darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#101 Posted: 11:47:29 18/11/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I just did Zephyr and...yeah, not a fan of them completely ruining the Romeo & Juliet side quest. I'm enjoying the game mechanics wise (as well as breaking it), but the writing reeks of homogenisation. Spyro 2 is well known for having adult humour and I feel taking that away ruins a lot of what gave it it's identity.

yeah the problem there is that the "joke" in the original version is "lol this female character is voiced by a man" which is SUPER iffy. i'm glad about the change because of that reason, but it definitely does kind of remove the point of the two missions

not that having two missions lead up to an offensive joke is a good thing
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#102 Posted: 14:31:17 18/11/2018
Quote: Bionichute
I just did Zephyr and...yeah, not a fan of them completely ruining the Romeo & Juliet side quest. I'm enjoying the game mechanics wise (as well as breaking it), but the writing reeks of homogenisation. Spyro 2 is well known for having adult humour and I feel taking that away ruins a lot of what gave it it's identity.

yeah the problem there is that the "joke" in the original version is "lol this female character is voiced by a man" which is SUPER iffy. i'm glad about the change because of that reason, but it definitely does kind of remove the point of the two missions

It's not iffy at all, if anything it's wholesome.

The joke is more that your expectations are subverted since they purposefully use the names Romeo and Juliet as they are ubiquitous. You hear the name Juliet and you automatically think of a pretty girl with a feminine voice because everyone knows the name from the Shakespeare play.

So when you get there to find out Juliet is actually a guy you laugh as a knee jerk reaction because people tend to do that when faced with something that is the complete opposite of what they were told to expect. However, the whole thing isn't at Juliet's expense because Romeo still accepts Juliet no questions asked. The game doesn't make a big deal out of the fact that Juliet is probably a guy, it just makes it clear through his voice and then still let's him have his happily ever after as you would expect.

This kind of more nuanced humour was a large part of what gave Spyro 2 it's identity, at least it's definitely part of the reason I loved the game growing up. I think taking it out just because someone literally looking for something to be offended by might get offended is silly.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#103 Posted: 20:09:23 18/11/2018
Honestly I think you're looking way too deep into a joke that aged like milk my guy
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#104 Posted: 21:55:14 18/11/2018
So I was just in Magma Cone, and I was chasing one of the little Earthshapers. He ran away like normal, but when I chased him around the corner, he stopped running and started T-posing away from me.

Probably unintentional, probably a bug, but still funny smilie
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#105 Posted: 23:37:59 18/11/2018
I noticed and appreciate the fact that when hatching Clare in Cloud Spires (she was my favorite baby dragon growing up), they combined her two different designs (original version she's blue with glasses/PAL version she's turquoise and makes a rainbow) so that she has glasses and makes a rainbow. Such a tiny little detail but I think it's cute they did that.
#106 Posted: 02:02:13 19/11/2018
The Hunter VS Rabbit cutscene in Spyro 3 was amazing.

Stretch Armstrong Hunter.

[User Posted Image]
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#107 Posted: 11:58:25 19/11/2018
Oh dear...

---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#108 Posted: 13:11:02 19/11/2018
What the heck is with all these glitches I’ve been hearing about? Should I wait for a patch update before playing the other two?
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#109 Posted: 13:14:37 19/11/2018
Quote: Bionichute

I don't see the issue, is timmy tuner being voiced by tara strong offensive?
#110 Posted: 22:57:57 19/11/2018

That Cynder redesign tho lmao

[User Posted Image]

F I L L E R
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#111 Posted: 23:22:21 19/11/2018
^ UM I love!!!!
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#112 Posted: 23:37:25 19/11/2018
Why add the super whirlwind in Midnight Mountain, if you aren't going to put in anything where Spyro lands?
#113 Posted: 23:45:18 19/11/2018
Sorry sunglasses Spyro you've been replaced.

I also love Sting, she looks like she'd be a real sass queen going by that face.

EDIT: lmao he didn't even know Young Cynder existed yet the design still has some similarities to it, that's crazy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:30 19/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#114 Posted: 23:52:21 19/11/2018
Quote: Hardback247
Why add the super whirlwind in Midnight Mountain, if you aren't going to put in anything where Spyro lands?

Even if they wanted to, I'm sure they would've had to cut it for the sake of getting the game out the door. The lives are a nice nod to fans so I don't mind at all.

Also, speaking of that, if you hover quickly after the whirlwind takes you out of the building, Spyro will roll off of the roof of the castle and onto the weird stairs that are slightly out of reach. There's another life hidden up there too!
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#115 Posted: 00:33:16 20/11/2018

That Cynder redesign tho lmao

[User Posted Image]

F I L L E R

Unofficially canon to me, I love it. (Gah!, another edit ... I mean for the Cynder and Sting piece.)

On the previous art of adult-Spyro though, it's just as cool ... however, looking at gramps-Sparx is so, so very sad. Think about it, Spyro in his glory days, but Sparx on his deathbed. (Just had to check, said art is on 97 of the other topic.)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:39:03 20/11/2018 by theuone
#116 Posted: 22:43:43 20/11/2018
So, uh, about Reignited... what is everyone's favorite Spyro powerup skin? And do you think they should have been made into skins?

I love them all, though some of them (the ice one especially) seem to make the little details on Spyro's chestplate and horns less visible. I can't tell if that's just my eyes or not.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#117 Posted: 23:47:10 21/11/2018
The flame skin and invincible skin are great. Heck, I like it all because it reminds me of Devil May Cry 3 when Dante and Vergil's DT forms change based on whatever Devil Arm is equipped.

Oh yeah, I've just beaten the entire trilogy except for the Super Bonus Round record. (It takes 41-42 seconds for me to get through each lap, so I can't get to 2 minutes).

Spyro 1: 120% - 6:11:07

Spyro 2: 100% - 7:49:23

Spyro 3: 117% - 8:49:06

Total time: 22:49:36 and three PlayStation Platinum Trophies.

I've played the PS1 games so many times, it almost felt like second nature to me. I've memorized almost every single little aspect in the games, so it became jarring when I noticed some of the poor design choices or missing dialogue. There's still no extension of the Sorceress creating Scorch or any banter between her and Spyro but I appreciate the Spyro 1 portal transition for her fight. I also appreciate the Share button because I don't understand how you can rewatch the cutscenes in Spyro 2 but not 1 and 3.

What a ride! I'm exhausted after all that, so I'm willing to wait whenever Toys for Bob patches new updates and DLC or when Activision will greenlight a new game for Spyro. Reignited Trilogy could serve as the groundwork for something new and exciting!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#118 Posted: 20:57:56 22/11/2018
I’m probably aloneness in this but was anyone else slightly disappointed that they replaced the gun & grenade wielding Gnorcs in Twilight Harbour? I understand why they did it but I always quite liked the intimidating tone of the level with those Gnorcs, as if Gnasty was really going all out with the technology found in the junkyard to try and stop Spyro, as magic and natural weapons didn’t work. Paint instead of guns didn’t really have that effect for me lol.

for the record, I don’t actually agree with gun ownership for the average person, but in a fictional game I think it always worked well and was one of those moments that made it slightly more dark and mature, which I always enjoyed about Spyro. It was never just a ‘kiddie’ game, there were always little jokes and references and secrets that took it beyond that. Not that the guns are a joke lol, again I just liked them and thought they fit.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#119 Posted: 21:46:32 22/11/2018
Quote: Spyrobaby
I’m probably aloneness in this but was anyone else slightly disappointed that they replaced the gun & grenade wielding Gnorcs in Twilight Harbour? I understand why they did it but I always quite liked the intimidating tone of the level with those Gnorcs, as if Gnasty was really going all out with the technology found in the junkyard to try and stop Spyro, as magic and natural weapons didn’t work. Paint instead of guns didn’t really have that effect for me lol.

for the record, I don’t actually agree with gun ownership for the average person, but in a fictional game I think it always worked well and was one of those moments that made it slightly more dark and mature, which I always enjoyed about Spyro. It was never just a ‘kiddie’ game, there were always little jokes and references and secrets that took it beyond that. Not that the guns are a joke lol, again I just liked them and thought they fit.

You're definitely not alone on it, a lot of people have been vocal about that change.

I myself wasn't very happy about it. It's the only change in Spyro 1 that I was particularly unhappy with (other than the flight controls but that's universal across all three games). I think it dilutes the tone of the level. Previously, I felt Spyro 1 was the only game in the trilogy with a good "final level". Spyro 2 and 3 not only don't have a specific final level (in fact it's entirely possible to fight Ripto and the Sorceress without doing any of the levels in the final homeworld in both Spyro 2 and 3) but none of the levels in the final worlds were particularly menacing or intimidating in any way. Spyro 1 always had that going for it, but by taking out the guns, that sense of intimidation is no longer there. They also made the Gnorcs look a bit goofier in that level but in the original they specifically went out of their way to make the Twilight Harbour Gnorcs more intimidating than the rest. Like they were Gnasty's elite squad.

However I won't say it ruined the entire game either, or even the level. Still a fun level indeed.

Spyro 2 had a LOT more changes that would classify as censorship or kiddifying the game and those bugged me more since Spyro 2 is my favourite Spyro game and it's very specifically known for it's dark and adult humour. It's part of it's identity. While I still enjoyed playing it (even with some bugs), Reignited Spyro 2 didn't make me as nostalgic as Spyro 1 and 3 because it was so obviously different to me.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#120 Posted: 00:11:25 23/11/2018 | Topic Creator
I do expect someone to mod the guns back in Twilight Harbor in the PC release, but yeah, it's disappointing to me as Twilight Harbor is one of my favorite levels in Spyro 1.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#121 Posted: 06:52:15 23/11/2018
https://twitter.com/CrystalBla...809853745152000

Squid skateboard cheat refound!

PS4: Up, Up, Left, Left, Right, Right, Down, Down, Square, Square, Circle
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#122 Posted: 16:18:20 23/11/2018
Haven't seen anyone talk about this because most people are probably using the Original version, but what is everyone's favorite Reignited track? Buzz's Dungeon is now on another level with the new instruments, which is odd because other similar songs have nowhere as much emphasis on them .
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#123 Posted: 16:26:59 23/11/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Haven't seen anyone talk about this because most people are probably using the Original version, but what is everyone's favorite Reignited track? Buzz's Dungeon is now on another level with the new instruments, which is odd because other similar songs have nowhere as much emphasis on them .

The main menu, particularly for its inclusion of the Jacques theme in what is otherwise a melody of the three title themes, as that's a pretty cool nod to some Stewart Copeland trivia.

Other than that, probably Zephyr as the more authentic instrumentation works wonders for that track. And Buzz's Dungeon like you mentioned. I kinda like the new versions of Bentley and Agent 9's themes too.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#124 Posted: 18:37:51 23/11/2018
After playing all the games, beating the first two, and just needing 6 more eggs to get to the Sorceress , I feel as if I can give a brief thought of how I felt about each game.

Spyro 1: I really liked it, but didn't love it. It felt bare bones (Which, being the first game, doesn't surprise me) and most of the levels underwhelmed me. Although, I do love Artisans Homeworld, Stone Hill and Tree tops. Other than that, the levels were forgettable. 7/10.

Spyro 2: A huge step up. Pretty much everything is better. Gameplay, music, variety, and characters. I loved all the hubs especially Winter Peak, although, I do admit, I think that the music for Summer and Autumn is unfitting, and should have been much more different. For WP, it fits perfectly. Idol Springs, Mysic Marsh, Metropolis, Glimmer, Hurricos, Fracture Hills, Breeze Harbour, and Zephyer were my favorite levels. 9/10.

Spyro 3: The only OG game I played before this, and oddly, I feel nostalgia for it, but not nearly as much as I figured I would. Almost felt like a different experience. Regadless, it's absolutely my favorite. Most playable characters, best levels, best story, and best NPCs. I love too many levels to list them all. That includes the hubs. 11/10 for me. Loved it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#125 Posted: 19:38:10 23/11/2018
I like Reignited bamboo terrace OST better.
It's faster and don't have the weird singing.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#126 Posted: 02:19:51 24/11/2018
Quote: Spyrobaby

It's a bit inconsistent. Rhynocs use spears in Sunny Villa but in Charmed Ridges, lances are replaced with iron fists, which somehow feels NSFW if you saw Mac's training bike in It's Always Sunny but that's just me.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#127 Posted: 13:38:11 24/11/2018
Welp, I finally reached Twilight Harbor. And well.....the music is bad, imo! This is the first level where I had to switch the music to original. Please let this be the only time I have to do this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:38:39 24/11/2018 by ECDT1089
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#128 Posted: 19:33:52 24/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: ECDT1089
Welp, I finally reached Twilight Harbor. And well.....the music is bad, imo! This is the first level where I had to switch the music to original. Please let this be the only time I have to do this.

To preface: in general, I do prefer the original music, and Stephan did a good job with the Reignited soundtrack as a whole, but Twilight Harbor is one where he kinda missed the point IMO.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:24:12 24/11/2018 by JCW555
#129 Posted: 21:19:21 24/11/2018
I don't know if I've said this here but the faun girls in Fracture Hills are some of my favourite NPCs now while I didn't care for them in the original game. Their new designs are so good and their animations are so insanely fluid, like as much as Spyro's. And the various Celtic accents (like one sounds Scottish, another sounds Welsh, and another sounds Irish) makes them even better compared to the generic valley girl accent from the original. Some of their lines work better because of it now too.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#130 Posted: 23:56:40 24/11/2018
I always thought the change to the Charmed Ridge lances was because of the fact the Knight Rhynocs attack by using the lances as clubs in giant form. The thin end of a lance isn't a useful club, but a charging fist to the face is still a decent charging weapon.
---
Eh.
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#131 Posted: 03:26:50 25/11/2018
I always liked the fauns in Fracture Hills. Fracture Hills is actually not that bad as a whole, either.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#132 Posted: 06:28:48 25/11/2018
In Haunted Tombs, the first dragon egg that you get from the cannon competition thing was originally named "MJ" but it seems Reignited changed the name to "AJ". I wonder why???? smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#133 Posted: 07:58:37 25/11/2018
Quote: Fireball
In Haunted Tombs, the first dragon egg that you get from the cannon competition thing was originally named "MJ" but it seems Reignited changed the name to "AJ". I wonder why???? smilie

i think he was still called mj for me
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#134 Posted: 10:37:14 25/11/2018
Yeah, that dragon was absolutely still called "MJ" in Reignited when I played smilie

Unless it's a regional thing with the text, and you're not playing in English...?
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#135 Posted: 12:32:09 25/11/2018
The localizations change names, yes. Even if the name makes no sense whatsoever in that language(PT-BR translates every boss name with less than stellar results).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#136 Posted: 13:42:08 25/11/2018
Quote: Beemo
I always liked the fauns in Fracture Hills. Fracture Hills is actually not that bad as a whole, either.

I think it was the worst level in Spyro 2 ... boring, generic level design and stupid side quest of doom (the Alchemist one...)
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:42:30 25/11/2018 by XSparxX
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#137 Posted: 17:04:56 26/11/2018

So far I really really like the Artisans remix! I think I like it more than the original, in fact. And the faded out version is so peaceful with the birds singing in the background <3 I also really like Dry Canyon, Crystal Flight, and Hurricos.

There haven't been many misses for me, music-wise. Maybe Idol Springs but that's it so far.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#138 Posted: 01:29:24 27/11/2018
Quote: Tsutori

So far I really really like the Artisans remix! I think I like it more than the original, in fact. And the faded out version is so peaceful with the birds singing in the background <3 I also really like Dry Canyon, Crystal Flight, and Hurricos.

There haven't been many misses for me, music-wise. Maybe Idol Springs but that's it so far.

So far, Dark Hollow!
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#139 Posted: 03:31:29 27/11/2018

I honestly like most Reignited tracks just as much as the OG, or like each for their own reasons. I also agree with Tsutori on liking the new Artisans music better! It just sounds so magical.
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#140 Posted: 03:56:12 27/11/2018
Okay, here's a out of place secret for you guys for the reignited Trilogy door.

Literally hit the door 100 times until it breaks, if you have that same mentality the door will open. Unfortunately the boss required the same hits, and all the enemies are like spyro one bosses. To be fair it was one of my scariest mysteries of a door, since the dreaded reference was, you will never be ready, especially now. Especially due to the fact you only have a certain amount of lives, good thing you can quit immediately.

And all you have to do is look at the spoiler.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#141 Posted: 04:15:36 27/11/2018
Quote: Forgotten World
Okay, here's a out of place secret for you guys for the reignited Trilogy door.

Literally hit the door 100 times until it breaks, if you have that same mentality the door will open. Unfortunately the boss required the same hits, and all the enemies are like spyro one bosses. To be fair it was one of my scariest mysteries of a door, since the dreaded reference was, you will never be ready, especially now. Especially due to the fact you only have a certain amount of lives, good thing you can quit immediately.

And all you have to do is look at the spoiler.

Surely you jest.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#142 Posted: 18:46:59 27/11/2018
UwU I'll have to check that door thing out next time I play.

Just started my play though of Spyro 1 RT today. Here are my thoughts:

The good:
  • Overall, the character designs are creative and unique. I especially love Sparx's little blue feet (a nice detail that hints to him turning blue when you get hit!)
  • I like the added movements to animations. Makes the characters come to life.
  • I appreciate that there are multiple save files! Maybe I can be one of those people who get older family members to also fall in love with Spyro.

The bad (mostly nitpicks):
  • No sparkle on the gems! Makes it really hard to find them all. How could TFB forget about this?! Things kind of blend together, especially when you're moving around, which makes it hard to distinguish between objects and find those stinkin' collectibles.
  • The camera. Normally I don't care much, but I initially had issues with how it is set up. It follows Spyro a bit weirdly and doesn't like to stay behind him, which makes it hard to see what's going on. Thankfully you can put the camera in active mode at the pause screen, which fixes most problems
  • Similarly, you have to click and double click triangle instead of holding it to get the camera behind Spyro's head. Makes it tedious to use! I use this all the time when I play, so the added button mashing is annoying.

So, basically:
Most of my complaints are about the mechanics. This is likely due to me growing up on the originals and being used to how those games where programmed to function. The art style of the game is pretty nice and unique; for those of you who've played TFB's Skylanders games, it has a similar artistic feel. Characters look stylized and clay-like which emphasizes their cuteness.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#143 Posted: 21:49:07 27/11/2018
Quote: ThunderEgg
  • Similarly, you have to click and double click triangle instead of holding it to get the camera behind Spyro's head. Makes it tedious to use! I use this all the time when I play, so the added button mashing is annoying.

If you're using the Reignited controls, just tap or hold L2 to center the camera behind Spyro's head. The triangle look mode acts more as a way to closely observe your surroundings now.
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#144 Posted: 22:37:25 27/11/2018
Quote: Clank
Quote: ThunderEgg

If you're using the Reignited controls, just tap or hold L2 to center the camera behind Spyro's head. The triangle look mode acts more as a way to closely observe your surroundings now.

Ok, I'll have to try that out!

I'm just used to using the triangle view from my playthroughs of the originals :3
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#145 Posted: 23:13:14 27/11/2018
So based on the comments I've been reading on YouTube, YOTD's soundtrack is shaping up to be pretty nice. I didn't actually listen to the tracks. I paused the videos and went straight to the comment sections. I have yet to see any post release footage of that game as well. It's the most nostalgic for me, so I can't wait to play it after Ripto's Rage. Hopefully, I don't encounter any glitches I've been hearing about. And speaking of Ripto's Rage, I'm not even halfway through it yet lol. So far, I haven't had any problems with the soundtracks. Metro Speedway is my favorite at the moment.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:16:21 27/11/2018 by ECDT1089
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me