Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 41 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2001 Posted: 23:33:13 17/06/2019
"Good," Latnok said. "Let it remain that way. The sooner you become safe to be around, the sooner we can get this over with. We'll probably have to shackle you when the healer does come up again. I wouldn't be surprised if the mere thought of approaching you terrifies her." Latnok figured that it was better that the dragon know now, rather than later, what would likely happen; she would be less likely to act out with a sudden surprise.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2002 Posted: 00:19:42 18/06/2019
While Maverick continued taking care of his beloved girlfriend, with the affectionate Dahlia watching them, Angora remained on her cabin, taking a small break. She knew she would simply get in the way on the main deck, and she already did plenty of work in the infirmary. Plus her real job, taking care of the wyvern, was done for the time being. She could try to cook for the crew for extra credit, but she wasn't in the mood to do anything, especially prepare meals to people that were never going to show the least bit of gratitude. She had one single goal in mind... but was afraid to moving along with it.
"What's the worse that could happen? He's already treated my like garbage before. I should be used to it by now..." Angora said, but it was to herself. She had the orb on her hand to wait for a message from Shepherd, even though the comment wasn't meant for him. She wanted Shepherd to co tact her and not the other way around for once, even though deep inside, she wanted consolation and some encouragement for what she had planned. Just what was on her mind that was bothering her so much?
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#2003 Posted: 17:25:51 18/06/2019
Tyraika was simply quietly listening, until shackles were mentioned. She jumped to her feet and took a step back. Tyraika was very tense now, feeling a mix of fear and anger. She resisted the urge to act out on these emotions, but she still watched Latnok warily. "Shackles? You mean, like chains?" she asked, her voice a bit shaky. Tyraika fidgeted with nervous energy.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:13 18/06/2019 by Cynder09
#2004 Posted: 18:16:06 18/06/2019
After much hesitation, Angora couldn't take being in that room anymore. She left the cabin and headed to the main deck, but remained downstairs to avoid showing her face up there, especially to the hostile new dragon. She waited for the first sailor to show up nearby, which turned out to be one short but with strong arms and a small ponytail. He was moving a few artillery.
"Excuse me sir?" she called, almost making the man jump.
"You!? Don't sneak up on people like that creature! But of course, a troll." he expressed, offending Angora. She didn't show it however and shook it off easily, knowing there were still too many people on that ship that still hated her.
"Sorry. I just... wanted to ask you to tell Latnok to come here." Angora asked, though she was certain she would be denied. The man almost said to her to do it herself, but figured the reason why she didn't want to come to the main deck. Things were dull around there anyway, so he obliged.
"Later. Leader Latnok is busy. So wait." he said bluntly, continuing with his work and leaving Angora waiting downstairs. Latnok was with Tyraika right now, and there was no way he was going to interrupt him, especially to fulfill a troll's request, somebody that was in too much hot water with him and the captain.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#2005 Posted: 18:28:29 18/06/2019
Raclaw and Chester remained nearby, but didn't interfere when Tyraika responded. He observed the wild dragon carefully and kept an close eye on her surface emotions, such readings also coming naturally to immediate Latnok if he so chose to read into them. Chester couldn't do much to help with the situation, but remained alongside Latnok and Raclaw-- prepared to get out of the way in case Tyraika attacked or otherwise provoked an action.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2006 Posted: 20:00:34 18/06/2019
Tyraika's response came as no response to Latnok. "Chains - those are exactly what I'm referring to. It would be for the good of those who approach you," he said, readying himself for a more desperate response. "You do want your wing healed, don't you? Do you think the healer will want to be near you, knowing you can lash out?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#2007 Posted: 20:10:41 18/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Mr. Latnok sir if I may ask. Do you mind if me or Raclaw are by her side? Tyraika seems to be much calmer when others of her kind are present or close by.” Shade suggested. “To be honest sir when you’re not training her I’m kind of helping her learn about the rules to prevent her from lashing out out of instinct.”
---
SC
#2008 Posted: 21:16:14 18/06/2019
Tyraika took another step back. She fidgeted about as her fur stood on end. Just the thought of being in chains made her anxious. Instinct said to run away, or fight back, or really do anything but stand there. However, Tyraika ignored them. She didn't know what to do, but those options didn't seem like they would help out any in the long run. Tyraika glanced at Shade and took a deep breath. He had said that things would get better if she just followed orders. Well, she was doing that, so why wasn't it working? Why did the humans still feel the need to rely on chains and collars?

Tyraika turned her gaze back to Latnok and sighed. "Then what's the point of the training? If you're going to just restrain me anyway, then why bother with anything else? I thought that wouldn't happen, so long as I went along with the training and behaved." She could feel her rage building, so she took a deep breath to calm it back down. "At this point, I'd rather just go home with a damaged wing, than be trapped here forever." Tyraika was likely only putting her foot in her mouth at this point, but she was getting sick of all these confusing rules. The deal wasn't worth all this.
---
#2009 Posted: 21:30:29 18/06/2019
Latnok listened to both Shade and Tyraika, keeping their thoughts in mind as he continued. "You would only be restrained until the operation can be complete," he clarified - ready to act as ever with a quick spell if need be.. "I take the safety of my personnel very seriously, and I won't risk it like I did before just to appease you. Between that, and effective training, I will have the confidence that the healer can approach you without you endangering her - because we're sure as hell not stopping our journey just to drop you back at your island, and I doubt locals would appreciate having a wild dragon unleashed on them."
Latnok still had Shade's suggestion to consider. "As for having others - Raclaw will be present if he wishes, Shade. You will not be. We will be doing this within the wyvern pen, to minimize potential damage to the ship."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2010 Posted: 21:38:29 18/06/2019
Raclaw offered an nod-- not surprised in Latnok's response. Indeed, Tyraika would still be a wild dragon even with the training and protection would be all but required at least for Ilasi's sake. Perhaps such measures wouldn't be needed later, but the concern was understandable from the Guardian's perspective.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:53 18/06/2019 by redwes
#2011 Posted: 21:39:21 18/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I understand sir.” He looked to Tyraika. “Don’t worry when that time does come it will only be temporary as long as you stay calm. Plus you’ll have Raclaw there.”
---
SC
#2012 Posted: 22:22:49 18/06/2019
"That's not what you said before," Tyraika replied. "No one even mentioned chains until now. You implied before, it was one or the other, not both." She was still frustrated with these confusing and changing rules. Why couldn't they just make up their minds? "Well, I take my freedom very seriously. You wouldn't have to drop me off anywhere, I could still swim. Whether I make it back alive or not shouldn't even be your problem." Tyraika didn't even want to be dropped off on an inhabited island.

Tyraika glanced at Shade as he spoke. She wasn't too happy about the fact that he wouldn't be there, and she still didn't believe that the restraints would be temporary. Still, it didn't seem like she had a lot of options, but how was she supposed to trust them?

Tyraika took a deep breath and looked back at Latnok. "Then at least show me everything. Let me get a chance to familiarize myself with it first." She still hated the idea of being restrained, but maybe if she could at least see everything first, she could get more used to it and be less anxious about it.
---
#2013 Posted: 22:47:51 18/06/2019
"How irresponsible do you think it would be for us to let you go, have you land somewhere foreign, and kill the first guy who looks at you funny?" Latnok asked rhetorically. "No - we need to make sure you are not a threat, like you have proven yourself to be. There is a lot you have to learn before you are safe enough to be around people; and unless we get back to your island eventually, you will have to learn that before we can just release you anywhere you have a chance of getting near unfamiliar people."
Latnok figured that Tyraika may not know exactly where he was coming from, being a wild creature - so he would teach her more in depth. "You see, out here in the real world, we have to look out for more than ourselves. Sometimes, our individual wants have to be put to the side for the sake of the greater good. That is where we are now - your wish for freedom as an individual does not outweigh the right of everyone you come across to have safety. A concept you may find hard to grasp - but with time, you will come to understand it. Until we can be sure that it won't compromise the safety of others, your freedom will have to be limited. Now I will have no more questioning from you. You will accept these conditions, or I will do whatever I need to in order to ensure that you are not a threat to others."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2014 Posted: 23:02:47 18/06/2019
While the sailor continued or king nearby waiting for the chance for Latnok to be free, Angora remained downstairs, looking at the sky from below. She doubted the sailor would grant her the favor, but she had nothing else to do, so she waited, getting into a corner to avoid being in the way of those who come and go. With the few people that passed those stairs either ignored or didn't noticed her, which she preferred over insults and belittlement. She grasped the orb hidden in her pocket, expecting Shepherd to contact her at any minute, although she doubted he had something to say to her right now. She still wondered what he meant by growing. She would discover it herself, but for now, she had one goal in mind, one she had to wait for at the moment...
---
#2015 Posted: 00:05:12 19/06/2019
Tyraika was somewhat offended by the notion that she would attack any random person for no reason. She had never purposely gone after anyone, only attacking those who invaded her home. Tyraika rarely left her territory for any reason and generally kept to herself on her island. She didn't want to deal with people at all, she only fought off threats. The deal Tyraika had made with her friend would have prevented her from hunting down people on other islands anyway. So long as her friend kept up her end of the deal, Tyraika wouldn't attack any people. Although, the dragon figured it would be pointless to try to explain this to anyone. It's not like they would even believe her at this point.

Tyraika didn't quite understand what Latnok meant by the greater good. It sounded like he just wanted to protect his own pack and keep them safe, with little to no regard for other creatures. Honestly, it sounded the same to her as what any wild animal or group did. They cared about their own safety and that of their group, but weren't concerned with others outside their group. Tyraika didn't understand the difference yet, and wasn't in the mood to keep debating the topic with someone who wasn't interested in listening to what she had to say.

Tyraika took a deep breath. "I understand," she said in monotone. She sort of lied about understanding, but didn't really care. She figured it was better than saying anything else. Right now, Tyraika just wanted Latnok to stop talking and find something else to do with his time.
---
#2016 Posted: 01:41:32 19/06/2019
Latnok was satisfied with the answer. Like it or not, Tyraika had to comply in order to be compatible with the ship environment. "Wonderful. Continue to work on acceptable behavior outside the wild," he advised. "Watching you is a waste of my time, and I'd prefer to never have to deal with you again." Latnok stepped back for now, to indicate that he was done with the immediate conversation; he sat back a bit away, however, keeping a close eye on the dragon.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2017 Posted: 01:55:00 19/06/2019
Raclaw could tell that Tyraika didn't fully understand, but knew that would take time and patience. Tyraika was the first truly wild dragon he had met in a long long time-- and even more so than previous dragons that once had a place onboard. This was a dragon who had received no taming, no training, and no guidance of any kind up to this point. She had instincts yes, but she was basically more/less an animal albeit an mostly sentient one. Latnok soon sat down some ways away from the new dragon; Raclaw and Chester would join the Guardian laying down aside their beloved human.
---
#2018 Posted: 02:05:55 19/06/2019
The sailor looked at the three friends plus the dragon, keeping his distance. He knew Latnok was watching over Tyraika, but there was no training going on or anything of the sort, so he took the chance. Staying as far away from the dragon as possible, the sailor approached Latnok.
"Leader Latnok? My dearest apologies for troubling you sir, but the troll is looking for you. She's downstairs right now." The sailor informed, fulfilling the objective. He was doing it more for Latnok's sake than Angora, since he believed the young Guardian would probably be interested in knowing that the troll of all people wanted to talk to him. It got him curious as to why the little creature would be looking for him given their notorious bad relationship, but news always travelled fast around the ship, so he was certain he was going to find out sooner or later.
---
#2019 Posted: 02:18:17 19/06/2019
As Latnok sat down, he absent-mindedly began petting Chester. Latnok was truly appreciative of having these friends around; it was something much different than the camaraderie he had with other Guardians. Maybe one day... he would be able to start something unique with the two. What in particular, he wasn't quite sure of; but surely this adventure wouldn't be the end of their story.
Latnok was interrupted by a sailor accosting his attention - on behalf of Angora, of all creatures. "What does she think will happen? Does she think I'll come to her? She should know where to find me," he said dismissively.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2020 Posted: 02:31:54 19/06/2019
"Yes sir." the sailor said respectfully, leaving the leader be and proceeding to continue his work around the ship, staying very far away from the new beast as was established. Why didn't the troll want to show her face? Couldn't be because of this new dragon. She was friends with the horrible black one and was the wyvern's caretaker. Whatever the reason, she should feel lucky the sailor had been in a good enough mood to act as a messenger for her. He wasn't going to tell her about what Latnok said, already doing enough by just talking to him.

But the sailor didn't need to inform her though, since Angora, with her keen hearing, had listened to what Latnok said. Annoyingly predictable from his part, but that didn't make her any less angry.
"What was I thinking? This was a stupid idea anyway!" she muttered discouragely, wanting to believe Latnok would've at least take a peek downstairs to see she was there, but realize now it was too much expectation. She didn't want to go to the main deck, so with her frustration, Angora left, heading to Veris' enclosure to see if he was awake and give him his daily grooming. She would look for Latnok later, but only if he was in his cabin or anywhere BUT the main deck. Or maybe just stop looking for him altogether. The request was most likely going to be a humongous waste of time anyway, so she had no idea why she was bothering with the attempt...
---
#2021 Posted: 00:24:40 20/06/2019
As the sun approached the horizon in its descent, the ship likewise began to approach its next destination - a proper dock. More notable were the defenses nearby - stone walls, with cannons mounted on them. On the walls were many guards - all human, unlike the rest of the archipelago, and all of them in their middle ages. The guards were all armed and ready to take action - the battle scars visible on some of them were a clear sign of their experience. As the ship approached, the guards watched warily, though none trained weapons on the ship.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2022 Posted: 00:44:12 20/06/2019
Raclaw and Chester watched alongside Latnok-- pleased to see land again, but somewhat worried about how their new guest would react to the presence of many more humans. Risar watched the Guards closely, but instructed the crew to keep the ship steady and to keep to the current orders. Chester briefly looked up at Raclaw, as if the little Beagle had an idea. The larger Raclaw offered a 'maybe' look as the ship approached ever closer...
---
#2023 Posted: 00:47:22 20/06/2019
Maverick had stayed with Ilasi for the rest of the day, heading to the kitchen only once to make her some dinner while Dahlia had kept his girlfriend company. He returned with a hearty meal that afternoon, some that he had to share with Dahlia. She was a herbivore, but even she wanted Maverick's cooking regardless on what it was. Right now, the faun man was reading both of his girls a story, not noticing the ship coming to a stop...

Back at Veris' enclosure, Angora groomed the wyvern, removing loose scales and trimming his horns and claws. His teeth were still relatively clean, so there was no need to brush them. When she took care of him, Angora said nothing, avoiding any talks, a clear sign of how upset she was. She would vent with Veris in times like this, but she didn't want to trouble him with her own problems, so this was something she kept to himself. She didn't know exactly how Veris saw Latnok, but he most likely held him in high regards like his master, so she didn't want to speak about him, especially if feeling that way. Her buried frustrations came to a stop when she felt the ship was slowing down.
"Hmm? Looks like we're arriving on an island... great news Veris. I can take you hunting... once it's deemed safe of course." Angora said, really looking forward for some time on dry land. The ship slowing down could mean something else, but if they were indeed arriving on an island, Angora wanted to spend some time on it, but only after it was investigated and considered safe enough.
---
#2024 Posted: 02:22:09 20/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Looks like we are nearing land. Just remember what I said. Stay calm and dont do anything rash. These folks on this island don’t look all too friendly.” Shade said to Tyraika.
---
SC
#2025 Posted: 20:39:17 20/06/2019
Veris licked his snout at the mention of hunting - he knew, however, that he would have to wait. He settled for lazing about, relaxing after his grooming session.
The ship would soon reach the dock, anchor being set appropriately. There were armed guards by the dock, but they didn't seem openly hostile at the moment.
Sere decided it would be best to speak to whoever was in charge and sort out arrangements as soon as possible. He looked around the deck until he found Risar, tending to the tasks at hand. "Come with me, Risar," Sere said. "We're going to introduce ourselves. Latnok will have to stay behind to watch Tyraika."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2026 Posted: 20:50:03 20/06/2019
Angora could hear the anchors already. No doubt an island at last, and she really hoped it was a peaceful one. If uninhabited then better. She was already hating being on that ship. She could only imagine what a hard time Maverick must've had on his father's ship and barely seeing dry land.
"You go ahead and just... be yourself Veris. I'll see where we've docked." Angora said to the lazy wyvern, leaving his enclosure and heading to the nearest window. She still didn't want to go to the main deck and encounter that hostile dragon again, so she decided to only come there if what she saw outside convinced her.

At Ilasi's cabin, Maverick finally noticed the ship halting.
"Oh? Looks like we arrived somewhere." he commented, like Angora, really hoping to get some dry land time. Finally he could let Dahlia roam free, with his supervision of course, since he doubted the dirt buffalo would want to explore a new island after what happened to her the last time she was alone in one of them.
---
#2027 Posted: 21:19:36 20/06/2019
"Aye Captain.," Risar responded soon following Sere. Raclaw and Chester stayed near Latnok knowing that Sere would have to check things out first and that Tyraika would need to be watched.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:17 20/06/2019 by redwes
#2028 Posted: 21:31:39 20/06/2019
Tyraika had simply been laying down on the main deck, away from people. She raised her head to see the stone walls, with canons and guards on them. Tyraika stood up, her body tense as she carefully surveyed the scene. "No, they don't," she replied to Shade. "They're not immediately attacking, but still... What do you think will happen?" Tyraika took a deep breath to calm her nerves.

Kasidra was in her cabin and could feel the ship come to a halt. She heard the anchors outside. The tiefling wondered what sort of island they had arrived at this time. Maybe it would be peaceful and they could explore without any issues. Kasidra doubted it would be that simple, but still held onto hope.
---
#2029 Posted: 21:45:00 20/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I don’t know. We will have to wait and see what the captain says.
---
SC
#2030 Posted: 23:11:42 20/06/2019
Latnok remained on standby, as Sere and Risar departed from the recently laid gangplank. "Greetings, travelers," one of the guards said. As the two moved on ahead up to the currently open gate, the reactions seemed nothing out of the ordinary, except for one guard who looked like he saw a ghost. He would walk off somewhere as the two continued.
Sere and Risar would stop by the gate. "Good evening," Sere said to the sentries posted - one of the sentries was actually not a human, but a cyclops, in a similarly styled uniform. There were clearly other species present here, even if humans were the majority. "I am the captain of the ship there - the Enduring Legacy. My name is Sere. This is Risar, one of my right-hand sailors."
"Greetings, traveler," one of the men said, offering a handshake which Sere reciprocated. "How did you get here?"
"We moved through the storm," Sere said. "It was a perilous journey, but we managed it."
"Gods know we've been stuck here for... decades? I've lost count," the sentry said. "I'll send someone to fetch one of our chiefs. We can have a nice little chat about things while you're here. We haven't heard anything from the outside world in a long time."

With the ship finally making its landing, Ilasi was curious as to what would happen next. "Where are we?" she wondered out loud. "I wonder what the people here will be like. From what I've seen, they certainly seem rather... prepared. For something or another. This place looks safe. Like home."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2031 Posted: 23:26:28 20/06/2019
Maverick was reclutant, but since Ilasi felt at ease, so did he.
"Well, want to go upstairs and check it out? We'll have to ask permission from el capitán, but I think señor Latnok can do that too." Maverick said, already looking forward to exploring this island like the last one, even if the last one didn't have the most pleasant of experiences. Going to the island meant going to the main deck, and he doubted Ilasi was ready to face the new dragon again.

Angora looked at the island from one of the hallway windows, never expecting a fort. Not only was the island inhabited, it also seemed to have a very solid society as well. But we're they born here or stranded like Kasidra on the last one? It didn't matter. As much as she despised it, she would have to wait for both the captain and the islander's permission, as well as the guarantee that the place was safe enough to roam it.
---
#2032 Posted: 23:37:41 20/06/2019
Risar offered a respectful nod-- somewhat pleased to see another beast man among the immediate mostly-human population. He wondered how the cyclops would stack up in combat, although they wouldn't test that theory unless they had to. Elsewhere, Raclaw and Chester continued to lay aside Latnok. The larger fur dragon companion would instinctively raise his head into a petting position after Chester had received a fair share; he didn't think much about how such an action would look in front of their wild dragon guest.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:08 20/06/2019 by redwes
#2033 Posted: 00:31:19 21/06/2019
Angora could barely see anything with the fort mostly on the way, although she could see some number of soldiers. A well guarded place this was. She only saw humans, along with Sere and Risar leaving the ship. She knew she wouldn't make much progress standing there, so she decided to head to the main deck... but before climbing the stairs, she decided to hear if the sailors were gossiping above. She walked around the hallways, knowing that her standing there would make the eavesdropping too obvious. She wanted to make sure she had some sort of update about the current situation without the need to ask anyone...
---
#2034 Posted: 01:32:18 22/06/2019
Sere and the sentries engaged in some conversation for a while; the sentries explaining details about their culture, and the different factions, and Sere explaining events in the outside world. This continued for some time, as Sere waited patiently.
Suddenly, many more armed men poured in from both sides of the gate. There was a notable difference between these men and the ones encountered so far - they were aggressive. Without question, they trained various polearms and bows at the old Guardian.
One of the men stepped forward - not very distinct in his uniform, though the attitude of the men who came with him suggested some sort of authority. "You're under arrest. Hands up in the air, now," he barked at Sere. The men with him didn't seem concerned about Risar for the time being - their attention seemingly taken by the Guardian.
Sere complied without hesitation, though his indignation was clear. He didn't need to speak up immediately, however - one of the men who were initially at the gate, the same man who initially greeted the new guests, was more than willing to do so. "What is the meaning of this?!" the sentry demanded to know. "These guests have just arrived on our territory, fresh from the outside world!"
"Are you truly ignorant, or are you just playing the part?" the lead man for the captors said. "Martus and his followers may have forgotten already, but the Duessul remember this man's crimes! Tell me, you... thing - did you think that, after so much time, we would suddenly forget someone like you?"
"Evidently so," said the other lead. "This is clearly a different man! Explain how someone would build such a ship like his, in secret, on these islands, with no one knowing about it! Or why he would come back here, of all places!"
"Whether this man is smart enough to avoid the law or not is not our concern," the leader of the captors said. "His crimes will have him sitting in a dungeon for some time to come."
The atmosphere was incredibly tense all-around. Though the two opposing groups didn't point weapons at each other, the disagreement between them was palpable.
Sere, though extremely indignant, knew better than to do anything to rattle the chains of the men arresting him. Fighting them was very clearly not an option - even if he could under the circumstances, which he was almost certain he couldn't, such a move would be incredibly self-destructive for the voyage. He would need to have faith in the situation to sort himself out. At the very least, they only seemed to be interested in him specifically - they hadn't extended their aggression to Risar, which bade well for the rest of the crew.

Ilasi was undoubtedly nervous, showing extreme apprehension. "Uh, I mean, sure... I guess," she said reluctantly. "But... only if we can find a way to, uh... handle the dragon." Thought she didn't want to say it, she would definitely prefer the dragon restrained to at least some degree if she was to go anywhere on the deck.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2035 Posted: 01:41:14 22/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade felt uneasy about this place. “Latnok I don’t like this place. I feel something is wrong.” He said uneasy. He had not yet seen Sere surrounded yet as the wall prevented him from seeing him.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:09:16 22/06/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2036 Posted: 02:10:12 22/06/2019
As the two were quickly surrounded-- Risar raised his weapons, but didn't immediately partake in combat. The large minotaur wasn't all brawns and knew when they were outnumbered. "Captain...," the second-in-command said in an understandably agitated tone allowing for Sere to ether speak or otherwise demonstrate a 'yes' or 'no.' He would step down if ordered, but was also willing to fight if that was want the caption wanted.

Meanwhile, Raclaw could sense the same uneasiness that Shade felt. "Latnok--.," Raclaw said interrupting the obliged petting. "Something doesn't feel right. Sere is surrounded and they do not seem friendly.," he immediately said upon his and Shade's shared observation. As he spoke-- his ears rose as did the nearby Chester's. It was a than-long-known visual cue not unlike that a dog or similar animal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:40 22/06/2019 by redwes
#2037 Posted: 03:49:54 22/06/2019
Angora was tired of being locked up on that ship. Well guarded or not, she needed some dry land time. Knowing where Tyraika spent most of her time, she decided to use the set of stairs that were the farthest away from her. She didn't use her hood this time, being too hot from the desperation, not to mention it was probably a useless move. While she wanted to take the mostly cramped Veris out of there, she wasn't going to expose him to danger if she had no idea how that island was, especially one as well guarded as that one.

When she got to the main deck, she could feel the tense atmosphere. It felt horrible.
"What in the world?" she exclaimed to herself, wanting some answers. She could see Latnok and his fluffy duo somewhere in the distance, but they were near Tyraika, so she didn't go to them. She wanted to see towards the island, but the wall was preventing her from seeing much...

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi was undoubtedly nervous, showing extreme apprehension. "Uh, I mean, sure... I guess," she said reluctantly. "But... only if we can find a way to, uh... handle the dragon." Thought she didn't want to say it, she would definitely prefer the dragon restrained to at least some degree if she was to go anywhere on the deck.

Maverick understood Ilasi's concern, and tried to think of a way where she could go to the island without needing to stand the dragon's presence.
"Maybe we could, I don't know, throw ourselves from one of the windows and swim to the island? I can carry you around while you transform back." Maverick suggested, knowing what water did to his girlfriend, but he then desisted of the idea, realizing how ridiculous it was.
"Never mind, I just heard myself. Perhaps, quizás... we can use some hoods to avoid seeing him? We can ask one of the sailors in what part of the main deck the dragon currently is, and we can take the furthest set of stairs away from it." Maverick then suggested, having the same idea as Angora, thinking that was the better idea. Chances were that the dragon was either with Shade or tied up given how cautious the Guardians were.
---
#2038 Posted: 17:59:40 22/06/2019
Sereshook his head at Risar. "Stand down. Don't worry about me," he said. "These sorts of things have a way of working themselves out. Just alert the crew to what has happened. I'm sure you and Latnok can figure things out until I return." Sere made no effort to stop the armed men from approaching him, accepting their capture as they bound his arms.
"Our sincerest apologies, visitors," the more amicable leader said. "Some of the chiefs here have no idea what they're doing. We'll work to get this mess sorted out." None of the men present made any effort to capture or accost Risar - he would be free to leave if he wished.

Latnok immediately stood up upon hearing the news from Raclaw. He instinctively reached for a weapon, though he declined to actually take one. "Some rough diplomacy, maybe..." he said, with a hint of uncertainty. "There's no way we're going to be able to fight these people, nor should we. Let's hope things work themselves out for now. If not... well, we'll have to see what to do from there. There has to be a bit of a misunderstanding."

Ilasi gave a slight nod at Maverick's proposal. "Well, maybe that would work..." she said. "Maybe we can try to speak to the captain or Latnok about it. I'm sure they would understand, uh... securing the creature. Just for now, at least." She didn't know what further plans the Guardians had for the new dragon on board, but hoped that none of those plans involved keeping her for any extended period of time.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2039 Posted: 20:03:29 22/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I hope they work out.” Shade said. Though he didn’t like Sere much he didn’t want any harm to come to him.
---
SC
#2040 Posted: 21:36:52 22/06/2019
Angora was close enough to hear the news. Sere... arrested? For what? It's not like he had visited this place before and committed a crime, has he? While she didn't want to feel that way, Angora felt a sense of pleasure at his arrest, feeling like this was karma for all the times he mistreated her so much. Now he'll know what it was like to be treated badly and like a vulgar criminal.

The only thing that worried her was what was going to happen to them without their captain. Latnok will take charge for sure, but if Sere was imprisoned, it meant this was a harsh society. Taking the captain's mount out was going to be out of the question, especially if the wyvern found out what was done to his master.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi gave a slight nod at Maverick's proposal. "Well, maybe that would work..." she said. "Maybe we can try to speak to the captain or Latnok about it. I'm sure they would understand, uh... securing the creature. Just for now, at least." She didn't know what further plans the Guardians had for the new dragon on board, but hoped that none of those plans involved keeping her for any extended period of time.

Maverick took a light scarf from his hyperspace bag and gave it to Ilasi, while he took out the black coat with the eyes and teeth image in the hood (the one Angora hated). But he put it on from the other side, not wanting the image to intimidate the dragon.
"I encounter Angora again while wearing this coat. Heh, she really despises it." he commented casually before answering to Ilasi's concern.

"Try not to be too concerned about the dragon. If she knows you only want to help, she won't do anything. That incident wasn't really an attack you know. It was my fault in the first place. Remember she's just a poor animal taken out of her enclosure. It's natural to be spooked." Maverick kindly explained, calmly leading Ilasi out of the cabin after putting on the scarf. It used very light cloth, so it didn't retain heat. Maverick was willing to wait however long it took to get to the main deck, just in case his girlfriend wasn't ready to be up there yet.
---
#2041 Posted: 02:04:45 23/06/2019
Quote:
Sereshook his head at Risar. "Stand down. Don't worry about me," he said. "These sorts of things have a way of working themselves out. Just alert the crew to what has happened. I'm sure you and Latnok can figure things out until I return." Sere made no effort to stop the armed men from approaching him, accepting their capture as they bound his arms.
"Our sincerest apologies, visitors," the more amicable leader said. "Some of the chiefs here have no idea what they're doing. We'll work to get this mess sorted out." None of the men present made any effort to capture or accost Risar - he would be free to leave if he wished.

Latnok immediately stood up upon hearing the news from Raclaw. He instinctively reached for a weapon, though he declined to actually take one. "Some rough diplomacy, maybe..." he said, with a hint of uncertainty. "There's no way we're going to be able to fight these people, nor should we. Let's hope things work themselves out for now. If not... well, we'll have to see what to do from there. There has to be a bit of a misunderstanding."

Risar offered a nod and withdrew his two heavy great axes-- placing them back onto their custom slots on his back. "Good luck, Captain.," the minotaur offered knowing that Sere's fate now rested in someone else's hands. He didn't know if the captain was truly innocent or not, but was sure that it was some mistake or an incident from an previous less noble life. Ether way-- he had his orders and knew that they would've greatly outnumbered had they chosen to resist. And thus, he would soon return to the ship delivering the news to Latnok and whomever was nearby.

"Godfather Sere-- arrested?!," Raclaw exclaimed in disbelief. 'Surely this had to be some kind of mistake.,' the fur dragon thought not believing that Sere could've committed such a crime to produce that much of a reaction. From what he sensed of the locals-- they felt very strongly about the extent of the Godfather's crimes, although notably others either weren't aware or didn't believe that such so-called crimes had been committed. Some of the nearby crew's thoughts became uneasy at the thought of their employer possibly going behind bars.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:11 23/06/2019 by redwes
#2042 Posted: 06:48:28 23/06/2019
Tyraika kept her gaze focused on the island wall, trying to get a sense for what was happening over there. She could only tell that the captain had been surrounded and that the atmosphere was tense. The feeling was familiar to the wild dragon, like wandering into someone else's territory, only to be greeted by a defensive pack. It was that sort of feeling. It was clear to Tyraika that they, or at least the captain, wasn't welcome here. That feeling and theory was confirmed, when the Minotaur returned with word that the captain had been arrested. Tyraika wasn't phased by this, instead finding it sort of interesting and ironic. The man had captured beasts on his ship, yet he himself had now been captured. She didn't show it, but Tyraika couldn't help but find that mildly amusing.
---
#2043 Posted: 12:38:54 23/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I hope they don’t decide to arrest us. I don’t want to be in a cage ever again. Being in on in Redwater really scared me.” Shade came closer to Tyraika getting a little scare at the thought.
---
SC
#2044 Posted: 18:35:15 23/06/2019
Latnok was utterly shocked, despite his best efforts to try to hide it. This would be a really difficult situation to navigate - but there was hope. From what Raclaw picked up, it seemed that there was disagreement even among the people of the island, which meant that it was likely that, whatever decision they made with Sere, there would be much delay. In addition, the people had no problem letting Risar walk out - they purely had one man in mind, and were otherwise permissive of the rest of the crew, if somewhat wary at the moment.
"I think our best plan for the moment is to meet in the morning," Latnok said. "There's quite clearly some confusion even among the inhabitants, and they seem fine with letting us stay here. By the time morning comes, they might have sorted some details out amongst themselves." Latnok maintained some faith that they would manage to find a way to work the situation out - the captain had likely dealt with worse during his career.
Laszur was present, the time of day being during his normal waking hours. This was quite the predicament - but that was what a chain of command was for. "I could attempt to do some scouting," he offered. "I could get a good idea of what the people over here are like, and potentially the conditions they have the captain in, or their plans."
"That... sounds like a good idea," Latnok said. "Though hold off for just a minute."

Ilasi maintained some trepidation, though she was willing to go along with her boyfriend. Perhaps he was right. Maybe she was just overreacting to the whole scenario. Besides, the Guardians would be out there... right?
As they approached the main deck, the sound of some sort of commotion could be heard. Just sailors having drunken fun, or something more concerning?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2045 Posted: 19:13:13 23/06/2019
While Angora was initially pleased with the news, she was also disappointed. If Sere was arrested, she was afraid the same thing was going to be done to her if they managed to pinpoint her as a troll, not exactly the world's favorite creature. But that wasn't even her biggest concern right now. The question was what was she suppose to tell Veris? He was really looking forward to fly and hunt. What was she suppose to say now? Or even worse, how was she suppose to explain that his master was arrested and held captive on the island? The wyvern would also have to remain locked up or else he may cause havoc on the island. As much as she disliked Sere, she knew Veris was very loyal to him, and Angora feared that he could have some sort of retaliation if he found out what was done to his rider. But perhaps she could tell him about simply being the island not being safe and omit Sere's predicament to the wyvern? Angora wasn't going to lie to him. She was simply going to omit nformation.

With the decision made, Angora headed to Veris' enclosure, encountering Maverick and Ilasi about to head to the main deck. She was surprised to see Ilasi, though she correctly assumed it wasn't to heal the dragon.
"Are you two heading to the island? Well, not recommended. Things just got very ugly. Sere was arrested." Angora said bluntly, getting straight to the point. Maverick was baffled.
"Who... Sere... el capitán? Wha... How... Whe... what for?" the hybrid demanded to know.
"I'm not sure. Nobody informed me. I'm just saying what I overheard. Maybe the islanders didn't like him. Maybe they confused him for someone else. Or perhaps he commited a crime in the past. I really don't know. All I know is that he is in custody right now." Angora calmly explained, though not sounding as concerned as Maverick. He was simply shocked. Why Sere? Was it really a case of mistaken identity? Or was Angora right about a past crime? Despite Sere and all the Guardians' good intentions, many of their methods were very questionable and cruel. Perhaps Sere did something against the law, but Maverick wasn't certain about anything.

"Well, not sure what you're going to do now, but I might as well continue my job here. We can't do anything but wait." Angora said, knowing that there was nothing she or her friends could do. She headed to Veris' enclosure while Maverick looked at Ilasi, as pale as a piece of paper.
"I... don't think we should go Ilasi. I mean, just hear the commotion above. What could we do? I... I want to do something, and I want to see how Oscurito and the new dragon are managing this... but I know señor Latnok is deeply upset about this." Maverick suggested, almost stammering. The situation wasn't pleasant. Nobody but Sere was stopped, but what if that changed? The island was someone else's and they had to respect the rules, but where would everything go from there?
---
#2046 Posted: 00:07:07 24/06/2019
As Risar relayed the news-- Raclaw could feel the tension in the air. "From what I sensed-- the locals wanted Sere alive. And from what Risar has from told us, they seem more interested in merely capturing him for the time being and letting things sort out in due time. The Captain.. the Godfather should be safe for now. And with luck, things will have sorted themselves out for the better in the morning.," Raclaw soon said stepping up and speaking alongside Latnok. The two were equals after a fashion; the fur dragon being considered more or less the same level of his Guardian counterpart.

"Laszur.," he then spoke looking at the Galud. "I can give you the reading of everything that I sensed.. or rather an interpreted version of those readings that can be transmitted in a more readable fashion.," Raclaw then said preparing the information in his head. If Laszur accepted-- the information would include numbers, formations, direction, and the best estimation of a layout he could get off the soldiers' accessible thoughts. Such information would be transmitted in a readable format similar to a reading he had once sent Latnok before the beloved Guardian had officially claimed his collar.

"What does this mean for the ship?," Chester barked in a slightly worried and curious tone. "It means that those aboard follow the chain of command-- Latnok being the highest ranking Guardian and an second in command.," Raclaw responded in the canine tongue and doing so in a reassuring tone. Indeed-- the chain of command had systems in place for such matters. When one crew member became unavailable (regardless of level), another would've already been set-up to take their place. Risar had risen to an second-in-command in part due to Latnok briefly stepping down and had stayed in his place due both his experience and his performance on the job. And many crew members had died at one time or another; any empty position was quickly filled be it via prisoner or another crew member in a redundant position. This time wouldn't be any different in that regard.
---
#2047 Posted: 00:26:01 24/06/2019
Laszur did not have personal experience with Raclaw's abilities - though he had heard enough of them to have a good idea. "That would be most helpful," he said, ready to accept the fur dragon's help. With the layout, his scouting mission would be much easier, and much safer.
"Then it's settled," Latnok said. "You perform the scouting, and with any luck, we'll be ready to act in the morning." That still left one little detail, however - without Sere to take watch, that left only himself to watch over Tyraika, and he needed sleep.
"Hey, you," Latnok called out to the wild dragon. "I'm going to have to..." Latnok pondered for a minute - collaring would be the simple solution, but perhaps there was another.
"Nevermind. You're going to be sleeping in my room. You're going to have to find a spot to squeeze in - you're not taking up my friends' space."

Ilasi was unsure of heading up before - but recent events sealed the deal. "Maybe we should just wait for tomorrow morning," she said. "Things might have settled down a bit more by then." Ilasi was very unsure of what would happen in the days to come - she hoped everything was just a big misun that could be sorted out later.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2048 Posted: 00:38:22 24/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked at Tyraika. “Mr. Latnok if I may I can help take watch over Tyraika while Mr. Laszur is scouting and you resting. I know you don’t trust me with important tasks yet but I haven’t had any out bursts in months. I have been following orders you give me.” Shade said. “Plus She seems to trust me and listen to my advice. But if you don’t wish me to watch over her May I suggest Raclaw? He has actually knocked me unconscious before when I did have an outburst and he is a dragon which Tyraika does trust more.”
---
SC
#2049 Posted: 00:39:24 24/06/2019
Raclaw offered an nod to Laszur-- finishing up his preparations and proceeding to transmit the information directly to the Galad via his telepathy. He had always used such readings to his and Latnok advantage, but was happy to provide the same information to anyone else who could benefit from it; Laszur and his scouting missions would benefit more than all. He would send the information in a very careful fashion, so as to not overload Laszur's mind with a sensation he was not used to. The finer visual details would be lost as Raclaw had not actually been there in person, but the layout and other details would be as accurate as the troops' minds allowed. Chester looked up at Latnok with a funny look, surprised that the Guardian was considering inviting Tyraika into his own quarters verses the obvious alternative.
---
#2050 Posted: 00:51:16 24/06/2019
"Okay, Shade, I'm not stupid," Latnok said harshly. "We need someone who won't be afraid to take action should the creature freak out - and you would be far from that someone. Raclaw and I will both be much more effective in that regard - and keeping the dragon in my room limits the people exposed to her. If this works out, maybe I'll ease things up, bit by bit - but for now, it's this, or I throw the collar on her. Now, Laszur?"
"I've received the details from Raclaw," Laszur confirmed. "I'm ready to head out now."
Latnok nodded. "Good luck out there." Laszur would soon vanish before his eyes, as the galud prepared for the infiltration.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 41 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me