Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 38 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1851 Posted: 02:44:26 05/06/2019
Angora was very relieved with Veris' more relaxed stance, but now she realized she may have to be careful with her words. Almost like his master. She started massaging his wings, wanting him to know she didn't mean any harm with her words.

She didn't want to remain silent though, wanting to take advantage of the temporary ability, so she tried to bring another subject up.
"You know Veris, it's curious and even funny how the two of us of all creatures managed to get along like this. Our first meeting wasn't exactly a very pleasant one. I remember you running to me angrily and Sere commanding you to stop. Then I brought you that boar and you started to be more gentle with me. And now look at us. I bring you food, games and company while your master is busy, and I can have a friend who doesn't judge me and is very patient and kind. I even cleaned your teeth to give you the pleasure of a better feeding time and show you my gratitude. I only ever did that with Shady, nobody else, until you came along. I know you were uncomfortable, you probably had the the urge to swallow, didn't you? I'm grateful that you managed to hold that instinct. And look at you now. Clean teeth, and a better bite. And more trust among us. Which reminds me, I have to get you a mirror soon so you can see your teeth for yourself." Angora commented, never having expected to have such closeness to a wild, gluttonous wyvern like him. It's one of those things in life you never in a million years would've thought it'll happen.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi tried out some of the milk - and was immediately filled with a sense of relaxing bliss. She began fo ease up noticeably, though she was still not willing to go up to the deck just yet. "I'm really glad you still have this," Ilasi said, as she took more sips of her drink. "Maybe I can focus on a bit of reading after this is all done... Oh. We have an issue. That... accident... that was all of my sedative. I will need to make more." Even amidst everything that had happened, Ilasi still wanted to make sure she had the tools to do her job.

"I can help you make more. I wish I could help you with the dragon, but alas, the healing itself is something you'll have to do for yourself. I don't want to spook the creature again." he said rather sadly, hating the idea of leaving her alone with the wild dragon.

But he didn't want to dwell on the negative, so he changed the subject afterwards.
"Señor Latnok can help you with the medicine. And after that, you can read your books. Speaking of which, you also have the spell book I gifted you. You can try new spells and increase your magic. Just think of the possibilities." Maverick said happily, looking forward to his girlfriend's expanded magic. The more she mastered magic, the more confident she would be.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#1852 Posted: 02:54:46 05/06/2019
Tyraika's eyes widened. "Wow. Really? Another world? That sounds amazing."

Kasidra was quiet while in deep thought, but still nodded along with what Latnok said. Well, it seemed she was correct, they weren't going to be gentle with the new dragon. Not in the slightest, from the sound of it. After what had happened, she couldn't blame them for reacting that way. Although, part of her wondered why they would even bother with her after that, if she were really that wild. Was it because of Raclaw and the information she supposedly had? Was it because of her injury? Would they really still want to heal her after what happened? Even so, they obviously had a secure means of controlling her with the collar. Why did they hesitate to use it? Kasidra wasn't sure, but they obviously had a plan in place to deal with the dragon. All she could really do was trust their judgement on the matter.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1853 Posted: 02:59:09 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Yes I am. I don’t remember much of my planet except from things on my ship I arrived in.” Shade said. “Though I do hop there’s more of my kind.”
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1854 Posted: 03:16:28 05/06/2019
In response to Angora's comments, Veris simply licked his teeth, as in acknowledgement of her work. Angora's order to "calm down" had triggered the more subservient, obedient side of Veris - at this point, he was waiting for another command.

Ilasi smiled before giving Maverick a hug. "Thank you... you have done so much for me..." she started to say, getting just a bit emotional. It was moments like these where she couldn't help but appreciate all Maverick had done for her, with how little she felt she had done for him in return. She truly was a lucky mermaid.

Latnok figured that he had kept Kasidra around long enough. She probably had other things she wanted to do right now. "Well, I won't hold you up," he said. "We can do some more sparring tomorrow morning - likely before I go to sleep, since I'll be watching the beast all night."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:35:30 05/06/2019 by A Guy
#1855 Posted: 03:47:33 05/06/2019
Maverick returned the hug, grabbing his own napkin and cleaning a bit of beef sauce from her cheek.
"Anytime Ilasi. I can stay here with you all night if necessary. I'm sure there are others taking care of the dragon right now, and I'm certain el capitán will give me the day off in order to take care of you." Maverick assured, knowing Sere would probably be open enough for a day off for him if it meant Ilasi would be taken care of. She was a crewmember that was injured, and despite her wounds being healed, Maverick was certain the old Guardian won't deny them one free day with the circumstances.

In response to Angora's comments, Veris simply licked his teeth, as in acknowledgement of her work. Angora's order to "calm down" had triggered the more subservient, obedient side of Veris - at this point, he was waiting for another command.

Now Angora was starting to get confused. Why wasn't Veris asking for a conversation? Did the ability run it's course so quickly?
"Something wrong Veris? Aren't you going to say something? Am I talking too much?" she asked, wanting a response, even if it was a simple yes or no. He was in a defensive posture before, but now he seemed so docile and quiet. She didn't want to believe the effects of the spell were over already...
---
#1856 Posted: 03:54:07 05/06/2019
Veris gave Angora a quizzical look, not understanding why she would ask a question with such an obvious answer. "I did not control myself. You had to tell me to calm down. I have been a bad wyvern. I must be ready to follow your next orders."Those who could understand Veris would perhaps pick up on a more monotone response, as if he were reading the explanation off of a script.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:11:26 05/06/2019 by A Guy
#1857 Posted: 04:02:38 05/06/2019
Angora was puzzled. Just how much military control this poor wyvern had?
"What? Veris, it was just a suggestion. It wasn't a command. You don't have to treat me like a commanding officer or anything. I mean, I'm grateful that you calmed down, but that didn't mean you had to stop speaking to me." Angora assured, even starting to feel pity for the wyvern. It's like he couldn't even be his full self with so much structure he had to endure.
---
#1858 Posted: 04:18:24 05/06/2019
"Oh, Maverick... I would love nothing more than that right now," Ilasi answered, more than happy that Maverick cared so much about her. And he did have a point. Regardless of how strict, and occasionally authoritarian, Sere could be, he showed that he placed a high importance on the well-being of his men. Just a day relaxing with Maverick - that would do wonders for Ilasi.

Angora's response only made Veris more confused. "Calm down... but continue speaking? Do you not want me to be silent for what you have to say to me?" Veris simply could not comprehend the idea of someone just wanting him to relax a bit - to him, calming down was always done with the purpose of facilitating his obedience.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1859 Posted: 04:42:25 05/06/2019
"Fantástico. Alright then, after I'm done with the meal, I shall go to his office and ask for it personally. I'm certain he'll be open to the idea. Afterwards I can move you to your cabin. You'll be more comfortable there. Oh but wait, I'll have to tell señorita Kasidra where we're staying. She'll be the one keeping us in touch of everything happening on the main deck after all." Maverick expressed, almost forgetting Kasidra was still new. He didn't know if Sere would be in the mood to see him after what happened, but some time has passed and if he has eaten as well, he will probably be in a slightly better mood than before. Maverick wanted to ask for his permission instead of taking a day off by himself.

Angora's response only made Veris more confused. "Calm down... but continue speaking? Do you not want me to be silent for what you have to say to me?" Veris simply could not comprehend the idea of someone just wanting him to relax a bit - to him, calming down was always done with the purpose of facilitating his obedience.

Now Angora was the one confused. Just what kind of training Veris went through to believe that calming down was practically stop doing everything?
"I said calm down, not be quiet. Two different things Veris. I don't want you to stop speaking. We barely get chances to talk like this." Angora specified, trying to keep her explanations brief to avoid confusing him further. She climbed to his shoulders and started massaging there to read whatever tension he had, if he had any. She also took the opportunity to scratch the loose scales.

As she helped Veris relax, she remembered something else he said earlier.
"You're not a bad wyvern Veris. If you were, you think I'd be spending so much time with you? You're kinder to me than so many other people on this ship. I don't want you to think you're bad to me. You're not. I should be the one apologizing for making comments that make you feel uneasy. So let me make it up to you. Let me help you relax. Then afterwards, I can give you a little snack. Or I can activate my shield so you can chew to your heart's delight." Angora expressed, wanting Veris to stop feeling bad already and demonstrate to him how much his friendship meant to her. The wyvern may not care for her the way she expected, but even if their friendship wasn't built in the traditional way, Angora still valued it.
---
#1860 Posted: 05:51:39 05/06/2019
Tyraika tilted her head. "Planet? Ship? You arrived with people?" she asked. "I'm sure they're out there somewhere, Shade. It's just a matter of finding them," she said. Tyraika looked out at the water. "Like I know my family is out there somewhere, even though I haven't seen them in a long time."

Kasidra blinked and pulled herself out of her thoughts upon hearing Latnok's voice. She nodded. "Alright, sir. See you in the morning then." At least everyone would be able to rest easy, knowing that he would be watching the dragon during the night. The tiefling left the main deck and headed to her room.
---
#1861 Posted: 10:05:33 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Unfortunately I arrived alone.” He said. He then looked down. “At least you know they are out there. I don’t even know if my kind is still alive.” Shade said. “But I still have hope that they are still out there.”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1862 Posted: 11:31:58 05/06/2019
Raclaw ate nearby, but didn't interrupt the conversation between Latnok and Kasidra. "I can help you with the training-- serve as an example so to speak and maybe even help calm her down.," the fur dragon companion said looking up at the Guardian. The new dragon had protected him, so perhaps his presence might help the situation even if just a little.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1863 Posted: 20:22:06 05/06/2019
The rest of the day would continue uneventfully. Tyraika did not eat any food that day - Latnok was true to his word. Leoquin and Sere would have to pull extended shifts on navigation, covering for Maverick who had been given time off until the end of the next day with Ilasi. Veris would continue to enjoy his time with Angora - the troll working to keep him relaxed, despite the earlier confusion over a perceived command.
As the night went by, Latnok kept watch on Tyraika throughout every minute - almost daring her to try anything to give him a reason to collar her. Though it was tiring, the Guardians could defer sleep for some time via meditation, and they could sleep more efficiently than normal humans on account of their training allowing them to enter into restful sleep almost immediately.
After what seemed like an eternity, the sun began to peek over the shore as Sere guided the ship to its next destination. There was a large, seemingly turreted building of some kind far in the distance - evidently part of the island they were aiming for. They would arrive some time in the afternoon or evening, provided everything went well.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1864 Posted: 20:32:10 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile had stayed nearby Tyraika all night. He slept peacefully through the night. He soon started to wake up and yawned.
---
SC
#1865 Posted: 20:46:42 05/06/2019
Raclaw stayed up alongside Latnok as long as he could, before the Guardian suggested that he get sleep at least for the sake of his own injuries. And so-- he and Chester would soon hit the sack before waking up again just as the sun was rising. Or at least Chester would wake up, while the the more sleep deprived Raclaw would remain sound asleep at least for a little while longer. Oh how the little beagle wished he processed Raclaw's ability to actually open doors, whereas his little paws and short height did little to help him in that regard. But alas-- it was simply not meant to be and he would have to wait for Raclaw to finally awake. That was one advantage fur dragons certainly had over dogs, even if they barked like one. But then again.. Raclaw was unique in that regard.

However, it wouldn't be too much longer until Raclaw would awake and two would soon find themselves on deck. The large seemingly turrented building in the distance would be immediately obvious as the two approached alongside the still awake Latnok. Raclaw's treated injuries seemed to be holding up and didn't seem to be limiting the fur dragon companion too much. It might be some time until more fireball training was advisable, but he still had his nifty tail spikes in case they ran into trouble. And knowing Falcon's Beak-- that would only be a matter of time. "Morning.," Raclaw greeted in a gentle tone.
---
#1866 Posted: 21:14:31 05/06/2019
Latnok was happy to see his friends come up to greet him - the night was as dull as ever. "Good morning," Latnok said. "Just a moment. I have some business to attend to."
Latnok then focused his mind on the sleeping Tyraika. She would have to be trained in a more structured lifestyle. "RISE AND SHINE, BEAST!" he telepathed to her. "WE HAVE A LONG DAY OF LEARNING AHEAD!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1867 Posted: 21:17:35 05/06/2019
The night went by smoothly for Maverick. After asking Sere for permission to take the day off and being more than pleased with his agreement, he entered the cabin and gently moved Ilasi to her own cabin, which was more comfortable and spacious. Before entering however, she looked for Kasidra to tell her where they would be staying. Once in Ilasi's cabin, he slept on the long couch that was there, being more comfortable than the bed of his own cabin.

Angora spent the night with Veris, talking to him until the effects of the spells went off shortly after midnight. The poor wyvern didn't seem to know the difference between a command and a simple comment, so Angora was careful with the way she used the words. After the effects were over, Angora decided to sleep with the wyvern. She thought the cabin would be occupied by Maverick and Ilasi, and she didn't want to go to the main deck, and since she doubted anyone on the ship would lend her a bed, she decided to stay in the enclosure. She didn't recall if there was a time where she spend the night with the wyvern, but even though she would be sleeping alongside him like she once did with Shade, she was going to keep herself in a corner in case Veris rolled around in his sleep and had the risk of crushing her. She didn't know if this was such a splendid idea, but sleeping with him would demonstrate to him once more how much she trusted him, and maybe make their bond grow even further. Everything should be fine, as long as she stayed in her corner and Veris didn't dream too much about food.

When morning came, Maverick was up. He didn't know what time it was, but he didn't care. He was going to spend the rest of the day with his dear Ilasi. She watched her on her bed. She was on her back, so he didn't know if she was awake or still asleep. Wanting to surprise her with a breakfast, he tried to exit the cabin quietly. While there would be times where he would cook for the crew, that would take too much time, so he would only cook for his girlfriend, Angora and Shade, though he would ask Kasidra to bring Shade his meal since he still wasn't ready to go to the main deck...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:43 05/06/2019 by Felines
#1868 Posted: 22:11:42 05/06/2019
Tyraika actually didn't sleep hardly any during the night. The hunger, as well as pain from her injured wing, made it difficult enough, but her restless mind made it practically impossible. She had a rather eventful day and a completely rotten one at that. There were so many things on the dragon's mind that she couldn't rest easy. She thought she had life all figured out and under control, until the disasters from the previous day happened. Tyraika still wasn't sure of what to make of everything. One thing was for sure, she was stuck in this mess now.

The dragon was still surprised by everything Shade had told her, but was starting to give his advice some serious consideration. Tyraika had always trusted her instincts to keep her safe and they had never failed her before. However, when she trusted them over her own reasoning yesterday, disaster happened. She thought she had needed to protect herself from a threat, yet what Shade said about the crew implied that she had imagined this threat all along. Tyraika had been so used to people trying to kill or capture her that she was blind to whatever truth was actually there. Had her instincts actually been wrong? Would everything had been fine if she just allowed herself to trust these people? Tyraika still wasn't sure she could trust these people, but now she was questioning her own instincts. If they had actually managed to get her into this mess, then she couldn't trust them either.

Tyraika sighed and glanced at Shade. She didn't know what to trust anymore, but perhaps she could trust her new friend's words. Maybe if she just took his advice, things would get better. She could only hope at this point.

She shook her head when there was a sudden voice screaming at her in her mind. Tyraika didn't even have to look at him to know who it was. She took a deep breath and prayed she had the patience to deal with this. "I was already awake," she replied simply.
---
#1869 Posted: 22:15:36 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade was now awake and looked at Tyraika. “Good morning. How is your wing?” He said. He wanted to stretch but his injuries prevented this.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:00 05/06/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1870 Posted: 23:05:07 05/06/2019
Latnok had spoken to Tyraika telepathically at this point - so Shade's interruption was understandable. "Shade," Latnok said to Shade, as he came over. "I am currently speaking with this creature. You may continue once we're done," he ordered, before returning his attention to Tyraika.
"Self-control will be a major part of your training. Part of that involves waking up when you are expected to. We're in for a day full of fun and games today. This will be as easy or as hard as you wish it to be." Latnok didn't need to brandish the collar just yet, though he would keep it an option.
"Now, first things first. The first time you approach or are approached by anyone, you will give an appropriate greeting, like your friend Shade here and Raclaw by me has done. Try it now."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1871 Posted: 23:24:18 05/06/2019
At the kitchen, Maverick started to get to work right away, making small pieces of venison with eggs and decorating them to form an underwater building he saw in the world Ilasi demonstrated to him. This was her platter. Angora would get some bacon that resembled licorice and were accompanied by an apple, forming an eye to it and putting one bacon that resembled a mustache, while Shade's platter what poultry decorated in the form of a cave with a waterfall on the side made of pieces of sausage. Now with the meals done, he wanted to find Kasidra so she could give the meal to the dragolet, leaving the other two platters hidden in the kitchen while he found her. He asked one of the passing sailors from the hallways to please look for her...

Angora was still asleep in Veris' enclosure, and didn't intended to wake up when all of the sudden, her body felt compressed. When she opened her eyes, she could see why. She was trapped between the wall and Veris' snout. How did he moved so far from his original sleeping position? Her feet were slightly off the floor, and she couldn't get out. The warm breathing from his nostrils was overwhelming her.
"Veris? Veris? Veris boy? It's me. Can you please move a little?" she said in a whisper, hoping he would listen but wouldn't get startled by a sudden awakening. She was in a very uncomfortable position, me if Veris yawned, she could get trapped in his jaws without him realizing it. As she tapped his snout to try to make him realize what he was doing, she tried to slither away from the position...
---
#1872 Posted: 23:33:37 05/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Mr. Latnok if I may interrupt for a moment but do you mind if I help? She is more at ease around other dragons and my presence may help with training.” Shade asked respectfully.
---
SC
#1873 Posted: 23:45:00 05/06/2019
Tyraika would have answered Shade, but Latnok had already come over. She sighed. She couldn't even greet her friend first? When Latnok started speaking to her, she bit her own tongue to stop herself from voicing her actual thoughts. So far, Tyraika had noticed that showcasing her attitude didn't get her anywhere she actually wanted to be. So she figured it would probably be best if she didn't talk so much, instead only speaking when necessary. Tyraika seriously doubted this would be anything other than miserable, but Shade had told her that all she had to do was obey. Now all she had to do was actually pull it off.

The dragon took a deep breath. "Good... Morning..." she muttered in a more monotone voice. Tyraika couldn't believe she was having to be nice to someone she would normally consider an enemy. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to greet too many people.

Kasidra had actually woken up a little later than she intended to, having had a restful sleep that she wasn't ready to wake up from yet. However, she knew she needed to get up, as she had things she needed to do. The tiefling was possibly going to spar with Latnok this morning, if he wasn't busy. She needed to be ready to deliver messages as well, in case there was anything to report to Maverick and Ilasi. So Kasidra left her cabin to make her way to the main deck, but had run into a sailor before getting there. Knowing that Maverick was already waiting for her, she went off to find him instead and soon ran into him in the hallway.

"Good morning, Maverick," the tiefling greeted. She noticed the platter of food he was holding. "Is that for Shade?"
---
#1874 Posted: 23:58:32 05/06/2019
Latnok gave Shade a harsh glare. "So, in your own selfishness and carelessness, you deliberately break the law, kill hundreds of people, and lash out several times after that... and you expect to be the role model for the wild dragon that damn near killed someone through her own carelessness and lack of respect for others? No - any training involving another dragon will be with one who isn't completely volatile." Latnok wouldn't force Raclaw to be involved in any training, but would accept help from the fur dragon if he was willing to offer it.
Hearing Tyraika's greeting satisfied Latnok. "Good. Very easy, wasn't it? Every single person here follows orders - exceptions being Raclaw - my fur dragon friend here - and naturally the captain. It would've been nice for you to be another exception, but you've shown us that that's not going to be possible. For the safety of the crew, you will adapt to this lifestyle."

Veris was calmly dreaming of a hunt when he started to get an itchy feeling on his snout. He began to move a wing to brush it off - but woke and immediately noticed the situation. He slowly brought himself away from the wall, to give Angora the chance to safely separate herself.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1875 Posted: 00:04:14 06/06/2019
Raclaw offered a nod, walking up alongside Latnok and indicating that he was willing. Chester remained nearby, while Risar watched from a position that also allowed him to manage the crew.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:32 06/06/2019 by redwes
#1876 Posted: 00:05:28 06/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“I ment no disrespect sir.” Shade said as he gave a slight bow of his head. “May I at least watch? And learn to better my own actions as well?” Shade respectfully asked.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:29 06/06/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#1877 Posted: 00:23:46 06/06/2019
Veris was calmly dreaming of a hunt when he started to get an itchy feeling on his snout. He began to move a wing to brush it off - but woke and immediately noticed the situation. He slowly brought himself away from the wall, to give Angora the chance to safely separate herself.

Angora was relieved that Veris could be gentle and reacting enough to remove himself slowly and avoid a yawn.
"Seems like you were having quite a dream there Veris. Were you tackling something?" she asked, finding no other explanation as to why he was pressed against the wall like that. It was quite funny how the wall turned out to be the one behind her.
"Well anyway, you can tell me later when I can understand you again. Time for the both of us to get some breakfast. And with some luck, I'll bring Maverick here, maybe even convince him to do some of his famous meals for you. Oh, but he is taking care of his girlfriend today, so I can't promise you anything just so you know." Angora expressed, not wanting Veris to be too enthusiastic about the event if there was no clear certainty of it after what happened yesterday. Angora knew Ilasi was healed, but a shock was something that needed plenty of recovery.

Quote: Cynder09
"Good morning, Maverick," the tiefling greeted. She noticed the platter of food he was holding. "Is that for Shade?"

"Buenos dias. Yes indeed, it's for him. My apologies if I couldn't cook for the entire crew like I usually do, but I don't want to leave Ilasi for long. Tell señor Latnok or the captain that I send this to the dragolet, and that I'm sorry I couldn't cook for everyone today. I would give this to him myself, but he's probably with the new dragon right now, and given what happened yesterday, well, I don't think she'll want to see me." Maverick correctly deduced, figuring the dragon wouldn't want anything to do with him after being the cause of the reaction that made such an unfortunate accident happen.
---
#1878 Posted: 01:52:22 06/06/2019
Tyraika tensed up when Latnok started scolding her friend. She gritted her teeth as she could feel anger building. She wanted to step in and defend her friend, but figured they'd only both get in trouble if she did that. Regardless of Shade's past, he had been helpful to her. His mistakes were an example of how bad things could get and served as a warning as to what could happen to her. His advice was also helpful in avoiding that scenario. Tyraika knew that she wouldn't even consider obeying now, if she hadn't listened to him.

After that, the dragon didn't feel like replying to Latnok. Not that she wanted to talk to him in the first place, but his treatment of Shade didn't help. Still, Tyraika didn't feel like any of this was easy. She blinked and stared wide-eyed, when Raclaw was mentioned as an exception to the rules. There was no way that was even remotely true. The fur dragon was a pet, he wasn't free to think for himself. Being raised by humans, his life would be nothing but orders. He wouldn't know free will if it bit him. Tyraika took a deep breath, not believing that she would have been an exception either. She only planned to "adapt" as much as necessary to get them off her case. As soon as she could go home, she'd be free again.

Kasidra nodded. "It's alright, I understand. You just be sure to take care of her. Let me know if you need anything." She took the platter of food from him. "I'll let them know. Yeah, and besides, I don't know if it's a good idea for anyone to be around the new dragon until the training is complete. I'll make sure Shade gets his breakfast, though," she said.
---
#1879 Posted: 02:25:42 06/06/2019
Latnok could see that Tyraika wasn't going to say anything else - which was disrespectful to him. He would gently inform her this time; he would not be so kind the next. "When I say something, I expect you to acknowledge what I say to you in some way. 'I understand,' or something to that effect. Try it now - and get used to it."
Latnok turned his head to Shade to answer, though he kept Tyraika in his vision. "You may watch - but you're not going to say or telepath a word or intervene in any way during her training," he warned sternly.
Latnok figured that he might as well use the opportunity to demonstrate proper communication using Raclaw. "Raclaw, let's pretend we just ran into each other, like we did this morning. Start the conversation."

Veris nodded before laying back down, looking somewhat bored. He enjoyed the times he could talk with Angora, but would have to settle for communication with gestures until then.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1880 Posted: 02:28:35 06/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade noded and sat down where he was. He was going to observe and learn though at the same time maybe his presence alone may help Tyraika in better understanding how humans work.
---
SC
#1881 Posted: 02:47:54 06/06/2019
"Gracias Kasidra. I'll be with Ilasi now. Let us know if there's anything new with the dragon and I'll let you know when Ilasi feels ready to treat her." Maverick assured the newcomer, deep inside very worried about the dragon. Latnok was very harsh and quite a control freak, and Tyraika was just a poor, wild animal forced out of her home and way of life. It wasn't fair. Still, he knew he didn't have any say in the matter, and that his opinion would be rebuffed as usual, so once again, he focused on his girlfriend.

He returned to the kitchen to grab the two platters, and not sure where Angora was, so he intended to look for her and give her the meal after Ilasi got her own breakfast. Using his body, he quietly opened the door, thankfully not being creaky like the one in his and Angora's cabin. Ilasi was seemingly still asleep, so he made sure to put her platter and Angora's in his hyperspace bag to make sure the food stayed warm. While waiting for her to wake up, Maverick took a small squared maze covered with glass and a tiny marble inside from his bag, and started moving it in all direction trying to get a ball in the hole in the middle of the maze. It was a game he was lousy at, but it entertained him greatly.

Veris nodded before laying back down, looking somewhat bored. He enjoyed the times he could talk with Angora, but would have to settle for communication with gestures until then.

Angora gave a small pat to his paw, bidding him goodbye and leaving the enclosure, making sure it was closed. She then headed to the kitchen, smelling what she believed was Maverick's cooking. But if it was, he probably cooked for Ilasi only, who needed it the most. Not expecting Maverick to have cooked for her, she made herself a few boiled eggs and a piece of ham, while she took a large piece of meat thrice her size for Veris. She wasn't certain what kind of meat it was. It looked like... boar? Horse? She had no idea, but knew too well Veris wouldn't mind.

Heading to his enclosure with her platter in one hand and the unknown meat in the other, she quickly put her platter in one corner of the place as soon as she entered.
"Not the ham Veris! That one is mine. This bigger, juicy one is yours.." Angora quickly specified, just in case the wyvern was getting a big head about eating both his breakfast and hers.

Since she didn't want a drool fest over her head, she proceeded to quickly kick the large meat towards his claws, as was routine, leaving plenty of space between her and the hungry wyvern.
"Knock yourself out you big lug." she said playfully, going to her corner to to eat before Veris begged for her meal as well.
---
#1882 Posted: 04:01:22 06/06/2019
Quote:
Latnok figured that he might as well use the opportunity to demonstrate proper communication using Raclaw. "Raclaw, let's pretend we just ran into each other, like we did this morning. Start the conversation."

Raclaw nodded-- stepping back and stepping forward with the best foot down. "Morning Latnok!," he greeted in a friendly tone and even a slight smile. If he was to serve as an example, he would make sure to set a good one for the new dragon in training. Tyraika deserved as much after not only only protecting him, but also possibly have a lead and becoming the closest thing they had experienced yet to a fur dragon. Chester laid down and quietly watched. The little Beagle was curious as to how the new dragoness would take to the training. He and Raclaw had been trained since birth (both under very different circumstances), but Tyraika was only just now receiving it after many years of having almost no human contact.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 08:22:18 06/06/2019 by redwes
#1883 Posted: 14:12:19 06/06/2019
"Alright, will do." Kasidra nodded. "Well, I better get this food to Shade before it gets cold. See you later, Maverick." She headed up to the main deck with the platter. When she got there, she saw that Latnok, Raclaw, and Shade were with the new dragon. The tiefling figured that training had already started, so she didn't want to interrupt. Still, she had to give Shade his breakfast. Kasidra walked closer towards them, but kept a considerable distance so as not to bother the new dragon or disrupt her training. The tiefling cleared her throat, hoping to signal her presence in a respectful way.

Tyraika sighed. She could get in trouble for not talking, too? Geez, these people were picky. She had been trying not to make the situation worse with her attitude, since talking to them didn't work so well yesterday. She figured, the less she said, the better. However, it seemed that it was more complicated than just staying silent. Tyraika took a deep breath. This wasn't going to get any easier, was it? "I... Understand..." she muttered in monotone.

She overheard Latnok say that Shade could watch, but not intervene. Tyraika felt a little better, knowing that her friend could at least be there for moral support. She turned her attention to Raclaw as a demonstration began. Tyraika tilted her head slightly at the fur dragon's little step back and forth motion. What was that supposed to be? Was that required as part of a greeting? She sighed at how friendly he sounded. That fur dragon was way too happy to be here. It was downright unnatural.

While the dragon didn't pay much attention to Chester, she had noticed that the tiefling came out, yet remained at a distance. The strange humanoid was far enough away that Tyraika didn't really react to her being there, aside from watching for a moment, before turning back to the fur dragon.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:12:47 06/06/2019 by Cynder09
#1884 Posted: 21:19:17 06/06/2019
Latnok was satisfied with Tyraika's acknowledgement, for the time being. He would continue the demonstration with Raclaw.
"Good morning, Raclaw," Latnok returned - giving a short glance at Kasidra, making eye contact to show that he had identified her presence. "I'm about to prepare some breakfast. Anything I can make for you? How about you, Chester?" Latnok would have to handle the cooking today, on account of Maverick being given the day off. This was also a good opportunity to remind Tyraika of food - though she was likely already feeling hunger.

Veris, in predictable fashion, attacked the food, leaving no trace of its existence. By the time he was able to look around again, Angora was hidden away in a corner - begging for the food wasn't something likely to be fruitful. Instead, he laid down patiently, awaiting any further suggestions from Angora.

With the rising sun, Ilasi slowly started to wake up. The wound did not have any lingering pain. She was rather pleased to see Maverick already waiting for her, keeping himself occupied.
"Good morning, Maverick," she greeted. as she began to sit up. "I think just staying down here for now would be good for me... do you happen to know if they're going to, uh, do anything about the dragon?" Ilasi was at a loss for how Tyraika would need to be handled. Likely, they would have to find someone else to do the healing if they wanted it done soon. Though Ilasi could offer instruction, the healing would be limited without her enchanted medicines.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:07 07/06/2019 by A Guy
#1885 Posted: 21:32:12 06/06/2019
"Hmm... surprise me.," Raclaw responded continuing with the demonstration. "Ooo-- something with bacon!," Chester quickly barked standing up and wagging his little tail excitedly. With both a 'surprise' and 'bacon' requested, who knew what Latnok would come up with. Risar watched the display from afar, but didn't yet see anything that might concern him or the crew at large. So far; Tyraika seemed surprisingly behaved at least while in the presence of the dragons and Latnok.
---
#1886 Posted: 21:59:48 06/06/2019
"Buenos dias Ilasi." Maverick greeted back before replying to her next comment.
"According to señorita Kasidra, señor Latnok is going to train her to be more patient and tolerable. I just hope he isn't so harsh." he expressed, genuinely worried about the dragon.

Shortly after expressing his concern, Maverick took Ilasi's pretty meal from the bag.
"Well, let's not worry about that for now. Any updates and señorita Kasidra will let us know. For now, eat. You'll need the energy." he said as he helped put the platter on her lap. He was tempted to go on deck later and check on things himself, but knew he needed time to pass until things could cool off.

Veris, in predictable fashion, attacked the food, leaving no trace of its existence. By the time he was able to look around again, Angora was hidden away in a corner - begging for the food wasn't something likely to be fruitful. Instead, he laid down patiently, awaiting any further suggestions from Angora.

Angora hadn't even reached half of her ham when Veris was already finished with his meal.
"You're such a piranha." Angora said giggly, having expected him to take a little longer with the larger meat, but it was no hindrance to him. He was indeed like a giant piranha, one that left no bones.

She looked at Veris lying down besides her, though not sure if he was begging for more. If he was, he was surely being discrete about it.
"Ah well, I don't need much food. Here, take it. I can fill up with the eggs." she commented, leaving a little more than half of the ham to the wyvern, throwing it into his mouth while she chomped on the boiled eggs. They should be enough to destroy the remaining hunger.
---
#1887 Posted: 23:50:45 06/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade noticed Kasidra trying to get his attention. He motioned her to come here. He didn’t want to interrupt Tyraika training. He sniffed a little. “Oh you have breakfast. Smells like Mavericks cooking.”
---
SC
#1888 Posted: 00:19:03 07/06/2019
Kasidra noticed the short glance and gave a simple nod. That was enough for her to know that she had been noticed, yet now wasn't the best time for a greeting. So she waited patiently for permission to approach and speak. The tiefling noticed that Shade had motioned for her to come over, but felt that Latnok wouldn't approve of that just yet. She wanted to deliver the breakfast, but she didn't want to get in trouble for interrupting. So Kasidra gave a simple nod to confirm that it was indeed Maverick's cooking and held up a single finger to signal him to wait a minute.

Tyraika's stomach was already grumbling from hunger, but the mention of breakfast and smell of food from the platter wasn't helping any. She didn't know why the tiefling was just standing there with food and not eating it, but it made it difficult to focus on the demonstration. Tyraika heard the words, but her mind was mostly focused on her hunger. Although, she didn't understand what the beagle was saying. He just seemed to be making noise.
---
#1889 Posted: 00:39:23 07/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade noded in understanding and stayed in his spot.
---
SC
#1890 Posted: 00:54:16 07/06/2019
Latnok noted the requests of his two furry companions, acknowledging them with a nod. "Hmm... we'll see what I can cook up, then," he said. "And what about you, Kasidra? Any ideas about what you want to have this morning?" He noticed that Kasidra had food already - clearly Maverick's cooking for Shade - and reached out a hand to receive it from her. He would hand Shade the food himself, like he always had.

Ilasi happily accepted the food, starting to eat slowly - despite the fact that she wanted to attack the food. She had slept for long periods of time and had missed one meal which she had deferred yesterday and never had a chance to eat. "Maverick... some day, I have to be able to repay you. For all you do for me. I... I'll be someone you can be proud of," Ilasi managed to get out. The recent incident had just fueled her own self-doubt more, and she wasn't yet sure how to tackle it.

Veris simply picked his head up and darted it at the meat, swallowing it whole. With the food eaten, he returned to a prone position on the deck, attentively looking at Angora.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1891 Posted: 01:00:41 07/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Thank you sir.” Shade said as he took the plate and started eating. “What about Tyraika?” He said.
---
SC
#1892 Posted: 01:16:22 07/06/2019
"What do you mean, what about Tyraika? Has she not explained to you that she can get food when she asks politely for it?" Latnok asked Shade. He knew Shade and Tyraika had been talking a lot. He had no doubt that that would've been one of the subjects of their conversations. "She will learn her place here, like everyone else."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1893 Posted: 01:17:39 07/06/2019
Maverick raised an eyebrow, wondering why such a sudden negative comment.
"Come on Ilasi. You think I'm doing all of this for you just so I can have something in return someday? What kind of boyfriend... what kind of MAN would I be if that was the case? This is unconditional." he said with a wink, not wanting Ilasi to have any doubt about that.

Veris simply picked his head up and darted it at the meat, swallowing it whole. With the food eaten, he returned to a prone position on the deck, attentively looking at Angora.

Angora looked at Veris staring at her, returning the gaze and never having watched his eyes so closely. It was quite impressive, like a giant cat.
"Well Veris, we're both with full bellies now. We can't play or anything yet, but if we arrive on an island today, I promise to take you for a flight if your master doesn't find the time." Angora assured, remembering she still had the grappling hook she borrowed from Maverick.

"So what do you want to right now? If you want me to stay, give me a sign, like stand on the door or something. If you want some time alone, lie down. I'm not needed anywhere right now, so I can do anything you want." Angora assured, willing to stay with Veris all day if he wanted to, even willing to tolerate a lick fest if he chose.
---
#1894 Posted: 01:34:52 07/06/2019
Kasidra thought for a moment and gave a light shrug. "Oh, it doesn't matter too much. I'm not that picky," she answered. She overheard the discussion about the new dragon and it got her curious about how the training was going so far. It didn't seem like the dragon was displaying any behavior issues today. "Speaking of which, sir, how are things going with Tyraika? Any progress?"

Tyraika gave Shade a perplexed look. She knew she had explained this to him yesterday. He even offered to wait with her, but she insisted otherwise. Had he forgotten so soon?
---
#1895 Posted: 01:44:13 07/06/2019
Ilasi gave a slight smile in return as she ate, though still having a few doubts. "It's just that... you know, this is something that needs to go both ways, you know? I need to do my part, too." As of now, Ilasi mainly thought about how she was too afraid to even move on the deck... Was she always that useless? Surely not, or she would've been dismissed already, most likely. But at the same time, she felt that there was so much more that she should be doing.

Veris gave a yawn before lying back down. With his belly full, he wanted nothing more than to just laze about for a few moments. Of course, there would miraculously be room for more if someone were to bring him more food - but there was a fat chance of that happening.

"Things are certainly going with the creature," Latnok answered Kasidra, making no attempt to hide how he saw Tyraika as little more than another beast to manage. "We've made a tiny bit of progress. Hoping to make some more later. The captain and I are still debating on whether we should just collar her, rather than have to keep an eye on her every minute of the day."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:13 07/06/2019 by A Guy
#1896 Posted: 02:03:06 07/06/2019 | Topic Creator
“Sorry sir I just thought she had asked politely already.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1897 Posted: 02:05:25 07/06/2019
Maverick shook his head, chuckling a little.
"But you've done more than your fair share. You use your bubble magic whenever I want to go underwater, you are an exceptional healer here on the ship and you purify the water we drink. What more do you want to do?" Maverick asked, wondering why Ilasi was still so insecured about her usefulness. Was it really because of yesterday's accident? It had to be. It was too much coincidence.

Veris gave a yawn before lying back down. With his belly full, he wanted nothing more than to just laze about for a few moments. Of course, there would miraculously be room for more if someone were to bring him more food - but there was a fat chance of that happening.

Receiving the message, Angora gave a gentle rub to his snout and headed to the exit.
"Alright then Veris. I get you. You want a nap. Rest well. I'll go find Maverick and see if I can convince him to prepare your lunch, but like I said, no promises. I'll be back around midday, so see you later." Angora assured, bidding him goodbye. Veris will likely take a nap now, and Maverick would most likely be busy with Ilasi, and wanting to avoid the main deck, there wasn't much she could do... except perhaps find the three former prisoners. She really liked them and hasn't seen them for a while. They could be great fun... or she could put a certain plan into motion, although she still didn't like it and doubted it would work...
---
#1898 Posted: 02:48:10 07/06/2019
Kasidra nodded slowly. "Hmm, I see," she said. "Well, I won't question your methods or decision, sir. Still, there has at least been improvement, right? That's something. I mean, do what you have to do, but you did just get started with training." It didn't seem like things were going well enough to be safe yet. Still, it did seem like an improvement from yesterday. Although, the tiefling was hardly an expert on dragons, so she could really only go on what she had observed so far.

Tyraika tensed up at Latnok's response, specifically the mention of the collar again. She couldn't believe it. She was making progress and they were still considering that as an option? What was even the point of all of this then? Why couldn't they just let her go? She didn't belong with these people. She needed to return to the wild. They had no right to hold her captive. It wasn't like they owned her. With anger building, Tyraika suppressed the urge to take action.
---
#1899 Posted: 03:36:33 07/06/2019
"Well, we still have quite a ways to go," Latnok said. "Until the beast is tamed, we won't be able to safely have any of the crew approach it. No way to treat it in that case. The sooner we can get this over with, the sooner we can encourage it to fulfill its end of the deal and the sooner we never have to deal with each other again. Gods know how many innocent people it might've killed just for being in the wrong place. Let it serve as an example to the crew that we will not tolerate needless threats to their safety."
Sere would soon ring the assembly bell in his usual spot. "Well, we better hop to that," Latnok said, before leaving to take his own spot with Sere. Leoquin would be somewhere closer to the front today, seeking to speak to the captain when everything was done.

Ilasi wished she could explain to Maverick how she felt in a way that he would understand. Yes, she did those things - but did she do them well enough? More importantly, would she be able to continue doing them as well as she had while that dragon was on board? Ilasi regretted thinking about it, but she was considering asking Latnok to secure the dragon every morning so she could perform her functions.
The sound of the assembly bell could then be heard ringing through the cabin. Ilasi began to get up, before reseating herself on her bed. "Oh, we're off today," Ilasi noted, with the bell ringing. "We can stay here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1900 Posted: 03:51:00 07/06/2019
Maverick heard the bell too, but didn't take any action. He was free, and so was Ilasi.
"Yes, we can. We are both free today. We could do almost whatever we want. So what do you want to do now? I mean, you don't need to get out of bed. We can do other things you know? Play a board game. Practice magic? Or maybe just talk?" Maverick commented, not sure exactly what they could do, but thinking of ideas...

Angora left Veris' enclosure and headed to her and Maverick's cabin. She knocked on the door, but she could see there was nobody there when she decided to open it. But Ilasi needed rest. Where else could they be but Ilasi's cabin? Knowing Maverick, he most likely carried her there to be more comfortable. That's where she headed.

Once she arrived, she found the door closed, and heard noises. No doubt they were there, but she didn't want to disturb them, so she decided to remain nearby and see if the door opened. Instead of staying there however, she decided to roam the hallways, not wanting to get caught in front of the door and have Maverick or Ilasi mistake her action for eavesdropping.
---
First | Previous | Page 38 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me