darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Future of Spyro Discussion and TLOS Discussion
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Future of Spyro Discussion and TLOS Discussion
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 00:36:55 20/11/2018 | Topic Creator
That's not just a good Cynder, but a great Cynder.

ALSO GOT A PS4 TODAY! REIGNITED IS AMAZING!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#2 Posted: 13:12:54 20/11/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
LOL YOU'RE RIGHT

Also, speaking of that, Nicholas Kole made a Classic Spyro-styled redesign of Cynder that I really hope makes it into a future TFB-developed Spyro game:

Yay! Nicholas' Reignited Cynder is so adorable! smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3 Posted: 14:17:16 20/11/2018
Just give me Cynder, Malefor and IGNITUS for the next game TFB!!
I don't know why everyone is only talking about Cynder and Malefor!? I love both too but Ignitus aka Spyro's "father" deserved more love! He was also a great character.
An playable Cynder with her own levels in the gameplay style of TLOS would be lit and it would be different to Spyro's gameplay!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#4 Posted: 15:07:17 20/11/2018
I would love to see all of the major characters from TLoS return in a new game, including all of the guardians and the Chronicler; wouldn't Terrador make the perfect Beast Maker? I think most people bring up Malefor because he sort of goes hand-in-hand with Cynder, who is a VERY big fan favorite.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#5 Posted: 16:34:09 20/11/2018
^First that and I think the second reason is Malefor is a EVIL dragon with a good design and background story.
I would also like to see all dragons of TLOS to come back and Ember, Flame and Red.
More dragon cast in Spyro's age is necessary.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#6 Posted: 16:59:23 20/11/2018
Malefor is probably requested because he's a character who had a ton of potential but it wasn't utilised because DotD kinda went through a bit of a development hell and ended up being rushed out the door in the end.

You could say the same about Cynder but I feel Cynder, being a playable character and being in all three games, had enough going for her and enough screen time to where people would get attached to her. Plus she made it into Skylanders from day one, and was a starter pack figure for Giants, so she's probably popular in the Skylanders community too.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:05 20/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 17:31:27 20/11/2018
Well, so is Malefor, who had a new set of development hell as he was introduced in the comics and never made it to the games in time until Ring of Heroes, which isn't a normal Skylanders game.

People did joke that some of the mauve elders in 1 could pass off as a Malefor redesign though, and they're kinda right; just give one of 'em a horn that goes straight up and you're good to go.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#8 Posted: 18:22:41 20/11/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Well, so is Malefor, who had a new set of development hell as he was introduced in the comics and never made it to the games in time until Ring of Heroes, which isn't a normal Skylanders game.

People did joke that some of the mauve elders in 1 could pass off as a Malefor redesign though, and they're kinda right; just give one of 'em a horn that goes straight up and you're good to go.

We shouldn't forget Cynder and Malefor in Skylanders Academy.

While I would love to see Malefor in a future game, I don't personally want him to be bipedal like the other adult dragons. I think that he should remain rather "monstrous" in appearance, so having him remain a quadruped would be better, imo.

Same for Ignitus and the others. They could be another species of dragons from a foreign country.

I mean it even exist asian dragons in classic universe...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:23:56 20/11/2018 by XSparxX
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#9 Posted: 18:51:38 20/11/2018
The Malefor classic counterpart is the Sorceror from Shadow Legacy.
It would be interesting to see Malefor under a new role imho.
A thousand-year-old dragon returned to life, perhaps?
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#10 Posted: 20:25:06 20/11/2018
That would make Malefor indeed something special. Maybe they could introduce the purple dragon plot again ~

I'm so upset of some fans who are insulting other Spyro fandoms and are so against including TLOS/Skylander characters in a new classic Spyro game.
Where is the problem? Every fan has the rights to have their favorite Spyro/Skylander character in a new Spyro game. They would retconned the story of them anyway like they did with Spyro, Cynder and Malefor in Skylanders. Geez, that OT fans are getting in my nerves...
---
#11 Posted: 20:51:09 20/11/2018
The problem is Thing I Don't Like. Some people still live in 2011, hell, some people still live in 2006 and think it's okay to treat reboot fans as second class citizens. It's so refreshing to see a Reignited stream where LOS was brought up and see just 'hah wasn't that strange, well people like what they like' instead of foaming at the mouth over corrupting their mascot or something.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#12 Posted: 21:04:50 20/11/2018
LOS literally killed the franchise until reignited, classic fans rise up
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:03 20/11/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
#13 Posted: 21:15:11 20/11/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

That's a weird way of writing ETD.
---
#14 Posted: 21:25:15 20/11/2018
Activision killed the franchise until reignited.
---
#15 Posted: 21:26:33 20/11/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

That's a weird way of writing ETD.

we got AHT after ETD, a flawed semi faithful spyro experience. What came out after LOS? Skylanders which ditched the spyro title after the second game

LOS fans confirmed for second class citizens and bad taste
#16 Posted: 21:27:58 20/11/2018
Quote: XSparxX
Activision killed the franchise until reignited.

no it was dawn of the dragon's sales
#17 Posted: 21:39:41 20/11/2018
AHT actually came off of ETD's bad reputation where the reviews were basically "this genre is dead, Spyro can't get over this crisis" and sold badly. And let's not get STARTED with how Shadow Legacy was recieved.

On a slight tangent--

Quote:
Spyro: Shadow Legacy is surely a dark day for the Spyro franchise, but I suppose the good news is that it probably couldn’t get any worse. So if and when our beloved purple hero returns to the DS it can only be a better game.

*laughs*
*looks at ANB DS*
*laugh that slowly turns into crying*
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:41:28 20/11/2018 by Bifrost
#18 Posted: 21:52:33 20/11/2018
DotD was the best selling home console Spyro game since the original trilogy before Skylanders.

If you look at the figures, EtD was easily where the drop off happened. EtD and the GBA games which came around the same time did well, but then there was a big drop off until LoS started, likely because of EtD's reputation. Spyro literally wasn't relevant between EtD and LoS. LoS gave the series relevancy of some kind and created a new generation of players for the franchise that would go on to buy Skylanders and now Reignited Trilogy.

DotD achieved 2.18 million sales approximately across all platforms, and that's not counting Xbox 360 digital sales (which likely doesn't add much but I'm sure some people bought it there).

LoS didn't continue mainly because they wrapped up the story, and because Activision literally bought the franchise during the development of DotD. First wave copies of DotD have the Sierra logo (the previous publisher), while second wave copies had the Activision logo.

Activision had Skylanders in development anyway and using Spyro to help draw attention to this toys-to-life stuff was a big boon for them so that's why we didn't see actual Spyro content for so many years. It had nothing to do with DotD because if you consider the time it came out, there was literally no demand for mascot games that weren't Nintendo characters or Sonic. Yet DotD still managed to do as well as it did which is more than can be said for many other properties.

AHT didn't even break a million sales. I actually quite like that one but objectively speaking, it wasn't a very "relevant" game, it didn't do anything substantial for the brand. LoS did, to the point I'd argue Reignited Trilogy wouldn't be doing as well without the existence of LoS and Skylanders too. I'm sure it'd still sell fine, but the more the merrier.

EDIT: Slight correction, AHT barely broke a million.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:58:41 20/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#19 Posted: 22:14:10 20/11/2018
Even Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant sold well, so it WAS literally Activision who killed the franchises.

I remember a interview from the TLOS producers which said TLOS was just a foundation for a new universe and new Spyro games ... and then Activision came and killed the TLOS movie and Radical Entertainment together with Crash Landed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:30 20/11/2018 by XSparxX
#20 Posted: 00:02:21 21/11/2018
Even Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant sold well, so it WAS literally Activision who killed the franchises.

I remember a interview from the TLOS producers which said TLOS was just a foundation for a new universe and new Spyro games ... and then Activision came and killed the TLOS movie and Radical Entertainment together with Crash Landed.

the cancelling of that movie was the greatest thing activision has ever done to the franchise, reignited being second

and i still stand by my post that TLOS almost ruined spyro, classic or go home
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:07 21/11/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#21 Posted: 00:40:20 21/11/2018
I don't get the hate over TLoS.

If I want the ultimate collectathon experience, I play the original trilogy. (And Reignited now.)
If I want classic Spyro with greater graphics yet less-than-equal gameplay, I'd play ETD and A Hero's Tail.
If I want Spyro but with action, I play the TLoS trilogy.

What in the universe could there possibly be to hate about that arrangement?
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#22 Posted: 21:51:13 21/11/2018
I would love a TLOS remake but I think we'd have to wait a bit before releasing that. I don't think a lot of fans would like the huge jump in game styles.

However, I don't think the next Spyro game should be a carbon copy of Reignited in terms of gameplay and style as it will get boring quickly.

I think they should revisit AHT, and Shadow Legacy - Classic Spyro with a tad more combat.
I know Shadow Legacy isn't that great but I believe that's because it was on the DS. I think a console version would actually be quite good.

If that's true then I'm really sad as TLOS is my favourite Spyro universe.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#23 Posted: 02:26:23 22/11/2018
Quote: theuone

If I want the ultimate collectathon experience, I play the original trilogy. (And Reignited now.)
If I want classic Spyro with greater graphics yet less-than-equal gameplay, I'd play ETD and A Hero's Tail.

it would be a good arrangement if the games were good
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#24 Posted: 02:32:21 22/11/2018
Quote: Bionichute

Except that I like them all, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Of course ETD is ..itself, but as my first Spyro game, it's impossible for me to hate it. And I quite enjoy both A New Beginning, and Dawn of the Dragon. (The Eternal Night is the only game I don't have.)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#25 Posted: 02:50:31 22/11/2018
ANB is mediocre. It's combat was very unrefined and nothing had synergy, while the story was actually super basic and video gamey despite being billed as the beginning of an epic saga. I would legitimately argue that Spyro 3 and AHT have more in-depth storylines than ANB.

TEN is actually fantastic and is probably the most well rounded game in the trilogy, people just complain about it being too hard because they can't be bothered to be even slightly creative with its mechanics. People complain about it being a button masher and when button mashing gets them killed, they complain it's too hard. It's the Kingdom Hearts 2 Critical Mode problem.

DotD was a rushed game but it still turned out solid in gameplay at least. Also I have practiced speedrunning it over the years and it's an amazing speed game, on par with Spyro 2 IMO (which is overall my favourite Spyro game). I definitely have a soft spot for it and it actually seems pretty appreciated even by casual fans.

TLoS won't get a full-on remake, but a remaster would be more plausible. I've seen worse selling stuff get remasters. At the very least it would be good if ANB and DotD got Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility support.

Personally it doesn't matter, I can emulate all three at 4K 60 FPS myself (GameCube ANB and Wii TEN in Dolphin, DotD PS3 in RPCS3), but not everyone is in that position so a remaster would be nice.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:20 22/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#26 Posted: 07:03:02 22/11/2018
Quote: Bionichute

Seeing comments like this is the problem. People like what they like and all Spyro fans want different things which is allowed.

Sat there type "Oh but __ is so bad leave it alone" isn't a good discussion.
I'd like to see most fans catered for with classic Spyro and TLOS. There's good potential in both because different fans like both.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#27 Posted: 09:04:26 22/11/2018
I really like the idea of Spyro and Sparx being brothers and I like the fact that Spyro is a very rare kind of dragon and he’s sort of a reincarnation of Malefore I really want that to be introduced in the next game
#28 Posted: 09:18:30 22/11/2018
Yes I like the characters and story ideas from TLOS.
I have more fun with the games as with Spyro 2 but that is my own opinion.
DOTD is because of the coop, my third favorite Spyro game.
---
#29 Posted: 10:50:59 22/11/2018
TEN's problem isn't being hard, it's that the lack of invincibility frames creates crazy amounts of fake difficulty.

TEN GBA though, you couldn't name a better LOS game to me. So short and so sweet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:51:23 22/11/2018 by Bifrost
#30 Posted: 11:25:51 22/11/2018
I think I'm one of the only people who prefer TEN over ANB xD
---
#31 Posted: 13:38:00 22/11/2018
TEN's problem isn't being hard, it's that the lack of invincibility frames creates crazy amounts of fake difficulty.

TEN GBA though, you couldn't name a better LOS game to me. So short and so sweet.

It really doesn't, you have tons of ranged options and the ability to slow down time on a whim. Use them.

More than can be said about Reignited, which also.does not have I-frames on hit.
---
#32 Posted: 13:54:29 22/11/2018
I used them and still spent like 2 hours or more on Mountain Fortress and Celestial Caves each. I played the game not even 3 months ago - the fact you get hit ONCE and lose half your health while Spyro is still rolling and sitting down since everyone dogpiles him is criminal. I can have all the fun in the world using the breaths and DT but it's gone once you get hit by something that causes heavy stagger(which still happens in DT meaning you can waste the entire bar on it!). Classic Spyro is different in that you can usually run away from the enemies and they won't come in already starting their tackle animation or something, or have so many on the screen that the one you're focusing on is hiding 2 others already readying their attacks.
---
#33 Posted: 14:03:42 22/11/2018
I used them and still spent like 2 hours or more on Mountain Fortress and Celestial Caves each. I played the game not even 3 months ago - the fact you get hit ONCE and lose half your health while Spyro is still rolling and sitting down since everyone dogpiles him is criminal. I can have all the fun in the world using the breaths and DT but it's gone once you get hit by something that causes heavy stagger(which still happens in DT meaning you can waste the entire bar on it!). Classic Spyro is different in that you can usually run away from the enemies and they won't come in already starting their tackle animation or something, or have so many on the screen that the one you're focusing on is hiding 2 others already readying their attacks.

There's definitely a number of levels in Classic Spyro that overwhelm you with enemies that are now more aggressive than before, Misty Bog and Fireworks Factory just to name a few.

I would argue TEN would have been too easy if you had I-frames along with Dragon Time.

Getting overwhelmed shouldn't be an issue either when you have Ice Breath and Electricity.
---
#34 Posted: 15:18:15 22/11/2018
I think both don't have to be mutually exclusive, but if DT automatically ended Spyro's stagger it would've been perfect. It runs out fast enough that it's not saving you against a beefy enemy or trying to facetank a Leader, but it would be good to leave the path of the attack and think about your strategy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:27 22/11/2018 by Bifrost
#35 Posted: 18:34:37 22/11/2018
Still, I kind of wonder how it'd look in the Reignited style. It's not the same without Jared Pullen's crooked edges and spirals, but TFB could do something close to that.
---
#36 Posted: 19:38:24 22/11/2018
I like TEN (A bit better than ANB, if I'm to be honest), and while I don't find it nearly as difficult as most others seemingly do, it's still kind of bull**** sometimes.

Despite liking it, however, I wouldn't call it "fantastic" either. (Because it really isn't in any way, shape, or form lol) Maybe I would've called it that when I was, like, twelve, but it hasn't aged that well in my eyes. (And I've grown up lmao)

It has other problems too (Such as how overly long some levels are), but I'm not really in the mood to get into that. smilie

Yeah I've played TEN this year again, it was a solid game but my kid me would give it a 9/10, now I would give it a 7/10.
I still like it. It has more puzzles and platforming than ANB that's why I prefer it over ANB anytime.
DOTD is a 8/10 for me in coop and a 7/10 in single player. I don't like the combat in DOTD if I'm honest. I prefer the more faster combat of ANB and TEN.
---
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#37 Posted: 08:22:08 01/12/2018
Well, for a new Spyro game, I'm just hoping for a game that will be something akin to the formula of, "New, But True to Its Roots." I mean, I'm okay with changing up the formula a little bit. I'm hoping the new game is similar to one's like Mario Galaxy. Where the gameplay is similar to other 3D Mario Titles, but with new minigames, puzzles, environments, fun exploration, and some form of progression that feels rewarding. Anything but the tedium that was Enter the Dragonfly. A game I loved until I was 50% done with the game, and realized how barebones it was to Spyro 1, 2, and 3 in terms of hubworlds, characters, mini-games, challenges, etc.

If Skylanders characters came back, I would like a real role for them other than just toys sitting in a box in my bedroom that I occasionally take out to progress through the game. I rather unlock a character in the game than to take out my massive collection of them and dig to find the character I need to get through a door.

As for Legend Of Spyro characters returning, or ones from any other Spyro games, I'd be okay with them as either plot driven characters, Easter Eggs, or ones to obtain collectables from.

Also, on a side note (and mini rant/personal opinion), if Ember makes a return, can we make her a little less annoying and pushy? I get she was in love with Spyro, but my response to her voice just made me...what's the word...oh yeah...annoyed. Granted, I will give the developers a positive outlook and say they made a character with less than five lines of dialogue get a reaction out of me. But it wasn't a positive one. But hey, that's just my opinion. You can agree or disagree with it. I don't mind.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#38 Posted: 18:39:32 03/12/2018
I'd love to see a new TLOS game eventually, but I don't think the market will be ready for it for a long time. I mean, we just got a return to the original Spyro playstyle with RT, so I think if we get any new Spyro content, it'll be in the original style. Or, it'll be Skylanders, as they're still making those games -- especially with the upcoming Ring of Heroes app.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#39 Posted: 00:17:49 04/12/2018
I don't think they ever would make a new TLOS game or an remake of it.
It isnt so popular like classic Spyro and doesn't got the best review scores ... Activision wants money and they get more money with classic Spyro than with TLOS Spyro.
---
#40 Posted: 03:55:34 06/12/2018
Obviously the correct answer here is to make Spyro Generations and make all of the money.

Then it gets a PC release and modders crack it wide open.
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#41 Posted: 15:37:47 06/12/2018
Yes. Then we can have a Spyro/Sonic Generations crossover.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#42 Posted: 17:37:34 15/01/2019
If there are to be any future games, I'd love to see Enter the Dragonfly see its full potential. The developers seemingly knew what they were doing but due to the time constraints and lack of game development experience, it was no wonder the game died on its backside and their reputation thrown to the hounds. Toys for Bob have done an outstanding job with the Reignited Trilogy, and I'd trust them to do any of the other games going forward just as well. However, ETD's reputation might set them back.

I wasn't a fan of the TLoS series but I'd give it a go if TfB or VV were behind it, but I'm not sure if we'll see that so soon. Wasn't a lot of the mainstream or marketing appeal generated by big-name actors doing the voices of the characters? Would it do as well without those names? Even then I still think that franchise, indeed Spyro needs to cool down. Alas, with CTR: Nitro-Fuelled being announced, it seems Activision has the momentum to run both franchises into the ground. Let's hope they learn some restraint, eh?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#43 Posted: 23:01:59 17/01/2019 | Topic Creator
When should we hear about Activision's Earnings call?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me