbox running both 120fps and 8K; Celebrity cameos of Forest Whitaker and Keanu Reeves; The annual display of a fancy car whenever Forza is mentioned except this one is made of Legos. Expensive, expensive, expensive! Still, Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to the West after nearly a decade is a miracle and Battletoads looks really good. Even the bike section is made better with a different perspective.

I'm not gonna stay up for the Bethesda showing tonight or the Square-Enix one tomorrow night but I'll be back with my thoughts on Ubisoft.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#16 Posted: 01:53:29 10/06/2019
Anyone else underwhelmed by Bethesda? Microsoft was pretty cool but Bethesda's was practically a DLC showcase. So far the most exciting thing for me was the Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:39:47 10/06/2019 by Vespi
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#17 Posted: 02:58:08 10/06/2019
Fallout Battle Royale

#18 Posted: 04:34:55 10/06/2019
I just don't understand why Banjo-Kazooie is so worthless to Microsoft that they refuse to try making even a single 3D platformer with the IP, even after the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter, Mario Odyssey, the N-Sane Trilogy, and the Reignited Trilogy were all so successful. Even if Rare doesn't want to make one, there's got to be tons of developers who would love to work with the IP. Yet in the nearly 20 years that MS has owned Banjo-Kazooie, they've only used it to make a vehicle-building game and for a cameo in a Sonic racing game. I just really really really don't understand.

*Sigh* Alright, rant mode over until next year.
---
Boop me if you see this.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#19 Posted: 07:23:36 10/06/2019
Does anyone know if the FF7 remake is still gonna be released as episodes or if it's now gonna be a full game? I haven't watched any of the livestreams so far and I've only seen the trailer.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#20 Posted: 11:49:34 10/06/2019
elden ring better be good for delaying TWOW
#21 Posted: 17:34:35 10/06/2019
Bethesda's conference was...eh.

Doom Eternal was by far the best part and I am beyond excited for that, but there was a lot of boring mobile games and Fallout Battle Royale is questionable. I am glad to see NPCs in 76, tho.
---
#22 Posted: 21:05:45 10/06/2019
Quote: alicecarp
Does anyone know if the FF7 remake is still gonna be released as episodes or if it's now gonna be a full game? I haven't watched any of the livestreams so far and I've only seen the trailer.

At the last PlayStation State of Play they said it was still episodic.
#23 Posted: 21:30:11 10/06/2019
Ubisoft was 75% Tom Clancy and wow was it boring
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#24 Posted: 22:11:45 10/06/2019
ubisoft was awful, I literally cringed when they mentioned brexit
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#25 Posted: 00:31:17 11/06/2019
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Sakurai also used a fake smash ball as a hint

they explode into an X shape

Banjo and Kazooie?
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#26 Posted: 00:32:55 11/06/2019
I want the killer granny from Watch Dogs in Smash.
---
Bruh
#27 Posted: 02:23:10 11/06/2019
MARVEL OWNS ME
#28 Posted: 02:35:49 11/06/2019
Yo new BL2 content is so good but it's so weird seeing TFTB characters i'm still not used to it
also the BL3 trailer ;A; It's so good I'm so excited for this game to come out ahah...once I finish paying off the $144 I have left on my Collectors Edition ahah.....
---
Gay 4 GARcher
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#29 Posted: 12:37:12 11/06/2019
I got seeing both the Ubisoft and Square-Enix streams and I have some thoughts on both of them.

First off is Ubisoft, whose event started off surprisingly strong with the Assassin's Creed orchestra and then Watch Dogs 3 having so many unique NPCs to play as like that sweet old lady who shoots a guard in cold blood. After that, everything fell back apart with all those Tom Clancy games like Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Quarantine, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon On Netflix, Tom Clancy's All-Stars Battle Royale, Tom Clancy's Corpse Being Exploited By Ubisoft, basically everything became the one game. Then there's that Apple TV original from the It's Always Sunny guys. Not sure why they make it an exclusive to an Apple product when most people have Netflix. Then we see people dancing on stage again for Just Dance like they've been doing for the last decade. Everything else was okay.

Square-Enix's stage show this year is such a vast improvement compared to 2015 and 2018 because they had all the best showings with a good balance between show and tell. I'd love to see the faces of those who only wanted to see The Avengers and had to put up with so many Japanese games. But no FFXIII remaster, so 0/10. Okay but in all seriousness, it was a great presentation and I hope they'll remain this consistent from here on out. The only thing annoying was learning that the original voices actors for previous FF material like Steve Burton, Rachael Leigh Cook, Baeu Billingslea and George Newbern being replaced by a whole new cast. This is exactly like when Hideo Kojima replaced David Hayter with Kieffer Sutherland as Snake.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#30 Posted: 17:04:21 11/06/2019
-starting off the hype with Crash Nitro Fueled Grand Prix news
- Luigi's Mansion Hotel looks stellar
-Spyro Reignited confirmed for September 3rd release
-Super Lucky's Tale switch release too
-BANJO IN SMASH BAYYYBEEE!!!!!
-Breath of the Wild sequel

Today was more than fantastic!

Honarable mentions

-Witcher 3 ass edition
-Animal Crossing looks neat
---
NoUb
#31 Posted: 17:24:53 11/06/2019
why do they hate Bayonneta 3 :(
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#32 Posted: 17:46:49 11/06/2019
Damn, Nintendo's E3 was great! A sequel to BotW, No More Heroes 3, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Astral Chain all look awesome, Spyro on Switch, and most importantly of all BANJO IN SMASH!!!

Only bad thing was the news that not all pokemon can be transferred to Sword and Shield...I really hope that's a temporary thing. At the very least I hope they let us transfer all our pokemon forward in the inevitable Sword 2 and Shield 2 and/or Sinnoh remakes.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#33 Posted: 18:29:23 11/06/2019
One of the directors of Breath of the Wild said a while back that the next Zelda game would be even more expansive. I don't know when the sequel they just announced will come out, but I do intend to play it extensively when it does. BoTW changed things up a lot and if new Zelda games can continue to build on previous ones, I will be buying them for a long time to come. I hope they also eventually make a prequel that takes place 10,000 years before BoTW. It would be really cool to see what Hyrule was like when the Guardians and shrines were being built.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
#34 Posted: 04:57:27 12/06/2019
Damn, Nintendo really out here killing it.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#35 Posted: 08:47:32 12/06/2019
That Banjo reveal trailer was perfect, so many neat references to moments in the Banjo games, like sneaking and stealing that food from the Bulbasaur referencing that Jiggy in Banjo Tooie with the sleeping snake.
Also an amazing remix of Spiral Mountain, I'm too exited to hear the other songs!
Oh an there was the hero too, but they don't matter.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#36 Posted: 11:24:25 12/06/2019
when they were revealing smash fighters and i saw yet another anime swordfighter i cringed

banjo saved it tho
---
#37 Posted: 14:34:00 12/06/2019
Quote: Chompy-King257
when they were revealing smash fighters and i saw yet another anime swordfighter i cringed

banjo saved it tho

I do find it really ironic that people keep complaining about "anime swordfighter #950284095" or whatever in Smash, when it's a Japanese company run by Japanese people, collaborating mostly with OTHER Japanese companies because the popular characters in that country are Japanese sword characters. All the characters look so anime and use swords and knives and stuff like that is because that's what popular there. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Fire Emblem are all extraordinarily popular in Japan specifically, especially DQ and FF, which had an insane impact on so many future games to come out of the region. iirc, a lot of Japanese fans were initially complaining that Ultimate was pandering to American fans because they did not give a single flying **** about Ridley and K. Rool. I'm not advocating for less characters like Banjo by any means, but there's a reason there are only 2 Western created characters in Smash (Dark Samus and Banjo), and it's entirely due to business and what's popular in Japan.

I also find it pretty funny that all the Japanese people I know reacted like "DRAGON QUEST YEEEEEAH who the **** is Banjo" while all my more Western friends (and myself tbh) reacted like "What the **** is Dragon Quest BANJO YEEEEEAH".
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 14:51:43 12/06/2019 by Vespi
#38 Posted: 14:45:54 12/06/2019
It's a best of both worlds situation.

Dragon Quest is a huge part of popular culture in Japan... so they got a rep they're ecstatic about. And Banjo gives the western audience a rep they're ecstatic about.

Honestly, it's pretty well played in my opinion.

Also, since Akira Toriyama is the art director on Dragon Quest, this is only one ladder rung below getting Goku in Smash. :V
---
#39 Posted: 14:50:43 12/06/2019
From what I have heard, Banjo was just as wanted in Japan as he was in the West, and was actually trending higher than Hero on the Japanese Twitter.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#40 Posted: 14:57:24 12/06/2019
Quote: HIR
It's a best of both worlds situation.

Dragon Quest is a huge part of popular culture in Japan... so they got a rep they're ecstatic about. And Banjo gives the western audience a rep they're ecstatic about.

Honestly, it's pretty well played in my opinion.

Also, since Akira Toriyama is the art director on Dragon Quest, this is only one ladder rung below getting Goku in Smash. :V

I definitely agree. It was really win-win for both regions.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
From what I have heard, Banjo was just as wanted in Japan as he was in the West, and was actually trending higher than Hero on the Japanese Twitter.

That's the exact opposite of what I've personally seen, but I'll believe you. Regardless, my point is there's no use in complaining that there's more "anime swordfighters" in Smash since it's a Japanese game full of representatives that are important to them. I didn't really want the Hero in Smash, but I am happy for the people who wanted Dragon Quest representation, and I'm glad to see something so influential to gaming in Japan get recognized on a more global scale, just like I'm glad Banjo will get the same treatment as the first Western franchise in Smash.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#41 Posted: 15:11:05 12/06/2019
I didn't mind DQ representation(and WHAT representation!) But I still wish they used other weapons, that IS a thing especially for The Luminary.

However, "there are more sword-and-shield users than there are Links" is a hilarious reality and I'm okay with it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#42 Posted: 15:17:56 12/06/2019
Quote: Bifrost
I didn't mind DQ representation(and WHAT representation!) But I still wish they used other weapons, that IS a thing especially for The Luminary.

However, "there are more sword-and-shield users than there are Links" is a hilarious reality and I'm okay with it.

True, but I think Squenix probably couldn't decide which character they wanted, so they put 4 in instead lmao
The only thing I'd want out of any more Zelda/FE/FF/DQ reps is characters that don't use swords. Skull Kid, Midna, Impa, Hector, Ephraim, Eldegard, Tifa, Barrett.... Dragon Quest characters I don't know... There's a lot of options if they bring in any more.
#43 Posted: 02:37:51 13/06/2019
I most want Jibanyan to be in Smash. There is high demand for him in Japan. It would also raise awareness about Yokai Watch here in America. He's a cat and there aren't any playable cat characters. It would be funny if one of his taunts would be looking at one of his Next Harmeowny picture books. Another taunt could be napping, which could hopefully be held for as long as you want. His last taunt could be eating a chocolate bar, which could heal him slightly. His main attack could be punching and his special attack could be fire. Jibanyan even already has something that could be used as a final smash: Paws of Fury. With Yokai Watch 4 coming out soon in Japan, it is a great time to add some Yokai Watch representation into smash.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
#44 Posted: 02:55:59 13/06/2019
Quote: Emperor_Mustard
I most want Jibanyan to be in Smash. There is high demand for him in Japan. It would also raise awareness about Yokai Watch here in America. He's a cat and there aren't any playable cat characters. It would be funny if one of his taunts would be looking at one of his Next Harmeowny picture books. Another taunt could be napping, which could hopefully be held for as long as you want. His last taunt could be eating a chocolate bar, which could heal him slightly. His main attack could be punching and his special attack could be fire. Jibanyan even already has something that could be used as a final smash: Paws of Fury. With Yokai Watch 4 coming out soon in Japan, it is a great time to add some Yokai Watch representation into smash.

[User Posted Image]

------
---
#45 Posted: 10:43:00 13/06/2019
Quote: Vespi

banjo saved it tho

I do find it really ironic that people keep complaining about "anime swordfighter #950284095" or whatever in Smash, when it's a Japanese company run by Japanese people, collaborating mostly with OTHER Japanese companies because the popular characters in that country are Japanese sword characters. All the characters look so anime and use swords and knives and stuff like that is because that's what popular there. Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Fire Emblem are all extraordinarily popular in Japan specifically, especially DQ and FF, which had an insane impact on so many future games to come out of the region. iirc, a lot of Japanese fans were initially complaining that Ultimate was pandering to American fans because they did not give a single flying **** about Ridley and K. Rool. I'm not advocating for less characters like Banjo by any means, but there's a reason there are only 2 Western created characters in Smash (Dark Samus and Banjo), and it's entirely due to business and what's popular in Japan.

I also find it pretty funny that all the Japanese people I know reacted like "DRAGON QUEST YEEEEEAH who the **** is Banjo" while all my more Western friends (and myself tbh) reacted like "What the **** is Dragon Quest BANJO YEEEEEAH".

It’s not the use of Japanese characters I care about, it’s just they keep adding sword fighters that all look similar and have extremely similar move sets.

Like I could not tell you the difference between Lucia or Marth.
---
#46 Posted: 14:20:54 13/06/2019

banjo saved it tho

It’s not the use of Japanese characters I care about, it’s just they keep adding sword fighters that all look similar and have extremely similar move sets.

Like I could not tell you the difference between Lucia or Marth.

But that's kind of the point of them being echo fighters. There isn't that much of a difference between Lucina and Marth, Chrom and Roy, Ken and Ryu, or Pit and Dark Pit, and the line is blurred even further with Peach and Daisy, Simon and Richter, and Samus and Dark Samus. These characters are all popular in some way or another, and probably wouldn't have made it in if echo fighters didn't exist. Echo fighters take very little development time compared to adding a completely new character (as evidenced specifically by Chrom and Dark Samus), so they don't take any actual slots that would have gone to an actual fighter, but still get to represent a character that a lot of people really enjoy. But once again, this comes down to who's popular in the country the game is made in, and the company that makes it. There's so many Fire Emblem and Zelda characters specifically because Nintendo makes both franchises and they're extremely popular in Japan specifically.

If you count Ganondorf and Robin, who really only use swords for their smash attacks or aerials, there's 16 sword fighters, with a fair amount of them having pretty unique movesets (Ike as a heavy sword user, Meta Knight as an extremely fast one, Corrin relying on dragon transformations a bit more than the sword, etc). The ones that feel most generic, at least to me, are Marth, Lucina, Cloud, and all the Links. Marth is the main FE rep and the OG "just a sword" user so I personally give him a pass, and Lucina is his echo and plays nearly identically because of story reasons for her game, making it a faithful adaptation. Cloud plays like a normal sword fighter, but his Limit Break is what makes his moves unique, just like in FFVII. The Links are all reincarnations from different timelines (don't quote me on that, my Zelda lore's rusty) so I understand why they all play so similarly. If anything, I'm happier the Hero is closer to Robin, and uses a lot of magic attacks in their moveset, since that helps them stand out and and have something unique about them specifically.

TL; DR try playing them and give them a shot and you'll see some of the differences.
#47 Posted: 19:49:04 13/06/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Emperor_Mustard

[User Posted Image]

------

I forgot about Incineroar being in smash and you got me there, but more cat representation couldn't hurt, could it? If you haven't checked out Yokai Watch yet, then I would recommend giving it a try. The third one is so expansive that I was still playing it for weeks after I got it.
---
#48 Posted: 21:52:47 13/06/2019
I'm not advocating for less characters like Banjo by any means, but there's a reason there are only 2 Western created characters in Smash (Dark Samus and Banjo), and it's entirely due to business and what's popular in Japan.

Oh wait you forgot Diddy and K. Rool. Since they were created and designed by Rare they also count as Western-created characters.

But anyway I hope they bring more pairs of characters which are popular in different regions to make everyone happy. The Chrom/Dark Samus and Hero/Banjo & Kazooie situations are great examples on the the team trying to balance characters that are popular in one region but niche in another, and I love that. I just hope we get more Western characters with time, I know negotiations are harder with companies so far away but I hope with time they manage to make it work.

I just want Crash ok.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:22 13/06/2019 by Crash10
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me