Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 50 of 50
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2451 Posted: 11:00:21 07/09/2019
With the matter settled, Sere and company needed to catch up to their ship. To this end, Sere had a small boat deployed. Once they left the island, Sere and Latnok pushed the boat along using force magic, to great effect - it was difficult with a large ship, but a small boat was much more manageable.
Out in the distance, with the flare set off by Sere, Leoquin stopped the ship, and crew got ready to pull the boat up as it approached.
---
I'm just... a guy...
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#2452 Posted: 11:56:25 07/09/2019
Mischief saw the flare and, uncertain of what to do, decided the best course of action was to stay out of everyone's way unless ordered otherwise. Settling in a spot both out of the way and in sight should she be needed, she watched the crew work.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2453 Posted: 16:45:08 07/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile Shade was too excited to sleep for the rest of the night for He was finally allowed to talk to his family. He was moving with anticipation yet was Careful not to wake Tyraika.
---
SC
#2454 Posted: 20:40:59 07/09/2019
Once the boat was brought up to the ship and the passengers were on board, Sere updated Leoquin on the new heading. Shortly after that was communicated, Laszur came in, mentioning the plan with Shade to Sere and Latnok. A quick discussion led to a mutual consensus to go on with allowing Shade to see his friends for a day.

Sere slept briefly before waking up to take the helm from Leoquin. The island up ahead, though difficult to see in the dark, had a looming hill. A lighthouse in the distance gave a bright, reassuring shine - the island would appear to not only have infrastructure, but was also likely a frequent places for ships to stop, at least in the archipelago. The light from the lighthouse would guide Sere in his navigation until the sun began to peek over the horizon.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2455 Posted: 20:55:27 07/09/2019 | Topic Creator
When the sun began to rise Shade was even more excited to finally be with his family even though it was for a day.

Meanwhile on the same island a large dragon draped in a cloke was watching from atop the lighthouse. His excellent eyesight and high vantage point gave him far views of the island and sea. He then saw the Enduring Legacy and soon flew off into the densely wooded area of the island.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2456 Posted: 22:06:29 07/09/2019
As the sun began shining brightly through the window, Angora slowly opened her eyes and prepared for the day. She didn't see Mischief anywhere, but wherever she was, she was surprised she got up first. Perhaps she was getting to know the others? It didn't matter now. She had chores to do. Angora would find Mischief later. Angora prepared for the day, and the usual routine reminded her of something extremely important.
"Oh darn it! Forgot to get Veris his dinner yesterday! Oh he'll kill me for this!" she exclaimed, knowing that breakfast and lunch or even a few snacks in between weren't enough for the gluttonous wyvern.

She ran to the kitchen, barely getting her robe right, and she started to prepare his breakfast. She gave him a double ration of meat to make up for the oversight yesterday, though she figured Veris was going to be a little mad at her for forgetting such a sacred time of the day for him.

As she headed to his enclosure, she knew she had to get out of the way immediately as soon as he tackled the tray. He must be very hungry. She also had to prepare his water, but she knew he wouldn't want to wait for her. The tray took two hands to grab, so the water would have to wait while he ate. She opened the door with some hesitation, knowing there was likely quite a hungry beast on the other side.
"I'm so sorry Veris! Latnok made me take care of a new crewmember and I completely forgot about your meal yesterday. I'm sorry." Angora excused, wanting the wyvern to understand why she forgot something so important when she had been so loyal to the schedule before. She didn't wait to finish the sentences though. Right after she began to talk, she slid the tray and got out of the way immediately, knowing that Veris was unforgivable when it came to food...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2457 Posted: 23:14:34 07/09/2019
With Angora not coming at her typical time last night - or rather, not coming at all - Veris languished in his hunter and disappointment. Maybe she was really, really busy? Unless she forgot about him... could that be what happened? Despite these feelings, Veris could not fight sleep for long, eventually dozing off before falling well into sleep.
Veris woke up, still hungry. Would Angora come back? There was only one way to know - seeing if she came in at the typical breakfast time.
Angora did not disappoint this time, arriving just like she always did. As Angora hastily moved out of the way, Veris voraciously attacked his food, making up for the lack of a meal with an even more aggressive devouring. As Veris ate, he listened to the reason Angora presented to him - which made sense, at least as far as he could comprehend. As soon as Veris was done with his food - which took no time at all - he got back to laying down, looking at Angora expectantly.
---
I'm just... a guy...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2458 Posted: 23:20:48 07/09/2019
As the sun rose and Raclaw/co were safely aboard again-- Chester was, to no-one's surprise, more than excited to see Raclaw and Latnok again. "Hey buddy.. we're back.," Raclaw said with a gentle smile as the three companions relaxed and watched the distant lighthouse get closer and closer into view. The little Beagle would soon settle into a comfortable position between the other two as he briefly passed a ball back-and-forth between himself with Raclaw. Ether furry friend would be within petting access to Latnok, nether ever complaining about the act of getting free backrubs.

Elsewhere-- Risar was helping to manage the crew and smiled at the sight of the trio. The three were like a family, albeit an unusual one with 'pets but not pets.' Chester would relay how he had enjoyed his time with Dahlia and Maverick-- and how the hybrid made an excellent pillow.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:22:04 07/09/2019 by redwes
#2459 Posted: 23:36:11 07/09/2019
As morning gave it's greeting to Redwater too, so was Huntress. She opened her in her typical hasty matter, wanting to get ready for the day as soon as possible. While most of the soldiers slept on headquarters, Huntress couldn't stand the beds there. It was either a hammock or hotel rooms for her, but since they were so far from the city, the former was the best thing to do. She woke up and did her own breakfast before waiting for the morning call, something that was no mystery among the soldiers. She respected the rules and the more important, military schedules, but as for manual routines like food and hygiene, she usually went her own way.

As was usual with her, she put her hand in her pocket to give another glance to Maverick's wanted poster... only that it wasn't there. She almost gave an ear piercing scream when she found it just right under the hammock. It must've fallen from her pocket last night. Securing the poster tightly this time, she went outside to help with the behemoth's meals, not caring if lately, there were whispers among the soldiers for her rather erratic behavior lately.

Quote: A Guy
With Angora not coming at her typical time last night - or rather, not coming at all - Veris languished in his hunter and disappointment. Maybe she was really, really busy? Unless she forgot about him... could that be what happened? Despite these feelings, Veris could not fight sleep for long, eventually dozing off before falling well into sleep.
Veris woke up, still hungry. Would Angora come back? There was only one way to know - seeing if she came in at the typical breakfast time.
Angora did not disappoint this time, arriving just like she always did. As Angora hastily moved out of the way, Veris voraciously attacked his food, making up for the lack of a meal with an even more aggressive devouring. As Veris ate, he listened to the reason Angora presented to him - which made sense, at least as far as he could comprehend. As soon as Veris was done with his food - which took no time at all - he got back to laying down, looking at Angora expectantly.

Veris attacked the food so voraciously it even managed to scare Angora a little. A bit more and he probably would've eaten the tray as well. No magician could disappear things the way he did. If it wasn't for the small traces of meat in his snout, one would've never guessed that tray had food just seconds before. As Angora got him some clean water, she noticed him staring. It was a deep glance, but it didn't seem like anger. At least she now knew he wasn't upset at her for forgetting dinner yesterday. Perhaps he was very comprehensive of what she explained?
"Well, heh... you're not mad at me at least. Can you believe Latnok assigned the new crewmember so I could train him? Well that is clearly a surprise. Why would he do that is beyond me, but I don't intend to fail. But don't worry Veris. I won't let the new responsibility get in the way of yours." Angora assured, not intending to let such an oversight happened again.
---
#2460 Posted: 00:10:07 08/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade couldn’t wait any longer he approached Sere. “Excuse me Captain But can someone get Angora and Maverick for me? I’m a bit big to get them myself and I’m excited to be with them for the day.”
---
SC
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#2461 Posted: 00:37:05 08/09/2019
As morning came, Tyraika awoke with a big yawn. She had slept soundly throughout the night, completely oblivious to the events that had taken place all around her. Tyraika still felt a bit drowsy from her long, deep sleep, and wished she could get herself energized. However, she was still recovering from her injury. Regardless, Tyraika slowly rose to her feet and stretched out her limbs, still careful not to move her wing too much.

Kasidra was still in her room, and had fallen asleep while reading last night. After she woke up, she stretched, and straightened out her books.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#2462 Posted: 02:18:43 08/09/2019
With the sun coming up, so too was Ilasi, getting prepared to perform her daily duties. Mavrick was still on the couch; as far as she could tell, he was still sleeping. Chester must've indeed had an enjoyable sleep, being able to lay against the human pillow that was Maverick...
That would be a concern for later, however.

Back at Redwater, a whisper or two floated about a priest who claimed to be a representative of the new faith he claimed the Silvianestians had all given themselves to. Indeed, there was a priest, donning the form of an insectoid humanoid, who had gathered around in Redwater to spread word of the faith - of the god Ishulgu, and how he would serve the people of the world instead of demanding worship and sacrifices.
This wasn't the first time that a priest would come with the word of Ishulgu; however, something was different this time. Some people who would just dismiss the priest and pay him no mind before would now stop to at least hear a few words of what he had to say. Were the elves involved in any of this? To an outsider, the motives would be hard to discern without first gathering more information.

"The daily crew briefing will be coming soon," Sere answered Shade neutrally. "You will have a chance to find them then." Shade's question was just one of many things the old Guardian had fighting to occupy headspace. His main concern was everything that would happen upon reaching the next place. The thought reminded him that there were perhaps some things he could talk to Jedde about and try to find out from him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2463 Posted: 02:22:20 08/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade noded. “Yes sir.” He then went back to Tyraika side. He saw she was awake by now. “Good morning! I hope you slept well. I just got good news I’m finally able to talk to my family for the day!” He nuzzled her in happiness.
---
SC
#2464 Posted: 03:45:08 08/09/2019
Meanwhile, Maverick continued sleeping for almost half an hour more after Ilasi woke up. By this time he opened his own eyes, he once again feeling ashamed that Ilasi woke up before him and that he couldn't surprise her with breakfast in bed. But he was a heavy sleeper, so he decided to start to get used to the occasions. It was time to start the day. He wasn't in such a heavy mood to cook for the entire crew, but he figured he should do it, even if the breakfast came up simpler than other times. He looked at Chester, and just as he suspected, the little beagle wanted to sleep with someone. He was very careful not to wake him up, and left him on the couch.

As he headed to the kitchen, he started thinking about the dream he had earlier. He had an interrupted night, until he started to dream in the last hour of his slumber. Shade was free, without a collar or chains, and in full control of himself... sort of. He was wild and free for real this time, except that he refused to enjoy the freedom if he and Angora weren't in his life. Maverick dreamt the large dragon grabbing him and the little troll and refusing to let them go. He would grasp them tightly with either his claws or tail, and if he had to use them, he would simply trap them in his mouth. As he got the food, Maverick smiled when remembering the dream. It was so Oscurito. Impulsive and possessive, but he missed those moments. He knew he and Angora would have to be quite prepared the day they would finally be able to interact with him.

Back at Redwater, a whisper or two floated about a priest who claimed to be a representative of the new faith he claimed the Silvianestians had all given themselves to. Indeed, there was a priest, donning the form of an insectoid humanoid, who had gathered around in Redwater to spread word of the faith - of the god Ishulgu, and how he would serve the people of the world instead of demanding worship and sacrifices.
This wasn't the first time that a priest would come with the word of Ishulgu; however, something was different this time. Some people who would just dismiss the priest and pay him no mind before would now stop to at least hear a few words of what he had to say. Were the elves involved in any of this? To an outsider, the motives would be hard to discern without first gathering more information.

The rumors didn't escape Huntress. As she helped with the behemoths, the talks about her intertwined with talks about the priest that was apparently nearby, but she focused too much at the task at hand to see where he was. Having travelled to many places around Aelinon, whether it was for missions, tasks or bounty hunting jobs, Huntress has seen and learned about Ishulgu and how a small group of followers promoted him, and seemingly did miracles. Mere parlor tricks to entertain very bored people as far as Huntress was concerned. She didn't believe such a deity existed, and that this was only the result of a cult trying to get attention and followers, or maybe just to make people confused. She didn't know if king Seraos has done something about them, but since they were still around, she doubted the monarch considered them a threat, or he simply didn't want to bother with such eccentric people.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:45 08/09/2019 by Felines
#2465 Posted: 03:50:09 08/09/2019
In all the chaos, Mischief was glad she decided to get out of the way. Once she'd settled down, however, she realized a tremendous problem. Namely, she didn't have sufficient food for herself, something she was reminded of when Choco nosed at her for breakfast. She gave him the usual weird smelly green veggies, then dug around to find her own breakfast before realizing her problem. Having not eaten since the sandwich yesterday, this was a problem. She felt utterly famished now that she was calm enough to eat. She proceeded to panic a little under the surface. She rushed off in hopes of finding Angora, and had her usual luck, walking right in on her. She immediately was put on edge by what to her was a titanic creature. She identified it instantly as a wyvern. "M... Miss Angora? W... Why is th-there a w-wyvern on b-board?" Her stomach rumbled, reminding her of another pressing issue. A little quieter, and much more shyly, she murmured "Also I'm hungry... Where can I find breakfast for me?" She didn't like imposing herself on people, but she needed to eat or she'd be non-functional.
Meanwhile, Digi had finishing booting back up, and became confused. He detected something last night, but it was gone, and just as suddenly as it appeared on his radar. Strange.
Darkheart started noticing actual flaws in her plan to meet back up with Raclaw. Namely, she had nothing to eat. Shadows were good for hiding in, but even with all her magic they weren't exactly good for sustenance. Wonderful. She would have to find a way to feed herself. Even plants need sustenance, and while she did eat less than most dragons her size, she still needed to do so.
---
#2466 Posted: 04:13:40 08/09/2019
Angora had sat in front of Veris, waiting and hoping she could finally understand his words, when she was evidently startled by Mischief's sudden appearance in the enclosure. Has she followed her here?
"You!?" she exclaimed, putting herself between the fox and the wyvern in case the latter attacked. Angora knew Veris wasn't to keen on strangers, and having one appearing all of the sudden like this could send the wrong message. The only advantage was that he was already very full, so activity may not be his top priority now.
"Veris... this is Mischief. She's the new recruit." she explained to him, not answering the fox's previous question. She was rather upset with her for showing herself unannounced like that.
---
#2467 Posted: 04:28:03 08/09/2019
Veris didn't like the sudden presence of this odd creature - but Angora seemed to have no problem with her. Trepidatious and wary, Veris crawled over slowly - giving Mischief an investigatory sniff and a curious look, before settling down and flashing her a toothy grin before licking his snout to get a remnant of meat. He seemed satisfied with her presence so far, trusting Angora's judgment.

As time went on, the priests had become more and more brazen in their approach. They sought the disenfranchised - though this was initially limited to slums and other cesspools of suffering, they now sought areas frequented by soldiers, some who would likely be disillusioned by the brutal fighting. One such priest would find himself drawing nearer to the behemoth pens - the soldiers in the area were likely coming back from the front lines during the respite in fighting.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2468 Posted: 04:57:55 08/09/2019
Huntress was one of the first to notice the priest when she went to get another batch of food for the behemoths, and was quite appalled.
"Have you lost your mind? This is no place for the likes of you!" Huntress said rather rudely, escaping her how in the world the other soldiers let the man get this far.

Veris didn't like the sudden presence of this odd creature - but Angora seemed to have no problem with her. Trepidatious and wary, Veris crawled over slowly - giving Mischief an investigatory sniff and a curious look, before settling down and flashing her a toothy grin before licking his snout to get a remnant of meat. He seemed satisfied with her presence so far, trusting Angora's judgment.

Angora breathed out a sigh of relief when Veris was relaxed again, fully aware that if it wasn't for the fact that he was bloated from the food and tired, things wouldn't have went so well for Mischief.
"What do you think you're doing showing up like that in an enclosure? This wivern is the captain's personal mount and I'm charge of taking care of him." Angora explained, clearly upset about Mischief's sudden appearance. The occasion could've easily escalated into a disaster if Veris wasn't so patient and well fed, not to mention obedient.
---
#2469 Posted: 05:05:36 08/09/2019
Mischief recoiled slightly at first Angora's outburst, then leaned slightly away from Veris' sniffing before being jumped by Angora's scolding. Her tail drooped, visibly upset. "S-s-sorry miss Angora... I... I wanted t-to find you... I-I d-d-didn't know what this room was..." She swallowed nervously and forced herself to be a little more coherent. "I didn't mean to startle you. I... I'll leave you be..." The pup looked down and turned to leave. She only wanted to find someone she trusted, but ended up making Angora angry at her. At least as far as Mischief could tell. Her poor levels of socialization as a child made it difficult to interact with people now. Her empty stomach asserted itself and she returned to a quiet, safe area to curl up, not wanting to waste energy right now.
---
#2470 Posted: 05:18:51 08/09/2019
Angora sighed, having failed to realize how sensitive Mischief was.
"It wasn't that. You don't have to leave. Just telling you that next time, try to be aware of what you do and where you're heading. Veris here is very nice and understandable, but he is very wary of strangers. Luckily he is so patient." Angora explained in the most calmed voice possible, but she was still trembling on how wrong this meeting could've gone. Veris didn't have his dinner yesterday, and if Mischief, who was a stranger to him, had been to the enclosure just minutes earlier when she wasn't there, Angora had no doubts the little fox would've been his first meal of the day.

At the kitchen, Maverick was reading a small, children's story while waiting for the sailor's foods to be done. Life could be so simple and happy, yet somehow, even after escaping his father, life was still hard and complicated for him. He trusted though that once the Guardian's mission was over and his contract expired, not to mention Shade finally being trained, he could finally have the life he has always wanted. He had a girlfriend, a cute little troll and even a dragon, not to mention a very loyal dirt buffalo, and once all of this madness was over, he could finally set the goal of a long, happy life with family.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:57 08/09/2019 by Felines
#2471 Posted: 05:28:09 08/09/2019
Mischief glanced back at Angora. After processing the statement Mischief's eyes brightened and she enthusiastically returned to Angora. She stopped short and sat down in front of Angora as hunger pain reminded her why she'd gone searching for Angora in the first place. Actually, she didn't sit so much as fall backwards. She looked up at Angora, incredibly excited that Angora was willing to be her friend. Or whatever role it was. Of course, her mood was spoiled somewhat by the now incessant growling of her middle. She readjusted her position, sitting a bit more comfortably as she waited near Angora. Whether or not Angora was upset, Mischief wasn't repeating her query. She didn't want to be demanding, and just hoped some cue would assist in dealing with her need for food.
---
#2472 Posted: 15:06:58 08/09/2019
Angora groaned quietly and put her hand on her face when seeing how Mischief was acting. This was someone who could talk and wear clothes, and yet it was still too weird how much like an animal she acted. The little fox didn't have to say anything though. With the sounds coming from her belly, it was as if a mini Veris just entered the enclosure. She looked at the wyvern, who was too full to budge or do anything else, and then at Mischief again.
"Let's go. I'll show you where the kitchen is." she said to her involuntary pupil, opening the door to the enclosure to leave, giving one last look to Veris.
"I'll be back later big guy. We can play a game or do whatever you want when I return. Behave yourself, alright?" she said to the large wyvern, figuring he wasn't in the mood to do anything after a meal like that. He'd probably take a nap now, time which Angora will spend teaching Mischief some magic. The day was already full for her, and she didn't even know it was going to escalate even further.

At the kitchen, the smell of the food was already surrounding the hallways nearby. Maverick turned the food in the pots and pans so that the other side could be cooked and proceeded to continue reading his book, still contemplating how simple life could be and how it has been eluding him.
---
#2473 Posted: 15:11:49 08/09/2019
Tyraika smiled when she saw her friend. "Good morning, Shade. Thanks, I did. I hope you slept well, too." She paused upon hearing Shade's news. Tyraika remembered that he referred to the small troll and hairy human as his family. She didn't quite understand why, but nevertheless, he was clearly happy. "Oh, wow, really? That's great, Shade. I'm happy for you." Tyraika nuzzled him back. Although she was glad to see him in such a good mood, she wasn't particularly excited about the plans for today. With Shade busy, what was she supposed to do? Tyraika wouldn't really have a friend to talk to now. She figured Raclaw would be too busy with the armored human to be free to socialize. Did the humans have something else planned for her? More training perhaps? Tyraika didn't know, but she supposed she would find out soon enough.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:14:49 08/09/2019 by Cynder09
#2474 Posted: 16:15:35 08/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“I would say come meet them but unfortunately Laszur won’t let me. He says I’m still a monster.” Shade said looking down. “I am not a monster.”
---
SC
#2475 Posted: 16:37:09 08/09/2019
Mischief hopped to her feet, tail wagging eagerly. She followed Angora. With her keen sense of smell, the scents from the kitchen were irresistible, and her soft blue eyes closed as she started drooling. She whined a little. "S... Smells... So... Good..." All she could think of now was the inevitable meal, and her growling stomach. And how delicious the food smelled. She was used to relatively simple foods. Berries, sandwiches, some meat occasionally. Whatever was cooking smelled divinely flavorful. It was drawing out a more instinctive side, and she wasn't really thinking anything through, following Angora automatically.
---
#2476 Posted: 20:51:17 08/09/2019
As the meal was being prepared, Sere grabbed the usual assembly bell, giving it a solid ring which could be heard throughout the ship.The crew, in the typical manner, started to gather to receive their daily briefing, with Latnok taking his usual spot at Sere's side. Sere waited patiently for everyone available to assemble.

The priest didn't seem bothered by Huntress' harsh callout, instead giving her an understanding look. "Is it not? Aelinon allows one to practice religion freely, does it not? Sister, there is much you do not understand - that we are willing to show you," he said calmly. "Such as the most effective way to ensure that Aelinon prospers... or the location of the hybrid you are currently enthralled with. We need only your ear."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2477 Posted: 23:34:38 08/09/2019
Huntress was about to dismiss the man again, and forcefully remove him if necessary... when her attention was immediately drawn by the word hybrid. But her interest soon turned to anger.
"Who told you about HIM?" she demanded to know, believing that the only way this man could've known about Maverick was if some of the soldiers told him. Somebody was really going to get it for telling this stranger about her personal affairs... or perhaps the man simply overheard it and was trying to exploit it somehow. Whatever the reason, she wasn't going to let this weirdo manipulate her like he and his group have done with so many people.

Quote: darknessdawn
Mischief hopped to her feet, tail wagging eagerly. She followed Angora. With her keen sense of smell, the scents from the kitchen were irresistible, and her soft blue eyes closed as she started drooling. She whined a little. "S... Smells... So... Good..." All she could think of now was the inevitable meal, and her growling stomach. And how delicious the food smelled. She was used to relatively simple foods. Berries, sandwiches, some meat occasionally. Whatever was cooking smelled divinely flavorful. It was drawing out a more instinctive side, and she wasn't really thinking anything through, following Angora automatically.

"Ah, looks like Maverick is cooking again. This is indeed your lucky day. You haven't lived until you've tried his food." Angora expressed delightedly to Mischief, knowing Maverick's style of cooking too well. The little fox's day was clearly going to perk up. Not only did she avoided getting eaten by a wyvern, but she would experience the best food she'll probably ever taste in her life. As they went in front of the kitchen, Angora could hear the ringing bell, and so did Maverick on the other side.

Angora entered along with Mischief, with Maverick as always delighted to see her. He gave her a hug, but then he grinned when he looked at her face, knowing she wasn't particularly fond of those displays of affection when someone was around.
"Oh, I see you have our new recruit here. Go help yourself with anything." Maverick invited with one of his goofy smiles, showing Mischief the food. From sandwiches, to pancakes, to bacon, eggs, ham, bread, mixed vegetables and beverages like apple and orange juice. He was very happy that Angora could make a new friend. The troll still wasn't delighted with the idea of taking care of someone that wasn't Veris, or maybe Dahlia, but at least this was a chance for her to show to Latnok he couldn't put her down, if that's what he was looking for. Although the morning announcement was already up, Angora decided to help Maverick with the food cart. She knew how hard it was to take it up the stairs by one's selves, and even if it meant going to the reunion late, she was going to help him.
---
#2478 Posted: 00:25:32 09/09/2019
Quote:
As the meal was being prepared, Sere grabbed the usual assembly bell, giving it a solid ring which could be heard throughout the ship.The crew, in the typical manner, started to gather to receive their daily briefing, with Latnok taking his usual spot at Sere's side. Sere waited patiently for everyone available to assemble.

Raclaw and Chester took their usual spots near Latnok, with Risar not that far away. As Raclaw mindlessly scanned the ship-- he almost sensed something, but couldn't quite pinpoint what that *something* was. Whoever or whatever it was was keeping its distance...
---
#2479 Posted: 01:25:44 09/09/2019
Mischief was utterly stunned by the selection. She wasn't used to so much variety, and the scent was practically intoxicating in itself. Pokemon generally enjoyed eating, and Mischief was no exception. Between her empty stomach and the sheer variety the inevitable happened. She gorged herself, downright glutting herself before yawning wide, sleepy from eating so much. It was fortunate she was little. Otherwise, she might've affected the meals of everyone else as well. After remembering she wasn't on her own she became embarrassed and a little scared about any consequences that may occur for her binging without a thought. Not eating all day was a poor excuse. Even as she tried to come up with a way to apologize she started drifting in and out of consciousness. All she wanted now was to be held, but she doubted it would happen. As she dozed off, she fell forward. She fought for a time to keep her eyes open, but the struggle quickly proved fruitless and she practically passed out.
---
#2480 Posted: 03:06:43 09/09/2019
The priest's demeanor seemed unchanging, despite Huntress' anger. "We know many things... such as how Glaveilio died. Or... your connections. Or your hatred for dragons... fearing even one coated in fur, under control by one of the Ardent Guardians? That won't do..."
The priest stopped for just a moment to let his words sink in. "You see, we have two things you desire - answers, and power. We grow more and more powerful by the day, in plain sight of Orion, and yet he does not have the power to stop us." As the priest continued to speak his excitement grew and grew. "Orion threatened the very king of this nation in an effort to protect those conniving elves against Aelinon, while he had left Aeinon to fend for itself for centures - but those days will be coming to an end! We grow more and more powerful by the day, in plain sight of Orion, and yet he can do nothing. When we are done, Orion will never be a threat to anyone here ever again... unless I am mistaken in thinking that is something that would concern you?"

As the crew assembled, Sere finally felt enough people were present to begin speaking. "Greetings, sailors," he called out, and the men almost instantly quieted down in order to hear him. "You may have noticed a lighthouse up ahead - that island is our destination. Once there, there is a matter that I must attend to personally - though we will likely need sailors out to map the area and secure a path clear from wildlife. Continue your typical routine, and be ready to move when we make landfall."
Sere gave a quick look around - noting Shade and Mischief, who he had to bring up. "Sade will, just for today, be permitted to interact with his two friends. There will be no need to report the matter today. Also, the fox creature you see is our new crewmate. I know many of you may have... misgivings about a similar creature in the past, but I urge you to at least give her a chance. That is all. You are dismissed."
The group dispersed in the typical fashion, as they began to seek the source of the breakfast meal.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2481 Posted: 03:53:10 09/09/2019
Angora groaned and shook her head, but Maverick instead chucked at the hilarious display.
"Heh heh, did you see that? She was like a little piranha." he said with a snicker, never having seen anyone acting such a peculiar way.
"I knew it. Good thing you didn't offer her the food from your hand. She would've eaten it. She's just like a mini Veris." she commented, with Maverick laughing again.
"And Latnok made ME take care of her. Me, someone he hates." Angora said, still adamant in the belief Latnok was simply trying to make her look bad somehow. More responsibility meant more chances of messing up something. Maverick didn't want to believe that though. He wanted to believe Latnok tasked her with this fox in order to test her rather than sabotage her.
"Well, whatever his reason, you're off to a great start. She seems to like you very much... just like Veris. Oh, did you feed him by any chance?" Maverick asked, with Angora explaining how she forgot yesterday and Mischief's little stunt earlier. A close call indeed.

The two friends wanted to keep talking for a while longer when they suddenly remembered about the bell. Maverick pushed the food cart while Angora helped him. She carried the little fox on her head and shoulders in order to have her hands free. The two then carried the cart all the way up the stairs, and once they reached the main deck, they could see everyone scattering already. Was the meeting that brief? It became clear that they missed it, but Angora trusted someone would tell them about it later. While Maverick distributed the cart, she carried Mischief to another part of the deck, wondering what she could do with her. She wanted to train her while Veris slept, but she was going to make things difficult for her if she meant to sleep at the same time as the wyvern...

The priest's demeanor seemed unchanging, despite Huntress' anger. "We know many things... such as how Glaveilio died. Or... your connections. Or your hatred for dragons... fearing even one coated in fur, under control by one of the Ardent Guardians? That won't do..."
The priest stopped for just a moment to let his words sink in. "You see, we have two things you desire - answers, and power. We grow more and more powerful by the day, in plain sight of Orion, and yet he does not have the power to stop us." As the priest continued to speak his excitement grew and grew. "Orion threatened the very king of this nation in an effort to protect those conniving elves against Aelinon, while he had left Aeinon to fend for itself for centures - but those days will be coming to an end! We grow more and more powerful by the day, in plain sight of Orion, and yet he can do nothing. When we are done, Orion will never be a threat to anyone here ever again... unless I am mistaken in thinking that is something that would concern you?"

Huntress' hands shook, and she clenched her fists. She was using every ounce of her strength to control herself and avoid slapping this impertinent man in the face. Just who did he thought he was? But above all, how he knew so much about her? Has he asked around? One thing was certain; she absolutely despised everything this man was saying about her. She usually did a good job hiding her feelings, but this time, her mood was becoming evident. Her face's color even changed, which was quite hard to dissimulate with such a white skin. Her face conveyed anger... and even a little bit of sorrow.
"Leave. Leave now. You think you know about me? You think you are so knowledgable? You think some awful promise is going to make me fall in your manipulation?" Huntress said with some eerie calmness, her face and the veins in her temple being the only thing that indicated how much she was containing her fury.

"Leave please... before I tell my behemoth friends to commit a barbarity." she warned after a brief pause, with the same calmness, trying very hard not to lose her cool. The priest freaked her out more than he made her interested. How crazy was this man? Was he saying on going against Orion? THE Orion? The Galaxy Dragon? Anyone practically defying a deity, one she was even certain existed despite some of her people apparently meeting him, was a clear indication of someone whose mind wasn't exactly in the right place. Huntress wasn't a firm believer of anything, usually thinking more about herself and of course, her king and country, but most of her life, it was usually about herself.
---
#2482 Posted: 04:56:24 09/09/2019
While Tyraika wasn't particularly interested in meeting the small troll and hairy human, or getting to know them, she didn't quite understand why it wouldn't be allowed. She at least didn't understand what Shade's actions had to do with that decision. It seemed that Tyraika's own actions would affect that more, especially considering that Maverick had already approached her and offered her food once before. However, she decided against voicing her opinion, as she didn't really care either way, she was just confused by the logic. Tyraika sighed and gently nuzzled her friend. "Don't listen to their opinions, Shade. You're not a monster, you just made a mistake, one you're working on fixing. Just keep up the good behavior and show them that you're more than that. I mean, they are still giving you this chance, so that has to mean something, right? At least you get to be with your family today," she reminded him.

Kasidra had heard the assembly bell and made it up to the main deck just in time to hear the announcement. She looked to the lighthouse when it was mentioned and saw their next destination. Kasidra wondered what matter Sere had to attend to, but figured it was none of her business. She heard that Shade would be allowed to interact with his friends today and thought that was nice. It seemed he had made good progress on his training. Kasidra also heard about a new crewmate and wondered why she hadn't seen them yet. Apparently, they were a fox creature of some sort, so perhaps they were small and hiding somewhere? Perhaps Kasidra merely missed them due to being in her room? She wondered what they were like, and what possible misgivings the others could have towards the new crewmate. Apparently, it had something to do with a similar creature in the past, which made Kasidra curious.
---
#2483 Posted: 06:48:57 09/09/2019
Mischief was surprisingly easy to carry. Even asleep she'd hold on to Angora if Angora gave her half a chance. Anyone who was sufficiently familiar would know exactly why. A mother Zoroark would often keep her pup hidden in her mane. Said pup would cling comfortably, even when asleep, allowing the mother to carry them while still having her paws and mouth free. Mischief slept hard, occasionally stirring slightly. When the other side of her personality manifested in her dreams her grip tightened for a brief moment. This time her other self was strangely quiet and still. The dream involving them mostly consisted of the two sides staring at each other. Then it ended. It was the first time her other personality showed no signs of aggression. Maybe it felt cooperative today? Whatever the reason, Mischief's eyes snapped open and she yawned. Looking around, she realized how short her nap was this time. Even by her normal standards it was short. Her eyes weren't easy to keep open, but she could manage it. Her meal had settled into her stomach properly now and she felt a little ill. She'd eaten way too much. Still, she remained quiet and enjoyed the chance to cuddle. Even if it wasn't with someone soft and furry it was still cuddling. And she'd wanted to cuddle for a while now. Something bothered her though. The dreams. Two dreams involving her other self. First it was as hostile as usual, but this time it was calm. It wasn't good at expressing itself, but Mischief wondered. Was it trying to keep me off this ship for some reason? She struggled to remember the end of the recent dream. The being had pointed, then gently pushed her, and then she woke up. Perhaps it craved the magick which Angora would teach her, or maybe it was just being helpful for once. The motives, as always, were inscrutable. She would untangle that mystery later.
Choco quietly followed Angora. He watched over Mischief like a hawk.
---
#2484 Posted: 14:46:40 09/09/2019
Angora was getting really annoyed by Mischief's odd and animalistic behavior, but she made no attempts to show it. She took no notice of Choco, being too focused on Mischief herself.
"Oh good. You're awake. You really shouldn't gorge the food like that. Food like that has to be enjoyed, not swallowed." Angora instructed, rather indignant how her dear friend's carefully prepared food wasn't given the time to be enjoyed. Even the greedy, gluttonous Veris made some attempt at enjoying Maverick's food the time he got some. Speaking of which, the hybrid man went to them after realizing Angora never took some food. Being so busy with Mischief made her forget the hunger. She took a platter and then Maverick left to distribute what was left, wishing her luck in her task. Both of them were still unaware of the special day that awaited them...
---
#2485 Posted: 22:21:37 09/09/2019
As the crew assembly came to a end and their current destination became clear-- Raclaw gravitated towards the food, while also thinking about the day ahead. He decided that he and Latnok should ideally continue to work on the fireball spell and perhaps the show would also give the bored Tyraika something to watch. He wondered what else otherwise basic flame was capable of with the beloved Guardian's help.
---
#2486 Posted: 23:49:29 09/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“Thanks Tyraika.” He tenderly nuzzles her. He then saw Maverick and Angora and smiled. “I see my family has came up finally.” He quickly ran over to Angora carful not to run into any crew or supply’s. He then suddenly cuddled her from behind and gave her a playful lick. “Guess What Angora?i can be with you and Maverick for the day!”
---
SC
#2487 Posted: 00:15:31 10/09/2019
After the comment to Mischief, Angora had finally noticed the island up ahead. How could she missed it the first time? And land already soon? Still, it was better than an endless ocean, as long as it wasn't full of bizzare creatures wanting to eat them like the island Maverick was found after his kidnapping. Before she could take a closer look, she was met with a heavy cuddle, which at first believed it was Mischief but then realized very fast it wasn't from her. Immediately afterwards, she was met with a tongue that almost lifted her off her feet, and that's when she had the chance to turn around.
"Shady? Wait... what did you say? Re... really?" Angora asked, with more skepticism than happiness. Was that really the truth? Or was Shade was so desperate to see her and Maverick again that he didn't care if he got a punishment for getting close to him?

Elsewhere on the deck, Maverick was distributing the last of the meals, saving Shade's for last. He then noticed he was out of his usual spot. He doubted Shade would be allowed to venture so far, but when he saw him in another part of the deck, he wondered if that meant he finally had a little bit more freedom. That would certainly be great news...
---
#2488 Posted: 00:18:51 10/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“No it’s true! Mr. Laszur allowed me to be with you and Maverick for the day.” He playfully licked her face in joy. “Hehe where’s Maverick? I wanna give him the news!”
---
SC
#2489 Posted: 00:42:28 10/09/2019
Mischief became visibly embarrassed. "I... I don't normally binge like that... Actually I overate..." She adjusted her grip. "I'm sorry... I just didn't think..." She had a bit of a stomachache from eating so much. "By the way... I've never seen some of that. What exactly was in it?" Her tail flicked as she adjusted her position to look over Angora's shoulder. She finally settled into a comfortable position. "It did taste really good... Should've slowed down..." She sort of drooped a little. Not only had she overstuffed herself, but some of it was either disagreeing with her or she was so severely glutted it made her sick. She actually climbed down so she could hold her aching middle. A moment later she found herself hurriedly moving out of the way of Shade. She peered out around Angora, timid as always. "M... Miss Angora? Who's this?" So many new people. But she didn't like crowds or strangers."
Meanwhile, Digi was performing scans and updating his database as needed. He also checked data on what Zorua favored meal-wise. "Lessee, wild Zorua generally prefer: Berries, especially sweet ones, some vegetables, and small amounts of meat. Bread is accepted if offered, eggs are rarely eaten due to rarely finding eggs from other species. However, they thoroughly enjoy the taste, more so than meat apparently. Technically omnivores, but they lean towards herbivorous diets due to a fondness for sweets. Meat is generally eaten more for the nutrients, which they only need occasionally. Favored prey includes mice and some birds, although they're opportunistic. Hunting is done in small groups, possibly to maximize efficiency and possibly due to timidness. A lone Zorua tends to use hypnosis and trickery to catch prey... Is anyone even listening to me?" He becomes aware of the fact that, chances are, nobody was paying attention. He grumbles a little about his lack of mobility.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:54 10/09/2019 by darknessdawn
#2490 Posted: 01:11:06 10/09/2019
The priest was completely unperturbed by Huntress' anger and threats. "Poor child, you simply do not know enough now - but I have faith you will be, sooner than you may think. We simply want an ideal world - and with a god who serves people, instead of a god who wishes for people to serve him, we will see that come to pass. Remember these words - and dwell on them. We will create this world - you may join us; you may remain neutral and watch it happen; or you may oppose us... but some, such as Glaveilio, found out quickly enough that that is not feasible." The priest, feeling that no conversations in this area would go any further, began to leave.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2491 Posted: 01:46:34 10/09/2019
Once the priest started to leave, Huntress looked like she was on the verge of tears. Just how insane was this man? But above all, how did he knew so much about her? One of the things she hated the most is when her life and personal affairs were addressed. She knew the guards were whispering about her and her current obsession, but at least they were respectful enough not to talk to her about the matter. There was that one soldier, but she let it go on account that he was a friend and it was mere curiosity rather than a whole speech. Why would this man approached her, out of all the people present? It didn't matter the reason. It was a meeting Huntress didn't took well. Unable to contain her frustration, she had to stop the chore and went to a corner to cry, needing to let all the anger out somehow...

Quote: darknessdawn
Mischief became visibly embarrassed. "I... I don't normally binge like that... Actually I overate..." She adjusted her grip. "I'm sorry... I just didn't think..." She had a bit of a stomachache from eating so much. "By the way... I've never seen some of that. What exactly was in it?" Her tail flicked as she adjusted her position to look over Angora's shoulder. She finally settled into a comfortable position. "It did taste really good... Should've slowed down..." She sort of drooped a little. Not only had she overstuffed herself, but some of it was either disagreeing with her or she was so severely glutted it made her sick. She actually climbed down so she could hold her aching middle. A moment later she found herself hurriedly moving out of the way of Shade. She peered out around Angora, timid as always. "M... Miss Angora? Who's this?" So many new people. But she didn't like crowds or strangers."
Meanwhile, Digi was performing scans and updating his database as needed. He also checked data on what Zorua favored meal-wise. "Lessee, wild Zorua generally prefer: Berries, especially sweet ones, some vegetables, and small amounts of meat. Bread is accepted if offered, eggs are rarely eaten due to rarely finding eggs from other species. However, they thoroughly enjoy the taste, more so than meat apparently. Technically omnivores, but they lean towards herbivorous diets due to a fondness for sweets. Meat is generally eaten more for the nutrients, which they only need occasionally. Favored prey includes mice and some birds, although they're opportunistic. Hunting is done in small groups, possibly to maximize efficiency and possibly due to timidness. A lone Zorua tends to use hypnosis and trickery to catch prey... Is anyone even listening to me?" He becomes aware of the fact that, chances are, nobody was paying attention. He grumbles a little about his lack of mobility.

Too many things were happening at the same time. Angora was about to answer Shade when Mischief asked another question. And then suddenly, Diji started talking too.
"Will you all please be quiet. Device! I beg you not to talk if you are not asked anything!" she scolded, feeling very overwhelmed by all the company. Once she calmed down, she started with the introductions first.
"Shady. This is Mischief. I'm... taking care of her for the rest of the voyage." Angora explained, preferring not to go into details. And when she saw Mischief, as expected, she seemed afraid.
"This is Shade, my other friend. Don't worry about him. He means no harm." she assured, knowing it was only natural to be afraid of a dragon of Shade's size and appearance. While it wasn't immediately noticeable, he was even bigger than Veris himself.
---
#2492 Posted: 01:52:50 10/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade lowered his head to Mischief. He gave a big smile. “Well nice to meet you! Any friend of Angoras is a friend of mine!” He said as he held out a claw for a hand shake. “Angora here is my family. She and Maverick mean so much to me.” Shade said as he nuzzled Angora in his arms.
---
SC
#2493 Posted: 02:02:33 10/09/2019
Digi beeped nervously. "Apologies. No harm intended" he chirped.
Mischief delicately accepted the handshake before staring up with her big blue eyes. Whatever went on in her head, it resulted in her pressing her forehead firmly against his leg. She had actually reared up and reached as high as she could. After pulling away she sat back down.
Digi instantly identified the motion as a greeting for canid Pokemon, including fox Pokemon. But if he was anything, he was eager to please and prone to obeying orders in a literal minded fashion, so he remained silent unless asked. If asked, he could reveal Mischief was trying to touch her forehead to Shade's in a greeting.
---
#2494 Posted: 02:19:00 10/09/2019
Angora felt deeply embarrased by the display of affection. Shade made her feel so insignificant. To try to drift from the feeling, she noticed Digi acting strangely.
"What is it now? Go ahead, I know you want to say something." she said after hearing his beeps, which she assumed it was the equivalent of stammering for a machine. She wanted to get out of Shade's grasp, but after so much time without him, she figured it would be too rude to dismiss him when he has been wanting this for weeks. From her position, she could see Maverick, who was taking the food to the captain,mand then Latnok and his companions. It was time to head to Shade's position and bring him his own food, and she didn't even want to imagine how his greeting would be...
---
#2495 Posted: 02:36:37 10/09/2019
Digi became excited. "Always happy to explain! If you saw that forehead bump Mischief gave Shade here, it's a greeting among canines, including foxes! Of course, it's usually done forehead to forehead but you can guess why she only got his leg. I expect she was trying to greet him and also defuse the wracked nerves her species is so prone to."
Mischief looked up. "Wait, you know my species, right? Well then what am I?"
Digi realized he never properly explain what Zorua are. "You're a Zorua, also called the tricky fox Pokemon. While they're often mischievous, they're rarely malicious and are usually just being playful. Aside from not utilizing your natural Illusion, you seem to be a pretty typical member of your species: Affectionate and good natured, but incredibly shy and timid."
Mischief nodded before tilting her head. "Back it up. Whaddya mean natural Illusion? Isn't that another form of magick?"
Digi realizes about now he'd have to teach her how to use her Illusion. Star had installed a way to teach moves, so Digi figured he could improvise it for teaching Mischief how to use her Ability. He stored the thought for later. "All Zorua and Zoroark can use an Illusion to disguise their appearance. Zoroark are even more powerful and can create entire illusionary landscapes. I'll teach you how later. I've gone on long enough about your species with Angora, and the rest of the data I have is not vital at all." He goes quiet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:09 10/09/2019 by darknessdawn
#2496 Posted: 03:38:36 10/09/2019
After seeing the two of them talking so much, Angora made a decision.
"You know, I think you should have Digi for a while. I believe he can make you better informed than me." she suggested, meaning to have Digi back later, but for now, she could use some rest from the talkative machine, and also make it useful.

Meanwhile, Maverick was heading to where Shade was. He couldn't see what he had in his claws, but when he got closer, he could finally see what it was, or rather, who it was.
"Angora?" he whispered to himself, at first not believing his eyes. But as he got closer, there was no doubt about it. That was Angora. He doubted Shade would take the risk of interacting with them if he was still forbidden from doing so, and if he did, why today? Has he grown tired of waiting? It couldn't be for the lack of company of he had Tyraika. Only one way to find out. He approached the cart with his food, knowing the smell would attract him and let the dragolet know of his presence. Then he will get explanations...
---
#2497 Posted: 04:13:40 10/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade smiled and gently gave a head pat the the small fox Pokémon. He then caught the smell of his food arriving. He gently released Angora and quickly went over to Maverick and gave him a nice lick on his face before playfully cuddling him. “Oh how I missed you both! They allowed me to be with you two for the day.” He gently nuzzles Maverick.
---
SC
#2498 Posted: 04:16:47 10/09/2019
Mischief wiggled a bit. "Really? You mean it?" She didn't get why Angora would give her Digi, but she liked presents, even talkative one.
Digi showed an image of a nodding Porygon as Mischief accepted the gift. "Mischief. I will teach you to use your Illusion while my Master is occupied." He displayed an animation of how the Illusion functioned. "To an outside observer, it looks like this. In a moment, if you'll place your paw on my screen I can establish a neural link of sorts and teach your body how to do it. Once that's done I'll put you through a quick training regimen, should take ten minutes tops. That'll teach you how to use and control your Illusion. It'll be the same method that a Zoroark uses to teach their kits."
Mischief nodded and placed her paw on the screen. A moment later she squeaked from the sharp sensation of electricity hitting her. She sucked her paw once she was able to move again. Hundreds of images flashed through her mind, too quickly to comprehend. "Owie."
Digi performed the mechanical equivalent to a sigh. "I understand it stings. Be glad I got all the data through in one shot. I've been working to improve my programming in Star's absence. Now then, I show you an image of a creature, and you mimic it's appearance. Don't think about the action too hard, focus on the appearance. Illusions by definition are superficial."
Mischief nodded and mimicked perfectly. Vulpix, Pikachu, various Pokemon were all used for the test. Not only did she have to copy their appearance but their size and voice as well. After she proved her ability to mimic Pokemon, Digi informed her "That was the easy part. You clearly can use your Illusion. But the final test for all Zorua is mimicking humans. If you want we can wait."
Mischief nodded, panting a little. She was excited, but using Illusions required more than Digi made it sound like. He corrected her on any and all errors. An off color, mistake in the pattern, and she could give herself away. He continued "Star had perfect mastery, but for a beginner you're really good. I suspect knowing the move Copycat helps."
Mischief queried "Copycat?"
Digi explained the move in a rush. "Once you've mastered your Illusion Ability I'll teach you other moves for certain situations. Your sharp little claws best not be manicured for that, because you'll be using them."
---
#2499 Posted: 13:46:07 10/09/2019
Maverick was delighted with the news, though it made him sad it was just for today. He was hoping that after so much time of not losing control, the arrangement would be permanent, but worse is nothing. He couldn't wait to tell Ilasi. He knew she'd probably spend time with him alone, but this was a temporary arrangement, so Maverick doubted she would mind. He them remembered he had Chester in her cabin, and went to get him.
"That is indeed some great news Oscurito! We have so much to catch up on. Oh, but start with Angorita first. I need to go back to the cabin and get Chester. Took care of him last night and I don't want him to get lost on the way here." he commented, knowing he wouldn't take so long if he accelerated the pace. He had left the door half open for when the dog woke up, but he probably didn't know his way out from that spot, so he didn't want to take the risk. Once he fetched him, Maverick was going to visit Dahlia, give her her usual meal and let them play for a little while. Today was going to be about Shade only.

As Maverick left, Angora looked at Shade, knowing her day would be terribly busy indeed. Not only did she know Shade would want to take advantage of this break, but she also had Mischief and Veris to take care of. At least the former had Digi to both entertain and educate her, and judging for what she overheard, Mischief didn't know much about her own species. Digi could stay with her and educate her while she spend the day with Shade and taking care of Veris. She was already getting stressed by the day she was going to have, but tried not to show it, also wanting to take advantage of this terrific break.
---
#2500 Posted: 22:57:10 10/09/2019
With the crew going about their daily activities, the ship moved gently through the waters - a shore soon becoming visible. There didn't appear to be dock infrastructure - but that was better than nothing.
There didn't appear to be anyone at the landing waiting for the party - the main thing visible from the shore was a worn road, though it appeared to be at least somewhat maintained. The road led away from the shore and further into the island.
Sere carefully brought the ship to the edge of the shore, with the crew setting anchor soon afterwards. He would need a moment to draft a plan before the crew could alight. Answers would be found within, according to the Ishulgites - though Sere didn't know exactly what those answers would be. Why was Jedde so much of a threat to them, and why did they let him stay with Sere in that case? How convincing could they possibly be?
There were many things that were still a mystery about the Ishulgites. Though their general goal was known, it was hard for Sere to make a decision one way or another until he had more information on them. And this was perhaps just what he needed to do...

In Crystal's containment, the thunderbird was exposed to image after image of Ishulgites living peacefully, enjoying their lives - the work they did to heal the sick, to feed the hungry.
"Why would we need mind control," the priest speaking to her said, "when all people need is someone who cares about them and their problems? That is what we offer - we care more about these people than most ever will. Every one of them is our brother and sister. Is this not a world worth living in? Worth fighting for?"
In the back of Crystal's mind, however, someone reached out - someone in the shadows, difficult to discern. A risky move with the masterminds around - but this familiar presence still dogged them. "I think it's time people saw the whole truth. Don't you agree?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 50 of 50
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me