darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Xbox One or Nintendo Switch version?
Page 1 of 1
Xbox One or Nintendo Switch version?
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#1 Posted: 18:23:46 27/01/2019 | Topic Creator
This has been... bugging me lately. I cannot decide.

Normally I would take the PS4 route, however, I've never owned an Xbox before. That, and the Ori games look absolutely breathtaking. (Is Medievil also releasing on the Xbox One, or is it PS4 Exclusive only?)

Or, should I save my money and purchase the Nintendo Switch version of Reignited if it comes out? I've been also thinking of waiting for a newer version of the Switch to be released before I do anything. I would love Spyro and Pokemon on the same console. (that and Yokai Watch 4 looks like it could be AMAZING, basing on the footage!)

I adore platformers. Spyro is what I grew up with, and what got me involved with dragons in the first place. I just don't want to make a big mistake if I ended up getting the Xbox One, and all of a sudden, Spyro is announced for the Switch a day later. That, or Spyro won't be on the Switch at all. Right now I only want to focus on one console.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:24:40 27/01/2019 by Radiance
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2 Posted: 22:54:54 27/01/2019
IMO, PS4, but that's only because I've grown up with the PlayStation, and PlayStation was the console that started me on gaming in the first place. I stick with Sony mainly because I'm used to the controller, and I like the fact that the PS3 and PS4 controllers don't require batteries.

But if I had to choose between the Switch and Xbox, I'd go for the Xbox, since I'm not into Nintendo games. And personally there are a couple of Microsoft exclusive games that interest me.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#3 Posted: 23:00:44 27/01/2019
I have the Xbox One, really, there is no true difference, between the One and the PS4.

I really don't know of anything the PS4 can do that the One doesn't.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 23:48:46 27/01/2019
Since we aren’t even sure a Switch version is coming at all, even if it’s highly likely seeing what happened with the N. Sane Trilogy, I’d go with the Xbox One version.

There is really no difference at all between that and the PS4 one, neither does the result changes when comparing the game on the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X, so you could also pick the PlayStation version and save your money for either an Xbox or a newer Switch.

It’s also important to remember that potential PC and Switch versions would offer either better graphics and framerate (besides all the eventual mods) or the possibility to take the game wherever you want, all far better strenght points than the currently available ones.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#5 Posted: 15:50:36 28/01/2019
Quote: Archae
I have the Xbox One, really, there is no true difference, between the One and the PS4.

The PS4 doesn't require batteries in the controllers to operate. So that's one less thing to worry about when owning a PS4.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#6 Posted: 16:06:30 28/01/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

The PS4 doesn't require batteries in the controllers to operate. So that's one less thing to worry about when owning a PS4.

Its charge cable is a pain though, it's so dinky that you've gotta have the console right next to you (unless your arms extend beyond two feet, or something). I suppose at this point we're arguing consoles rather than which one it runs the game better on. If you can wait, I'd recommend waiting for reviews of the Switch version ("the" being the operative word; Our Man in Japan says our bodies aren't ready for a Switch successor), but failing that, get the PS4 version. Is there any point getting a console for the Ori games, especially if you've got a PC or laptop that can play them?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:10:55 28/01/2019 by Johnbonne
#7 Posted: 22:06:11 28/01/2019
Quote: Johnbonne

Its charge cable is a pain though, it's so dinky that you've gotta have the console right next to you (unless your arms extend beyond two feet, or something). I suppose at this point we're arguing consoles rather than which one it runs the game better on. If you can wait, I'd recommend waiting for reviews of the Switch version ("the" being the operative word; Our Man in Japan says our bodies aren't ready for a Switch successor), but failing that, get the PS4 version. Is there any point getting a console for the Ori games, especially if you've got a PC or laptop that can play them?

Well the PS4 is perfect for me, I can happily have the controller plugged in since it's not that far for me anyway, and I'm used to PlayStation since I grew up with the system when I first started gaming. So I guess I'm nostalgia blind, but I guess it's just personal preference at the end of the day. I always think that PC is the best way to game if you've got a decent computer. But I'm too stubborn to stick with my PlayStation. smilie
---
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#8 Posted: 00:21:33 29/01/2019

I use 4 rechargeable AA batteries for the controller, 2 get charged then put in the drawer until my Xbox One lets me know the batteries need recharging.

Been doing this with my Xbox 360 controller for years.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#9 Posted: 17:48:47 29/01/2019
What console do you have? Get it for that one.

The Ori games are on Steam and look great on a decent monitor.
#10 Posted: 01:46:49 30/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Unfortunately I don't have any of the current consoles. ^^;; I always relied on my trusty 3DS and its library. I was hoping to purchase the Switch a few months after its release (2017), but purchased my first car instead, and promised myself I would buy one after I got my vehicle. Unfortunately, I haven't because I kept playing other titles for the 3DS, or I've been too ate up with being good with money. Once in a blue moon, I'll purchase a game, but rarely. (the last one I purchased was Monster Hunter Stories, which is well over a year now.) Usually I'll use my money to purchase groceries or to pay bills, or stuff that I really need.

I haven't had a console since the Playstation 2. I still have my original Spyro trilogy, and the games are still in good condition, and I play them at least a couple times a year because I'm too lazy to hook in my dusty ol' silver PS2 to my television.

Since many people are saying to choose the PS4 over the Xbox version, perhaps I'll settle upon that along with the Switch version.

Thank you all for your replies, I really do appreciate it! :) I hope to make my final decision in March if a Nintendo Direct features The Reignited Trilogy. If not, I might as well hop on the PS4 bandwagon and snag myself a Slim. (I know that a lot of people would prefer for me to get a Playstation 4, but I love the handheld too much. I'd love to take Spyro on the go again like I did when I was a child!)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:27 30/01/2019 by Radiance
#11 Posted: 10:58:06 31/01/2019
Quote: Radiance
Unfortunately I don't have any of the current consoles. smilie;; I always relied on my trusty 3DS and its library. I was hoping to purchase the Switch a few months after its release (2017), but purchased my first car instead, and promised myself I would buy one after I got my vehicle. Unfortunately, I haven't because I kept playing other titles for the 3DS, or I've been too ate up with being good with money. Once in a blue moon, I'll purchase a game, but rarely. (the last one I purchased was Monster Hunter Stories, which is well over a year now.) Usually I'll use my money to purchase groceries or to pay bills, or stuff that I really need.

I haven't had a console since the Playstation 2. I still have my original Spyro trilogy, and the games are still in good condition, and I play them at least a couple times a year because I'm too lazy to hook in my dusty ol' silver PS2 to my television.

Since many people are saying to choose the PS4 over the Xbox version, perhaps I'll settle upon that along with the Switch version.

Thank you all for your replies, I really do appreciate it! smilie I hope to make my final decision in March if a Nintendo Direct features The Reignited Trilogy. If not, I might as well hop on the PS4 bandwagon and snag myself a Slim. (I know that a lot of people would prefer for me to get a Playstation 4, but I love the handheld too much. I'd love to take Spyro on the go again like I did when I was a child!)

I suppose the one thing you're sacrificing when going with the Switch is that the graphics won't be as good, but if you're not too bothered about graphics, then who cares I guess. I get this feeling that Spyro won't get a Switch release, because the 3 games combined won't fit on a disc, so it may require a lot of space.
---
#12 Posted: 20:33:27 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Thanks to you guys, I finally caved and bought a PS4 slim with Spyro Reignited after work with my Christmas money! smilie

Ripto's Rage is currently installing... I suppose this means that the Internet connection is working, hopefully! If not, does anyone know where I need to get the sequels downloaded on the PS4?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:20 31/01/2019 by Radiance
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#13 Posted: 11:52:03 01/02/2019
Quote: Radiance
Thanks to you guys, I finally caved and bought a PS4 slim with Spyro Reignited after work with my Christmas money! smilie

Ripto's Rage is currently installing... I suppose this means that the Internet connection is working, hopefully! If not, does anyone know where I need to get the sequels downloaded on the PS4?

Your internet connection's fine, Year of the Dragon will follow suit and you'll soon be able to play all three games. smilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#14 Posted: 23:34:20 08/01/2020
i havethe switch version and sadly some texture look blurry very pixelated
---
THE END IS NEAR
Akame Yellow Sparx Gems: 1584
#15 Posted: 11:26:20 19/10/2020
I have the Switch version, and it's just fine. That being said, I rarely play in handheld mode cos as nintendofan92 says there is a pixely/blurry/hatched look to some of it, especially shadows.

The loading times suck but I don't know if that goes across other platforms, or...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me