Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Armello
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1 Posted: 18:41:02 13/12/2018 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Anyone else here play it?
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#2 Posted: 02:44:55 19/12/2018 | Topic Creator
No one? Darn.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 20:13:45 24/12/2018
I have yet to play yet, but I've always been meaning to. One of these days I am going to, I swear.
#4 Posted: 20:46:11 24/12/2018 | Topic Creator
It's pretty fun for a strategy board game, and it's a good thing it's half'ed off for the winter sale.
---
#5 Posted: 00:20:20 25/01/2019
finally got around to buying this game and I just finished the prologue. It seems fun, but it doesn't seem like there's much non DLC content, unless there are modes and whatnot I have to unlock.
#6 Posted: 15:27:24 27/01/2019
Okay, is there something I am doing wrong? I can't seem to win a game for the life of me, and I often times feel like that when even I have the tools to win, something always just fiends to happen that prevents me from winning.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#7 Posted: 18:34:42 27/01/2019
FURRIES???

But seriously, the designs are lovely ... but sadly I can't get into rpgs. Which is a damn shame because this game looks very nice!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#8 Posted: 19:57:52 27/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
finally got around to buying this game and I just finished the prologue. It seems fun, but it doesn't seem like there's much non DLC content, unless there are modes and whatnot I have to unlock.

Okay, is there something I am doing wrong? I can't seem to win a game for the life of me, and I often times feel like that when even I have the tools to win, something always just fiends to happen that prevents me from winning.

Ugh, sorry, I don't always have the will to reply to things.

True, there's not much to do outside of the standard game, but there are things to hold you over for a number of games .. primarily achievements and completing the Card Gallery, and maybe collecting dice each season too. Of course, with only that to do, I wouldn't recommend playing Armello too many times a day, as even it will get boring over time otherwise.

In regards to the dlc's, I'd recommend waiting for a sale for the Clan packs, .. 10 bucks isn't quite worth simply four characters. And no, there's no unlockable modes, just single/multiplayer ... YET. We are due for a 2.0 update sometime this Quarter, or so I heard, so there's no telling what we may get then.

In regards to winning .. it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying for Spirit Stones, you gotta make those the focus of your quests, until you complete the condition, otherwise it's best to focus on either getting prestige or just plain prepping to siege the palace. You'll need to keep an eye on how the King's health is if you want to attack him, since just entering the palace can take a turn away (unless you get one of the AP cards to play after). ... Rot victories are tricky though ... dying to Banes is the simplest way to get Rot, since getting it from the cards is variable. I myself tend to get more Rot cards when I'm not trying to do it, and not when I am.

And yeah, RNGesus is very fickle in this game, but in a good way, ... a good way to counter perils is to try and hold as many different Types of cards as possible, especially for the palace if you can't use your Quest for it. The Wolves are pretty good for killing the King, thanks to their abilities, like River doing damage before the fight, especially if the King is at 1 health. Barnaby makes items like the Heavy Plate Armor perfect, by swapping it out before his turn begins and putting it back on afterwards, and while Sana isn't that useful against normal heroes, she's perfect for Spirit Stones.
---
#9 Posted: 20:25:09 27/01/2019
Quote: theuone

True, there's not much to do outside of the standard game, but there are things to hold you over for a number of games .. primarily achievements and completing the Card Gallery, and maybe collecting dice each season too. Of course, with only that to do, I wouldn't recommend playing Armello too many times a day, as even it will get boring over time otherwise.

In regards to the dlc's, I'd recommend waiting for a sale for the Clan packs, .. 10 bucks isn't quite worth simply four characters. And no, there's no unlockable modes, just single/multiplayer ... YET. We are due for a 2.0 update sometime this Quarter, or so I heard, so there's no telling what we may get then.

In regards to winning .. it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're trying for Spirit Stones, you gotta make those the focus of your quests, until you complete the condition, otherwise it's best to focus on either getting prestige or just plain prepping to siege the palace. You'll need to keep an eye on how the King's health is if you want to attack him, since just entering the palace can take a turn away (unless you get one of the AP cards to play after). ... Rot victories are tricky though ... dying to Banes is the simplest way to get Rot, since getting it from the cards is variable. I myself tend to get more Rot cards when I'm not trying to do it, and not when I am.

And yeah, RNGesus is very fickle in this game, but in a good way, ... a good way to counter perils is to try and hold as many different Types of cards as possible, especially for the palace if you can't use your Quest for it. The Wolves are pretty good for killing the King, thanks to their abilities, like River doing damage before the fight, especially if the King is at 1 health. Barnaby makes items like the Heavy Plate Armor perfect, by swapping it out before his turn begins and putting it back on afterwards, and while Sana isn't that useful against normal heroes, she's perfect for Spirit Stones.

I'm also not sure how to gain followers. They seem to be very hard to come by aside from the Sphinx cap stranger.

I know it's kind of weird, but for small game company is that I want to support, I actually tend to buy when there are no sales going on because I want them to have more buddy to help them out. Like, I'm more willing to spend ten bucks for a six pack of bratwurst at a small town local meat shop than 5 bucks at a corporate supermarket. Also the fact that the game is furry related helps.
#10 Posted: 20:49:06 27/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: theuone

I'm also not sure how to gain followers. They seem to be very hard to come by aside from the Sphinx cap stranger.

I know it's kind of weird, but for small game company is that I want to support, I actually tend to buy when there are no sales going on because I want them to have more buddy to help them out. Like, I'm more willing to spend ten bucks for a six pack of bratwurst at a small town local meat shop than 5 bucks at a corporate supermarket. Also the fact that the game is furry related helps.

Oooh, yeah lol. I guess it depends on how much you're willing/have to spend. As for followers, yeah .. there's mostly just the quests and dungeon tiles. Amber is good at dungeons, so she's probably the best for getting them. Scarlet of the Bandits also works by saving a Town.
---
#11 Posted: 00:52:53 28/01/2019
One more question. How much skill vs. Luck would you say there is in this game?
#12 Posted: 21:11:30 28/01/2019
I finally managed to snag a prestigious victory, but for some reason I didn't unlock the Favour Charm. Also, how hard is it to kill the king? I haven't attempted it yet, but that prides edge card is evil. Never tried to kill him personally, but he seems almost impossible to kill without being killed yourself . River tried to go for a rot victory, and she got like a hundred dice compared to him, and she still couldn't kill him without dying herself. From what I can tell, if your right is higher than his, killing him is easier, which I guess balances out the rot victory versus the kingslayer victory.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:37 28/01/2019 by MugoUrth
#13 Posted: 19:29:07 13/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shame about MugoUrth (but not really from what I heard) ... I was enjoying talking about Armello with him.

On other news. .. https://steamcommunity.com/app...66638537263724/

I am so ready.
---
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#14 Posted: 19:36:35 13/02/2019
i really want this game but cant afford it atm, even when its on sale smilie someday!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me